PORK

Taylor's Universe Pork album cover

Buy TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Music
Studio Album, released in 1996

1. Sir Vannah (3:48)
2. Horsemen's Parade (3:20)
3. Porky Park (4:42)
4. Ghost Dance (3:10)
5. Syte-2 (1:23)
6. The SOS Coincidence (4:34)
7. Hard To Realize (6:00)
8. Another Rainy Day (9:03)
9. Let's Run Away & Be Indians (6:49)

Search TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Pork lyrics

Search TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Pork tabs

- Robin Taylor / electric & bass guitars, percussion, electronics, loops, etc
- Jan Marsfeldt / synthesizers, organ, & piano
- Mads Hansen / drums
- Hugh Steinmetz / trumpet (on most tracks)
- Jytte Lindberg / voice (on 1, 3, & 9)

MOBCD 001

Thanks to eugene for the addition

TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Pork Music

Worn OutWorn Out
CD Baby 2013
Taylor's UniverseTaylor's Universe
CD Baby 2002

More places to buy TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE music online Buy TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Pork ratings distribution

TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE Pork reviews

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars Both frightening cover and ridiculous title should make you warned. This time mr. Taylor goes really Avant, and this is no more enjoyable as much as TAYLOR’S UNIVERSE eponymous debut – for me, at least. It’s fun and challenging, and it’s good as an experiment and some kind of journey (“Lets Runaway and Be Indians” is one of the best song titles I ever known!), still far from ear-hurting noise other Avantgardists trying to produce ;) Unfortunately, this one made me put the whole Taylor’s catalogue aside for a while, but don’t bother much, since I ain’t an Avant lover (only few bands from the whole genre are of my liking). Don’t know if this MUST be recommended…at least try it – it’s worthy.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#124839) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 06, 2007

4 stars Well I guess you could say that this is where I get off of the Robin Taylor bus. I've listened to a good cross section of his music from his three different projects and have come to the conclusion that he is one very talented multi-instrumentalist and composer. And he certainly likes to work with like minded people. This is not to say I won't be checking out any more of his music in the future, I just feel like my journey with him has come to an end here. And i'm thankful to be ending it with this album called "Pork" because it's one of his best. The album cover features a young cross-eyed Mary (maybe not) and the music continues to be adventerous and very enjoyable. This is a great album and I believe it was the second release under the TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE band name.

"Sir Vannah" has these intricate sounds that build as the trumpet comes in and plays over top. Some vocal expressions too. The trumpet becomes the focus ala Miles Davis. Great track. "Horsemens Parade" has this intense intro then it settles with organ. Drums, guitar and fuller sound follows. Outbursts of sound come and go to end it. "Porky Park" is one of my favourites. A mechanical rhythm with bass and synths early on before vocal expressions and trumpet join in.The tempo picks up late. "Ghost Dance (Indian Hip Hop)" features drums and percussion before turning fuller before a minute. "Syte 2" is mostly bass, trumpet and cymbals with some brief spoken words.These spoken words open up "The S.O.S. Coincidence" then trumpet and sparse sounds take over. I like it ! Spoken words end it.

"Hard To Realize" opens with keys, trumpet and percussion. It kicks in heavily around 2 minutes with guitar, drums and more. It settles back again before 3 minutes. It's building before 4 minutes. Nice.These contrasts continue. "Another Rainy Day" opens with atmosphere and it's kind of eerie.This continues throughout. Drums come to the fore around 5 minutes as the guitar cries out. The drums settles back but the crying guitar and atmosphere continue reminding me a lot of Terje Rypdal. "Let's Run Away And Be Indians" opens with the sounsds of people struggling as the music pulsates. Female vocal melodies a minute in. Amazing sound 2 minutes in then it settles back. An eerie calm 3 minutes in. This is really good.

I highly recommend "Pork" and for that matter most of Robin Taylor's works.This was a lot of fun.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#584114) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Post a review of TAYLOR'S UNIVERSE "Pork"