FAMILY - MASTERS FROM THE VAULTS

2. Part Of The Load
3. Good News - Bad News
4. No Mule's Fool
5. The Weaver's Answer

Bonus Track: Strange Band (3:00)
Masters From The Vaults (16:00)
Classic Rock Showcase (43:00)

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults lyrics

Search FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults tabs

- Roger Chapman
- John 'Charlie'Whitney
- Poli Palmer
- John Wieder
- Rob Townsend

DVD Classic Rock Legends 1023 (2003)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

FAMILY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults Music

LOT OF (3) VHS - My Family, Runaway Jury, The Last Don US $0.99 [0 bids]
30m 15s
Dickens Family Classics DVD Video Movie Lot NTSC NR Animation US $14.99 Buy It Now 32m 52s
Lot 3 VHS Family Movies: Rapunzel Faerie Tale, Just Like Dad, Miracle on 34th St US $9.99 Buy It Now 33m 54s
TYLER PERRY~dvds~ LOT 8 FILMS~All hilarious~Cheap bargain family entertainment~ US $19.99 Buy It Now 35m 39s
Say It With Sign Weather Signs 2, Family, Wonderful Baby, Baby & Children (Vol 3 US $7.11 [0 bids]
35m 54s
Family Matters ~ Complete Season 1-4 (1 2 3 & 4) ~ BRAND NEW 12-DISC DVD SET US $63.95 Buy It Now 37m 3s
Ride Along Blu-Ray/DVD Movie Disc 1080p HD Video Audio Film Comedy Family US $8.49 [7 bids]
39m 27s
VHS Lot of 14 Drama & Family. Rudy, Big, Risky business, moulin Rouge American B US $0.99 [0 bids]
39m 30s
Lassie - The Painted Hills VHS Video Movie Family & Children 1994 NR NTSC US $4.99 Buy It Now 40m 27s
Thinking Big Movie (DVD, 1997) Good Housekeeping Kids - Family Approved US $0.99 [0 bids]
41m 10s
Family Matters: Roles of the Husband and Wife 2 DVD Sermons James MacDonald US $15.00 [0 bids]
41m 31s
FAMILY TIES Complete First Season (1982-1983) 22 Episodes SEALED 4-Disc DVD Set US $19.95 Buy It Now 45m 30s
DIGBY the Biggest Dog in the World 1974 Rare OOP VHS Clam box Prism Video family US $12.99 [0 bids]
47m 7s
SWAN PRINCESS A ROYAL FAMILY TALE (DVD,2014) RENTAL EXCLUSIVE US $8.59 [0 bids]
47m 18s
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $5.00 [0 bids]
47m 38s
The Princess Bride (VHS, 1998, Clam Shell Case; Family Entertainment) US $0.99 [0 bids]
50m 22s
"Addams Family" Videos US $9.99 [0 bids]
50m 58s
3 VHS tapes lot Comedy & Family. The three stooges, our gang, little house on US $0.99 [0 bids]
52m 54s
Under the Big Top (1938) circus acrobats family drama DVD US $12.20 Buy It Now 53m 28s
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (DVD, 2009) US $2.49 [0 bids]
54m 49s
The Family with De Niro, Pfeiffer and Tommy Lee Jones (DVD, 2013) LN US $4.58 Buy It Now 56m
The Family Stone (DVD, 2006, Full Frame) US $2.00 [0 bids]
56m 35s
Fluke (VHS, 1996, Clamshell; Family Entertainment) US $0.99 [0 bids]
56m 48s
Family Avdventure (DVD 2004) 1 movie, 1 cartoon, 1 classic TV episode US $0.99 [0 bids]
57m 12s
Childrens and Family movie Moby Dick with Patrick Stewart VHS video tape, PG US $0.99 [0 bids]
57m 19s
Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin - Untold Story DVD - New & Sealed! Region 4 US $12.15 Buy It Now 57m 44s
FAMILY YOGA-Healthy Activities for Kids/Parents-YEE DVD US $14.85 Buy It Now 59m 1s
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $4.99 [0 bids]
59m 9s
Harley Davidson - Welcome To The Family (VHS, 1999) US $7.00 Buy It Now 59m 17s
Family Guy, Vol. 4 DVD Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, Mila Kunis, US $3.99 [0 bids]
1h
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $5.00 [0 bids]
1h
The Addams Family - Left in the Lurch VHS feat. the voice of Jakie Coogan US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Dove Family Double Feature: Every Second Counts/Touching Wild Horses (DVD, 2010) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy Seasons 1-6 US $30.00 [0 bids]
Alice in Wonderland - - VHS - Original Animated Walt Disney Family Classic US $1.99 [0 bids]
Peter Pan - VHS - Walt Disney Family Classic + The Making of Peter Pan US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy Vol 1: Seasons 1 & 2 DVD Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Seth Green, US $2.99 [0 bids]
Fun and Fancy Free - VCR - Original Animated Walt Disney Family Classic US $3.49 [0 bids]
Family Guy DVD - Volume 2 & 4 - Animation US $10.00 [0 bids]
HUGE LOT of 11 TV Series [32 Box Sets] (Seinfeld, Futurama, Family Guy US $150.00 [0 bids]
Growing Up Wild Set of 3 DVDs Fun Family Frolics, Amazing Baby Animals, Bouncing US $9.99 [0 bids]
Please Read ! 4 Movie Family Adventure (DVD) Read New Free S US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Joey (VHS, 1998, Family Entertainment) US $0.99 [0 bids]
FAMILY GUY VOLUME TWO SEASON 3 EXCELLENT CONDITION 3 DISC SET US $0.50 [0 bids]
FAMILY GUY PRESENTS: STEWIE GRIFFIN THE UNTOLD STORY EXCELLENT CONDITON US $0.50 [1 bids]
A Bug's Life - VHS - Walt Disney Family Classic - Academy Award Winner US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Family Stone (DVD, 2009) US $7.59 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Family Guy :Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story DVD US $3.00 [0 bids]
The Family (DVD, 2011) horror movie Kane Hodder Joe Hollow Michael Berryman US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set,) US $3.00 [0 bids]
HERBIE RIDES AGAIN WALT DISNEY VHS NEW RATED G CHILDREN & FAMILY, COMEDY US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Family Guy - Volume 5 (DVD, 2010) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $6.50 Buy It Now 1h 18m
DISNEY AND FAMILY FILM 6-Tape VHS LOT - Rock A Doodle - That Darn Cat US $5.00 [0 bids]
Angel in the Family (DVD, 2006) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy Volumes 1 through 5 & the Stewie Movie DVD's US $10.00 [0 bids]
NEW - Family Meeting US $10.87 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $3.00 [0 bids]
Gene Simmons Family Jewels - The Best of Season 1 & 2 (DVD) US $4.75 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (DVD, 2005, Unrated) US $0.75 [0 bids]
The ButterCream Gang BUTTER CREAM '91 VHS Rare FAMILY US $2.50 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Modern Family: The Complete First Season (DVD, 2010, 4-Disc Set) sealed US $9.99 [0 bids]
It Runs in the Family by Michael Douglas, Fred Schepisi, Jesse Wigutow, Jesse W US $4.24 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside (DVD, 2009) US $1.99 [0 bids]
An All Dogs Christmas Carol (DVD, 1998, Subtitled French; Family Entertainment) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 3 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $4.99 [0 bids]
GUNTHER & THE PAPER BRIGADE~ROBERT ENGLAND~FAMILY MOVIE US $4.00 [1 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 2: Season 3 (DVD, 2003, 3-Disc Set) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Addams Family Values (DVD, 2000, Sensormatic) US $0.99 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Scrapped Princess Vol.1 Family Ties DVD/Figure US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Modern Family: The Complete Second Season 2 (DVD, 2011, 3-Disc Set) US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Family Guy volume one, season one and two set of four disc. US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Family Guy - Volume 4 (DVD, 2009, 3-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 (DVD, 2009, 4-Disc Set, iTunes Sampler) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (DVD, 2009, ] 1 cent bidding free shipping US $4.50 [9 bids]
5 Faith & Family OUT OF THE WOODS WHERE THERE'S A WILL FIELDER'S CHOICE 2 MORE US $5.99 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY TEMPLE, FAMILY FAVORITES MOVIE COLLECTION VHS TRIPLE PACK- NEW SEALED. US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
The Family Stone (DVD, 2009, Widescreen; Spa Cash) US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
100 Family Cartoons: Vol. 2 (2-Disc DVD) Popeye, Felix The Cat, Gabby, US $14.88 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest (DVD, Standard Edition) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Celebrate Family! (DVD, 2009, Sensormatic) US $4.39 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Gene Simmons Family Jewels - Season 1 and 2 DVD sets US $12.00 [0 bids]
Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story (DVD, 2005, Unrated) US $2.99 [0 bids]
LOVE COMES SOFTLY- FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT COLLECTION 10th Anniversary 024543841318 US $33.57 Buy It Now 1h 48m
The PENGUINS of MADAGASCAR ALL-NEW ADVENTURE(DVD) Children's & Family US $4.00 [0 bids]
FAMILY AFFAIR: SEASON 3 (1968) NEW DVD US $25.82 Buy It Now 1h 49m
FOLLOW THE STARS HOME 2001 Hallmark TV Campbell Scott FAMILY Kimberly Williams US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Family Guy - Volume 6 (2008) DVD Box Set/Animated Series/Seth Green US $14.95 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Behind The Waterfall (VHS 1995) Gary Burghoff Luke Baird Alyssa Hansen FAMILY US $4.00 [0 bids]
LOT FIVE FAMILY DVD MOVIES US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
family DVd's-Ice age- dawn if the dinosaur and jingle all the way US $2.99 [1 bids]
Czech DVD Kouzla Kralu / Spells King (Family Film 2008) Josef Abrham US $22.99 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Modern Family: The Complete First Season (DVD, 2010, 4-Disc Set) US $4.00 [0 bids]
Notorious: It's a Family Affair DVD Brand New & Sealed US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Essential Family Television (DVD, 2008, 12-Disc Set) FREE SHIPPING PREOWNED US $8.20 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Family Guy - Volume 1: Seasons 1 & 2 US $2.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy FAMILY music online Buy FAMILY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for FAMILY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults ratings distribution

FAMILY Family - Masters From The Vaults reviews

Review by The Whistler
3 stars Now, a quick word of commentary (myself being Family's, apparently, last commentator. Sniff. Well, whatever gets you up in the morning) before we continue: the track listing on this thing is SCREWY, with a capital Z.

Okay, so then this is Family's Slipstream. And, what do you know? It's a lot worse. Just as much fun though, although I wonder if that was the point. Heh. See, just like Slipstream, this is a collection of conceptual videos and live, concert footage. The difference is, of course, that Jethro Tull is a professional powerhouse, and Family is, well, Family. Which means that these films are energetic and roughly played, but sloppy as hell. Oh, and, there's this annoying habit of starting the songs in the middle and cutting out before the end...

"Strange Family" is, for whatever reason, considered a bonus track. Oh well, ignore that. It's right at the start (although first we see Poli Palmer screwing up on a vibraphone. Don't worry though, he gets it later on). Anyway, nothing too special about it. Chappo does a good job screaming though (and nice violin lines). "Part of the Load" is good from an audio point of view, but that's because it seems to be dubbed in from somewhere (unless, you know, Chappo honestly CAN make a dual-vibrato on his lonesome, and I'm not exactly ruling that out). But, say, the video is actually kinda cool.

And then it fades out, and "Good News Bad News" comes outta nowhere! I love Chappo's little introduction, and it's certainly a good workout for him both vocally and visually (watch the tambourine!). Other than that, the (attempted) vocal harmonies are kinda cool, and it's certainly energetic and visceral enough, but I detect a couple of missed notes in the somewhat messy jam. "Holding the Compass" starts out as kind of a dorky live number, but turns into this real cool video of the band just sort of dicking around! It's too bad that, once again and as usual, it seems to end before it's really had a chance to start.

Since "Music in a Doll's House" isn't represented my hope is, naturally, mostly with the Family Entertainment material, and "Processions" goes off beautifully (yeah, you heard me, "Processions"). If you thought it was nice before, listen to it now. For one thing, they've slowed it down, allowing the tune to stretch out and breathe. In fact, it's slightly augmented with some lyrical allusions to "No Mule's Fool" (hence the mislabeling), but trust me, more "Processions" than "Fool" 'bout this'n. The soloing has also been extended to allow for the guitar and violin. I miss the piano, but that gorgeous violin really makes up for it. Best song on the video, although I'd rather have something less offensive than Chappo's head obscuring the screen half the time...

I hate to say it, but "The Weaver's Answer" lets me down. It is, like all their live versions, extended, and features Chappo taking things a little less...subtly. But that's not the issue; I'm more concerned about the energy. Where is it? The rhythm section is great (Townshead is awesome, as usual), but where's the manic soloing? The instrument noises popping in everywhere? Admittedly, the flute is used creatively, but it's still an average live performance. Which IS good...but I expected great! Oh well, still worth it for Chappo, especially at the end.

By the way, "Weaver" has one of the more interesting videos, although a close call is the ending credits (over which "Dim" plays, but it's just the album version). The chubby girl in the bad wig runs around in fast motion and dances with the band (?). Yeah, it's THAT good.

I know this gets a pure three star rating; that's because, as far as video goes, it's pretty crumby. The special features are all ads, and the main attraction is a mixed bag that largely depends on your love of the band. Me? I adore Family, so I'd set a high mark in my personal book. And so should all Family fans. The lads aren't touring anymore, right? This is the only place you're gonna see your heroes!

And, if I might extend that, I think that's it's almost essential for any (fellow) diehard Tullers to see this video. Family's influence on Tull is evident in the music, to be sure, but you really have to SEE Family to see how Mr. Chapman influenced Ian's stage persona. Chappo certainly embodies the figure of the totally controlled, perfectly restrained psychopath, always ready to go nuts.

Still, I guess what I mean to say is that is not bound to make any converts. It was the first Family product I owned, but I was already predisposed towards Family (having already mentally prepared myself with samples of the band. OoOo, "Weaver"). And, from that point of view, it could work...if it weren't so damn laughable half the time. Unless that's the point. But everyone else? Seeing Chappo go into an epileptic fit on stage while "butchering" the classic might just not do it.

But you know what? Screw 'em! Let the rest of the world go "What the CRAP was that?" You and me, we're Family fans! We can just smile, shake our heads, and say, "That's our Chappo!"

By the way, I really wasn't kidding when I said that all the extras on this thing were ads. I won't really bother going into them, suffice to say that they're all prog (and prog-related) DVDs in their collection; you just have to choose your other favorites. You should watch 'em once, just to see the clueless fanboys being interviewed by the Norwegian chick. As for me, I recommend the Uriah Heep one, if only for the appearance of a certain special guest...while everyone else is worried about their super important "project," he's talking about the menu!

Send comments to The Whistler (BETA) | Report this review (#144708) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, October 14, 2007

Post a review of FAMILY "Family - Masters From The Vaults"