IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 2 by If (2006-03-13)If 2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)If 3 by IF (2007-05-15)
Repertoire
If2 by If (2006-03-13)If2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire

Bangles If She Knew What She Wants 3 track Holland 12" USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Hybrid Featuring Julee Cruise ?- If I Survive 3 mixes Uk 12" AUTOGRAPHED USD $24.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Husker Du Don't Want To Know If You Are Lonely 3 track Uk Ep USD $29.99 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Kim Wilde If I can't have you 3 mixes Uk 12" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Kim Wilde If I can't have you 3 mixes Usa 12" USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 18m
Sting If You Love Somebody Set Them Free 3 mixes , Another Day Us 12" USD $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Cryns #3-...if Howard Roark could dance CD NEW USD $12.79 Buy It Now 3h 53m
GLORIA ESTEFAN IF WE WERE LOVERS CON LOS ANOS QUE ME QUEDAN3 TRACK CD - VGC USD $7.29 Buy It Now 6h 40m
GIRLS' GENERATION Catch Me If You Can + Greatest Hits 3CD 60Songs Superior HiFi USD $21.90 Buy It Now 7h 54m
Pete Seeger - If I Had A Hammer - Vol. 3 RARE 1958 Israeli Israel 4xTracks EP 7" USD $29.74 Buy It Now 8h 49m
CREED WHAT IF SCREAM 3 CD COMPACT DISC USD $5.50 Buy It Now 11h 42m
CONNIE FRANCIS 1959 UK MGM EP *IF I DIDN'T CARE+3* LISPTICK ON YOU COLLAR.. USD $6.37 [0 bids]
Ether If you really want to know 3 track CD single USD $0.63 [0 bids]
k.d.lang if I were you 3 track CD single USD $0.63 [0 bids]
The Bluetones - If... 3 track CD single - 582 461-2 - VG USD $4.18 Buy It Now 18h 15m
VARIOUS ARTISTS - IF THIS IS HOUSE I WANT MY MONEY BACK, VOL. 3 NEW CD USD $23.51 Buy It Now 22h 34m
JUICE MUSIC - IF YOU'RE HAPPY & YOU KNOW IT, VOL. 3 NEW CD USD $6.64 Buy It Now 22h 34m
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) ~LikeNew CD Marieann Meringolo: Imagine If We Only H USD $2.88 Buy It Now 22h 48m
Haim Vinyl Set Of 3 "if I Could Change Your Mind" Sealed USD $450.00 Buy It Now 23h 27m
Patti LaBelle Lot Of 3 Vinyl 12" Mix Another One, If Only, Yo Mister Promo No CD USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
3rd Storee - If Ever - 12" vinyl USD $12.81 [0 bids]
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existed USD $2.98 Buy It Now 1 day
R KELLY single I CAN'T SLEEP BABY IF I 3 track CD remix USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL AND OATES_IF That's What Makes You Happy_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_F3 USD $9.46 Buy It Now 1 day
if only ( radio edit 3:59 / uk radio mix 4:04 / jfp club mix (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $5.85 Buy It Now 1 day
If 3 - If (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.06 Buy It Now 1 day
MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK Go PHOTO Print POSTER Even if It Kills Me Shirt CD 001 USD $19.29 Buy It Now 1 day
THE POGUES If I Should Fall from Grace with God PHOTO Print POSTER Band 001 USD $19.29 Buy It Now 1 day
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF I CAN DREAM: ELVIS PRESLEY WITH THE ROYAL PHILH 3 CD NEW+ USD $94.56 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS Alive At Red Rocks PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not Now, When? Shirt 007 USD $19.29 Buy It Now 1 day
INCUBUS A Crow Left Of The Murder 2004 UK Tour PHOTO Print POSTER Band If Not 06 USD $19.29 Buy It Now 1 day
3 CD lot - Michael Feinstein - Nice Work If You Can Get It, with IPO and Live USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KATY PERRY LAST FRIDAY NIGHT (T.G.I.F) 3 TRK PROMO CD U.S RARE 509990 28604 2 8 USD $49.99 [0 bids]
USD $64.99 Buy It Now
If-If 3 CD NEW USD $16.09 Buy It Now 1 day
TARA MACLEAN If I Fall 2000 Taiwan w/obi 3-Track CD Single+Plus Video USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1 AN OFFER I CAN'T REFUSE 2 THE LORD IS IN HIS HOLY TEMPLE 3 IF I NEED A REASON USD $13.03 Buy It Now 1 day
OM lot of 3 12" singles KING KOOBA Fooling, If I Could USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
PETER NERO up close CAREER GIRLS if ever I would leave you LOT 3 LP bachelor pad USD $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Rod Stewart CD Lot 5 Disc Great American Songbook Vol 1 2 3 If We Fall In Love USD $10.36 Buy It Now 1 day
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Cassette Single) USD $3.21 Buy It Now 1 day
Lightening Seeds - What If... 3 track CD single - 663863 5 - Ex USD $4.18 Buy It Now 1 day
IF BREAD THE GUITAR MAN WPDR-3010 JAPAN 3"/INCHCD Z-9193 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
When We Dance 3TRACK CD Single w/If You Love Somebody Radio+Hip Hop Mixes MORE! USD $2.95 Buy It Now 1 day
HK CD 3" Andy Lau ??? If Sky Love Beyond Sing ???????? (3?CD???) NEW 8777-2 USD $70.00 Buy It Now 1 day
3 VINTAGE KEN GRIFFEN 78 RPM DOODLE-EE-DO/IF I HAD YOU/CUCKOO WALTZ USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Five - If Ya Gettin' Down - CD Single - 1999 - 3 Tracks - Disc Only USD $2.80 Buy It Now 2 days
ME'SHELL NDEGEOCELLO-IF THAT'S YOUR BOYFRIEND. VERY RARE 3 TRACK 12" RnB PROMO. USD $5.57 [0 bids]
Music CD, Blue, If you Come Back, 3 mixes & Video USD $1.74 Buy It Now 2 days
Lightning Seeds What if 3 track CD single USD $0.63 [0 bids]
Lenny Kravitz If I Could Fall In Love Australian 3 Track CD Single USD $7.84 Buy It Now 2 days
THIS WAY UP IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU 12" 3 TRACKS + P/S (ROY HAY FROM CULTURE CLUB) U USD $11.58 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW EDITION IF IT ISN'T LOVE 12" 3 MIXES + P/S USA USD $11.58 Buy It Now 2 days
MN8 IF YOU ONLY LET ME IN 12" 3 MIX PROMO - 12" MIX, ALBUM MIX, DRUM DUB UK USD $10.30 Buy It Now 2 days
MEAT LOAF IF YOU REALLY WANT TO 12" PIC DISC 3 TRACKS - 1983 UK USD $23.17 Buy It Now 2 days
SUZI QUATRO IF YOU KNEW SUZI 3 Extra Tracks REMASTERED CD NEW USD $18.83 Buy It Now 2 days
DIRE STRAITS TWISTING BY THE POOL 12" 3 TRACK EP WITH TWO YOUNG LOVERS + IF I HA USD $11.58 Buy It Now 2 days
SILJE NERGAARD - IF I COULD WRAP UP A KISS (INKLUSIVE. 3 BONUS TRACKS) CD NEW+ USD $24.69 Buy It Now 2 days
MICHAEL WOODS_Imogen Bailey_If You Want Me_used cd-s_ships from AUS!__F3 USD $9.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Mp3 Cd Quran Abdel Rahman Al Sudais ??? ?????? ?????? (Free if you cann't pay) USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IF? "SATURDAY'S ANGELS" 3-TRACK UK MCA PROMO 12" WMCST 1627 USD $1.27 [0 bids]
the rolling stones 3rd ep. got live if you want it. decca mono dfe8620. ex+-exc USD $9.01 [0 bids]
JIMI HENDRIX - If 6 Was 9 ? song typography poster art print - 5 sizes #15 USD $15.38 Buy It Now 2 days
JIMI HENDRIX - If 6 Was 9 ? song typography poster art print - 5 sizes #15 USD $17.96 Buy It Now 2 days
HANSON IF ONLY CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS 1 VIDEO USD $1.27 [0 bids]
Phoenix - If I Ever Feel Better (3 trk 12" / 2000) USD $12.86 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICAGO - IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW 1976 CBS 45 A3/B3 USD $3.21 [0 bids]
RICHMOND FONTAINE-YOU CAN'T GO BACK IF THERE'S NOTHING TO GO VINYL LP+MP3 NEW+ USD $37.82 Buy It Now 2 days
FREE US SH (int'l sh=$0-$3) NEW CD : Only If U Knew Explicit Lyrics USD $5.58 Buy It Now 2 days
DIRE STRAITS Twisting By The Pool 7" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Two Young Lovers+If I Had USD $5.14 Buy It Now 2 days
LARRY BIRDSONG If I Could Only Hold Back My Tears/Somebody Help 45 Sur-Speed mp3 USD $15.00 [0 bids]
JAY HENRY If You Love Me 7" Ps, Master Mix B/W Brown Eyes Remix, Tmrc 3 USD $6.42 Buy It Now 2 days
RUBY TURNER If You'Re Ready 7" Ps, 3 Tracks Inc Still On My Mind+Won'T Cry No M USD $3.85 Buy It Now 2 days
SHAKIN' STEVENS A Little Boogie Woogie 7" Ps, B/W If You'Re Gonna Cry, Shaky 3 USD $6.42 Buy It Now 2 days
Girls' Generation Catch Me If You Can + Greatest Hits 3CD 60 Songs 24K Gold Disc USD $14.50 Buy It Now 3 days
George Strait 3-CD BOX SET If You Ain't Lovin You Ain't Living/#7/Livin It Up NM USD $35.13 Buy It Now 3 days
Blue - If You Come Back (3 tracks plus video CD single) USD $2.51 Buy It Now 3 days
The Lox If You Think I'm Jiggy Cassette Tape Single SUPER RARE BUY 3 GET 1 FREE USD $11.96 Buy It Now 3 days
KELLEE PATTERSON 'IF IT DON'T FIT DON'T FORCE IT' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.27 Buy It Now 3 days
ROGER WHITTAKER_IF I Were A Rich Man_used CD_ships from AUSTRALIA_O3 USD $9.46 Buy It Now 3 days
ELKIE BROOKS 'FOOL IF YOU THINK IT'S OVER' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.27 Buy It Now 3 days
HANSON_If Only remix_used VINYL 12" inch_ships from AUS!_shP3R USD $23.65 Buy It Now 3 days
BARRY MANILOW IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN - AUSTRALIAN LP RECORD VINYL 12" 33/3 USD $12.61 Buy It Now 3 days
ian mcnabb (The Icicle Works) if love was like guitars 3 track signed cd USD $3.21 Buy It Now 3 days
COIN - How Will You Know If You Never Try - Vinyl (LP + MP3 download code) USD $32.31 Buy It Now 3 days
Mindy McCready 3 CD Lot Ten Thousand Angels If I Don't Stay I'm Not So Tough USD $11.77 Buy It Now 3 days
Diana Ross If We Hold On Together + 3 - EMI 5" CD Single USD $0.32 [0 bids]
Vintage vinyl Various Genres 3 Victrola records-"If I don't Care" (R706BD) USD $14.95 Buy It Now 3 days
MUNCIE FAMILY SINGERS IF I COULDN'T SING A SONG PLUS 3 OTHER SONGS 7 INCH 33 EP USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Marc Dorsey If You Really Wanna Know 3 Trk CD USD $7.71 Buy It Now 3 days
Catch Me If You Can USD $5.21 Buy It Now 3 days
Dwayne Wiggins TONY TONI TONE If I had no Lot 3TRX PROMO DJ CD single 1993 USA USD $23.74 Buy It Now 3 days
Jesse James "If You Want A Love Affair" 70s Soul 45 20th Century mp3 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
IF-3 - SELF TITLED - VINTAGE 1971 CAPITOL RECORDS - GATEFOLD - STEREO SMAS-820 USD $14.44 Buy It Now 3 days
Celine Dion If You Asked Me To 3 track CD single inc. Love You Blind USD $31.00 Buy It Now 3 days
IF-WATERFALL + 3-JAPAN CD F83 USD $25.99 Buy It Now 3 days
IF - IF 3 - CD 10 TRACKS CLASSIC ROCK & POP NEW+ USD $19.14 Buy It Now 3 days
Marcia "If Only I Could..." Obscure Modern Sweet Soul/Disco Funk 45 Jasford mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Peggy March "If You Loved Me" Northern Soul 45 Rca Victor mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
Precisions "If This Is Love" Northern Soul 45 Drew mp3 USD $7.99 [1 bids]
Quadraphonics "Betcha If You Check It Out" 70s Soul 45 Innovation II mp3 USD $7.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"