Annalist Trial album cover

- Bartek Gotembnik / keyboards
- Artur Szolc / drums, percussion

CD Koch International (2000) Poland
EAN: 6-64125-22762-1

Thanks to Grendelbox for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

ANNALIST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Collaborate with, learn how to submit new MP3s.

Buy ANNALIST Trial Music

More places to buy ANNALIST music online Buy ANNALIST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

ANNALIST Trial ratings distribution

ANNALIST Trial reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars I have never understood how this band was so highly rated on PA. At best, they released one good album ("Artemis") out of their three works so far.

I must say that I was positively surprised with the opening number of their last album: "Noc W Troi" is quite hypnotic and different from their usual production. I quite like the whispering vocals in this track; but more of these are to come. The mood is quite sad and repetitive during "Alchemik"; but again this song is frankly pleasant to listen to. The band is leaning more in the cross-over prog territories and has evolves quite well since their previous album ("Eon").

Some minimalism, close to electronic prog (almost like early "Kraftwerk") can be noticed at the start of "Dealchemik". The whispering vocals (which might have inspired Mariousz Duda from "Riverside"), and the dark mood confirm that this album is quite different from their previous ones. This change is more than welcome and is prolonged during the excellent "Samospalenie". Some touch of new wave is even noticeable in the longest song of this "Trial".

As I have said in previous reviews from this band, I preferred when vocals were preformed in their native language; and I feel exactly the same here even if I can't grab a word. The album is much more varied as well: what a pleasure and what a good evolution for this Polish band! But what a pity that they decided to call it quit after this album. I really wonder how far they could have gone.

For those who liked their neo-prog music, this album might well be a difficult one to approach. But it is worth the effort as far as I'm concerned. It is much more interesting and inventive ("Smierc Czeka W Samarze"). Upbeat, powerful: it sounds almost as a (good) prog metal song. Only the short "Astro" and the electronic "Alarm" are weaker.

"Trail" is a good surprise, a good album: seven out of ten. Three stars. Their best one for sure.

4 stars I'm really surprised of the 1 star given to this album and I would like to see the review. I first got it out of curiosity, basically because I'm an Eastern European prog fanboy, and I recall the band being mentioned on a prog radio channel once. Well, the first impression was that of an ok album. T ... (read more)

Report this review (#176938) | Posted by Passionist | Tuesday, July 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ANNALIST "Trial"