TRUE COLOURS

Produced and Engineered by David Tickle

2006 Remaster Bonus Tracks:
Things*
Two of a Kind*

Remastered by Eddie Rayner and Adrien Stucky at Bignote Studios Australia March/April 2006

Thanks to cheesecakemouse for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ True Colours Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Universal UK 2003
Time & TideTime & Tide
Mushroom Records 2007
CROWDED HOUSE self titled CD, 1987, Neil Finn, Split Enz US $2.99 Buy It Now 37m 7s
SPLIT ENZ -- CONFLICTING EMOTIONS CASSETTE TAPE US $6.50 Buy It Now 54m 3s
SPLIT ENZ: True Colours (rock & pop LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
SPLIT ENZ: History Never Repeats (the Best Of Split Enz) (rock & pop LP) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Split Enz ?True Colours 1980 A&M SP-4822 NM Vinyl VG+ Sleeve US $4.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz ?Waiata 1981 A&M SP 3255 VG+ Vinyl VG+ Sleeve US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions RARE JAPAN AIM+ CD 1980s AUDIO MASTER PLUS SERIES US $28.10 Buy It Now 4h 16m
SPLIT ENZ True Colours RARE UK CD 2002 OOP ORIGINAL US $14.04 Buy It Now 4h 16m
BRAINWAVES Brainwaves RARE AUSSIE 12" SINGLE 1986 CROWDED HOUSE / SPLIT ENZ US $46.83 Buy It Now 4h 16m
RADIO FREE AMERICA LP 1984 Promo Split Enz Romeo Void Art Of Noise w/ Cuesheet US $6.99 [0 bids]
Frenzy by Split Enz (CD, 2007, Mushroom Records) Remastered RARE US $50.00 [0 bids]
LIKE NEW SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS CASSETTE TAPE HARD TO FIND US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 4m
SPLIT ENZ six months in a leaky boat G/VG JAPAN AMP-747 | 13-1115-104 US $11.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
LIKE NEW SPLIT ENZ FRENZY CASSETTE TAPE US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Split Enz Living Enz Canada Gatefold Live SEALED NEW Crowded House Finn Brothers US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 49m
Neil Finn 'One All' ex Crowded House Split Enz CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
Finn Brothers s/t from Crowded House Split Enz Neil Finn Promo CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
SCHNELL FENSTER - 12" - SINGLE - THIS ILLUSION - SPLIT ENZ US $18.73 Buy It Now 7h 40m
SPLIT ENZ-The Collection 1973-1984-2 x LP-1986 Concept G/Fold Australian-CC 0050 US $60.90 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Split Enz - Corroboree CD US $23.74 Buy It Now 10h 31m
VINYL LP - SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS - AMLH 64822 US $15.10 Buy It Now 14h 59m
1976 - SPLIT ENZ - Mental Notes + UK Tour Dates - Press Advert - Poster Size US $15.10 Buy It Now 15h 16m
SPLIT ENZ TRU COLOURS LP 586 US $8.99 Buy It Now 15h 23m
THE BEGINNING OF THE ENZ_SPLIT ENZ_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.37 Buy It Now 15h 31m
SPLIT ENZ ~ DIZRYTHMIA ~ 1977 UK 9-TRACK LP RECORD + INSERT ~ CHRYSALIS CHR 1145 US $15.11 Buy It Now 15h 39m
TIM FINN Tim Finn Self-Titled S/T CD BRAND NEW Crowded House Split Enz US $10.14 Buy It Now 15h 55m
THE FINN BROTHERS Everyone Is Here CD NEW Tim Neil Split Enz Crowded House US $13.32 Buy It Now 15h 56m
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - SECOND THOUGHTS - NEW CD US $16.66 Buy It Now 19h 35m
SPLIT ENZ - SECOND THOUGHTS NEW CD US $24.34 Buy It Now 19h 48m
Phil Manzanera-K Scope-PROMO LP!w/sleeve!Split Enz/Finn/Roxy Music/King Crimson! US $4.99 Buy It Now 19h 56m
1981 - SPLIT ENZ - I Don't Wanna Dance - Picture Disc VINYL Record US $19.99 Buy It Now 21h 8m
SPLIT ENZ - Dizrythmia ~ VINYL LP + INSERT US $26.85 Buy It Now 21h 51m
Swingers-Counting The Beat-PRISTINE LP NEAR MINT CONDITION!!Phil Judd/Split Enz US $6.99 Buy It Now 21h 54m
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU - 7" VINYL 1979 A&M US $5.86 Buy It Now 22h 6m
Split Enz - Waiata - LP Record VG+ VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 22h 51m
Split Enz - True Colors - LP Record G VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 22h 52m
NEIL FINN Promo Only Sampler CD CROWDED HOUSE Split Enz US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House - Weather With You Rare USA Promo CD 1991 Neil Finn Split Enz US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT / FIRE DRILL - OZ LTD 7"P/S VINYL - FINN US $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn of Split Enz "Big Canoe" 12"LP Virgin Mint in shrink 1988 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn of Split Enz (Same) 12"LP Capitol shrink w/sticker promo Orig inner Mnt US $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - SECOND THOUGHTS - CD - NEW US $16.82 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - MENTAL NOTES - CD - NEW US $16.82 Buy It Now 1 day
SCHNELL FENSTER The Sound of Trees RARE CD Split Enz US $6.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz - My mistake US $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Six months in a leaky boat US $4.67 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - CONFLICTING EMOTIONS - OOP 1983 LP W/ LYRICS - EX - NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - HISTORY NEVER REPEATS ~ 30th ANNIVERSARY CD ~ TIM / NEIL FINN *NEW* US $18.72 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz vinyl LP album record Frenzy + Cover Sticker Australian L36921 US $24.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Dizrythmia - green label Split Enz UK vinyl LP album record CHR1145 CHRYSALIS US $31.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Second Thoughts CD US $16.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Second Thoughts - Split Enz (2011, CD New) US $14.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Second Thoughts [CD New] US $19.67 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "Waiata" Original LP US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - History Never Repeats - German Vinyl LP US $25.19 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ -- Waiata -- LP -- NEAR MINT -- 1981 US $6.00 [0 bids]
split enz-a&M conflicting emotions sealed US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
split enz true colours 1979 uk a & m label etched vinyl lp amlh 64822 ex US $16.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn (Split Enz,Crowded House) CD Imaginary Kingdom (Mint) US $3.27 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Mental Notes RARE ORIG UK PRESSING GATEFOLD A/B MATRIX LP US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - Mental Notes ~ GATEFOLD VINYL LP US $26.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz-Conflicting Emotions-LP-A&M-SP 4963Vinyl Record-VG+ US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS (A&M AMLH 64822) 1980 LTD EDITION LASER ETCHED LP EX US $1.60 [1 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Corroboree (1981) 1991 AUSTRALIAN CD issue neil tim finn crowded house US $28.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz LP, Time and Tide, orig A&M 1982 US + FREE WPLJ concert button! US $6.37 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE NEIL FINN Recurring Dream ROCK POP Indie Split Enz RARE HTF CD new US $8.42 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-TRUE COLOURS 1980 A&M RECORDS LP LASER ETCHED SP-4822 VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Dizrythmia LP US $19.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Waiata LP US $13.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Conflicting Emotions LP US $14.78 Buy It Now 2 days
JACK THE LAD ~ SPLIT ENZ ~ 1975 UK SOUVENIR CONCERT TOUR PROGRAMME ~ LINDISFARNE US $58.77 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ Japan 1981 Promo NM LP WAIATA US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats: Best of Split Enz, Split Enz, Good Import US $18.04 Buy It Now 2 days
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA New Wave Aussie Band Sampler US IS LP A&M 83 Split Enz SKYHOOKS US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Finn CD..SELF TITLED..THE FIXX..SPLIT ENZ US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - True Colours Red/Green Cover Aust Mushroom L37167 US $7.49 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz My Mistake 7"45 Rare Holland Pressing With Picture Sleeve 1977 EX US $46.84 [0 bids]
The Big Canoe by Tim Finn (CD, Jul-1987, Virgin) SPLIT ENZ - GERMANY IMPORT US $2.99 [1 bids]
Crowded House Temple of Low Men Japan Promo Vinyl LP w OBI Split Enz Tim Finn US $69.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz 7" vinyl single record Another Great Divide UK CHS2131 CHRYSALIS US $21.75 Buy It Now 2 days
CROWDED HOUSE "Together Alone" cd (Neil Finn/Split Enz) US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Finn Sat It Is So (Split Enz , Finn Brothers) - CD - Like New US $14.04 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz Split Enz CD US $24.08 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - BEGINNING OF... D/R CD ~ TIM/NEIL FINN*NEW* US $16.47 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - MENTAL NOTES D/Rem CD ~ NEIL / TIM FINN 70's ( CROWDED HOUSE ) *NEW* US $14.80 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS US $2.11 [2 bids]
Tim Finn Big Canoe LP 1986 UK 1st Press NM w/Inner Split Enz Crowded House Bros US $39.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - Other Enz & Beyond - (1999 Aussie 2-CD) - MINT/NEW US $29.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz TRUE COLOURS--Laser Etched Holographic Vinyl LP 1980 Original press! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz "Mental Notes" LP PROMO US $4.95 Buy It Now 2 days
The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Jan-1994, Chrysalis Records) US $12.39 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz Split Enz Audio CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 2 days
See Ya Round by Split Enz (CD, Jan-2007, Mushroom Records (Australia)) Remaster US $23.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Time and Tide [Remaster] by Split Enz (CD, Jan-2007, Mushroom Records... US $10.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Corroboree [Bonus Track] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Mushroom Records... US $10.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Dizrythmia [Bonus Track] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Warner Australia) Digipak US $43.50 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-The Living Enz- 2 LP-1985 Mushroom Australian G/Fold issue-RML 57007/8 US $35.55 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Other Enz: Split Enz & Beyond 2CD RARE US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TIM FINN-BIG CANOE-RARE ORIGINAL PRESSING LP NEAR MINT!SPLIT ENZ/CROWDED HOUSE! US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ True Colours ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ True Colours reviews

Review by debrewguy
3 stars This is the first album I picked up from Split Enz. I'd heard & been mesmerized by the single I Got You. When I saw it at a pawn shop I jumped, especially because it had the laser etched vinyl. Being the early 80s when new wave was still a "genre" rather than a cliche, this album fit in well with the Cars, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello and others. And like the best of the bunch, Split Enz had a distinct ability to write great pop songs. It is true that prog snobs will not find much if anything to cheer for here. But in the overall career view re : the Enz, it stood up as among the best they offered through their long career.

Song-wise, here goes ... as mentioned, I Got You is one of those songs , that once it's caught your ears, it stays implanted in your brain. Typical boy girl lyrics, but a cut above in quality and with a quirky melody that best typified new wave at its' origins.

My sentimental favourite though, is I Hope I Never. A piano ballad that I eventually figured out the 15 or so guitar chords necessary to play it proper. Here the trademark melancholy Finn sound is at its' most examplary. If you liked David Gilmour's So Far Away on his debut, you will likely adore this song also as the melodies carry the same sentiment.

The rest, and I don't mean to demean them, are standard fare for 80s new wave. The instrumentation, especially the keyboard parts will be familiar to those who grew on the radio of the time. Fun stuff, but a close listen to the words reveals a depth of talent not found among too many of their musical compadres of the day.

If I may quote Nick Lowe, you could call this an 80s "Pure Pop for Now People" album. Pop, yes. Throwaway, no. If you like melancholy & melody, this album should not disappoint, as any albums from the Finn bros.

P.S. the rating I give is based on its' progness, not its' place in my heart. For me, it's a 5 star, but I'm a fan.

Send comments to debrewguy (BETA) | Report this review (#122600) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, May 17, 2007

Review by Tom Ozric
3 stars In the mid-70's, Split Enz were a fully-blown Sympho-Prog band, turning in some fine, eccentric recordings. By 1979, finely crafted pop songs were the order of the day, but not without personality and wit. 'True Colours' is an album I've enjoyed since its release - an 8 year old flogging the official cassette to death in the folk's tape-player, (incidentally, this tape still exists, the tape player doesn't) - now I treasure my laser-etched LP, which I do enjoy from time to time.

The now famous Finn brothers, Tim and Neil, were gifted song-smiths, and the band themselves excellent musicians ; Eddie Rayner (keyboards) and Nigel Griggs (bass) in particular, TC proved to be an intelligent album full of vibrant, colourful music and great singing. For me, I don't hear a split-second of filler, just pure enjoyment, start to finish. Each song features great melodies, lively sounds and even the occasional 'lush' atmosphere can be heard. Older brother Tim was the more reflective one, his specialty were the ballads, whilst Neil concentrated on punchy little songs full of catchy hooks, Rayner contributed the odd instrumental track, here he has 'Double Happy' which is a dynamic synth-pop affair with a top bass riff. 'The Choral Sea' is a band-composed instrumental, which starts out as a disco number but morphs into a fantastic melody and great playing from all. Rayner's synths sound supersonic !! My personal favourite tracks are 'I Hope I Never', 'Poor Boy' and 'How Can I Resist Her' but the album is strong overall. It's not really prog-rock per se, but it's pretty good - 3 stars.

Send comments to Tom Ozric (BETA) | Report this review (#147734) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 28, 2007

Review by ZowieZiggy
2 stars ''Split Enz'' was a creative rock band from New Zealand who released several interesting albums in the mid late seventies.

But "True Colors" doesn't belong to them. Little creativity. Little craziness. Very few good songs. In a word: not a good album. The band developed a very good new wave sound in its previous album "Frenzy" but this one is mostly pop oriented.

Some reminiscence of the new wave days (even punkish) is to be heard with "Shark Attack". I can live pretty well with this song, but I doubt that it will fill lots of proghead hearts with joy.

Several songs sounds really flat ("What's The Matter With You") but at times a nice surprise appears like the melodic ballad "I Hope I Never". Simple, full of passion. Great vocals and charming background piano are such a good combination.

A song like "Nobody Takes Me Seriously" is totally in line with the band's best work. Dynamic and catchy, it reminds the sound from "Frenzy". It shows that the band can still produce excellent songs, full of rhythm and originality. But unfortunately, there aren't many like this on "True Colors".

Decent pop music, slightly electro oriented ("Poor Boy") is definitely worth a listen but won't bring you to heaven. Still, the funny side of their music is present on this album: "How Can I Resist Her" is just . irresistible. "Devo" comes immediately to my mind when I listen to this song which is my favourite from these true colors.

The entry of "Split Enz" in the eighties corresponds to their weakest album so far. Two stars since it is only average. If you really want to experiment the best of the band, I can only recommend their excellent debut "Mental Notes".

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#180653) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008

Review by russellk
4 stars One of the very best pop albums ever issued, and a classic example of punk-influenced New Wave, this 1980 album is a very long way removed from prog rock. So, mark this well: if you are one of those whose prog sensibilities are offended by pure pop, steer well clear of this.

'True Colours' broke SPLIT ENZ into the mainstream. A series of stunning songs will do that. There's not a moment of weakness, not a second of filler: up-tempo rockers, soft ballads, they're all compelling. Gone are the prog rock days of the mid-70s. SPLIT ENZ have finally found a worthy vehicle for their strangely eccentric, self-conscious zaniness, and for them new-wave pop proved the ideal format. This was the one true whole-hearted performance of their career, and is far and away the most successful pop album ever issued by a New Zealand band.

Off we go, then. 'Shark Attack' starts things off with a madcap keyboard swirl and manic vocals, reminiscent of the bizarre vaudeville beginnings of the band. It's followed by their biggest hit single, 'I Got You'. With exuberant Farfisa organ and a chorus straight out of the LENNON-MCCARTNEY manual of superb pop songs, this song is exactly what pop is all about, and signals the maturation of NEIL FINN, the most gifted songwriter in a talented lot. We're even treated to a sweet little keyboard solo of sorts. 'What's the Matter with You' keeps up the assault, another worthy pop number. 'Double Happy' is a splendid instrumental, as near as they get to prog, courtesy of the talented keyboardist EDDIE RAYNOR. 'I Wouldn't Dream of It' is a little repetitive, but the following track ('I Hope I Never') is glorious, filled with self-deprecatory pathos and sporting an excellent, unusual and dramatic arrangement, evidence of the ENZ's broadening ambitions. I cannot imagine it not appealing to a neutral listener. 'Nobody Takes Me Seriously' is an archetypal new wave song with a simple beat and a great chorus. The wistful and occasionally off-kilter soloing stamps the ENZ brand on the track, and it does build to a nice finish. 'Missing Person' treads much the same ground as the preceding track, though with slightly more sophistication. 'Poor Boy' is my favourite SPLIT ENZ song of all, a whimsical exploration of a long-distance radio-wave relationship between human and alien - so typically ENZ. TIM FINN's vocal performance here makes the song, as does the great keyboard line in the chorus - and the track builds to a dramatic conclusion. A great way to spend three minutes. 'How Can I Resist Her' is throwaway pop. The album closes on a high with the instrumental 'The Choral Sea', reminiscent of early OMD - but haters of the 80s sound need not bother with it.

Clearly, this is NOT a five-star prog album. In terms of progginess, this gets one star. But it is, in my opinion, an almost perfect pop album, and represents the very best of new wave music. Irresistible - if you like that sort of thing.

Send comments to russellk (BETA) | Report this review (#181703) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, September 04, 2008

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars True Colours was landmark album for Split Enz that introduced the 80s and the Enz effectively shed their lurid, weird, zany colourful persona to embrace a more pop-oriented sound. The new wave sound that relied heavily on synthesiser, echoing percussion and crystalline vocals. It's all here and tracks from the album permeated the airwaves in Australia and New Zealand. I cannot tell you how many times the local radio has played 'I Got You' which stayed at number one for ages. It wasn't just a one hit wonder either with tracks that soared up the charts such as the beautiful heartfelt 'I Hope I Never' or my personal favourite 'Poor Boy '. It was a giant album in its day and remains one worthy of a listen from end to end. It begins with the brilliant craziness of 'Shark Attack'. Listen to those bizarre, brash lyrics:

Well she chewed me up and she spat me out I didn't want to meet a maneater, Shark attack! Please don't mess around with me, I'm a shark fatality, in the sea, I'm the one with the bleeding heart, I thought you were a real lifesaver, And life for once would do me a favour, But babys just a butcher, and her teeth are razor sharp, Shark attack!

Its all pure fun and nonsense, sounding in a thematic sense to Van der Graaf Generator's 'Killer', and harking back to the nonsensical early Enz years but with so much more polished production value and style.

'Poor Boy' has always been my favourite. I love the way Tim Finn's vocals echo off from some distant beyond and the incandescant effects of the keyboards that rise and fall give a sense of timelessness and alienness. The lyrics supplement the high strangeness of the musical structure brilliantly and are very memorable:

My love is alien, I picked her up by chance, She speaks to me in ultra-high frequency, The radio band of gold, Gonna listen til I grow old, Ooh what more can a poor boy do? The crackle of the radio, The message in the evening sky, You're looking at an interplanetary Romeo,

The interplanetary Romeo was Neil Finn. When Neil Finn jumped on board he effectively transformed the sound of Split Enz - the real drawcard of the band as it turns out over the next few years. Neil went solo and Crowded House became his band when Split Enz split up. Neil sings 'I Got You' with a vulnerability and a sincerity unheard on earlier albums. It resonated a chord in the Oz/NZ musical industry and became a swansong of the band, played at every concert and still plays on the airwaves. The film clip to accompany it showed Neil almost separate from the band singing to a picture frame containing the other band members. In a sense that is what happened. Neil became the spokesperson and main vocalist after this effort. He was the main stay of the band although I always loved Tim's renditions, Neil sang rings around him in every sense. It was still great to hear the diverseness of the band from these two diverse singers. That is what made them so great. Not everything works on this album but enough to keep you interested.

True Colours is one of the best Enz albums but is not actually progressive apart from some moments in the musical department, and some strange lyrics. Overall, it is worth a listen, and I recommend the vinyl laser etched albums that reflects rainbow colours around the room when you play it. I can only give this 3 stars as it is not really progressive but the music is so good it is impossible to dislike.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#215070) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 11, 2009

Review by obiter
2 stars Can't remember if I first heard a track from this on OGWT but whatever it was this was an eclectic pop album. With the successful single "I got you" mixed in there. Poor Boy is the stand out track. Memories of early teens are hard to banish.

For me as a progster Splti Enz oddly revolves around Noel Crombie rather than the Finns (a which we know reached its peak with Crowded House (Bring the weather with you etc).

There is still with a little Crombie oddness about the style and art of the band. But it remains a pop album (a little new wave~with a prescient modern romantic visual style). One that I really like because of growing up with it, but I can't see a place for it in a prog collection.

Send comments to obiter (BETA) | Report this review (#1064841) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013

4 stars (3.5 stars) Split Enz's international breakthrough album, True Colours, stands as one of the highlights of the new wave era, with the band virtually shedding its more eccentric musical ambitions in favour of a vivid and polished, slightly left-of-centre, pop sound that makes heavy use of synthesizer ... (read more)

Report this review (#699064) | Posted by filster8 | Thursday, March 29, 2012 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This maybe pop but it is good pop, and stills retains the spirit of Split Enz, this is maintainde by Eddie Raynor's keyboards, there are some proggy tracks (penned by Eddie Raynor) such as the Coral Sea, Double Happy. Poor Boy has a certain depth to it with a slight classical sound to it. I don' ... (read more)

Report this review (#122462) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, May 17, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "True Colours"