PRINCESS ALICE AND THE BROKEN ARROW

Magnum Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow album cover

Good, but non-essential

Buy MAGNUM Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. When We Were Younger (7:00)
2. Eyes Wide Open (5:55)
3. Like Brothers We Stand (5:35)
4. Out of the Shadows (6:59)
5. Dragons Are Real (5:21)
6. Inside Your Head (6:01)
7. Be Strong (5:40)
8. Thank You for the Day (5:11)
9. Your Lies (4:35)
10. Desperate Times (5:23)
11. You'll Never Sleep (4:57)

Search MAGNUM Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow lyrics

- Mark Stanway / keyboards
- Harry James / drums

CD SPV/Steamhammer (2007)

also as Limited Edition CD+DVD:
SPV/Steamhammer SPV 95912 (2007)

Thanks to archivep for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

MAGNUM MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MAGNUM Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow Music

Princess Alice & The Broken ArrowPrincess Alice & The Broken Arrow
Steamhammer Us 2007
Princess Alice and the Broken Arrow - MagnumPrincess Alice and the Broken Arrow - Magnum
Moon Records

More places to buy MAGNUM music online Buy MAGNUM & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MAGNUM DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MAGNUM Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(24%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(35%)

MAGNUM Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow reviews

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars When We Were Younger

In recent times it has become popular for classic bands to record follow-ups to their most well- regarded albums from their early days. Eloy's Ocean 2, Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime 2, Ian Anderson's Thick As A Brick 2, and Rick Wakeman's Return To The Centre Of The Earth, are just a few examples. Magnum's Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow is the follow-up to their classic On A Storyteller's Night album from 1985. The original album has never been my favourite Magnum album, and it is even disputable whether it really is the classic Magnum album, even if it certainly are among their most popular and significant ones. Other candidates are Chase The Dragon and Wings Of Heaven.

The style is indeed more similar here to that of On A Storyteller's Night than to anything they have done in the years between. Or before, for that matter. This is good news for those who liked the 1985 album, but it is not necessarily good news for Prog fans. Arguably, the most progressive Magnum albums were the pre-On A Storyteller's Night ones. And even some songs from their later albums were far more proggy than anything from On A Storyteller's Night (the excellent Don't Wake The Lion from Wings Of Heaven being the prime example).

I guess that some Magnum fans will regard the present album as a return to form, but for me it is not better than their previous two studio efforts Brand New Morning and Breath Of Life. But of course it is better than their weak 90's albums! The quality of the songs on Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow is not low at all and there are indeed some nice moments here, the nostalgic opener When We Were Younger being one. Still, I cannot give this album the same rating as the 1985 album, or some other of the band's better albums from the 80's and 70's.

Primarily for Magnum fans this one, not for the average Prog fan

Send comments to SouthSideoftheSky (BETA) | Report this review (#697647) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2012

3 stars I was pleasantly surprised by this album as I haven't bought anything by Magnum for a number of years. I felt they lost their way during the late 80s and on into the 90s so they drifted off my radar. The thing that actually got my attention concerning this release was the cover art. It is pret ... (read more)

Report this review (#124735) | Posted by scarista | Tuesday, June 05, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I´ve started to listen to the new Magnum´s stuff "PRINCESS ALICE AND THE BROKEN ARROW " with a big expectations because Magnum are one of my favourites in rock music genre. I´m glad that my expectations were right because new Magnum´s album is exactly what I´ve expected... strong catchy melo ... (read more)

Report this review (#111951) | Posted by archivep | Tuesday, February 13, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MAGNUM "Princess Alice And The Broken Arrow"