IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

Buy IF If 3 Music

If 3If 3
Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
$10.93
If by IF (2014-08-03)If by IF (2014-08-03)
Imports
$31.50
If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)If 5 by IF (2016-08-03)
Imports
$24.08
If2 by If (2006-03-13)If2 by If (2006-03-13)
Repertoire
$93.84
3 by If3 by If
Repertoire Records
$63.36

Sting : If I Ever Lose My Faith -3 inch cd single 1992 Japanese Import USD $14.99 [0 bids]
CELINE DION CD Falling Into You 3 Track If That's / The Colour 1996 USD $3.76 Buy It Now 3h 31m
ABBA Agnetha Faltskog IF I THOUGHT YOU... ALMIGHTY MIXES Euro 3-trk CD WEA375CD2 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 3h 36m
AA.VV. 3 CD Los Cuarenta 40 Summer 2013 / S.A.I.F.A.M. ?Sigillato 8032484089464 USD $8.75 Buy It Now 4h 29m
FATS WALLER - If You Got To Ask You Ain't Got It - 3 CD - Box Set Original Mint USD $58.49 Buy It Now 4h 52m
If-3 CD NEW USD $18.12 Buy It Now 5h 25m
Richard Groove Holmes JAZZ ORGAN 45 1-2-3 / If I Had a USD $11.98 Buy It Now 8h 25m
Sean Dunphy if Coul choose +3 Spain EP Vinyl 1967 NM Eurovision Ireland Irish USD $64.65 Buy It Now 9h 12m
CHICAGO: "IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW" / "TOGETHER AGAIN" 1976 45 RPM #3-10390 NEAR MINT USD $8.95 Buy It Now 9h 26m
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - If You Tolerate This.. 3 track CD single Mixes USD $0.13 [0 bids]
If 3 by If. USD $13.93 Buy It Now 11h 22m
Atomic kitten If you come to me Feels so good 3 track + video 2003 CD single USD $0.62 [0 bids]
1976 VG RARE Chicago (2) If You Leave Me Now 3-10390 TOGETHER AGAIN 45 USD $2.96 Buy It Now 12h 5m
Lot X3 Kay Starr 45 If Anyone Finds This My Heart Reminds Me Touch and Go Ex NM USD $5.96 Buy It Now 12h 33m
BOBBY RYDELL EP Spain 1963 If I had a hammer +3 USD $14.00 Buy It Now 12h 46m
Antologia Del cante flamenco 10" 3 LP set Spain Hispa Vox BARELY USED IF AT ALL USD $7.99 [0 bids]
(IF432) 3rd Edge, Know You Wanna - 2002 CD USD $3.81 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Florist IF BLUE COULD BE HAPPINESS +MP3s LIMITED New Clear Vinyl Record LP USD $17.99 Buy It Now 15h 9m
DODGY - IF YOU'RE THINKING OF ME - 1996 UK 3 TRACK CD SINGLE USD $2.23 Buy It Now 15h 48m
Suga Free: On My Way PROMO MUSIC AUDIO CD If U Stay Ready DJ Quik Remix 3 tracks USD $35.99 Buy It Now 16h 5m
BILL RYDER-JONES - IF...(VINYL+MP3) VINYL LP NEW+ USD $29.28 Buy It Now 16h 31m
JELLO BIAFRA If Evolution Is Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Evolve 3-CDs 1998 L NU USD $14.99 Buy It Now 21h
KYLIE MINOGUE - IF YOU WERE WITH ME NOW 3 TRACKS RARE UK KEITH WASHINGTON USD $7.95 Buy It Now 23h 28m
Fire Emblem if Fates 3DS ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Japan Game Music 7 CD Box Set NEW USD $75.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Kate Bush Hounds If Love / The Ninth Wave LP Buy 5 LPs For 3.99 Postage (UK) USD $11.45 Buy It Now 1 day
IF MUSIC PRESENTS " EASTERN EUROPEAN SOUNDS 70-86 IF 3.0 " BRAND NEW USD $1.26 [1 bids]
FIVE - GREATEST HITS + KEEP MOVING + IF YA GETTIN DOWN 3 X CD USD $3.81 Buy It Now 1 day
Tanzhits 3 C 062-29481 Clair Manana Vinyl If You Could Read My Mind Record USD $32.90 Buy It Now 1 day
SHERYL CROW - ALL I WANNA DO + HARD TO MAKE + IF IT MAKES YOU 3 X CD SINGLE USD $5.08 Buy It Now 1 day
MN8 - If You Only Let Me In - 1995 UK Import 12" Vinyl 3 mixes RnB - EX/NM USD $8.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Sly Boogy & Jagged Edge - If You Got Crew 12" Promo 33 1/3 Single Record USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SUE WILKINSON 'YOU GOTTA BE A HUSTLER IF YOU WANNA GET ON' UK 7" SINGLE #3 USD $1.26 Buy It Now 1 day
ELVIS PRESLEY- IF EVERY DAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS POP-UP 3-D GATEFOLD CD GRACELAND USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
living colour rare if u <3 vernon reid muzz skillings will calhoun corey glover USD $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Vintage ELVIS PRESLEY- If Every Day Was Like Christmas CD w/3DPop Up Scene 1994 USD $17.99 [0 bids]
IF 3 Vinyl LP Capitol Records, 1971, SMAS-820, IF3 VG Prog Rock Fusion 70s USD $13.49 Buy It Now 1 day
3 - If CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping! USD $23.17 Buy It Now 1 day
If 3 - If Compact Disc Free Shipping! USD $17.63 Buy It Now 1 day
WET WET WET If I never see you again 3TRX MIX & ACOUSTIC USA PROMO DJ CD single USD $34.99 Buy It Now 1 day
If - This Is If GER LP /3* USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Phil Collins EP - If Leaving Me Is Easy & 3 more - 7" - 33RPM - PLAYED 2x!! USD $11.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Belle & Sebastian IF YOU'RE FEELING SINISTER +MP3s Gatefold MATADOR New Vinyl LP USD $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage Acts 2&3 - 2x12" - 33RPM - PLAYED 1x if that!!! USD $64.50 Buy It Now 1 day
REBA McENTIRE...WHAT IF IT'S YOU Classic Country CD 3M USD $5.69 Buy It Now 1 day
If. If 3. NM- Prog Rock LP USD $7.00 [1 bids]
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now 7" VG+ 3-10390 Vinyl 45 Promo 1976 USD $5.25 Buy It Now 1 day
3rd Storee - If Ever - 12" vinyl USD $12.67 [0 bids]
DENA - IF IT'S WRITTEN DOWNLOADCODE VINYL LP + MP3 NEW+ USD $32.22 Buy It Now 1 day
? VG+ Jesse Boone "If I Ever Fall In Love / Got To Get Back" 45 Albradella Mp3 USD $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
KORGIS If I Had You 7" VINYL UK Rialto 1979 3 Track B/W Chinese Girl EX USD $2.53 [0 bids]
1976 Pure Prairie League LP Vinyl Album If The Shoe Fits MS3 USD $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
Blake Shelton - If I'm Honest CD Lenticular 3D Cover Cracked Case NEW SEALED USD $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Lot 3 Clay Walker Cd's : Hypnotize the Moon, Live Laugh Love, If I Could Make a USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
H.I.F. Biber: Arminio (CD, Apr-1995, 3 Discs, CPO) Classical Germany CD USD $15.00 Buy It Now 1 day
DNTEL - Early Works For Me If It Works For You Ii - 3 CD - Box Set USD $24.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Cher If I Could Turn Back Time 3" CD Single Very Good Condition Bargain USD $3.81 [0 bids]
GLORIA ESTEFAN CD If We Were Lovers / Con Los UK 3 Track 1993 Single UNPLAYED USD $2.48 Buy It Now 2 days
KT Tunstall - If only (2008) 3 Track Promo CD USD $1.26 [0 bids]
If 3, 4009910109724 USD $14.38 Buy It Now 2 days
The Korgis - If Its Alright With You Baby TREB 118 7" single *3 for 1 on postage USD $2.53 Buy It Now 2 days
HARD TO FIND DOO WOP 45 FASCINATIONS IF YOU LOVE ME +3 EP ON MAGIC CARPET VG+ USD $14.25 Buy It Now 2 days
If 3 (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $14.57 Buy It Now 2 days
Grateful Dead - Pacific Northwest '73-'74: Believe It If You Need It. 3 CD NEW USD $17.82 Buy It Now 2 days
TOM SCOTT night creatures IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONE FOR ME bluestreak 3 CD's USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Dwayne Wiggins TONY TONI TONE If I had no Lot 3TRX PROMO DJ CD single 1993 USA USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RARE PROMO Shomari CASSETTE TAPE If You Feel the Need r&b instrumental ONE II 3 USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
IF I WANTED TO by MELISSA ETHERIDGE-Rare Collectible 3-track CD-I'm The Only One USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
3RD STOREE If Ever RADIO version & INSTRUMENTAL & AUDIO BIO PROMO DJ CD single USD $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
The Dandy Warhols: Not If You Were The Last Junkie.. (Deleted 3 track CD Single) USD $2.02 Buy It Now 2 days
If 3 (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $13.13 Buy It Now 2 days
HANK COCHRAN: JUST FOR THE RECORD / IF SHE COULD rare GAYLORD dj COUNTRY 45 mp3 USD $25.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Fresh Air - Detroit Soul Luv 45 RPM - If You Don't Want My Love/ Julia B3 USD $57.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Nasir Jones 3 TRK CD Single I Can, If I Ruled The World and Street Dreams USD $2.55 [0 bids]
TED NUGENT Loaded for Bear FULL BLUNTAL NUGITY If you can't lick 'em 3 CD's USD $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LIVERPOOL FIVE: If You Gotta Go, Go Now +3 45 (Spain, EP w/ PC laminated 'back USD $175.00 Buy It Now 2 days
78RPM 3 Ken Griffin on Rondo, Little Brown Jug, Sigma Chi, Doodle Doo Do, If wV USD $9.81 Buy It Now 2 days
JON SECADA and SHANICE Japan 1991 Tall 3" inch CD Single IF I NEVER KNEW YOU USD $49.99 Buy It Now 2 days
JENNIFER HUDSON - IF THIS ISN'T LOVE - US Promo 3 Tracks Cd Single - MINT! USD $16.70 Buy It Now 2 days
THE SMITHS STOP ME IF YOU THINK A3 REPRO PRINT POSTER UNFRAMED HQ 216GSM MATTE USD $20.71 Buy It Now 2 days
FRANK SINATRA LEARNIN' THE BLUES IF I HAD 3 WISHES CAPITOL RECORDS GERMANY -VG USD $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Jars of Clay Triple Feature: Self Titled/Much Afraid/If I Left The Zoo (3 CDs) USD $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Caravan - If I Could Do It All Over Again...(180g Vinyl LP), Decca / 375 069-3 USD $95.00 Buy It Now 2 days
3RD STOREE If Ever 3 Tracks Babyface R&B 1998 Promo CD USD $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
LITTLE JOE BLUE If You Love Me Like You Say 45 Ronn Rec. 118 US NM- REISS R USD $11.19 Buy It Now 2 days
WORLD WAR 3 - IF THE BOMB FALLS * RARE SOUL FUNK 7" 45 USD $34.57 Buy It Now 2 days
(MMBK11) FRAMED POSTER ADVERT (A3 16X12") SIMPLY RED IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW USD $45.83 Buy It Now 3 days
(MMBK11) POSTER ADVERT (A3 16X12") SIMPLY RED IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW USD $25.46 Buy It Now 3 days
(MMBK9) ADVERT (A3 16X12") STING : IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE SET THEM FREE USD $25.46 Buy It Now 3 days
(MMBK9) FRAMED ADVERT (A3 16X12") STING : IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE SET THEM FREE USD $45.83 Buy It Now 3 days
3 x Genesis Phil Collins 45s Misunderstanding Duchess If Leaving Me Is Easy USD $7.63 Buy It Now 3 days
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - IF YOU CAN TOLERATE THIS - 3 TRACK UK CD SINGLE USD $2.23 [0 bids]
THE BLUETONES 'IF.' 3-TRACK CD SINGLE USD $3.81 Buy It Now 3 days
GIBSON BROTHERS CUBA, QUE SERA MI VIDA, IF YOU SHOULD GO, MARIANA 3x 7" EX USD $8.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Tom Vek - If You Want - 3 Track USD $5.08 Buy It Now 3 days
GEORGE STRAIT-STRAIT OUT OF THE BOX CD 3 ONLY (BABY BLUE/ACE IN THE HOLE/I USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Charley Pride Best If The Best Country Hall Of Fame 2000 Cd 3P USD $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name GER LP 1971 FOC /3* USD $37.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Rolling Stones - Got Live If You Want It! Europe LP /3* USD $35.99 Buy It Now 3 days
3 used MERLE HAGGARD CDs LOT ~ If I Could Only Fly,Best Of ... CLASSIC COUNTRY USD $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
FREE US SHIP. on ANY 3+ CDs! USED,MINT CD Chantal Kreviazuk: What If It All Mean USD $3.00 Buy It Now 3 days

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 9, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"