IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If by If (2004-03-22)If by If (2004-03-22)
Hangar 1018
If2 by If (2006-03-13)If2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire
3 by If3 by If
Repertoire Records
If 3 by IfIf 3 by If
Sunrise

OXIA - Tides Of Mind - Vinyl (180 gram vinyl 2xLP + free MP3 download code) USD $25.71 Buy It Now
If Ya Gettin' Down Five CD Single 3 Tracks USD $2.99 Buy It Now
JOOSE If Tomorrow 3TRX w/ RARE EDIT & REMIX PROMO Radio DJ CD Single Never Comes USD $23.74 Buy It Now
Lot of 3 Pop 45s - Ted Derby - If Animals Could Talk, Love Is An Animal +1 USD $3.00 [0 bids]
Collection of 3 Val Doonican 7" vinyl The Special Years If I Knew Then USD $2.56 [0 bids]
Automatic - "what if / star / slurve" 3 track CD single USD $6.87 Buy It Now
Shai (3) ...If I Ever Fall In Love JAPAN CD G-25925 USD $0.99 Buy It Now
MAROON 5 feat RHIANNA If I Never See Your Face Again Remixes UK 3-trk promo CD USD $7.71 Buy It Now
Spiller ft Sophie Ellis-Bexter Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) 3 versions CD Sgl USD $3.84 Buy It Now
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...Forget It 7" VINYL UK Arista 1976 3 USD $5.39 Buy It Now
LOUISE MORRISSEY He Thinks I Still Care 7" VINYL UK Ritz 1989 3 Track B/W If USD $4.04 Buy It Now
FARINA Two People 7" VINYL UK Pickled Egg 1999 3 Track B/W If She Should Blame USD $4.04 Buy It Now
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD UK Jive 2003 3 Track B/W If I Fall Acoustic USD $6.16 Buy It Now
HIGH FIDELITY Scream If You Want To Go Faster CD UK Plastique 2001 3 Track Part USD $6.16 Buy It Now
WALNUT SOUND Colours CD UK Private 2001 3 Track Still Sealed B/w Fine If You're USD $8.34 Buy It Now
LADY SOUL If My Sister's Introuble CD UK Hollywood 1992 3 Track B/W Shout USD $6.41 Buy It Now
TELEVISE Outside Out CD UK Club Ac 30 2005 3 Track B/W Let Me Go And If I Told USD $6.41 Buy It Now
RAHZEL All I Know CD UK Mca 1999 3 Track Radio Edit B/W If Your Mother Only USD $6.41 Buy It Now
MANCHILD If You Could See Me Right Now CD UK Bad Habits 1998 3 Track USD $6.41 Buy It Now
MARCOS HERNANDEZ If You Were Mine CD European Tvt 2005 3 Track Radio Edit Promo USD $4.04 Buy It Now
ASWAD If I Was CD UK Bubblin 1995 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/W Fever USD $5.39 Buy It Now
DR HOOK A Little Bit More CD UK Emi 1992 3 Track B/w Sylvia's Mother And If Not USD $6.41 Buy It Now
NINA SHAW Stop If You Love Me 7" VINYL UK Ecstasy 1983 B/W Instrumental (Xtc3) USD $4.04 Buy It Now
WILDER Star 7" VINYL UK Corazon 1993 3 Track B/W If Not Now When And Expose USD $4.04 Buy It Now
Guy Lombardo 10" LP Vinyl Lot If 3 Broadway Everybody Dance Twin Pianos USD $8.88 Buy It Now
TRANSVISION VAMP If Looks Could Kill 7" VINYL UK Mca 1991 3 Track Featuring My USD $6.41 Buy It Now
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track (Jive109) USD $2.69 Buy It Now
FAIRPORT CONVENTION If I Had A Ribbon Bow 7" VINYL UK Track 1968 3 Prong Label USD $76.22 Buy It Now
WILDER Star 7" VINYL UK Corazon 1993 3 Track B/W If Not Now When USD $6.41 Buy It Now
PHOEBE ONE Ladies If Your With Me CD UK Mecca 3 Track Dance Hall Stinger USD $6.41 Buy It Now
SHAYNE WARD That's My Goal CD European Syco 2005 3 Track B/w If You're Not T USD $5.39 Buy It Now
U2 Mofo CD UK Island 1997 3 Track Remixes B/W Mothers Mix And If God Will Send USD $6.41 Buy It Now
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" VINYL UK Old Gold 1979 3 Track B/W La Bamba USD $4.04 Buy It Now
TRINI LOPEZ At Pj's 7" VINYL UK Reprise 1963 3 Track EP Featuring If I Had A USD $6.41 Buy It Now
IF (PROG/ROCK GROUP) If 3 CD European Sunrise 2004 8 Track (Hf9532) USD $15.48 Buy It Now
U2 Beautiful Day CD UK Island 2000 3 Track Part 2 B/W Discotheque And If You USD $6.41 Buy It Now
CAMERA OBSCURA (INDIE GROUP) If Looks Could Kill CD European Elefant 2007 3 USD $6.41 Buy It Now
CLEO LAINE If We Live On The Top Of A Mountain 7" VINYL UK Fontana 1965 3 Prong USD $6.41 Buy It Now
DAVID HASSELHOFF If I Could Only Say Goodbye CD UK Arista 1993 3 Track USD $6.41 Buy It Now
TOM VEK If You Want CD UK Tummy Touch 2004 3 Track Promo In Special Sleeve USD $6.41 Buy It Now
R KELLY If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time CD European Jive 1999 3 Track USD $5.39 Buy It Now
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" VINYL UK Old Gold 1979 3 Track B USD $2.70 Buy It Now
DANDY WARHOLS Get Off CD UK Capitol 2000 3 Track B/W Not If You Were The Last USD $6.41 Buy It Now
SHAYNE WARD That's My Goal CD European Syco 2005 3 Track B/w If You're Not The USD $6.41 Buy It Now
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track Gatefold EP USD $4.04 Buy It Now
FIVE (POP) If Ya Gettin' Down CD European Rca 1999 3 Track With Poster USD $4.04 Buy It Now
RONAN KEATING If Tomorrow Never Comes CD UK Polydor 2002 3 Track Featuring USD $6.41 Buy It Now
21ST CENTURY GIRLS 21St Century Girls CD UK 19 1999 3 Track Part 1 B/w If USD $6.41 Buy It Now
DES LYNAM If CD UK Bbc 1998 3 Track B/W Leisure And Pavane Football Remix USD $6.41 Buy It Now
BLUETONES If CD German A&M 1998 3 Track Thick Case Issue (Blued009) B/W Blue USD $4.04 Buy It Now
EARTHA KITT If I Love Ya CD UK Rca 1994 3 Track B/w Just An Old Fashioned Girl USD $4.04 Buy It Now
MCALMONT Honey CD UK Hut 1998 3 Track B/w I Don't Even Know If I Should Call USD $4.04 Buy It Now
GENEVA (INDIE GROUP) If You Have To Go CD European Nude 2000 3 Track With Info USD $6.41 Buy It Now
BARBARA MANDRELL If Loving You Is Wrong 7" VINYL UK Mca 1978 3 Track USD $5.39 Buy It Now
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL UK Jive 1985 3 Track (Jive109) Pic Sleeve USD $4.04 Buy It Now
EARTHA KITT If I Can't Take It With Me 7" VINYL UK Rca 1958 3 Pronged Centre USD $6.41 Buy It Now
KORGIS If I Had You 7" VINYL UK Rialto 1979 3 Track B/W Chinese Girl And Art USD $4.04 Buy It Now
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD UK Capitol 1998 3 USD $6.41 Buy It Now
WET WET WET If I Never See You Again CD UK Precious 1997 3 Track Part 1 USD $4.04 Buy It Now
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD UK Echo 1998 3 Track Part 1 B/W Poolside And Worn USD $2.69 Buy It Now
GROOVE ARMADA If Everybody Looked The Same CD European Jive 1999 3 Track Radio USD $4.04 Buy It Now
50 CENT If I Can't CD UK Shady 2004 3 Track Clean Version Promo USD $5.39 Buy It Now
BLUETONES If CD German A&M 1998 3 Track Thin Case Issue (Blued009) USD $4.04 Buy It Now
ASWAD If I Was CD UK Bubblin 1995 3 Track B/W Fever And Day By Day (Cdbubb6) USD $4.04 Buy It Now
SO! Baby Blue CD UK Edel 1998 3 Track B/W Full On Mix And If You Were To Leave USD $4.04 Buy It Now
MARC DORSEY If You Really Wanna Know CD European Jive 1999 3 Track LP Version USD $4.04 Buy It Now
DRIVEN Jesus Loves You More If You Can Drive CD UK Polydor 1996 3 Track USD $2.70 Buy It Now
SUPER FURRY ANIMALS If You Don't Want Me To Destroy You CD UK Creation 1996 3 USD $5.39 Buy It Now
HIGH FIDELITY Scream If You Want To Go Faster CD UK Plastique 2001 3 Track P USD $5.39 Buy It Now
MATCHBOX 20 If You're Gone CD German Atlantic 2000 3 Track Edit B/W Album USD $6.41 Buy It Now
MODIRI'S FUNKY EXPERIENCE If It Ain't Funky CD UK Jamalot 1999 3 Track Full USD $6.41 Buy It Now
IAN MCNABB If Love Was Like Guitars CD UK Quicksilver 1993 3 Track In Promo USD $4.04 Buy It Now
TAMPERER FEATURING MAYA If You Buy This Record CD European Jive 1998 3 Track USD $4.04 Buy It Now
3RD STOREE If Ever CD European Elektra 4 Track So So Def Remix Without Rap With USD $6.41 Buy It Now
ETHER (INDIE) If You Really Want To Know CD UK Parlophone 1997 3 Track Digi USD $4.04 Buy It Now
PARKA If You Wanna CD European Jeepster 2007 3 Track B/W Hoxton Hair USD $4.04 Buy It Now
K.D. LANG If I Were You CD German Warner Bros 1994 3 Track B/w Get Some USD $4.04 Buy It Now
GROOVE ARMADA If Everybody Looked The Same CD European Jive 1999 3 Track Rad USD $4.04 Buy It Now
LIGHTNING SEEDS What If CD UK Issue Pressed In Austria Epic 1996 3 Track USD $4.04 Buy It Now
ALL SAINTS Pure Shores CD UK London 2000 3 Track B/w Beach Life Mix And If You USD $5.39 Buy It Now
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD UK Tim Kerr 1998 3 USD $6.41 Buy It Now
GLORIA ESTEFAN If We Were Lovers CD UK Issue Pressed In Austria Epic 1993 3 USD $4.04 Buy It Now
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD UK Echo 1998 3 Track Part 2 B/W Memorise And I USD $5.39 Buy It Now
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD UK Jive 2003 3 Track B/W If I Fall Ac USD $5.39 Buy It Now
OCEAN COLOUR SCENE Profit In Peace CD UK Island 1999 3 Track B/W If You Get USD $4.04 Buy It Now
SQUEEZE - IF I DIDN'T LOVE YOU - U.S. 5" 33 1/3 RECORD - 1980 ---- K @@ L USD $13.99 Buy It Now
If3 - If (2007, CD New) USD $13.75 Buy It Now
AKBAR TOO DIVINE b/w WHAT IF 12" OG 2004 NM JAZZ CHILD RECORDS DJ 3RD RAIL USD $7.99 [0 bids]
45m 14s
Ether If you really want to know 3 track CD single USD $1.27 [0 bids]
Scripto Presents Bobby Darin If A Man Answers 3 more EP45 Capitol 45RPM-EP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Sealed Promo Paulo Mendonça ?If You Come To Party JAPAN 3" CD PODP-1123 w/OBI USD $29.99 Buy It Now 9h 43m
FIVE IF YA GETTIN' DOWN 3 TRACK LIMITED EDITION INCLUDES BONUS TRACK CD - VGC USD $3.70 Buy It Now 9h 55m
SMOKIE - IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME 3 CD DEUTSCH POP NEW+ USD $21.86 Buy It Now 11h 26m
MN8 IF YOU ONLY LET ME IN CD SINGLE 3F USD $1.92 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Various ?- I Wouldn't Piss On It If It Was On Fire (2CD) Spacemen 3 Pastels Pulp USD $8.36 Buy It Now 15h 54m
bobby darin atcomono 8136 if i were a carpenter in shrink,NM 3-color lbl. USD $30.40 Buy It Now 16h 6m
Janet Jackson 2x 12" UK Vinyl Records Rhythm Nation 3 Track & If 6 Track UK 12" USD $6.41 [0 bids]
1/3/86pg13 Single Advert 15x5" Husker Du, Don't You Want To Know If You Are Lone USD $9.64 Buy It Now 17h 55m
KITTY KALLEN: If I Give My Heart To You LP (3" bottom seam split, demo rubber s USD $15.00 Buy It Now 18h 49m
Atomic kitten If you come to me Feels so good 3 track + video 2003 CD single USD $0.63 [0 bids]

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"