IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
Repertoire
Three by IF (2007-10-02)Three by IF (2007-10-02)
Body Heat

Blue if you come back Guilty Fly Bi x 3 CD Single USD $1.31 Buy It Now
Lot of 3 Ian Matthews LPs: Hit & Run, Later That Same Year, & If You Saw Thro'.. USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Lenny Kravitz LOT 3 CDs Import Mega Promos Circus 5 If You Cant Say No ROCK USD $6.99 Buy It Now
Ether If you really want to know 3 track CD single USD $0.65 [0 bids]
Various ?- I Wouldn't Piss On It If It Was On Fire (2CD) Spacemen 3 Pastels Pulp USD $9.23 Buy It Now
CIMONE If You Want Me Sunburst, Dub and Radio mixes 3-trk 12" Groove Move GMT127 USD $9.89 Buy It Now
33RPM 3 Lang-Worth by Lenny Herman, In the Valley, If I Could Steal U, Mambo E- USD $13.49 Buy It Now
TOM: If I only knew 12" vinyl record 3Q USD $5.00 Buy It Now
NINA SHAW Stop If You Love Me 7" VINYL B/W Instrumental (Xtc3) UK Ecstasy USD $4.15 Buy It Now 46m 56s
KORGIS If I Had You 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W Chinese Girl And Art School Annexe USD $4.15 Buy It Now 56m 43s
ROSCO GORDON Just A Little Bit 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W You Can Make It If You USD $10.35 Buy It Now 56m 56s
JAY HENRY If You Love Me 7" VINYL Master Mix B/W Brown Eyes Remix (Tmrc3) Pic USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 18m
FARINA Two People 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W If She Should Blame Him And Displace USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 18m
KIDS INTERNATIONAL Reggae Round The World 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W If I Had A USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...Forget It 7" VINYL 3 Track USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 19m
LOUISE MORRISSEY He Thinks I Still Care 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W If You Were Gone USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 19m
RAH BAND Sam The Samba Man 7" VINYL B/W Scratch Me If You Can Version (Tmt3) USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Sugar If I Can't Change Your Mind CD Promo EX+ Husker Du VRCD0239/3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 23m
HIGH FIDELITY Scream If You Want To Go Faster CD 3 Track Part 1 (Fake106Cd1) UK USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1h 28m
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD 3 Track B/W If I Fall Acoustic And Home My House USD $6.32 Buy It Now 1h 28m
WALNUT SOUND Colours CD 3 Track Still Sealed B/w Fine If You're Fine And Still USD $8.57 Buy It Now 1h 28m
LADY SOUL If My Sister's Introuble CD 3 Track B/W Shout And Lounge Medley USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
TELEVISE Outside Out CD 3 Track B/W Let Me Go And If I Told You (Ac302045) UK USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
MARCOS HERNANDEZ If You Were Mine CD 3 Track Radio Edit Promo In Card Sleeve USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 28m
DR HOOK A Little Bit More CD 3 Track B/w Sylvia's Mother And If Not You USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
RHYTHM METHOD Inbounds CD 3 Track EP Featuring Just For You, Sympathy And If I USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
MANCHILD If You Could See Me Right Now CD 3 Track B/W Paradise And Feelings USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
RAHZEL All I Know CD 3 Track Radio Edit B/W If Your Mother Only Knew Live USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 28m
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/W Fever And Day By Day USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 28m
RUBY CRUISER Everybody Wants To Be Cool CD 3 Track B/W Do You Mind If I Share USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 28m
GLORIA ESTEFAN Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me CD 3 Track B/W If We Were Lovers USD $2.77 Buy It Now 1h 28m
78RPM 3 Decca by Guy Lombardo, Bell Bottom Trousers, If Had My Way, Blue Ski VV- USD $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 30m
RAHZEL All I Know CD 3 Track Radio Edit In Promo Stickered Case B/W If Your USD $2.77 Buy It Now 1h 31m
PETE WYLIE If I Love You CASSETTE 3 Track Still Sealed In Die Cut Case B/W If I USD $8.57 Buy It Now 1h 41m
LIVING IN A BOX If It's Love You Want CASSETTE 3 Track Club Mix With Photos USD $2.77 Buy It Now 1h 41m
GROOVE ARMADA If Everybody Looked The Same CD 3 Track Radio Edit B/w Rap USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 55m
MCALMONT Honey CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/w I Don't Even Know If I USD $5.55 Buy It Now 1h 55m
JOY ZIPPER Out Of The Sun CD 3 Track Short Edit B/w CD Rom Video And If I'm USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 55m
50 CENT If I Can't CD 3 Track Clean Version Promo B/W Instrumental And Explicit USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 55m
LOWGOLD Mercury CD 3 Track In Card Sleeve B/W Eddie Lejuene And If People Were USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 56m
WIRELESS In Love With The Familiar CD 3 Track B/W Coming On Home And Lie If You USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 56m
GROOVE ARMADA If Everybody Looked The Same CD 3 Track Radio Edit USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 56m
SASCHA If You Believe CD 3 Track Groove Brothers Remix Promo B/W Mokran Mix USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 56m
MARC DORSEY If You Really Wanna Know CD 3 Track LP Version B.W Rocks Radio USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 56m
A1 Like A Rose CD 3 Track Valentine Mix B/W If Only Almighty Club Mix USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 56m
KT TUNSTALL If Only CD 3 Track Radio Edit Promo With Info Stickered Card Sleeve USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 56m
PARKA If You Wanna CD 3 Track B/W Hoxton Hair And Closing Time (Jprcds026) USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 56m
HIGH FIDELITY Scream If You Want To Go Faster CD 3 Track Part 1 With Info USD $5.53 Buy It Now 1h 56m
IAN MCNABB If Love Was Like Guitars CD 3 Track In Promo Stickered Case USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 56m
SO! Baby Blue CD 3 Track B/W Full On Mix And If You Were To Leave Me Can I Come USD $4.15 Buy It Now 1h 56m
MATCHBOX 20 If You're Gone CD 3 Track Edit B/W Album Version And Bent Live USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 56m
KELE LE ROC Little Bit Of Lovin' CD 3 Track B/W Let Me Know And If You Want Me USD $2.77 Buy It Now 1h 56m
GENEVA (INDIE GROUP) If You Have To Go CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Card USD $6.59 Buy It Now 1h 57m
STEVE FORBERT Thinkin' 7" VINYL 3 Track Gatefold B/W You Cannot Win If You Do USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 9m
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...Forget It 7" VINYL 3 Track Demo USD $1.39 Buy It Now 2h 9m
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL 3 Track Gatefold EP B/w Still On My Mind USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Hinda Hicks If you want me 3 track CD single USD $0.65 [0 bids]
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W La Bamba And Lemon Tree USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 12m
TONY MOORE If This Is Called Love 7" VINYL B/W Bedlam (Cvll3) Pic Sleeve UK USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 12m
WILDER Star 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W If Not Now When And Expose (Heart1) Pic Sleeve USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 12m
EARTHA KITT If I Can't Take It With Me 7" VINYL 3 Pronged Centre Label Design USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 12m
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" VINYL 3 Track (Jive109) UK Jive USD $2.76 Buy It Now 2h 12m
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" VINYL 3 Track B/W La Bamba And L USD $2.77 Buy It Now 2h 12m
BARBARA MANDRELL If Loving You Is Wrong 7" VINYL 3 Track B/w Sleeping Single In USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 13m
TRANSVISION VAMP If Looks Could Kill 7" VINYL 3 Track Featuring My Friend The USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 14m
TRINI LOPEZ At Pj's 7" VINYL 3 Track EP Featuring If I Had A Hammer, What'd I USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 14m
RUBY BRAFF Lazy 7" VINYL B/W If Dreams Come Rue (Ascap5812) Plays At 33 1/3 Rpm USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 15m
ALL SAINTS Pure Shores CD 3 Track B/w Beach Life Mix And If You Don't Know What USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 49m
OCEAN COLOUR SCENE Profit In Peace CD 3 Track B/W If You Get Your Way And Flood USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 49m
BLUE (70'S POP/ROCK GROUP) Blue Eyed Girl CD 3 Track B/w I Wonder If I'm Making USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 50m
WET WET WET If I Never See You Again CD 3 Track Part 1 B/W Acoustic USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 50m
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD 3 Track B/W If I Fall Acoustic And Ho USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 50m
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD 3 Track Part 1 B/W Poolside And Worn (Ecscd65) UK USD $2.76 Buy It Now 2h 50m
LIGHTNING SEEDS What If CD 3 Track (6638635) Lightning Seeds Mix N Match USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 50m
SUPER FURRY ANIMALS If You Don't Want Me To Destroy You CD 3 Track Pic Disc USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 50m
BLUETONES If CD 3 Track Thin Case Issue (Blued009) German A&M USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 50m
GIRLS AGAINST BOYS Super Fire CD 3 Track Numbered Sleeve B/W If Glamour Is Dead USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 51m
DRIVEN Jesus Loves You More If You Can Drive CD 3 Track (5752252) UK Polydor USD $2.77 Buy It Now 2h 51m
GLORIA ESTEFAN If We Were Lovers CD 3 Track B/W Con Los Anos Que Me Quedan USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 51m
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD 3 Track Part 2 B/W Memorise And I Want Nothing USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 51m
MODIRI'S FUNKY EXPERIENCE If It Ain't Funky CD 3 Track Full Length Version USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 51m
ETHER (INDIE) If You Really Want To Know CD 3 Track Digi Pack B/W Julie USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 51m
3RD STOREE If Ever CD 4 Track So So Def Remix Without Rap With Info Stickered USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 51m
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD 3 Track Pic Disc Part USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 51m
TAMPERER FEATURING MAYA If You Buy This Record CD 3 Track Radio Edit USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 51m
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track B/W Fever And Day By Day (Cdbubb6) UK Bubblin USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 51m
CAMERA OBSCURA (INDIE GROUP) If Looks Could Kill CD 3 Track With Info Stickered USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 54m
PETER BRUNTNELL Camelot In Smithereens CD 3 Track B/W Black Eyed Dog And If USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 54m
KENT (SCANDANAVIAN GROUP) If You Were Here CD 3 Track Original With Plane/Ca USD $8.97 Buy It Now 2h 54m
DANDY WARHOLS Get Off CD 3 Track B/W Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 54m
COUNTING CROWS If I Could Give All My Love CD 3 Track Part 2 Featuring Album USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 54m
IF (PROG/ROCK GROUP) If 3 CD 8 Track (Hf9532) European Sunrise USD $15.90 Buy It Now 2h 55m
CHER One By One CD 3 Track B/w If I Could Turn Back Time And It's A Man's Man's USD $5.53 Buy It Now 2h 55m
HALO JAMES Wanted CD 3 Track In Gatefold Card Sleeve B/W Worlds Apart And If USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 55m
JIMMY SOUL If You Wanna Be Happy CD 3 Track B/W Sleepwalk And Just One Look USD $10.35 Buy It Now 2h 55m
EARTHA KITT If I Love Ya CD 3 Track B/w Just An Old Fashioned Girl And Let's Do USD $4.15 Buy It Now 2h 56m
PHOEBE ONE Ladies If Your With Me CD 3 Track Dance Hall Stinger B/W Change USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 56m
DAVID HASSELHOFF If I Could Only Say Goodbye CD 3 Track B/W Instrumental USD $6.59 Buy It Now 2h 56m
018 Bedingfield - If You're Not The One - Song Lyric Poster Print - Sizes A4 A3 USD $9.18 Buy It Now 3h

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"