ESOTERIC POEM *

Asgard

Asgard Esoteric Poem * album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy ASGARD Music

WARNING: Progarchives.com did not validate the information

Studio Album, released in 1992

1. Esoteric Poem 1 (6:10)
2. Esoteric Poem 2 (6:25)
3. Esoteric Poem 3 (11:14)
4. Esoteric Poem (5:30)

- Chris Bianchi d'Espinosa / bass, guitar, vocals
- Alberto Ambrosi / keyboards, flute, vocals

Produced by Peter Wustmann for Music Is Intelligence
World Music Messenger Service WMMS 009

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

ASGARD MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ASGARD Esoteric Poem * Music

Progressive 2006
Dreht Euch SterneDreht Euch Sterne
Ariola Germany 2006
Asgard - In the Realm of (2010) CD Prog Rock (1972) US $17.05 Buy It Now 5h 40m
King of Asgard Fi'mbulvntr 2010 CD Heavy Metal Music Album Brand New US $18.75 Buy It Now 5h 51m
Manowar Thunder in the Sky 2 CD new From the Asgard Saga US $18.49 Buy It Now 10h 14m
LASCWIEC Asgard Mysteries CD black metal new US $3.00 [0 bids]
13h
Blood Red Eagle-Return to Asgard viking rock, skinhead, oi, punk US $8.50 [0 bids]
Asgard - To a Golden Age - New CD Rare OOP Death Metal US $6.16 [4 bids]
ASGARD-ZLOVESTNE CASY-CD-2010-Panda Music-PML CD-007 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIXED UP MINDS PART ONE - TOBY JUGS / DOG ROSE / ASGARD / RICH FEVER ETC. US $18.75 Buy It Now 1 day
BULLDOG BREED - MADE IN ENGLAND 1969 w/MEMBS of GUN T2 ASGARD UK PROG PSYCH CD+2 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
ASGARD-ELEONORA:ODHALENÍ JINOTAJE-2013-cd-Parat-Czech progressive black US $18.66 Buy It Now 2 days
DROOGIES heaven LP SEALED punk 1991 shredder asgard hooligan beat jawbreaker US $19.99 [0 bids]
WHITE SKULL - Asgard CD (RARE EP from 1999) Power Metal from Italy US $99.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Original Video Game Soundtrack - Viking: Battle For Asgard NEW CD US $16.57 Buy It Now 3 days
ASGARD - Eleonora: Odhalení Jinotaje (CD, 2013) Czech Black Metal US $5.35 Buy It Now 3 days
King of Asgard, ...To North Audio CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KING OF ASGARD - FI'MBULVINTR - NEW CD US $6.06 Buy It Now 3 days
ASGARD(CZE)-KLETBA KRALE STACHA-cd-2005-black-Root US $17.09 Buy It Now 4 days
KING OF ASGARD TO NORTH LP Vinyl Album NEW US $39.23 Buy It Now 4 days
ASGARD - The Seal Of Madness CD US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
King Of Asgard - FiMbulvntr CD US $13.28 Buy It Now 5 days
ASGARD - Tradition & Renouveau LP Miniature CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
King of Asgard / Fimbulvintr JAPAN Mithotyn Dawn Falconer Viking Metal A US $39.99 Buy It Now 5 days
King Of Asgard - To North [CD New] US $11.45 Buy It Now 5 days
KING OF ASGARD - TO NORTH * - NEW CD US $8.47 Buy It Now 7 days
King Of Asgard - To North CD METAL BLADE US $16.09 Buy It Now 7 days
NEZHEGOL (Rus) Asgard's Raid TEMNOZOR M8L8TH MOLOT true pressed CD US $11.00 Buy It Now 7 days
ASGARD - TRADITION ET RENOUVEAU FRENCH FOLK PROG LP WARNER BROS LABEL ORIGINAL US $75.00 Buy It Now 8 days
MITHOTYN King of the Distant Forest CD 98 Invasion, Amon Amarth Kings of Asgard US $32.49 Buy It Now 8 days
King Of Asgard - Fi'Mbulvntr (NEW CD) US $17.47 Buy It Now 8 days
King Of Asgard - ...To North (NEW 2 x 12" VINYL LP) US $40.08 Buy It Now 8 days
King Of Asgard - Fi'Mbulvntr [CD New] US $9.04 Buy It Now 9 days
ASGARD:IN THE REALM OF ASGARD/PROG US $11.93 Buy It Now 9 days
GORSE / FRANULIC ASGARD LIVE, CROATIAN ALTER/WORLD MUSIC CD US $21.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Atoll: Tertio Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd magma pulsar asgard pfm Q US $42.75 Buy It Now 9 days
King of Asgard - Fi`mbulvntr - 03984149212 US $18.04 Buy It Now 11 days
ASGARD - Arkana 1992 1pr CD PROG METAL Chandelier MARLILLION Genesis TSUNAMI US $29.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Asgard - On the Verge - CD - Black Metal US $29.95 Buy It Now 11 days
LOST SHADE-RÜCKKEHR AUS ASGARD-cd-2010--viking black US $15.29 Buy It Now 13 days
KING OF ASGARD TO NORTH LP Vinyl Album RECORD NEW US $43.99 Buy It Now 13 days
REINHARD LAKOMY Der Traum von Asgard Electronics AMIGA 856 021 MINT US $30.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Original Video Game Soundtrack - Viking: Battle For Asgard - SE20462 US $16.43 Buy It Now 14 days
ASGARD - Eleonora: Odhalení jinotaje - CD US $5.59 Buy It Now 15 days
King Of Asgard - ...to North NEW LP US $32.17 Buy It Now 15 days
King Of Asgard - To North 2012 [CD New] US $36.72 Buy It Now 15 days
Atoll: Musiciens Empty Promo Box [Japan Mini-LP no cd magma pulsar asgard pfm Q US $47.50 Buy It Now 16 days
King Of Asgard - To North CD METAL BLAD US $36.73 Buy It Now 16 days
ASGARD - THE SEAL OF MADNESS CD US $11.49 Buy It Now 16 days
TYR how far to asgard ORIG 1st PRESS TUTL RECORDS-wintersun,ensiferum,moonsorrow US $44.99 Buy It Now 16 days
ASGARD - IN THE REALM OF ASGARD 72 UK PROG ala FANTASY x BULLDOG BREED REMAST CD US $20.95 Buy It Now 16 days
King of Asgard - Karg (CD New) US $28.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Thrudvangar - Zwischen Asgard & Midgard CD US $16.75 Buy It Now 16 days
CENTHRON - ASGARD (IMPORT) NEW CD US $32.40 Buy It Now 16 days
Magic Is a Child by Nektar (Vinyl, Jan-2014, Cleopatra)away from asgard Prog US $15.99 Buy It Now 16 days
King of Asgard - ...To North - 03984151150 US $24.08 Buy It Now 17 days
Centhron - Asgard [CD New] US $26.32 Buy It Now 17 days
Mithotyn - King Of The Distant Forest - Cassette (Månegarm, King of Asgard, US $55.99 Buy It Now 17 days
King Of Asgard - To North (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.47 Buy It Now 18 days
To North - King Of Asgard New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $41.59 Buy It Now 18 days
King Of Asgard - To North [Vinyl New] US $38.67 Buy It Now 19 days
King Of Asgard - To North Import-UK Vinyl Record LP US $41.31 Buy It Now 19 days
ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK - VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD - NEW CD US $15.62 Buy It Now 19 days
King Of Asgard - Fi'mbulvntr NEW CD US $14.01 Buy It Now 20 days
ASGARD(Cz) - Eleonora: Odhaleni jinotaje / 2013 US $12.00 Buy It Now 22 days
King of Asgard - ...To North (7/31/2012) US $15.99 Buy It Now 22 days
LASCOWIEC (USA) - Asgard Mysteries - GRAVELAND NITBERG FOREST US $5.50 Buy It Now 23 days
ASGARD chamane CD ORG KALY 1998 french death metal (BUY 4 CD- GET 5!!) US $12.00 Buy It Now 23 days
Fi'mbulvintr by King of Asgard (CD, Aug-2010, Metal Blade) US $6.09 Buy It Now 23 days
ASGARD L'Hirondelle LP 1976 Warner Bros Records Canada FRENCH QUEBEC VINYL VG+ US $31.45 Buy It Now 23 days
KING OF ASGARD - TO NORTH NEW VINYL US $50.16 Buy It Now 24 days
CENTHRON-ASGARD (GER) CD NEW US $26.33 Buy It Now 24 days
King Of Asgard - ...To North (NEW CD) US $21.74 Buy It Now 25 days
DJ Contact - U & Me - Asgard - 2004 #147312 US $5.10 Buy It Now 25 days
Prestige - Romantic Cosmos - Asgard - 2004 #131406 US $6.81 Buy It Now 25 days
Asgard - Tradition & Renouveau..Korean Mini Lp CD..'78 French prog folk..OOP US $14.99 Buy It Now 26 days
Magellan Project - Dive Theme - Asgard - 2004 #129344 US $6.81 Buy It Now 26 days
King of Asgard - Karg CD ALBUM NEW/ MINT US $19.78 Buy It Now 27 days
King Of Asgard - Karg [CD New] US $12.73 Buy It Now 28 days
Karg - King Of Asgard US $10.84 Buy It Now 29 days
KING OF ASGARD-KARG CD NEW US $14.90 Buy It Now 29 days
Asgard - Eleonora-Odhaleni jinotaje CD US $15.35 Buy It Now 29 days
NEW Asgard by CD-JEWEL CASE Book Free Shipping US $30.21 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ASGARD music online Buy ASGARD & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ASGARD DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ASGARD Esoteric Poem * ratings distribution

ASGARD Esoteric Poem * reviews

Review by loserboy
5 stars In '92 ASGARD released what I would consider to be the most captivating musical poems of all time... "Esoteric Poem" has been one of the most treasured gems in my music collection for a while and for good reason. "Esoteric Poem" moves just like a poem in nature and unveils its beauty line after line, offering a wide variety of mood and atmospheres. "Esoteric Poem" runs through as 1 complete 35 min song with many varied instrumental and lyrical passages. ASGARD were at their height of their creative carrer here and the album is given lots of space to explore... from fireside sounds to church hymns. Along the way we are treated to some real solid progressive rock full of classical guitar, keyboards and the operatic vocal accents of Kikko Grosso. ASGARD are one of my alltime favorite prog bands and this short little tune is a real keeper and should appeal to all good music lovers out there....

Send comments to loserboy (BETA) | Report this review (#1117) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, March 15, 2004

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
2 stars As I discovered Asgard through this album , I actually listened intensely to this stuff for a few weeks back then , but those times were crossing the Sahara from east to west(much longer). This album got me to believe that Fish and the boys were back and hiding in Italy incognito. This will appeal to Marillion fans and many neo-proghead although nowadays it seems quite irrelevant. Ok , give it another half star.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#1118) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 14, 2004

Review by progaeopteryx
3 stars Esoteric Poem is a disc-long, five part song timing in at over 36 minutes long. It's basically a long, rambling poem based upon Norse mythology concerning runes, warriors, despair, war, idols, and a host of other subjects. Maybe for fans of this kind of subject this might be interesting, but I was about to give it up in several spots on this work. If my pile of dirty clothes in the hamper spouted this stuff for 36 minutes, I'd seriously consider washing them until they stopped talking.

Musically, this disc is a different story. It's about above-average for a neo prog band, showing strong influences from Genesis and early Marillion. Indeed, Francesco Grosso does a decent imitation of Fish. Occasionally the music will reach a couple areas of boredom with long periods of ambient keys just holding notes and floating around for awhile. There are a few technical recording problems in places, but not serious enough to distract. Overall, the music is good, but nothing to make you want to celebrate with a bowl of Cheerios.

Overall, this could've been an interesting concept, but the poem is just way too overdone. I think it would've been more suitable to shorten the concept and leave room for more interesting songs on other subjects, or at least had more energy in the music. The other album I have from Asgard is Imago Mundi and I would recommend first-time buyers to start with that one as it is much better than Esoteric Poem. Three stars for a good, but not essential work.

Send comments to progaeopteryx (BETA) | Report this review (#64079) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars I like good songs about nature. But it's mostly folk, which, although good style, is different from prog in many ways. I don't want to blame folk here, because I also listen it from time to time, but prog is more, well, progressive. So, to move on, when I heard The Dear Hunter and their nature themed songs, I was pleased. Now I hear something tagged as Neo-prog, but this records has a lot from prog folk inside. The spirit, this nature theme. But in overall it's neo I suppose.

Lyrics are very poetic, music interestingly mysterious. Don't expect death metal guys, this is nature's celebration with everything softer Neo-prog can offer. Muted synthetizers, nothing as strong as on (for example) first Marillion record. Strange how this album came in my mind with second track. 3:25 to be precise.

And yet another feeling of today's 5-star mood came in my mind. There should be something which would be preventing me from giving the highest rating. Every time I'm gave 55555, I feel little bit ashamed (only a very little bit, almost unmeasureable) and feel also need to explain my decision (this, in contrary, is strong).

This album flows extremely easily. But the rest, tracks 3 and more ambient, quiet and not so rock at all. Well, four stars will be just fine for it. Exactly four by my opinion.

Send comments to Marty McFly (BETA) | Report this review (#231144) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Review by progrules
2 stars The only other work I own by this band is their supposed magnum opus "Arkana" but even that album didn't really thrill me in many ways. Just the compositions impressed me slightly. In the end I rewarded it with 3 stars. With this obscure second album Esoteric Poem it's an even harder task for me to get ethusiastic.

This short album is performed in the same gloomy, dark style as the more famous follow-up but the interesting large compositions are lacking here. The only track that does it for me is the shortest part IV and then only the rocky second half of it. The rest is uninspiring and makes me do what I already wanted to do with Arkana but couldn't do there because it simply would have been unfair but with this poem I have no problem giving it two stars only. Just for fans ....

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#281744) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 13, 2010

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
2 stars Having already entered their most busy period,Asgard did a lot of gigs but still found time to write some new material.Their next work was intended to be an EP before the second full- length release of the band,but ended up to be a 37-min. epic composition divided in 5 tracks.This was called ''Esoteric poem'',released in 1992 again on the German label Music Is Intelligence.

The title says it all.This is for most of its part a very long poem and only at moments a Progressive Rock epic.The first part is a long lyrical introduction with only hypnotic background guitars supporting Grosso's voice,by the second part Asgard remind of the band,which recorded the excellent ''Gotterdammerung''.Sensitive guitar work, dreamy synthesizers, romantic harpsichord and Grosso as a Fish clone,delivering an excellent performance.For the third and longest part Asgard return to the opening style,poetic lyrics surrounded by low backgound keys and guitars and only a MARILLION-esque middle-part close to the likes of ''Misplaced childhood'' remind that this is music and not poetry.The same story with ''Esoteric Poem 4'',which starts off again as a poem (music is totally absent),but after the middle the band offers some nice Theatrical Prog with guitar solos,keyboards and vocals to the front and, at last, some rockin' edge.The last part flows into the lighter side of Symphonic Rock with again plenty of vocals,low-tempo guitars and delightful keyboards,lacking although in terms of energy and passion.

What is really succesful about this EP is definitely the choice of its title.A trully esoteric poem by the band,heading to fans of atmospheric music and with only a few sunbeams of the band's style on the masterful debut.''Esoteric poem'' is propably created straight out of the members' souls,heavily leaning towards the lyrical side of prog,still one can indicate Asgard's creativity and pure talent...2.5 stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#586579) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 11, 2011

3 stars OK....... I will try not to joke too much here although I feel a long witty rant is just coming up. But frankly; this Italian band sounds and feels like the Fish fronted Marillion. The vocals, the sound..... most things here = Fish & Marillion. To this mix, add the band that Marillion once based ... (read more)

Report this review (#487853) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Thursday, July 21, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. A stunning work that just has everything: great lyrics, great playing, great melodies and themes. It flows very well from beginning to end. I am confused about the other reviewers comparing Grosso to Fish. They sound completely di ... (read more)

Report this review (#64244) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 11, 2006 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ASGARD "Esoteric Poem *"