FAMILY - MASTERS FROM THE VAULTS

2. Part Of The Load
3. Good News - Bad News
4. No Mule's Fool
5. The Weaver's Answer

Bonus Track: Strange Band (3:00)
Masters From The Vaults (16:00)
Classic Rock Showcase (43:00)

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults lyrics

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults tabs

- Roger Chapman
- John 'Charlie'Whitney
- Poli Palmer
- John Wieder
- Rob Townsend

DVD Classic Rock Legends 1023 (2003)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults Music

Family Guy: Blue Harvest, DVD, , US $6.39 Buy It Now 30m 48s
FAMILY FUNNIES (DVD, 2004) *BRAND NEW! - LI'L ABNER, ANDY GRIFFITH, SIMPLE SIMON US $0.99 Buy It Now 31m 9s
NEW The Marzipan Pig VHS RARE Family Home Entertainment animated Video,Tim Curry US $6.99 Buy It Now 31m 41s
THE SECRET GARDEN wide-screen LaserDisc (Family Entertainment) US $5.00 [0 bids]
34m 4s
The Borrowers VHS RARE BBC Family Fantasy 2-tape Video, Ian Holm,Penelope Wilton US $2.00 [0 bids]
35m 53s
Family Guy Volume Four DVD Season 5 Complete FULL Five 4 3 Disc TV Show Series US $11.99 Buy It Now 39m 16s
All About John Deere for Kids Part 1 DVD CHILDREN'S & FAMILY US $11.99 Buy It Now 42m 25s
The Adventures of Milo and Otis DVD FAMILY ADVENTURE US $5.00 [0 bids]
42m 54s
FAMILY GUY SEASON BLU RAY US $9.99 [0 bids]
44m 24s
THE PERFECT FAMILY New Sealed DVD Kathleen Turner US $9.99 Buy It Now 47m 7s
FAMILY TIES Here Comes the Keatons VHS 4 Classic Episodes from 1982,1984 US $9.99 Buy It Now 48m 20s
Family Guy Dvds Volume 2, 3, 4,5,7 US $25.00 Buy It Now 48m 34s
Family Adventures, Vol. 1: Silence/Seven Alone/Alice's Adventures in Wonderland US $4.50 Buy It Now 49m 16s
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest US $0.99 [0 bids]
49m 46s
AKEELAH AND THE BEE - LAURENCE FISHBURNE - TOP FAMILY FILM - LIONSGATE US DVD US $7.85 Buy It Now 51m 21s
"FLY AWAY HOME" + "FREE WILLY" CLASSIC FAMILY FILMS CHILDREN ANIMAL LOVE VHS Lot US $1.99 Buy It Now 53m 4s
Addams Family, The - V. 3 (VHS, 1991) US $4.95 Buy It Now 53m 12s
THE CRIST FAMILY THROUGH THE ROOF (ACCOMPANIMENT PERFORMANCE TRACK) US $8.00 Buy It Now 58m 6s
Modern Family: Seasons 1-4 (1,2,3,4) (DVD Set) US $32.02 [18 bids]
59m 55s
FAMILY CLASSICS**THE PRINCESS COLLECTION**DVD US $4.91 Buy It Now 59m 58s
FAMILY GUY Volume ONE Complete SEASON 1 & 2 The EPISODE and TV SHOW on 4 DVD Set US $11.95 [0 bids]
1h
Modern Family: The Complete Fifth Season Season 5 five PREORDER SHIPS SEPT 23RD US $14.38 [10 bids]
"WB FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT'S THUMBELINA" (VHS,1994, CLAMSHELL, 86 MINUTES) US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 2m
A CHRISTMAS STORY Vtg CLASSIC Kids FAMILY Comedy HOLIDAY MOVIE Video on DVD New! US $11.95 [0 bids]
FAMILY GUY Volume TWO Complete SEASON 3 The EPISODE and TV SHOW Serie on DVD Set US $11.95 [0 bids]
Robin-B-Hood (DVD, 2007, 2-Disc Set, Family Packaging) Jackie Chan US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Family Man (DVD, 2001) Nicolas Cage Tia Leoni FREE SHIPPING! US $4.49 [0 bids]
My Family (VHS, 1999) US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
The Addams Family (DVD) WS US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Family Guy - Volume 5 (DVD, 2007, 3-Disc Set) US $5.95 [0 bids]
Family Guy - The Freakin' Sweet Collection (DVD, 2004) Hilarious Collection fun! US $5.75 Buy It Now 1h 5m
FAMILY GUY Volume FOUR the COMPLETE SEASON 4 of EPISODE and TV SHOW on 3 DVD Set US $11.95 [0 bids]
The Addams Family (McDonald's VHS, 1992) US $6.99 [0 bids]
JOHN DEERE COUNTRY PART 3 LP14070 DVD CHILDREN'S & FAMILY US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (Blu-ray Disc, 2009, 2-Disc US $0.01 [0 bids]
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (DVD, 2009) US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h 13m
NEST FAMILY ANIMATED BIBLE CLASSICS DANIEL RUTH THE PRODIGAL SON GOOD SAMARITAN US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Family Collection - 8 Movies (2-disc set)VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $1.55 [0 bids]
Scared Family The - Acceptable US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Laugh it Up Fuzzball: Family Guy Three-Pack (Blue Harvest/SomethingSomething Som US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $8.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Pre-owned US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (DVD, Standard Edition) used US $3.59 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Family Times Disclipline - Good US $2.48 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Family Times: Courage - Good US $2.51 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Blank Video Tape T-120 Highest QUALITY-ARCHIVAL From Scotch/Fun Family Labels!! US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale (+UltraViolet Digital Copy) US $5.98 Buy It Now 1h 24m
WENDYS FAMILY REMEMBERS DAVE THOMAS 1932-2002 (DVD) NEW US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
From Scotch T-120 Blank Video Tape Highest QUALITY-ARCHIVAL /Fun Family Labels! US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Family Fun 50 Movie Pack Starring Bob Hope, David Niven, Carol Lombard and more! US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Rescue Adventures Collection: 5 Family Movies (DVD, 2009, 2-Disc Set) US $12.99 [0 bids]
DVD ACE OF HEARTS Dean Cain Heartwarming Family Adventure Canine Partner NEW US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
DVD Double Feature Joe Camps BENJI & For the Love of BENJI 2 Great Family Movies US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Catherine Cookson's The Moth DVD Movie Video novel based class family love drama US $14.39 Buy It Now 1h 26m
FAMILY GUY Blu-Ray set Something Dark Side lunch box set + T shirt US $29.25 Buy It Now 1h 27m
HOLIDAY FAMILY FAVORITES - NEW DVD BOXSET US $6.56 Buy It Now 1h 27m
A PONY TALE new release Family dvd Rural Ranch JENNY CIPOLLA Johnny Whitaker US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
FAMILY GUY VOLUMES 1-9 COMPLETE SEASONS + 2 MOVIES 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEW! US $199.99 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Family Guy - Vol. 6 (DVD, 2008, 3-Disc Set, Checkpoint; Pan and Scan; Sensormati US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Family Guy - Volume 7 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set) US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Baby Einstein Baby Mozart And Baby Beethoven DVD Lot (Children & Family) US $2.99 [0 bids]
Sea of Time - Cheri Gaulke -- Used VHS Gay Lesbian Family AIDS US $100.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Modern Family: The Complete First Season (DVD, 2010, 4-Disc Set) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Modern Family: The Complete Second Season (DVD, 2011, 3-Disc Set) US $4.99 [2 bids]
Lot of 2 family DVD's: Disney's Haunted Mansion & Spiderman US $1.00 [0 bids]
Lot of 9 New Faith & Family DVD's Free Shipping US $45.00 Buy It Now 1h 47m
16mm film "THE GROUND SQUIRREL FAMILY" (10-3066C) T3CR7R3 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (DVD, 2009) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Aqua Tales - DVD * Great Family Fun & Fast Shipping US $1.99 [0 bids]
SAFESTART HOME FAMILY EDITION 4 DVD SET FAMILY SAFETY VIDEO NEW in Shrink Wrap US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Caillou - Caillou's Family Favorites, Acceptable DVD, , US $8.92 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Family Business (DVD, 2003)-Widescreen US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Hamlet: This Is Your Family NEW PAL Documentary DVD Peter Kern Germany US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Modern Family.Emmy.2014.DVD.Season 5.Fold Out..3 Episodes.Sofia Vergara US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (DVD, Standard Edition) STAR WARS R2D3 VADER US $1.66 [0 bids]
FAMILY MATTER SERIES DVD FREE SHIPPING US $14.77 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Swan Princess: A Royal Family Tale (+UltraViolet Digital Copy) by US $9.96 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Dan Aykroyd And family Orginal Pic 1995 Saturday Night Live, Ghost Busters US $2,995.00 [0 bids]
US $9,095.00 Buy It Now
Modern Family: The Complete Third Season by Ed O'Neill, Julie Bowen, Sofia Verg US $16.36 Buy It Now 1h 59m
Mark Twain Original Family Classics Double Feature (DVD, 2013) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Family Favorite Snow White Pinocchio Jungle Book Hunchback DVD US $0.99 [1 bids]
2h
5 Veggitales DVDs. Children's & Family. G. Wide & Full Screen US $15.00 [0 bids]
Hyperspace (DVD, 2002, Contains Additional 30 Minutes) FAMILY AND CHILDREN US $2.95 Buy It Now 2h 5m
WAKING UP WALLY rare Family dvd FATHER & SON Hockey WAYNE & WALTER GRETSKY US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
THE ADDAMS FAMILY Goes to School+Morticia & the Psy/VHS US $4.95 Buy It Now 2h 6m
ANNIE'S POINT rare Family dvd GRANDMOTHER Granddaughter Road Trip BETTY WHITE US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
my family and la bamba Chicano dvds US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set) US $7.00 [0 bids]
MODERN FAMILY: SEASON 3 (3PC) (WS) NEW BLURAY US $48.07 Buy It Now 2h 11m
The Princess Bride (VHS, 1998, Clam Shell Case; Family Entertainment) US $4.99 [0 bids]
PARTRIDGE FAMILY New Sealed 2014 COMPLETE SERIES w EXTRAS 12 DVD BOXSET US $54.99 Buy It Now 2h 12m
The Family (Blu-ray Disc, 2013, 2-Disc Set, Includes Digital Copy; UltraViolet) US $10.95 [0 bids]
4 Film Favorites: New Line Family (DVD, 2007, 2-Disc Set) *Brand New Sealed* US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 14m
SUPERMAN ULTIMATE DVD COLLECTION FAMILY GUY BLUE HARVEST TWILIGHT ULTIMATE SET US $25.00 [0 bids]
4 Movie Marathon: Family Comedy Collection (DVD, 2012, 2-Disc Set) BRAND NEW US $11.11 Buy It Now 2h 19m
JACKSONS - AMERICAS FIRST FAMILY OF MUSIC NEW DVD US $20.48 Buy It Now 2h 19m
4 Family Adventure Classics (DVD, 2010) US $0.10 [1 bids]
Trout Fishing In America - Family Music Party - VHS - 1998 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
CHILDREN/FAMILY-Land Before Time Ii: The Great Valley... DVD NEW US $10.04 Buy It Now 2h 21m

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults ratings distribution

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Now, a quick word of commentary (myself being Family's, apparently, last commentator. Sniff. Well, whatever gets you up in the morning) before we continue: the track listing on this thing is SCREWY, with a capital Z.

Okay, so then this is Family's Slipstream. And, what do you know? It's a lot worse. Just as much fun though, although I wonder if that was the point. Heh. See, just like Slipstream, this is a collection of conceptual videos and live, concert footage. The difference is, of course, that Jethro Tull is a professional powerhouse, and Family is, well, Family. Which means that these films are energetic and roughly played, but sloppy as hell. Oh, and, there's this annoying habit of starting the songs in the middle and cutting out before the end...

"Strange Family" is, for whatever reason, considered a bonus track. Oh well, ignore that. It's right at the start (although first we see Poli Palmer screwing up on a vibraphone. Don't worry though, he gets it later on). Anyway, nothing too special about it. Chappo does a good job screaming though (and nice violin lines). "Part of the Load" is good from an audio point of view, but that's because it seems to be dubbed in from somewhere (unless, you know, Chappo honestly CAN make a dual-vibrato on his lonesome, and I'm not exactly ruling that out). But, say, the video is actually kinda cool.

And then it fades out, and "Good News Bad News" comes outta nowhere! I love Chappo's little introduction, and it's certainly a good workout for him both vocally and visually (watch the tambourine!). Other than that, the (attempted) vocal harmonies are kinda cool, and it's certainly energetic and visceral enough, but I detect a couple of missed notes in the somewhat messy jam. "Holding the Compass" starts out as kind of a dorky live number, but turns into this real cool video of the band just sort of dicking around! It's too bad that, once again and as usual, it seems to end before it's really had a chance to start.

Since "Music in a Doll's House" isn't represented my hope is, naturally, mostly with the Family Entertainment material, and "Processions" goes off beautifully (yeah, you heard me, "Processions"). If you thought it was nice before, listen to it now. For one thing, they've slowed it down, allowing the tune to stretch out and breathe. In fact, it's slightly augmented with some lyrical allusions to "No Mule's Fool" (hence the mislabeling), but trust me, more "Processions" than "Fool" 'bout this'n. The soloing has also been extended to allow for the guitar and violin. I miss the piano, but that gorgeous violin really makes up for it. Best song on the video, although I'd rather have something less offensive than Chappo's head obscuring the screen half the time...

I hate to say it, but "The Weaver's Answer" lets me down. It is, like all their live versions, extended, and features Chappo taking things a little less...subtly. But that's not the issue; I'm more concerned about the energy. Where is it? The rhythm section is great (Townshead is awesome, as usual), but where's the manic soloing? The instrument noises popping in everywhere? Admittedly, the flute is used creatively, but it's still an average live performance. Which IS good...but I expected great! Oh well, still worth it for Chappo, especially at the end.

By the way, "Weaver" has one of the more interesting videos, although a close call is the ending credits (over which "Dim" plays, but it's just the album version). The chubby girl in the bad wig runs around in fast motion and dances with the band (?). Yeah, it's THAT good.

I know this gets a pure three star rating; that's because, as far as video goes, it's pretty crumby. The special features are all ads, and the main attraction is a mixed bag that largely depends on your love of the band. Me? I adore Family, so I'd set a high mark in my personal book. And so should all Family fans. The lads aren't touring anymore, right? This is the only place you're gonna see your heroes!

And, if I might extend that, I think that's it's almost essential for any (fellow) diehard Tullers to see this video. Family's influence on Tull is evident in the music, to be sure, but you really have to SEE Family to see how Mr. Chapman influenced Ian's stage persona. Chappo certainly embodies the figure of the totally controlled, perfectly restrained psychopath, always ready to go nuts.

Still, I guess what I mean to say is that is not bound to make any converts. It was the first Family product I owned, but I was already predisposed towards Family (having already mentally prepared myself with samples of the band. OoOo, "Weaver"). And, from that point of view, it could work...if it weren't so damn laughable half the time. Unless that's the point. But everyone else? Seeing Chappo go into an epileptic fit on stage while "butchering" the classic might just not do it.

But you know what? Screw 'em! Let the rest of the world go "What the CRAP was that?" You and me, we're Family fans! We can just smile, shake our heads, and say, "That's our Chappo!"

By the way, I really wasn't kidding when I said that all the extras on this thing were ads. I won't really bother going into them, suffice to say that they're all prog (and prog-related) DVDs in their collection; you just have to choose your other favorites. You should watch 'em once, just to see the clueless fanboys being interviewed by the Norwegian chick. As for me, I recommend the Uriah Heep one, if only for the appearance of a certain special guest...while everyone else is worried about their super important "project," he's talking about the menu!

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#144708) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post a review of FAMILY "Family - Masters From The Vaults"