WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
What Did I Say About TWhat Did I Say About T
Repertoire 2008
2 Pac - I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto ~ ORIGINAL SEALED 12" Single US $5.99 Buy It Now 30m 22s
LEROY VAN DYKE A BROKEN PROMISE/IF A WOMAN ANSWERS 45 RPM MERCURY 71926 US $4.98 Buy It Now 37m 1s
CARMEN McRAE: Skyliner/ If You Should Leave Me NM ORIGINAL Female Jazz Vocal 45 US $11.99 Buy It Now 38m 1s
ELVIS PRESLEY: If You Talk In Your Sleep/ Help Me NM CANADA ORIGINAL 45 7" US $8.99 Buy It Now 38m 35s
RAZZY BAILEY If Love Had A Face Vinyl Lp SEALED US $10.80 Buy It Now 47m 41s
Best Of: If There's Love by Amant US $7.39 Buy It Now 49m 5s
Krayzie Bone "If They Only Knew" 4 Trk Promo CD Single RARE Thugs US $15.00 Buy It Now 49m 8s
R&B LINDA CLIFFORD If My Friends Could See Me Now NM! CUK-5021 Shrink! EB441 US $11.99 Buy It Now 49m 45s
LEE MIN WOO (M) SHINHWA - SINGLE Album If You.. USED US $35.00 Buy It Now 50m 4s
MAXINE BROWN ~ IF YOU GOTTA MAKE A FOOL ~ NORTHERN SOUL 45 on WAND ~ HEAR US $10.49 Buy It Now 50m 46s
Nice Work If You Can Get It CD JAPAN Ella Fitzgerald ANDRE PREVIN Gershwin W OBI US $12.99 Buy It Now 51m 19s
Don Gibson 45 RPM - If You Want Me To I'll Go / Woman (Sensuous) US $2.99 [0 bids]
51m 28s
London Grammar If you Wait Bonus Remixes CD Strong Night Call mint promo 3tk RAC US $9.99 [0 bids]
51m 43s
DAMNED IF I DO~THE ALAN PARSONS PROJECT~WL PROMO ONLY RELEASE~12"~EXTENDED MIX US $4.99 Buy It Now 52m 10s
Olivia Newton-John, If Not For You LP UNI Come on Over, Physical* albums records US $33.00 Buy It Now 52m 54s
If Not for You: Tribute to Bob Dylan by Various Artists (CD, Feb-2011, CD... US $8.72 Buy It Now 53m 35s
MULTIPLE ORGASM "If You C. Kay" NM 1990 g US $7.99 Buy It Now 54m 22s
Vic Dana "If I Never Knew Your Name" (S) US $10.99 Buy It Now 55m 23s
STATUS QUO-If You Can't stand The Heat LP US $7.48 Buy It Now 56m 47s
Scarce AUSTRALIAN CRAWL - IF THIS IS LOVE & YOU TOLD ME 7'' 45rpm Oz US $7.39 Buy It Now 57m 55s
Elvis Presley-If I Can Dream/Edge Of Reality-7" RCA 47-9670 US $9.99 Buy It Now 59m 57s
PLEASURE BAR - If Luv Turns Right - 12" US $17.59 Buy It Now 1h
Simply Red If You Don't Know Me By Now and Other Hits CD Very Good Condition US $0.47 [1 bids]
Desmond Dekker - You Can Get It If You Realy... Portugal 7'' Ska Reggae Ember US $18.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Dixie Dregs What If Vinyl Record LP Capricorn CPN-0203 US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 12m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN~ IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME KNOW~SIGNED US $69.99 [0 bids]
Freddy King - If You Have It/I Love You More Everyday - US 45 rpm 7" US $4.99 [0 bids]
John Cougar Mellencamp "Nothin' Matters And What If It Did" US $8.99 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Midge Ure If I Was (PS) 12" Vinyl Single US $9.96 Buy It Now 1h 18m
OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN IF YOU LOVE ME, LET ME KNOW 8 TRACK CARTRIDGE US $12.75 Buy It Now 1h 18m
MARCIA GRIFFITHS RARE 45 I DON'T KNOW HOW TO LOVE HIM/ BABY IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME US $9.99 [0 bids]
Michael McDonald "If That's What It Takes" US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Elvis Presley If Every Day Was Like Christmas CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
I Love to Talk, If There's Anything to Talk About-PROMO US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Henry Thies & Orch. - VICTOR 22477 - If You Didn't Care for Me US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 23m
Elvis Presley If Every Day Was Like Christmas RCA0681 G-VG (45-10140) US $6.49 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Elvis Presley If I Can Dream Edge Of Reality RCA9670 Poor (45-10164) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
ANTHONY SMITH - IF THAT AIN'T COUNTRY NEW CD US $22.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
78 RPM Record Eileen Barton, Poco Loco In The Coco & If I Knew You Were Comin'.. US $0.99 [0 bids]
SONGS FOR THE JET SET IF... JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS F9900 US $5.99 [0 bids]
Spanky & Our Gang 45 & PS Making Every Minute Count / If You Could (Rock) EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
BARRY MANILOW ONE VOICE AND IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN 2 RECORD LOT FACTORY SEALED! US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Jackie Moore 45 Sweet Charlie Babe / If (N Soul) Listen EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Moments 45 If I Didn't Care / You Make Me Feel Good (N Soul) Listen EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
Joe Hinton 45 A Thousand Cups Of Happiness / If You Love Me (Soul) EX US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
DAVE STAMEY - IF I HAD A HORSE NEW CD US $19.71 Buy It Now 1h 35m
HERNANDEZ, Marcos - If You Were Mine - CD single US $7.04 Buy It Now 1h 36m
STEPHANIE MILLS 12" Collectible Single Album - IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN US $1.99 [0 bids]
RARE Northern 45 FRANKIE BEVERLY & THE BUTLERS If That's What You Wanted VG+/ EX US $445.00 [0 bids]
The ROLLING STONES - Got Live If You Want It (1966 Vinyl LP) PS-493,VG Condition US $4.95 [0 bids]
Tammi Montgomery 45 IF YOU DON'T THINK / I CRIED ~ TryMe 28001 VG++ r+b US $24.99 [0 bids]
U2 CD Artificial Horizon Fanclub 2010 RARE OOP Limted Promo Art If Icial US $29.98 Buy It Now 1h 45m
LYNN ANDERSON THAT'S A NO NO/IF SILENCE IS GOLDEN 45 RPM CHART RECORDS CH-5021 US $2.98 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Bobby Darin 45 EP If A Man Answers/True,True Love/Sermon Of Samson/All By Mysel US $0.99 [0 bids]
Hank Thompson 45rpm "If I'm Not Too Late"&"Just An Old Flame" Capitol F3850 US $4.45 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Chicago Mass Choir-Right Now,If You Believe-Cd/New. US $37.99 Buy It Now 1h 47m
FOUR TOPS & ARETHA - If Ever A Love - 1988 PRO 45 + Slv US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
MIDGE URE - IF I WAS - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1985 US $4.57 Buy It Now 1h 48m
If I Left the Zoo by Jars of Clay (CD, Nov-1999, SIL) US $3.99 [0 bids]
And If Our God Is for Us NEW US $21.37 Buy It Now 1h 49m
STEPHANIE NAKASIAN -IF I RULED THE WORLD -JAPAN CD E51 US $25.50 Buy It Now 1h 50m
1954 Denise Lor If I Give My Heart To You Majar 45 Hello Darling Joe Candullo US $3.00 [0 bids]
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN IF NOT FOR YOU ULTRA RARE AUSSIE CASSETTE TAPE! US $17.77 Buy It Now 1h 52m
Stories [Ian Lloyd]: If it Feels Good, Do It / Circles [Unplayed Copy] US $6.97 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Pure Hank Williams, Jr., CD 1991 If It Will, Angels Are Hard To Find, Simple Man US $2.99 [0 bids]
RED SIMPSON VG++ Certainly 45 If The World Ran Out Of Diesel Capitol 3807 7" US $19.95 Buy It Now 2h
Gerry Mulligan: If You Can't Beat 'em, Join 'em, 4-Track Reel ot Reel Tape US $7.99 [1 bids]
2h
BABYBIRD-If You'll Be Mine-UK 1998 5 TK CD Single US $7.48 Buy It Now 2h
Pamala Stanley: If looks could kill 12" 12inch vinyl record single 3d US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
DAVE CLARK FIVE 7" PS JAPAN CATCH US IF YOU CAN P421 US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Chris Haugen What if ? CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 2h 5m
JOHNNY P/FOXY BROWN - If You Love Me - 7" US $7.29 Buy It Now 2h 5m
If That Isn't Love - Vern Jackson (Cassette 1993) in NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Huey Lewis and the News 45 If This Is It/Change of Heart Chrysalis Records 1982 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
RCA VICTOR 500002-BIG MACIEO-ORANGE WAX-IF YOU EVER CHANGE / CHICAGO BREAKDOWN US $14.99 [0 bids]
It Don't Mean a Thing If You Ain't Got That Swing CD NEW Duke Ellington Tribute US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 14m
What If We Were Real NEW US $21.37 Buy It Now 2h 16m
STONEY EDWARDS "IF I HAD IT TO DO ALL OVER AGAIN"/"I FEEL CHAINED" 1978 HEAT!! US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Johnny Seay 45 Behind My Baby's Bedroom Door / If record 7" vinyl US $2.75 Buy It Now 2h 17m
JOHN COUGAR (MELLENCAMP) LP Nothin' Matters And What If It Did RIVA NM US $2.95 Buy It Now 2h 18m
ELVIS PRESLEY "IF I CAN DREAM" RCA 47-9670 PS ONLY EXCELLENT- CONDITION US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Hear {50s R&B Doo Wop 45} HOLLYWOOD FLAMES ~ Every Day Every Way / If I Thought US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 20m
IF TONIGHT IS A SCENE TO BE WITH YOU by Starboard Japan(Promo)CD W/OBI Brand NEW US $8.99 Buy It Now 2h 23m
SERENA RYDER - IF YOUR MEMORY SERVES YOU WELL NEW CD US $26.97 Buy It Now 2h 24m
45 Record BREAD - IF - VG+ US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Signed / Autographed - What If? by Emerson Drive (CD, Jun-2004) US $8.99 [0 bids]
If We Fall in Love Tonight by Rod Stewart -- NEW CD Rock US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 29m
2 Much Featuring Kool-E So Strong / If Ya Not Dancin 12" Phenomena/Mixdown 1991 US $49.81 Buy It Now 2h 30m
If We Fall in Love Tonight by Rod Stewart (CD, Aug-2007, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
THE JACKSON FIVE 5 ~ LITTLE BITTY PRETTY ONE / IF I HAVE TO MOVE A MOUNTAIN '45 US $6.99 [0 bids]
LAURA OSNES - IF I TELL YOU NEW CD US $20.84 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Jars Of Clay, If I Left The Zoo,Complete, Awesome CD!! US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h 37m
78RPM Velvet Tone 1702 Lou Gold, If U Want the Rain, Harmonians, Halfway 2 H V- US $9.95 Buy It Now 2h 37m
Elvis Presley If Every Day Was Like Christmas US $1.99 [0 bids]
TRANSVISION VAMP - If Looks Could Kill - PROMO CD! RARE w/ Voodoo Hipster Mix! US $3.00 Buy It Now 2h 39m
LAURA LEE: If I'm Good Enough To Love /You Can Beat Me Rockin' NEAR MINT Soul 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 43m
12 Inch Nona Hendryx If Looks Could Kill 3 Mix Promo US $4.75 Buy It Now 2h 44m
GORDON LIGHTFOOT Gord's Gold 1987 Reprise CD 70s If You Could Read My Mind US $11.17 Buy It Now 2h 44m
IF THIS WERE RADIO IT WOULD SOUND LIKE THE FUTURE (3 CD PROMO) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
Jeff Foxworthy You Might Be a Redneck If... Cassette 1993 EXC US $4.98 Buy It Now 2h 45m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"