LIVE@INPROG 2003

1. Intro (0:14)
2. Vegetarian (7:38)
3. Heavy Water (7:09)
4. Purgatory (9:47)
5. A-theist Hacker (6:00)
6. Oasis (6:33)
Concerto Grosso #1
7. Part 1, Allegro (4:29)
8. Part 2, Largo (5:59)
9. Part 3, Menouetto (4:15)
10. Part 4, Adagio (3:48)
11. Part 5, Presto Finale (4:53)

Search KOSTAREV GROUP Live@InProg 2003 lyrics

Search KOSTAREV GROUP Live@InProg 2003 tabs

- Alexander Kostarev / guitar, harmonica
- Ekaterina Morozova / keyboards
- Andrey Pankratov / drums
- Gennadiy Lavrentiev / violin, tabla
- Yuri Lopuhin / flute, saxophone

CD Starless Records STR02 (Russia 2003)

Thanks to prog-jester for the addition
and to Rivertree for the last updates

KOSTAREV GROUP MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy KOSTAREV GROUP Live@InProg 2003 Music

More places to buy KOSTAREV GROUP music online Buy KOSTAREV GROUP & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for KOSTAREV GROUP DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

KOSTAREV GROUP Live@InProg 2003 ratings distribution

KOSTAREV GROUP Live@InProg 2003 reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
4 stars Vegetarians are arriving the Oasis ...

Alexander Kostarev has worked out elaborated songs and the band is performing them excellently. Recorded live February 2003 in Moscow this is Jazz Rock with an Avantgarde attitude and some Symphonic injections. First we have to state an interesting mix of instruments - besides the 'usual' there are also violin, harmonica, flute and saxophon. Kostarev's squeezing and squeaking guitar is obvious and well corresponding to Lavrentiev's violin.

Vegetarian is fusion at its best with confident keyboard playing. I also recommend to have a look at the video from their website. Every musician gets enough room for soloing - amazing. Heavy Water is heavy grooving. Kostarev proves that he's also a good harmonica player. A very dynamic song with a special guitar and violin duel (Lavrentiev wins in my opinion!). Purgatory with its asian rhythm and tabla using remembers me at an OLE LUKKOYE concert which I had the chance to enjoy some years ago. Oasis - I like this song very much - listening to this relaxed slowtempo piece it's a feeling like riding on a camel across the desert - a successful interpretation!

A-Theist Hacker is a song which I haven't fully explored until now. Please give me 10 other rounds or so - the only thing I can say - absolutely crazy! The Concerto Grosso closes - a suite with five sections which is more Symphonic oriented (as the titles promise). The band gives all the power to celebrate this. A complex and explosive blend referring to RIO/Avant. The same as with the song before - it needs several rehearsals to get in touch with

Another russian gem which inspires the genre. At first I'm giving four stars with tendency to five. Actually the whole recordings are free for download from the website. In spite of the fact this recordings are restored from cassette tape the sound quality is very good. So if you are interested in listening to excellent Jazz Rock/Fusion with transitions to RIO/Avant don't be shy - otherwise you'll miss the train.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#125303) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2007

Review by Prog-jester
4 stars I guess it was a chance for me to step out for a while. I mean I got a reputation of Russian/Post-USSR Prog-Rock devotee, and sometimes this works against me :). So I let few people review KOSTAREV’s works before my pipers would sing halleluiahs to him and his long green thing. Yes, I meant guitar baby ;).

OK, here we have high-class fusion with elements from almost every genre of contemporary music – from cold academic passages to almost dub beats and metal riffing. Kostarev doesn’t overshine all the time, shadowing the rest of the band. You can easily recognize outstanding level of other musicians’ skills and unique signature of band’s songwriting talents. All tracks are played live, without any overdubs and cleanings; you can hear the crowd going mad from what these men doing with them. I’m afraid I won’t name any band musically close to what Alexander and Co are playing. FROMUZ? DJAM KARET? LIQUID TENSION? I’m too new to a genre to judge, but all I know is that it sounds unbelievably fresh and mind-blowing. Shame they have limited opportunities to spread their music and earn their living from it. On the other side, both albums are available FREE TO DOWNLOAD VIA THEIR WEB-SITE!!! This is the Art for the Art’s sake.

Pure enjoyment and extremely recommended hour of music to waste your life and money on ;). Give up hesitation and load few songs first. Than write me a thankful PM and got everything KOSTAREV GROUP has released (hope they’ll manage to make a studio album soon). Good luck in that and keep on…ermm, fusionin’!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#130849) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 30, 2007

Review by apps79
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Neo Prog Team
4 stars Alexander Kostarev is a lesser-known Russian instrumental musician,who's career started back in late 70's but became widely known only through this millenium.The roots of his group can be found back in mid-80's,but the fact is that it has changed so many names and line-ups,that its almost impossible to clarify the full history of the band.Fortunately his work was finally known through this Starless Records' live release from 2003.

Fusion becomes a meaningful word just by listening to this album.Kostarev's instrumental group blends Jazz,Classical,Ethnic and Avant-Garde Music in an awesome rockin' way.A full hour of a totally challenging journey through complex passages,energetic grooves,dynamic interplays and peaceful melodies.Actually the 2/3 of the album are closer to the jazzier side of Prog Rock with dominant violins,freaky flutes,harmonic organ sounds,deep bass lines and the highlight performance of Kostarev on guitars with also some Avant-like electronics and a mix of MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA,DR. DOPO JAM and FRANK ZAPPA would be close to reality.The last 1/3 of the album is the long epic Concerto Grosso,where organs,violins and flutes blend in a Classical mix to offer a sweet rock symphony,which at times is paused by Kostarev's fusion-esque edgy guitar work in full collaboration with the other instrumentation.I could tell the man trully teaches how a long instrumental epic can catch the listener from the very first to the last minute.

The least I can do for this overlooked musician is spreading his music by reviewing this album.Kostarev's works deserve so much more for being totally inventive,complicated and andventuruous but at the same time focused and inspired,and anyone calling himself a serious music fan should simply check this album out...4 solid stars.

Send comments to apps79 (BETA) | Report this review (#457718) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 06, 2011

5 stars What a nice surpirse! Alexander Kostarev Group is one of the most freak things that I've heard the last months! First of all, is not difficult to get this album cos is available officially in AKG webpage. Second, if you are a fusion and/or avant garde/RIO fan, this album wouldn't disspoint you. ... (read more)

Report this review (#143920) | Posted by progadicto | Friday, October 12, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars RUSSIAN FREAK FUSION Incorporating everything from folky medievalisms to wacked out phase-shifted cosmic guitar riffing to maniacal screeching violin and frantic flute this live recording of the Kostarev Group goes everywhere and beyond and redef ... (read more)

Report this review (#125593) | Posted by Vibrationbaby | Tuesday, June 12, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of KOSTAREV GROUP "Live@InProg 2003"