EDGE OF DARKNESS

RIO/Avant-Prog

Robin Taylor Edge of Darkness album cover

Buy ROBIN TAYLOR Music
Studio Album, released in 2000

1. At Least One Beautiful Note (2:12)
2. Nightmare Paint Mk X (5:18)
3. Likewise (6:35)
4. Painters In the Night (3:04)
5. The Cellar (7:48)
6. Even Darker (6:51)
7. Now What? (0:49)
8. Question Mark (2:17)
9. Twilight (7:31)
10. Nightmare Paint Mk Y (5:20)
11. Edge of Darkness & Nightscape (17:02):
a) Edge of Darkness 11:11
b) Nightscape 5:51

Search ROBIN TAYLOR Edge of Darkness lyrics

Search ROBIN TAYLOR Edge of Darkness tabs

- Robin Taylor / processed guitars & basses, electronics, glockenspiel, percussion, taping, etc incl organ - on 5
- Karsten Vogel / saxophone
- Hugh Steinmetz / trumpet
- Peter Bruun / drums & percussion
With:
- Carsten Dahl / grand piano (on 8 & 11)
- Jan Fischer / farfisa organ, harmonica, percussion (on 11)

MOBCD 005

Thanks to eugene for the addition

ROBIN TAYLOR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ROBIN TAYLOR Edge of Darkness Music

More places to buy ROBIN TAYLOR music online Buy ROBIN TAYLOR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ROBIN TAYLOR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROBIN TAYLOR Edge of Darkness ratings distribution

ROBIN TAYLOR Edge of Darkness reviews

3 stars I'll let Robin tell you how this album came about. "In the early 1980's I was very much into tape manipulations and did a lot of experiments. A couple of long lost tapes from that period suddenly reappeared in the spring 2000, and I was immediately convinced, that they should form the basis of a new record project, which was competed during the Summer.To me these "ghost tapes" represent something "sacred" and i'm very pleased, I got hold of them at the last minute, before they seriously began to disintegrate. Glimpses of darkness...an edge."

We get farfisa organ, harmonica, percussion, horns, piano, hammond organ, electronics, processed guitar, bass and more. Robin also says "No synthesizers !" in the liner notes. The music is dark and minimalistic and I must admit it agitates me for some reason. I thought maybe listening to it with headphones on and giving the music my undivided attention would help, but no, I get annoyed a lot (haha). Not a fan of the cover art either. I really don't like winter. I'm not going to go track by track because I would be repeating myself a lot. At 65 minutes it's a little long for this style but I imagine there are those who would feel it's too short. Different strokes right ? So a good album but one that fails to capture my imagination. Maybe one day.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#569813) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 18, 2011

Post a review of ROBIN TAYLOR "Edge of Darkness"