MASTERPIECE OF BITTERNESS

Experimental/Post Metal

Solstafir Masterpiece Of Bitterness album cover

Buy SOLSTAFIR Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. I Myself the Visionary Head (19:58)
2. Nature Strutter (9:26)
3. Bloodsoaked Velvet (5:21)
4. Ljósfari (8:58)
5. Ghosts of Light (8:47)
6. Ritual of Fire (14:32)
7. Náttfari (3:16)

Search SOLSTAFIR Masterpiece Of Bitterness lyrics

Search SOLSTAFIR Masterpiece Of Bitterness tabs

- Ađalbjörn Tryggvason / guitar, vocals
- Guđmundur Óli Pálmason / drums
- Svavar Austman / bass
- Sćţór M. Sćţórsson / guitar

Spikefarm Records, Naula 072-987427-2

Thanks to avestin for the addition

SOLSTAFIR MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SOLSTAFIR Masterpiece Of Bitterness Music

Season of Mist 2013
Masterpiece of BitternessMasterpiece of Bitterness
Svart 2013
Vinyl$26.49
Svartir Sandar by Solstafir (2011) Audio CDSvartir Sandar by Solstafir (2011) Audio CD
Season Of Mist
SOLSTAFIR - MASTERPIECE OF BITTERNESS NEW CD US $21.63 Buy It Now 21h 39m
Solstafir - Kld NEW CD US $14.33 Buy It Now 22h 6m
SOLSTAFIR - I BLODI OG ANDA (IN) (BLOOD) (AND) (SPIRIT) (-) (2002) NEW VINYL US $39.41 Buy It Now 1 day
Solstafir - Masterpiece Of Bitterness [CD New] US $15.05 Buy It Now 1 day
SOLSTAFIR - KOLD NEW CD US $18.56 Buy It Now 3 days
K ld Solstafir CD US $12.98 Buy It Now 3 days
SOLSTAFIR - SVARTIR SANDAR [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD BOXSET US $11.76 Buy It Now 3 days
Solstafir - K?ld - 1763981 US $16.94 Buy It Now 3 days
Solstafir - Kold [CD New] US $11.48 Buy It Now 3 days
Solstafir - Kold (Music CD) US $25.12 Buy It Now 4 days
Solstafir - Kold (Music CD) US $25.52 Buy It Now 4 days
Solstafir - I Blo?I Og Anda (In Blood & Spirit-2 [Vinyl New] US $26.98 Buy It Now 4 days
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar (Music CD) US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Solstafir - I Blooi og Anda (In Blood and Spirit) (Music CD) US $36.99 Buy It Now 4 days
SOLSTAFIR**IN BLOOD AND SPIRIT**2 CD SET US $13.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar CD US $25.93 Buy It Now 5 days
Solstafir Kold 2009 CD Post Rock Experimental Metal Music Album Brand New US $18.49 Buy It Now 7 days
SOLSTAFIR - K"LD - NEW CD US $8.50 Buy It Now 7 days
SOLSTAFIR - MASTERPIECE OF BITTERNESS - NEW CD US $12.07 Buy It Now 7 days
Solstafir - I Blodi og Anda + demos 2CD 2013 In Blood and Spirit reissue US $14.95 Buy It Now 8 days
Masterpiece of Bitterness by Solstafir (CD, Nov-2005, Spikefarkm) US $12.93 Buy It Now 10 days
K”ld by Solstafir (CD, Feb-2009, Spinefarm Records) US $9.46 Buy It Now 10 days
Svartir Sandar - 2 DISC SET - Solstafir (2011, CD New) US $9.09 Buy It Now 10 days
Solstafir vinyl I Blodi og anda Season of Mist 316 metal thrash IMPORT baroness US $29.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Solstafir RED vinyl svartir sandar Season of Mist 247 metal thrash IMPORT 500 US $39.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Svartir Sandar [Digipak] * by Solstafir (CD, Oct-2011, 2 Discs, Season of Mist) US $10.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Masterpiece of Bitterness - Solstafir, Solstafir, New Import US $19.02 Buy It Now 11 days
Solstafir - In Blood & And Spirit (NEW 2CD) US $27.32 Buy It Now 12 days
I Blodi Og Anda [in Blood and Spirit - 2002] by Solstafir (CD, Nov-2013,... US $11.06 Buy It Now 13 days
SOLSTAFIR - IN BLOOD AND SPIRIT - SOM316 US $27.98 Buy It Now 14 days
I Blo?I Og Anda (In Blood & Spirit-2 - Solstafir (2013, CD New) US $8.77 Buy It Now 15 days
Solstafir - I Blo?I Og Anda (In Blood & Spirit-2 [CD New] US $14.08 Buy It Now 15 days
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar (2012) - New - Long Play Record US $23.34 Buy It Now 15 days
LONG DISTANCE CALLING + SOLSTAFIR + SAHG - Glasgow march 2013 concert/gig poster US $13.44 Buy It Now 15 days
Svartir Sandar Solstafir CD US $11.78 Buy It Now 16 days
I Blooi Og Anda Solstafir Vinyl LP US $25.98 Buy It Now 16 days
Solstafir: In Blood And Spirit + Demos 2 CD Set 2013 Season Of Mist SOM 316 NEW US $14.95 Buy It Now 17 days
the true ENDLESS / MEPHISTO Split CD solstafir inferno US $13.46 Buy It Now 18 days
Solstafir - I Bloi Og Anda (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $11.11 Buy It Now 18 days
SOLSTAFIR - SVARTIR SANDAR - SOM247 US $30.43 Buy It Now 20 days
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar (NEW CD) US $27.32 Buy It Now 20 days
Solstafir - Svartir Sandar [CD New] US $14.74 Buy It Now 21 days
SOLSTAFIR - Köld / ORG PROMO CD 2008 Falkenbach Negura Bunget Ulver Einherjer US $24.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Masterpiece of Bitterness Solstafir CD US $12.09 Buy It Now 22 days
SOLSTAFIR - I BLODI OG ANDA (IN) (BLOOD) (AND) (SPIRIT) (-) (2002) NEW CD US $19.33 Buy It Now 22 days
Solstafir - I Bloi Og Anda (2013) - Used - Compact Disc US $8.88 Buy It Now 24 days
Solstafir - I Blodi og Anda (In Blood and Spirit) 2CD Agalloch Primordial Code US $22.00 Buy It Now 25 days
I Blodi Og Anda Solstafir CD US $11.09 Buy It Now 26 days
SOLSTAFIR EMBROIDERED LOGO VIKING BLACK METAL PATCH US $6.65 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy SOLSTAFIR music online Buy SOLSTAFIR & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SOLSTAFIR DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SOLSTAFIR Masterpiece Of Bitterness ratings distribution

SOLSTAFIR Masterpiece Of Bitterness reviews

Review by avestin
3 stars Psychedelic brutality

Heavy, aggressive, raw, angry, dark, repetitive, hypnotic, mesmerizing, psychedelic. Bitter? All of these words can serve as good descriptions for the music that Solstafir plays on this album.

Sólstafir is an Icelandic band that was created in 1994 and went through several phases and demo, promo and EP releases up to the point of releasing their first full-length in 2002 and this one, their second, in 2005. Sólstafir provides a listening experience that's based on mood, power and "tripping out" with the music and not on technical playing, complexity or virtuosity. If you want to know more about the background of the band, you're welcome to read the bio I've written for them in their page in Prog Archives. Made up of 7 songs, mostly long, with the opener being almost 20 minutes, this album can be exhausting (in a good way) and one needs to be in a proper mood to absorb its entire 70 minutes. The length, however, doesn't mean the songs harbor diversity or are complex epics; rather it should tell you of their inclination to create lengthy metallic freakout. At times it sounds like long repetitive and endless jams. That is, they go on for quite a while in their hypnotic riffing (which can be either slow or fast), and thus create a particular mood that can serve as a good companion to chill out or float away with your thoughts; that is until Ađalbjörn Tryggvason, the vocalist, resumes his screams. The vocals are mostly harsh screaming which to me seem to fit the music quite well, although at times can be too much or out of place; they complete very well the feel of the music and add to the intensity level. The thing is that when they're jamming or more accurately in their trance mode, it can be a bit tedious and too long; but when they garner up speed and energy, it's fabulous. Their dynamic side is impossible for me to ignore or let go by unnoticed; it's too thrilling and catchy and makes me shake my head or legs. Add to that the heaviness of their music and it can be a crushing experience. The guitars come crumbling down on my ears unmercifully and raw sounding, enhanced by the aforementioned vocals and with the blasting drums, one gets an ear a "devastating" listening experience. There are songs like Ljósfari, which have a haunting catchy melodic peak (yes, melodic). Those are great moments in the album, though not found often enough in my opinion.

A Masterpiece Of Bitterness is an angry album; it's heavy and raw. It's a great album to let loose your energies with. It's powerful and can be almost hypnotic in the parts where they play those ongoing riffs continuously. It's an effective and well made metal release but not an outstanding one. I do enjoy listening to it but there are some flaws as I mentioned in the review that prevent me from enjoying it more, such as some over-repetitiveness. I also think they should introduce more variety into their songs; there are places where I feel they could have gone further on and develop the theme or idea more and make the song more interesting and thus even more compelling to listen to.

I'm intrigued to see whether the band's next album will be in a similar vein or will they progress from this point onwards.

3.5 stars

Send comments to avestin (BETA) | Report this review (#176310) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 07, 2008

Post a review of SOLSTAFIR "Masterpiece Of Bitterness"