MUSIC FROM LEFT FIELD

Buy CARTOON Music
Studio Album, released in 1983

1. Quotes (15:33)
2. Bedlam (4:47)
3. Light In August (5:44)
4. Scherzo (3:40)
5. Bottom Of The Ninth (4:04)
6. Trio

Search CARTOON Music From Left Field lyrics

Search CARTOON Music From Left Field tabs

- Scott Brazieal / keyboards
- Mark Innocenti / guitars
- Gary Parra / percussion
- Herbert Diamant / woodwinds
- Craig Fry / violin, French horn

LP 12-Tone Productions (1983)

Note: Tracklist taken from "Sortie", which has "Trio" missing from it, so I cannot add the timing for this track.

Thanks to Geck0 for the addition

CARTOON MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy CARTOON Music From Left Field Music

Chapel SessionsChapel Sessions
CD Baby 2010
JETHRO TULL whistler 7" b/w strip cartoon (chs2135) pic sleeve uk chrysalis 1977 US $32.05 Buy It Now 1h 29m
AQUA-CARTOON HEROES THE BEST OF AQUA-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h 21m
Cartoon Sing-Along Featuring : The emera DVD US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 54m
Aqua Cartoon Heroes Ultimate 5 Track Remix Remixes CD Single 32 Minute NEW US $7.04 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion - Music CD US $8.20 Buy It Now 3h 22m
The Pickwick Orchestra(7" Vinyl)TV Cartoon Themes-Pickwick-MP 9020-UK-VG+/Ex US $16.55 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Space Ghost's Surf & Turf: 22 Tiki-Torched Tunes, CD 1998, BRAK, ZORAK, CARTOON US $2.99 [0 bids]
4h
Cartoon Heroes [CD 1] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Aqua US $19.07 Buy It Now 4h 44m
Cartoon Heroes [CD 1] [Single] [Maxi] [Audio CD] Aqua US $9.53 Buy It Now 4h 44m
?KOREA LP/Anime Cartoon movie Theme Song Collection /Vol. 3/1977 US $24.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Life in Cartoon Motion, Mika, Acceptable US $2.12 Buy It Now 5h 4m
MIKA/Ltd Edition/CD Platinum Disc Record/LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION US $124.26 Buy It Now 5h 12m
CARTOON CONCERTO Bruce Broughton PROMO CD w/ ROGER RABBIT + TINY TOONS Ltd RARE! US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
MADONNA - WHO'S THAT GIRL 12" CARTOON COLOUR DISC + POP UP SLEEVE + POSTER US $81.20 Buy It Now 7h 23m
MADONNA - WHO'S THAT GIRL 12" CARTOON PICTURE DISC + POP UP SLEEVE + POSTER US $81.20 Buy It Now 7h 25m
WOLFSBANE after midnight 12" 4 trk with cartoon biography b/w idol, win or lose US $8.27 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Vtg 1980 Chipmunk Punk Pop Rock Cartoon Kids Novelty Album Record Vinyl LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
Vtg 1969 Walt Disney Land Haunted Mansion & Cartoon Book Record Album Vinyl LP US $32.00 [5 bids]
ORBITING ESKIMO DANCE SOCIETY swing and move 12" 4 trk lws cartoon mix (umm204) US $8.27 Buy It Now 8h 54m
PINK PANTHER PARTY TIME LP Kid Stuff 1981 GD+/VG Made Canada CARTOON CHARACTER US $6.74 Buy It Now 9h 30m
Mika : Life in Cartoon Motion CD (2007) US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 32m
The Hollywood Edge Cartoon Trax 5 CD Set Free Shipping US $0.99 [1 bids]
GENE LONDON Walking Talking Christmas Tree 45 US Phila kids TV Cartoon Corners US $50.00 Buy It Now 10h 19m
QUEEN Rock band limited Print Cartoon caricature Gift idea A4 US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 26m
ROLLING STONES Blue Limited Print cartoon caricature Gift idea NEW A4 US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 31m
LED ZEPPELIN Limited Print Cartoon caricature Gift idea A4 US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 34m
THE WHO Print cartoon caricature Gift idea NEW A4 US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 39m
BUDDY HOLLY Limited Print Cartoon caricature Gift idea A4 US $6.61 Buy It Now 10h 44m
STAN FREBERG "FACE THE FUNNIES" VERT COOL CARTOON COVER LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
MAGOO IN HI-FI Rare JIM BACKUS LP Cartoon Soundtrack Mono RCA Victor LPM-1362 DG US $39.99 Buy It Now 11h 5m
(CK48) Mika, Life In Cartoon Motion - 2007 DJ CD US $10.11 Buy It Now 12h 21m
saturday morning cartoon's limited edition cassette ramones butthole surfers US $24.99 [0 bids]
13h
TWINKEYZ ESP Cartoon Land PS Colored Vinyl '78 mint- US $19.99 Buy It Now 13h 41m
ODDBALL Decca Kids LP ADVENTURES IN RESTING Vol. 2 JANE CONE Fun Cover Cartoon US $9.00 [0 bids]
AN DJ Pon-3 My Little Pony New Cartoon 1 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
AN DJ Pon-3 My Little Pony New Cartoon 2 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
AN DJ Pon-3 My Little Pony New Cartoon 3 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 39m
AN DJ Pon-3 My Little Pony New Cartoon 4 t-shirt (longsleve & hoodie available) US $23.99 Buy It Now 17h 40m
01 Pierce The Veil band funny cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 18m
One Direction 1D happy cartoon excellent black t-shirt S-XL size #06 US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 23m
Sleeping With Sirens cute cartoon black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 18h 24m
Children's full-rim optical frame eyeglasses with cartoon printing saddle(5210) US $11.99 Buy It Now 22h 6m
MIKA-LIFE IN CARTOON MOTION-JAPAN SHM-CD D50 US $20.99 Buy It Now 22h 11m
CARTOON BREAKS VOL 2 LP free shipping 1 Tom & Jerry Dragon Ball Z GI Joe US $99.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
Aqua Cartoon Heroes 5 Tracks EP Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE US $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
Cartoon Classics You Love [CD New] US $3.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Singapore Ling Su Hui ??? & The SILVERSTONES band with rare CARTOON RECORD EP US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
10 VINTAGE MERCURY 78RPM 10" RECORD SLEEVE CARTOON EDDIE USED w VOGUE DISCS LOT US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELVIS PRESLEY The Sun Sessions 1976 RCA APK1-1675 Cartoon Box (RARE) ROCK US $8.95 [0 bids]
Popeye the Sailor Man LP Peter Pan 8184 Childrens Cartoon Vinyl Record SEALED US $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cartoon Heroes, Pt. 1 [Germany CD Single] [Single] by Aqua (CD, Mar-2000, Umd) US $4.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Bernardo Sassetti - Unreal: Sidewalk Cartoon [CD New] US $15.41 Buy It Now 1 day
LIMP BIZKIT cartoon heads oval shape 1999 - EMBROIDERED IRON/SEW ON PATCH import US $5.78 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy CARTOON music online Buy CARTOON & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for CARTOON DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

CARTOON Music From Left Field ratings distribution

CARTOON Music From Left Field reviews

Review by Atavachron
4 stars A slight departure from their first release and a determined progression forward, American avant- garders Cartoon slam their fist onto the prog table with 'Music From Left Field', their aptly-titled second album from 1983. Craig Fry (violin), Herb Diamant (woodwinds), the tin foil drums of Gary Parra, Mark Innocenti's dirty guitar and Scott Brazieal's unhinged piano devour the 15-minute opener 'Quotes', setting this album's frantic tone. A piece that on its own could satisfy any prog gourmet, full of continual variance, gutted melodies, decompositions, clattering street noise, orchestral tunings, Scott Joplin ragtime, John Lennon, Bartok, the Twilight Zone, children's lullabys and creepy cartoon themes. As if that weren't enough to satisfy, 'Bedlam' follows and calms things a bit to let us digest before it goes down a troubled path of dissonance and manic fever. Cartoon's music is both indefinable and deeply disturbed, splitting apart at any opportunity like a crazed man running off half-naked into the street, chased by the screaming harpies in his head. 'Light in August' keeps up the urgency and demented pace, and 'Scherzo' is a tortured soul wanting out of a madhouse that may or may not exist in a world of carousels that go too fast and clowns that smell bad... this is a place for neither children nor adults but no matter how hard you try, you can't find your way out. There are animals too, moustached vendors, dwarfs, geeks, slow children at play, small men in hats and fat women in wigs, all attending this freakshow of an album. Fever-pitched, not for the faint hearted, smashing good stuff.

Send comments to Atavachron (BETA) | Report this review (#125879) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, June 15, 2007

4 stars For CARTOON's second and final release they have added a violinist and woodwind player. In my opinion this one is not quite as good as the debut, but it's still excellent. It's really sad though that this great band called it quits back in the eighties. So talented. After this album was released it received great reviews, and the band started getting invites to go to Europe. So they decided to do a small tour over there. It was a huge success as they played in festivals with Christian Vander, John Greaves and many other like-minded bands. They even got to jam back stage with UNIVERS ZERO and listened to the yet unreleased ART ZOYD ballet. They were on top of the world, that is until someone stole the van they were renting and all their instruments, LPs, audio gear and clothes that were in it. It was all gone. Gone too was the spirit to carry on, they would never play again.

"Quotes" is the 15 1/2 minute epic and opening track. It opens with synths and lots of atmosphere as the sound builds. This is heavenly. It changes before 3 1/2 minutes in to a soundscape of intricate sounds that come and go. Piano, violin and drums end up leading the way 5 1/2 minutes in. I like the aggressive guitar a minute later. A change again 7 minutes in as the melody stops and we get lots of atmosphere. Flute, violin then piano 10 minutes in. It gets a little crazy before we get a great sound 13 minutes in. It ends in a haunting manner. "Bedlam" opens with funny vocal sounds. Love the intricate collage that follows, an incredible sounding melody. A weird steady noise sort of hums until the intricate melody returns before 3 minutes. Random sounds take over, then our melody is back again.

"Light In August" is dark and scary. Bass, French horn and synths are prominant. The tempo picks up after 1 1/2 minutes as the guitar comes in ripping it up. Nice. It then becomes very UNIVERS ZERO-like with the darkness, percussion and overall sound. Violin before 3 1/2 minutes. The guitar is back after 4 minutes as drums pound away. "Scherzo" sounds like they are having lots of fun with these incredible yet cartoonish melodies. "Bottom Of The Ninth" has a good melody, and I really like the sound of the guitar before a minute. It turns dark 1 1/2 minutes in without a melody until the previous one returns a minute later. Outbreaks of drums as keys are played before 3 1/2 minutes. People are yelling funny things in the background to end the song.

In the liner notes they say that this record was improvised to a preconceived form. A must for fans of Avant-gard music.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#188482) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 09, 2008

Post a review of CARTOON "Music From Left Field"