VOICES

3. Party Piece (5:34)
4. Still (7:02)
5. Septic (6:24)
6. Faith (6:08)
7. Second Thoughts (6:20)
8. After (4:52)
9. Curtain Call (8:12)
10. Forget Me Now (9:02)
11. Ghosts (8:28)

- Thomas "T" Thielen / vocals, all instruments (synthesizers, piano, electric and acoustic guitars, synth-bass, samplers, sequencers, drum-machine), producer

With:
- Katia Tangian / arrangements help

Note: The actual instrumentation could not be confirmed at this moment

Artwork: Marco Scheiper with Katia Tangian (photo)

CD Galileo Records ‎- GR010 (2006, Switzerland)

Thanks to eugene for the addition
and to Quinino for the last updates

Buy T Voices Music

VOICE FARM- s/t RARE 1987 ORIGINAL RALPH RECORDS rr87551 SYNTH POP-WAVE MINT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 22m
New: Pima Express, Young Bird, Judy T: Voices Across the Canyon, Volume Five: A USD $15.48 Buy It Now 4h 54m
BYRD MASS FOR FOUR VOICES ST JOHNS COLLEGE CHOIR cassette tape album T4811 USD $5.01 Buy It Now 5h 18m
New Voices Of Freedom ?- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For DOC d-412 USD $7.95 Buy It Now 5h 29m
CLIFF RICHARD A Voice In The Wilderness/Don't Be Mad At Me UK 7" EX Cond USD $2.51 Buy It Now 7h 31m
REV. STANLEY KEEBLE & VOICES OF TRIUMPH: Can't You Love Him / It's In My Heart USD $35.00 Buy It Now 8h 40m
WILL RODGERS-Voice of...I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like*FACTORY SEALED DG-LP USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 58m
Voice Broadcast 20 track 2006 cd NEW! Red Cloud/Coleon/Wes Quave/Epic/Fros-T/CHC USD $7.00 Buy It Now 11h 50m
4 Errol Garner Vinyl Record LP Lot - VG+ S/T OTHER VOICES CONCERT BY THE SEA USD $0.99 [0 bids]
33T Luis MARIANO Disk LP 12" 3 OPERETTAS FAMOUS -voice MASTER 40105 F Reduced USD $7.79 Buy It Now 13h 54m
GLORIA LASSO Vinyl 45T 7" EP THE PARTY TO HATS - LE TORRENT -voice MASTER 372 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 13h 54m
LUCIEN LUPI Vinyl 45T 7" EP MOBY DICK + Film OKLAHOMA - OLD MAN RIVER -voice 247 USD $5.64 Buy It Now 13h 54m
Voice Of The Beehive - "Don't Call Me Baby" 7" Rare Picture Disc USD $12.55 Buy It Now 15h 53m
Sunsets & City Lights (feat. Lucan tha Radikal & T.J. the Voice) GummiiBear CD USD $23.89 Buy It Now 18h
Tim McGraw Southern Voice 2010 Live Australian USA Tour T Shirt White S NWOT New USD $14.31 Buy It Now 22h 37m
Voices In Love, ,Very Good, vinyl with cover art- VG/VG-aged collectible with t USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice Of The Beehive - Don't Call Me Baby 12" - UK-lONX 175 - Ex USD $8.78 Buy It Now 1 day
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE 'DON'T CALL ME BABY' UK 12" SINGLE USD $8.78 Buy It Now 1 day
The George Shearing Quintet With Voices ?- Night Mist LP - T 317 - VG USD $8.78 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice Of The Beehive 10" record Don't Call Me Baby - Poste... UK USD $13.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Supersax & L.A. Voices . Embraceable You / Don't Blame Me . 1983 Columbia LP USD $13.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice Of The Beehive Don't Call Me Baby UK 12" vinyl single record (Maxi) USD $14.37 Buy It Now 1 day
GUIDED BY VOICES King Sh*t & The Golden Boys LP SEALED reissue w/download GBV USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CLIFF RICHARD A Voice In The Wilderness/Don't Be Mad At Me UK 7" VG+ Cond USD $2.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Philip T Myers La Voix The Voice(CD) USD $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Philip T Myers La Voix The Voice(CD) USD $11.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Voice of the Seven T - Voice of the Seven Thunders [New Vinyl LP] USD $17.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Living Voices / Living Guitars: I Don't Hurt Anymore 8 Track Tape * USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Ayres for 4 Voices Dowland, Dowland Golden Age Singers Julia,Excellent, (NM-) T USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
I Can't Stop Loving You-Ray Charles / 1962 / His Master's Voice Pop 1034. USD $1.24 [0 bids]
The Voice of Will Rogers "I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like" Am. Heritage P11794 USD $14.79 Buy It Now 1 day
@ CD THE VOICES - S/T / MCA RECORDS 1989 ORG / MELODIC AOR USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
One Voice-Don`t You Want To Go CD NEW USD $13.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MIKE BERRY - DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TIME - 7" VINYL 1962 HIS MASTERS VOICE RECORDS USD $4.38 Buy It Now 2 days
Unknown Artist : Velvet Voices: Great Harmony Groups of t CD USD $3.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DAD PUNCHERS These Times Weren't Made For You 7" clear vinyl punk Secret Voice USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Lanza; Callas; Distefano; T...-V 1: Great Voices CD NEW USD $13.87 Buy It Now 2 days
GRACE KENNEDY ONE VOICE PAPER LABELS cassette tape album T5246 USD $10.04 Buy It Now 2 days
CD GOSPEL HIP HOP GOSPEL NEW 9 DIFFERENT CD'S --- BUY 3 GET ONE FREE USD $0.99 Buy It Now 2 days
s/t W.C. FIELDS-ORIGINAL VOICE TRACKS WITH POSTER NM/NM VINYL RECORD ALBUM LP USD $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Miss Helen Forrest "Voice of the Name Bands" 12" LP Capital Records T704 USD $14.39 Buy It Now 2 days
Can't Help Singing: Legendary Voices In Immortal Performances~3 Disc set~2008 GB USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Gilbert BECAUD 45T 7" EP THE RIVER - THE BELLS - THE VOICE SOUND MASTER 1001 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 2 days
ADAMO Vinyl 45T EP J'AIME -songs WASHERS -as TOUJOURS -voice MASTER 858 USD $5.64 Buy It Now 2 days
Elvis Presley ?- Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel - His Master's Voice ?- 45-POP 249 USD $37.62 [0 bids]
James Lee & the Voices of T...-Lord You Are My King (CD-RP) CD NEW USD $12.32 Buy It Now 2 days
33T Jacques CAHAN Orchestre Vinyl LP 12" TANGOS YESTERDAY -voice MASTER 31011 USD $5.45 Buy It Now 2 days
GLASGOW ORPHEUS CHOIR S/T Vol 2 10" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 9 Track Mono 10 USD $6.27 Buy It Now 2 days
Archers of loaf t-shirt -All sizes in stock- guided by voices dinosaur jr USD $13.80 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 12" VINYL UK London 1988 3 Track USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown USD $2.62 Buy It Now 3 days
RONNIE HILTON Don't Let The Rain Come Down 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1964 USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVE VOICE Why Don't You Call Me 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1981 B/W Downtown (Rbus59) USD $1.32 Buy It Now 3 days
BHAKTI RAS GEETO S/T LP VINYL India His Masters Voice 1977 10 Track (Eclp2778) USD $11.17 Buy It Now 3 days
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1958 12 Track Mono In A USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
HOLLYWOOD BRASS S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 12 Track Mono Old USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
WHITE HORSE INN S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 12 Track Mono In A Flipback USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
CSD1316 ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 13 USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
HOMAGE TO T.S. ELLIOT Memorial Record Of... LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1965 USD $26.99 Buy It Now 3 days
FOLLOW THAT GIRL S/T LP VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 17 Track Mono In A USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
CHARLIE PARKER BIG BAND S/T 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1960 4 Track Mono EP USD $9.85 Buy It Now 3 days
ALISHA S/T CD India His Masters Voice 1998 9 Track (Cd1262) USD $19.08 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF THE SEVEN THUNDERS S/T CD UK Tchantinler 2010 10 Track CD In Digipak USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
PAUL JONES High Time 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 B/w I Can't /GOOD USD $2.62 Buy It Now 3 days
PAUL JONES High Time 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1966 B/w I Can't /EX USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
STEVE VOICE I Can't Get Over You 7" VINYL UK Red Bus 1982 B/W Oh Yeah (Rbus70) USD $3.94 Buy It Now 3 days
MIKE BERRY Don't You Think It's Time 7" VINYL UK His Masters Voice 1962 Four USD $6.27 Buy It Now 3 days
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE Don't Call Me Baby 7" VINYL UK London 1988 B/W Jump This USD $5.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Voice Of The Beehive - Don't Call Me Baby (Vinyl) USD $15.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Cure: Boy's Don't Cry. (New Voice - Club Mix) + 2. '86 Fiction FICS X 24. 12" USD $22.61 Buy It Now 3 days
Guided By Voices - We Won't Apologize / Fats Domino 7" Robert Pollard GBV Vinyl USD $5.00 [1 bids]
Can't Help Singing: Legendary Voices In Immortal Performances by Various Artists USD $12.00 Buy It Now 3 days
HELEN FORREST voice of the name bands CAPITOL T 704 orig 1956 1st press NM USD $9.99 [0 bids]
Stan Kenton,Cap. T 2132,"Artistry In Voices And Brass"US,LP,mono,In Shrink,MINT USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Harry Owens & His Royal Hawaiians Voice Of The Trade Winds LP EX Capitol T-333 USD $19.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ELVIS PRESLEY 78 RPM BABY I DON'T CARE / DON'T LEAVE ME NOW RARE ELECTRO-VOICE USD $332.83 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry Manilow One Voice LP Sealed Ships I Don't Want To Walk Without You USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Organisation Toth The Voice of T.ERR.O.R French Anthanor #350 RED vinyl 10 2000 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Sacha DISTEL Vinyl 45T 7" SP F I FI C'EST FINISHED -ALBUM AMOUR -voice MASTER USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Gloria LASSO F. POURCEL Vinyl 45T 7" EP DOLORES -MANDOLINO -voice SON MASTER 166 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
ADAMO Vinyl 45T THE BEAUTIFUL DAMES JAMAIS TALK D'AMOUR -voice MASTER 00623168 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 3 days
CLIFF RICHARD "A VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS/Don't..." ABC PARAMOUNT 10093 (1960) 45 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 3 days
SUN CAGED S/T CD ~SEALED~ Progressive Metal: VANDEN PLAS, LEMUR VOICE, ARJEN L.. USD $8.61 Buy It Now 3 days
HISTORY SPEAKS Gotham Records P T Barnum Edison Roosevelt voices Vinyl LP EX+ USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
James Lee & the Voices of T...-Lord You Are My King (CD-RP) CD NEW USD $11.79 Buy It Now 3 days
LONDON WELSH MALE VOICE CHOIR SONGS OF THE VALLEYS cassette tape album T5095 USD $3.76 Buy It Now 3 days
SAINT-PREUX Vinyl 45T SP 7" CONCERTO FOR A VOICE - VARIATIONS - DISC AZ 140 USD $5.68 Buy It Now 3 days
Barry Manilow - One Voice inc I Don't Want To Walk Without You + SPART 1106 LP USD $6.28 Buy It Now 3 days
Trondheim Jazz Orchestra/kim M - In the End His Voice Will Be T - CD - New USD $15.91 Buy It Now 4 days
The Voice of Will Rogers ,I Never Met a Man I Didn't Like, 1973 Sealed LP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Country Unplayed 45 From The Keith Whitley Tribute Album - A Voice Still Rings T USD $3.00 Buy It Now 4 days
1966 Rock 45 THE TOYS Can't Get Enough Of You Baby/ Silver Spoon DYNO VOICE USD $15.00 Buy It Now 4 days
ALFRED APAKA THE GOLDEN VOICE OF THE ISLANDS CAPITOL RECORDS T 1882 EX/NM USD $1.99 Buy It Now 4 days
VON SPAR s/t xaxapoya , dead voices in the temple of error Lp Vinyl Record USD $14.95 Buy It Now 4 days
NME 1991 JULY 13 ICE-T SEPULTURA JAM MONDAYS DIVINYLS VOICE OF THE BEEHIVE LFO USD $11.29 Buy It Now 4 days
Why Don't You Call Me 7 : Steve Voice USD $8.16 Buy It Now 4 days
GILBERT BECAUD Vinyl 45T 7" EP THE PIANIST IN WARSAW - BULLFIGHT -voice M 315 USD $5.64 Buy It Now 4 days
TIME BANDITS 45T Vinyl SP 7" LISTEN TO THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE - CBS 3161 USD $3.95 Buy It Now 4 days
Don't Call Me Baby - Limite... Voice Of The Beehive 7" record UK USD $16.26 Buy It Now 4 days
Don't Call Me Baby Voice Of The Beehive UK 7" vinyl picture disc single USD $13.75 Buy It Now 4 days

More places to buy T music online Buy T & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

T Voices ratings distribution

T Voices reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars T is a new name (a letter? ;) ) in Modern Prog field. He sings in Steve Hogarth's way, arranges his tracks almost like Peter Gabriel (but without these oriental tricks) and the result is pretty refreshing. The album varies from introvertive pieces ("August in Me") to almost GENESIS-like patterns (instrumental "Septic"). The whole concept story (72 minutes long) won't make you feel bored, as it's filled with diverse moods (with Darkness dominating) and shiftings of tempo and rhythm. Enjoyable and hardly-believable that he did it all on his own. Clappies toThomas, very good and enjoyable melancholic Dark Modern Prog in GAZPACHO/ PORCUPINE TREE/ LIKE WENDY vein
Review by progrules
4 stars T is a sole artist who's actually tough-to-pigeon-hole. Sure, there are reasons to categorize him under neoprog and it's mentioned he sounds like Gazpacho or Marillion but somehow I can't shake off the feeling he also sounds a lot like Dredg and then I'm talking about their El Cielo release. I believe this man's music comes closer to those American modern proggers than to neoprog.

I have to admit I had to get used to this album for some time but also that was because of the expectations. So I had to make some sort of switch in the mind to be able to give a fair judgement (and there we see another example of the importance and significance of our subgenres). Because this is actually a very interesting album, at least very original.

And also quite beautiful at times like in the second song, August in Me, with some lovely piano play. Followed by some great guitar in Party Piece, a song totally different from the first two tracks. Just the opener was slightly off putting to me because of the ugly vocals in the very beginning. But Thomas Thielen isn't really a poor vocalist at all just one with a special style, the part in the first song was a bit too much in the sense of peculiarity. And another thing that has to be said is that Thomas Thielen is not only a multi instrumentalist but also a very skilled one. What to say about his performance in the 5th track for instance where he plays acoustic guitar in a tremendous way. This is by far the best track by the way though the rest is very worth while as well (10th track !).

So in conclusion I would say: if you are looking for straightforward neoprog you can leave this one in the store but if you want prog in an original and more special way you should certainly give this one by T a try. Initially I wanted to give this 3 stars but it's still growing on me I notice and I think I will regret that move. I do believe this whole effort deserves four stars.

Review by kev rowland
4 stars For 'T' read Thomas Thielen, and he is the former Scythe guitarist who released his debut solo album "Na´ve" back in 2001. He has now returned with his second, where he plays all of the instruments himself as well as all of the vocals. This doesn't sound like a solo album, but much more like a group work, and one soon quickly moves away from the feel that this is the work of just one man to confronting the bleakness and darkness of this album. He is bringing in musical themes and influences such as modern Marillion, IQ, Radiohead, Peter Gabriel and Geoff Mann but this is a really depressing album, honest it is. That isn't to say that there is no levity within it but this is certainly not something to play when you feel that the world is about to end.

The photos on the front and rear of the booklet add to the feeling that here is a Roger Waters look at life, tempered by Tom Watts (although the vocals are much better), and that T has been to a dark place and now he wants us to visit with him. As to whether I have enjoyed listening to this then that is a really hard thing to say. I am glad that I have heard it, and there are times when I feel that it will be just the tight thing to listen to, but for general listening pleasure then I normally move to something a little more light hearted. This isn't one for those who enjoy their prog at the lighter end of the scale, but if you want to investigate someone looking at the more bleak side of life then this is very well constructed and performed. Available through the web site at www.galileo-records.com

Review by apps79
3 stars I am pretty sure that even Thomas Thielen himself did not expect the positive reviews his debut would earn.''Naive'' was warmly received by the music press, making Thielen start working on a follow-up album.He had just moved to Hannover after the release of his debut and worked for four years on what was to become the ''Voices'' album.Galileo Records supported his talent be releasing again this sophomore effort in 2006.

His composing skills and very irritating vocals will again suprise the listener.With elements from contemporary Neo Prog and nods to modern Psychedelic/Heavy Prog as well as recent music technologies, ''Voices'' is another beautiful trip into the music world of Thomas Thielen.With one eye glancing the spacey side of PINK FLOYD and the atmospheric moments of PORCUPINE TREE and the other one being on par with the sensitive, melodious but also demanding style of, let's say, LIKE WENDY, Hogarth-era MARILLION or COSMOGRAF, ''Voices'' kicks off through minimalistic and lyrical soundscapes with good use of Electronics and samplers and ends up in furious, proggy journeys with rich instrumental passages, led by strong guitar moves and excellent keyboard parts.The clever use of organs and Mellotron through more contemporary sounding forms make this album even more charming.An excellent work has been done in the drum and bass programming, without obvious vibes of their digital nature, while the rest of the instruments are played by Thielen.Plenty of the vocal material reminds of works such as ''Brave'' or ''Marbles'' by MARILLION, having an emphasis towards atmospheric textures with very warm singing and distorted sounds.The dedicated Prog fan should not be dissapointed either.Nice instrumental moves with heavy guitar runs, bombastic grooves and a fair amount of breaks follow the aforementioned calmer movements, containing some great piano interludes, symphonic and orchestral arrangements and Neo Prog aesthetics with a few lovely melodies.The combination works really good in a long album, that flows easily due to its well-crafted compositions.

Once more, Scythe seem to have forced Thielen's music abilities in limited values.His unique talent finally is revealed with every release and ''Voices'' will leave every fan of contemporary Progressive Rock really satisfied.Strongly recommended...3.5 stars.

Post a review of T "Voices"