IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
What Did I Say About TWhat Did I Say About T
Repertoire 2008
ART NOEL - Vintage Sheet Music - IF YOU EVER GOT TO IRELAND US $9.96 Buy It Now 34m 56s
VINYL 7" SINGLE - Chris Thompson - If you remember Me - K 12389 US $11.61 Buy It Now 34m 58s
RONNIE DANTE: If You Love Me, Laurie 45 Oldies US $10.00 Buy It Now 37m 42s
ELTON JOHN & LEON RUSSELL IF IT WASNT FOR BAD 7" VINYL BRAND NEW US $16.59 Buy It Now 41m 29s
7" Vinyl Record, The Kaye Sisters, Paper Roses / If only Youde be Mine, PB1024 US $3.30 [0 bids]
42m 47s
7" Vinyl, Harry Secombe, If I Ruled the World / Look into your Heart, bf1261 US $3.30 [0 bids]
42m 47s
7" Vinyl Record, The S.O.S Band, Tell me if you Still Care / If you want my Love US $3.30 [0 bids]
42m 47s
7" Vinyl Record, Telly Savalas. If / You & Me Against the World, mca174 US $3.30 [0 bids]
42m 47s
Barry Manilow - If I Should Love Again - Arista - BMAN1 (LP) US $1.64 Buy It Now 1h 2m
Don Henley (ex The Eagles) picture sleeve single - End Of The Innocence/ If Dirt US $6.54 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Dwight Yoakam - If There Was A Way (CD 1990) VG ++ US $4.48 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Kamahl If I Give My Heart To You LP US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 7m
If You're Ready: Best of, Enchantment, New US $9.60 Buy It Now 1h 9m
LULU-EVEN IF I COULD CHANGE 7" SINGLE CHEAP US $6.63 Buy It Now 1h 14m
If Only You Were Lonely by Hawthorne Heights (CD, Feb-2006, Victory Records... US $2.25 Buy It Now 1h 16m
MONIQUE - IF YOU LOVE ME - CARVER US $66.43 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MIDGE URE - If I Was - Excellent Condition 7" Single US $6.61 Buy It Now 1h 23m
ATLANTIC STARR - If Your Heart Isn't In It / One Love - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
CHICAGO if you leave me now/together again S CBS 4603 uk cbs 7" WS EX/ US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 29m
WENDY MATTHEWS "IF ONLY I COULD" CASSINGLE US $6.55 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JEFFREY OSBORNE if my brother's in trouble 613 992 uk arista 1991 12" PS EX/EX US $14.86 Buy It Now 1h 31m
JUNIOR VASQUEZ if madonna calls 12MULTY13 uk multiply 1996 12" PS EX/EX US $14.86 Buy It Now 1h 31m
TRACY LAWRENCE cd Time Marches On STARS OVER TEXAS is that tear IF YOU LOVED ME US $5.99 [0 bids]
FIORUCCI "YOU CAN GET IT IF YOU REALLY WANT" CD SINGLE US $8.42 Buy It Now 1h 35m
SIMPLY RED A NEW FLAME INC. TITLE TRACK / IF YOU DON`T KNOW ME BY NOW VINYL LP US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Counting Crows If I could give all my love CD1 of 2CD set CD Single US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Colin James If you lean on me CD Single US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 38m
IF - THREE (BODYHEAT) CD NEW US $17.40 Buy It Now 1h 38m
JAMES T PURSEY:IF ONLY BEFORE,1984,12",STAGE ONE RECORDS,EX US $13.27 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Cher clock -if I could turn back time upcycled 7" record sleeve clock US $10.79 Buy It Now 1h 42m
7"-Single THE BEATLES - Tell Me Why / If I Fell (1964) GERMANY PS US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
SLOAN If It Feels Good Do It CD SINGLE 3 trks MINT *starcomed1 US $5.61 Buy It Now 1h 47m
NEIL DIAMOND - This Time / If I Couldn't See You Again - 45 RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
v CLAIRE 7" PS JAPAN IF YOU LOVE ME DISCO STUFF US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
BANG BANG - I DON'T CARE IF I'M BLUE + TROUBLES + ELECTRIC SHOCK + 1( ROCKABILLY US $11.61 Buy It Now 1h 51m
STATUS QUO ( NEW CD ) IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT ( REMASTERED + BONUS TRACK ) US $8.22 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Cricket Rumor Mill - If Only Then (2005) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 1h 53m
WE THE PEOPLE "One Of A Kind" b/w "If We Can Fly To The Moon" MAP CITY 301 EX US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
BILLY OCEAN - There'll Be Sad Songs / If I Should Lose - 45RPM US $1.50 [0 bids]
Hybrid If I survive CD Single US $8.29 Buy It Now 2h
AC/DC - If You Want Blood You're Got / Album Cassette Tape / 1978 / 606 US $11.61 Buy It Now 2h
DONNIE ELBERT 7" SINGLE - WHERE DID OUR LOVE GO/THAT'S IF YOU LOVE ME US $1.66 [0 bids]
Jack Jones If You Leave Me/Without Her RCA REEL 2 albums TP3 5046 3 3/4 rare US $10.00 [0 bids]
NAS,If i ruled the world,Main mix,Intrumental,CD Single,Cardsleeve,1996 US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
50 Cent,If i canīt,G-Unit,Poppinīthem thangs,5 Track,Cardsleeve,Import,Enhanced US $44.44 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Incubus - If Not Now, When? CD Neuf US $8.13 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Julio Iglesias Starry Night CD VGC If You Go Away When I Need You US $14.03 Buy It Now 2h 8m
SEALED If I Could Make a Living by Clay Walker (CD) US $6.99 [0 bids]
IF EVER A HEART WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE - Vintage Sheet Music - JOE LOSS US $16.61 Buy It Now 2h 11m
(REDGUM-If You Dont Fight You Lose)intense passionate & outspoken outlook-K3-LP US $18.70 Buy It Now 2h 11m
IF EVER A HEART WAS IN THE RIGHT PLACE - Vintage Sheet Music - LOSS US $16.61 Buy It Now 2h 12m
HAROLD MELVIN & THE BLUENOTES - If You Don't Know Me By Now - Ex Con 7" Single US $6.61 Buy It Now 2h 13m
THE JAIL BREAKERS "IF EVERY DAY COULD BE LIKE CHRISTMAS" 7" SINGLE SEE DETAILS US $1.64 [0 bids]
DORIS DAY 50's Sheet Music IF I GIVE MY HEART TO YOU, BY JIMMIE CRANE, JACOBS US $19.93 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Sophie B. Hawkins - If I Was Your Girl-The Best Of [CD New] US $8.49 Buy It Now 2h 24m
Mandisa - What If We Were Real [CD New] US $11.82 Buy It Now 2h 24m
SCOTT ADAIR BAND - IF IT FEELS GOOD DO IT - RARE SIGNED US $21.32 Buy It Now 2h 24m
70 ' s Soul ** Bobby Patterson - If I Hadn ' t Slipped Up And Got Caught * US $4.97 Buy It Now 2h 25m
100 PROOF AGED IN SOUL ** If I Could See The Light In The Window ** HOT WAX US $3.30 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Bob & Gene - If This World Were Mine [CD New] US $9.98 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Lindsay Anderson - If [CD New] US $13.47 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Cleo Laine If We Lived on the Top of a Mountain 1968 Stereo Import LP VG++ US $16.99 Buy It Now 2h 27m
VERA LYNN - Vintage Sheet Music - IF I HAD MY WAY US $9.96 Buy It Now 2h 29m
Wham! - Best of Wham - (If You Were There) (CD) - George Michael US $3.30 [0 bids]
Hi-lo's - Nice Work If You Can Get It:be (1996) - Used - Compact Disc US $3.14 Buy It Now 2h 42m
VAL DOONICAN, IF THE WHOLE WORLD STOPPED LOVIN' ,7" VINYL US $0.83 [1 bids]
Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth [CD 1] [CD 2] [Single] [Audio CD] D-NEW US $6.63 Buy It Now 2h 47m
If Ever [Single] [Audio CD] 3rd Storee-NEW US $4.47 Buy It Now 2h 47m
Lawrence Welk LP Records 3 Love is Blue Hits of Our Time If You Were Only More US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 48m
M&S Presents THE GIRL NEXT DOOR 'SALSOUL NUGGET (IF U WANNA)' 3 VERSIONS 12"2001 US $8.29 Buy It Now 2h 48m
HYBRID-IF I SURVIVE-BREAKS/PROG TRANCE/99-2x12@LISTEN@ US $13.93 Buy It Now 2h 48m
IF?-SATURDAY'S ANGELS-1992-House US $12.94 Buy It Now 2h 50m
1992, NM, PROMO CD, Eric Eden, "I'd Make You Happy If I Could" Single, A US $12.99 [0 bids]
All Good Clean Fun 2lp vinyl Eric Burdon man if Groundhogs Hawkwind Amon Duul I US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 52m
Rockin' Sidney ~45~ If It's Good For The Gander ~ HEAR US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 52m
SHAKIN STEVENS feel the need in me 7" b/w if i can't have you (epc6528027) pic s US $8.29 Buy It Now 2h 53m
Cartel If I 3 TRACK SINGLE CD US $7.39 Buy It Now 2h 54m
James Ray, If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody, Caprice 45, '62, Great soul US $12.99 Buy It Now 2h 54m
JANET JACKSON-IF-BROTHERS IN RHYTHM/HOUSE/VIRGIN@LISTEN US $7.95 Buy It Now 2h 55m
David Essex 7" - If I Could US $1.64 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BROWN - If This Is Goodbye - Black Diamond - Modern Soul US $18.25 Buy It Now 2h 57m
Bobby Patterson * If He Hadn ' t Slipped Up And Got Caught * US $6.63 Buy It Now 2h 57m
The Tamperer - If You Buy This Record Your Life Will Be Better 5 Track CD Single US $6.50 Buy It Now 3h
Gene Cotton 45 If I Could Get You (Into My Life) KNOLL US $3.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Amen Corner - (If Paradise is) Half as Nice / When We Make Love (1976 7") US $6.63 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Colin James - If I Can Do It, So Can You - RARE OZ LP US $18.47 Buy It Now 3h 5m
Pogues - If I Should Fall From Grace Wi (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.63 Buy It Now 3h 8m
TONY COLE If The Music Stops 20TH CENTURY Stereo NM/MINT! US $8.50 Buy It Now 3h 8m
Chris Tomlin - And If Our God Is For Us (2010) - Used - Compact Disc US $4.10 Buy It Now 3h 9m
DON McLEAN ~ DON McLEAN ~ EX VINYL + LYRIC INNER IF WE TRY, NARCISISSMA, DREIDEL US $4.97 [0 bids]
MIDGE URE- IF I WAS VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $2.08 Buy It Now 3h 10m
BRUCE WILLIS: If It Don't Kill You, It Just Makes You Stronger LP (title toc, l US $10.00 Buy It Now 3h 12m
BARRY MANILOW HERE COMES THE NIGHT IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN 2LP OBI INSERT JAPAN US $12.91 Buy It Now 3h 13m
PATTI LA BELLE - If You Ask Me To (Soundtrack 007) / If You Asked Me To - 45RPM US $1.25 [0 bids]
JACKIE PARIS 45 If you dont watch out TECHNIQUES reggae #S224 US $20.00 Buy It Now 3h 16m
Randy Travis 45 If I Didn't Have You/I Told You So US $2.00 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Alabama Can't keep good man/If I ain't Dixie 7" vinyl US $2.99 Buy It Now 3h 19m
HATCHAM SOCIAL----DANCE AS IF 7" SIGNED US $6.63 [0 bids]
LONDON GRAMMAR IF YOU WAIT DELUXE EDITION 2 CD DIGIPAK NEW US $23.37 Buy It Now 3h 25m
VINYL 7" SINGLE -Neil Reid - If I could write a song - F 13264 US $11.61 Buy It Now 3h 25m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Send comments to mystic fred (BETA) | Report this review (#132958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#169644) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"