IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
What Did I Say About TWhat Did I Say About T
Repertoire 2008
George Beverly Shea Billy Graham If That Isn't Love US $11.95 Buy It Now 33m 43s
Saw Doctors 'If This Is Rock And Roll...' 1991 UK 15-Track CD Solid # rocd 7 OOP US $9.49 [0 bids]
33m 58s
Harry Shearer '(If U Want Free Speech) Go To Russia' RARE SEALED 1990 Cassette US $9.99 [0 bids]
33m 58s
Sugar (Bob Mould) 'If I Can't Change Your Mind" Limited Edition 1993 US CD US $9.99 [0 bids]
33m 59s
(AO945) Sandi Thom, What If I'm Right - DJ CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 34m 14s
Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash; If I had a Hammer on 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 39m 37s
John Rowles - M'Lady/If I Only Had Time 7" USA Promo DJ RARE Kapp Records US $9.99 [0 bids]
41m 21s
Roger Glover-(Deep Purple)-If Life Was Easy CD-Brand New-Still Sealed US $12.04 Buy It Now 41m 22s
Cab Calloway - If It Isn't Love/The Honeydripper on Columbia Records 36894 78RPM US $24.99 Buy It Now 44m 17s
What If It All Means Something [ECD] by Chantal Kreviaz US $1.99 Buy It Now 44m 19s
You Might Be a Redneck If... by Jeff Foxworthy (CD, Jun-1993, Warner Bros.) US $0.99 [0 bids]
44m 39s
MICHAEL BOLTON Ain't Got Nothing If You Ain't Got Love 1994 PROMO CD #6135 Vers US $4.99 [0 bids]
45m 54s
If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears [Remaster] by The Mamas & the Papas CD US $5.98 [0 bids]
46m 37s
Skaggs, Ricky - I Wouldn't Change You If I Could/One Way Rider (45,1982) US $2.00 Buy It Now 47m 52s
Future Is Ours If You Can Count The Mag Seven, Black Flag, Desce MUSIC CD US $5.98 Buy It Now 49m 29s
DION MORE IF DION'S GREATEST HITS SLP-2022 LP US $7.99 [0 bids]
50m 28s
Izzy Chait : If I Can Dream CD (2008) US $5.48 Buy It Now 50m 42s
78 rpm record - It's Raining Here This Morning & I'll Be Around If you Need Me US $3.00 [0 bids]
50m 48s
NIKKI If You Wanna 1989 PROMO CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
51m 14s
LISA DRAKE (W/PIC SLEEVE) ~ IF HE WALKED INTO MY LIFE ~ **AUTOGRAPHED US $6.99 Buy It Now 52m 9s
Bob McGrath If You're Happy and You Know It Sing Along Vol 2 Preschool LP 1984 US $9.99 Buy It Now 53m 36s
Kool & The Gang Ladies Night If You Feel Like Dancin DE801 VG (45-10257) US $3.57 Buy It Now 55m 22s
Rare JIMMY SOUL Don't Release Me/If You Wanna Be Happy 45 S.P.Q.R. !!!!!!!!!!!!! US $0.99 [1 bids]
56m 17s
Rare BEATLES 45 If I Fell/And I Love Her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! US $20.50 [7 bids]
56m 17s
12"~POSTABOY~NELLY~MURPHY LEE~If I Want To~[Clean~Dirty~Instrumental]~[2002]~ US $5.00 Buy It Now 57m 19s
78 rpm record - I Wasn't Born to be Happy & If you Care for Me - Sunshine Boys US $3.00 [1 bids]
57m 44s
If My Heart Had Wings by Melissa Manchester (CD, Jan-1995, Atlantic (Label)) US $16.49 Buy It Now 58m 35s
OG In Shrink Country LP : George Jones ~ If My Heart Had Windows ~ Musicor 3158 US $25.00 [0 bids]
59m 22s
STRONG VG+ JEANNINE "I WONDER IF YOU LOVE ME" & "MY MAMA SAYS NO" 78 RPM LUCKY US $15.99 Buy It Now 59m 23s
JUDY GARLAND if you feel like singing U.S.MGM LP E3149_orig 1955 laminated cover US $18.58 Buy It Now 1h
Cher; If I Could Turn Back Time on 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h
Patty Loveless - If My Heart Had Windows - New Promo LP in Original Shrinkwrap US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Pure Prairie League If Shoe Fits RCA 1976 12" LP Folk/Country Rock Very Good US $2.99 [0 bids]
Buck Owens & His Buckaroos If You Ain't Lovin" You're For Me 12" 2LP VG+/VG++ US $5.99 [0 bids]
Patty Loveless - If My Heart Had Windows - New Promo LP in Original Shrinkwrap US $17.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now/Together Again 7" UK RARE S CBS 4603 US $9.99 [0 bids]
TIM GILBERT: Early October / If We Stick Together 45 (dj, RAINY DAZE member, fe US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
KENNY ROGERS & GLADYS KNIGHT If I Knew Then What I Know Now 1989 PROMO CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
KENNY LOGGINS If You Believe 1992 PROMO CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
If I Don't Stay the Night by Mindy McCready (CD, Aug-2000, BMG Special Products) US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Biggest IF In The Bible Dr. J. Vernon McGee~SEALED~RARE Xian Sermon US $39.95 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Laura Lee If You Can Beat Me Rockin 45 Rpm Hot Wax Label 1972 US $49.99 [0 bids]
If I Were a Carpenter [A&M] by Various Artists (CD, Sep-1994, A&M (USA)) US $17.99 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Mike Randle : My Music Loves You (Even If I Dont) CD (2000) US $3.94 Buy It Now 1h 8m
THE VAN McCoy STRINGS IF I COULD MAKE YOU MINE/ SWEET AND EASY 45 VINYL SHARE US $7.00 [0 bids]
Trulio Disgracias Nuttins Gonna GitChoo If U Dont Look Out CD US $7.28 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RYPDAL,TERJE-IF MOUNTAINS COULD SING CD NEW US $19.73 Buy It Now 1h 10m
RINGLEADER If Licks Could Kill CD AOR MHR 1989 RARE OOP INDIE US $9.99 [0 bids]
Dan Wilensky-If You Only Knew CD NEW US $15.76 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Earlyrise-What If CD NEW US $16.94 Buy It Now 1h 11m
BENNETT,TONY-IF I RULED THE WORLD: SONGS FOR THE J... CD NEW US $26.33 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Reba McEntire CD Lot - 3 CDs- What if it's You, Read My Mind,For My Broken Heart US $9.99 [0 bids]
ISAAC HAYES,ONLY IF YOU WERE HERE/IDEAL,OH COME ALL YE US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
If on a Winter's Night... [Digipak] by Sting (CD, Oct-2009, Decca (USA)) US $9.80 Buy It Now 1h 16m
The Rolling Stones, Got Live If You Want It! Original collectible 1966 LP US $3.29 Buy It Now 1h 16m
MELISSA MANCHESTER - IF MY HEART HAD WINGS -CD-MINT US $5.99 [0 bids]
AMERICAN PEARL If We Were Kings 2001 PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Tex Williams Here's To You And Me/If Not For You 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Muntz 4 track The Mamas and the Papas "If you can believe you eyes and ears" US $9.99 [1 bids]
Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me (12" Vinyl) US $14.99 [0 bids]
Connie Smith If It Aint Love and Other Greal Dallas Frazier Songs (LP-11748) US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 25m
(CA177) Monk & Powell, Nice Work If You Can Get It - 1998 Jazz Greats CD No 048 US $9.71 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Royal Marimba Band RAMONA / IF YOU LOVED MARY AS I LOVED MARY 78 RPM US $1.49 [0 bids]
If Only You Were Lonely by Hawthorne Heights (CD &, DVD 2006, Victory Records... US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Lillies If The Field OST Vinyl LP Epic BN 26094 stereo US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 29m
Anything Is Nice If It Comes From Dixieland Sheet Music 1919 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Dinah Shore 45 IF YOU TURN ME DOWN / SWEET VIOLETS ~VG+ US $1.62 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Jimmy Buffett; If the Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me on 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Geri Halliwell Scream If You Want To Go Faster 4-Trk Holland CDS [Spice Girls] US $12.74 Buy It Now 1h 31m
JEFF FOXWORTHY Selections From You Might Be A Redneck If PROMO CD 6514 US $3.99 [0 bids]
JOHN MICHAEL MONTGOMERY If You Ever Went Away PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
1960's Vintage Dr. Suess Presents-If I Ran the Zoo & Sleep Book US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Jimmy Buffet If The Phone Doesn't Ring It's Me 45 Rpm Vinyl US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 33m
River Road Somebody Will / As If You Didn't Know 7" 45 rpm Capitol S7-19852 NM US $4.40 Buy It Now 1h 36m
MAMAS & THE PAPAS - IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES & EARS NEW VINYL US $40.38 Buy It Now 1h 38m
*SANDRA REID - IF DREAMS WERE REAL/ KEN PARKER{U.K. 12"} US $4.99 [0 bids]
LUTHER INGRAM - PUTTIN GAME DOWN / IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
DARON NORWOOD If It Wasn't For Her I Wouldn't PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Wayne Cochran-If I Was A Carpenter-'70 US PROMO 45! US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
John Bishop - Nothing If Not Something CD US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 42m
If You See Her by Brooks & Dunn (CD, Jun-1998, Arista) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
Faith Allen 1976 Denim 45rpm If I Wake You b/w Tell Me They're Wrong US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
What If God is Unhappy? by Christopher Brinson (CD, Feb-1997, Malaco) US $0.99 [0 bids]
78RPM ROSEMARY CLOONEY I'M WAITING JUST FOR YOU / IF TEARDROPS WERE PENNIES 3953 US $4.99 [0 bids]
David Kersh, If I Never Stop Loving You Audio CD US $4.45 Buy It Now 1h 49m
JOAN BAEZ "IF I KNEW" IMPORT LP /FRENCH PRESSING US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Gordon Lightfoott...IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND....No Name/Title Cover Issue LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Gladys Knight "IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN ll" 2001 Version 12" PROMO single 3 mixes US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
UB40 12" SINGLE: 'IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN" 6.25 & 3.40/ NKOMO A GO GO 4.56 US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Bonnie Tyler 12" single 1979 MARRIED MEN 6.20/ IF YOU EVER NEED ME AGAIN 332 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
Olivia Newton John If You Love Me, Let Me Know MCA411 R VG C VG (LP-12157) US $5.49 Buy It Now 1h 50m
HOMETOWN NEWS If I Could TEST PRESSING DJCD PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
78RPM Columbia 35256 Orrin Tucker, All in Favor Say Aye, If I Knew Then V- US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Mamas & Papa's LP If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears 1966 Mono EX/VG+ US $14.95 [0 bids]
HOOBASTANK If I Were You 2006 PROMO CD #16497 Version US $3.99 [0 bids]
FLAME If You Had A Heart REMIX 1992 PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
DARRYL WORLEY If Something Should Happen 2004 PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
OSCAR PETERSON FOUR If You Could See Me Now tape US $4.99 Buy It Now 2h 2m
ARETHA FRANKLIN If Ever I Would Leave You / Soulville NM NEW OLD STOCK 45 RARE US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
HUGH MASEKELA If You Dont Know Me By Now PROMO CD US $3.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Send comments to mystic fred (BETA) | Report this review (#132958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#169644) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"