IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
$7.99
If 2 by If (2006-03-13)If 2 by If (2006-03-13)
$32.34
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
$29.73
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
$32.37
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
$32.27
If2 by If (2006-03-13)If2 by If (2006-03-13)
$32.34

TELLY SAVALAS X 3 - IF / YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN FEELIN / KOJAK THEME USD $9.42 Buy It Now 41m 18s
D'LOW - IF EVER.... - 3 TRACK HIP HOP CD SINGLE USD $2.68 Buy It Now 43m 30s
EMERSON DRIVE "What If?" NEW SEALED C&W CD---1 of last 3 left !!!! USD $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 5m
FIVE IF YA GETTIN' DOWN CD SINGLE (NO POSTER) 3F USD $2.01 Buy It Now 1h 45m
MN8 IF YOU ONLY LET ME IN CD SINGLE 3F USD $2.01 Buy It Now 1h 48m
If You Only Knew by Prymary Colorz (CD, Sep-2002, Big3 Records) NEW Sealed USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
The Rolling Stones - Got Live If You Want It! GER LP + Innerbag /3* USD $19.49 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Harry Secombe - "Songs to remember" 7" EP (1967) "If I Ruled The World" + 3 USD $1.33 Buy It Now 2h 48m
BLUETONES IF CD SINGLE 3K USD $2.68 Buy It Now 2h 57m
JENNIFER LOPEZ - IF YOU HAD MY LOVE (CD2) - 3 TRACK CD SINGLE - 1999 COLUMBIA USD $2.28 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Atomic kitten If you come to me Feels so good 3 track + video 2003 CD single USD $0.66 [0 bids]
Timbaland: If We Ever Meet Again PROMO w/ Artwork MUSIC AUDIO CD Katy Perry 3trk USD $88.99 Buy It Now 5h 2m
33 1/3 RECORDS, " IF MEN SEE JESUS " by BOB & GLENDA KEITH. SIGNED. USD $3.20 Buy It Now 5h 5m
NOT TONIGHT & THE HEADACHES - If You Were Real... new UK CD (Buy 3 = Free P&P!) USD $3.62 [0 bids]
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $8.42 Buy It Now 5h 36m
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $14.49 Buy It Now 5h 36m
245 Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You - Song Lyric Art Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $30.25 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Vikki Carr - The Ultimate Collection 3 x CD box set incl. If You Love Me USD $4.03 [0 bids]
Agnetha Faltskog (ABBA) - If I Thought You'd Ever Change... UK 3 TRK CD Single USD $5.38 Buy It Now 7h 22m
Sly Boogy: If You Got Crew PROMO w/ Artwork MUSIC AUDIO CD Jagged Edge Edit 3trk USD $7.99 Buy It Now 9h
JANET JACKSON Japan Only 1993 Tall 3" CD Single IF USD $39.99 Buy It Now 9h 5m
Dance 12" Val Young - If You Should Ever Be Lonely (3 Mixes) Gordy NM 1985 USD $5.00 Buy It Now 9h 27m
What If?/Real Time Open Music 10" vinyl single record UK OPR3 OUTPUT 1996 USD $15.41 Buy It Now 10h 34m
K.D. LANG-IF I WERE YOU 3 TRACKS - ENGLAND - CD USD $2.00 Buy It Now 10h 53m
George Strait 3-CD BOX SET If You Ain't Lovin You Ain't Living/#7/Livin It Up NM USD $44.08 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Diana Ross 3" CD single (CD3) If We Hold On Together Japanese MVDM-6 MCA 1988 USD $23.58 Buy It Now 11h 15m
Bread If Japanese 3" CD single (CD3) WPDR-3010 WEA 1994 USD $16.16 Buy It Now 11h 15m
THE IRISH BREAKDOWN: Once More, If You Will-M1985LP AUTOGRAPHED BY 3 MEMBERS USD $26.75 Buy It Now 11h 51m
VERN JACKSON Lot 3 Cassette Tapes NEW Christian If That Isn't Love Hello Mama + USD $28.04 Buy It Now 13h 51m
3RD STOREE - If Ever / If They Only Knew - CD - Single - **Excellent Condition** USD $12.95 Buy It Now 17h 59m
Ether If you really want to know 3 track CD single USD $0.66 [0 bids]
CONNELLS Hats Off 12" VINYL 3 Track Ten Gallon Mix B/w Darker Days And If It C USD $9.89 Buy It Now 20h 28m
The Bluetones - If.. - CD Single- 1998 - 3 Great Tracks USD $4.70 Buy It Now 22h 34m
3x STAPLE SINGERS * Love Is Plentiful Promo / If You're Ready /Let's Do It Again USD $10.99 Buy It Now 23h 10m
SHAI If I Ever Fall in Love *90's R&B 3X Platinum 1992 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Oliva Newton John 3 LPs have yon never been mellow If you love me let me be ther USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
If You Met Me Then You'd Like Me Bennet UK CD single (CD5 / 5") RR-2316-3 USD $12.79 Buy It Now 1 day
Joe Echo ?- If I Were A Boy Label: L&K Records ?3 track UK Promo CD Single USD $14.78 [0 bids]
Errol Dunkley "If You Say So" Reggae 45 Jamaica For Jamaicans mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Gaylads "If You Knew/Joy In The Morning" Reggae 45 Coxsone mp3 USD $8.49 [2 bids]
The Best If Brahms CD Hungarian Dances #s 1,3,4,5,6&10 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Sugar If I Can't Change Your Mind CD Promo EX+ Husker Du VRCD0239/3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jello Biafra If Evolution Is Outlawed 3x LP Alternative Tentacles EX picture dis USD $45.00 Buy It Now 1 day
MANIC STREET PREACHERS If you tolerate 3TRX w/ RARE EDIT PROMO DJ CD single USA USD $23.74 Buy It Now 1 day
Keble Drummond "If Only Love Could Last" Reggae 45 Riley Inc mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
CELINE DION CD Falling Into You 3 Track If That's / The Colour 1996 USD $3.97 Buy It Now 1 day
BOB DYLAN: If Not For You 2:40- New Morning 3:57-Spain 7" 71 CBS 7092 Stereo PSL USD $74.98 Buy It Now 1 day
018 Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $8.42 Buy It Now 1 day
018 Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $14.49 Buy It Now 1 day
018 Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $30.25 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC-Dirty Deeds/If you want blood/Powerage 3 CDs Rare 1998 EMI ALBERT USD $15.53 [0 bids]
USD $38.83 Buy It Now
BARBRA STREISAND As If We Never Said Goodbye CD UK Issue EX cond (3) USD $5.38 Buy It Now 1 day
Pat Kelly "Coming Home/If It Don't Work Out" Reggae 45 Randys mp3 USD $8.50 [2 bids]
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Enh CD Single Pt 1) USD $4.03 Buy It Now 1 day
ME'SHELL NDEGEOCELLO-IF THAT'S YOUR BOYFRIEND. VERY RARE 3 TRACK 12" RnB PROMO. USD $2.69 Buy It Now 1 day
Roy Shirley "If I Did Know" Reggae 45 Blank mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Sting If on a Winter's Night.Christmas Seasonal 2009 CD Digipak NEW B0013329-02 USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
3 RECORDS STEPHANIE MILLS WHATCHA GONNA DO SWEET SENSATION IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better 3 Track CD Single USD $6.73 Buy It Now 1 day
Kim Wilde - If I Can't Have You - 3 Track CD Single 1993 Australia USD $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
The Bluetones - If - CD Single- 1998 - 3 Great Tracks USD $9.44 Buy It Now 1 day
Hoodoo Gurus - If Only - 3 Track CD Single Australia 1996 USD $7.48 Buy It Now 1 day
Leah Bell, If You're Looking.. 3 track ep, Credence Records, private press USD $5.38 [0 bids]
Hinda Hicks If you want me 3 track CD single USD $0.66 [0 bids]
Kim Wilde IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU French Import 3-trk CD USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Kim Wilde IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU UK Import 3tr CD Digipack USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Babybird If You'll Be Mine 3 track CD Single USD $1.55 Buy It Now 1 day
If You're Happy and You Know it: Volume 3 (ABC for Kids) (CD) = NEW DVM-Music USD $12.43 Buy It Now 1 day
R KELLY single I CAN'T SLEEP BABY IF I 3 track CD remix USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $12.06 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $26.94 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $20.14 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $16.10 Buy It Now 1 day
HANSON IF ONLY CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS 1 VIDEO USD $2.01 [0 bids]
WET WET WET | If I never see you again | Very good condition 3 Tracks USD $1.89 Buy It Now 1 day
Bread - 45 RPM Record - LOT of 3 IF Everything I Own MOTHER FREEDOM USD $5.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage vinyl Various Genres 3 Victrola records-"If I don't Care" (R706BD) USD $10.47 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage vinyl Romance 3 record set-the Look if Love, One Stormy Night (R563BD) USD $4.87 Buy It Now 2 days
VAL YOUNG - If You Should Ever Be Lonely - USA 12" VINYL - w/3 MIXES MOTOWN USD $5.06 Buy It Now 2 days
JOOSE If Tomorrow 3TRX w/ RARE EDIT & REMIX PROMO Radio DJ CD Single Never Comes USD $23.74 Buy It Now 2 days
SPILLER GROOVEJET IF THIS AINT LOVE CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS USD $13.46 [0 bids]
343 Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Song Lyric Print - A4 A3 USD $8.42 Buy It Now 2 days
343 Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Song Lyric Print - A4 A3 USD $14.49 Buy It Now 2 days
343 Flogging Molly - If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Song Lyric Print - A4 A3 USD $30.25 Buy It Now 2 days
Small Factory - For If You Cannot Fly - Small Factory CD 3RVG The Fast Free USD $7.48 Buy It Now 2 days
GOGI GRANT If You Want To Get To Heaven;Torch Time;Welcome To My Heart 3 LP LOT USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
INK SPOTS EP W SLEEVE 33 1/3 WALDORF RECORD IF I DIDN'T CARE & 5 MORE HITS USD $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
WET WET WET If I Never See You Again CD UK Precious 1997 3 Track Part 1 USD $4.23 Buy It Now 2 days
BLUETONES If CD German A&M 1998 3 Track Thick Case Issue (Blued009) B/W Blue USD $4.23 Buy It Now 2 days
SUPER FURRY ANIMALS If You Don't Want Me To Destroy You CD UK Creation 1996 3 USD $5.65 Buy It Now 2 days
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD UK Echo 1998 3 Track Part 2 B/W Memorise And I USD $5.65 Buy It Now 2 days
TAMPERER FEATURING MAYA If You Buy This Record CD European Jive 1998 3 Track USD $4.23 Buy It Now 2 days
MCALMONT Honey CD UK Hut 1998 3 Track B/w I Don't Even Know If I Should Call USD $4.23 Buy It Now 2 days
DRIVEN Jesus Loves You More If You Can Drive CD UK Polydor 1996 3 Track USD $2.83 Buy It Now 2 days
LIGHTNING SEEDS What If CD UK Issue Pressed In Austria Epic 1996 3 Track USD $4.23 Buy It Now 2 days
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD UK Tim Kerr 1998 3 USD $6.72 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"