ELECTRONIC-UNIVERSE PART I

Progressive Electronic

Software Electronic-Universe Part I album cover

Buy SOFTWARE Music
Studio Album, released in 1985

1. Fluting Electronic Universe (19:57)
2. Surfing Saturn (20:32)
3. Dancing Venus (19:37)

Search SOFTWARE Electronic-Universe Part I tabs

- Peter Mergener / keyboards
- Michael Weisser / keyboards

Innovative Communication IC 710.055 / 56

Thanks to PROGMAN for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

SOFTWARE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOFTWARE Electronic-Universe Part I Music

More places to buy SOFTWARE music online Buy SOFTWARE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SOFTWARE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SOFTWARE Electronic-Universe Part I ratings distribution

SOFTWARE Electronic-Universe Part I reviews

Review by colorofmoney91
4 stars Electronic-Universe Part I displays Software's tendency to sound like a tame Klaus Schulze at its ultimate best, and never again would their music reach this level. The cold, computerized landscape on this album isn't alone, but accompanied by flute, harp-tones, and the sound of galactic winds.

Obviously, the first track, "Fluting Electronic Universe", is where the flute is, but in addition the the flute I also hear some likeness to Yes' instrumental passages on Tales from Topographic Oceans and has very nice progressive developments in the structures of the soundscapes throughout it's 20 minute duration. "Surfing Saturn" include the sounds of galactic winds, which is something that you'd expect while surfing through the gassy atmosphere or ice-rings of Saturn, and this track also progresses nicely throughout, going to quiet and calm to slightly destructive and noisy. "Dancing Venus" is one of the most disturbingly atmospheric tracks on this album, with the first 9 minutes consisting of the screeching of spatial sirens attempting to draw the listener in, and then leading off with dissonant staccato synths that really recall the rocky and destructive landscape of Venus.

All of the tracks here are great, and there really is a good range of sonic soundscapes here to be enjoyed. Maybe not the best progressive electronic album I've ever heard, but this would be a great place to start in Software's discography.

Send comments to colorofmoney91 (BETA) | Report this review (#438067) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, April 23, 2011

3 stars Playful and meditative electronic music. From Germany (again), a prog electronic duo named "Software", which besides its obvious name reference, the "soft" also serves to represent their musical tendency, in this their "ELECTRONIC UNIVERSE-Part 1", 1985, album. More "baroque classical" insp ... (read more)

Report this review (#1212509) | Posted by admireArt | Saturday, July 12, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SOFTWARE "Electronic-Universe Part I"