DUNGEN

3. Andra sidan sjön

Side-B:
4. Mitten av mars
5. Du och jag
6. Och du frågar mig varför ...
7. Tillsammans

- Gila Storm / vocals
- Marko Lohikari / bass

Vinyl: XMLP-SUB-15, a limited edition of 500 copies

Thanks to Eetu Pellonpää for the addition

DUNGEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DUNGEN Dungen Music

Box set · Single
Subliminal Sounds 2011
Vinyl$64.92
Circle Hollywood 2xLP vinyl sealed psych prog Dungen US $31.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Circle Incarnation vinyl LP sealed psych prog Dungen Pharaoh Overlord US $25.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
Dungen: Tio Bitar [Slipcase] (2007) Very Good Condition US $5.37 Buy It Now 7h 10m
Skit I Allt [Digipak] by Dungen (CD, Sep-2010, Mexican Summer) US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 33m
MOTORPSYCHO BEHIND THE SUN 2LP+CD *WHITE* DUNGEN HAWKWIND NEKTAR PSYCH / PR US $40.99 Buy It Now 21h 46m
4 Dungen CD US $8.88 Buy It Now 21h 51m
VARIOUS och har ar dungen dar goken gol LP Mint- PY 842 563 Vinyl 1969 Record US $21.60 Buy It Now 23h 50m
Dungen - Swedish Psychedelic - TIO BITAR CD - New US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dungen- Ta Det Lugnt CD Swedish Psych US $10.90 Buy It Now 1 day
DUNGEN, SKIT I ALLT, MINT, MEXICAN SUMMER, FAST FREE US SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt 2x LP Vinyl US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR NEW CD US $20.81 Buy It Now 2 days
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR [SLIPCASE] - NEW CD US $10.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Skit I Allt Dungen CD US $9.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Dungen - 4 CD [2008] Near Mint US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
V/A " NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MEMPHIS " CD PROMO ALBUM DUNGEN ABSENTEE PIPETTES US $2.52 Buy It Now 3 days
Panda, Dungen, Good Single US $2.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Dungen Skit I Allt LP sealed vinyl + download Mexican Summer limited US $13.99 Buy It Now 4 days
DUNGEN "TA DET LUGNT" GUSTAV EJSTES KARIN PALM KONST & RAMAR FREW TAHACD ALBUM US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
DUNGEN 'Ta Det Lugnt' CD US $13.97 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar - CD (DEW908000 Subliminal 2007) US $23.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen - 4 [Vinyl New] US $30.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Dungen "Ta Det Lugnt" 2CD Scandinavian Avant Psych Prog Folk Rock FREE SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DUNGEN - 4 (LTD) NEW VINYL US $40.57 Buy It Now 7 days
4 Dungen Vinyl LP US $30.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Circle End of Time b/w God Told Me To 7 inch vinyl new Dungen Wooden Shjips US $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
DUNGEN - Tio Bitar - (2007 U.S. LP) - SEALED/NEW VINYL US $34.97 Buy It Now 7 days
DUNGEN 1999-2001 1:st album &previously unreleased... SUBCD-16 2005 Sealed CD US $14.99 Buy It Now 8 days
DUNGEN Panda/Tyst Minut/Jamna Plagor CD single Ta Det Lugnt US $3.34 Buy It Now 8 days
Skit I Allt - Dungen (2010, CD New) US $8.51 Buy It Now 8 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 8 days
Dungen - Dungen (Music CD) US $17.15 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen - 4 (Music CD) US $23.87 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt (Music CD) US $25.38 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt (Music CD) US $25.77 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen [CD New] US $16.82 Buy It Now 9 days
DUNGEN**SKIT I ALLT(LTD ED/DOWNLOAD CODE)**VINYL US $21.69 Buy It Now 9 days
VARIOUS och har ar dungen dar goken gol LP VG+ PY 842 563 Vinyl 1969 Record US $14.40 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen - SKit I Allt (Music CD) US $30.49 Buy It Now 9 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt 3 LP Vinyl Record LP US $82.74 Buy It Now 10 days
Dungen - 4 Lmtd Ed. Vinyl Record LP US $42.79 Buy It Now 10 days
DUNGEN - PANDA [SINGLE] (5050954108920) - NEW CD US $4.72 Buy It Now 10 days
DUNGEN NEW CD US $23.11 Buy It Now 10 days
DUNGEN Oga Nasa Mun/Highway Wolf 45 single Third Man US $6.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DEPARTMENT OF EAGLES baikonour DUNGEN john stammers NUCLEAR FREE CITY CD SEALED US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Dungen - Skit I Altt LP NEW w/mp3 virgin Mexican Summer limited edition numbered US $23.99 Buy It Now 11 days
DUNGEN TYST MINUT 12" EP * RARE * LIMITED 500 COPIES ONLY! US $69.97 Buy It Now 11 days
DUNGEN - TIO BITAR NEW VINYL US $40.57 Buy It Now 11 days
Tio Bitar Dungen Vinyl LP US $30.98 Buy It Now 12 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar [Vinyl New] US $30.98 Buy It Now 12 days
DUNGEN - DUNGEN - NEW CD US $13.84 Buy It Now 12 days
DUNGEN - 4 [DUNGEN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $8.89 Buy It Now 12 days
Dungen - Skit I Allt Vinyl Record LP US $21.49 Buy It Now 12 days
DUNGEN Öga Näsa Mun 7" NEW Dead Weather Mars Volta wolfmother guild landberk US $6.99 Buy It Now 12 days
DUNGEN Tio Bitar 2007 CD Sweden Import SUBCD24 US $21.83 Buy It Now 13 days
Dungen CD US $13.83 Buy It Now 13 days
Dungen : Ta Det Lugnt CD (2010) US $8.64 Buy It Now 13 days
Dungen - Tio Bitar LP NEW subliminal US $34.99 Buy It Now 14 days
DUNGEN Ta Det Lugnt (Universal) (CD, 2006, 2 Discs, Kemado) NEW!! US $13.95 Buy It Now 14 days
Dungen Ta Det Lugnt RARE 2 Disc Set 18 Track Kemado Records Fuzz Psych CD EX US $14.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Dungen - Panda [New] US $3.97 Buy It Now 14 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt (CD 2005) NEW US $20.14 Buy It Now 14 days
Tio Bitar [Slipcase] by Dungen (CD, May-2007, Kemado) US $10.21 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen : Ta Det Lungt (2CDs) (2005) US $4.49 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen - 4 (CD New) US $8.91 Buy It Now 15 days
Panda - Dungen (2005, CD Single NEUF) US $2.09 Buy It Now 15 days
4 by Dungen (CD, Sep-2008, Kemado) US $8.50 Buy It Now 15 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt (Digipak, Kemado Records 2004) Audio 2 CD set US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
DUNGEN - OGA NASA MUM / HIGHWAY WOLF NEW VINYL US $10.09 Buy It Now 15 days
DUNGEN Satt Att Se 12" NEW VINYL Subliminal Sounds LTD US $21.99 Buy It Now 15 days
DUNGEN Ta det lugnt - 13 track Swedish 2004 Subliminal CD - SUBCD 10 Psych Folk US $8.79 Buy It Now 16 days
DUNGEN 10 Bitar Sublimal 2007 Swedish Prog Psych Sealed Slipcase CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Skit I Allt - Dungen (2010, Vinyl New) US $16.52 Buy It Now 17 days
Dungen - Skit I Allt Instrumental 7 Inch Single [Vinyl New] US $98.98 Buy It Now 18 days
Dungen Stadsvandringar CD 2002 EMI AstrelWerks ASW 40305 Progg Psychedelic Rock US $8.99 Buy It Now 18 days
DUNGEN - SKIT I ALLT NEW VINYL US $25.61 Buy It Now 18 days
Dungen - Satt Att Se LP Vinyl LTD MP3 NEW US $18.99 Buy It Now 18 days
DUNGEN - PANDA 3 TRK CD SINGLE US $5.03 Buy It Now 19 days
Dungen- Skit I Allt [Digipak] CD US $9.56 Buy It Now 19 days
Panda Dungen CD US $4.71 Buy It Now 19 days
Dungen Stadsvandringar CD US $8.84 Buy It Now 20 days
DUNGEN: Oga, Nasa, Mun / Highway Wolf 45 (PS) Rock & Pop US $8.00 Buy It Now 21 days
DUNGEN: Skit I Allt LP (w/ code for download of entire album, limited edition) US $18.00 Buy It Now 21 days
Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt CD - Near Mint US $12.13 Buy It Now 21 days
Dungen, Stadsvandringar Audio CD US $6.64 Buy It Now 21 days
Dungen Oga Nasa Mun USA 7" vinyl single record TMR065 THIRD MAN RECORDS 2011 US $26.79 Buy It Now 21 days
Dungen Ta Det Lugnt CD US $13.90 Buy It Now 22 days

More places to buy DUNGEN music online Buy DUNGEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DUNGEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DUNGEN Dungen ratings distribution

DUNGEN Dungen reviews

4 stars 4.5 stars. I know 2 people who have stated that this is their favourite DUNGEN album, now I know why. It's actually the debut album with some unreleased material from that time woven in. It works really well.It's a 45 minute album with three long tracks on it. The only really negative thing I can think of is that Fiske isn't as prominant as he will be on later records. This recording does sound different for the most part from later releases. What ties them together are the vocal sections, but there's very little of them here. What is different is how Psychedelic this is. I mean this is spacey and experimental beyond anything they would do after this. And that's what makes this so appealing to me.

"Stadsvandringar" is the 15 minute opener. It begins with Fiske doing his thing in an impressive way. Vocal melodies join in as we get that familiar Psych / Pop 60's sound. It settles before 2 minutes with organ and drums standing out as the guitar plays over top. A change after 3 1/2 minutes as flute comes in, then it turns jazzy with sax. Another change 5 1/2 minutes in as female vocal melodies arrive but they're brief, then drums and guitar trade off. It turns very psychedelic and spacey, almost spacey Klaus Schulze-like from before 7 minutes to around 10 minutes when it changes again. This next section is mellow with vocals including flute. It changes 13 minutes in as flute, organ and drums take over. Drums dominate late.

"Widsommarbongen" has this dreamy rhythm to it then it turns spacey with organ. The birds are chirping too. A change 6 1/2 minutes in as drums arrive followed by bass and flute. Another change before 10 1/2 minutes with the guitar coming in. Keys and vocal melodies too. It's dreamy 12 minutes in. Another change before 17 minutes to a more abrasive sound. "Lilla Vannen" opens with reserved vocals, percussion and strummed guitar. I like it ! Again it's dreamy. Flute joins in too. It changes as drums and organ come and go together. We get a melody at 4 minutes with vocals. It's that Psych / Pop sound from the start of the album. A change 7 minutes in as the tempo picks up. Great sound here. It then settles as we get a beautiful ending.

There are three DUNGEN albums including this one that i'm very impressed with. This is the most Swedish (dark) of them all.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#269410) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Review by stefro
4 stars The Swedish outfit's first, best and most overtly psychedelic release, this self-titled effort was originally issued in 1999 on vinyl only and in a (very) limited run of just 500 units. A surprise underground success throughout Scandanavia and mainland Europe - and then belatedly in the USA - original copies quickly became much sought-after collectors item for vinyl-junkies and psych-freaks before the album was finally reissued in CD format in 2005, six months after the release of the group's fourth album 'Ta De Lugnt'. Happily enough, however, it was well worth the wait. Featuring a hazy, ethnic-tinged retro-psych sound fused with engaging pop melodies and deeply-cosmic instrumental meanderings, 'Dungen' pulls of the remarkable trick of sounding authentically old-school, like some lost soundtrack to a late-sixties exploitation flick that never was. Unlike the original album though, 'Dungen' the CD reissue condenses and remixes the music into three lengthy pieces(the original album featured eight tracks) each buzzing around the twenty-minute mark and each blending effortlessly into the next and therefore giving the impression that there is in fact just one, epic track making up the album. With it's vibrant mixture of jangly guitars, soaring flute runs, skittering percussion, flipped- out electro passages and haunting female vocals, opener 'Stadsvandringar' is a perfect example of Dungen's gloriously psychedelic sound, especially in the serene mid-section of twittering birdsong, grinding organs and misty soundscapes that brings to mind the haunting mid-section of the Pink Floyd track 'Dogs' from the English quartet's 1977 album 'Animals'. Even mellower and beginning with a haunting medley of glistening keyboards, follow-up piece 'Midsommarbongen' takes the listener into even deeper psych-scape territory, jumping head- first into a jazzy, sitar-drenched jam, before the album's final epic 'Lilla Vaennen' finds yet more spectral acid- rock rhythms bubbling away underneath an array of mystical flutes and delicately-cooked raindrops of late-night keyboards. Unlike later albums, which pursued a more Beach Boys-inspired psych-pop direction, 'Dungen' is, simply put, the full psychedelic experience. Topped off with a contemporary gloss, this is a wonderful slice of deeply mystical cosmic rock that should more than delight fans of late-sixties psychedelia.

STEFAN TURNER, STOKE NEWINGTON, 2012

Send comments to stefro (BETA) | Report this review (#703976) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, April 02, 2012

Post a review of DUNGEN "Dungen"