IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 2 by If (2006-03-13)If 2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
Repertoire

Collection of 3 Val Doonican 7" vinyl The Special Years If I Knew Then USD $2.46 [0 bids]
Sting 12" Single with Original Cover-IF YOU LOVE SOMEBODY SET THEM FREEx3+1 USD $12.00 [0 bids]
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Sicx: If These Walls Could USD $46.78 Buy It Now
DAVE CLARK 5, CATCH US IF YOU CAN +3, 1965 JAPAN NM EP WITH PIC COVER USD $22.50 Buy It Now
THE FREE DESIGN 45RPM '68 PROJECT 3 NOW IS THE TIME/IF I WERE A CARPENTER PROMO USD $10.45 [0 bids]
FIREHORSE 3 TAPE CASSETTE LOT PUNK SST RAGIN FULL ON IF'N new wave boombox USD $19.00 Buy It Now
LOT OF 2 REGGAE CDs: CARIBBEAN NIGHTS 2, IF YOU WANT REGGAE CLASSICS VOL 3 (FS) USD $6.00 Buy It Now
COPPERSKY - IF WE'RE LOSING EVERYTHING VINYL LP + MP3 NEW+ USD $28.30 Buy It Now
SPILLER GROOVEJET (IF THIS AIN'T LOVE) SOPHIE ELLIS BEXTOR 3 TRACK CD - VGC USD $6.43 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Open Music What If?/Real Time 10" vinyl single record UK OPR3 OUTPUT 1996 USD $14.12 Buy It Now 4h 51m
The Lemonheads - If I Could Talk I'd Tell You - CD (3 x Track Aus. Card Sleeve) USD $10.77 Buy It Now 5h 16m
Pete Seeger - If I Had A Hammer - Vol. 3 RARE 1958 Israeli Israel 4xTracks EP 7" USD $29.74 Buy It Now 7h 26m
Vintage Vinyl 33 1/3 Record Album Mario Lanza "If You Are But A Dream" USD $3.65 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Bangles If She Knew What She Wants 3 track Holland 12" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 11m
Natural What if,Autogramm,Pock It CD Single,3 ",Ltd.Edition, USD $15.00 Buy It Now 10h 23m
Sting If You Love Somebody Set Them Free 3 mixes , Another Day Us 12" USD $13.99 Buy It Now 10h 28m
CELINE DION CD Falling Into You 3 Track If That's / The Colour 1996 USD $3.64 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Granite Block 3" Square- If we are facing in the right direction all we have ... USD $16.45 Buy It Now 14h 59m
3 45RPM: Peter, Paul & Mary: If I Had A Hammer, Lemon Tree, Big Boat USD $10.00 Buy It Now 16h 56m
IF? "SATURDAY'S ANGELS" 3-TRACK UK MCA PROMO 12" WMCST 1627 USD $1.22 [0 bids]
Catch Me If You Can USD $6.37 Buy It Now 20h 33m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) ~LikeNew CD Marieann Meringolo: Imagine If We Only H USD $7.38 Buy It Now 21h 26m
Kim Wilde JAPAN 3" mini CD If I Can't Have You MVDM-39 UNSNAPPED Sample or PROMO USD $19.99 Buy It Now 22h 22m
If 3 [4009910109724] New CD USD $11.14 Buy It Now 23h 13m
Lot of 3 45 RPM Records Adam Wade PS As If I Didn't Know - Cold Cold Winter + USD $9.99 Buy It Now 23h 49m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existe USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existed USD $6.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Brenda K. Starr (2) 12" Desayuno De Amor 3 Mixes If You Could Read My Mind 5 Mix USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Diana Ross - If We Hold On Together c/w Instrumental 3" JAPAN CD SINGLE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Bread - If c/w The Guitar Man 3" JAPAN CD SINGLE USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Diana Ross - If We Hold On Together/Instrumental 3" JAPAN CD SINGLE w/OBI SHEET USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Prefab Sprout - UK CD single / If You Don't Love Me + 3 tracks / SKCD 60 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Eloise Laws - If I Don't Watch Out - Liberty PS - Modern Soul - MP3 USD $18.51 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL AND OATES_IF That's What Makes You Happy_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_F3 USD $9.08 Buy It Now 1 day
MAR KHALIFE, Bachar - Ya Balad - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP + MP3 download code) USD $22.33 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICO CHICO Bamboleo Spanish Summer Mix If I Had A Hammer WEST GERMAN 3-trk 12" USD $12.34 Buy It Now 1 day
CIMONE If You Want Me Sunburst, Dub and Radio mixes 3-trk 12" Groove Move GMT127 USD $12.34 Buy It Now 1 day
MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK Go PHOTO Print POSTER Even if It Kills Me Shirt CD 001 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POGUES If I Should Fall from Grace with God PHOTO Print POSTER Band 001 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF I CAN DREAM: ELVIS PRESLEY WITH THE ROYAL PHILH 3 CD NEW+ USD $107.00 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS Alive At Red Rocks PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not Now, When? Shirt 007 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS A Crow Left Of The Murder 2004 UK Tour PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not 06 USD $18.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Jean Carn - If You Wanna Go Back - Philly Int White Demo - Modern Soul - MP3 USD $18.51 Buy It Now 1 day
OM lot of 3 12" singles KING KOOBA Fooling, If I Could USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JENNIFER LOPEZ - IF YOU HAD MY LOVE - UK CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS + POSTER USD $2.78 [0 bids]
PAINT FUMES If It Ain't Paint Fumes It Worth A Huff LP NEW VINYL + MP3 GET HIP USD $16.66 Buy It Now 1 day
NM 12"~RALPH GRAHAM~Changing Up My Life[5:07]/If I Should Lose You[3:35]~WLP RCA USD $2.88 Buy It Now 1 day
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Cassette Single) USD $3.07 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul De Jong If LP sealed vinyl + mp3 download The Books USD $21.98 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" VINYL UK Mca 1992 3 Track Promo Featuring USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MINI CURRY If They Only Knew 12" VINYL US Mini 1986 3 Track Vocal, Instrumental USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? If 12" VINYL UK Mca 1991 3 Track Never Say Die Mix B/W 21St Century Dub USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
PAULINE HENRY If I Can't Have You 12" VINYL UK Riversal 1998 3 Track Kupper USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
WIRE TRAIN Should She Cry 12" VINYL UK Mca 1990 3 Track B/W If You See Her Go USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
BRENDA RUSSELL Gravity 12" VINYL UK A&M 1988 3 Track Remix B/W Dub Mix And If USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
SQUEEZE If It's Love 12" VINYL UK A&M 1989 3 Track B/W Franks Bag And Vanity USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
16 TAMBOURINES If I Should Stay 12" VINYL UK Arista 1989 3 Track B/W Same Old USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
NONA HENDRYX If Looks Could Kill 12" VINYL UK Rca 1985 3 Track Killer Club Mix USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" VINYL UK London 1990 3 Track B/w If You're USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" VINYL UK Mca 1992 3 Track Featuring Leftfield USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD If Only I Could 12" VINYL UK Circa 1989 3 Track Extended USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 12" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track In A Gatefold Pic USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD If Only I Could 12" VINYL German Circa 1989 3 Track Extended USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
5 STAR Stay Out Of My Life 12" VINYL UK Rca 1987 3 Track B/W If I Say Yeas USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
TRUTH (MOD GROUP) Exception Of Love 12" VINYL UK Irs 1984 3 Track B/W If Ever USD $8.38 Buy It Now 1 day
BIG BAM BOO If You Could See Me Now 12" VINYL UK Mca 1989 3 Track Myopic Mix USD $8.38 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Starwood: If It Ain't Broke Break It USD $9.05 Buy It Now 1 day
PRIVATE TABBY Jailhouse 12" VINYL UK Trojan 1986 3 Track B/W Version And If You USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me Can I Come Too 12" VINYL UK Epic 1988 3 USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM APPLEBY If You Cared 12" VINYL UK Parlophone 3 Track 12 Inch Remix B/W 12 USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
CHER If I Could Turn Back Time 12" VINYL UK Geffen 1989 3 Track Limited Edition USD $45.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BONNIE TYLER If You Were A Woman 12" VINYL UK Cbs 1986 3 Track Extended Version USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
LENNY KRAVITZ If You Can't Say No 12" VINYL UK Virgin 1998 3 Track Bt's USD $10.97 Buy It Now 1 day
FARINA Two People 7" VINYL UK Pickled Egg 1999 3 Track B/W If She Should Blame USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...Forget It 7" VINYL UK Arista 1976 3 USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
LOUISE MORRISSEY He Thinks I Still Care 7" VINYL UK Ritz 1989 3 Track B/W If USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" VINYL UK London 1990 3 Track Promo B/w If USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" VINYL UK Sbk 1991 3 Track Special Limited Edition USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" VINYL UK 1991 3 Track Promo B/W Acoustic Version USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
VENDETTA If You Want My Love 12" VINYL UK Plaza 1984 3 Track Extended Version USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
PRUDES Never Penetrate 12" VINYL UK Imaginary 1990 3 Track B/w Factotum And If USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
SIMPLY RED If You Don't Know Me By Now 12" VINYL UK Wea 1989 3 Track B/W Move USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
ATLANTIC STARR If Your Heart Isnt In It 12" VINYL UK A&M 1985 3 Track B/w Stand USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT BROOKINS If You Only Knew 12" VINYL UK Mca 1987 3 Track (Mcat1143) Pic USD $5.18 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM APPLEBY If You Cared 12" VINYL UK Parlophone 1991 3 Track 12 Inch Remix USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHELLE SHOCKED If Love Was A Train 12" VINYL UK London 1988 3 Track USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
HALO JAMES Wanted 12" VINYL UK Epic 1989 3 Track B/W Worlds Apart And If USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet 12" VINYL UK Atlantic 1989 3 Track B/W If You Want USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
PARACHUTE MEN If I Could Wear Your Jacket 12" VINYL UK Fire 1988 3 Track With USD $6.16 Buy It Now 1 day
JEFFREY OSBORNE If My Brother's In Trouble 12" VINYL UK Arista 1991 3 Track USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
ASWAD If I Was 12" VINYL UK Bubblin 1995 3 Track B/W Fever And Day By Day USD $5.17 Buy It Now 1 day
Danielle - Tell Me If You Like It - CD (WEA 3 x Track) USD $9.33 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD : If You See Her... USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
3 VINTAGE KEN GRIFFEN 78 RPM DOODLE-EE-DO/IF I HAD YOU/CUCKOO WALTZ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL McDONALD_If That's What It Tak_used VINYL LP album_ships from AUS!_shF3r USD $22.69 Buy It Now 2 days
NINA SHAW Stop If You Love Me 7" VINYL UK Ecstasy 1983 B/W Instrumental (Xtc3) USD $3.88 Buy It Now 2 days
WILDER Star 7" VINYL UK Corazon 1993 3 Track B/W If Not Now When And Expose USD $3.88 Buy It Now 2 days
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track (Jive109) USD $2.58 Buy It Now 2 days
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" VINYL UK Old Gold 1979 3 Track B USD $2.59 Buy It Now 2 days
BARBARA MANDRELL If Loving You Is Wrong 7" VINYL UK Mca 1978 3 Track USD $5.17 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"