LIVE AT THE ZENITH

1. Lights (15:18)
2. Noise (7:03)
3. Bridge Scene (5:29)
4. Veins (4:01)
5. You Make Me Feel (4:07)
6. Fuck U (5:34)
7. Black (2:55)
8. Sane (4:52)
9. Sit Back Down (6:47)
10. Again (15:48)
11. Pulse (6:46)

DVD:
1. Numb (Live at Eurockéennes Festival 2006 - Belfort)
2. Fold (Live at Eurockéennes Festival 2006 - Belfort)
3. Lights Tour - Documentary

- Steve Harris / guitar
- Jonathan Noyce / bass
- Dave Pen / guitar, vocals
- Maria Q / vocals

CD/DVD Warner Music France (2007)

Thanks to Rivertree for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ARCHIVE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• Again You All Look The Same To Me, 2002

Buy ARCHIVE Live At The Zenith Music

Live at the ZenithLive at the Zenith
Imports 2007
Live at the Zenith by Archive [Music CD]Live at the Zenith by Archive [Music CD]
Wmi

More places to buy ARCHIVE music online Buy ARCHIVE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ARCHIVE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ARCHIVE Live At The Zenith ratings distribution

ARCHIVE Live At The Zenith reviews

3 stars I first heard of this British band when Alex suggested them in a PORCUPINE TREE thread on this site. The video he added for us to check out was a live version of "Again" and I liked it instantly. This cd i'm reviewing is from a concert held in Paris, France in 2007. I should mention that these guys started out as a Trip-Hop band with a rapper helping out before dropping him. They then became a Pop band before settling in here to an atmospheric, Alternative sounding style that brings PINK FLOYD and RADIOHEAD to mind. Man this album has some amazing music on it but it also has a lot of tracks that do nothing for me. Very much a fifty / fifty split, hence the 3 stars.

"Lights" is slow to get going but I like the atmosphere. Drums kick in at 4 1/2 minutes as that repetitive keyboard melody continues. Guitar 8 minutes and vocals after 9 minutes reminding me of BAUER. Emotion. Great track. "Noise" kicks in with strummed guitar and vocals right away. A beat and atmosphere follows. It's an okay tune. "Bridge Scene" is melancholic with reserved vocals. It kicks in hard before 3 minutes. Back to that beat with vocals as contrasts continue. Good song. "Veins" is poppy and doesn't do much for me. "You Make Me Feel" is fairly heavy but it settles when the female vocals come in each time. Not bad.

"Fuck U" drops the F-bomb many, many times. This song reminds me a lot of THE CHURCH. "Black" has a repetitive rhythm with vocals throughout. "Sane" is a catchy tune with some vocal melodies. "Sit Back Down" has a heavy beat with organ as the vocals join in. Very well done. "Again" like the opening track is over 15 minutes in length and a slow burner. It does pick up after 5 1/2 minutes and we get some harmonica too. It continues to settle then pick back up. Excellent track. "Pulse" ends it and while I don't think much of the beginning of this one I do like when she sings that repetitive vocal melody over and over to the end.

Before I reviewed this I watched that video again and thought to myself how can I not give this 4 stars ? So I listened to the cd one more time, and while it hits some real highs several of these tracks are average at best. A hit and miss affair for yours truly.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#640289) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 24, 2012

4 stars Archive - Live At The Zenith (8/10) Beggining as a trip-hop act, among many others in the prolific britsh scene back in the 90's, Archive took a radical shift from it's roots with the superb 2001 album "You look all the same to me" with a truly original blending of emotional prog (with quite a ... (read more)

Report this review (#633959) | Posted by PostIndian | Tuesday, February 14, 2012 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ARCHIVE "Live At The Zenith"