IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
IF 2 + If 'Live in Liverpool' By If (2012-12-03)IF 2 + If 'Live in Liverpool' By If (2012-12-03)
Repertoire Records
If 2 by If (2006-03-27)If 2 by If (2006-03-27)
Repertoire
If 3If 3
2004
If 3 By If (2011-05-30)If 3 By If (2011-05-30)
Repertoire Records
RONE - Creatures - trifold 180 gram LP + MP3 download code USD $32.10 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time - Scarce Three 3" Cd Single USD $9.12 Buy It Now 7h 6m
THE MAMA'S AND THE PAPA'S 331/3 RPM IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES AND EARS USD $14.98 Buy It Now 9h 54m
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Enh CD Single Pt 1) USD $4.55 Buy It Now 12h 23m
RIHANNA 3 RARE CD SINGLES IF IT'S LOVIN' THAT YOU WANT SOS PROMO TAKE A BOW USD $7.60 [0 bids]
Babybird If You'll Be Mine 3 track CD Single USD $1.75 Buy It Now 13h 17m
Babybird If You'll Be Mine 3 track CD Single USD $1.67 Buy It Now 13h 46m
LIVERPOOL FIVE: If You Gotta Go, Go Now +3 45 (Spain, EP w/ PC laminated 'back USD $250.00 Buy It Now 14h 8m
3 NEIL DIAMOND Holly Holy, I Am I Said, If You Know What I Mean 45 RPM Records USD $8.50 Buy It Now 16h 49m
3 - If (2014, CD New) USD $12.05 Buy It Now 17h 29m
MAMAS & PAPAS 3 LP LOT - IF YOU CAN BELIEVE YOUR EYES EARS / SELF TITLED / HITS USD $14.99 Buy It Now 19h 30m
WHISTLE 'If You Don't Say' (3 versions/mixes) RARE unplayed CD PROMO ONLY 1991 USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21h 55m
TEST PRESS 12" - 38 SPECIAL - IF I'D BEEN THE ONE (3:51) - A&M USD $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 55m
THE BLUETONES 'IF.' 3-TRACK CD SINGLE USD $4.55 Buy It Now 23h 24m
Kim Wilde IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU French Import 3-trk CD USD $10.49 Buy It Now 1 day
Kim Wilde IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU UK Import 3tr CD Digipack USD $7.49 Buy It Now 1 day
CELINE DION - IF YOU ASKED ME TO (1992) JAPAN 3 INCH CD SINGLE PROMO SEALED RARE USD $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $30.44 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $22.76 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $18.20 Buy It Now 1 day
? THE VACCINES If You Wanna ? song words poster art print - A1 A2 A3 or A4 USD $13.63 Buy It Now 1 day
FIVE - IF YA GETTIN DOWN - CD - 3 TRACK SINGLE USD $3.03 Buy It Now 1 day
PHASEONE "If I Tell U" VINYL 2x LP RECORD Brand New! + mp3 USD $22.98 Buy It Now 1 day
3 Sting Albums on CD - Soul Cages, Dream of Blue Turtles, If on a Winter's Night USD $4.95 [0 bids]
Belle & Sebastian IF YOU'RE FEELING SINISTER +MP3s Gatefold MATADOR New Vinyl LP USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Olivia Newton John 3 Record Lot IF You Love Me Let Me Know Let Me Be There USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blake Mills - If I'm Unworthy - 3 Track USD $6.08 Buy It Now 1 day
cd D3 DREAM CITY FILM CLUB IF I DIE I DIE - PISSBOY - WHEN I SLEEP - TEENAGE W USD $20.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MATCHBOX TWENTY-IF YOU'RE GONE 3 TRACKS GERMAN MINT CD USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
TONY! TONI! TONE!-IF I HAD NO LOOT 3 MIXES-WING 859 057-1 NM/VG+ 12" USD $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Bobby Darin Vinyl 3 LP Lot Records COMMITMENT If I Were A Carpenter BORN CASSOTT USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CELINE DION If You Asked Me To /Love You Blind JAPAN 3" CD ESDA-7095 Ex-/Ex USD $79.97 Buy It Now 1 day
Sealed! CELINE DION If You Asked Me To /Love You Blind JAPAN 3" CD ESDA-7095 USD $199.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SQUEEZE - IF I DIDN'T LOVE YOU - U.S. 5" 33 1/3 RECORD - 1980 ---- K @@ L USD $13.99 Buy It Now 1 day
LLOYD,EDWARD:tenor"If with all your hearts":Elijah(Mendels):10" Blk.G USD $30.45 [0 bids]
Scripto Presents Bobby Darin If A Man Answers 3 more EP45 Capitol 45RPM-EP USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
BRUBAKER, Bruce - Glass Piano - gatefold 180 gram vinyl 2xLP + MP3 download code USD $29.08 Buy It Now 2 days
Vintage Lot of 3 Frank Sinatra 78 RPM LPs Columbia If You Are About A Dream Begg USD $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
DANIELLE_Tell Me If You Like It_used CD-s_ships from AUSTRALIA_L3 USD $7.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Enya - Only If (3:18) PROMO COPY DJ CD USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
SMOKIE - IF YOU THINK YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME 3 CD DEUTSCH POP NEW+ USD $20.06 Buy It Now 2 days
70s Soul 45 - Dixon - If This Is Love - Communication - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
70s Soul 45 - Jamal Trice - If Love Is Not The Answer - Soul - VG++ mp3 USD $6.00 [1 bids]
70s Soul 45 - Quadraphonics - Betcha If You Check It Out - Innovation II - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
ELVIS PRESLEY- IF EVERY DAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS POP-UP 3-D GATEFOLD CD GRACELAND USD $34.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Johnny Marr HAVEN If Ep 3UNRELEASE PROMO CD THE SMITHS USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Deep Soul 45 - Time Review - If I Could See You - United Voice - VG++ mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
CHARLENE 3 TRACK EP INC IT AIN`T EASY COMIN` DOWN /IF I COULD SEE MYSELF 7" USD $8.36 Buy It Now 2 days
Funk 45 - Shirley Jean & Relations - If I'd Of Had A Man Like You - People - mp3 USD $6.00 [1 bids]
KT Tunstall - If Only - 3 Track USD $6.08 Buy It Now 2 days
June - If You Speak Any Faster 2005 CD+Bonus DVD #15-3 USD $1.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Frank Sinatra 45 Learnin' The Blues / If I Had 3 Wishes ~ VG USD $1.70 Buy It Now 2 days
Rare 1971 Progressive Rock LP, near pristine vinyl IF If3/USA Capitol USD $22.82 [0 bids]
Modern Soul 45 - Jocelyn Brown - If I Can't Have Your Love - Posse - mp3 promo! USD $15.50 [3 bids]
MANIC STREET PREACHERS If You Tolerate This PROLOGUE Montana/Autumn/78 3 Trk CD USD $1.51 [0 bids]
Alfie - If You Happy With You Need Do Nothing EU CD #17-3 USD $2.39 Buy It Now 2 days
KORGIS 3 TRACK EP INC IF I HAD YOU /CHINESE GIRL/ ART SCHOOL ANNEXE 7" USD $5.28 Buy It Now 2 days
Northern Soul 45 - Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure - ABC - mp3 USD $46.00 [4 bids]
Northern Soul 45 - Precisions - If This Is Love - Drew - mp3 USD $6.00 [1 bids]
IF 2.0 Ninja Tune & If Music Present 3xLP STILL SEALED RSD Record Store Day 2014 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
3 Lot OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN Pop Music Record Albums " Physical " If You Love Me " USD $10.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Northern/Deep Soul 45 - Barbara & Brenda - If I'm Hurt - Dynamo - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Sweet Soul 45 - Bob & Gene - If This World Were Mine - Mo Do - NM mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Sweet Soul 45 - Joy - If It Pleases You/Thank You - GSF - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Master P: If I Could Change PROMO Music CD Steady Mobb'n Radio Street Movie 3trk USD $8.09 Buy It Now 2 days
2PAC TUPAC BRENDA'S GOT A BABY / IF MY HOMIE CALLS Promo 3-trk CD single NM USD $10.50 [2 bids]
AST / OHNE DICH KANN ICH NICHT LEBEN IF3 OBI 10" cb0324 USD $0.99 [0 bids]
ETERTNAL 3 TRACK EP INC IF YOU NEED ME TONIGHT/ HEY BABY / SAVE OUR LOVE 7" USD $3.94 Buy It Now 2 days
IF3 SELF TITLED LP 1971 CAPITOL RECORDS SMAS 820 OUT OF PRINT USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
IF THIS IS HOUSE I WANT MY MONEY BACK 3 Various Artists Audio CD USD $22.56 Buy It Now 2 days
Master P Steady Mobbin If I Could Change 3 Mixes 12 inch Nm/VG Priority USD $17.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CHRIS SPRING Liberation Day 7" With Info Sheet 3 Track B/w And If These Words An USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
BARBARA MANDRELL If Loving You Is Wrong 7" 3 Track B/w Sleeping Single In A Doub USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...forget It 7" 3 Track B/w Sneakin' Up USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
BRECKER BROTHERS BAND If You Wanna Boogie...forget It 7" 3 Track Demo B/w Sneaki USD $2.36 Buy It Now 2 days
EARTHA KITT If I Can't Take It With Me 7" 3 Pronged Centre Label Design B/w Just USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
FARINA Two People 7" 3 Track B/w If She Should Blame Him And Displace UK Pickle USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
KIDS INTERNATIONAL Reggae Round The World 7" 3 Track B/w If I Had A Hammer, Dann USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
LOUISE MORRISSEY He Thinks I Still Care 7" 3 Track B/w If You Were Gone And Slie USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" 3 Track Pic Sleeve UK Jive 1985 USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" 3 Track UK Jive 1985 USD $3.94 Buy It Now 2 days
RUBY TURNER If You're Ready 7" 3 Track Gatefold Ep B/w Still On My Mind And Won' USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
MEMBRANES If You Enter The Arena 7" 3 Track Rsd 2012 Issue B/w Boots And Everyth USD $6.23 Buy It Now 2 days
THE INKSPOTS E.P " IF I DIDN`T CARE + 3 " UK BRAVO EX+ COND. USD $2.88 Buy It Now 2 days
WILDER Star 7" 3 Track B/w If Not Now When And Expose Pic Sleeve UK Corazon 199 USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
TRANSVISION VAMP If Looks Could Kill 7" 3 Track Featuring My Friend The Tom Cat USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
TRINI LOPEZ At Pj's 7" 3 Track Ep Featuring If I Had A Hammer, What'd I Say And USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" 3 Track B/w La Bamba And Lemon Tree UK Ol USD $3.96 Buy It Now 2 days
TRINI LOPEZ If I Had A Hammer 7" 3 Track B/w La Bamba And Lemon Tree UK Old Gol USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
STEVE FORBERT Thinkin' 7" 3 Track Gatefold B/w You Cannot Win If You Do Not Play USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
AC/DC If You Want Blood LP 10 Track Matrix A3/b1 With Merch Sheet Sleeve Has A F USD $22.37 Buy It Now 2 days
Cher Greatest Hits If I Could Turn Back Time Thai Cassette Seal 3 USD SHIPPING USD $19.99 Buy It Now 2 days
21ST CENTURY GIRLS 21st Century Girls CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w If You're Mad Enough USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
3RD STOREE If Ever CD 4 Track So So Def Remix Without Rap With Info Stickered Ca USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
50 CENT If I Can't CD 3 Track Clean Version Promo B/w Instrumental And Explicit USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
A1 Like A Rose CD 3 Track Valentine Mix B/w If Only Almighty Club Mix And Everyt USD $7.60 Buy It Now 2 days
ALL SAINTS Pure Shores CD 3 Track B/w Beach Life Mix And If You Don't Know What USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track B/w Fever And Day By Day UK Bubblin 1995 USD $5.54 Buy It Now 2 days
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w Poolside And Worn UK Echo 1998 USD $3.94 Buy It Now 2 days
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/w Fever And Day By Day UK USD $7.14 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"