HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (INTERNATIONAL VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. I Got You (3:29)
2. Hard Act to Follow (3:18)
3. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
4. What's the Matter With You (3:06)
5. One Step Ahead (2:52)
6. I See Red (3:14)
7. Message to My Girl (3:59)
8. History Never Repeats (2:58)
9. I Hope I Never (4:32)
10. Dirty Creature (4:02)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) tabs

Tim Finn - Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Neil Finn - Vocals, Guitar
Eddie Raynor - Keyboards
Nigel Griggs - Bass
Noel Crombie - Percussion (drums on tracks 3,7,10)
Malcom Green - Drums (except tracks 3,7,10)

LP/CD/CS A&M SP/CD/CS-3289 (1987)

Thanks to cheesecakemouse for the addition
and to AtomicCrimsonRush for the last updates

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Mushroom Records 2006
Audio CD$41.59 (used)
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
Split Enz HISTORY NEVER REPEATS THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ LP NM w/ ORIG SHRINK WRAP US $9.87 Buy It Now 1h 24m
KIWI ROCK VOLUME TWO NEW ZEALAND DOUBLE CASETTE TAPE! SPLIT ENZ TIM FINN MI SEX US $18.82 Buy It Now 1h 52m
STORM RIDERS Soundtrack Lp AUSSIE SURFING US PRESS 82 Church SPLIT ENZ Sunnyboys US $79.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Split Enz cassette album - Time & Tide US $14.11 Buy It Now 4h 45m
Enzso (Split Enz) Cd album - ft Neil & Tim Finn US $6.11 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Split Enz - History Never Repeats [CD New] US $23.20 Buy It Now 5h 30m
Neil Finn- Dizzy Heights [Vinyl LP] NEW & SEALED US SELLER!/ Split Enz US $23.00 Buy It Now 8h 27m
NEIL FINN One Nil SOUTH AFRICA Cat#CDEMCJ 5916 Crowded House Split Enz US $9.99 Buy It Now 9h
Split enz-magazine advert US $8.47 Buy It Now 10h 6m
Split Enz-message to My Girl (VG++) US $16.00 Buy It Now 11h 7m
Split Enz True Colours CD Album New Wave Music Brand New US $11.87 Buy It Now 12h 26m
SPLIT ENZ "TRUE COLORS" Album/lp-Original 1980 A&M 1979 Mushroom Records~SP-3235 US $9.99 [0 bids]
2 LP Lot Split Enz "True Colors" & Spandau Ballet "True" US $13.99 Buy It Now 13h 13m
Split Enz - Split NEW CD US $8.33 Buy It Now 14h 43m
SPLIT ENZ LP, True Colours 1980 and SPLIT ENZ Cassette,Time and Tide 1982, US $9.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz, Lot of 3, Vinyl LPs, 12", Time and Tide, Waiata (etched), True Colors US $5.99 [0 bids]
18h
Phil Manzanera-K Scope-PROMO LP!w/sleeve!Split Enz/Finn/Roxy Music/King Crimson! US $3.99 Buy It Now 18h 31m
SPLIT ENZ 3xCASSETTE TAPES Greatest Hits FRENZY True Colors Message To My Girl US $6.66 Buy It Now 18h 43m
TIM FINN-CARVE YOU IN MARBLE 12" SINGLE PICTURE SLEEVE IMPORT UK NUDE SPLIT ENZ US $0.99 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $4.44 Buy It Now 19h 11m
Split Enz - Message To My Girl - 1983 A&M Promo AM 2652 45 rpm US $5.92 Buy It Now 19h 32m
Devo, Split Enz, Gary Numan, B52s, Duran Duran, Soft Cell- U.S PROMO cd w/button US $17.98 Buy It Now 19h 47m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS VINYL ALBUM RECORD FREE SHIPPING US $10.49 [0 bids]
TIM FINN Escapade ~ 1983 Oz LP Split Enz, Crowded House US $13.65 Buy It Now 21h 28m
Anniversary by Split Enz (CD, Nov-1997, Fuel 2000) US $18.99 Buy It Now 21h 38m
SPLIT ENZ The Beginning Of the ENZ CD US $9.37 Buy It Now 21h 46m
NEIL FINN CROWED HOUSE SPLIT ENZ 8 SONGS CD US $3.95 Buy It Now 21h 46m
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $16.35 Buy It Now 22h 18m
SPLIT ENZ frenzy Lp RECORD 1978 US $7.99 Buy It Now 22h 43m
Tim Finn ex Split Enz Starring ex Crowded House 12" maxi rock mini LP Fraction US $7.53 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU 7" VINYL US $6.77 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - POOR BOY 7" VINYL PS US $10.17 Buy It Now 1 day
The Makers CD album Eddie Rayner ex Split Enz US $14.07 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ history never repeats 7" WS etched disc US $11.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - True Colours NM- / EX+ LP Record 1980 A&M SP-4822 Laser Etched US $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats The Best Of CD NEW 30th Anniversary Ed Slipcase US $11.76 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
Sound of Trees by Schnell Fenster (CD, Apr-1990) Split Enz US $10.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The FINN BROTHERS Everyone Is Here OZ CD 2004 Split Enz / Promo US $9.37 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Six months in a leaky boat 7" NEW WAVE SYNTH AUSTRALIA US $5.92 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Australian Rare True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions w bonus 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions US LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Enz of an Era Australia Lp with Poster US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz I Don't Wanna Dance Picture Disc 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz My Mistake, Crossroads Uk 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Next Exit on Maiden Australia US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Time and Tide Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Autralian Lp US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Waita lp aka Corroboree US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - WAIATA - VINYL LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colours CD NEW 2002 Crowded House I Got You+ US $8.47 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ one step ahead 45 Record Laser Etched Single 1981 US $14.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ TIME AND TIDE LP VG+ ROCK 1982 US $1.29 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT - U.S. PROMO 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ -- Waiata -- LP -- NEAR MINT -- 1981 US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide SP-3256 LP Ab1876 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Foxxjazell SPLIT ENZ 12 Mixes CD Promo PERRY TWINS Aaron Carl T. Fixx 2009 US $7.94 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - HISTORY NEVER REPEATS 7" SINGLE US $4.70 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ: Frenzy (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colours LP NM SP-4822 1980 Laser Holographic US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA LP Compilation NEW SEALED 1983 Split Enz Runners Skyhooks Geyer US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Maiden Austrailia LP Split Enz Jo Jo Zep Hunters and collectors A US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - LIVE IN AMERICA (2007 CD) NEW & SEALED US $6.70 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Waiata - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM FINN (Split Enz/Crowded House) - IMAGINARY KINGDOM (2006 CD) US $6.45 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-CONFLICTING EMOTIONS-LP-A&M-4963 ROCK US $3.79 [0 bids]
Original Split Enz Ticket 1981 US $7.06 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS 1983 SP 4963 HYPE STICKER SHRINK LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz--Best Of--CD w/11 Trks US $2.99 [0 bids]
Finn Brothers - Split Enz Crowded House - Neil, Tim Finn US $7.00 [0 bids]
RHYTHMS MAGAZINE_Tim Finn formerly of Split Enz_used_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.40 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ "One Step Ahead/ In The Wars" OZ Aussie Ex 7" 45 non LP flip Neil Finn US $4.70 [0 bids]
TIM FINN - S/T CD ( SPLIT ENZ / CROWDED HOUSE ) *NEW* US $13.88 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - I got you - 7" single US $4.74 Buy It Now 2 days
CUT - MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK - 20 TRACK CD, SPLIT ENZ, GROOVE TERMINATOR US $7.52 Buy It Now 2 days
ENZ of AN ERA_Split Enz_used VINYL LP_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $18.82 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ "SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT" LIMITED EDITION RARE 45 7" SINGLE US $9.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Neil Finn (Split Enz/Crowded House) Cd album- Try Whistling This US $6.30 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ Greatest Hits Live CD BRAND NEW Live In NZ 1993 Liberation US $13.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - History Never Repeats: Best Of CD Album UK 1987 (CDMID 175) New Wave US $8.06 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ mental notes 1976 UK CHRYSALIS STEREO LP US $14.43 Buy It Now 2 days
split enz - true colors (US)1980 LP a&m sp-4822 etched vinyl NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz, Split Enz, Very Good Original reco US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ True Colours 1980 UK A&M RECORDS VINYL LP AMLH 64822 US $15.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz 45 Message To My Girl "PROMO COPY" A&M Records 1983 #AM-2652 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1981 - SPLIT ENZ - Waiata + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.26 Buy It Now 2 days
FOXXJAZELL * SPLIT ENZ - THE REMIXES * US 12 TRK PROMO * HTF! * PERRY TWINS US $33.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ mental notes LP 10 track gatefold sleeve has some staining (chr1131) US $12.26 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ- I GOT YOU VINYL 7" 45RPM p US $1.68 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ- POOR BOY VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $2.53 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - BEST OF SPLIT ENZ [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $20.22 Buy It Now 2 days
? Tim Finn - Tim Finn (Capitol C1-48735) (of Split Enz) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Split Enz - Conflicting Emotions (Tim & Neil Finn) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
? Split Enz - Waiata (A&M 4848) (Tim & Neil Finn) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "History Never Repeats: the international version is a condensed version of the Australian 2 CD 30th Anniversary compilation of the same name. "Spellbound" still remains the definitive compilation of the band, however as a taster of what the band offered in terms of great music, specifically their most endearing popular singles, this 1 CD version sold to the international market has some great merits.

Naturally one CD is not sufficient to capture the ultimate of the NZ/Aus band, but the best Enz tracks are here. Namely the quintessential tracks included are: History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, I See Red, I Got You, One Step Ahead, Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. It is a mystery why the not so well known tracks Hard Act to Follow and What's the Matter with You were included. I cannot recommend these over the likes of Shark Attack or Semi Detached. I mention Semi Detached, even though it is not a well known track by any standards, because it is certainly the most progressive track with its lengthy bizarre, off kilter rhythmic structure and overall sound. There is not much prog in this stripped down compilation at all, even the beginning intro orchestration of 6 Months... is excised.

This compilation is a condensed version of the better Australian version, it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 proggier albums, focusing rather on the more commercial side of Enz. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of "Spellbound" which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#281293) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars Split Enz were originally a New Zealand band influenced by Gabriel-era Genesis. Their first two or three albums are supposed to be their proggiest. I haven't heard any of their albums, but I did own this compilation once. No prog here, that's for sure. Includes the groups biggest international hit "I Got You". Great song but it's a little overplayed nowadays. "Six Months In A Leaky Boat" is another great single. "One Step Ahead" is my favourite song I've heard from Split Enz. A fantastic single from an era where there was many mediocre singles. The only other song that I liked was "Poor Boy". The rest of the songs didn't do much for me, unfortunately.

I don't know how much I would like one of their studio albums, either one of the proggy early ones or later poppy ones. All I really know about this group is that one or more members ended up forming the Australian group Crowded House. That band was more successful internationally. Anyway, some great singles here. Good New Wave-y pop/rock music from the early 1980s. Worth getting if you are into that sort of thing. I have no idea if this is still in print or if there are better compilations out there. You're probably better off getting those three singles from iTunes or whatever. Or wait till they get played on the radio and tape them. Whatever makes you happy. For this compilation I'll give 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#389329) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version)"