UPROSTřED SLOV (IN THE MIDDLE OF WORDS)

Uz Jsme Doma

RIO/Avant-Prog

Uz Jsme Doma Uprostřed Slov (In The Middle of Words) album cover

Buy UZ JSME DOMA Music
Studio Album, released in 1990

1. ?men - j? nebo nebo / Amen - Yeah Or Or (5:58)
2. Juleček / Little Julius (3:23)
3. Telef?n / Telephone (3:26)
4. Uprostřed slov / In The Middle Of Words (9:00)
5. D?tě / Child (4:02)
6. F?kus / Rubber Tree (5:56)
7. Sousedsk? / Neighborly (3:22)
8. Sopot / Sopot (Town In Poland) (4:32)
9. Soubor opatřen? / New Progress Regulations (4:12)
10. Mek medů / Mack Madoo (3:49)
11. Santrůček / Shantrooczech (1:38)
12. Kreslak / Glam Leather (2:21)

- Miroslav Wanek / vocals, guitar, piano, and lyrics
- Romek Hanzl?k / guitar
- Jindra Dolansk? / tenor saxophone and vocals
- Pavel Kerka / bass
- Alice Kalouskov? / alto saxophone
- Pavel Pavl?ček / drums

Guest musicians:
- Sl?vek Neuh?fer / violin (1,3 & 7)
- Petr N?j / flute (2)
- Martin Chrenč?k / acoustic guitar (2)
- Jaroslav Cuachovec / bag pipe (8)

LP, Globus, CZ ? 1990
CD, Skoda rec., USA, 1998 ? released as doubleCD together with CD ?Vancouver 1997
CD digipak, Indies, CZ, 1996
MC, Indies, CZ 1996
2EP, !aNGRrr!, FR, 2015

Thanks to Geck0 for the addition
and to Nogbad_The_Bad for the last updates

Buy UZ JSME DOMA Uprostřed Slov (In The Middle of Words) Music

More places to buy UZ JSME DOMA music online Buy UZ JSME DOMA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

UZ JSME DOMA Uprostřed Slov (In The Middle of Words) ratings distribution

UZ JSME DOMA Uprostřed Slov (In The Middle of Words) reviews

Review by Marty McFly
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars Oh-kay, this is insanity. But conducted with skills of masters. And it's hard to master insanity, as it's more abstract term, than anything real. But I'm afraid that being crazy just isn't enough, that some order has to stand up and raise its flag in this mass of chaos. And I still fail to see it, or the music fails to show it, or even have it inside. So I hope it's just complicated childbirth, that their first album lacks at least some of things I look for in music. I know that I had few problems with this genre, but who has not, it's after all one of the hardest ones.

Actually, I can enjoy it. Maybe it's because of some things that are connected with Czech Republic, which are well known to me, because I live here and also to band, who implemented them into their music. I think that this world-wide-well-known group is better to be heard live, as I'll go to their gig (my 3rd concert ever), 8.8.2009, so I look forward to this moment a lot. And I'm trying as much as possible to get into this, but I realized that it's not like symphonic prog, with each album similar to one another in these important things (get- into-ity to make substantive from it), but every RIO/Avant album brings something new and this new thing kicks me from the rear, when I least expect it. But it can be funny at times.

Names of songs are, well, insane too, completely nonsenses, but that's probably part of the game ("In between the words" - Uprostřed slov, "Gibberish of honeys" - Mek medů, "armchair-man" - Křeslák). So my final conclusion is that I'll probably listen to this voluntarily, but only at certain points of my existence, as I'll return to some normal music after listening this. It's not bad, but needs certain mood of yours, definitely not 24/7 music.

3(+), as I was trying, but failed to understand. Completely understand, because I've managed to get into this, partially.

I'm looking forward to my 1st prog gig. Entry fee is just about 4€, so not so cheap.

Post a review of UZ JSME DOMA "Uprostřed Slov (In The Middle of Words)"