NAM MYO HO REN GE KYO

Psychedelic/Space Rock

Acid Mothers Temple Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo album cover

Buy ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo (65:15)

Search ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo lyrics

Search ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo tabs

- Kitagawa Hao / Vocals, Thermin, Hot Spice & Alcohol
- Tsuyama Atsushi / Bass, Voice, Cosmic Joker
- Higashi Hiroshi / Synthesizer, Guitar, Dancin' King
- Shimura Koji / Drums, Latino Cool
- Kawabata Makoto / Guitar, Speed Guru

Ace Fu Records 47CD 2007

Thanks to anael for the addition

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo Music

No release results - showing artist results instead
Absolutely Freak Out: Zap Your MindAbsolutely Freak Out: Zap Your Mind
Staticresonance 2013
Ripper at the Heavens Gates of DarkRipper at the Heavens Gates of Dark
Riot Season 2012
Are We ExperimentalAre We Experimental
Prophase 2009

More places to buy ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE music online Buy ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo ratings distribution

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo reviews

Review by SaltyJon
4 stars How this album has such a low rating thus far, I don't know. I've owned it for several months, and each time I listen to it I enjoy it a bit more. The album is one big, long, usually meditative track with synths, acoustic guitar, and even bells present. Laid back is not a term generally associated with Acid Mothers Temple, as far as I know, but it usually fits here. I say usually because sometimes the band does what they're most well known for - freak out. Near the end especially, there is one big, crazy, improvised bit with guitar/sax/drums/everything going all out.

The album is named after a Buddhist chant, and after some quick searching, I've found that it "is the title and the heart of the Lotus Sutra, and it is the Law that explains the workings of life." A lofty premise for an album, that's for sure. Throughout the album, this is repeated on and off by the vocalists, and it serves to give it a sort of mystical feeling.

The only part of this album which I don't like very much is the section right after the freak out I mentioned earlier - it's a solo synth I believe, and often the tone is ear-splittingly high. Still, it doesn't last very long and doesn't constitute very much of the album. After that part there's a short bit with all/most of the band singing "Lala la la la la la la, Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo" a capella - an unexpected end to a very good album. Not a masterpiece, but still a great addition to your collection.

Send comments to SaltyJon (BETA) | Report this review (#308175) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 04, 2010

Post a review of ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE "Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo"