NORD

Year of No Light Nord album cover

Buy YEAR OF NO LIGHT Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Selenite (5:04)
2. L'angoisse Du Veilleur De Nuit D'autoroute Les Soirs D'alarme A Accident (3:02)
3. Traversee (9:00)
4. Librium (2:15)
5. Les Mains De L'empereur (9:57)
6. Tu As Fait De Moi Un Homme Meilleur (4:40)
7. Somnaubule (8:37)
8. Prosodia (2:34)
9. Par Economie Pendant La Crise On Eteint La Lumiere Au Bout Du Tunnel (5:36)
10. La Bouche De Vitus Bering (7:40)

Search YEAR OF NO LIGHT Nord lyrics

Search YEAR OF NO LIGHT Nord tabs

- Pierre Anouilh / guitar
- Jérôme Alban / guitar
- Julien Perez / vocals, keyboards
- Johan Sebenne / bass
- Bertrand Sebenne / drums

CD Radar Swarm Records #RSR011 (2006)
CD Crucial Blast Records #CBR60 (2007)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

YEAR OF NO LIGHT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YEAR OF NO LIGHT Nord Music

Year Of No Light 'Ausserwelt'Year Of No Light 'Ausserwelt'
Conspiracy Records 2011
Imports 2013
Vinyl$33.92
TocsinTocsin
Debemur Morti Prod. 2014
Ausserwelt double twelve inch recordingAusserwelt double twelve inch recording
Music Fear Satan
Vinyl$49.99
Split [Vinyl]Split [Vinyl]
PID 2010
Vinyl$62.77
Nord by Year of No Light (CD, May-2007, Crucial Blast)promo US $20.00 Buy It Now 1 day
YEAR OF NO LIGHT/EAS - THREE WAY SPLIT [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $12.87 Buy It Now 1 day
Year of No Light "Nord" Rare Promo Sludge Metal CD 2006 Crucial Blast US $0.99 [0 bids]
Year Of No Light - Vampyr [Vinyl New] US $63.50 Buy It Now 2 days
ALKALYS Choeur Delys CD french ambient rock Mogwai neurosis year of no light US $11.98 Buy It Now 3 days
ALKALYS A Pack of Lies CD french ambient rock Mogwai neurosis year of no light US $11.98 Buy It Now 3 days
Year Of No Light/Fear Falls Burning - Live At Roadburn 2008 [CD New] US $30.37 Buy It Now 4 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT / FEAR FALLS BURNING - LIVE AT ROADBURN 2008 (UK) NEW CD US $35.66 Buy It Now 4 days
Year Of No Light Fear Falls Burning - Live At Roadburn 2008 CD US $30.38 Buy It Now 4 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT - NORD [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD BOXSET US $17.65 Buy It Now 5 days
KRAKEN Exalt CD blackened Quebecois sludge celeste isis year of no light tragedy US $5.98 Buy It Now 6 days
KRAKEN s/t CD blackened Quebecois sludge celeste isis year of no light overmars US $5.98 Buy It Now 6 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT-TOCSIN-JAPAN 2 CD BONUS TRACK G35 zd US $33.99 Buy It Now 6 days
SUNSHINE PARKER Intrusive CDR French avant guitar drone year of no light troum US $5.00 Buy It Now 6 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT/FEAR FALLS BURNING - LIVE AT ROADBURN 2008 - RBR017 US $25.21 Buy It Now 7 days
CALDERA Mist Through Your Consciousness CD french math-sludge year of no light US $11.99 Buy It Now 7 days
Year Of No Light ?- Nord 2 x LP Import Gatefold NEW US $34.99 Buy It Now 8 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT / ALTAR OF PLAGUES - Split LP - MINT - black doom US $19.48 [0 bids]
YEAR OF NO LIGHT / THISQUIETARMY NEW CD US $17.90 Buy It Now 9 days
VANCOUVER The Moment CD Swiss sludge metal zatokrev koma year of no light jesu US $9.98 Buy It Now 9 days
ROSETTA / EAST OF THE WALL / YEAR OF NO LIGHT - THREE WAY SPLIT NEW CD US $18.64 Buy It Now 9 days
THE AUTUMN PROJECT Fable CD dreamsludge pelican mogwai year of no light **NEW** US $8.98 Buy It Now 11 days
Year Of No Light/Thisquietarmy - Year Of No Light/Thisquietarmy Split [CD New] US $11.71 Buy It Now 12 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT / MACHU PICCHU MOTHER FUTURE s/t LP souvenirs young america NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
AMENRA Mass I LP Ltd 1200 doom/sludge Neurosis Year Of No Light Cult Of Luna US $26.79 Buy It Now 17 days
NEXUS SUN La Porte De Non Retour CD French drone year of no light troum ashra US $9.98 Buy It Now 18 days
GENERAL LEE Hannibal Ad Portas CD french metalgaze year of no light omega massif US $12.98 Buy It Now 19 days
Year Of No Light Thisquietarmy CD US $14.72 Buy It Now 20 days
Rosetta East Of The Wall Year Of No Light - Three Way Split CD US $16.43 Buy It Now 20 days
Neurosis - Sovereign 12" EP LP Neurot - Converge Isis Cave In Year of No Light US $50.00 Buy It Now 22 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT - NORD (DELUXE EDITION) - MUF013 US $25.80 Buy It Now 23 days
Cerná- Restoring Life Digipak Post Black Metal (Deafheaven, Year Of No Light) US $6.99 Buy It Now 24 days
Set and Setting Equanimity Cassette Explosions in the Sky Year of No Light Earth US $7.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Vampyr - Year Of No Light New & Sealed LP Free Shipping US $80.59 Buy It Now 26 days
Year of No Light/thisquietarmy - Of No Light Year New & Sealed Compact Disc Free US $19.49 Buy It Now 26 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT / KARYSUN Adoration / Salvation 7" EP sludge metal monarch NEW US $8.00 Buy It Now 27 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT/THI - YEAR OF NO LIGHT/THISQUIETARMY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $8.70 Buy It Now 27 days
Year Of No Light - Ausserwelt 2 x LP Import Gatefold NEW US $39.99 Buy It Now 28 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT - VAMPYR (UK) NEW VINYL US $97.99 Buy It Now 28 days
YEAR OF NO LIGHT - VAMPYR (2LP+CD) - MUF025 US $150.96 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy YEAR OF NO LIGHT music online Buy YEAR OF NO LIGHT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YEAR OF NO LIGHT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

YEAR OF NO LIGHT Nord ratings distribution

YEAR OF NO LIGHT Nord reviews

3 stars YEAR OF NO LIGHT play a style of music that matches their apocalyptic name. This is Post-Metal in the ISIS mode. With 2 guitarists, a bass player, a drummer, and a vocalist who sounds like he just came out of the pit of hell, YEAR OF NO LIGHT's goal is to pummel you into submission. I gave up rather quickly. I was surprised to learn these guys are from France.

"Selenite" is a great opening instrumental track. It's heavy yet catchy with some Post Rock style guitars before 3 minutes. The second song with the title that doesn't end is rather fast paced with screaming vocals that are down in the mix quite a bit thankfully. Actually this is the case with the vocals throughout this record as they are almost used like another instrument. This song smokes,an amazing tune ! "Traversee" has a slower paced beat with guitar sounds that fill the air. Nice. The vocals 3 minutes in are screaming out but the guitars are screaming louder. The melody is actually catchy but the sound is so loud ! This is a sonic assault like I have never heard before. "Librium" is a short,spacey instrumental that allows my speakers to cool down.

"Les Mains De L'Impereur" is a crushing song with crushing vocals. 2 minutes in a doom like atmosphere arrives with a BLACK SABBATH feel to it. Lots of bass and bottom end.The song does get close to being pastoral before some ripping guitars come in to end it. "Tu As Fait De Moi Un Homme Meilleur" might just have the best sounding instrumental work yet. The guitar melodies are heavy and the vocals are from the depths. Check it out 2 1/2 minutes in. "Somnaubule" is a little faster paced. It's a catchy instrumental that ends with a few minutes of spacey atmosphere. "Prosodia" is another instrumental that is mellow with slowly picked guitars Post Rock style. There is some computer generated sounds to end it. The ninth song has another very long title and the vocals are back. This song has an amazing soundscape with great bass and scorching guitar. "La Bouche De Vitus Bering" is the final song and the hardest to listen to. I usually skip it because the vocals are throat ripping in this slow paced tune.

This should have come with a warning label ! Anyway I really liked it but listen at your own risk. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#129963) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 23, 2007

Review by Dim
3 stars I was had no idea what to expect from a french post metal band, especially a french post metal band with an English name, but spoke french. Anyways the first thing I gathered from this band was: PURE POST METAL! These guys are the most post metal band of any post metal band I've heard: brutal vocals, spacey guitar interludes, primal drumming, soft moments, and absolute blood bath moments. I also noticed that the recording on the vocals was kind of muddy, which was a let down, cause I wanted to hear some french brute scream in french, which would be a new and exciting thing for me, sadly it's hard to even make out a syllable.

Good thing about the album is that it doesnt follow a musical trend that most post metal bands seem to follow, but at the same time the songs are very similar, therefore making the album seem like one long song, which is a very good thing IMO. The album starts on a heavy note, a VERY heavy note, with hardcore-like tendencies to build up, then come to a screeching halt, then brake down with lots of power and emotion, and some times do small interludes with undistorted guitars with delay, drawing on an influence from Cult of Luna no doubt. Towards the middle of the album, the music gets softer, and becomes more instrumental and beautiful, with keyboards letting the music flow, a break amongst the chaos going around. Then it comes back, but in a more sublime way, keyboards now give a backdrop, while the guitars are playing simple power chords, these two elements make the music seem more emotional, making very very fun to listen to.

The first part, very Neurosis influenced with lines upon lines of yelling and screaming with brakes towards the end, repetitive, and not much fun. The second part, sublime, and very smooth, with a constant ebb and flow. The third part powerful and emotional, with the trademark of Isis written all over it. I feel bad for giving the album a three star, maybe upon further listening, I will edit, and give it four, but that first part kills me every time. until then, three stars.

Send comments to Dim (BETA) | Report this review (#156439) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 23, 2007

Review by friso
4 stars Quelle horreur! This is an amazing kind of slow psychadelic death metal album. The guitars sound heavy, but the music has a strong melody with a lot of emotional energy. Something to put in your cd player when you are really down. It always cheers me up!

On this album you will not find exclusive guitar work, no fast solo's. But the riffs are just amazing! Some of the psychadelic parts also work perfect. Year of no Light made a very good album on a very easy basis. They just worked it out. I would not consider is as prog, but it's a record you should by if you also like very harsh metal.

Four stars!

Send comments to friso (BETA) | Report this review (#161033) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Review by UMUR
4 stars Nord is the debut album from French post metal band Year of no Light. I don´t know much about the band except that I was pleasantly surprised when I listened to Nord. The album was released in 2006. Year of no Light consists of two guitarists, one bassist, one drummer and a singer who also operates keyboards.

The music is very heavy and I´m more than one time reminded of Isis which is also due to the use of distorted hardcore growling vocals. Year of no Light also has a very melodic and sometimes allmost symphonic edge to their music which reminds me of a band like Shels. There are actually a considerable amount of melody amidst the heavy riffing which suits me fine. In post metal the riffs have a tendency to overstay their welcome but that is not the case with Year of No Light. They do play their riffs many times but they always build towards a climax and their way of doing this always seem to work.

The musiciaship is very good. The band is tight and I especially enjoy the sparse use of keyboards which means that Year of No Light has an extra trick up the sleeve when it is needed.

The production is very powerful.

The cover artwork is well done and gives you an indication of what´s inside.

Year of No Light is one of those albums that moves my boundaries when it comes ot liking a genre like Post Metal. It´s really enjoyable for me that some post metal bands appeal to me even though the genre as a whole isn´t the most exciting music style for me. Nord is so good that I´ll even reward it with a 4 star rating for being very heavy yet melodic and memorable. Great album.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#176835) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, July 14, 2008

Review by Negoba
2 stars ZZZZzzzzzzz........Napping in a Mud Pot

Year of No Light is a post-metal band from France and NORD is their debut album. While all post-rock and post-metal can be hypnotic, YoNL is mind-numbing. They seem to know their genre well, but their take on it is quite color-by-numbers. The band insperses sludgy riffs with some semi-clean post-rock strumming and melancholy leads. These are standard for the genre, but none really ascend to the level of cold beauty that some bands achieve. This elusive quality is what separates dull, boring work from the mildly sublime. On NORD, YoNL sits firmly in the former category. Their black-ish harsh screamed vocals do absolutely nothing for me. None of the riffs are memorable. Melodies are cookie cutter.

Some who enjoy the new black ambient works might get more out of this record than I do. If having music that evokes the sound of suffering through a migraine appeals, then NORD is your album. Perhaps sitting in a dungeon in sweltering 110 degree summer heat. The heaviness is there. The feeling of oppression is communicated. Occasionally there is a little trippy vibe that I can identify as something other than unpleasant. But there are certainly no surprises, no signature elements to move this album out of the genre's pack. Frankly, the album is pretty boring.

The clean parts are much better than the heavy sections, but unfortunately those occupy less than 1/4 of the album. Even so, every true post-rock albums has ten times as many good ideas. I reserve 1 star reviews for truly aversive, painful stuff. This is just dull.

Send comments to Negoba (BETA) | Report this review (#473674) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, July 01, 2011

3 stars The debut album by these gloom mongers. My approach to this album is from the funeral doom angle. A genre I know well. Year Of No Light may also have had their origins from there...... or the hard core genre. But they have taken a large chunk of funeral doom, added a large chunk of post rock an ... (read more)

Report this review (#472119) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Wednesday, June 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YEAR OF NO LIGHT "Nord"