FAMILY - MASTERS FROM THE VAULTS

2. Part Of The Load
3. Good News - Bad News
4. No Mule's Fool
5. The Weaver's Answer

Bonus Track: Strange Band (3:00)
Masters From The Vaults (16:00)
Classic Rock Showcase (43:00)

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults lyrics

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults tabs

- Roger Chapman
- John 'Charlie'Whitney
- Poli Palmer
- John Wieder
- Rob Townsend

DVD Classic Rock Legends 1023 (2003)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults Music

CHILDREN/FAMILY-RUGRATS MOVIE / (WS AC3) DVD NEW US $10.00 Buy It Now 35m 13s
CHILDREN/FAMILY-FIRST DOG (DVD) DVD NEW US $8.22 Buy It Now 35m 14s
Family Ties DVD Complete First Season One 1 Comedy 22 Episodes Brand New 4-Disc US $9.25 Buy It Now 43m 18s
The Smurfs: A Christmas Carol ( DVD, 2013) Children's Holiday, Family Movie US $6.39 Buy It Now 48m 20s
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set) US $7.95 Buy It Now 50m 38s
Family Guy - Seasons 1 ,2 & 3 and Volume 3 US $0.99 [0 bids]
51m 34s
Adventures of the Wilderness Family US $5.99 Buy It Now 58m 14s
DVD - King of California - 2007 - Michael Douglas/Evan Rachel Wood - Family US $2.50 [0 bids]
1h
Women Of Courage 4 Family Movi (2011) - Dvd US $0.99 [0 bids]
DVD Lot Family Guy Volume 4 / How I Met Your Mother Season 1 - DISCS ONLY US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
R.L.Stine GOOSEBUMPS Attack of the Jack-o-Lanterns (DVD,1996 ) childrens/family US $4.50 Buy It Now 1h 8m
FAMILY TIES: SSN 3 NEW DVD US $16.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Lot of 23 Walt Disney Children's & Family VHS movie tapes in clamshell cases US $12.00 [0 bids]
AC/DC - Family Jewels (DVD, 2005, 2-Disc Set) US $2.99 [0 bids]
John Mills: 4 DVD Box Set. The Family Way, The Gentle Gunman, etc. VGC US $17.61 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Johnson Family Vacation, Good DVD, Cedric the Entertainer, Vanessa Williams (VII US $6.89 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Speed Racer: Wonderful World of Racing: The Amazing Racer Family (DVD, 2008) US $2.50 [0 bids]
Family Bible FIlms!!!! Brand new DVD!!!! Title of DVD is "Long Journey" !!!! US $10.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $9.99 [0 bids]
The Eden String Quartet DVD - Franklin Springs Family Media US $4.99 [1 bids]
1998 Tri Star Videos Madeline VHS Movie Children and Family Rated PG US $1.16 [0 bids]
Stepmom (DVD, 1999, Closed Caption) -- Family Divorce Children Illness US $2.75 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set) US $10.50 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Family Bonds DVD - The Complete First Season 2-Disc Set - HBO - NEW US $2.99 [0 bids]
Family Features Laugh Out Loud , Country Gentlemen,Beverly Hillbillies,+ (DVD) US $1.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
FAMILY PLOT [DVD] [WIDESCREEN] [1995] [REGION 1] [025192830525] - NEW DVD US $12.98 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Grumpy Old Men & The Family Man VHS US $0.99 [0 bids]
COLUMBIA HOUSE, PERSONALITY TRAITS , ALL IN THE FAMILY (VHS, 1973, 74) CLAMSHELL US $2.00 [0 bids]
COLUMBIA HOUSE, MOVING OUT., ALL IN THE FAMILY (VHS, 1973, 75, 78,79) CLAMSHELL US $2.00 [0 bids]
COLUMBIA HOUSE, THE KING OF QUEENS , ALL IN THE FAMILY (VHS, 1971, 74) CLAMSHELL US $2.00 [0 bids]
THE FAMILY MAN MAKE UP A BEST OFFER US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
The Family Stone (DVD, 2006, Full Frame) US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
ALL IN THE FAMILY COLLECTOR'S EDITION VHS ~ NEW ~ CRIME DOESN'T PAY COLLECTION US $1.99 [0 bids]
A CHRISTMAS CAROL 1938 : DVD Warner Brothers USED Reginald Owen OOP family US $2.95 [0 bids]
OKAVANGO : Family Value Films DVD African adventure NEW (4 episodes) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Letter of Introduction (VHS) Family Entertainment US $2.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, NEW Sealed ) L2B US $18.04 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Walt Disney's SNOW BUDDIES (2008 DVD) Children/Kids/Family Movie USED! US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Addams Family Values Anjelica Houston Christopher Lloyd Widescreen Laserdisc US $0.99 [0 bids]
SCOOBY-DOO (2007 Blu-Ray Disc) Family Movie *Gently Used, Viewed Only Once* US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Dreamworks SHREK THE THIRD (2007 DVD) Full Screen *Children/Kids/Family Movie* US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
MADAGASCAR (2005 DVD) FS *Fullscreen* USED Animated/Family Cartoon! US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
SPACE CHIMPS (2008 Blu-Ray Disc) Widescreen *USED* Childrens/Family/Kids Movie! US $6.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Snow 2: Brain Freeze (DVD, 2009) ABC Family Movies US $1.99 [0 bids]
Misty (DVD, 2003) Family Classics US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (4-Disc Fullscreen DVD Set) *READ* US $14.08 Buy It Now 2h 29m
FREE WILLY VHS, 1993 starring Jason James, GREAT FAMILY MOVIE US $2.79 [0 bids]
FAMILY APPROACH TO PRENATAL CARE Lynn Redgrave VHS documentary US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
The Family Man (DVD, 2001) New US $4.00 [0 bids]
Laugh It Up: Family Guy Trilogy US $2.87 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $5.00 [0 bids]
PARTRIDGE FAMILY: SEASONS 1 & 2 (4PC) / NEW DVD US $14.56 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Jumanji (Widescreen) Robin Williams - an adventure ride for the whole family US $5.18 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Family Guy: Star Wars DVD box sets US $50.16 Buy It Now 2h 48m
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas SteelBook, (Metal Case) [DVD: 2, Drama, Family] US $51.00 Buy It Now 2h 50m
LOT LDS VHS TAPES FAMILY HOME EVENING 2 OUT OF STEP OPTIONS & ESSENTIALS WELFARE US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
The Retrievers Blu-ray Disc, 2012 NEW! ROBERT WAGNER,BETTY WHITE,FAMILY MOVIE US $4.66 Buy It Now 2h 58m
FAMILY COLLECTION-THE BABYSITTERS CLUB VHS MOVIE US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h
PUNKY BREWSTER Lot of 2 Family DVD 8 Episodes + 10 Episodes = 18 Episodes Total US $15.00 [0 bids]
3h
Addams Family Values (VHS, 1994) US $0.99 [3 bids]
Joe Somebody (DVD, 2002, Widescreen and Pan & Scan) Family Fun US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Forgotten (DVD, 2005) Family Fun Entertainment Popcorn Cartoon US $3.00 [0 bids]
Despicable Me 2 (DVD, 2013) Rated PG Family Movie US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 6m
TCM GREATEST CLASSIC FILMS COLLECTION: FAMILY - NEW DVD BOXSET US $14.89 Buy It Now 3h 8m
The Legend of Wolf Mountain - An 8 Movie Family Adventure DVD collection US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DVD MOVIE THE FAMILY MAN, WIDESCREEN (LP1026858) US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 10m
KINGDOM COME/JOHNSON FAMILY VACATION - NEW DVD US $10.99 Buy It Now 3h 11m
Large 49 Disney / Family VHS Movies Lot w/Clamshell US $34.98 Buy It Now 3h 13m
GAME SHOW MOMENTS GONE BANANAS Family Feud Match Game Classic TV Shows DVD NEW US $4.50 [0 bids]
DECK THE HALLS (DVD B4) DANNY DEVITO - CHRISTMAS COMEDY - FAMILY FUNNY - HOLIDAY US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 15m
MARY WHITE Ed Flanders DVD "Family Classic" *OOP-Out of Print! *FREE SHP! = US $8.00 Buy It Now 3h 17m
RUNNING WILD (DVD, 2011) New Sealed - Brooke Shields Outstanding Family Film PG US $4.95 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Blue Harvest, DVD, , Dominic Polcino US $6.39 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Children Make Terrible Pets and more stories about family by Lucille Beatrice B US $10.76 Buy It Now 3h 27m
Lot of 3 PSP UMD movies ~ Family Guy, Season 2 Discs 2 , 4 @ 5 No Jacket US $4.99 [0 bids]
Radio (DVD, 2004) Family Fun Popcorn Entertainment Group Cartoon Cuba Gooding Jr US $3.00 [0 bids]
Family Fantasy Adventure: 8 Movies (DVD, 2013, 2-Disc Set) childrens' Movies US $1.50 [0 bids]
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (DVD, 2006, Widescreen) Family Fun US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Addams Family (Blu-ray Disc, 2014) US $5.24 [2 bids]
The Laugh It Up, Fuzzball: The Family Guy Trilogy (Blu-ray Disc, 2010, 3-Disc Se US $7.51 [2 bids]
Family Thanksgiving - DVD Region 1 Brand New Free Shipping US $11.75 Buy It Now 3h 33m
A Family At War: Series 3 = NEW DVD R4 US $56.81 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Family Affair: Season 3 = NEW DVD R4 US $27.47 Buy It Now 3h 35m
Family Guy: Season 12 = NEW DVD R4 US $34.29 Buy It Now 3h 36m
Family Guy (DVD) Volumes 2 & 4 & 5 US $12.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy, Vol. 2: Season 3 by Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mil US $3.99 Buy It Now 3h 37m
Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (DVD, 2005, Unrated) US $1.00 [0 bids]
Charles Bronson - 2 Pack: Assassination/The Family (2 vhs tapes) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Female Wrestling - Family Affair - Double Trouble US $9.99 [0 bids]
modern family season 3 US $2.99 [0 bids]
PB CHILDREN/FAMILY-BOLD EAGLES (DVD/WS 1.78/16X9) DVD NEW US $20.56 Buy It Now 3h 54m
modern family season one US $4.99 [0 bids]
8 Family Movies DVD Chihuahua, Gordy, Wide Awake, Into The West Two Bits Pastime US $4.50 [0 bids]
Disney / Family VHS Lot Of 32 Tapes (Mostly Disney) Great Titles, SEE PHOTOS!!! US $22.50 [0 bids]
Family Affair: Season One 1 First DVD US $11.50 [0 bids]
BLU-RAY Family 3-Pack - Ice Age, Ice Age 2 The Meltdown, Alvin and the Chipmunks US $16.44 [0 bids]
Open Season animated like new original case family children US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 59m
12 Lot DVD Kids Family DISNEY SHREK SPIDERMAN SPONGEBOB US $12.50 [8 bids]
DORF ON GOLF(VHS, 1998) - TIM CONWAY - COMEDY - FAMILY FUN US $10.00 Buy It Now 4h

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults ratings distribution

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Now, a quick word of commentary (myself being Family's, apparently, last commentator. Sniff. Well, whatever gets you up in the morning) before we continue: the track listing on this thing is SCREWY, with a capital Z.

Okay, so then this is Family's Slipstream. And, what do you know? It's a lot worse. Just as much fun though, although I wonder if that was the point. Heh. See, just like Slipstream, this is a collection of conceptual videos and live, concert footage. The difference is, of course, that Jethro Tull is a professional powerhouse, and Family is, well, Family. Which means that these films are energetic and roughly played, but sloppy as hell. Oh, and, there's this annoying habit of starting the songs in the middle and cutting out before the end...

"Strange Family" is, for whatever reason, considered a bonus track. Oh well, ignore that. It's right at the start (although first we see Poli Palmer screwing up on a vibraphone. Don't worry though, he gets it later on). Anyway, nothing too special about it. Chappo does a good job screaming though (and nice violin lines). "Part of the Load" is good from an audio point of view, but that's because it seems to be dubbed in from somewhere (unless, you know, Chappo honestly CAN make a dual-vibrato on his lonesome, and I'm not exactly ruling that out). But, say, the video is actually kinda cool.

And then it fades out, and "Good News Bad News" comes outta nowhere! I love Chappo's little introduction, and it's certainly a good workout for him both vocally and visually (watch the tambourine!). Other than that, the (attempted) vocal harmonies are kinda cool, and it's certainly energetic and visceral enough, but I detect a couple of missed notes in the somewhat messy jam. "Holding the Compass" starts out as kind of a dorky live number, but turns into this real cool video of the band just sort of dicking around! It's too bad that, once again and as usual, it seems to end before it's really had a chance to start.

Since "Music in a Doll's House" isn't represented my hope is, naturally, mostly with the Family Entertainment material, and "Processions" goes off beautifully (yeah, you heard me, "Processions"). If you thought it was nice before, listen to it now. For one thing, they've slowed it down, allowing the tune to stretch out and breathe. In fact, it's slightly augmented with some lyrical allusions to "No Mule's Fool" (hence the mislabeling), but trust me, more "Processions" than "Fool" 'bout this'n. The soloing has also been extended to allow for the guitar and violin. I miss the piano, but that gorgeous violin really makes up for it. Best song on the video, although I'd rather have something less offensive than Chappo's head obscuring the screen half the time...

I hate to say it, but "The Weaver's Answer" lets me down. It is, like all their live versions, extended, and features Chappo taking things a little less...subtly. But that's not the issue; I'm more concerned about the energy. Where is it? The rhythm section is great (Townshead is awesome, as usual), but where's the manic soloing? The instrument noises popping in everywhere? Admittedly, the flute is used creatively, but it's still an average live performance. Which IS good...but I expected great! Oh well, still worth it for Chappo, especially at the end.

By the way, "Weaver" has one of the more interesting videos, although a close call is the ending credits (over which "Dim" plays, but it's just the album version). The chubby girl in the bad wig runs around in fast motion and dances with the band (?). Yeah, it's THAT good.

I know this gets a pure three star rating; that's because, as far as video goes, it's pretty crumby. The special features are all ads, and the main attraction is a mixed bag that largely depends on your love of the band. Me? I adore Family, so I'd set a high mark in my personal book. And so should all Family fans. The lads aren't touring anymore, right? This is the only place you're gonna see your heroes!

And, if I might extend that, I think that's it's almost essential for any (fellow) diehard Tullers to see this video. Family's influence on Tull is evident in the music, to be sure, but you really have to SEE Family to see how Mr. Chapman influenced Ian's stage persona. Chappo certainly embodies the figure of the totally controlled, perfectly restrained psychopath, always ready to go nuts.

Still, I guess what I mean to say is that is not bound to make any converts. It was the first Family product I owned, but I was already predisposed towards Family (having already mentally prepared myself with samples of the band. OoOo, "Weaver"). And, from that point of view, it could work...if it weren't so damn laughable half the time. Unless that's the point. But everyone else? Seeing Chappo go into an epileptic fit on stage while "butchering" the classic might just not do it.

But you know what? Screw 'em! Let the rest of the world go "What the CRAP was that?" You and me, we're Family fans! We can just smile, shake our heads, and say, "That's our Chappo!"

By the way, I really wasn't kidding when I said that all the extras on this thing were ads. I won't really bother going into them, suffice to say that they're all prog (and prog-related) DVDs in their collection; you just have to choose your other favorites. You should watch 'em once, just to see the clueless fanboys being interviewed by the Norwegian chick. As for me, I recommend the Uriah Heep one, if only for the appearance of a certain special guest...while everyone else is worried about their super important "project," he's talking about the menu!

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#144708) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post a review of FAMILY "Family - Masters From The Vaults"