IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 3If 3
2004
Three by IF (2007)Three by IF (2007)
Body Heat
MANIC STREET PREACHERS " IF YOU TOLERATE THIS ..." CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS EXCELLENT USD $3.10 Buy It Now 4h 9m
*(RF3) Olivia Newton John If Not For You UK 7" 45 single EX++ Top Condition USD $11.68 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Zia Records "Honk If You 3 Vinyl" Bumper Sticker 3x12 RSD Love Vinyl USD $4.00 Buy It Now 5h 37m
Hoobastank IF I WERE YOU RARE JAPAN PROMO 3 TRACK CD SINGLE USD $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Spiller ft Sophie Ellis-Bexter Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) 3 versions CD Sgl USD $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 22m
Kate Winslet - What If (2001 CD Single) 3 Trax+Vid. Soundtrack/Pop/Theme/Vocal USD $3.50 Buy It Now 7h 26m
BILL WITHERS - If I Didn't mean you well EX 45,1976 PROMO dj Columbia 3-10420 USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 46m
bobby darin atcomono 8136 if i were a carpenter in shrink,NM 3-color lbl. USD $38.00 Buy It Now 8h 5m
CELINE DION 3 SEALED CASSETTES UNISON THE FRENCH ALBUM IF YOU ASKED ME TO USD $17.99 Buy It Now 8h 48m
The Mamas & The Papas If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears Dunhill Record 33 1/3 USD $4.49 Buy It Now 10h 9m
IF - If 3 (LP, Album, Gat) (1971,CP-80339) USD $20.00 [0 bids]
USD $32.00 Buy It Now
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ NEW CD If Hope Dies: Life in Ruin USD $12.78 Buy It Now 11h 16m
IF THIS WERE RADIO IT WOULD SOUND LIKE THE FUTURE (3 CD PROMO) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 12h 31m
If I'm Happy It Ends by Eddie Cohn CD EI3 USD $0.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
3 COLOURS RED if you ain't got a weapon you'll never get say Anthology 2 CD SEAL USD $39.99 Buy It Now 14h 33m
R KELLY - IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME (3 track CD single) USD $3.04 Buy It Now 16h 15m
3dRose Just Remember if We Get Caught Im Deaf and You Dont Speak English - Trave USD $48.63 Buy It Now 16h 53m
#SHAKIN' STEVENS A little boogie woogie / If you're gonna cry 1987 epic Shaky.3 USD $2.73 Buy It Now 19h 18m
HANSON - If Only - CD Single - 2000 - 3 Tracks - Poster Insert USD $6.15 Buy It Now 20h 20m
28 IF(7" Vinyl)Far From Home-Diva Records-DIVA 3-UK-VG /Ex USD $40.99 Buy It Now 20h 27m
ASWAD If I Was 1995 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single EXCELLENT CONDITION USD $12.44 Buy It Now 20h 51m
KATE WINSLET What If 2001 GERMANY ONLY 3" CD single USD $20.00 Buy It Now 21h 25m
FIORUCCI You Can Get It If You Really Want CD SINGLE 3 trks USED *starcomed1 USD $1.28 Buy It Now 22h 44m
Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time - Scarce Three 3" Cd Single USD $10.89 Buy It Now 22h 45m
Babybird If You'll Be Mine 3 track CD Single USD $1.79 Buy It Now 23h 6m
Babybird If You'll Be Mine 3 track CD Single USD $1.71 Buy It Now 23h 13m
IF THIS IS HOUSE I WANT MY MONEY BACK 3, 0673795712023, Various Artists USD $18.42 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT PLANT UK 7" 33 1/3 EP IF I WERE A CARPENTER + 2 live cuts USD $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
FREE U.S.sh/$3 int'l sh ~ USED,MINT CD Sicx: If These Walls Could USD $22.05 Buy It Now 1 day
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY - If You Let Me Stay - 1987 UK 3-track 12" vinyl single USD $10.89 Buy It Now 1 day
3 THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY 45'S "UR ALWAYS ON MY MIND, IF YOU EVER GO, 24 HRS A DAY" USD $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Elvis Presley - If You Think I Don't Need You / + 3 more EP RCA EPA 4382 45 RPM USD $5.29 Buy It Now 1 day
AC/DC If You Want Blood LP 10 Track Matrix A3/b1 With Merch Sheet Sleeve Has A F USD $24.51 Buy It Now 1 day
FELDSPAR - If We're Still Together. rare UK 5 track CD (Buy 3 = Free P USD $1.54 [1 bids]
MINT CONDITION - IF YOU LOVE ME 3-TRACK U.S.PROMO DJ CD CS183 # USD $10.39 Buy It Now 1 day
Freddy Fender If You're Ever in Texas 33 1/3 USD $1.75 Buy It Now 1 day
SILK-IF YOU 3-VERSION PROMO CD C20 # USD $11.58 Buy It Now 1 day
FATS WALLER If You Got To Ask, You Ain't Got It 3 CD Box Set USD $29.95 Buy It Now 1 day
33RPM 3 Lang-Worth by Lenny Herman, In the Valley, If I Could Steal U, Mambo E- USD $14.95 Buy It Now 1 day
HEART IF LOOKS COULD KILL 33 1/3 VINYL LP RECORD CAPITOL 1985 WHAT ABOUT LOVE USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
(SUE WILKINSON - You Gotta Be A Hustler If You Wanna Get On)-L3-7 USD $6.56 Buy It Now 1 day
Chantal Kreviazuk - What If It All Means Japan CD+3 NEW USD $18.99 Buy It Now 1 day
HANSON IF ONLY CD SINGLE 3 TRACKS 1 VIDEO USD $2.32 [0 bids]
3 ACTION Don't Lose That Stealin' Feelin' 12" 4 Track Featuring If I Only Had Th USD $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
16 TAMBOURINES If I Should Stay 12" 3 Track B/w Same Old Story And Pokey Town P USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
CHICO DEBARGE Talk To Me 12" 3 Track 12 Inch Version B/w Album Version And If It USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ATLANTIC STARR If Your Heart Isnt In It 12" 3 Track B/w Stand Up And Let's Start USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
ALANNAH MYLES Black Velvet 12" 3 Track B/w If You Want To And Who Loves You Pic USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
ASWAD If I Was 12" 3 Track B/w Fever And Day By Day Pic Sleeve UK Bubblin 1995 USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
COLIN HAY BAND Into My Life 12" 3 Track B/w If You Want It All And Wayfaring Son USD $9.80 Buy It Now 1 day
BRENDA RUSSELL Gravity 12" 3 Track Remix B/w Dub Mix And If Only For One Night USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
COLIN JAMES If You Lean On Me 12" 3 Track Album Version B/w Radio Edit And Back USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
DIRK BLANCHART I Don't Mind If The Sputnik Lands 12" 3 Track 5 Mins Version B/w USD $2.34 Buy It Now 1 day
DAVID BELLAMY Some Things Must Change 12" 3 Track Acid Underground B/w What If S USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
GILROY SIDDEN If We Can't Be Lovers 12" 3 Track But Has Name Written On Label B/ USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL AND OATES Everything Your Heart Desires 12" 3 Track Featuring If You Want T USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
HALO JAMES Wanted 12" 3 Track B/w Worlds Apart And If Tomorrow Ever Comes Around USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
HALL AND OATES Everything Your Heart Desires 12" 3 Track If You Want The World E USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" 3 Track Featuring Leftfield Vocal Mix, Leftfield Ra USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? Everything And More 12" 3 Track Promo Featuring Leftfield Vocal Mix, Leftfi USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
IF ? If 12" 3 Track Never Say Die Mix B/w 21st Century Dub Mix And Off With Thei USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" 3 Track Promo B/w Acoustic Version, Purple Haze Li USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
JEFFREY OSBORNE If My Brother's In Trouble 12" 3 Track Club Mix B/w Extended Hip USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
KING OF THE HILL If I Say 12" 3 Track Special Limited Edition With Colour Poster USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" 3 Track B/w If You're Happy & Bean Phaidin Pic USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
HOTHOUSE FLOWERS Give It Up 12" 3 Track Promo B/w If You're Happy And Bean Phaid USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
LILAC TIME Girl Who Waves At Trains 12" 3 Track B/w If The Stars Shine Tonight A USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
HOW WE LIVE All The Time In The World 12" 3 Track I Don't Mind If You Don't Mix USD $26.15 Buy It Now 1 day
KIM APPLEBY If You Cared 12" 3 Track 12 Inch Remix B/w 12 Inch Ben Chapman Mix A USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
HURRAH If Love Could Kill 12" 3 Track Pic Sleeve UK Kitchenware 1986 USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
MIDGE URE If I Was 12" 3 Track Extended Mix B/w Piano And The Man Who Sold The W USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
MINI CURRY If They Only Knew 12" 3 Track Vocal, Instrumental And Vocal Extended USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ONE THOUSAND VIOLINS If I Were A Bullet 12" 3 Track B/w Poet And Almost Dead And USD $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
NONA HENDRYX If Looks Could Kill 12" 3 Track Killer Club Mix B/w Killer Dub Mix USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW EDITION If It Isn't Love 12" 3 Track Extended Version B/w Instrumental And D USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
O'CHI BROWN Why Can't We Be Friends 12" 3 Track B/w Dub Mix And If I'm Crying P USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
PARACHUTE MEN If I Could Wear Your Jacket 12" 3 Track With Limited Postcard B/w USD $11.43 Buy It Now 1 day
PRUDES Never Penetrate 12" 3 Track B/w Factotum And If You Think You're Free Pi USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
PAULINE HENRY If I Can't Have You 12" 3 Track Kupper Classic Mix B/w Stoneys Clu USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT BROOKINS If You Only Knew 12" 3 Track Pic Sleeve UK Mca 1987 USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
RUBY TURNER WITH JONATHAN BUTLER If You're Ready 12" 3 Track Ep B/w Still On My USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY Money 12" 3 Track Still Sealed In Limited Metallic Sleeve B/w If You Want I USD $9.33 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY Money 12" 3 Track Limited Metallic Sleeve B/w If You Want It And Make USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY Money 12" 3 Track Limited Metallic Sleeve B/w If You Want It And Make My Da USD $3.11 Buy It Now 1 day
SIMPLY RED If You Don't Know Me By Now 12" 3 Track B/w Move On Out Live And Shin USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY Money 12" 3 Track Promo B/w If You Want It And Make My Day Creasing To Lab USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
VICTORIA WILSON JAMES I Want You In My Movie 12" 3 Track B/w If You Ever Change USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
SHY Money 12" 3 Track Still Sealed In Limited Metallic Sleeve B/w If You W USD $13.07 Buy It Now 1 day
TRUE LIFE CONFESSIONS Don't Call Me Chickenhead 12" 3 Track B/w If I Can't Have USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
SOUL FAMILY SENSATION I Don't Even Know If I Should Call You Baby 12" 3 Track Da USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
WIRE TRAIN Should She Cry 12" 3 Track B/w If You See Her Go And Moonlight Dream USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
VENDETTA If You Want My Love 12" 3 Track Extended Version Limited Edition B/w Si USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
SQUEEZE If It's Love 12" 3 Track B/w Franks Bag And Vanity Fair Some Ringwear P USD $3.89 Buy It Now 1 day
STYLO PHONIC If Everybody In The World Loved Everybody In The World 12" 3 Track USD $7.77 Buy It Now 1 day
DIANA ROSS Japan 3 inch CD,IF WE HOLD ON TOGETHER from "The Land Before Time" USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Spiller ft Sophie Ellis-Bexter Groovejet (If This Ain't Love) 3 versions CD Sgl USD $4.66 Buy It Now 1 day
ROBERT JOHN *IF YOU DON'T WANT MY LOVE* 3-PRONG CENTRE USD $1.48 [1 bids]
ROBYN HITCHCOCK If You Were A Priest + 3 12" UK pressing Soft Boys USD $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SQUEEZE If I Didn't Love You b/w Another Nail Mini 5" Single 33-1/3 Picture Slv USD $4.50 [0 bids]
VINTAGE SIZZLE SHARI 33 1/3 RECORD PICTURE STOP IF YOU WANT MY LOVIN USD $7.77 [1 bids]

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"