SLEEP WITH THE FISHES

Vulgar Unicorn

Vulgar Unicorn Sleep With The Fishes  album cover

Buy VULGAR UNICORN Music
Studio Album, released in 1996

1. Food For Thought (18:17)
2. Sieving The Day's Events (17:25)
3. The Stitch (15:56)
4. Unnatural Animation (20:45)

Search VULGAR UNICORN Sleep With The Fishes lyrics

Search VULGAR UNICORN Sleep With The Fishes tabs

- Neil Randall / everything
- Bruce Soord / also everything

CD CYCLOPS CYCL040

and to Grendelbox for the last updates

VULGAR UNICORN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VULGAR UNICORN Sleep With The Fishes Music

Cyclops Records 1995
Audio CD$49.99 (used)
Sleep With FishesSleep With Fishes
Cyclops Records 1996

More places to buy VULGAR UNICORN music online Buy VULGAR UNICORN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VULGAR UNICORN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VULGAR UNICORN Sleep With The Fishes ratings distribution

VULGAR UNICORN Sleep With The Fishes reviews

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
1 stars This is the most aimless music ever written - and the tackiest of cover art - possibly up for the RNR Hall Of Fame as ugliest artwork sleeve. Look elsewhere or better yet convert to rap music. Prog music never got this bad.

Actually the guitarist is a very courageous man, but he is not helped by the KB man to busy doing the left handed KB based bass guitar. I suppose there is a concept in this album , but I never got the patience to find out what it was , but from the album title, it must've been a scorcher.

I gave it to my neighbor's stupid dog, but even it did not want it as he brought it back to me, thinking probably it was a frisbee. So , I used it as a clay pigeon target. Where has that Zero star rating gone??!

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#7648) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Review by tszirmay
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars Well my dog brought me this "frisbee" and I realized that I can now cross swords again with my esteemed colleague Sean Trane, since we seem to be at polar opposites in terms of taste and courtesy, as he is our own Lester Bangs! We do occasionaly agree (Magma, par exemple) but Dear Hugues, "en garde!", my foil is sharp . For those who falsely claim that prog is an old-fashioned modern rehash, take a moment to give this cutting edge new prog offering a listen. Previous debut album and "Jet Set Radio" are also fine modern musical essays , let us throw in the critical success of VU offshoot , Pineaprle Thief. So these two accomplished musicians are no slouches, consistently delivering sonic experimentation kept gritty by the repeated muscular guitar and spiced up with some whimsical moments best expressed by the vocal work that combines song and narration. Though not at the same majestic level as Porcupine Tree, this is a winnng formula where modern beats joust with a near techno-trance coating, a slew of interactive instruments such as oboe, clarinet, sax & flute wrestle with the previously mentioned mean guitar (in tone very U2 "Edgy" )and the whistling synth stylings. Lots of swinging moods, meandering melodies,reptilian bass and odd-ball lyrics cook up quite a storm. This is the future, boys and girls, so please do not nose-dive like a train (Sean Trane) into instant dismissal, to each is own, taste is not debatable, Give this a fair shake as it is rather good . 4.5 sleepy aquariums

Send comments to tszirmay (BETA) | Report this review (#118231) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, April 12, 2007

Review by b_olariu
3 stars Vulgar Unicorn is one of the most intristing bands I've heared lately. They coming from UK and release so far 5 albums, this one the second named Sleep with the fishes from 1996 is among their most acompliced releases, even is very low rated here. Their music is very strange but in same time very intristing, crossing from prog (most from neo zone) to funky beats , jazz moments, piano segments and above all sometimes I have the feeling I'm listening to some club band, but they melted so fine these influences that in the end sound pretty choerent release. The musicians know to handle the instruments, but as other reviewer said earlier their music is aimless, to to much variety in the arrangements. The pieces are long with lots of tempo changes, mood of all kinds interluded with good vocal parts, all instruments did a good job here so I will give 3 stars for this one. Nothing really great or excellent even some moments are truly great. Food For Thought is the best they offer here, at least for me.

Send comments to b_olariu (BETA) | Report this review (#297478) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 05, 2010

4 stars Don't be fooled by the timings on this cd. Each 'epic' is actually made up of four shorter tracks, which have practically no musical connection to each other. Also, there is a most annoying habit of including many snippets of dialogue, which detracts from the music, (although Star Trek fans may ... (read more)

Report this review (#169188) | Posted by dmwilkie | Wednesday, April 30, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of VULGAR UNICORN "Sleep With The Fishes "