IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
Repertoire
If2 by If (2006-03-13)If2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire

Bob Dylan,If Not For You, Song Lyrics Typography, Art Print, A4/A3 USD $5.01 Buy It Now
Bob Dylan,If Not For You, Song Lyrics Typography, Art Print, A4/A3 USD $10.03 Buy It Now
Bennet If You Met Me Then You'd Like Me CD single (CD5 / 5") UK RR-2316-3 USD $11.91 Buy It Now
PAT BOONE 7" vinyl record IF DREAMS CAME TRUE 3 pronged tri centre 45 HLD 8675 USD $10.03 Buy It Now
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD 50 Cent: If I Can't Import, Single USD $5.38 Buy It Now
If - 3 (2014) (NEW CD) USD $12.22 Buy It Now
DONNY OSMOND UK 1988 3" CD Single If It's Love That You Want Disc=NearMINT USD $18.81 Buy It Now
If Bread Japanese 3" CD single (CD3) WPDR-3010 WEA 1994 USD $15.05 Buy It Now
Tommy Conwell If We Never Meet Again Japanese 3" CD single (CD3) 10EP3060 USD $13.18 Buy It Now
F.B.I. - F.B.I. - 1976 7" GOOD EARTH - RARE FUNK - BUY 3 7"S & PAY POST FOR 1 USD $10.04 Buy It Now
D'LOW - IF EVER.... - 3 TRACK HIP HOP CD SINGLE USD $2.50 Buy It Now
EMERSON DRIVE "What If?" NEW SEALED C&W CD---1 of last 3 left !!!! USD $4.99 Buy It Now
McALMONT Honey PROMO 3-trck CD I Don't Even Know If I Should Call You Baby Still USD $4.76 [0 bids]
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Tamar (Artist): If You Don't Wanna Love USD $7.05 Buy It Now
If You Only Knew by Prymary Colorz (CD, Sep-2002, Big3 Records) NEW Sealed USD $5.99 Buy It Now 23m 38s
Timbaland: If We Ever Meet Again PROMO w/ Artwork MUSIC AUDIO CD Katy Perry 3trk USD $88.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
The Empires If I'm A Fool AMP 3 Promo 45 132 USD $149.00 Buy It Now 2h 58m
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $7.84 Buy It Now 3h 32m
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 3h 32m
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $25.91 Buy It Now 3h 32m
JIGSAW DEMO:"IF I HAVE TO GO AWAY".1977 SPLASH.NEAR MINT.MINOR #36 HIT.3 START. USD $3.76 [0 bids]
If You Think You Know How To Love Me - 3 DISC SET - Smokie (2013, CD New) USD $10.85 Buy It Now 5h 25m
STRAITJACKET FITS - IF I WERE YOU - OZ 3 TRK CD - FLYING NUN - DIGIPAK USD $11.58 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Spiller ft Sophie Ellis-Bexter Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) 3 versions CD Sgl USD $3.75 Buy It Now 6h 24m
WILLIE NELSON "IF YOU'VE GOT THE MONEY/The Sound" COLUMBIA 3-10383 (1976) 45rpm USD $3.00 Buy It Now 7h
JANET JACKSON Japan Only 1993 Tall 3" CD Single IF USD $39.99 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Crystal Waters Say... If You Feel Alright 4 Track Maxi Cd 1996 Mercury USA S3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
45 rpm vinyl records 17 + 3 for free for "IF" any issues on condition,various 7" USD $10.00 [0 bids]
Dance 12" Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely (3 Mixes) Gordy NM 1985 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 24m
ELVIS PRESLEY LP 180g + CD BOX Set If I Can Dream + Poster w/ 3 Bonus Tracks RPO USD $62.68 Buy It Now 8h
ENYA CD Only If 3 Track 1992 Willow On The Water / Oiche Chiun UK PRESSING ! NEW USD $9.98 Buy It Now 8h
RONAN KEATING - IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES - CD (2002) 3 TRACKS + VIDEO USD $0.50 [0 bids]
CD LOT OF 3 DANE COOK DISCS RETALIATION HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED ROUGH AROUND EDGES USD $11.99 Buy It Now 9h 11m
THE IRISH BREAKDOWN: Once More, If You Will-M1985LP AUTOGRAPHED BY 3 MEMBERS USD $26.75 Buy It Now 9h 47m
The Bluetones If..... 3 Track CD Single USD $6.26 Buy It Now 11h 10m
VERN JACKSON Lot 3 Cassette Tapes NEW Christian If That Isn't Love Hello Mama + USD $29.69 Buy It Now 11h 48m
Yanni - If I Could Tell You / CD / Used / US-2000 / #7243 8 49893 2 3 USD $5.95 Buy It Now 13h
Blue if you come back Guilty Fly Bi x 3 CD Single USD $1.24 Buy It Now 19h
Cecilia Bartoli: 3 CD LOT A Portrait, If You Love Me, Impatient Lover, London USD $24.99 Buy It Now 19h 12m
Vintage Vinyl 33 1/3 Record Album Mario Lanza "If You Are But A Dream" USD $3.69 Buy It Now 19h 34m
SHY (ROCK/NWOBHM GROUP) Money 12" VINYL 3 Track Limited Metallic Sleeve B/w If USD $3.94 Buy It Now 20h 20m
Bread "If" JAPAN 3" Mini CD Single 1994 w/ Removable Hard Case USD $8.39 [0 bids]
CHICAGO - 3 x singles ,IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW , DIALOGUE ,I'M AMAN 7inch singles USD $3.76 [0 bids]
OZARK MOUNTAIN DAREDEVILS 3 lps If You Wanna Get To Heaven Jackie Blue EX++ USD $14.99 [0 bids]
The Best If Brahms CD Hungarian Dances #s 1,3,4,5,6&10 USD $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC IF YOU WANT BLOOD RARE ORIGINAL GERMANY PRESS MATRIX A3/B3 1978 EX/EX USD $34.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Sugar If I Can't Change Your Mind CD Promo EX+ Husker Du VRCD0239/3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MANIC STREET PREACHERS If you tolerate 3TRX w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD single USA USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3 BARRY MANILOW ALBUM THIS ONES FOR YOU,ONE VOICE,IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN ARISTA USD $0.99 [0 bids]
Daniel Bedingfield If you're not the one Australian 3 track + 2 videos Single USD $2.50 [0 bids]
018 Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $7.84 Buy It Now 1 day
018 Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
018 Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $25.91 Buy It Now 1 day
Sydney Youngblood If only I could 3 mix 1989 European album style 12" USD $1.24 [0 bids]
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Enh CD Single Pt 1) USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
3 LP Lot by AC/DC: Back in Black, If You want Blood. For Those About to Rock USD $6.00 [6 bids]
DIANA ROSS If We Hold On Take Me One You Love IMPORT 3 CD Singles Set USD $7.00 [0 bids]
USD $10.00 Buy It Now
LIVERPOOL FIVE: If You Gotta Go, Go Now +3 45 (Spain, EP w/ PC laminated 'back USD $200.00 Buy It Now 1 day
3 RECORDS STEPHANIE MILLS WHATCHA GONNA DO SWEET SENSATION IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
WIZ KHALIFA [3LP LOT]- O.N.I.F.C, Blacc Hollywood, Kush & OJ COLORED VINYL New! USD $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SCOTT WALKER:SCOTT 3 (1969 Album) Mercury CD Inc. If You Go Away USD $3.75 [1 bids]
NONA HENDRYX If Looks Could Kill 12" VINYL UK Rca 1985 3 Track Killer Club Mix USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
16 TAMBOURINES If I Should Stay 12" VINYL UK Arista 1989 3 Track B/W Same Old USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
ASWAD If I Was 12" VINYL UK Bubblin 1995 3 Track B/W Fever And Day By Day USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
RUBY TURNER WITH JONATHAN BUTLER If You're Ready 12" VINYL UK Jive 1985 USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" VINYL UK London 1990 3 Track B/w If You're USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
5 STAR Stay Out Of My Life 12" VINYL UK Rca 1987 3 Track B/W If I Say Yeas USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
SQUEEZE If It's Love 12" VINYL UK A&M 1989 3 Track B/W Franks Bag And Vanity USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 12" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track In A Gatefold Pic USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
PAULINE HENRY If I Can't Have You 12" VINYL UK Riversal 1998 3 Track Kupper USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD If Only I Could 12" VINYL German Circa 1989 3 Track Extended USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
BONNIE TYLER If You Were A Woman 12" VINYL UK Cbs 1986 3 Track Extended Version USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
CHER If I Could Turn Back Time 12" VINYL UK Geffen 1989 3 Track Limited Edition USD $44.10 Buy It Now 1 day
BIG BAM BOO If You Could See Me Now 12" VINYL UK Mca 1989 3 Track Myopic Mix USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
TRUTH (MOD GROUP) Exception Of Love 12" VINYL UK Irs 1984 3 Track B/W If Ever USD $8.52 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD If Only I Could 12" VINYL UK Circa 1989 3 Track Extended USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" VINYL UK London 1990 3 Track Promo B/w If USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet 12" VINYL UK Atlantic 1989 3 Track B/W If You Want USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
WIRE TRAIN Should She Cry 12" VINYL UK Mca 1990 3 Track B/W If You See Her Go USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" VINYL UK Sbk 1991 3 Track Special Limited Edition USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" VINYL UK Mca 1992 3 Track Featuring Leftfield USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
PRIVATE TABBY Jailhouse 12" VINYL UK Trojan 1986 3 Track B/W Version And If You USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT BROOKINS If You Only Knew 12" VINYL UK Mca 1987 3 Track (Mcat1143) Pic USD $5.27 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM APPLEBY If You Cared 12" VINYL UK Parlophone 3 Track 12 Inch Remix B/W 12 USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" VINYL UK 1991 3 Track Promo B/W Acoustic Version USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
HALO JAMES Wanted 12" VINYL UK Epic 1989 3 Track B/W Worlds Apart And If USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
BRENDA RUSSELL Gravity 12" VINYL UK A&M 1988 3 Track Remix B/W Dub Mix And If USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
ATLANTIC STARR If Your Heart Isnt In It 12" VINYL UK A&M 1985 3 Track B/w Stand USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHELLE SHOCKED If Love Was A Train 12" VINYL UK London 1988 3 Track USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM APPLEBY If You Cared 12" VINYL UK Parlophone 1991 3 Track 12 Inch Remix USD $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
VENDETTA If You Want My Love 12" VINYL UK Plaza 1984 3 Track Extended Version USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
MENTAL AS ANYTHING If You Leave Me Can I Come Too 12" VINYL UK Epic 1988 3 USD $6.26 Buy It Now 1 day
MINI CURRY If They Only Knew 12" VINYL US Mini 1986 3 Track Vocal, Instrumental USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" VINYL UK Mca 1992 3 Track Promo Featuring USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
JEFFREY OSBORNE If My Brother's In Trouble 12" VINYL UK Arista 1991 3 Track USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
PRUDES Never Penetrate 12" VINYL UK Imaginary 1990 3 Track B/w Factotum And If USD $3.94 Buy It Now 1 day
LENNY KRAVITZ If You Can't Say No 12" VINYL UK Virgin 1998 3 Track Bt's USD $11.16 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"