IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
3 by If3 by If
Repertoire Records
IF 2 + If 'Live in Liverpool' By If (2012-12-03)IF 2 + If 'Live in Liverpool' By If (2012-12-03)
Repertoire Records
If 2 by If (2006-03-27)If 2 by If (2006-03-27)
Repertoire
If 3If 3
Sunrise 2004
If 3 (USA 1st pressing vinyl LP)If 3 (USA 1st pressing vinyl LP)
Capitol
Vinyl$19.72 (used)
If 3 by IfIf 3 by If
Sunrise
18/5/85pg21 Single Advert 3x10 Claire Hamill, If You'd Only Talk To Me USD $8.75 Buy It Now 38m 33s
NM 12"~MAD LION~Bring It If You Want It~[x3 Mix]~Platinumize~[x2]~DJ Sound Bites USD $2.97 Buy It Now 38m 36s
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - IF YOU TOLERATE THIS 3-Track CD Single USD $2.19 Buy It Now 51m 12s
Pete Seeger - If I Had A Hammer - Vol.3 RARE 1958 Israeli Israel 4xTracks EP 7" USD $38.49 Buy It Now 1h 26m
CA R&B Funk Sonny Green HILL 777 Jody's on the run / If you want me to keep MP3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 42m
STAVES, The - If I Was - Vinyl (gatefold LP + MP3 download code) USD $26.44 Buy It Now 7h 13m
Only if God Says Yes~~Yolanda Adams~~Christian World Soundtrack~CD~3 Key~NEW USD $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 50m
NM 12"~MYSTIKAL~BUTCH CASSIDY~Tarantula~[x3 Mixes]~If It Ain't Live, Me~[x3 Mix] USD $1.97 Buy It Now 11h 43m
Tina Arena, If I Was A River (UK 3-track CD Single) USD $1.45 [0 bids]
A3 CD Stop Us If Youve Heard This One Before Wildhearts with T-Shirts USD $50.00 Buy It Now 11h 48m
RUFFO Y SUS 4 EP Spain 1964 If I had a hammer +3 ( In Spanish ) USD $15.00 [0 bids]
IF double diamond US ORIGINAL LP Metromedia BML1-0174 (A2/A3) MINT NM USD $29.99 Buy It Now 12h 30m
Pennywise - What If I - Rare Australia Only 3-Track CD Release (Shock/Cortex) USD $10.77 Buy It Now 14h 57m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) ~LikeNew CD Marieann Meringolo: Imagine If We Only H USD $5.88 Buy It Now 15h 26m
Barry Manilow If I Should Love Again 1981 33 1/3 LP USD $1.49 [0 bids]
17h
IF 3 [4009910109724] NEW CD USD $13.95 Buy It Now 17h 13m
NINJA TUNE & IF MUSIC PRESENT IF MUSIC 2.0 3xLP Sealed Limited Comp Hip Hop Jazz USD $19.99 [0 bids]
18h
ROBERT PLANT-If I Were A Carpenter 3tracks Disc 1 CDS USD $9.99 Buy It Now 20h 46m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existe USD $4.20 Buy It Now 21h 45m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existed USD $5.46 Buy It Now 21h 46m
Space : DIARY OF A WIMP / IF I EVER / RAYMOND 3 Tracks CD Single USD $5.49 Buy It Now 22h 47m
KIM WILDE IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU CD SINGLE AUSTRALIA CARD SLEEVE 3 TRACKS USD $5.80 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL AND OATES_IF That's What Makes You Happy_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_F3 USD $8.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MATCHBOX TWENTY - IF YOU'RE GONE 3 track CD USD $3.88 Buy It Now 1 day
MAR KHALIFE, Bachar - Ya Balad - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl LP + MP3 download code) USD $26.08 Buy It Now 1 day
CHER One By One CD 3 Track B/w If I Could Turn Back Time And It's A Man's Man's USD $6.12 Buy It Now 1 day
HANSON IF ONLY CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS 1 VIDEO USD $2.18 [0 bids]
HK CD 3" Andy Lau ??? If Sky Love Beyond Sing ???????? (3?CD???) NEW USD $155.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK Go PHOTO Print POSTER Even if It Kills Me Shirt CD 001 USD $18.61 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POGUES If I Should Fall from Grace with God PHOTO Print POSTER Band 001 USD $18.61 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bluetones If... CD Single Australian Card Sleeve 3 Tracks USD $3.59 Buy It Now 1 day
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF I CAN DREAM: ELVIS PRESLEY WITH THE ROYAL PHILH 3 CD NEW+ USD $96.51 Buy It Now 1 day
Rihanna "If It's Lovin' That You Want" DEFR-16362 12" Vinyl LP J3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rihanna "If It's Lovin' That You Want" DEFR-16446 12" Vinyl LP J3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS Alive At Red Rocks PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not Now, When? Shirt 007 USD $18.61 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS A Crow Left Of The Murder 2004 UK Tour PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not 06 USD $18.61 Buy It Now 1 day
ASWAD If I Was 12" 3 Track B/w Fever And Day By Day (12bubb6) Pic Sleeve UK Bubb USD $6.12 Buy It Now 1 day
FAITH HILL There You'll Be CD 3 Track B/w There Will Come A Day USD $6.12 Buy It Now 1 day
GERI HALLIWELL - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 1) USD $4.81 Buy It Now 1 day
JELLO BIAFRA, IF EVOLUTION IS OUTLAWED - 3 PICTURED DISC VIRUS 201 DEAD KENNEDYS USD $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
3 CD's From Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love, Right Back At Cha, & Blackface USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
APPLE MOSAIC, HONEY IF (3), VG/VG, 2 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sleeve, MDM, MDM USD $2.62 Buy It Now 1 day
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - If You Tolerate This.. 3 track CD single Mixes USD $1.45 Buy It Now 1 day
OM lot of 3 12" singles KING KOOBA Fooling, If I Could USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC Bon Scott ticket Mayfair Newcastle 3/11/78 If You Want Blood tour USD $292.18 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bernie Lowe Orchestra: If the big bands were here LP vinyl record album 3Q USD $1.00 Buy It Now 1 day
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Cassette Single) USD $3.64 Buy It Now 1 day
Paul De Jong If LP sealed vinyl + mp3 download The Books USD $24.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Rich Homie Quan 2015 Official Mix CD (3) Pack.. If you ever think, Summer, DTS.. USD $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Starwood: If It Ain't Broke Break It USD $7.55 Buy It Now 1 day
Danielle - Tell Me If You Like It - CD (WEA 3 x Track) USD $9.33 Buy It Now 1 day
If you Believe Brook Benton 33 1/3 RPM LP Album Mercury MG 20619 USD $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD : If You See Her... USD $4.57 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POGUES- IF I SHOULD FALL FROM GRACE PRINT T SHIRTS- ALL SIZES IN 3 COLOURS USD $17.52 Buy It Now 1 day
SPILLER - GROOVE JET (IF THIS AIN'T LOVE) 3 TRACK CD USD $2.74 Buy It Now 1 day
ENYA CD Only If 3 Track 1992 Willow On The Water / Oiche Chiun UK PRESSING ! NEW USD $11.61 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kill USD $4.20 Buy It Now 1 day
Lenny Kravitz If I Could Fall In Love Australian 3 Track CD Single USD $7.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Barry Manilow - If I Should Love Again - Vinyl Record LP 33 1/3 USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SILJE NERGAARD - IF I COULD WRAP UP A KISS (INKLUSIVE. 3 BONUS TRACKS) CD NEW+ USD $20.32 Buy It Now 2 days
ELVIS PRESLEY LP 180g + CD BOX Set If I Can Dream + Poster w/ 3 Bonus Tracks RPO USD $72.97 Buy It Now 2 days
Sheet Music LOT: 3 IRISH SONGS Songsheets DEAR OLD DONEGAL If You Ever Go To Ire USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
MICHAEL WOODS_Imogen Bailey_If You Want Me_used cd-s_ships from AUS!__F3 USD $8.62 Buy It Now 2 days
If This Were A Radio It Would Sound L... U2 3-CD (Triple CD) USA promo USD $37.90 Buy It Now 2 days
Pearl Bailey: Mame / If my friends could see me now promo 7" 45 record 45rpm 3c USD $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
IF THIS IS HOUSE I WANT MY MONEY BACK 3, 0673795712023, Various Artists USD $17.28 Buy It Now 2 days
MICHELLE SHOCKED If love was a Train w/ 3 RARE LIVE TRX UK CD single SEALED 1988 USD $33.24 Buy It Now 2 days
STING-WHEN WE DANCE/+IF YOU LOVE SOMEBODY X3 MIXES DIGIPAK UK NEAR MINT CD USD $8.98 Buy It Now 2 days
KD LANG If I Were You/Get Some/What's New Pussycat 3 Track CD Single! USD $2.19 Buy It Now 2 days
JELLO BIAFRA - IF EVOLUTION IS OUTLAWED / SEALED 3x 180G VINYL LP / VIRUS 201 UK USD $26.00 Buy It Now 2 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD : Only If U Knew Explicit Lyrics USD $10.65 Buy It Now 2 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD : Only If U Knew Explicit Lyrics USD $8.55 Buy It Now 2 days
If 3 4009910109724, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H USD $17.08 Buy It Now 2 days
JUNIOR VASQUEZ IF MADONNA CALLS (3 TRACK12"VINYL) USD $4.31 Buy It Now 2 days
HYBRID FT. JULEE CRUISE - If I survive - UK CD single (3 mixes) USD $3.64 Buy It Now 2 days
John Mellencamp 3 Lp Lot Uh-Huh, American Fool, Nothin' Matters And What If It USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love - 3 Track CD Single + Poster USD $4.31 Buy It Now 2 days
3 Shirley Bassey "PROMOS" -Living, If I Never Sing Another Song, This is My Life USD $9.95 [0 bids]
If You Don't Know Me by Now + 3 [Maxi Single] by Simply Red (CD, Apr-1989,... USD $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FIORUCCI You Can Get It If You Really Want CD SINGLE 3 trks USED *starcomed1 USD $1.14 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW If This Is House I Want My Money Back, Vol. 3 CD (CD) Free P USD $22.14 Buy It Now 2 days
IF-WATERFALL + 3-JAPAN CD F83 USD $27.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ROGER WHITTAKER_IF I Were A Rich Man_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_O3 USD $8.62 Buy It Now 2 days
IF-3 Self-Titled 8-Track Stereo Tape Cartridge Rare Psych Rock Psychadelic Case USD $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
DWIGHT YOAKAM Bundle Of 3 CDs - Hillbilly Deluxe/This Time/If There Was A Way USD $8.75 Buy It Now 3 days
3 CD Lot Partridge Family Brady Bunch Greatest Hits Best If I Were a Carpenter USD $11.95 Buy It Now 3 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Mr. Bigg: Only If U Knew Clean USD $6.34 Buy It Now 3 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Mr. Bigg: Only If U Knew Clean USD $9.54 Buy It Now 3 days
Tommy Conwell 3" CD single (CD3) If We Never Meet Again Japanese 10EP3060 USD $15.34 Buy It Now 3 days
What If?/Real Time Open Music UK 10" vinyl single record OPR3 OUTPUT 1996 USD $16.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Bennet If You Met Me Then You'd Like Me UK CD single (CD5 / 5") RR-2316-3 USD $13.86 Buy It Now 3 days
MUNCIE FAMILY SINGERS IF I COULDN'T SING A SONG PLUS 3 OTHER SONGS 7 INCH 33 EP USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Marc Dorsey If You Really Wanna Know 3 Trk CD USD $8.75 Buy It Now 3 days
If You Leave Me Now 7" 45 RPM Chicago S CBS 4603 1976 UK A3/B3 USD $4.37 Buy It Now 3 days
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN Lot of Three (3) LPs - If You Love Me, Totally Hot USD $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Soul 45 Betty Wright - If I Ever Do Wrong / Rock On Baby, Rock On On Alston 3 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - IF YOU TOLERATE THIS... 3 track remix CD single USD $2.19 Buy It Now 3 days
IF - IF 3 - CD 10 TRACKS CLASSIC ROCK & POP NEW+ USD $17.31 Buy It Now 3 days
LEAH BELL, IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A WAY OUT, G/VG, 3 Track, 7" Single, Picture Sl USD $2.60 Buy It Now 3 days
PURE PRAIRIE LEAGUE If The Shoe Fits + Just Fly + Dance 30 track 3on2 CD SEALED USD $17.52 Buy It Now 3 days
LP 2
~ USD $13.03
CD if4
~ USD $14.17

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"