FAMILY - MASTERS FROM THE VAULTS

2. Part Of The Load
3. Good News - Bad News
4. No Mule's Fool
5. The Weaver's Answer

Bonus Track: Strange Band (3:00)
Masters From The Vaults (16:00)
Classic Rock Showcase (43:00)

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults lyrics

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults tabs

- Roger Chapman
- John 'Charlie'Whitney
- Poli Palmer
- John Wieder
- Rob Townsend

DVD Classic Rock Legends 1023 (2003)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults Music

Heidi, Jennifer Edwards, DVD,Children's & Family, Delbert Mann, "Heidi Bowl" G US $5.00 Buy It Now 40m 5s
Family Under Siege (New DVD) US $5.00 Buy It Now 42m 42s
Rupert - Rupert and Algys Misadventure - Family Cartoons (Brand New - Dvd) US $9.33 Buy It Now 43m 17s
The Adventures of Swiss Family Robinson/The Rivers Run-NEW SEALED DVD US $7.74 Buy It Now 44m 7s
Let's Get a Move On! - A Kid's Guide to a Family Move [VHS] US $5.99 Buy It Now 46m 50s
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc B... US $20.00 Buy It Now 47m 55s
THE ADDAMS FAMILY Complete Series Seasons 1 & 2 *New & Sealed* John Astin US $82.02 Buy It Now 1h
THE ROYLE FAMILY Complete Series Seasons 1 2 & 3 & 5 Christmas Specials *New* US $68.03 Buy It Now 1h 2m
4 Movie Marathon: Family Comedy Collection DVD US $4.83 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Manson Family Blu-ray US $17.61 Buy It Now 1h 6m
Family Affair: Season 1 [5 Discs] DVD US $22.76 Buy It Now 1h 6m
The Family Holiday (DVD) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Rupert - Rupert and the crocodiles - Family Cartoons (Brand New - Dvd) US $9.33 Buy It Now 1h 10m
Addams Family Volume 01 DVD 3 Disc Sensormatic US $14.09 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Pebble & The Penguin Family Fun Edition DVD Eng Fr Dub Sub US $11.93 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Addams Family Volume 02 DVD 3 Disc Sensormatic US $15.53 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Family Guy Blue Harvest DVD US $14.09 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Halloween Craft Family Pack DVD w/ CD US $10.90 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Holiday Family Collection DVD 3Pk Christmas S Happy Feet Polar Exp US $26.81 Buy It Now 1h 13m
TRACES OF A DRAGON - JACKIE CHAN & HIS LOST FAMILY (2003) NEW DVD US $23.48 Buy It Now 1h 15m
CYBERMUTT - Judd NELSON - Family Comedy DOG Movie DVD (NEW & SEALED) Region 4 US $8.25 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Comedy Family DVD movie lot - Click Leatherheads Cinderella Story US $7.99 [0 bids]
Stuart Little (DVD, 2002, Deluxe Edition) Family Movie & 'Sneak Peaks' Extras PG US $2.49 [0 bids]
Celebrate Family! (DVD) Nickelodeon US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 29m
DANIELLE STEEL'S FAMILY ALBUM - NEW & SEALED REGION 4 DVD US $6.48 Buy It Now 1h 29m
An American Tail Family Double Feature (DVD) US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 31m
The Seeds of Greatness - Roots (DVD, 2-Disc Set) Value based Family Enrichment US $7.55 Buy It Now 1h 36m
BLU-RAY Family Tree, The (Blu-Ray) NEW US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
TV's Lost Shows: Family & Comedy - Collector's Edition US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 50m
THE ADDAMS FAMILY (VHS, 1992) CHRISTOPHER LLOYD, RAOUL JULIA, ANJELICA HUSTON US $2.99 [0 bids]
"Addams Family, Vol. 1 DVD" US $8.62 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Addams Family, Vol. 2 [3 Discs] DVD US $8.55 Buy It Now 2h 5m
A Family Thanksgiving (DVD, 2010) Brand New US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
FAMILY GUY SEASON TWO 2 DVD ANIMATION COMEDY TV SERIES SHOW MACFARLANE BRAND NEW US $17.67 Buy It Now 2h 40m
Family Ties - The Complete First Season (DVD, 2007, 4-Disc Set, Checkpoint) US $20.37 Buy It Now 2h 43m
JOHNSON FAMILY VACATION DVD US $2.50 [0 bids]
Johnson Family Vacation (DVD, 2009) US $2.00 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Ac Dc Family Jewels DVD 2 Disc Set 1975 1993 US $18.59 Buy It Now 3h 15m
MY BIG PHAT HIP HOP FAMILY DVD REYNALDO REY COMEDY NEW + SEALED REGION 4 US $9.28 Buy It Now 3h 16m
WALT DISNEY AND OTHER CHILDREN / FAMILY GREATS VHS LOT OF 47 US $5.00 [0 bids]
BRAND NEW MODERN FAMILY: Seasons 1-4 ( DVD) Season 1 2 3 4--~ US $30.00 [6 bids]
4-MOVIE FAMILY ADVENTURE COLLECTION, VOL. 2 - NEW DVD US $4.18 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Disney Mixed DVD Lot!!!! 5 Movies!!!! Kids Children & Family US $9.00 [1 bids]
Addams Family Values (DVD, 2000, Sensormatic) US $5.49 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Jeremys Family Reunion (2005) - New - Dvd US $11.19 Buy It Now 3h 43m
Jungle Book 1942 VHS Zoltan Korda Sabu Family Action Adventure US $2.70 Buy It Now 3h 43m
In the Family - Joanna Rudnick (DVD, 2008) US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (Blu-ray Disc, 2012, Includes Digital Copy) US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (Blu-ray Disc, 2009,... US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Family Guy: It's a Trap! (Blu-ray Disc, 2010, 2-Disc Set) US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Family Plot (2001) - Used - Dvd US $3.78 Buy It Now 3h 55m
PSP Video Movie Family Guy Stewie Griffin The Untold Story US $3.99 [0 bids]
4-MOVIE FAMILY ADVENTURE COLLECTION, VOL. 1 - NEW DVD US $3.37 Buy It Now 3h 57m
*NEW* Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $8.99 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Munsters Amer First Family Of (2004) - Used - Dvd US $29.93 Buy It Now 4h 3m
FAMILY FAVORITE TREASURES - NEW DVD BOXSET US $7.97 Buy It Now 4h 4m
VHS FABULICIOIS DAY THANKS FOR MY FAMILY VIDEO 1 US $3.97 Buy It Now 4h 4m
VHS FABULICIOIS DAY GOD'S SPECIAL FAMILY VIDEO 3 US $3.97 Buy It Now 4h 4m
Addams Family, Vol. 3 [2 Discs] DVD US $8.63 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Secret of NIMH [Family Fun Edition] [2 Discs] DVD US $5.41 Buy It Now 4h 6m
Pebble and the Penguin [The Family Fun Edition] DVD US $5.41 Buy It Now 4h 7m
Family Guy Blue Harvest DVD US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 7m
The Black Stallion (DVD, 1997, Letterbox and Standard; Family Treasures) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 13m
Family Matters - Roles of the Husband and Wife DVD. S-33 US $7.00 [0 bids]
EX RENTAL BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS DVD CHILDREN FAMILY FEATURE GUARANTEED US $7.41 Buy It Now 4h 16m
An All Dogs Christmas Carol (DVD, 1998, Subtitled French; Family Entertainment) US $2.30 Buy It Now 4h 16m
Tretí princ 1983/Family Fantasy Film Treti Princ Libuse Safránkova Czech DVD US $7.60 Buy It Now 4h 17m
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 18m
EX RENTAL FAMILY BUSINESS DVD COMEDY SEAN CONNERY DUSTIN HOFFMAN RG 4 GUARANTEED US $4.62 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family (Blu-ray+Digital Copy) NEW! US $7.99 [1 bids]
TOM AND JERRY WHISKERS AWAY DVD COMEDY ANIMATION FAMILY CHILDREN NEW + SEALED US $12.78 Buy It Now 4h 22m
Johnson Family Vacation DVD Cedric the Entertainer, Shannon Elizabeth, Bow Wow, US $3.57 Buy It Now 4h 24m
Family Guy: Partial Terms of Endearment (DVD, 2010) MINT Nickelodeon US $6.00 [0 bids]
TOM AND JERRY CLASSIC COLLECTION VOLUME 8 DVD ANIMATED CHILDREN FAMILY NEW+SEAL US $14.22 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Family Guy Volume 6 Six BRAND NEW DVD 3 disc set US $5.99 [0 bids]
12 Kids/Family Live-Action Comedy DVD Movie Lot PG/G Rated US $24.99 [0 bids]
16mm Relationship Enhancement Program for Family Therapy ENRICHMENT Part 2 US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 34m
Lot of nine VHS Children's & Family videos -Disney, Burton, etc. US $11.50 [0 bids]
BEETHOVEN'S 3rd (the Dog) (DVD:1, Widescreen) Family Comedy, FACTORY SEALED! US $2.50 [0 bids]
The FAMILY Stone, Sarah Jessica Parker (DVD, 2006,Full Screen Edition) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (Blu-ray Disc, 2009,... US $7.95 Buy It Now 4h 52m
JACK LONDON'S CALL OF THE WILD 2 FOXFIRE DVD NEW..DOG MOVIE FAMILY ANIMAL BUCK US $9.33 Buy It Now 4h 53m
Family Time (2011) - Used - Dvd US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 57m
Lot of 5 classic family movie Laserdiscs FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Lot of 5 classic family movie Laserdiscs FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h
Family Guy: Blue Harvest DVD Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mila K US $3.25 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Family Thanksgiving (2011) - Used - Dvd US $1.99 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Family Tree (2011) - Prev - Blu-ray US $4.03 Buy It Now 5h 3m
Tif & Taff, Vol. 4: My Family DVD US $15.54 Buy It Now 5h 5m
Lot of 5 animated family classics Laserdiscs FREE SHIPPING US $15.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
COLUMBUS ZOO animal documentary Family Adventure VHS Ohio 2002 gorilla US $21.00 Buy It Now 5h 6m
DAY OF DISCOVERY Oct-Dec 2004 Christian Israel Genocide VHS Slaight Family US $19.99 Buy It Now 5h 6m
PRINCESS PRINCESS - VOL. 3: FAMILY SECRETS - NEW DVD US $11.04 Buy It Now 5h 8m
Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost (DVD, 2001, Warner Family Entertainment) US $5.00 Buy It Now 5h 11m
Arthur's Family Vacation Rare OOP US $39.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
The Pebble and the Penguin (VHS, 1995, Clam Shell Case; Family Entertainment) US $1.19 Buy It Now 5h 18m
Little Miss Broadway (VHS, 2002, Family Feature) US $1.19 Buy It Now 5h 20m
Family Collection! -dvds - Gremlins, Can't Hardly Wait, Jumanji, Grease US $16.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 5 FISHER PRICE RESCUE HEROES VIDEOS 7 EPISODES CHILDREN'S & FAMILY US $0.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults ratings distribution

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Now, a quick word of commentary (myself being Family's, apparently, last commentator. Sniff. Well, whatever gets you up in the morning) before we continue: the track listing on this thing is SCREWY, with a capital Z.

Okay, so then this is Family's Slipstream. And, what do you know? It's a lot worse. Just as much fun though, although I wonder if that was the point. Heh. See, just like Slipstream, this is a collection of conceptual videos and live, concert footage. The difference is, of course, that Jethro Tull is a professional powerhouse, and Family is, well, Family. Which means that these films are energetic and roughly played, but sloppy as hell. Oh, and, there's this annoying habit of starting the songs in the middle and cutting out before the end...

"Strange Family" is, for whatever reason, considered a bonus track. Oh well, ignore that. It's right at the start (although first we see Poli Palmer screwing up on a vibraphone. Don't worry though, he gets it later on). Anyway, nothing too special about it. Chappo does a good job screaming though (and nice violin lines). "Part of the Load" is good from an audio point of view, but that's because it seems to be dubbed in from somewhere (unless, you know, Chappo honestly CAN make a dual-vibrato on his lonesome, and I'm not exactly ruling that out). But, say, the video is actually kinda cool.

And then it fades out, and "Good News Bad News" comes outta nowhere! I love Chappo's little introduction, and it's certainly a good workout for him both vocally and visually (watch the tambourine!). Other than that, the (attempted) vocal harmonies are kinda cool, and it's certainly energetic and visceral enough, but I detect a couple of missed notes in the somewhat messy jam. "Holding the Compass" starts out as kind of a dorky live number, but turns into this real cool video of the band just sort of dicking around! It's too bad that, once again and as usual, it seems to end before it's really had a chance to start.

Since "Music in a Doll's House" isn't represented my hope is, naturally, mostly with the Family Entertainment material, and "Processions" goes off beautifully (yeah, you heard me, "Processions"). If you thought it was nice before, listen to it now. For one thing, they've slowed it down, allowing the tune to stretch out and breathe. In fact, it's slightly augmented with some lyrical allusions to "No Mule's Fool" (hence the mislabeling), but trust me, more "Processions" than "Fool" 'bout this'n. The soloing has also been extended to allow for the guitar and violin. I miss the piano, but that gorgeous violin really makes up for it. Best song on the video, although I'd rather have something less offensive than Chappo's head obscuring the screen half the time...

I hate to say it, but "The Weaver's Answer" lets me down. It is, like all their live versions, extended, and features Chappo taking things a little less...subtly. But that's not the issue; I'm more concerned about the energy. Where is it? The rhythm section is great (Townshead is awesome, as usual), but where's the manic soloing? The instrument noises popping in everywhere? Admittedly, the flute is used creatively, but it's still an average live performance. Which IS good...but I expected great! Oh well, still worth it for Chappo, especially at the end.

By the way, "Weaver" has one of the more interesting videos, although a close call is the ending credits (over which "Dim" plays, but it's just the album version). The chubby girl in the bad wig runs around in fast motion and dances with the band (?). Yeah, it's THAT good.

I know this gets a pure three star rating; that's because, as far as video goes, it's pretty crumby. The special features are all ads, and the main attraction is a mixed bag that largely depends on your love of the band. Me? I adore Family, so I'd set a high mark in my personal book. And so should all Family fans. The lads aren't touring anymore, right? This is the only place you're gonna see your heroes!

And, if I might extend that, I think that's it's almost essential for any (fellow) diehard Tullers to see this video. Family's influence on Tull is evident in the music, to be sure, but you really have to SEE Family to see how Mr. Chapman influenced Ian's stage persona. Chappo certainly embodies the figure of the totally controlled, perfectly restrained psychopath, always ready to go nuts.

Still, I guess what I mean to say is that is not bound to make any converts. It was the first Family product I owned, but I was already predisposed towards Family (having already mentally prepared myself with samples of the band. OoOo, "Weaver"). And, from that point of view, it could work...if it weren't so damn laughable half the time. Unless that's the point. But everyone else? Seeing Chappo go into an epileptic fit on stage while "butchering" the classic might just not do it.

But you know what? Screw 'em! Let the rest of the world go "What the CRAP was that?" You and me, we're Family fans! We can just smile, shake our heads, and say, "That's our Chappo!"

By the way, I really wasn't kidding when I said that all the extras on this thing were ads. I won't really bother going into them, suffice to say that they're all prog (and prog-related) DVDs in their collection; you just have to choose your other favorites. You should watch 'em once, just to see the clueless fanboys being interviewed by the Norwegian chick. As for me, I recommend the Uriah Heep one, if only for the appearance of a certain special guest...while everyone else is worried about their super important "project," he's talking about the menu!

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#144708) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post a review of FAMILY "Family - Masters From The Vaults"