NEW CITY

- Larry Willis / Keyboards
- Ron McClure / Bass
- Bobby Colomby / Drums

To be added

Thanks to easy livin for the addition

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City Music

New CityNew City
Wounded Bird Records 2005
Mirror Image/New CityMirror Image/New City
BGO Records 2010
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS NEW CITY vinyl recordBLOOD SWEAT & TEARS NEW CITY vinyl record
COLUMBIA RECORDS
Vinyl$6.75 (used)
New City by Blood Sweat & Tears [Music CD]New City by Blood Sweat & Tears [Music CD]
Wounded Bird Records
Blood Sweat & Tears - Mirror Image/New City CD USD $26.69 Buy It Now 3 days
New City - Blood Sweat & Tears (2005, CD New) USD $13.78 Buy It Now 3 days
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City [CD New] USD $13.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Blood Sweat and Tears ~ New City ~ SEALED ~ QUADRAPHONIC LP QUAD USD $27.95 Buy It Now 3 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - NEW CITY NEW CD USD $15.76 Buy It Now 4 days
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - NEW CITY - NEW CD USD $12.48 Buy It Now 4 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City 1975 NM WLP PROMO LP USD $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Blood, Sweat & Tears - New City (2005 Wounded Bird remaster of 1975 album - Woun USD $7.95 Buy It Now 6 days
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - NEW CITY - 1975 NM- with DAVID CLAYTON-THOMAS USD $5.99 Buy It Now 6 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS Mirror Image/New City. BGO 2CD David Clayton-Thomas USD $17.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Mirror Image/New City - 2 DISC SET - Blood Sweat & Tears (2010, CD New) USD $16.45 Buy It Now 8 days
Mirror Image/New City by Blood, Sweat & Tears (CD, Jul-2010, 2 Discs, Beat... USD $11.11 Buy It Now 8 days
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS - MIRROR IMAGE/NEW CITY - NEW CD BOXSET USD $10.24 Buy It Now 8 days
Blood, Sweat & Tears Promo LP 1975 New City ( EX vinyl ) USD $6.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Blood Sweat & Tears - Mirror Image/New City [CD New] USD $13.22 Buy It Now 8 days
Blood Sweat & Tears...New City.....rare white label promo LP USD $10.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City CD USD $16.49 Buy It Now 9 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS NEW CITY DAVID CLAYTON THOMAS ORIG 1975 OZ PRESS VINYL LP USD $12.13 Buy It Now 10 days
BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS LP-NEW CITY USD $7.77 Buy It Now 10 days
New City by Blood Sweat & Tears USD $14.72 Buy It Now 10 days
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS: New City LP (WLP, cut corner, slight tag residue on cover USD $15.00 Buy It Now 11 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS-NEW CITY CD NEW USD $16.87 Buy It Now 11 days
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City USD $12.05 Buy It Now 12 days
Blood, Sweat & Tears-Mirror Image/New City CD NEW USD $22.53 Buy It Now 13 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City 1975 1st U.K. pressing. Vinyl = A1 condition! USD $11.67 Buy It Now 14 days
New City by Blood, Sweat & Tears (CD, May-2005, Wounded Bird) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 14 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS**NEW CITY**CD USD $12.50 Buy It Now 15 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - MIRROR IMAGE / NEW CITY NEW CD USD $27.06 Buy It Now 19 days
[LP] Blood, Sweat And Tears,New City (CBS) {EX} USD $14.09 Buy It Now 22 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS 8 TRACK Thomas~New York City TESTED USD $9.95 Buy It Now 22 days
Blood, Sweat & Tears* Featuring David Clayton-Thomas ?New City PC 3348 VG+/VG USD $2.99 Buy It Now 24 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS new city LP VG+ 1974 Metal Acetate Promo FLAT Session RARE USD $225.00 Buy It Now 26 days
BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS**MIRROR IMAGE/NEW CITY**2CD USD $23.79 Buy It Now 26 days
BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS new city LP VG+ PC 33484 Vinyl 1975 Record USD $9.00 Buy It Now 27 days
Blood, Sweat & Tears "New City" White Label PROMO USD $9.95 Buy It Now 27 days
Mirror Image/New City - Sweat & Tears Blood New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipp USD $29.98 Buy It Now 27 days
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City USD $3.00 Buy It Now 28 days
New City - Sweat & Tears Blood New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping USD $19.55 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS music online Buy BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City ratings distribution

BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS New City reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
3 stars "Hey guys, I'm back.. Wait a minute, I don't know anybody"

In 1975, David Clayton-Thomas was persuaded to rejoin the Blood Sweat and Tears line up for a one off show. Jerry LaCroix had left the band after just one album, but Jerry Fischer was still on board and Luther Kent had also been brought in resulting in the band having three lead singers. Fischer and Kent both left before recording commenced on this album, leaving DC-T in situ as the sole lead singer.

The band he rejoined was very different to the one he left a few years previously, with just Bobby Columby remaining from the original line up. The musicians now in the band were essentially the same as those who had recorded the previous "Mirror image", an R&B based album with little in common with those DC-T had previously appeared on.

"New city" is therefore something of a crossroads album. The R&B influences are still there, but the familiar vocals instantly remind us of the band's glory days. The tracks are split roughly 50-50 between compositions by members of the band and covers of other people's songs. The outside writers include Randy Newman, John Lee Hooker, Janis Ian, and the Beatles. The first couple of tracks are decent if unremarkable brass rock numbers. It is only when we get to bassist Ron McClure's instrumental "No show" that we find something of real value. This piece starts out as gentle symphonic jazz developing via some synthesiser (played by Bob Mason) into a jazz/fusion workout. The track is a one off in terms of the album though, the others all focusing on the vocals of Clayton-Thomas.

The softer "I was a witness to war" is an ideal vehicle for DC-T's fine voice; it is more ballad than rock, but the arrangement of the track is superb. Clayton-Thomas provides the arrangement for a sparse interpretation of John Lee Hooker's "One room country shack", a simple blues standard. The mood remains downbeat for the highly talented Janis Ian's "Applause", at almost 8 minutes the longest track on the album. While the extended length offers the band the opportunity to jazz things up again, the song is not a great choice, and certainly not one of Ian's best.

"Yesterday's music" reverts to the slower, big sounding arrangement which lends itself so well to the music of the bands. The song has great live written all over it, with a sing-a-long style (DC-T even intones "Sing the song with me" at one point), and repetitive chorus. Randy Newman's "Naked man" bizarrely sets out as "Eine kleine nacht muzike" before descending into a barroom comedy routine. The song is mildly amusing and certainly a radical diversion from anything the band have recorded before. Taken in the right context, we can perhaps forgive the band for letting their hair down here.

In an obvious effort to regain credibility, a cover of Lennon/McCartney's "Got to get you into my life" follows. The brass rock arrangement suits the song well on this otherwise faithful rendition. The album closes with Bobby Colomby's brief instrumental "Takin' it home".

While it is good to hear David Clayton-Thomas voice on a BS&T album once again, the line up changes since he left took with them much of the band's originality and inspiration. This is an enjoyable album, but it is also a very safe and generally commercial collection of songs, with little sense of adventure.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#130097) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Review by Gatot
3 stars On of the legendary bands that I alwys mention when these two bands are metioned: Chase and Chicago. Even though the band was well known in my country with its hit "I Love Yo More Than You'll Ever Know" but actually they have good music overall. I can say that Blood, Sweat & Tears was at the forefront of the brass rock music. This album represented the return of its legendary lead vocal David Clayton-Thomas' who departed the band in 1972.

In my opinion about this album is not bad at all and in fact I can see that the compositions are much heavier and jazzier than Chicago. Look at "Ride captain ride" that contains heavy horn section and very nice and jazzy interlude. The song has excellent energy and harmony. I really like the jazzy interlude. The following track "Life" is also a good one. The third track "No show" could be considered prog and it has no vocal line. "I was a witness to a war" emphasize more on vocal part with music as background only, in jazzy mood. On thing that quite surprised me is the fifth track " One room country shack".

The album is more on brass-rock type of music with some fusion with jazz. Overall, this is a good album worth collecting. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#454962) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, May 30, 2011

Review by GruvanDahlman
5 stars I clearly remember the day when I at the tender age of 10 picked up this album from my father's collection, putting it on the turntable and going into the kitchen to have a snack. When the first track, Ride captain ride, came on I swear I felt like losing my mind to an eternal groove. It swept me off my feet and keeps on doing so. This is jazz-rock with a slight emphasis on jazz, a good dose of slick funk and a big wallop of rock. The end result is one of my favorite albums and in my opinion the best from B,S&T.

While "Ride, captain, ride" is a jazz-rock kick in the head, "Life" is a decidedly funky affair with great wah-wah and a rolling groove that is amazing. "No show" and "I was a witness to a war" are great, mellow stuff of the highest pedigree. The cover of John Lee Hooker's "One room country shack" is superb and ends the first side of the vinyl in the best way.

Side two opens with "Applause", a song about a performer who's entertaining but really feels lonely. A fantastic song, sad but epic in a jazz-rock way. "Yesterday's music" is a straight forward pop//rock song but a terrific one. Then comes the humour, "Naked man". An oddity but very entertaining and nice melody. The cover of the Beatles song "Got to get you into my life" is inspired and everything draws to a close with the beautiful "Takin' it home", thus ending a wonderful album.

Not many people seem to like, no love, this album as I do. I think it is very underrated, inspired and vibrant record showcasing all that's great with the genre. There's jazz, rock, funk, blues, folk, hard rock and then some. Of special note is the fact that George Wadenius is the guitarist on the album, as he had been for some time in 1975. Being swedish I find it especially cool that one of my countrymen, and such a brilliant one aswell, is part of this album's greatness. I love it, from start to finish. It is an amazing album. Complex, beautiful, accessible and entertaining.

Send comments to GruvanDahlman (BETA) | Report this review (#1290611) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, October 13, 2014

Post a review of BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS "New City"