IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

Not Just Another Bunch Of Pretty Faces/Tea Break Is Over-Back On Your 'EadsNot Just Another Bunch Of Pretty Faces/Tea Break Is Over-Back On Your 'Eads
Sunrise Records
Repertoire 2003
If 2If 2
Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
22-20S-GOT IT IF YOU WANT IT-JAPAN CD PAPER SLEEVE BONUS TRACK E75 US $24.50 Buy It Now 32m 32s
northern soul BETTY DAVIS If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up JUST SUNSHIN M- US $15.00 Buy It Now 34m 57s
HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS IF ONLY YOU WERE LONELY 2CD Cd US $14.27 Buy It Now 41m 15s
U2 "Mofo Remixes" (U.K. CD-Single 1997) 3-Tracks If God Will Send **EXCELLENT** US $7.88 Buy It Now 46m 14s
AC/DC, If you want blood, LP (you've got it) K50532 by Atlantic records 1978. US $22.68 Buy It Now 48m 17s
RUBY TURNER 'If You're Ready' 1985 UK 7" EP - Jonathan Butler - 3 Tracks US $4.34 [0 bids]
49m 48s
Junior Parker 45 RPM If You Don't Love Me US $1.99 [0 bids]
55m 33s
Pure Prairie League - If The Shoe Fits LP US $8.75 Buy It Now 57m
PHOEBE ONE ~ Ladies If Youre With Me ~ 12" Single PS US $6.46 Buy It Now 57m 4s
Agnetha Faltskog (Abba) - If I Thought You'd Ever Change Your Mind [CD Single] US $2.84 [0 bids]
1h
Tom Vek If you want / A little word in your ear 7" vinyl single US $8.08 Buy It Now 1h 4m
The AMES BROTHERS - If You Want My Heart / My Love, My Life RCA 78rpm US $8.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
DAVID CASSIDY IF I DIDN'T CARE 7 Inch Record US $9.39 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Train If It's Love Rare Australian 2 Track CD Single - NEW US $11.75 Buy It Now 1h 8m
ANITA WARD RING MY BELL / IF I COULD FEEL THAT OLD FEELING AGAIN 7 Inch Record US $5.41 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Dick Emery - If You Love Her 1969 7" Pye 7N 17644 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 12m
COWARD, Joseph - If You Want To Get Going Get Talking (To Me) - 7" US $10.76 Buy It Now 1h 14m
SUZI QUATRO-IF YOU CAN'T GIVE ME LOVE/CREAM DREAM (BELGIUM PRESS) US $7.78 [3 bids]
Joan Osborne,CD,Relish,What If God Was One of Us,Relish US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Gary Miller - If I Had My Way 1962 7" Pye 7N 15452 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 21m
RED FLAG IF I EVER RARE OOP 12" SINGLE LP VG COVER/VG- VINYL! ENIGMA RECORDS! US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 26m
THE BEATLES "AND I LOVE HER" b/w IF I FELL RARE 7" SINGLE VG++ VINYL 45 STARLINE US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
FRANK SINATRA "IF YOU GO AWAY" FRENCH 60'S 7' US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
John Walker - If I Promise 1967 7" Philips BF 1612 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Julie Felix - El Condor Pasa If I Could 1970 7" RAK 101 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Barry Manilow : If I Should Love Again : Vinyl Album : Arista : BMAN 1 US $9.38 Buy It Now 1h 39m
Roy Orbison - So young / If I had a woman like you 7" vinyl US $1.60 [0 bids]
Stevie Nicks If You Ever Did Believe OST Taiwan only Promo CD US $39.99 Buy It Now 1h 46m
PUSSYCAT "IF YOU EVER COME TO AMSTERDAM" 7in RECORD US $6.97 Buy It Now 1h 48m
BARRY MANILOW "IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN" LP RECORD US $10.45 Buy It Now 1h 48m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD "IF ONLY I COULD" 7" 45 RECORD P/S US $4.35 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Ray Barrett - If You Go Away 1969 7" Fontana TF 997 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 51m
POGUES "IF I SHOULD FALL FROM GRACE WITH GOD" RARE AUSS US $19.15 Buy It Now 1h 51m
new cd:Jon Secada-Heart,Soul & A Voice-If you Go, Mental Picture,Eyes of a Fool, US $2.99 [0 bids]
Ronnie Carroll - If Only Tomorrow Could Be Like Today 1963 7" Philips 326574 PS US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Stevie Marsh - If You Were The Only Boy In The World 1959 7" Decca F 11181 US $5.67 Buy It Now 1h 59m
STING-IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $26.50 Buy It Now 2h
SWEET SENSATION "IF WISHES CAME TRUE" 7" 45 RECORD US $8.71 Buy It Now 2h 3m
PANIC AT THE DISCO - BUT IT'S BETTER IF YOU DO - RARE OZ CD SINGLE NM US $10.88 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Columbia - Frank Sinatra - Sunday, Monday Or Always & If You Please - US $0.99 [0 bids]
SHAI "IF I EVER FALL IN LOVE" CASSINGLE US $6.09 Buy It Now 2h 6m
TOM JONES "IF I ONLY KNEW" CD SINGLE US $4.35 Buy It Now 2h 6m
MERLE HAGGARD "IF WE MAKE IT THROUGH DECEMBER" 7in RECO US $6.09 Buy It Now 2h 6m
JEAN SHEPARD - Tomorrow I'll Be Gone / If You Can Walk CAPITOL 3618 - 78rpm US $13.95 Buy It Now 2h 8m
12" 45 Ure, Midge "If I Was" "Piano" "Man Who Sold The World" CHRYSALIS UREX 1 US $9.70 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Herb Albert's Tijuana Brass - The Lonely Bull - Struttin With Maria,Let If Be Me US $1.00 [0 bids]
Columbia - Frankie Carle - If You Were The Only Girl & Chopin's Polonaise In US $0.99 [0 bids]
7" 45 Amant "If There's Love" "If You Just Knew (How Much I Cared)" MARLIN 3332 US $11.33 Buy It Now 2h 10m
KIM APPLEBY if you cared 12" 3 track 12" remix b/w 12" ben chapman mix and 12" s US $8.08 Buy It Now 2h 11m
If U Gon Roll Blunts Lla LP EAS59810 VG+ PROMO US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 11m
CD TERRY O'CONNEL "IF YOU GIVE ME ONE MORE TRY" ROCK N ROLL ROCKABILLY US $20.50 Buy It Now 2h 11m
BIG BAM BOO "IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW" AUSSIE 7in RECORD US $7.84 Buy It Now 2h 12m
7" 45 EP Secombe, Harry "Songs To Remember - If I Ruled The.." WOMAN'S OWN P.156 US $9.70 Buy It Now 2h 13m
Sting 'If You Love Somebody' RARE DJ 12" SOULPOWER RMXS US $3.22 Buy It Now 2h 15m
ROCK 45 THE BEATLES And I Love Her / If I Fell Starline Records US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 17m
SIMPLY RED - IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW - 7" 45 AUSTRALIAN RECORD US $6.53 Buy It Now 2h 19m
The Dave Clark five - Catch us if you can / Move on 7" vinyl US $1.60 [0 bids]
STING 7" Single-If You Love Somebody Set Them Free/Another Day, EX+ US $8.08 Buy It Now 2h 27m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - IF I RULED THE WORLD - KURTIS BLOW - JAB26 US $11.33 Buy It Now 2h 27m
Lightning Seeds - What If - CD Single 1996 - Ex US $0.79 [0 bids]
Two 10" Records-Harry James-Do You Love Me,As If I Didn't Have Enough On My Mind US $1.00 [0 bids]
FREDDIE & THE DREAMERS-If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody UK 7" VG+ Cond US $9.70 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Kreg Viesselman - If You Lose Your Light LP (NEW Vinyl 2012) Norway 886979367616 US $14.57 Buy It Now 2h 35m
Nas - If I Ruled The World (Imagine That) - CD Single 1996 - Ex US $1.12 [0 bids]
Mama's And The Papa's: "If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears" Lp ST-90797 US $2.99 [1 bids]
BUCKS FIZZ : IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT 7" Vinyl 45 PICTURE DISC 1982 Ex. US $5.67 Buy It Now 2h 40m
black heart procession days of live oop if you like nick cave drake low codeine US $11.49 [0 bids]
Patti La Belle p/s single (from James Bond soundtrack) - If You Asked Me To US $17.40 Buy It Now 2h 46m
Shirley Bassey - "If You Go Away (Ne Me Quitte Pas)" 7" (1967) UP 1176 US $6.46 Buy It Now 2h 47m
LP Simply Red "A New Flame" WEA WX 242 244689-1 If You Don't Know Me By Now etc US $11.33 Buy It Now 2h 47m
PRINCE IF I WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND UK 7" P/S W8334 1987 PAISLEY PARK US $6.46 Buy It Now 2h 48m
ELECTROTUNES - IF THIS AIN'T LOVE 7" 1980 EX/NM EMI US $22.50 Buy It Now 2h 48m
LP Ure, Midge "The Gift" CHRYSALIS 207 088 Made in Germany If I Was, Wastelands US $9.70 Buy It Now 2h 51m
LP Welsh, Alex "If I Had A Talking Picture Of You" BLACK LION RECORDS BLP 12109 US $19.43 Buy It Now 2h 55m
the walkabouts live @ emona oop if u like screaming trees mark lanegan john cale US $17.49 [0 bids]
THE LOVELY EGGS - IF YOU WERE FRUIT [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD US $11.76 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Simply Red If you don't know me by now Spain Promo US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 58m
Whitney Houston & George Michael - If I Told You That - Cassette Single 2000 US $1.60 [0 bids]
THE WATERHOUSE GIRLS - ONLY IF IF YOU KNEW (2004) * CD US $3.92 [0 bids]
THE IGUANAS - IF YOU SHOULD EVER FALL ON HARD TIMES [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $12.47 Buy It Now 2h 59m
Bt - If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You & [CD New] US $12.91 Buy It Now 3h
Status Quo If You Can't Stand The Heat Music Cassette Vertigo Label US $6.46 Buy It Now 3h
WHAM! THE BEST OF - IF YOU WERE THERE - RARE 4 TRACK CD US $6.92 [1 bids]
3h
Cleo Laine - If We Lived On The Top Of A Mountain 1968 LP Fontana STL 5464 US $8.08 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Val Doonican(7" Vinyl)If The Whole World Stopped Lovin&'-Pye-7N 17396-UK-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
The Korgis(7" Vinyl)If I Had You-Rialto-TREB 103-UK-Ex/Ex US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
MANFRED MANN*IF YOU GOTTA GO, GO NOW*STAY AROUND*1965*HMV*BEAT*EX US $9.70 Buy It Now 3h 6m
HANSON - If Only - CD Single - 2000 - 3 Tracks - Poster Insert US $6.40 Buy It Now 3h 8m
PETE WYLIE ~ If I Love You ~ 12" Single US $6.46 Buy It Now 3h 10m
David Cassidy - If I Didn't Care - 7" 1974 - Ex - Juke Box US $1.60 [0 bids]
Odyssey - If You're Lookin' For A Way Out - 7" 1980 - Ex US $1.60 [0 bids]
The Gibson Brothers(7" Vinyl)Que Sera Mi Vida (If You Should Go)-Island-WIP 6525 US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Midge Ure(7" Vinyl)If I Was-Chrysalis-URE 1-UK-Ex/NM US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 13m
Huey Lewis & The News(2 x 7" Vinyl Gatefold)If This Is It-Chrysalis-CHS 2803-UK- US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Phil Collins(7" Vinyl)If Leaving Me Is Easy-Virgin-VS423-UK-VG/VG US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Paul Nicholas(7" Vinyl)If You Were The Only Girl In The World-RSO-2090 232-UK-VG US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Bucks Fizz(7" Vinyl)If You Can't Stand The Heat-RCA-RCA 300-UK-VG/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Terence Trent D'Arby(7" Vinyl)If You Let Me Stay-CBS-Trent 1-UK-VG+/VG+ US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Lady Soul(7" Vinyl)If My Sister's In Trouble-Hollywood Records/Touchstone-HWD125 US $11.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
Sydney Youngblood(7" Vinyl)If Only I Could-CIRCA-YR 34-Ex/VG US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Send comments to mystic fred (BETA) | Report this review (#132958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#169644) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"