HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (INTERNATIONAL VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. I Got You (3:29)
2. Hard Act to Follow (3:18)
3. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
4. What's the Matter With You (3:06)
5. One Step Ahead (2:52)
6. I See Red (3:14)
7. Message to My Girl (3:59)
8. History Never Repeats (2:58)
9. I Hope I Never (4:32)
10. Dirty Creature (4:02)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) tabs

Tim Finn - Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Neil Finn - Vocals, Guitar
Eddie Raynor - Keyboards
Nigel Griggs - Bass
Noel Crombie - Percussion (drums on tracks 3,7,10)
Malcom Green - Drums (except tracks 3,7,10)

LP/CD/CS A&M SP/CD/CS-3289 (1987)

Thanks to cheesecakemouse for the addition
and to AtomicCrimsonRush for the last updates

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Time & TideTime & Tide
Import · Remastered
Mental NotesMental Notes
Mushroom Records 2007
SPLIT ENZ "Enz of an Era" LP, NM / NM, w Color Printed Lyric Sheet, Australia US $9.99 Buy It Now 31m 17s
Split Enz History Never Repeats 45 vinyl single Australia 1981 US $3.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz I See Red 45 vinyl single UK 1979 US $5.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz One Step Ahead 45 vinyl single US 1981 US $5.00 [0 bids]
32m 9s
Finn Brothers Tim and Neil Suffer Never 2 part CD single UK 1995 (split enz) US $20.00 [0 bids]
32m 10s
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions Mushroom ENZ 5 1983 +12" US $34.99 Buy It Now 33m 13s
Finn Brothers Won't Give In CD Single Australia 2004 (split enz) US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 27s
Men at Work and friends CD Tim Finn Split Enz Flash in the Pan US $15.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz Message to My Girl lot of 2 45 vinyl singles 1983 US $5.00 [0 bids]
34m 27s
Australian Rock Classics CD Split Enz, Crowded House, Paul Kelly US $5.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz Dirty Creature 45 vinyl single Australia 1982 US $3.00 [0 bids]
34m 27s
Schnell Fenster This Illusion vinyl 45 single Australia (split enz) 1988 US $10.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz My Mistake 45 vinyl single US 1977 US $5.00 [0 bids]
34m 27s
Schnell Fenster Love Hate Relationship vinyl 45 Single Australia (split enz) US $9.99 [0 bids]
34m 27s
Finn Brothers Angel's Heap 2 disk CD Single UK 1995 (split enz) US $20.00 [0 bids]
35m 8s
SPLIT ENZ: Frenzy LP A&M RECORDS SP3153 US 1981 NM- US $10.79 Buy It Now 52m 5s
SPLIT ENZ The Living Enz SEALED Original 1985 CANADIAN PRESSING US $13.41 [0 bids]
Split Enz : Histroy Never Repeats. The Best OF Split Enz CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Corroboree by Split Enz *New CD* US $16.40 Buy It Now 1h 58m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS ETCHED VINYL 1980 SP 4822 LP NM US $19.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS 1983 SP 4963 HYPE STICKER SHRINK LP NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
COLLECTABLE VINYL.. SINGLE.. PICTURE SLEEVE.. 7"..SCHNELL FENSTER..EX SPLIT ENZ US $6.12 [0 bids]
PHIL JUDD - DREAM'N' AWAY 7" single - OZ 80's Split Enz Swingers Al Kooper 1983 US $13.08 Buy It Now 3h 5m
SPLIT ENZ - DIRTY CREATURE - PIC SLEEVE 7" SINGLE US $8.71 Buy It Now 3h 53m
SPLIT ENZ Give it a Whirl AUSSIE 7" Neil Finn Tim Finn Crowded House US $21.87 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Split Enz True Colours Music Cassette A&M Label (paper label) US $16.20 Buy It Now 5h 46m
SPLIT ENZ/time and tide/1982 lp US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $10.00 Buy It Now 6h 13m
3 lp split enz lot true colours lzr etch conflicting emotions time and tide WOW! US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 40m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LP 12" RECORD LASER ETCHED US $34.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
SPLIT ENZ "DIRTY CREATURE" 7" 45 RECORD US $6.13 Buy It Now 10h 6m
SPLIT ENZ "ENZ OF AN ERA" ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE US $21.83 Buy It Now 10h 14m
Split Enz Waiata Music Cassette A&M Label (rare tape) US $16.20 Buy It Now 10h 31m
TIME and TIDE_Split Enz_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $10.50 Buy It Now 11h 29m
SPLIT ENZ - MENTAL NOTES [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $17.31 Buy It Now 11h 33m
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU - 7" VINYL 1979 A&M US $6.14 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Split Enz "History Never Repeats - Best Of" LP Vinyl L30222 US $9.19 [7 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE - TEMPLE OF THE LOW MEN CD ~ 90's NEIL FINN ( SPLIT ENZ ) *NEW* US $11.03 Buy It Now 12h 54m
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions LP EX UK 1983 A&M Records US $12.95 Buy It Now 13h 25m
NEIL FINN TRY WHISTLING THIS *** CD *** crowded house split enz US $11.88 Buy It Now 14h 16m
Split Enz / Living Enz 2 LP Crowded House Finn Oz OriginalMushroom RML 55007/8 US $14.99 Buy It Now 15h 45m
SPLIT ENZ:THE LIVING ENZ DOUBLE LP:RML-55008:MUSHROOM RECORDS US $22.31 Buy It Now 16h 18m
Split Enz - Live in America (2007) NEW/SEALED SPEEDYPOST US $7.72 Buy It Now 17h 8m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LASER ETCHED 1980 (SP 4822) VINYL RECORD NM US $5.00 Buy It Now 19h 3m
Sound of Trees by Schnell Fenster (CD, Apr-1990) Split Enz US $10.00 [0 bids]
maiden australia lp split enz/ hunters & collectors sp 4952 SEALED US $6.99 Buy It Now 20h 45m
Crowded House FINN BROTHERS Tim & Neil ADVNCE PROMO DJ CD 1995 USA Split Enz US $34.99 Buy It Now 20h 47m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS VINYL ALBUM RECORD FREE SHIPPING US $10.49 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ six months in a leaky boat 12" Record 1982 PROMO ONLY US $19.98 Buy It Now 23h 53m
Split Enz True Colours A&M Records SP-4822 Etched Vinyl Red Cover NM Vinyl US $0.99 [1 bids]
Split Enz True Colours A&M REcords SP-4822 Blue Cover Etched Vinyl Nm Vinyl US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ 2 LP LOT TRUE COLOURS/LASER ETCHED/SP-4822/WAIATA/SP4848 US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ "TRUE COLOURS" TESTED 8 TRACK TAPE - I GOT YOU,MISSING PERSON,SHARK A US $55.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Enzso : Enzso-Songs of Split Enz CD (1997) US $7.58 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz / True Colours [rare] US $6.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide 1982 OZ Mushroom EX/VG++ US $7.88 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ, Time and Tide LP, orig A&M 1982 US, Tim & Neil Finn Crowded House, NM US $6.50 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ My Mistake/Crosswords AUSSIE 7" Tim Finn Enzso US $15.74 Buy It Now 1 day
X3-82 Sealed Vinyl Record Album Split enz Record Waiata 1981 A M Sp 4848 RARE! US $25.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Enzso Vol 2 Songs Of CD Songs Of Split Enz Tribute CD (Tim & Neil Finn) US $26.24 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - "ENZ OF AN ERA" - CASSETTE US $11.33 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ TIME AND TIDE LP*MUSHROOM RML53012*OZ ROCK*EX US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Makers From Now On Australian card CD ex Split Enz US $8.71 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ CASSETTE TAPE THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ MADE IN ASIA RARE US $7.35 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ: I Got You 3:29-Message To My Girl 3:59-U.S. 12" 1987 A US $28.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colors Lazer Etched Holographics 12" Vinyl LP VG US $1.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz "Waiata" USA Picture Disc 12" In Original Clear Vinyl Sleeve w Sticker US $19.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ True Colours UK 1979 A&M 1ST PRESS..Crowded House...Clean & TOP AUDIO US $21.06 Buy It Now 1 day
CROWDED HOUSE Instinct CD Singles Parts 1 and 2 Neil Finn Split Enz US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
GOLDENBOY-Underneath The Radio-SPLIT ENZ-Lisa Germano US $8.49 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Second Thoughts 1980s AUSTRALIAN CD issue US $34.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Time And Tide NM ORIG +LYRIC INNER SLEEVE US $8.00 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE, DADA (SPLIT ENZ) - 14 Nov 1993,Hammersmith Apollo. Backstage Pass US $6.47 [0 bids]
TRUE COLOURS by SPLIT ENZ, LASER ETCHED LP, 33RPM US $25.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CROWDED HOUSE Temple of Low Men, original issue CD, 1988,VG,Split Enz, Neil Finn US $3.74 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ CASSETTE TAPE CONFLICTING EMOTIONS MADE IN ASIA RARE US $7.35 Buy It Now 2 days
ENZSO POOR BOY ULTRA RARE NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE SINGLE! DAVE DOBBYN SPLIT ENZ US $21.88 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - TIME AND TIDE - VINYL LP - VERY GOOD/LIKE NEW CONDITION US $17.49 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ, ONE STEP AHEAD / IN THE WARS, 7"x45rpm 1980 OZ RECORD US $4.37 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ_Conflicting Emotions_used Cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA US $10.50 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ_See Ya Round_used Cassette_ships frm AUSTRALIA US $10.50 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-CONFLICTING EMOTIONS-LP-A&M-4963 ROCK US $10.15 Buy It Now 2 days
Maiden Austrailia LP Split Enz Jo Jo Zep Hunters and collectors A US $8.35 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-Enz Of An Era-LP 1982 Original Mushroom Australian issue-RML 52027 US $28.83 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-The Beginning Of The Enz-LP 1979 Mushroom Australian issue-L 37132 US $21.83 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Second Thoughts - CD - FASTPOST US $16.20 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Conflicting Emotion UK vinyl LP album record AMLX64963 A US $14.20 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats - Laser Etched Split Enz 7" vinyl single record UK US $15.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Conflicting Emotions Split Enz vinyl LP album record Canadian SP4963 A US $33.96 Buy It Now 2 days
Cut Original Australian Soundtrack CD Feat Jerk Split Enz Betchadupa Something F US $15.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Enz of an Era - LP - 1982 Australia - Mushroom RML 52027 US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - MENTAL NOTES - CD MUSHROOM RECORDS MUSH32329.2 US $4.99 [1 bids]
Split Enz vinyl LP album record Mental Notes Japanese CHY-1131 CHRYSALIS 1977 US $85.43 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - I Got You / Double Happy - A&M Pic Sleeve US $1.60 [0 bids]
TIM FINN - ESCAPADE CD ~ FRACTION TOO MUCH FRICTION 80's POP ( SPLIT ENZ ) *NEW* US $13.74 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats - The Best Of Split Enz CD album (CDLP) New Zealand US $21.56 Buy It Now 2 days
I Got You Split Enz UK 7" vinyl single record AMS7546 A & M 1979 US $16.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz vinyl LP album record Conflicting Emotions Canadian SP4963 A US $41.57 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Finn CD Before & After Split Enz Neil Finn Crowded House US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "History Never Repeats: the international version is a condensed version of the Australian 2 CD 30th Anniversary compilation of the same name. "Spellbound" still remains the definitive compilation of the band, however as a taster of what the band offered in terms of great music, specifically their most endearing popular singles, this 1 CD version sold to the international market has some great merits.

Naturally one CD is not sufficient to capture the ultimate of the NZ/Aus band, but the best Enz tracks are here. Namely the quintessential tracks included are: History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, I See Red, I Got You, One Step Ahead, Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. It is a mystery why the not so well known tracks Hard Act to Follow and What's the Matter with You were included. I cannot recommend these over the likes of Shark Attack or Semi Detached. I mention Semi Detached, even though it is not a well known track by any standards, because it is certainly the most progressive track with its lengthy bizarre, off kilter rhythmic structure and overall sound. There is not much prog in this stripped down compilation at all, even the beginning intro orchestration of 6 Months... is excised.

This compilation is a condensed version of the better Australian version, it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 proggier albums, focusing rather on the more commercial side of Enz. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of "Spellbound" which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#281293) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars Split Enz were originally a New Zealand band influenced by Gabriel-era Genesis. Their first two or three albums are supposed to be their proggiest. I haven't heard any of their albums, but I did own this compilation once. No prog here, that's for sure. Includes the groups biggest international hit "I Got You". Great song but it's a little overplayed nowadays. "Six Months In A Leaky Boat" is another great single. "One Step Ahead" is my favourite song I've heard from Split Enz. A fantastic single from an era where there was many mediocre singles. The only other song that I liked was "Poor Boy". The rest of the songs didn't do much for me, unfortunately.

I don't know how much I would like one of their studio albums, either one of the proggy early ones or later poppy ones. All I really know about this group is that one or more members ended up forming the Australian group Crowded House. That band was more successful internationally. Anyway, some great singles here. Good New Wave-y pop/rock music from the early 1980s. Worth getting if you are into that sort of thing. I have no idea if this is still in print or if there are better compilations out there. You're probably better off getting those three singles from iTunes or whatever. Or wait till they get played on the radio and tape them. Whatever makes you happy. For this compilation I'll give 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#389329) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version)"