IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 3If 3
2004
(SUE WILKINSON - You Gotta Be A Hustler If You Wanna Get On)-L3-7 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Chantal Kreviazuk - What If It All Means Japan CD+3 NEW USD $18.99 Buy It Now 5h 59m
DIANA ROSS Japan 3 inch CD,IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER from "The Land Before Time" USD $25.99 Buy It Now 7h 10m
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w Poolside And Worn UK Echo 1998 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 14m
A1 Like A Rose CD 3 Track Valentine Mix B/w If Only Almighty Club Mix And Everyt USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 19m
BARBRA STREISAND As If We Never Said Goodbye CD 3 Track From Sunset Boulevard B/ USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 21m
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD 3 Track Pic Disc Part USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 33m
BLUETONES If CD 3 Track Thin Case Issue GERMAN A&m 1998 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 38m
BRYAN FERRY As Time Goes By CD 3 Track B/w Falling In Love Again And If I Didn't USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 40m
BABYBIRD If You'll Be Mine CD 3 Track Part 2 B/w Memorise And I Want Nothing UK USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 58m
CHER One By One CD 3 Track B/w If I Could Turn Back Time And It's A Man's Man's USD $7.90 Buy It Now 8h 58m
DES LYNAM If CD 3 Track B/w Leisure And Pavane Football Remix UK Bbc 1998 USD $9.48 Buy It Now 9h 3m
DANDY WARHOLS Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth CD 3 Track Part 2 B/w Gen USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 3m
3RD STOREE If Ever CD 4 Track So So Def Remix Without Rap With Info Stickered Ca USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 14m
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD 3 Track B/w If I Fall Acoustic And Home My House Ver USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 23m
EARTHA KITT If I Love Ya CD 3 Track B/w Just An Old Fashioned Girl And Let's Do USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 24m
BLUETONES If CD 3 Track Thick Case Issue B/w Blue Shadows And The Watchman GERM USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 25m
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track With Info Stickered Case B/w Fever And Day By Day UK USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 28m
50 CENT If I Can't CD 3 Track Clean Version Promo B/w Instrumental And Explicit USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 29m
EMMA HOLLAND From Now On CD 3 Track B/w If I Fall Acoustic And Home My House Ver USD $9.03 Buy It Now 9h 33m
21ST CENTURY GIRLS 21st Century Girls CD 3 Track Part 1 B/w If You're Mad Enough USD $8.14 Buy It Now 9h 38m
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet CD 3 Track B/w If You Want To And Who Loves You GERM USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 42m
DRIVEN Jesus Loves You More If You Can Drive CD 3 Track UK Polydor 1996 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 49m
BLUE If You Come Back CD 3 Track Radio Edit B/w Jam Street Mix, Blacksmith Smoo USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 52m
ALL SAINTS Pure Shores CD 3 Track B/w Beach Life Mix And If You Don't Know What USD $7.90 Buy It Now 9h 53m
ASWAD If I Was CD 3 Track B/w Fever And Day By Day UK Bubblin 1995 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 10h 18m
BLUE Blue Eyed Girl CD 3 Track B/w I Wonder If I'm Making It And I'll Get You B USD $7.90 Buy It Now 10h 27m
DR HOOK A Little Bit More CD 3 Track B/w Sylvia's Mother And If Not You UK Emi USD $7.90 Buy It Now 10h 34m
FRANK SINATRA Columbia 7 inch 33 1/3 If I Ever Love Again/Every Man Should Marry USD $14.99 Buy It Now 10h 56m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ USED CD Marieann Meringolo: Imagine If We Only Have Lo USD $8.83 Buy It Now 11h 57m
Fuzz OK Garage The Family Dog BROWN # Rockys lonesome / If i told you 1969 / MP3 USD $9.99 [0 bids]
78RPM Blues Wally Mercer TRUMPET 227 Too old to get married / If you don't / MP3 USD $29.99 [1 bids]
IF? - If - Scarce 1991 3 track CD USD $7.52 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Only if God Says Yes~~Yolanda Adams~~Christian World Soundtrack~CD~3 Key~NEW USD $8.99 Buy It Now 14h
Vintage 33 1/3 RPM Record Mama's and the Papa's "If Can Believe Eyes USD $10.00 Buy It Now 14h 43m
JELLO BIAFRA 3 CD SET IF EVOLUTION IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL EVOLVE SPOKEN USD $3.00 [0 bids]
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ USED,MINT CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existed USD $7.95 Buy It Now 15h 9m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD Solillaquists of Sound: As If We Existed USD $9.85 Buy It Now 15h 10m
Richad"Groove"Holmes=Soul/Jazz-7"45 rpm-If I Had A Hammer/1-2-3-Prestige#442-NM- USD $2.99 [0 bids]
"IF 3" Vintage Vinyl record album Classic Rock Capitol red near Mint Smas-820. USD $9.99 [0 bids]
112 - WHAT IF 3-TRACK U.S. PROMO DJ CD SINGLE CS290 # USD $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 26m
1976 Neil Diamond If You Know What I Mean / Street Life 3-10368 45 rpm NM Vinyl USD $3.25 Buy It Now 17h 35m
IF double diamond US ORIGINAL LP Metromedia BML1-0174 (A2/A3) MINT NM USD $31.50 Buy It Now 18h 41m
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD : If You See Her... USD $7.95 Buy It Now 19h 24m
JON SECADA IF YOU GO & SI TE VAS 3 TRACK PROMO CD SEALED USD $9.99 [0 bids]
If I Had A Hammer 3 CD set - 75 classic folk songs USD $18.98 Buy It Now 23h 18m
IF - IF 3 [4009910109724] - NEW CD USD $10.72 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM WILDE If I Can't Have You /You Keep Me Hangin' JAPAN 3" CD MVDM-39 Unsnapped USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
James Taylor - Your Smiling Face / If I Keep My Heart Out Of Sight - 3-10602 USD $7.77 [0 bids]
USD $10.25 Buy It Now
CHICAGO - 45 - 1976 - IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW / TOGETHER AGAIN - COLUMBIA 3-10390 USD $7.77 [0 bids]
USD $10.25 Buy It Now
Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now original 3 inch CD single USD $7.54 Buy It Now 1 day
LIVING IN A BOX if it's love you want cassette uk chrysalis 1987 3 track club mi USD $7.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Funk Gospel 45 - Friendly Four - If It Wasn't For The Lord - Champ - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
This Way Up ?- If I Can't Have You 3 inch sample cd USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
US Orig. FOUR SONICS/If It Wasn't for My Baby,There's.. RARE XOVER SOUL 45". mp3 USD $31.49 [21 bids]
3D VG Elvis Presley if I can dream RCA 447 0668 USD $1.25 [0 bids]
Black Gospel 45 - Mighty Spiritual Crusaders - If I Had A Hammer - Kat-Kain mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ USED,MINT CD Motion City Soundtrack: Even If It Kills USD $7.55 Buy It Now 1 day
3 1997 TOBY KEITH IF A MAN ANSWERS DOUBLE WIDE NEW 7" VINYL U.S. 45 RPM RECORD USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
OM lot of 3 12" singles KING KOOBA Fooling, If I Could USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Blues Gospel 45 - Mrs. Estella Perdue - If You Change Your Name - Private - mp3 USD $6.00 [0 bids]
Brownstone / If You Love Me / MJJJ Music 12" 33 1/3 # 49-77733 / VG+ Cond. USD $0.75 [0 bids]
CYPRESS HILL - Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em (CD, 2004, Columbia) RARE 3-TRACK PROMO USD $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RONAN KEATING - If Tomorrow Never Comes (UK 3 Tk Cassette Single) USD $3.75 Buy It Now 1 day
MICHAEL THOMPSON BAND - How Long+3 JAPAN W/OBI MEGARARE AOR MTB WHAT IF USD $11.50 [3 bids]
Funk Gospel 45 - Swan Silvertones - If You Believe Your God Is Dead - HOB - mp3 USD $42.98 [4 bids]
TRACY CHAPMAN Baby Can I Hold You, If Not Now RARE SEALED 3" Mini Single CD 1988 USD $7.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 3 BARENAKED LADIES PROMO CD'S - UNPLAYED - ALTER. GF, IF I HAD, GET IN .. USD $10.99 [0 bids]
RAY PRICE If You Ever Change Your Mind 45 Vinyl Record DEMO Columbia 3-10150 '75 USD $7.49 [0 bids]
USD $9.79 Buy It Now
Carol Burnett If I Could Write a Song Record LP 33 1/3 Vintage Vinyl USD $3.99 [0 bids]
USD $5.99 Buy It Now
Helloween "If I Could Fly" CD 3 Tracks Single "Deliver Us From Temptation" USD $1.50 [0 bids]
USD $2.00 Buy It Now
Whitney Houston George Michael If I Told You That 3 Track CD USD $9.99 [0 bids]
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD : Only If U Knew Explicit Lyrics USD $16.22 Buy It Now 2 days
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ USED,MINT CD : Only If U Knew Explicit Lyrics USD $13.43 Buy It Now 2 days
16 TAMBOURINES If I Should Stay 12" 3 Track B/w Same Old Story And Pokey Town P USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ASWAD If I Was 12" 3 Track B/w Fever And Day By Day Pic Sleeve UK Bubblin 1995 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet 12" 3 Track B/w If You Want To And Who Loves You Pic USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
ATLANTIC STARR If Your Heart Isnt In It 12" 3 Track B/w Stand Up And Let's Start USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
COLIN HAY BAND Into My Life 12" 3 Track B/w If You Want It All And Wayfaring Son USD $11.59 Buy It Now 2 days
BRENDA RUSSELL Gravity 12" 3 Track Remix B/w Dub Mix And If Only For One Night USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
COLIN JAMES If You Lean On Me 12" 3 Track Album Version B/w Radio Edit And Back USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
CHICO DEBARGE Talk To Me 12" 3 Track 12 Inch Version B/w Album Version And If It USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
BOBBY WOMACK Surprise Surprise 12" 3 Track Disco Mix B/w American Dream And If Y USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
DR HOOK A Little Bit More 12" 3 Track B/w Sylvia's Mother And If Not You Pic Sl USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
DIRK BLANCHART I Don't Mind If The Sputnik Lands 12" 3 Track 5 Mins Version B/w USD $9.03 Buy It Now 2 days
DAVID BELLAMY Some Things Must Change 12" 3 Track Acid Underground B/w What If S USD $7.93 Buy It Now 2 days
GEORGE MCCRAE One Step Closer 12" 3 Track B/w If It Wasn't For You And Never To USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
GILROY SIDDEN If We Can't Be Lovers 12" 3 Track But Has Name Written On Label B/ USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? Everything And More 12" 3 Track Featuring Leftfield Vocal Mix, Leftfield Ra USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? Everything And More 12" 3 Track Promo Featuring Leftfield Vocal Mix, Leftfi USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? If 12" 3 Track Never Say Die Mix B/w 21st Century Dub Mix And Off With Thei USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HALO JAMES Wanted 12" 3 Track B/w Worlds Apart And If Tomorrow Ever Comes Around USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
IF ? Open Up Your Head 12" 3 Track Featuring Vocalfield Mix, Trancefield Dub Mix USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HURRAH If Love Could Kill 12" 3 Track Pic Sleeve UK Kitchenware 1986 USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HALL AND OATES Everything Your Heart Desires 12" 3 Track Featuring If You Want T USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HALL AND OATES Everything Your Heart Desires 12" 3 Track If You Want The World E USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
JAMIROQUAI Emergency On Planet Earth 12" 3 Track Extended Version B/w If I Like USD $17.13 Buy It Now 2 days
LAST FEW DAYS Too Much Is Not Enough 12" 3 Track B/w Solemn Warnings And If The USD $14.96 Buy It Now 2 days
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" 3 Track B/w If You're Happy & Bean Phaidin Pic USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" 3 Track Promo B/w If You're Happy And Bean Phaid USD $7.90 Buy It Now 2 days
LP 2 ~ USD $18.44
CD if 2 ~ USD $13.56
CD if 3 ~ USD $13.56
CD if4 ~ USD $14.74

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Send comments to mystic fred (BETA) | Report this review (#132958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#169644) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"