VIOLINI D' AUTUNNO

- Dario Guidotti / flute, harmonica, guitar, vocals
- Aldo Gargano / bass, guitar

Mellow Records

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to Joolz for the last updates

JUMBO MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy JUMBO Violini D' Autunno Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Dd Y Ponle PlayDd Y Ponle Play
Vietato Ai Minori Di 1Vietato Ai Minori Di 1
Btf 2008
Gran PanoramicoGran Panoramico
Sony Mexico

More places to buy JUMBO music online Buy JUMBO & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for JUMBO DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

JUMBO Violini D' Autunno ratings distribution

JUMBO Violini D' Autunno reviews

Review by Sagichim
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
1 stars Not how I would like to remember Jumbo.

I can't believe this is the same band who released DNA and Vietato ai Minori di 18 Anni. What in god's name happened to Jumbo? and what were they thinking?? Ok, There are hundreds of bands especially in that time that were not interested in making prog anymore, that's fine, but releasing an album like this is simply embarrassing. I had to check out the lineup before I slay this album and surprisingly enough it's almost the same line up responsible for releasing one of my top favorite italian prog albums Vietato ai Minori di 18 Anni. After splitting up a few years after its release, the band reunited in 1983 and recorded this album which was released in 1992 by Mellow records.

This is not a prog rock album, not by any strech. This is mainly amateurish pop rock with some funk elements sprinkled on top. There are two main problems here making this album hard to digest. Poor material and horrible sound quality. The album's material ranges from bad to embarrassing to mediocare at best. All instruments were poorly recorded and poorly mixed especially guitars and drums, The album's sound is muddy and overall sounds bad which is quite surprising for 1983 and for a band with already a recording experience. Vocals by Alvaro Fella are in italian as usual except for the album's opener "JC" sung in heavy accented english. It's a tribute song for John Coltrane's A Love Supreme (hence its name), taking the main theme and interpreted to a rocky version, nice but also quite embarrassing too. The CD version offers the same song recorded live with even a worse sound quality (imagine that). "Willi" could be the best song here with some cool guitar playing by original guitar player Pupo Bianchini, far from anything essential though. There are no solos (except for one or two), no interludes or any interesting breaks that could remind us the old and fascinating Jumbo of the 70's. There are few nice parts here and there but the material overall is pretty bland and uninspired. The worst song here which could easily win the 1983 worst song competition is "Balla Ballerina", when they start to sing "balla balla.....balla ballerina" I just gotta hit that skip button....and fast.

I'm sorry to slay this album so much, I really do, I still hold a special place for Jumbo in my heart, but as you already understand by now this would appeal only to completionists (like me). Those very few mediocare parts doesn't manage to save this album from being a total disaster or doesn't even grant it with a second star. It is sad to see this is Jumbo's last attempt at making music but it is what it is. 1.5 stars.

Send comments to Sagichim (BETA) | Report this review (#919019) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 25, 2013

Post a review of JUMBO "Violini D' Autunno"