IF 3

Dick Morrissey - Saxophones, Flute
Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar

LP UNITED ARTISTS UAG29158 (UK) (1971)
LP CAPITOL SMAS820 (US) (1971)
CD REPERTOIRE (2007)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to bsurmano for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF If 3 Music

Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
Double DiamondDouble Diamond
Relics 2010
Elvis Presley 45 w/ps EDGE OF REALITY / IF I CAN DREAM ~ VG++ US $7.00 Buy It Now 31m 19s
Paul Peek - If / Shortnin' 45 Ex! Rockabilly US $8.00 Buy It Now 31m 36s
JOHN SWAN ( SWANEE ) - HAVE A LITTLE FAITH CD ~ IF I WERE A CARPENTER ++ *NEW* US $10.18 Buy It Now 34m 36s
BOBBY COLTON IF YOU SAY GOODBYE / SOMEWHERE 60`S VINYL SINGLE DOT 45 15049 US $2.27 Buy It Now 36m 3s
Loretta Lynn - I Lie / If I Ain't Got It You Don't Need It 45 1981 VG / VG+ US $1.29 Buy It Now 43m 44s
Morrissey Download Code for World Peace Is None if Your Business Deluxe Album US $5.00 [0 bids]
44m 37s
45rpm~GILL,Vince~When Love Finds You/If I Had My Way?MCAS7-54937?Vinyl Record?VG US $24.00 Buy It Now 46m 38s
You Might Be a Redneck If... by Jeff Foxworthy CD New US $3.99 Buy It Now 54m
THE ROLLING STONES - GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT IT! 12" VINYL RECORD US $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 26s
IF A TREE FALLS: Various Artists: CD NEW US $13.53 Buy It Now 55m 36s
DON VARNER: That's All Right / I Can If You Can 45 (dj, soul flip) rare Funk US $55.00 Buy It Now 59m 40s
JOHNNY RIVERS IF YOU WANT IT, I GOT IT 1970 REVISED 8 TRACK TESTED US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h
What If by Kane (CD, Apr-2005, RCA Victor) - CD US $6.51 Buy It Now 1h 8m
TIM MALCHAK 1989 UNIVERSAL PROMO 7" IF YOU HAD A HEART VG++ US $1.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
LINDA CLIFFORD If My Friends Could See Me Now CURTOM LP 1978 Soul Curt MAYFIELD US $19.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
TIMBALAND featuring KATY PERRY "If We Ever Meet Again" RARE PROMO CD SINGLE USA US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
EMOTIONS: If You Think It / Love Ain't Easy Onesided 45 Soul US $15.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
ANDY LAU If One Day HDCD 10xCover photos Hong Kong 2003 Catchy cantopop US $6.51 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now -1983 Cassette US $1.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
JANET JACKSON IF 12" 1993 PICTURE COVER US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 50m
MENTAL AS ANYTHING, IF YOU LEAVE ME CAN I COME TOO?, 1981 7" 45rpm OZ RECORD US $4.51 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Doo Wop 78 Rpm Record The Four Aces If You Take My Heart Away / You Fooled Me US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 58m
MINT/M- ORIGINAL PRESSING 45~JIMI HENDRIX~STONE FREE/ IF 6 WAS 9~~W/Sleeve~~HEAR US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 15m
VINYL 7" SINGLE - IF I ONLY HAD TIME - JOHN ROWLES - MU100 US $11.41 Buy It Now 2h 16m
LONGDANCER"IF IT WAS SO SIMPLE"/"SILENT EMOTIONS"1973 SINGLE ON ROCKET US $3.25 [0 bids]
The AMES BROTHERS - If You Wanna See Mamie Tonight RCA VICTOR 78rpm US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 33m
Drop The Lime & Machine Drum ?- If Yu Know Yu Cockie Bruck Dung. 12" Inch Vinyl US $9.79 [0 bids]
GORDON LIGHTFOOT if you could read my mind LP 11 track a1/b1 matrix light edge US $9.21 Buy It Now 2h 36m
GRAHAM PARKER AND THE RUMOUR it don't mean a thing if you ain't got that swing L US $8.15 Buy It Now 2h 38m
ROD McKUEN SEASONS IN THE SUN INCL TITLE TRACK AND IF YOU GO AWAY VINYL LP US $9.78 Buy It Now 2h 43m
45 RPM Record IF I DIDN'T CARE AND TOWARD END OF DAY BY CONNIE FRANCIS US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 44m
FATS DOMINO Country Boy / If You Need Me 1960 OZ 45 US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
HUEY LEWIS best HITS cd POWER OF LOVE heart rock n roll NEW DRUG if this is it US $9.99 [0 bids]
TELLY SAVALAS 7" SINGLE IF 1974 US $1.62 [0 bids]
MARAH ~ If You Didn't Laugh You'd Cry ~ CD Album ~ VGC! US $7.69 Buy It Now 2h 50m
BARBRA STREISAND cd THE BROADWAY ALBUM if I Loved You SOMEWHERE love you porgy US $7.99 [0 bids]
ATLANTIC STARR-If Your Heart Isn't In It/Let's Start It Over UK 7" EX Cond US $4.88 Buy It Now 2h 59m
"If You Need Love" Josh Rawiri *LIKE NEW* 2008 Australian Artist; CD US $22.57 Buy It Now 3h
HARRY SECOMBE if i ruled the world LP 10 track (6870501) uk contour 1966 US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h
DIANA ROSS-If We Hold On Together/Chain Reaction UK 7" EX Cond US $4.88 Buy It Now 3h
Only The Loot Can Make Me Happy / When A Woman's Fed Up / I Can't Sleep Baby (If US $4.44 Buy It Now 3h 2m
TERENCE TRENT D'ARBY-If You Let Me Stay UK 7" EX Cond US $4.88 Buy It Now 3h 7m
LONGDANCER - "If It Was So Simple" LP 1973 1st US PROMO GATEFOLD (Dave Stewart) US $25.88 Buy It Now 3h 13m
A FLOCK OF SEAGULLS ~ Wishing {If I Had A Photograph Of You} ~ 12" Single PS US $11.41 Buy It Now 3h 13m
IF I REMEMBER BRS 3511 RARE PROO R'NG MIX+DJ KUTT 12 INCH SINGLE VINYL VG/VG 15 US $13.04 Buy It Now 3h 18m
THAT OLD BLACK MAGIC /IF I CARED A LITTLE BIT LESS HORACE HEIDT 78RPM 10" J32 US $3.99 [0 bids]
Rod Stewart - If We Fall in Love Tonight (2007) 27AL US $7.33 Buy It Now 3h 31m
HOLLYWOOD BEYOND if LP 10 track with inner (wx77) german wea 1987 US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 32m
HOLLYWOOD BEYOND if LP 10 track with inner but sleeve has deletion cut (125620) US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 32m
HOLLYWOOD BEYOND if LP 10 track with inner in stickered sleeve (wx77) german wea US $8.15 Buy It Now 3h 32m
GLORIA DEHAVEN "I See A Million People"/"If I Were A Blackbird" 78rpm 10" EX/NM US $18.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, If I had a gun, NEW/MINT UK 7" vinyl single US $31.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
If You Want Me To - The Best Of Ginny O by Ginny Owens like New US $3.57 Buy It Now 3h 38m
Sting If On A Winter's Night... CD NEW Gabriel's Message Soul Cake Balulalow US $24.38 Buy It Now 3h 39m
Love And Rockets If Theres A Heaven Uk 12" US $6.99 Buy It Now 3h 41m
If We're Honest - Battistelli,Frances US $14.51 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Eartha Kitt "If I Can Take It With Me When I Go" 1958 RCA vinyl, excellent. US $3.25 [0 bids]
, What If Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 50m
Crystal Waters Say... If You Feel Alright 2 Trk CD PROMO US $3.25 Buy It Now 3h 56m
Daniel If you leave me now CD Promo Single US $5.45 Buy It Now 3h 58m
East 17 Featuring Gabrielle If You Ever CD Single 1996 US $1.62 [0 bids]
ICICLE WORKS if you want to defeat your enemy sing his US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 4m
ICICLE WORKS if you want to defeat your enemy sing his song LP 10 track wit US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 4m
If You're Not The One, Daniel Bedingfield, Good Single US $4.44 Buy It Now 4h 5m
IF IT WAS'NAE FOR YOUR WELLIES various LP 11 track (xtra1144) uk xtra 1974 US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 5m
IF YOU JUST TUNED IN live mean fiddler acoustic room compilation LP 12 track wi US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 6m
If You Ever [CD 1], Gabrielle, East 17, Good Maxi, Single US $4.44 Buy It Now 4h 6m
HARRY SECOMBE if i ruled the world 7" look into your heart bf1261 uk phillips US $11.74 Buy It Now 4h 18m
Mindy Mccready : If I Dont Stay the Night CD US $6.00 Buy It Now 4h 27m
CELINE DION Rare UK 1992 CD Single IF YOU ASKED ME TO MINT US $16.31 Buy It Now 4h 30m
IVAN NEVILLE if my ancesters could see me now LP 10 track with inner but sleeve US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 36m
If You're Thinking of Me, Dodgy, Good Single US $4.44 Buy It Now 4h 36m
JOHN ROWLES: ONE DAY + IF I ONLY HAD TIME, SPANISH FIRST ISSUE UNIQUE P/S US $11.00 [0 bids]
Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love JAPAN CD #AD03 US $1.99 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Harold Melvin - If You Dont Know Me By Now 7" Sgl 1972 US $13.06 Buy It Now 4h 39m
BRENT CASH How Will I Know If I'm Awake CD (New) US $17.18 Buy It Now 4h 39m
J J WORTHINGTON if i should touch you LP 12 track but sleeve has o US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 44m
J J WORTHINGTON if i should touch you LP 12 track stereo pressing blue/silver la US $8.15 Buy It Now 4h 44m
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF YOU TALK IN YOUR SLEEP 7'' single YUGOSLAVIA US $12.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Midge Ure 7" 45 Oz Vinyl Single - If I Was US $7.24 Buy It Now 4h 49m
BOBBY REED "THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR LOVE c/w IF I DON'T LOVE YOU" KILLER LISTEN! US $16.31 Buy It Now 4h 50m
stu stevens - if i heard you call my name - 7" vinyl single US $13.04 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Ingram Luther - If Loving You Is Wrong I Dont Want To Be Right CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 5h 4m
Olivia Newton-John-If Not For You/The Biggest Clown-UNI 55281 VG 45 US $4.99 [0 bids]
IF YOU`RE READY / VARIOUS-Best Of Dunwich - Volume 2 CD NEW US $18.14 Buy It Now 5h 15m
Louis 'Mr. Bo' Collins - If Trouble Was Money [CD New] US $15.98 Buy It Now 5h 23m
TERENCE TRENT DARBY, If You Let Me Stay, 7" Vinyl Record, 1987, VG US $1.63 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Grace-Hassell-If I Could Fly(CD, Mar-1997,Warner Bros.) US $7.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Counting Crows If I Could Give All My Love Rare Australian Enhanced CD Single US $12.21 Buy It Now 5h 25m
??? ORIGINAL pressed /hong kong pop/teresa carpio/IF/cantonese album 1983 lp US $48.00 Buy It Now 5h 26m
Crests- Journey of Love/If My Heart Could- Collectables 1124 VG+ 45 US $2.99 [0 bids]
SCOTT FITZGERALD & YVONNE KEELEY - If i had words - 1977 UK 7" Vinyl Single US $7.75 Buy It Now 5h 31m
SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD - If Only I Could - Original 1989 UK Circa label 3-track 12" US $9.29 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Manic Street Preachers If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next CD Single US $4.88 Buy It Now 5h 34m
River series ft Alex Charles-If you leave me now-12" Promo single US $8.15 Buy It Now 5h 35m
Chris Doran If My World Stopped Turning CD Irish Eurovision 2004 US $12.99 Buy It Now 5h 37m
R.E.M.,SHAWN MULLINS,TRINKET,New CD,Got Live (If You Want It) US $6.99 Buy It Now 5h 44m
IF I KNEW YOU WERE.. I'D 'VE BAKED A CAKE sheet music US $19.59 Buy It Now 5h 44m
HARRY CHAPIN 7"Single- If You Want To Feel (EX+) US $11.41 Buy It Now 5h 45m
Tommy Conway & Young Rumblers "If We Never Meet Again" 45rpm Columbia 38-08505 US $4.50 [0 bids]

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF If 3 ratings distribution

IF If 3 reviews

Review by mystic fred
4 stars On The band's third album the songwriting is much more commercial, and the same excellent musicianship remains.

The album kicks off with some Chicago sounding brass and Tull style flute playing on the brilliant seven-minute instrumental "Fibonacci's Number", which includes a nice jazzy drum break, followed by one of their best songs "Forgotten Roads" - a compilation CD was released bearing this title as this is one of their best songs; it has a Focus sounding intro, breaking into a catchy chorus "forgotten roads, forgotten people.". The song includes some fine playing including a very fast jazz guitar solo. The beautifully haunting ballad "Sweet January" follows, another very well written song with a good bass line and sax solo, and the marvellously catchy "Child of Storm", closing side 1 with a crash of thunder! "Far Beyond" with its lush backing vocals opens side 2, followed by the strangely titled "Seldom Seen Sam", a quirky musical highlight. The next track "Upstairs" is a rather heavier affair in places reminiscent of Purple's "Chasing Shadows". The last song "Here Comes Mister Time", another album highlight, featuring some clever guitar soloing from Terry Smith.

Though a much more commercial approach from the band on this album with more pop-orientated material, the excellent musicianship remains as strong on previous albums, essential jazz-rock.

Send comments to mystic fred (BETA) | Report this review (#132958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, August 13, 2007

Review by Sean Trane
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Folk
3 stars Unchanged line-up for this septet that released their third album in early , but on a different label called United Artist, thus abandoning one of the proggiest of labels, Islands, although the recording sessions took place at Islands Studios. With another gatefold sleeve, this time emphasising the UA logo on the back cover, 3 features all original compositions although, strangely enough, they used an outside lyricist for most tracks: Trevor Preston, already seen on one track of their second album.

Starting on the enthralling instrumental Fibonacci's Number, the album gets a really strong start, with the following Forgotten Roads, which was to prove their biggest hits (most notably in Germany). Both tracks are still much in the CTA or BS&T style, although the next Sweet January takes on a more soulish tone in the BS&T and Electric Flag style, even if the flute brings a noble touch. Child Of Storm returns to a better RnB with some excellent jazzy solos, most notably Morissey's awesome alto sax, the track ending in a great thunderbolt.

The flipside gets a Lighthouse-like start (yes, Skip Prokop's Canadian brass rock group Lighthouse) with the cheesy (mostly due to the chorus) Far Beyond (the flipside of the Forgotten road single, both tracks included as pointless bonus here), Seldom Seen Sam is returning to amore comfy RnB with some rather expert soloing from Mealing's electric piano, but Smith's twang-ey closing guitar parts are just not cutting it. The following Upstairs uses a cool organ and massive horn section answering lines. The closing Mr Time uses some more organ moans, this time in a Dave Greenslade and Rod Argent manner with Steve Smith's guitar getting an extra notice, and develops from a slow start with some clever chord changes; it would be one of the album's best track but vocally the track is just average.

As mentioned above, the bonus tracks are a pointless bonus, but 3 remains among the group's best works, and certainly the last of their better ones, 4 being a weird release, sometimes as a studio album, sometimes as a live album, depending which country you were in. So, if you like If's early stuff, this one should be absolutely no problems either.

Send comments to Sean Trane (BETA) | Report this review (#169644) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, May 03, 2008

5 stars With the abundance of new Prog releases it's easy to forget about groundbreaking works of Jazz-Rock pioneers from the early 70's. Especially when a younger generation were not even born at that time. This piece is intended to bring attention to this generally excellent work of this band from ... (read more)

Report this review (#1189827) | Posted by Anon-E-Mouse | Monday, June 09, 2014 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF "If 3"