GREG LAKE

Good, but non-essential

Buy GREG LAKE Music
Studio Album, released in 1981

1. Nuclear Attack (4:27)
2. Love You Too Much (3:55)
3. It Hurts (4:27)
4. Black and Blue (3:56)
5. Retribution Drive (5:03)
6. Long Goodbye (3:55)
7. The Lie (4:44)
8. Someone (4:08)
9. Let Me Love You Once Before You Go (4:16)
10. For Those Who Dare (3:53)

Search GREG LAKE Greg Lake lyrics

JPN 1981 - Chrysalis LP WWS-81445 picture sleeve, lyric insert
2000 - Creative Musical Arts CD GLCD 3002
UK 2000 - Zoom CD ZCRCD42 digital remaster

Thanks to Ghost Rider for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

GREG LAKE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GREG LAKE Greg Lake Music

Image Entertainment 2007
DVD$29.91
Greg LakeGreg Lake
Mvd Visual 2007
From the Beginning: The Greg Lake RetrospectiveFrom the Beginning: The Greg Lake Retrospective
Rhino 1997
Greg Lake: Welcome BackstageGreg Lake: Welcome Backstage
Multiple Formats
Mvd Visual 2007
DVD$5.22
Manoeuvres by Greg Lake (2011-07-26)Manoeuvres by Greg Lake (2011-07-26)
CAROLINE GENERAL CAT
Songs of a Lifetime by GREG LAKE (2013-02-19)Songs of a Lifetime by GREG LAKE (2013-02-19)
Esoteric
King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents in Concert by Greg LakeKing Biscuit Flower Hour Presents in Concert by Greg Lake
King Biscuit Flower
Greg Lake by Greg Lake (2011-07-26)Greg Lake by Greg Lake (2011-07-26)
CAROLINE GENERAL CAT

Lake,greg & Geoff Downes - Ride The Tiger NEW CD USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Lake,greg - Greg Lake / Manoeuvres NEW CD USD $12.67 Buy It Now 1h 47m
GREG LAKE - I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS -7'' EX/K 13511/A4-B2 PECKO/1975 UK USD $7.62 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Greg Lake - Manoeuvres - Vinyl USD $25.40 [0 bids]
A Classic Rock Christmas [Sanctuary] CD Styx Survivor Greg Lake John Waite REO S USD $6.51 [2 bids]
GREG LAKE. I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS . 7" Vinyl single 1975 . NR MINT USD $10.15 Buy It Now 5h 30m
SPONTANEUS COMBUSION - Triad - LP - HAKWIND, KING CRIMSON, ELP, GREG LAKE !!! USD $22.86 Buy It Now 5h 49m
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL XMAS 2006 3 x CD VG/EX THE WAITRESSES, ABBA, GREG LAKE USD $4.07 [7 bids]
THE BEST OF PROGRESSIVE ROCK (CD 1999) Greg Lake Gentle Giant GTR Dixie Dregs+ USD $17.09 Buy It Now 6h 53m
2 lp lot- Emerson, Lake&Palmer, Greg Lake- 12",LP,33 RPM,Rock USD $3.00 [0 bids]
STRAY DOG s/t Mini LP CD JAPAN VICP-62746 Snuffy Walden / Produced by Greg Lake USD $9.99 [1 bids]
9h
Greg Lake Sweet Thunder LP NEW Edition II AUDIOPHILE MASTER EDITION Emerson USD $143.50 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas - US Picture Sleeve PS 7" single USD $4.99 [1 bids]
GREG LAKE (ELP) - "Self Titled" LP 1981 1st US PROMO IN SHRINK w/Inner Chrysalis USD $11.88 Buy It Now 14h 20m
Greg Lake King Biscuit In Concert USA CD album (CDLP) 8010 KING BISCUIT 1995 USD $22.22 Buy It Now 16h 4m
I Believe In Father Christmas Greg Lake 7" vinyl single record USA 45-3305 USD $16.45 Buy It Now 16h 34m
Greg Lake " I believe in Father Christrmas " 7 inch single USD $1.91 [0 bids]
Ringo Starr & All Starr Band - Rare 2001 2-CD Set, Billy Bob's Texas, Greg Lake USD $58.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Greg Lake King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Greg Lake In Concert CD 707108801026 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE S/T LP VINYL 10 Track With Inner (Chr1357) UK Chrysalis USD $11.29 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE I Believe In Father Christmas 7" VINYL Large A Solid Centre Label USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE-IN CONCERT -JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK G50 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 1 day
9/6/73PN07 ARTICLE & PICTURE : GREG LAKE, UNDER THE INFLUENCE USD $5.72 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE It Hurts 7" VINYL B/W Retribution Drive (Chs2567) UK Chrysalis USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE I Believe In Father Christmas 7" VINYL Solid Centre Label Design USD $6.34 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERSON LAKE PALMER jeremy bender/ GREG LAKE c'est la vie ATLANTIC CANADA 45 USD $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE Watching Over You 7" VINYL B/W Hallowed Be Thy Name (K11061) White USD $5.32 Buy It Now 1 day
GREG LAKE-FROM THE UNDERGROUND -JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK G50 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 1 day
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL XMAS 2006 3 x CD VG/EX THE WAITRESSES, ABBA, GREG LAKE USD $4.13 [7 bids]
GREG LAKE-From The Under~VOL2-JAPAN MINI LP SHM CD 0421 G50 USD $29.50 Buy It Now 1 day
EMERSON LAKE PALMER "Promo" Works Greg Lake P6311 2LP FS7242 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Greg Lake-Self Titled-LP-Chrysalis-CHR 1357-OG Sleeve-Vinyl Record-VG+ USD $4.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Greg Lake-Songs of a Lifetime (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.22 Buy It Now 1 day
Greg Lake It Hurts 7" vinyl single record UK CHS2567 CHRYSALIS 1981 USD $13.91 Buy It Now 1 day
THE No.1 CHRISTMAS ALBUM 2 x CD *VG/EX* SLADE GREG LAKE SINEAD O'CONNOR MUD USD $8.63 Buy It Now 1 day
3/10/81PGN24 ADVERT: GREG LAKE 1981 - ALBUM RELEASED & DEBUT GIG & TOUR USD $13.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Asia - Astra LP 1985 Geffen Wetton Downes Palmer ELP Yes Steve Howe Greg Lake USD $12.71 Buy It Now 1 day
Greg Lake Vinyl Single: I Believe In Father Christmas / Humbug (Manticore 1975) USD $2.22 [0 bids]
Keith Emerson & Greg Lake-Live from Manticore Hall CD NEW USD $16.34 Buy It Now 1 day
Emerson, Lake & Powell by Cozy Powell/Emerson, Lake & Powell/Greg Lake/Keith... USD $13.84 Buy It Now 2 days
GARY MOORE GREATEST HITS 2 CD SET IN DIGIPAK Greg Lake BBM G Force Thin Lizzy USD $10.49 Buy It Now 2 days
THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS COLLECTION (1998 38 trk 2CD Set) Queen, Greg Lake, Abba USD $5.07 [0 bids]
GREG LAKE greg lake self titled CHR1357 uk chrysalis 1981 LP PS EX/VG USD $11.42 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG LAKE "LET ME LOVE YOU ONCE / RETRIBUTION DRIVE" 45 USD $3.00 Buy It Now 2 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Atlantic Years 2 CASSETTES Keith Emerson Greg Lake ELP USD $5.95 Buy It Now 2 days
Greg Lake Greg Lake vinyl LP album record UK CHR1357 CHRYSALIS 1981 USD $17.72 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG LAKE (ELP) - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF JA) USD $8.83 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG LAKE (ELP) - MAGAZINE CUTTING (FULL PAGE PHOTO) (REF G) USD $7.94 Buy It Now 2 days
Greg Lake And Geoff Downes - Ride The Tiger (NEW CD) USD $11.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Greg Lake I Believe In Father Christmas 7" Manticore K13511 EX 1975 I Believe In USD $8.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas / Humbug - Manticore K-13511 Ex USD $4.76 Buy It Now 2 days
Greg Lake from the beginning a retrospective - 2 CD - CD Compact Disc USD $28.84 Buy It Now 2 days
GREG LAKE FROM THE BEGINNING CD BEST KING CRIMSON ELP PETE SINFIELD COZY POWELL USD $25.40 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake m- in shrink LP same self title USD $5.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake m- UK LP Manoeuvers USD $8.49 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake 45 LET ME LOVE YOU ONCE / RETRIBUTION DRIVE ~ VG++ vinyl USD $4.42 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE WITH GARY MOORE (Self Titled) LP ART PROG ROCK Chrysalis ~ GERMANY 81 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE: I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS/HUMBUG USD $1.27 [0 bids]
KEITH EMERSON & GREG LAKE of ELP New Sealed 2016 UNRELEASED CONCERT CD USD $21.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE - I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS K13511 UK 1975 +PIC USD $1.26 [0 bids]
King Crimson - Full A4 Page Magazine Picture Photo Cutting - Greg Lake USD $4.76 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE US AMERICA 1981 ORIGINAL Brand New SEALED MINT LP FIRST SOLO ALBUM USD $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE MANOEUVRES FV41392 LP Ft1223 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
KEITH EMERSON GREG LAKE AND COZY POWELL LP ALBUM ELP NM-STILL IN SHRINK USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KEITH EMERSON GREG LAKE AND CARL PALMER WORKS VOLUME 1 DOUBLE LP ALBUM ELP EX USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Legends of Rock, Acoustic: Carl Perkins, Roger Miller, John Sebastian, Greg Lake USD $4.97 Buy It Now 3 days
Keith Emerson & Greg Lake-Live from Manticore Hall (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.89 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake & Geoff Downes-Ride The Tiger (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $12.26 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE-Greg Lake / Manoeuvres (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $17.22 Buy It Now 3 days
King Crimson:Court HQ CD+DVD+X 40th Japan Mini-LP CD IEZP-15 SS (greg lake elp Q USD $70.00 Buy It Now 3 days
I Believe In Father Christmas Greg Lake 7" vinyl single record UK K13511 USD $13.91 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE--PICTURE SLEEVE ONLY--(I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS)--PS--PIC--SLV USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake Self Titled LP (1981) CHR 1357 USD $9.95 [0 bids]
CD: Various Artists - Alive & Acoustic / Live America Greg Lake Renaissance VG+ USD $6.95 Buy It Now 3 days
From The Underground - Volume 1 Greg Lake CD album (CDLP) UK GL-CD3001 USD $28.57 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake King Biscuit Flower Hour CD album (CDLP) UK KBFHCD018 USD $47.64 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake From the Beginning: The Greg Lake Ret... USA 2 CD (Double CD) USD $47.64 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE "I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS" ON THE MANTICORE LABEL 1975 USD $1.52 [0 bids]
Greg Lake greatest hits live - CD Compact Disc USD $14.22 Buy It Now 3 days
Classic Soft Rock Christmas New CD Time Life Rhino Greg Lake B.J. Thomas Chicago USD $16.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake self titled - CD Compact Disc USD $11.14 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE & GARY MOORE JAPAN CD OBI 2300yen 1ST PRESS USD $79.99 Buy It Now 3 days
GREG LAKE INTERVIEW ORIGINAL ADVERT 24 X 16" POSTER SIZE 10 NOV 1973 USD $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake In Concert King Biscuit Mini LP SHM CD JAPAN USD $43.99 Buy It Now 3 days
KEITH EMERSON GREG LAKE AND CARL PALMER IN CONCERT LIVE LP ALBUM ELP NM- USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
EMERSON LAKE PALMER PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION VINYL LP ALBUM ELP KEITH GREG CARL USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
ROXY MUSIC GREG LAKE ON COVER ORIGINAL ADVERT 16 X 12" POSTER SIZE 10 NOV 1973 USD $16.50 Buy It Now 3 days
1981 - GREG LAKE - Greg Lake + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size USD $11.42 Buy It Now 3 days
Ultimate Christmas Album (Mail On Sunday Promo) (2 CD) Crystal Gayle Greg Lake USD $1.27 [0 bids]
Greg Lake ?- Nuclear Attak CD USD $4.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas 7" Vinyl Manticore K13511 (1975) USD $0.62 [0 bids]
GREG LAKE " I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS " EX VINTAGE 45 RPM USD $0.64 [0 bids]
GREG LAKE - Manoeuvres-UK LP-NM-1984 USD $10.15 [0 bids]
Greg Lake - I Believe In Father Christmas - 1975 Single USD $9.53 [5 bids]
GREG LAKE I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS / HUMBUG 7" SINGLE UK EX- USD $0.64 [0 bids]
The Christmas Album - double CD compilation incl. Wham, Greg Lake, Boney M, 3T USD $5.07 [0 bids]
CHRISTMAS HITS: JONA LEWIE, JETS, GREG LAKE, EARTHA KITT ETC - PROMO 2 CD SET USD $5.07 Buy It Now 4 days
I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS- GREG LAKE-7" VINYL SLEEVE-GOOD/RECORD EXCELLENT+ USD $6.35 Buy It Now 4 days
EMERSON LAKE & PALMER The Atlantic Years 2 CASSETTES Keith Emerson Greg Lake ELP USD $5.50 [0 bids]
GREG LAKE - I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS - 7" VINYL SINGLE USD $3.80 [0 bids]

More places to buy GREG LAKE music online Buy GREG LAKE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GREG LAKE Greg Lake ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(4%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(8%)

GREG LAKE Greg Lake reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Greg and Gary's grand adventure

Greg's first true solo album (as opposed to his side of "Works") sees him venturing well outside what might be considered his traditional territory. In reality, this is better looked upon as being by Greg Lake the five piece band. The line up of the band includes rock guitarist Gary Moore and keyboard player Tommy Eyre along with the rhythm section of Tristam Margetts and Ted McKenna.

The important thing here is not to approach the album expecting to hear the soft acoustic songs we would normally associate with Greg's contributions to ELP. Gary Moore has a major influence on this album, giving it a much harder edge than we are used to from Lake. Greg takes to the challenge with relish, and appears to thoroughly enjoy himself, especially on up-tempo songs such as "Retribution drive" and "Long goodbye".

The opening "Nuclear attack", written by Moore is a sort of cross between Moore's "Murder in the skies" and Europe's "The final countdown". The song has a hard, gritty feel, while retaining a commercial edge. "Love you too much" has an intriguing song-writing credit which includes both Greg Lake and Bob Dylan. It's only when we get to "It hurts" that we stumble on the first of Lake's solo compositions. The song has much more in common with Lake's usual comfort zone, but even then it features a fine guitar solo, perhaps by guest musician Steve Lukather.

"The lie" has a slightly more intricate structure, with some good soft passages alternating with blues tinged louder sections. Only "Someone" comes across as a superfluous song, being a rather ordinary AOR song with little to commend it. Things quickly get back on track with an emotive version of "Let me love you once before you go", a performance which would have been right at home on Greg's side of "Works". The closing "For those who dare" is a sort of "Lucky man" on steroids. The marching beat and bagpipes create an anthemic feel as Greg spits out this powerful song of battle.

There is nothing progressive about this album, this is rock pure and simple. The musicianship is however of an exceedingly high quality, and this coupled with some exciting compositions makes for a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The songs have a power and substance to them which makes for a compelling listen. Pity about the uninspired sleeve though.

Review by richardh
3 stars After ELP split up in 1980 Lake was quite quick to form a new band.He certainly put together a fine line up of musicians (mostly from rock rather than prog though). Gary Moore even donated his own song Nuclear Attack to the album.Gregs baritone add much more gravitas and is one of the highlights.

1. Nuclear Attack (5/5) - Quite heavy.Excellent stuff. 2. Love You Too Much (2/5) - Boring Bob Dylan reject song. 3. It Hurts (5/5) - Classic Greg Lake ballad! 4. Black and Blue (2/5) - Not good 5. Retribution Drive (3/5) - Okay 6. Long Goodbye (4/5) - Excellent composition 7. The Lie (4/5) -Ditto 8. Someone (3/5) -OKay 9. Let Me Love You Once Before You Go (3/5) -Suits Gregs voice 10. For Those Who Dare (4/5) - Good song

Overall this is high quality AOR beit with a few low moments but nothing stinks.3.5 stars.

Review by SouthSideoftheSky
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
2 stars A great song like the opener Nuclear Attack shows us what the combination of Greg Lake and Gary Moore was capable of. Without doubt these two are extremely talented. Too bad this is largely wasted talent on some of these songs. The lyrics are seriously unimaginative on some songs on this album. The phrase 'I love you', together with a bunch of other similar rock/pop clichés feature a bit too much in the second, third, fourth and ninth tracks for example. That is simply too much 'love' for my taste!

Retribution Drive, The Lie and the Celtic-sounding closer For Those Who Dare are all good songs, but hardly something that will blow the prog fan away. The vocals are great, the bass guitar sounds great, the guitar playing is amazing and the rest of the band are also very good. In addition, the album is well produced. But still I am not convinced by it. Most of the songs are not strong enough to make a really good album. And, as I said, the lyrics are sometimes just awful!

So even if I would consider myself a big Greg Lake fan and even if I really like Gary Moore's guitar playing, I still cannot say that this is a good album. But it has some very good moments, for sure! It could have been a great album. Indeed, it should have been a great album. But sadly it isn't, even if I can understand those who like it.

I would recommend the live album called Nuclear Attack (aka Greg Lake Live At The King Biscuit Flower Hour) if you want to hear the Moore/Lake combination, or the excellent DVD Greg Lake Live before you move on to this studio album.

Despite some very good moments, this is only for fans.

Post a review of GREG LAKE "Greg Lake"