FAMILY - MASTERS FROM THE VAULTS

2. Part Of The Load
3. Good News - Bad News
4. No Mule's Fool
5. The Weaver's Answer

Bonus Track: Strange Band (3:00)
Masters From The Vaults (16:00)
Classic Rock Showcase (43:00)

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults lyrics

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults tabs

- Roger Chapman
- John 'Charlie'Whitney
- Poli Palmer
- John Wieder
- Rob Townsend

DVD Classic Rock Legends 1023 (2003)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults Music

Family Guy : Season 1 (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set) 73167 US $7.93 Buy It Now 33m 14s
FAMILY BUSINESS vhs SEAN CONNERY - MATTHEW BRODERICK - DUSTIN HOFFMAN ~ COMEDY US $2.99 Buy It Now 37m 40s
DVD Family Guy Volume Seven 7 replacement disc three 3 US $5.00 Buy It Now 38m 16s
Family Guy - The Freakin' Sweet Collection (DVD, 2004) US $5.89 Buy It Now 38m 16s
Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) four US $5.89 Buy It Now 38m 16s
8 FAMILY PACK DVD'S MOVIES #714 MINUTES FAMILY KIDS ECHO HOME ENTERTAIMENT FUN! US $3.40 Buy It Now 38m 56s
KATHIE LEE GIFFORD High Energy Fitness Fun - 1994 VHS New See her home & family! US $7.10 Buy It Now 40m 38s
DVD Family Guy Volume Seven 7 replacement disc two 2 US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
VHS Tape, Entre Familia Family Talk, Un Video Para Los Padres Sobre Como Hablar US $0.99 [0 bids]
44m 20s
Family Guy Volume 1 Seasons 1 & 2 DVD 4-disc Set 2009 Used Complete US $8.50 Buy It Now 44m 57s
Gene Simmons Family Jewels Season 1 & 2 US $5.75 [0 bids]
45m 23s
DVD - THE TESTAMENTS OF ONE FOLD AND ONE SHEPERD - HOME AND FAMILY COLLECTION US $12.75 Buy It Now 50m 31s
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest Special Edition + Something Something Darkside US $18.99 [0 bids]
52m 15s
Jingle all the way DVD family fun edition US $5.49 Buy It Now 56m 47s
Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family (DVD, 2011) US $8.88 Buy It Now 58m 28s
18 FAMILY MOVIES (4 DVDS) Chihuahua: The Movie (DVD, 2013) & 17 others.. US $7.50 Buy It Now 58m 56s
billy graham HOPE FOR THE FAMILY VHS VIDEOTAPE US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h
FAMILY GUY: IT'S A TRAP NEW DVD US $13.54 Buy It Now 1h 3m
10 Movie Family Pack-Used,Dvd,Bakers Hawk, Uncross The Stars, Little Girl Lost US $4.99 [0 bids]
HOLIDAZE The Christmas That Almost Didn't Happen DVD 2006 Family Movie used US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Disney's DINOSAURS Complete First & Second Seasons DVD 4-Discs Set Family Show US $59.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
CLARK GABLE On Film The Painted Desert Special Ed. DVD 2000 Family Movie used US $6.49 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Patrick Swayze THREE WISHES Magic Will Find You Family DVD Movie 1995 PG US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Seabiscuit (DVD, 2003) Brand New - Still In Wrapper Great Family Movie US $5.75 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Hope Ranch (DVD)- FAMILY FILM-LORENZO LAMAS-BRUCE BOXLEITNER-TROUBLED TEENS-NEW! US $3.97 [0 bids]
Madea's Family Reunion: The Play DVD NEW [Tyler Perry's] US $12.54 Buy It Now 1h 11m
All in the Family - Season 7 DVD NEW [Complete Seventh Season] [3 Disc] US $28.54 Buy It Now 1h 11m
All in the Family - Season 8 DVD NEW [Complete Eighth Season] [3 Disc] US $28.54 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Mama's Family - Season 1 DVD NEW [Complete First Season] [3 Disc] US $22.55 Buy It Now 1h 11m
All in the Family - Season 9 DVD NEW [Complete Ninth Season] [3 Disc] US $28.54 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Mama's Family - Season 1: Mama's Favorites DVD NEW US $14.64 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Mama's Family - Season 2 DVD NEW [Complete Second Season] [3 Disc] US $27.66 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Family Matters - Season 3 DVD NEW [Complete Third Season] [3 Disc] US $22.55 Buy It Now 1h 12m
FAMILY FUN PACK QUADRUPLE FEATURE (2PC) (WS) NEW DVD US $15.27 Buy It Now 1h 13m
FAMILY GUY Blu-Ray set Something Dark Side lunch box set + T shirt US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Madea's Big Happy Family (Blu-ray Disc, 2010) US $2.29 [4 bids]
All Dogs Go to Heaven (VHS, 2000, Clam Shell; Family Entertainment) US $3.88 Buy It Now 1h 18m
FAMILY COLLECTORS SET 5 / NEW DVD US $9.88 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Family Guy - Vol. 6 (DVD, 2008, 3-Disc Set) (D-700) US $7.20 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $0.99 [0 bids]
*RARE* 1990 The Bear Film Columbia Family Tri Star Movie VHS US $3.00 [0 bids]
Wildflower (VHS, 2003) children & family movie US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Matters: The Complete Third Season (DVD, 2013, 3-Disc Set) US $31.55 Buy It Now 1h 29m
10 Dvd Lot Transformers Rocket Park Winston Cup Spiderman 3 Species Family Guy US $10.00 [0 bids]
Selma, Lord, Selma (VHS, 2001, Clam Shell) classic children & family movie US $5.99 [0 bids]
Family/Children Christmas Comedy ~ SANTA AND THE THREE BEARS (VHS 1992) ~ GUC US $3.98 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Beowulf DVD Brand New family Entertainment Great Gift! Save For the Holidays US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
An American Tail Family Double Feature (DVD, 2005) US $14.45 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Family Ties - The Complete First Season DVD, Michael J Fox, Justine Bateman US $4.99 [0 bids]
CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG Children&Family DVD Educational ages 4-6 /SNAP TV US $10.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy Trilogy boxed set US $6.99 [0 bids]
Click DVD, Children's & Family, Comedy, and Frank Coraci ? US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 48m
CHILDREN'S / FAMILY VHS #1 (Lot of 10 Movies) - Good Condition / Free Shipping! US $5.88 [1 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $3.33 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set) US $3.33 [0 bids]
The Pebble and the Penguin (VHS, 1995, Clam Shell Case; Family Entertainment) US $3.88 Buy It Now 2h 2m
The Princess Bride (VHS, 1998, Clam Shell Case; Family Entertainment) US $3.88 Buy It Now 2h 4m
BEN HUR DVD ANIMATED CHILDREN FAMILY CLASSIC VOICE OF CHARLTON HESTON *NEW*R4 US $11.39 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Scooby-Doo in Arabian Nights - Kids & family Film US $6.00 Buy It Now 2h 10m
Family Guy ( Seasons 1,2 & 3 ) US $12.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
ANASTASIA (DVD, 2006, 2-Disc Family Fun Edition) US $9.50 Buy It Now 2h 10m
The Buttercream Gang, Lost barrens, Friendships Field (3) Feature Films Family US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Lot of 10 Disney Flubber The bear Rusty Tom Huck Nemo Vhs Children family Videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Lot of 10 Disney Aladdin Jafar Hey Arnold Pokemon Vhs Childrens family Videos ++ US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Lot of 10 Disney Black Cauldron Free Willy Rugrats + Vhs Children family Videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Lot of 10 Disney Inspector Gadget Pinocchio Tom Huck Vhs Children family Videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Lot of 10 Disney Home for Christmas Grinch Scrooge + Vhs Children family Videos US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Diary of Carlota NEW PAL Family DVD Lorena Mateo US $31.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
FAMILY GUY VOLUME FIVE DISC # 3 (DVD) SUPER DEAL NO CASE NO RESERVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
FAMILY GUY VOLUME SIX DISC # 1 (DVD) SUPER DEAL NO CASE NO RESERVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
FAMILY GUY VOLUME THREE DISC #1 EPISODES 1- 4 (DVD) NO CASE NO RESERVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
FAMILY GUY VOLUME 4 DISC # 2 (DVD) SUPER DEAL NO CASE NO RESERVE US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
The Addams Family (DVD, 2000, Sensormatic) Anjelica Huston, Raul Julia US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Johnson Family Vacation DVD Vanessa Williams, Cedric the Entertainer US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
ADDAMS FAMILY VALUES / HOTEL FOR DOGS / IMAGINE THAT / LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES US $17.83 Buy It Now 2h 22m
The Family Man (DVD, 2001, WS, Collector's Edition) Nicolas Cage US $3.50 Buy It Now 2h 26m
Jingle All the Way (DVD, 2007, Family Fun Edition) US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Gene Simmons Family Jewels - Season 5 DVD R4 *NEW & SEALED* US $20.19 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Family, Part 2 DVD Region 1, NTSC US $11.03 Buy It Now 2h 33m
A FAMILY THANKSGIVING ~ DVD BRAND NEW ~ A FAMILY THANKSGIVING US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 36m
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! DVD Children and Family holiday movie! US $8.00 [4 bids]
New unopened Disney's Pixar Ratatouille DVD, Children and family G rated US $7.95 [3 bids]
5 Children & It (DVD, 2005) New!! Sealed!! Kids/Family US $0.99 [0 bids]
Benji The Ultimat 4 Movie Collection (DVD) Kids/Family US $1.49 [0 bids]
The Littlest Light on the Christmas Tree n(DVD) New!! Sealed!! Kids/Family US $0.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy Presents Something Something Dark Side DVD Full Screen 1.33 US $19.40 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Family Plot DVD Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono Eng SDH Span US $18.50 Buy It Now 2h 52m
4 Movie Marathon Family Comedy Collection DVD 2 Discs US $11.09 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Celebrate Family DVD w/ Mommy Love You Notes US $12.55 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Family Matters Complete Season 1 DVD 3 Disc Viva US $20.96 Buy It Now 2h 53m
4 Film Favorites Family Comedies DVD 2 Disc US $13.84 Buy It Now 2h 53m
WE ARE FAMILY / VARIOUS NEW DVD US $19.26 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mod Miracle On Mountain Kincaid Family Story 2000 Remaster US $19.31 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Mod Family Secret DVD 1951 US $19.31 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Wayans Family Presents Thugaboo Sneaker Madness DVD Full Screen US $13.76 Buy It Now 2h 55m
All In The Family Season 7 DVD 3 Disc US $26.39 Buy It Now 2h 57m
All In The Family Season 8 DVD 3 Discs Full Frame US $24.87 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Goode Family Complete Series DVD 2 Discs US $19.57 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Mod Stuart Saves His Family DVD Snl Franken 1995 US $20.62 Buy It Now 2h 57m

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults ratings distribution

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Now, a quick word of commentary (myself being Family's, apparently, last commentator. Sniff. Well, whatever gets you up in the morning) before we continue: the track listing on this thing is SCREWY, with a capital Z.

Okay, so then this is Family's Slipstream. And, what do you know? It's a lot worse. Just as much fun though, although I wonder if that was the point. Heh. See, just like Slipstream, this is a collection of conceptual videos and live, concert footage. The difference is, of course, that Jethro Tull is a professional powerhouse, and Family is, well, Family. Which means that these films are energetic and roughly played, but sloppy as hell. Oh, and, there's this annoying habit of starting the songs in the middle and cutting out before the end...

"Strange Family" is, for whatever reason, considered a bonus track. Oh well, ignore that. It's right at the start (although first we see Poli Palmer screwing up on a vibraphone. Don't worry though, he gets it later on). Anyway, nothing too special about it. Chappo does a good job screaming though (and nice violin lines). "Part of the Load" is good from an audio point of view, but that's because it seems to be dubbed in from somewhere (unless, you know, Chappo honestly CAN make a dual-vibrato on his lonesome, and I'm not exactly ruling that out). But, say, the video is actually kinda cool.

And then it fades out, and "Good News Bad News" comes outta nowhere! I love Chappo's little introduction, and it's certainly a good workout for him both vocally and visually (watch the tambourine!). Other than that, the (attempted) vocal harmonies are kinda cool, and it's certainly energetic and visceral enough, but I detect a couple of missed notes in the somewhat messy jam. "Holding the Compass" starts out as kind of a dorky live number, but turns into this real cool video of the band just sort of dicking around! It's too bad that, once again and as usual, it seems to end before it's really had a chance to start.

Since "Music in a Doll's House" isn't represented my hope is, naturally, mostly with the Family Entertainment material, and "Processions" goes off beautifully (yeah, you heard me, "Processions"). If you thought it was nice before, listen to it now. For one thing, they've slowed it down, allowing the tune to stretch out and breathe. In fact, it's slightly augmented with some lyrical allusions to "No Mule's Fool" (hence the mislabeling), but trust me, more "Processions" than "Fool" 'bout this'n. The soloing has also been extended to allow for the guitar and violin. I miss the piano, but that gorgeous violin really makes up for it. Best song on the video, although I'd rather have something less offensive than Chappo's head obscuring the screen half the time...

I hate to say it, but "The Weaver's Answer" lets me down. It is, like all their live versions, extended, and features Chappo taking things a little less...subtly. But that's not the issue; I'm more concerned about the energy. Where is it? The rhythm section is great (Townshead is awesome, as usual), but where's the manic soloing? The instrument noises popping in everywhere? Admittedly, the flute is used creatively, but it's still an average live performance. Which IS good...but I expected great! Oh well, still worth it for Chappo, especially at the end.

By the way, "Weaver" has one of the more interesting videos, although a close call is the ending credits (over which "Dim" plays, but it's just the album version). The chubby girl in the bad wig runs around in fast motion and dances with the band (?). Yeah, it's THAT good.

I know this gets a pure three star rating; that's because, as far as video goes, it's pretty crumby. The special features are all ads, and the main attraction is a mixed bag that largely depends on your love of the band. Me? I adore Family, so I'd set a high mark in my personal book. And so should all Family fans. The lads aren't touring anymore, right? This is the only place you're gonna see your heroes!

And, if I might extend that, I think that's it's almost essential for any (fellow) diehard Tullers to see this video. Family's influence on Tull is evident in the music, to be sure, but you really have to SEE Family to see how Mr. Chapman influenced Ian's stage persona. Chappo certainly embodies the figure of the totally controlled, perfectly restrained psychopath, always ready to go nuts.

Still, I guess what I mean to say is that is not bound to make any converts. It was the first Family product I owned, but I was already predisposed towards Family (having already mentally prepared myself with samples of the band. OoOo, "Weaver"). And, from that point of view, it could work...if it weren't so damn laughable half the time. Unless that's the point. But everyone else? Seeing Chappo go into an epileptic fit on stage while "butchering" the classic might just not do it.

But you know what? Screw 'em! Let the rest of the world go "What the CRAP was that?" You and me, we're Family fans! We can just smile, shake our heads, and say, "That's our Chappo!"

By the way, I really wasn't kidding when I said that all the extras on this thing were ads. I won't really bother going into them, suffice to say that they're all prog (and prog-related) DVDs in their collection; you just have to choose your other favorites. You should watch 'em once, just to see the clueless fanboys being interviewed by the Norwegian chick. As for me, I recommend the Uriah Heep one, if only for the appearance of a certain special guest...while everyone else is worried about their super important "project," he's talking about the menu!

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#144708) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post a review of FAMILY "Family - Masters From The Vaults"