TWELVE INCHES ON TAPE

Yes Twelve Inches on Tape album cover

Buy YES Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 1984

Side A:
1. Leave It (Remix) (3:52)
2. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (Red And Blue Mix) (7:50)

Side B:
1. Leave It (Hello, Goodbye Mix) (9:30)
2. Owner Of A Lonely Heart (4:27)

Search YES Twelve Inches on Tape lyrics

Search YES Twelve Inches on Tape tabs

- Jon Anderson / vocals
- Chris Squire / bass,vocals
- Trevor Rabin / guitars, keyboards, vocals
- Alan White / drums, percussion, vocals
- Tony Kaye / keyboards

Cassette (U.S.): ATCO 90156-4-A/AR.
Cassette (U.K.): ATCO B9787C.

Thanks to Guillermo for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Twelve Inches on Tape Music

12 Inches on Tape12 Inches on Tape
Wea Corp
Audio Cassette$4.98 (used)

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Twelve Inches on Tape ratings distribution

YES Twelve Inches on Tape reviews

Review by Guillermo
2 stars "YES goes to the Disco!".

I listened to this cassette in 1985. It was lent to me by a friend.

This kind of products with "remixes" and "extended versions" of songs also released as singles were not new in the eighties. I remember that in the late seventies, with the Disco Music fad, these products were very popular among the fans of Disco Music, which was a musical fad specially designed to be danced in Discotheques around the world.

I read in "Pete Frame`s Complete Rock Family Trees" book (1993), in his Family Tree for Asia, that Geoffrey Downes and Trevor Horn, while playing in Tina Charles Band for a time (she being a Disco singer!), and before and during their time as members of The Buggles, they really were Disco Music producers who recorded singles with unknown singers and released them under several bands` or singers ` names. So, for me, in 1985, it was a bit strange to find that YES released this cassette, but years later, after reading the history of Downes and Horn, it wasn`t so strange after all! So, Trevor Horn, being the producer of YES`"90125" album, also produced these special "remixes" of YES ` material to be played and danced in Discos around the world. I think that the record label, having these hit singles from YES, also wanted the "Disco treatement" for them.

Apart from having the album version of "Owner of a Lonely Heart", this cassette has "remixes" / "extended versions" of this song and "Leave It". All I can remember from these versions are the danceable arrangements and added sound effects. I was a bit disappointed in 1985 to listen to YES `music done that way, but...anyway, it was the eighties then, and several Prog bands produced more commercial music to survive, being adviced by their record labels and managers.

I remember that in the end credits of the "9012LIVE" VHS concert video there is a version of "Leave It" done with drum machines in the "extended version" / "remix" style. I think that this version of "Leave It" was also released in this cassette, but now I can`t say if it`s true.

For collectors only and for big fans of YES`music from their "90125" and "Big Generator" albums.

Send comments to Guillermo (BETA) | Report this review (#110903) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, February 06, 2007

4 stars Wow, looks like this is a fairly rare collector's item. What a good find for a quarter! These are the two big ones (I would think) from the 90125 album which doesn't seem particularly popular. I never felt too crazy about it, but I always loved these two songs here, This is cheesy stuff here, b ... (read more)

Report this review (#456555) | Posted by N-sz | Friday, June 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Twelve Inches on Tape"