HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (INTERNATIONAL VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. I Got You (3:29)
2. Hard Act to Follow (3:18)
3. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
4. What's the Matter With You (3:06)
5. One Step Ahead (2:52)
6. I See Red (3:14)
7. Message to My Girl (3:59)
8. History Never Repeats (2:58)
9. I Hope I Never (4:32)
10. Dirty Creature (4:02)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) tabs

Tim Finn - Vocals, Guitar, Piano
Neil Finn - Vocals, Guitar
Eddie Raynor - Keyboards
Nigel Griggs - Bass
Noel Crombie - Percussion (drums on tracks 3,7,10)
Malcom Green - Drums (except tracks 3,7,10)

LP/CD/CS A&M SP/CD/CS-3289 (1987)

Thanks to cheesecakemouse for the addition
and to AtomicCrimsonRush for the last updates

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Best of Split EnzBest of Split Enz
Chrysalis 1994
Tim Finn Split Enz A&M Solo LP 1983 US $10.00 Buy It Now 59m 30s
SPLIT ENZ ~ IRIS ~ A&M 2351 PROMO NEVER PLAYED US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
HIstory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz - 1987 A&M SP-3289 Tim & Neil Finn US $7.00 [0 bids]
FREE 2for1 OFFER-Split Enz- Conflicting Emotions- A&M Records ?- SP-4963/LP US $16.98 Buy It Now 2h 53m
SPLIT ENZ - Mental Notes LP UK '76 Chrysalis gatefold US $12.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions (1983) WEST GERMANY CD US $29.75 Buy It Now 3h 45m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LP IN SHRINK LAZER ETCHED 910 US $13.99 Buy It Now 4h 26m
Split Enz: True Colors ( MINT- LAZER- ETCHED, 1980 A&M SP-4822 Lp) Crowded House US $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 16m
SPLIT ENZ COLORES VERDADEROS LP ARGENTI DIFF SLEEVE PRO US $23.00 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Split Enz, LP Time and Tide, orig A&M 1982 US, Tim & Neil Finn Crowded House, NM US $6.98 [0 bids]
Split Enz I Got You (A&M 7" PS) US $8.27 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Split Enz True Colors Lazer Etched Holographics 12" Vinyl LP VG US $1.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ conflicting emotions CD 10 tracks 1983 NEIL TIM FINN US $19.99 Buy It Now 7h 17m
HOME GROWN RARE AUSSIE DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE! RATCAT DRAGON 1927 SPLIT ENZ DUKES US $17.71 Buy It Now 7h 27m
SPLIT ENZ True Colors ROCK LP Shrink A&M Laser Etched ORIG. INNER SLEEVE US $5.00 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - WAIATA LP US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ "NM WAX" Time and Tide AMP-28052 LP Ac3811 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Rock SPLIT ENZ The Best Of NM SP-3289 EB827 US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS VINYL ALBUM RECORD FREE SHIPPING US $10.49 [0 bids]
True Colours. Split Enz. Etched Vinyl. A&M Records SP4822. US $14.99 Buy It Now 8h 44m
SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS 1983 SP 4963 HYPE STICKER SHRINK LP NM US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (SP3289) VG+ cond. great band, great music! US $7.00 Buy It Now 8h 46m
Split Enz--Best Of--CD w/11 Trks US $1.99 [0 bids]
NYE Surface SPLIT ENZ cover Cleveland OHIO CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 12h 10m
Split Enz HISTORY NEVER REPEATS THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ LP NM w/ ORIG SHRINK WRAP US $9.87 Buy It Now 13h 46m
SPLIT ENZ, HISTORY NEVER REPEATS / HOLY SMOKE, 1981 7"x45rpm OZ SINGLE RECORD US $4.65 Buy It Now 14h 3m
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions 1983 Oz LP ~ Crowded House, Schnell Fenster US $16.31 Buy It Now 15h 26m
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS - UNIQUE LASER-ETCHED VINYL LP RECORD - L 42001- N.MINT US $46.61 [0 bids]
STORM RIDERS Soundtrack Lp AUSSIE SURFING US PRESS 82 Church SPLIT ENZ Sunnyboys US $79.99 Buy It Now 15h 42m
Split Enz cassette album - Time & Tide US $13.97 Buy It Now 17h 7m
KIWI ROCK VOLUME TWO NEW ZEALAND DOUBLE CASETTE TAPE! SPLIT ENZ TIM FINN MI SEX US $18.63 Buy It Now 17h 9m
Split Enz - History Never Repeats [CD New] US $22.87 Buy It Now 17h 52m
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1979 US $3.63 Buy It Now 18h 46m
SPLIT ENZ_Six Months In A Leaky Boat_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $22.37 Buy It Now 19h 3m
SPLIT ENZ_One Step Ahead_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 7m
SPLIT ENZ_My Mistake_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 11m
SPLIT ENZ_Message To My Girl_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 14m
SPLIT ENZ_I See Red_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $22.37 Buy It Now 19h 19m
SPLIT ENZ_I Got You_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 20m
SPLIT ENZ_I Don't Wanna Dance_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $11.19 Buy It Now 19h 22m
SPLIT ENZ_History Never Repeats_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $22.37 Buy It Now 19h 24m
SPLIT ENZ_Dirty Creature_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $22.37 Buy It Now 19h 27m
Split enz-magazine advert US $8.27 Buy It Now 22h 28m
SPLIT ENZ - DIZRYTHMIA CD 1980s Australian Pressing D19219 Crowded House, Finn US $9.99 [1 bids]
Split Enz-message to My Girl (VG++) US $16.00 Buy It Now 23h 28m
SPLIT ENZ SEALED LP ALBUM THE BEST OF GREATEST HITS "I GOT YOU" STICKER US $18.98 Buy It Now 23h 52m
Neil Finn- Dizzy Heights [Vinyl LP] NEW & SEALED US SELLER!/ Split Enz US $21.85 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ/CONFLICTING EMOTIONS UK AMLX64963 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ/DIZRYTHMIA UK CHR1145 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ/THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ US SP2389 US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz True Colours CD Album New Wave Music Brand New US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
FINN Tim Finn NEIL FINN Split Enz CROWDED HOUSE Suffer Never ANGELS HEAP US $1.64 [0 bids]
2 LP Lot Split Enz "True Colors" & Spandau Ballet "True" US $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Split NEW CD US $8.14 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE! Split Enz - Mental Notes LP - Australian Pressing Mushroom Records Vg++ US $47.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Jan-1994, Chrysalis Records) US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rare Rikky and Pete OST CD-Crowded House, Noel's Cowards,Split Enz,Eddie Rayner US $119.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "Dizrythmia" vinyl LP, good shape 1977 Chrysalis Records US $3.34 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE Neil Finn of Split Enz LP 1986 USA PRESSING US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Lazer Etched True Colors LP Promo Copy US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ 3xCASSETTE TAPES Greatest Hits FRENZY True Colors Message To My Girl US $6.66 Buy It Now 1 day
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $4.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Message To My Girl - 1983 A&M Promo AM 2652 45 rpm US $4.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Devo, Split Enz, Gary Numan, B52s, Duran Duran, Soft Cell- U.S PROMO cd w/button US $19.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Teenage Kicks 26 New Wave Hits 2-DISC CD SET Duran Split Enz Nena Billy Idol+ US $13.45 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM FINN Escapade ~ 1983 Oz LP Split Enz, Crowded House US $13.52 Buy It Now 1 day
Anniversary by Split Enz (CD, Nov-1997, Fuel 2000) US $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ The Beginning Of the ENZ CD US $9.27 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $17.58 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - DIZRYTHMIA - CHRYSALIS CHR-1145 - ORIGINAL CANADIAN PRESSING US $14.99 [0 bids]
NEIL FINN One Nil SOUTH AFRICA Cat#CDEMCJ 5916 Crowded House Split Enz US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Dizrythmia - 1977 US LP - Chrysalis CHR 1145 US $6.49 Buy It Now 1 day
NEIL FINN CROWED HOUSE SPLIT ENZ 8 SONGS CD US $3.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz My Mistake 7"45 Rare Holland Pressing With Picture Sleeve 1977 EX US $32.62 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - I GOT YOU 7" VINYL US $6.61 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - POOR BOY 7" VINYL PS US $9.93 Buy It Now 1 day
The Makers CD album Eddie Rayner ex Split Enz US $13.93 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - True Colours NM- / EX+ LP Record 1980 A&M SP-4822 Laser Etched US $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats The Best Of CD NEW 30th Anniversary Ed Slipcase US $11.64 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $8.27 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The FINN BROTHERS Everyone Is Here OZ CD 2004 Split Enz / Promo US $9.27 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ history never repeats 7" WS etched disc US $11.59 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz 11 CD box set Enz to Enz OOP RARE US $99.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Anniversary CD 1993 Live 20th Ann. Reunion Concerts US $2.49 [0 bids]
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House Temple Of Low Men Cassette 1986 Split Enz CRC Club Press The Byrds US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Australian Rare True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions w bonus 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions US LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Enz of an Era Australia Lp with Poster US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz I Don't Wanna Dance Picture Disc 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz My Mistake, Crossroads Uk 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Next Exit on Maiden Australia US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Time and Tide Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Autralian Lp US $12.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Waita lp aka Corroboree US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA LP Compilation NEW SEALED 1983 Split Enz Runners Skyhooks Geyer US $8.05 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars "History Never Repeats: the international version is a condensed version of the Australian 2 CD 30th Anniversary compilation of the same name. "Spellbound" still remains the definitive compilation of the band, however as a taster of what the band offered in terms of great music, specifically their most endearing popular singles, this 1 CD version sold to the international market has some great merits.

Naturally one CD is not sufficient to capture the ultimate of the NZ/Aus band, but the best Enz tracks are here. Namely the quintessential tracks included are: History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, I See Red, I Got You, One Step Ahead, Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. It is a mystery why the not so well known tracks Hard Act to Follow and What's the Matter with You were included. I cannot recommend these over the likes of Shark Attack or Semi Detached. I mention Semi Detached, even though it is not a well known track by any standards, because it is certainly the most progressive track with its lengthy bizarre, off kilter rhythmic structure and overall sound. There is not much prog in this stripped down compilation at all, even the beginning intro orchestration of 6 Months... is excised.

This compilation is a condensed version of the better Australian version, it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 proggier albums, focusing rather on the more commercial side of Enz. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of "Spellbound" which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#281293) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Review by zravkapt
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Post/Math Rock Team
2 stars Split Enz were originally a New Zealand band influenced by Gabriel-era Genesis. Their first two or three albums are supposed to be their proggiest. I haven't heard any of their albums, but I did own this compilation once. No prog here, that's for sure. Includes the groups biggest international hit "I Got You". Great song but it's a little overplayed nowadays. "Six Months In A Leaky Boat" is another great single. "One Step Ahead" is my favourite song I've heard from Split Enz. A fantastic single from an era where there was many mediocre singles. The only other song that I liked was "Poor Boy". The rest of the songs didn't do much for me, unfortunately.

I don't know how much I would like one of their studio albums, either one of the proggy early ones or later poppy ones. All I really know about this group is that one or more members ended up forming the Australian group Crowded House. That band was more successful internationally. Anyway, some great singles here. Good New Wave-y pop/rock music from the early 1980s. Worth getting if you are into that sort of thing. I have no idea if this is still in print or if there are better compilations out there. You're probably better off getting those three singles from iTunes or whatever. Or wait till they get played on the radio and tape them. Whatever makes you happy. For this compilation I'll give 2 stars.

Send comments to zravkapt (BETA) | Report this review (#389329) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 29, 2011

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (International version)"