I PUT THE SPELL ON THE FIRE

3. I'm a Man (5:14)
4. Universe (17:18)
5. Share (Part 3) (7:02)
6. Share (Part 4) (3:13)
7. Share (Epilogue) (5:27)
8. I'm a Man (Prologue) (3:48)

Search DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) I Put the Spell on the Fire lyrics

Search DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) I Put the Spell on the Fire tabs

- Kim Breitburg / keyboards, vocals
- Anatoly Deinega / drums
- Victor Radiyevsky / bass, vocals
- Victor Litvinenko / guitar, vocals

CD Music Is Intelligence WMMS 006 (1989)

Recorded in 1982-1984, released 1989 by Music is Intelligence
Distributed by World Music Messenger Service, West Germany

Thanks to bhikkhu for the addition
and to Grendelbox for the last updates

DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) I Put the Spell on the Fire Music

More places to buy DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) music online Buy DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) I Put the Spell on the Fire ratings distribution

DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) I Put the Spell on the Fire reviews

Review by kenethlevine
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog-Folk Team
3 stars Knowing that this early 80s effort had to be recorded clandestinely might have an effect on how one listens to it. The group apparently used a Moscow hotel to record this prog rock album at a time when the Soviet Union banned all rock music. Sometimes, I think they are actually quieting down to avoid detection, and, especially near the end of the epic "Universe", I feel like I can hear sirens as the group plays what could be its final sequences.

Luckily they return with several more strong tracks, such as the contemplative "Share Part 3" with its chilling use of vocoder. While the album and song titles are in English, Dawn Dialogue sings in Russian which, with the abundant keyboards, helps to create almost a gothic symphonic atmosphere , not unlike that conveyed by Eloy around the same period (Colours, Time to Turn, Metromania), and they seem more influenced by Yes than any other classic band, but they really do establish their own sound. In "Share Part 4", the lead guitar carries an emotional theme before ceding to more keyboards and an almost native-American sounding vocal part. The share "Epilog" is the closest thing to an out and out ballad on the CD, albeit a spacey one with power ballad trappings.

The opening "Share Parts 1 and 2" suffers from a coming out of nowhere feeling, and perhaps the album would have been better served to open with the lengthy and well developed "Universe" instead. In general, this is not the most accessible album but is worth discovering from both a historical and musical point of view. On both counts it holds enough interest to spark a dialogue amongst symphonic prog fans at any time of day.

Send comments to kenethlevine (BETA) | Report this review (#132303) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Post a review of DIALOGUE (DAWN DIALOGUE) "I Put the Spell on the Fire"