IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 2 by If (2006-03-13)If 2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
Repertoire
Three by IF (2007-10-02)Three by IF (2007-10-02)
Body Heat

LITTLE JOE BLUE If You Love Me Like You Say 45 Ronn Rec. 118 US NM- REISS R USD $12.78 Buy It Now 2h 34m
WORLD WAR 3 - IF THE BOMB FALLS * RARE SOUL FUNK 7" 45 USD $37.24 Buy It Now 3h 51m
50 CENT IF I CAN'T 3 TRACK AUSTRALIAN PRESSING EXPLICIT VERSION CD - EXC - VGC USD $4.80 Buy It Now 4h 34m
THE BLUETONES 'IF.' 3-TRACK CD SINGLE USD $3.78 Buy It Now 8h 9m
Ronan Keating If Tomorrow Never Comes 3 Track Cd Single USD $1.25 [0 bids]
Five If Ya Gettin Down 3 Track Cd Single USD $1.25 [0 bids]
CHICO CHICO Bamboleo Spanish Summer Mix If I Had A Hammer WEST GERMAN 3-trk 12" USD $7.96 Buy It Now 9h 44m
CIMONE If You Want Me Sunburst, Dub and Radio mixes 3-trk 12" Groove Move GMT127 USD $7.96 Buy It Now 9h 44m
CHER * IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME * UK 3 TRK 3" CD * HTF! * HEART OF STONE USD $25.32 Buy It Now 10h 6m
LETLIVE - If I'm The Devil - Vinyl (red vinyl LP + poster + MP3 download code) USD $25.87 Buy It Now 11h 8m
Atomic Kitten IF YOU COME TO ME European Import 3-trk CD Maxi Single USD $4.99 Buy It Now 11h 20m
CHRIS BRAIDE IF I HADN'T GOT YOU (3TRACK 12"VINYL PROMO)*178 USD $7.53 Buy It Now 12h 22m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Wondermints: Mind If We Make Love to You USD $9.05 Buy It Now 14h 8m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD Wondermints: Mind If We Make Love to Yo USD $6.05 Buy It Now 14h 8m
E-A-SKI/Scarface 12" Promo Single-BLAST IF I HAVE TOx3/FRIDAT NIGHTx2-Music the USD $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 34m
SHAI If I Ever Fall in Love *90's R&B 3X Platinum 1992 USD $2.00 Buy It Now 14h 48m
Bad Company - If You Needed Somebody 4 Track 12" record SAM674 3rpm USD $12.65 Buy It Now 15h 7m
Barbra Streisand-As If We Never Said Goodbye-3 Track Import Single USD $10.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
Barbra Streisand/Vince Gill-If You Ever Leave Me Import CD Single! 3 Tracks USD $15.00 Buy It Now 15h 34m
SIMPLY RED - IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW - 3" GERMAN 1989 CD SINGLE USD $1.27 Buy It Now 16h 5m
Johnny Marr HAVEN If Ep 3UNRELEASE PROMO CD THE SMITHS USD $18.79 Buy It Now 16h 28m
FIVE IF YA GETTIN' DOWN VERSION 1 AUSTRALIAN PRESSING 3 TRACK CD - NM - LN USD $3.98 Buy It Now 16h 35m
HARD TO FIND DOO WOP 45 FASCINATIONS IF YOU LOVE ME +3 EP ON MAGIC CARPET VG+ USD $14.50 Buy It Now 17h 53m
Tommy Shane Steiner ~ WHAT IF SHE'S AN ANGEL" ~ 3 TRKS ~ RDJ69115-2 ~ PROMO CD USD $12.99 Buy It Now 18h 5m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kills Me USD $6.05 Buy It Now 18h 17m
THE BLUETONES - If... (UK 3 Track CD Single) USD $4.42 Buy It Now 18h 58m
If "3" 1971 Capitol LP/ Japanese Release USD $16.99 Buy It Now 21h 20m
JOE-WHAT IF A WOMAN 3-VERSION U.S. PROMO DJ CD CS199 # USD $5.00 Buy It Now 22h 16m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Sicx: If These Walls Could USD $79.30 Buy It Now 22h 25m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) USED,MINT CD 50 Cent: If I Can't Import, Single USD $3.50 Buy It Now 1 day
60s Soul SAM COOKE If I Had A Hammer etc TLP-B 2970 4 Track EP RARE EB45A3 USD $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ROD STEWART 3 CD If We Fall in Love-As Time Goes By-Thanks For The Memory USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
IF 3 LP NM- SMAS-820 1971 IF3 USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blue - If You Come Back (3 tracks plus video CD single) USD $2.47 Buy It Now 1 day
If You're Happy and You Know it: Volume 3 (ABC for Kids) (CD). USD $25.59 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God - 180g vinyl lp mp3 download USD $21.05 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Prymary Colorz: If You Only Knew Enhanced USD $9.88 Buy It Now 1 day
If 3 by If USD $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Hawthorne Heights: If Only You Were Lonely Ve USD $9.05 Buy It Now 1 day
The Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace With God - LP - 180g + MP3 USD $21.51 Buy It Now 1 day
BUCKS FIZZ 'IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
MIDGE URE 'IF I WAS ' UK PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MIDGE URE 'IF I WAS' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
Jamie T - If You Got The Money 2 ? song lyrics typography poster art print USD $15.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Jamie T - If You Got The Money 2 ? song lyrics typography poster art print USD $17.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Jamie T - If You Got The Money ? song lyrics typography poster art print - A1 A2 USD $15.13 Buy It Now 1 day
Jamie T - If You Got The Money ? song lyrics typography poster art print - A1 A2 USD $17.66 Buy It Now 1 day
Ian McNabb - If Love Was Like Guitars (3 Track CD Single 1992) USD $1.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ODYSSEY 'IF YOU'RE LOOKIN' FOR A WAY OUT' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK 'IF YOU GO AWAY' DUTCH PICTURE SLEEVE 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
The Empires If I'm A Fool AMP 3 Promo 45 132 USD $179.99 [0 bids]
IF? - If - Scarce 1991 3 track CD USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1 day
CYKLE:If You Can 2:40-In Love My Friend 3:38-U.S. 7" 1969 Label Records 101 PSL USD $748.98 Buy It Now 1 day
CYPRESS HILL Smoke Em If you got em RARE 3TRK SAMPLER PROMO DJ CD single 2004 USD $23.74 Buy It Now 1 day
THE TAMPERER ft MAYA - If You Buy This Record... (UK 3 Tk CD Single Pt 1) USD $4.16 Buy It Now 1 day
AKBAR TOO DIVINE b/w WHAT IF 12" OG 2004 NM JAZZ CHILD RECORDS DJ 3RD RAIL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Jackie Sheridan ?- If You Really Love Me Very Rare Mixes Cd 3 trak 1993 R USD $299.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD ** IF ONLY I COULD * 3" CD-SINGLE **Original 3" CD Single USD $1.90 [0 bids]
Letlive IF I'M THE DEVIL +MP3s & Poster EPITAPH New Sealed Vinyl Record LP USD $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vikki Carr - The Ultimate Collection 3 x CD box set incl. If You Love Me USD $7.58 [0 bids]
BROOKS & DUNN - CD Lot of 3 - Hard Workin Man, If You See Her, Waitin On Sundown USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Harry Secombe - "Songs to remember" 7" EP (1967) "If I Ruled The World" + 3 USD $1.25 Buy It Now 1 day
BLAKE MILLS If I'm Unworthy UK 3-trk promo CD radio edit / instrumental USD $5.05 Buy It Now 1 day
BREAD DAVID GATESJapan Only 1994 NM Tall 3" CD Single IF THE GUITAR MAN USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Nat 'King' Cole 45 ep w/ps MOODS IN SONG If I May + 3 ~ Cap.633 VG+ USD $4.08 Buy It Now 1 day
Richard Groove Holmes Prestige 442 1-2-3 and If I Had A Hammer USD $7.20 Buy It Now 1 day
If 3 Audio CD USD $13.81 Buy It Now 1 day
hear it VAN DYKES ~ rare promo ~ What will I do if I lose you MALA demo 45 mp3 USD $10.00 [0 bids]
HOODOO GURUS....IF ONLY......3 TRACK SINGLE MUSIC CD USD $5.18 Buy It Now 1 day
If This Is House I Want My Money Back, Vol. 3 New CD USD $14.76 Buy It Now 2 days
LITTLE MILTON If Walls Could Talk LP Chess Rec CH-9289 US 1988 VG++ GSP 3F USD $12.78 Buy It Now 2 days
Metallurgy, Vol. 3: Smoke 'Em If You've Got 'Em New CD USD $6.73 Buy It Now 2 days
NOBODY'S ANGEL: IF YOU WANNA DANCE (3-track CD Single, 1999) NEW USD $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Master P Steady Mobbin If I Could Change 3 Mixes 12 inch Nm/VG Priority USD $16.15 Buy It Now 2 days
TARA MACLEAN If I Fall 2000 Taiwan w/obi 3-Track CD Single+Plus Video USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
1/2/92Pgn48 Advert: if New Mini Album From Scorpio Rising Out Now 3x11" USD $6.32 Buy It Now 2 days
1/3/86PN43 ADVERT: HUSKER DU DONT WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE LONELY 15X5 USD $8.85 Buy It Now 2 days
Billie Jo Spears-Love Aint Gonna Wait/Every Time I Sing/If You Want Me-3 Lps USD $13.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Open Music 10" vinyl single record What If?/Real Time UK OPR3 OUTPUT 1996 USD $14.48 Buy It Now 2 days
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD - If Only I Could - Original 1989 UK Circa label 3-track 12" USD $6.44 Buy It Now 2 days
Diana Ross If We Hold On Together 3" CD single (CD3) Japanese MVDM-6 MCA 1988 USD $22.15 Buy It Now 2 days
If Bread Japanese 3" CD single (CD3) WPDR-3010 WEA 1994 USD $15.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Tommy Conwell If We Never Meet Again Japanese 3" CD single (CD3) 10EP3060 USD $13.29 Buy It Now 2 days
Triple Feature: Jars of Clay / Much Afraid / If I Left the Zoo - 3 CD's Set NEW USD $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TOM JONES IF I ONLY KNEW CD SINGLE 3B USD $2.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam With Full Force - I Wonder If I Take You Home -3 trax 12" USD $5.05 Buy It Now 2 days
JULIA FORDHAM Talk walk drive If Only I CD SINGLE JAPAN CD3 8cm VJDP-10171 s1251 USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Coffee MUGS-12 different designs- REDUCED TO CLEAR-Don't look if easily offended USD $7.58 Buy It Now 2 days
IF3 ~ SELF TITLED ~ CAPITOL SMAS 820 USD $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Fire Emblem if Fates 3DS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Japanese Game Music 7 CD Box F/S USD $95.00 Buy It Now 2 days
VICTORIA WILSON JAMES I Want You In My Movie 12" VINYL 3 Track B/W If You Ever USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
16 TAMBOURINES If I Should Stay 12" VINYL 3 Track B/W Same Old Story And Pokey USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
NONA HENDRYX If Looks Could Kill 12" VINYL 3 Track Killer Club Mix B/W Killer USD $6.32 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? If 12" VINYL 3 Track Never Say Die Mix B/W 21St Century Dub Mix And Off USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
PAULINE HENRY If I Can't Have You 12" VINYL 3 Track Kupper Classic Mix USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
MINI CURRY If They Only Knew 12" VINYL 3 Track Vocal, Instrumental And Vocal USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
HALL AND OATES Everything Your Heart Desires 12" VINYL 3 Track Featuring If You USD $5.32 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? Everything And More 12" VINYL 3 Track Promo Featuring Leftfield Vocal Mix USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" VINYL 3 Track B/w If You're Happy USD $3.97 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"