35007 / INTO THE VOID WE TRAVELLED

Buy 35007 Music
Studio Album, released in 1997

1. Herd (5:44)
2. Soul Machine (4:00)
3. Short Sharp Left (5:27)
4. Undo (7:35)
5. Big Bore (4:19)
6. Vein (4:51)
7. 66 (5:15)
8. Powertruth (6:14)
9. Locker / Zero 21 (15:52)

Total time 59:23

Search 35007 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled lyrics

Search 35007 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled tabs

- Bertus Fridael / guitar
- Mark Sponselee / guitar, synths
- Eeuwout Baart / vocals
- Jacco Van Rooy / drums

Thanks to chamberry for the addition

35007 MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy 35007 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Phase 5Phase 5
Stickman 2005
Especially for YouEspecially for You
Stickman 2003

More places to buy 35007 music online Buy 35007 & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for 35007 DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

35007 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled ratings distribution

35007 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled reviews

Review by octopus-4
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team
4 stars The second album of the Dutch 35007 doesn't have the garage sound of the debut. It's clear since the first track "Herd" that there has already been a big improvement. The guitars are heavy, but the repetitive base and the vocals not in foreground are very close to the Krautrock style. The guitar riffs that come and go during the song are quite acid, reminders of the early 70s or even late 60s but with a heavy sound.

"Soul Machine" opens very hard with a distorted guitar. What makes it different from a heavy metal song is the voice. The singing is hallucinated, sometimes screamed. I suspect that if it was released ten years after it would have been growled. A hard rock song, mainly.

"Short Sharp Left" is opened by about 40 seconds of spacey sounds, then a clean guitar that seems played by Bryan Josh endlessly repeats a folky tune on which the voice sings distorted. It's a hypnotic song.

"Undo" is full of energy. The distorted voice and the heavy sounds make me think to Senmuth, but in a psychedelic vest. To be honest finding another known artist to compare them to is not easy as this band has a characteristic sound.

"Big Bore" is a heavy metal song, instead. Again I can't think to any comparable band. Everything but boring, this song is full of energy.

"Vein" begins with acoustic guitar and spacey keyboard. This song is a mixture of Kayo Dot and Opeth, but again I can't find the right words to describe it. Very artsy with some oriental elements. My favourite on this album, different from all the other songs. No distorted guitars on this one.

"66" returns to the sounds of the previous tracks, with a repetitive theme and distorted voice. The organ adds a touch of early pychedelia. Heavy and dark.

"Powertruth" is a crescendo until it reaches its hard-rock heights. Powerful, effectively.

The closer "Locker" is unusual on this album but it's a predecessor of the ambient instrumentals of the follwoing album "Liquid". it's 10 minutes long, then after one minute of silence there's a ghost track. A thing I can't stand with in general. It's a chaotic and noisy piece between Ozric Tentacles and Kayo Dot.

This is a good album on which all the tracks are at the same good level. I'm probably a bit generous, but I think that this album can have 4 stars, both for prog and for rock, even if I have rated Liquid the same and I like that one a bit more.

Send comments to octopus-4 (BETA) | Report this review (#400999) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 15, 2011

4 stars A great solid Space Rock Album. HEAVY PSYCHEDELIC This One maybe is the most accessible Album by 35007. Like the Debut it features powerfull riffing, impulsive rythms, raw (in good meaning) voice and spacey synth work. But it is more structured and not as overloaded as that first CD. This makes ... (read more)

Report this review (#205561) | Posted by Rapataz | Friday, March 06, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of 35007 " 35007 / Into the Void we Travelled"