PSYCHEDELIC MAN

Kraan Psychedelic Man album cover

Buy KRAAN Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Come Back (3:02)
2. Silver Buildings (4:40)
3. Dakkar (3:53)
4. Miracle Days (3:16)
5. Luft Und Liebe (3:37)
6. Psychedelic Man (4:15)
7. Inner Cycle (5:20)
8. Disbanned Shake (3:56)
9. Colourcave (6:44)
10. Alles Gute (3:09)
11. Feierabend (6:15)

Bonus track on download version:
12. Inuit Minuet (5:08)

Bonus material on EMI Special Edition (2007):
DVD: (recorded live at Finkenbach Festival 2005)
1. Yaqui Yagua (8:23)
2. Vollgas Ahoi (7:37)
3. Kraan Arabia (7:54)
4. Hallo Ja Ja, I Don't Know (3:29)
5. Borgward (12:35)
6. Nam Nam (17:42)

Search KRAAN Psychedelic Man lyrics

Search KRAAN Psychedelic Man tabs

- Peter Wolbrandt / guitar, vocals
- Ingo Bischof / keyboards
- Jan Fride / drums
- Hellmut Hattler / bass, vocals

CD EMI Capitol 3891702 (2007)
CD+DVD EMI Capitol 3891712 (2007)(Special Edition)
Also available as a download with a bonus track.

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

KRAAN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KRAAN Psychedelic Man Music

Kraan CD Flyday Japan with OBI (partially torn) CTCD 278 US $8.99 [0 bids]
Kraan - Tournee [Intercord IRS 986.930] US $1.59 [0 bids]
Kraan - Classic Albums CD Pop Rock US $18.56 Buy It Now 23h 17m
Kraan-Wintrup German prog cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 23h 26m
KRAAN "TOURNEE" GERMAN PROG JAZZ ROCK FUSION LIVE 1980 EMBRYO CAN GONG ZAPPA !!! US $6.99 [0 bids]
KRAAN: Let It Out (rare rock & pop LP) US $40.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Kraan - Wiederhoren...New Sealed (2000) US $24.06 Buy It Now 3 days
Kraan - Flyday (CD 2000) US $52.96 Buy It Now 3 days
Kraan - Wiederhoren LP Germany 1977 EX/EX+ # Prog / Krautrock US $24.08 Buy It Now 3 days
Kraan - Andy Nogger LP Mint Factory Sealed Kraut Rock US $19.99 [0 bids]
KRAAN Andy Nogger LP 7 Track (gulp1009) UK Gull 1975 US $25.28 Buy It Now 4 days
KRAAN - KRAAN LIVE - NEW CD US $7.26 Buy It Now 4 days
Nachtfahrt by Kraan (CD, Nov-2000, Funfundvierzig (USA)) US $9.79 Buy It Now 4 days
KRAAN nr mint uk pressed vinyl lp LET IT OUT US $18.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Kraan ?- Starportrait 1978 2LP NM Spiegelei ?Germany INT 155.600 compilation US $36.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kraan Andy Nogger Germany Vinyl LP US $24.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kraan ?- Dancing In The Shade CD NM/NM US $30.00 Buy It Now 5 days
Kraan "Andy Nogger" 1991 Intercord Used CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kraan 2000 EMI Used CD/ Remastered US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kraan-Live German prog cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 6 days
HIGHDELBERG - S/T GERMAN PROG KRAUTROCK LP GUGU GUGU KRAAN CLUSTER US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KRAAN - ANDY NOGGER - NEW CD US $7.26 Buy It Now 6 days
KRAAN mint german pressed vinyl lp WIEDERHOREN US $23.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Kraan Let It Out USA Passport 98015 '75 PROMO 1st rare! US $29.00 Buy It Now 6 days
KRAAN 'LET IT OUT' US IMPORT LP US $32.09 Buy It Now 7 days
PREDMESTJE "Brez Naslova" CD kraan Leb I Sol US $17.66 Buy It Now 7 days
KRAAN let it out LP Record 1975 VG US $19.98 Buy It Now 7 days
Kraan - Nachtfahrt CD (2005) Prog Rock 1982 US $13.63 Buy It Now 7 days
1970'S Newspaper Advert 15x7 (gulp 1009 Album) Kraan, Andy Nogger US $11.24 Buy It Now 8 days
1970'S Newspaper Advert 15x7 Kraan : Andy Nogger Album (gulp 1009) US $11.24 Buy It Now 8 days
KRAAN "Let It Out" Passport Records. #PPSD 98015 Mint 1975 (yellow label promo) US $24.99 Buy It Now 8 days
KRAAN "KRAAN" COOL RARE PROG PSYCH ORIGINAL GERMAN KRAUTROCK 1st LP *NM* US $128.42 Buy It Now 9 days
Kraan Wiederhoren Harvest / EMI 1C064-32110 Krautrock Prog US $17.64 Buy It Now 9 days
Kraan PGA Golf Series - The Full Swing [VHS] [ CD US $13.24 Buy It Now 11 days
Advert 8x12 Kraan on tour in Britain US $12.84 Buy It Now 12 days
KRAAN - ESSENTIAL NEW CD US $15.28 Buy It Now 12 days
KRAAN - ESSENTIAL [KRAAN] [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $11.13 Buy It Now 12 days
KRAAN~LET IT OUT~NEAR MINT~SPIEGELEI IMPORT~GERMANY PRESSING~~ DISCO LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Advert 15x7 Kraan Double Album/Tour US $11.24 Buy It Now 13 days
Kraan - Essential [CD New] US $11.54 Buy It Now 13 days
Let It Out - Kraan New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.53 Buy It Now 13 days
Kraan - Essential CD US $14.14 Buy It Now 13 days
Kraan - Nachtfahrt (2005) CD Deluxe Edition NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $11.19 Buy It Now 13 days
Kraan: "Live" X2 DOUBLE LP SET Record Vinyl Gull GUD 2001/2 RARE!! NM CONDITION! US $54.00 Buy It Now 14 days
KRAAN: Andy Nogger LP PASSPORT RECORDS PPSD98006 US 1975 NM US $15.29 Buy It Now 14 days
KRAAN - ANDY NOGGER -GULL RECORDS ORIGINAL UK 1ST PRESSING US $32.10 Buy It Now 15 days
Kraan - Let it Out LP NM+ 1976 German Krautrock Rock Prog Gold Stamped Promo US $7.00 Buy It Now 15 days
Kraan - Live LP Germany 1978 VG/VG+ gatefold sleeve # Prog US $32.10 Buy It Now 17 days
EX !! Tasty/1975 Gull LP/Seventh Wave/Isotope/Kieran White/Steve Ashley/If/Kraan US $12.83 Buy It Now 17 days
KRAAN - Let It Out - GERMANY ORIGINAL LP 1975 Spiegelei Rare Krautrock US $18.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Various / Gull / Tasty / Kraan / Isotope / Judas Priest / UK 1st LP / NM US $17.64 Buy It Now 18 days
THE GULL FILE LP 70's Prog ISOTOPE Arthur Brown JUDAS PRIEST Seventh Wave KRAAN US $14.92 Buy It Now 19 days
Germany Rundfunk LIMITED Mirror Slv KRAAN Kraut Listen US $22.49 Buy It Now 20 days
Kraan - Kraan/Wintrup [CD New] US $17.98 Buy It Now 21 days
KRAAN-LET IT OUT CD NEW US $14.87 Buy It Now 21 days
KRAAN Wiederhoren LP EMI 1C 064 32 110 Germany 1977 NM- US $23.78 Buy It Now 22 days
KRAAN-wiederhoren '77 GERMAN HARVEST LP ORIG. PROG. US $40.13 Buy It Now 22 days
KRAAN: Live LP (Germany 2 LPs, laminated gatefold cover) rare Rock US $75.00 Buy It Now 23 days
KRAAN: Wiederhoeren (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $25.00 Buy It Now 23 days
KRAAN - NEW CD US $9.07 Buy It Now 24 days
POCOLOCO - SULCU PORCE CZECH mid-70s style PROG JAZZ ROCK ala KRAAN GURU GURU CD US $17.95 Buy It Now 24 days
KRAAN: Let It Out 1975 NEMS LP *Kraut Rock/Prog/Kraftwerk/Neu/Can/Nektar/Fusion* US $19.95 Buy It Now 24 days
KRAAN - CLASSIC ALBUMS NEW CD US $21.06 Buy It Now 24 days
( KRAAN-Wiederhoren)-Krautrock that turned later to fusion/jazz/rock-B4-LP US $22.00 Buy It Now 24 days
KRAAN - LET IT OUT NEW CD US $16.38 Buy It Now 26 days
KRAAN FLYDAY * Blue vinyl * LP from Germany RARE Kraut Rock gem from 1978 US $39.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Kraan-Andy Nogger German prog cd US $10.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Kraan - Let It Out [CD New] US $12.37 Buy It Now 27 days
Kraan - Let it Out - Spiefelei/ Passport Records-PPSD-98015 -Vinyl- STILL SEALED US $25.00 Buy It Now 28 days
KRAAN " ANDY NOGGER " ORIGINAL US PROMO LP 1975 MINT KRAUTROCK US $24.99 Buy It Now 28 days
Kraan - Let It Out CD US $14.98 Buy It Now 28 days
KRAAN - ANDY NOGGER -GULL RECORDS ORIGINAL UK1975 gulp 1009 lp vinyl US $29.70 Buy It Now 29 days
KRAAN "Andy Nogger" LP Passport Prog Krautrock Jazz Conny Plank 1975 VG+ US $8.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy KRAAN music online Buy KRAAN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KRAAN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KRAAN Psychedelic Man ratings distribution

KRAAN Psychedelic Man reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Where is the Psychedelic Man?

This band is fascinating not only because they are on the top for more than 35 years. Studio and live appearances are always differing a lot with KRAAN. If you own the special edition of 'Psychedelic Man' you can hear both facets of the band and therefore it gives a very good overview.

First of all the CD is consisting of 11 new tracks - not very psychedelic as the album title is suggesting. Rather a combination of dynamic fusion and more relaxed, jazzy parts, even sometimes in a chillout mood. Vocals are much better than on other releases. Some songs are if they were dedicated to a wellknown musician resp. band. The guitars are dominating like on every other KRAAN release. Peters Wolbrandt's playing remembers much at the 70s. Together with drummer Jan Fride Helmut Hattler cares for the necessary drive.

Come back sounds like they are hoping to climb into the charts. The song has a simple rhythm and a compatible refrain. Not bad but polished to mainstream (better than any other No.1 hit anyhow). With Silver Buildings Wollbrandt mutates to Randy California and dominates this excellent song. Even the vocals are similar to SPIRIT. Dakkar against is with impressive guitar work but the following Miracle Days somewhat disappoints. Not more than a nice try to play a new BEATLES song.

Title track Psychedelic Man is another dynamic highlight which really contains some psychedelic elements and crazy vocals. A very interesting trippy song indeed with simple but effectual keyboard patterns. Inner Circle with a second bass line and Feierabend are NuJazz/Lounge. I like them very much - relaxed and smooth. Disbanned Shake is a heavy break because this track is a homage to JIMI HENDRIX whereas Colourcave gets very near to the slowtempo part of Nam Nam.

DVD offers 6 songs performed at Finkenbach Festival/Germany in 2005. The band is very concentrated and it's really amazing to watch Hattler's bass playing. Not to compare with the concerts of the first half of the 70s (you have to listen to 'Kraan Live') without keyboards. But nevertheless just an excellent one - Jazz Rock at its best! I always was a fan of KRAAN as a live band and this DVD confirms my expectations. They play the songs with great power, an enormous groove and Ingo Bischof finally is very present and cares for a fusion feeling.

Yaqui Yagua and Vollgas Ahoi have been first released 1977 on 'Wiederhören' when Johannes 'Alto' Pappert had already said goodbye. Both are funky groovy including highspeed jams - fabulous. Kraan Arabia is a live standard of the band. Before it starts Helmut Hattler is remembering at the 70s when many german bands worked together in a special community. Afterwards he introduces Mani Neumeier - known as the drummer of GURU GURU and one of the organizers of the Finkenbach Festival - who has a percussion guest appearance. Bischof substitutes Johannes Pappert's alto sax excellently.

Hallo Ja Ja, I Don't Know starts with the wellknown guitar intro and Borgward convinces with a long and very jazzy keyboard solo. At the end we have a stunning 18 minute Nam Nam at this time with a special fusion touch mainly caused by Bischof. So you might recognize CHICK COREA's RETURN TO FOREVER for a while near the end which then suddenly is replaced by a very short Sarah's Ritt durch den Schwarzwald. Helmut Hattler's trademark is the use of his bass as a solo instrument which he always demonstrates during live gigs.

As for a summary this is an excellent addition if you order the special version. 3 stars for the CD because it is consisting of very good but also some mediocre songs and 5 stars for the DVD offering an excellent live performance to your ears and eyes.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#126266) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 18, 2007

4 stars I'm a big fan of this band but I must admit that apart from this 2007 release I only own their first five albums the last of which was released in 1977. So yes we're talking 30 years between that disc and this one. They have been putting out records in between, I just felt that "Wiederhoren" from 1977 was not nearly as good as the first four albums so I didn't bother to check out their later recordings. So imagine my surprise when I listened to this record for the first time. I think i'll remember that for a long time actually as I sat there with my mouth hanging open. By the way the album cover is too cute.The music is of course different from the early years.There is no sax here and this is much more modern sounding, but it's also very laid back and dreamy much of the time. I just love how this record sounds really.

"Come Back" opens with vocals, bass and drums and is relaxed. We do get outbursts at times and I like the synths 1 1/2 minutes in. "Silver Buildings" is one of my favourite for sure.The first time I heard it it was like a revelation. It's so uplifting and I really like the guitar tone. If I had an I- Pod this would be on it (haha). I can't say enough or explain how it makes me feel. "Dakkar" kicks in quickly and check out Hattler on bass.The man is a genius people. I like when it picks up with keyboards. A very cool sounding instrumental. "Miracle Days" is a lazy, feel good tune with vocals.

"Luft Und Liebe" is brighter and more upbeat, at least to start. It settles in as contrasts continue. Some good sounding guitar and bass here. "Psychedelic Man" opens with some excellent bass and drumming. Vocals join in. A calm late to end it. "Inner Circle" is a top three no doubt. It's dreamy and oh so amazing.The guitar before 3 minutes fits right in. "Disbanned Shake" is surprisingly heavy with distorted guitar as drums pound. It picks up as vocals join in. "Colourcave" has this beat as the guitar comes in beautifully. Another great sounding instrumental. "Alles Gute" is uptempo with some killer bass. "Feierabend" is another feel good, relaxed tune. Synths after 1 1/2 minutes.

I know this isn't for everybody but I just want to thank the band for still making incredible music after all these years.There's a bonus DVD as well of a 2005 concert that will blow your circuits. I'm glad I got this when it first came out because it's a pricey recording right now.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#306076) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, October 21, 2010

3 stars As far as I know, Kraan didn't make anything valuable since Wiederhoren, although their music in the eighties can be acceptable, if no progressive dimension is expected, especially if one keeps in mind the general trend in that time. After 2000. Peter Wolbrandt led-Kraan didn't even try to rev ... (read more)

Report this review (#526457) | Posted by Bilkaim | Sunday, September 18, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Psychedelic Man is the 2nd and last of the ,what I would call the 4th Kraan era. As of 2008 Kraan is now working as a 3 piece.Peter Wolbrandt,Hellmut Hattler and Jan Fride Wolbrandt. Guess to me it means Kraan is entering their 5th era. Ingo Bischof is out,and is just about to release (a very p ... (read more)

Report this review (#185051) | Posted by gr8dane | Wednesday, October 08, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KRAAN "Psychedelic Man"