CONSUME RED

Studio Album, released in 1997

1.Consume Red (57:04)

Search GROUND ZERO Consume Red lyrics

Search GROUND ZERO Consume Red tabs

Yoshihide Otomo (turntables and guitar)
Sachiko Matsubara (sampler)
Yumiko Tanaka (futozao-shamisen)
Masahiro Uemura (drums)
Yasuhiro Yoshigaki (drums)
Naruyoshi Kikuchi (soprano sax)
Mitsuru Nasuno (electric bass)
Kazuhisa Uchihashi (electric guitar and effects)

Sampling guest: Kim Suk Chul (hojok)

Sank-ohso /Creativeman, CMDD-00046

Thanks to Black Velvet for the addition

GROUND ZERO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GROUND ZERO Consume Red Music

Consume RedConsume Red
Recommended Records 1996

More places to buy GROUND ZERO music online Buy GROUND ZERO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for GROUND ZERO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

GROUND ZERO Consume Red ratings distribution

GROUND ZERO Consume Red reviews

3 stars My interest in checking out this band came from Mitsuru Nasuno's involvement. He also plays bass for KOREKYOJIN a band I like a lot. I didn't realise though that GROUND ZERO are a band that create soundscpaes through samples, experimental sounds, turntables and the traditional bass, drums,sax and guitars.To say this was different is a big understatement. There are those who feel this is a masterpiece, and who am I to argue not knowing this kind of music very well at all. To be clear to everyone, this isn't about melody but about soundscapes. I knew something was up when for 25 minutes all I heard was what sounded like dual sax blasts that were off set slightly, and after those two blasts would be some experimental noises each time. For 25 minutes ! Yes I thought of Finnforest but decided not to fire the cd out the window. After 25 minutes the sound inbetween became constant, with the sax blasts still coming and going the same way.

My favourite section came when the drums arrived heavily 30 minutes in and continued for 14 minutes. I like that part a lot. When the drums stopped a wall of sound came in with the sax blasts still coming but relegated to the background thankfully. At this point I quit clenching my teeth and squinting my eyes. The sax finally stops 53 minutes in with only 4 minutes left in the song. The last 4 minutes is made up of electronic noise and dissonance. At this point i'm asking "Where did the sax go ?"

Ok it wasn't as bad as I make out, in fact it was quite good. Not my cup of java though.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#168758) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 26, 2008

5 stars We start with a few saxes plaintively crying. It sounds somewhat exotic. Spanish? Arab? This goes on and on, like it is for a dark ritual, or as if we are at the vigil for hundreds of dead. Eventually, noise bursts in. This continues on and off, as the saxes show no sign of abating, only pushing eve ... (read more)

Report this review (#1318460) | Posted by Lear'sFool | Monday, December 01, 2014 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Well, I don't personally know what I think about this. It's progressive music on brave, uncharted ground (at least, it was uncharted in the 1990s comparatively). Noise, perhaps the most vilified of genres in music, still holds some level of respectability in the development of music in the pos ... (read more)

Report this review (#606552) | Posted by Smegcake! | Tuesday, January 10, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Having trawled this site for a few years now, I can safely say that I believe that prog has well and truly shown the ability to argument itself with just about any genre, style and concept piece. Ground Zero's Consume Red illustrates one such extreme of genre mixing, being avant prog with nois ... (read more)

Report this review (#603992) | Posted by Renkls | Friday, January 06, 2012 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Consume Red is without a doubt one of the most rewarding experiences I have encountered. It may also be one of the most polarizing albums around, given the fact that people who like this, consider it a work of genius, and people who dislike it hate it passionately. As this review will show, I have ... (read more)

Report this review (#197763) | Posted by Asphalt | Thursday, January 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of GROUND ZERO "Consume Red"