YOU HAD IT COMING

Studio Album, released in 2001

1. Earthquake (3:18)
2. Roy's Toy (3:35)
3. Dirty Mind (3:50)
4. Rollin' And Tumblin' (3:12)
5. Nadia (3:50)

- Randy Hope-Taylor / bass
- Steve Alexander / drums
- Aiden Love / programming

Epic

Thanks to Slartibartfast for the addition

JEFF BECK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JEFF BECK You Had It Coming Music

You Had It ComingYou Had It Coming
SBME SPECIAL MKTS. 2008
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (2008-03-01)You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (2008-03-01)
SBME SPECIAL MKTS.
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (2000-11-15)You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (2000-11-15)
Epic Japan
You Had It Coming by JEFF BECK (2015-04-22)You Had It Coming by JEFF BECK (2015-04-22)
Imports
You Had It Coming by Sbme Special Mkts. (2008-03-01)You Had It Coming by Sbme Special Mkts. (2008-03-01)
Sbme Special Mkts. (2008-03-01)
You Had It ComingYou Had It Coming
Imports 2015

JEFF BECK "YOU HAD IT COMING" AS NEW CD USD $4.58 Buy It Now
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (CD, Nov-2000, Epic (USA)) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 12h 57m
Jeff Beck You Had It Coming Japan CD USD $19.99 Buy It Now 20h 23m
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck CD - 1 CENT CD USD $0.01 [1 bids]
JEFF BECK "YOU HAD IT COMING" CD[2001] [NEW/SEALED] USD $11.23 Buy It Now 1 day
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (CD, Feb-2001, Epic (USA)) USD $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
JEFF BECK YOU HAD IT COMING JAPAN AUTHENTIC BLU SPEC CD NEW OOP EICP-20028 USD $23.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming (CD 2002) NEW CD USD $4.74 Buy It Now 4 days
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck USD $16.49 Buy It Now 4 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming CD USD $6.55 Buy It Now 4 days
JEFF BECK / You Had It Coming CD JAPAN OBI RARE ESCA-8232 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
JEFF BECK - You Had it Coming (CD 2001) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6 days
You Had It Coming [Jeff Beck] New CD USD $7.69 Buy It Now 6 days
JEFF BECK "YOU HAD IT COMING" CD [NEW/SEALED] USD $11.23 Buy It Now 6 days
CD ALBUM Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming USD $1.31 [0 bids]
Jeff Beck: You Had It Coming (CD, Epic (USA)) USD $7.95 Buy It Now 8 days
JEFF BECK-YOU HAD IT COMING-JAPAN BLU-SPEC CD2 D73 USD $21.50 Buy It Now 9 days
You Had It Coming Jeff Beck CD album (CDLP) Japanese promo ESCA-8232 EPIC USD $36.02 Buy It Now 9 days
Jeff Beck You Had It Coming - CD Compact Disc USD $6.75 Buy It Now 11 days
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (CD, Epic (USA)) USD $10.98 Buy It Now 12 days
You Had It Coming Jeff Beck Excellent Cd Album USD $6.55 Buy It Now 12 days
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (CD, Epic (USA)) USD $4.07 Buy It Now 13 days
You Had It Coming - Jeff Beck (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.42 Buy It Now 13 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming [CD New] USD $7.70 Buy It Now 13 days
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck (CD, Feb-2001, Epic (USA)) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 13 days
JEFF BECK "You Had It Coming" Epic/EK 61625 NEW (CD) USD $11.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Jeff Beck " You Had It Coming " (Brand New CD) USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming [CD New] 4988010823283 USD $35.99 Buy It Now 15 days
2 Cd's - Jeff Beck, Blow by Blow, You Had It Coming USD $8.99 Buy It Now 16 days
Jeff Beck YOU HAD IT COMING 10trk cd USD $5.23 Buy It Now 19 days
JEFF BECK - YOU HAD IT COMING 2001 UK CD * NEW * USD $6.54 Buy It Now 20 days
Jeff Beck You Had It Coming CD USD $14.95 Buy It Now 20 days
Jeff Beck: You Had It Coming NEW CD USD $7.98 Buy It Now 20 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming CD (2001) Rock Blues USD $10.86 Buy It Now 21 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming CD (Sony 2000 -Import) - LIKE NEW! USD $1.95 Buy It Now 21 days
You Had It Coming - Jeff Beck (CD 2001) Excellent Condition FREE Shipping USD $6.19 Buy It Now 22 days
Jeff Beck : You Had It Coming CD USD $3.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming (2002) USD $3.65 Buy It Now 22 days
JEFF BECK YOU HAD IT COMING CD MADE IN BRAZIL 1st PRESS 2000 SONY MUSIC RARE USD $28.49 Buy It Now 23 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming (NEW CD) USD $7.52 Buy It Now 23 days
JEFF BECK - You Had It Coming - CD Album USD $2.28 Buy It Now 23 days
Jeff Beck - You Had It Coming Japan ver. USD $12.00 Buy It Now 24 days
Jeff Beck: You Had It Coming [Blu-spec CD2] (Japan) USD $30.09 Buy It Now 24 days
You Had It Coming by Jeff Beck ** Sealed CD (2000) USD $5.23 Buy It Now 25 days
You Had It Coming 5099750101827 by Jeff Beck, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P USD $8.32 Buy It Now 26 days
JEFF BECK : YOU HAD IT COMING (CD) sealed USD $8.89 Buy It Now 28 days
Jeff Beck : You Had It Coming CD (2001) USD $5.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy JEFF BECK music online Buy JEFF BECK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JEFF BECK DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JEFF BECK You Had It Coming ratings distribution

JEFF BECK You Had It Coming reviews

Review by Chris S
3 stars Excellent to see Jeff Beck included on Progressive Archives. It is hard however to not over rate such an incredible guitarist because nearly everything he releases is jaw droppingly good.This 2001 release is no exception and I rate this as one of his best albums. ' Roy's Toy' is incredible with an almost derranged beat and drum delivered by Steve Alexander. Beck's guitar work is nothing short of mesmerizing.' Dirty Mind' is another great song, nothing lacking in it's suggestive overtones either and great vocal work from Imogen Heap.' Blackbird' is another very clever instrumental. I am surprised he has not released anything else since 2001, but this is by far one of his best albums.Three and a half stars actually!
Review by Neu!mann
4 stars Who says an old dog can't be taught new tricks?

Guitar legend and musical chameleon Jeff Beck met the 21st century head on with a new sound to match the new millennium: part techno grunge, part industrial electronica, but without ever sacrificing the patented lyricism of his distinctive guitar style.

The album is only 36 minutes long, but packs a lot into its all-too brief length. Most of it is instrumental, ranging from the aptly titled opening salvo "Earthquake" (having lived through a few during my childhood in Northern California, I can vouch for the song's unsettling sense of power) to the lush ambient chillout of the album closer, "Suspension". In between is the aggressive Harley-Davidson hip-hop of "Roy's Toy"; some gorgeous East Indian motifs (in "Nadia"); and lots of raw, effects-heavy soloing (I'm thinking in particular of the rocket-fueled instrumental "Loose Cannon", a personal favorite).

And before you accuse Beck of completely abandoning his musical roots, lend an ear to the more traditional blues of "Rollin' and Tumblin'". The song dates back to the days of Hambone Willie Newbern, and has since been covered by (I'm sure among many others) Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton, and The Grateful Dead. But here it's updated with enough testosterone to fuel a small sports car, and graced by the appropriately soulful vocals of Imogen Heap (recorded in a single take, I'm told).

Fans of the guitarist's older blues and fusion recordings might not be ready to appreciate his latest change in direction. But the album (and his self-titled 2003 follow-up) should appeal to the same forward-thinking listeners who applauded the V-drum improvisations of the more recent KING CRIMSON. Personally speaking, here's one old dog ready to roll over for music like this any day.

Review by admireArt
5 stars That explains the crowd!

I suppose Jeff Beck was inducted into PA"s files, in his "Blow by Blow" jazzy/funky/fusion?, era, and yes maybe Rock. I couldn't think of a less Jazz/Fusion Jeff Beck record, after the Jazz period, than this one, my favorite Jeff Beck record by the way.

"You Had It Coming" 2001, is touched by those kind of muses that turn every single note into something magnificent. Each song holds its own personality, but it is also perfectly "understood" as a whole concept.

Instead of going on a song by song description, which somehow is always futile, I'll try to explain what goes on in this beauty.

For starters, as mentioned it is flawless, if by that we understand, no mili-second is wasted. Jeff Beck since his Yardbrds' years, always stood apart when it comes to guitar "sound effects' that could enhance his aspirations as a composer or as an extraordinary performer. (I myself, admire Jeff Beck the guitar player, not necessarily Jeff Beck the composer, to set things into perspective), therefore another major attribute this project holds is the most refined and trend-setting guitar effects you can imagine, in the hands of a virtuoso of course. Next we have the primary part, of any album, that I will recommend as "masterwork" , I have listened to this album since it was released, at least 50 times, and it still holds my enthusiasm, as the same day a friend presented it to me. It has not aged, opposite to that it gets better and still trend-setting!!

Here we go! From Electronica Hard Metal Rock, to high strung Rockabilly, to his guitar experiments and explorations (explotations) filled with sexual nitty gritty inuendos, to his famous "space-boogies", to his dexterity with the acoustic sister, to extremely touching electric guitar symphonic pieces (to call them somehow). Whew!! (the whole album lasts less than 40 minutes, which also explains why there is no place for fillers or gaps.)

So we get the best of Jeff Beck, as performer but also Jeff Beck's best, songwriting wise. And of course with its usual extreme dossages of highlights of peak beauty to down to the bottom pits emotions. With the "greasy, rebelious, misfit" attitude this fellow is well known for.

*****5 PA stars, in accordance that more than prog or jazz or rock, this is simply a Jeff Beck's masterpiece!

Review by Magnum Vaeltaja
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
Magnum Vaeltaja avatar
3 stars In a similar vein as his previous release "Who Else", Jeff Beck once again strays from his jazz fusion roots to deliver an eclectic hard rock/pseudo-techno setlist.

Jeff Beck is one of the great creative minds of our time and it certainly shows on this record. The album's ten tracks draw from various different musical styles, from blues to electronica to metal, but are all united by a common electronic production and use of techno song structure and effects. The album is completely instrumental save for the 12-bar number "Rollin' And Tumblin'", which features vocals from Imogen Heap. The end result isn't especially progressive but it's definitely worth a listen. "You Had It Coming" will appeal mostly to fans of guitar wizards like Satriani, Vai, Johnson, etc, who will love its good use of instrumental effects and strong soloing. My only qualm with the album is that, while it's satisfying while you listen to it, doesn't really stick with you afterwards, with the exception of the exceptional uptempo ballad "Nadia", one of Beck's most touching guitar performances. A solid but non-essential release.

3 stars I happened to come across this CD at my local library and I naturally went for it. My wife and I both listened to it and we liked it a lot. It is heavy and so what if it has a techno feel to it. It is good in spite of that. "Earthquake" will kick you right in the teeth. Jeff does some amazing ... (read more)

Report this review (#278727) | Posted by Keetian | Tuesday, April 20, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This is the second of three straight releases where Jeff Beck blends his always innovative guitar approach to the rythms of electronica, industrial, and a little bit of hip hop for good measure. He actually put this album together quickly as it followed on the heels of "Who Else" and unlike h ... (read more)

Report this review (#123195) | Posted by madgo2 | Wednesday, May 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of JEFF BECK "You Had It Coming"