WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

BLIND BOYS OF ALABAMA-If I Had A Hammer CD NEW US $8.12 Buy It Now 34m 14s
IF BY YES-Salt On Sea Glass VINYL LP NEW US $17.61 Buy It Now 34m 19s
SMITH,ANTHONY-IF THAT AIN`T COUNTRY CD NEW US $18.40 Buy It Now 34m 24s
Seva May-If Only CD NEW US $14.68 Buy It Now 34m 33s
ROCKABILLY 45 - RICKY MORVAN & The FENS - "BEY BEY BABY/IF YOU TRY" - Reiss US $9.00 Buy It Now 34m 37s
ERGO-If Not Inertia CD NEW US $17.42 Buy It Now 34m 48s
The Pretenders - If There Was A Man / Into Vienna (VG) 1987 #377 US $5.00 Buy It Now 36m 56s
If Only She Knew, Green Pajamas, Good EP US $6.48 Buy It Now 37m 23s
GENE CHANDLER I'll Make The Living If You Make The Loving Worthwhile 12" Single US $11.66 Buy It Now 37m 32s
ROCKABILLY 45 - The RHYTHM-ADDICTS - "IF YOU'RE SQUARE"- CEE-GEE - REPRO US $9.00 Buy It Now 39m 41s
Charlie and Inez Foxx - Hummingbird / If i Need anyone (Let it Be You) 7" DEMO US $32.42 Buy It Now 40m 5s
If By Yes - Salt On Sea Glass [CD New] US $14.78 Buy It Now 40m 27s
Orchestral Manouevres In The Dark If You Want It 7" Yellow Vinyl Limited US $24.31 Buy It Now 40m 43s
Lena Zavaroni - If My Friends Could See Me Now [CD New] US $10.99 Buy It Now 41m 2s
POCAHONTAS single IF I NEVER KNEW YOU love theme CD Jon Secada Shanice SPANISH v US $9.99 [0 bids]
43m 10s
Don Cornell (1953 VG+) "S'posin' & If You Were Only Mine" Coral # 9-60903 L@@K! US $0.99 [0 bids]
43m 37s
If You Come To Me Pt. 1 [Single] by Atomic Kitten (CD, Nov-2003, Phantom Import US $0.99 [0 bids]
44m 8s
IF 2 England's Prog Rock Giants VERY RARE Israeli Israel 1970 Prog-Jazz LISTEN US $55.99 Buy It Now 44m 42s
Waterfall - If New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $22.23 Buy It Now 45m 41s
BARRY MANILOW if i should love again 7" PS EX/EX US $11.34 Buy It Now 48m 42s
BARRY BLUE if i show you i can dance 7" WS EX/ US $11.34 Buy It Now 48m 42s
The Script 'If You Could See Me Now' Lyrical Song Poster Art A4 Siz 'Typography' US $8.90 Buy It Now 49m 10s
HOLLYWOOD BEYOND LP 'IF' VG++ US $1.95 Buy It Now 49m 12s
Caravan If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You lp n US $44.99 Buy It Now 50m 20s
Phil Collins-If Leaving Me Is Easy 7" UK Poster P/S 1981 US $4.85 Buy It Now 50m 49s
Brooke Castillo / If I Am So Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight? (Audio CD Set) - .. US $29.69 Buy It Now 52m 8s
If You Leave Me Now (And Other Hits) by Chicago (CD, Feb-1995, Chicago... US $3.50 [0 bids]
53m 25s
Hi-NRG/ Jackson Moore - If It's Love (That You're After) US $6.99 Buy It Now 54m 38s
If You Leave Me Now (And Other Hits) [2012] by Chicago (CD, Mar-2012, Rhino... US $6.99 [0 bids]
55m 42s
STEVIE WONDER 7" VINYL LATELY / IF IT'S MAGIC MOTOWN T 54323F J/B U.S.A. US $8.87 Buy It Now 57m 51s
If I Had A Hammer US $3.99 Buy It Now 58m 56s
DONNY OSMOND CD Love Songs of 70's MANDY i can see clearly now IF alone again US $8.99 [0 bids]
59m 23s
Five - If Ya Gettin' Down - 3 Track Limited Edition CD Single [74321689662] US $3.11 Buy It Now 1h
ROCKABILLY 45 - BLACKY VALE -"IF I HAD ME A WOMAN/STAR OF LOV" - HURRICANE reiss US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h
VAL DOONICAN - IF THE WHOLE WORLD STOPPED LOVING (EX/EX - 1970 Contour 6870 601) US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 4m
EX-! ELVIS PRESLEY - LOVE ME TENDER b/w IF I CAN DREAM (ARON 2) 1987 US $19.44 Buy It Now 1h 7m
ELVIS PRESLEY - IF EVERY DAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS b/w HOW WOULD YOU.. (RCA 1557) US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 7m
Dick Jurgens IF I KNEW THEN / LILACS IN THE RAIN 78 RPM US $1.99 [0 bids]
Andy Russell IF I HAD A WISHING RING / WITHOUT YOU (TRES PALABRASI) 78 RPM US $2.50 [0 bids]
MIDGE URE If I Was 7" Vinyl Single URE 1 US $6.47 Buy It Now 1h 10m
ALANNAH MYLES black velvet 12" 3 track b/w if you want to and who loves you (a87 US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 12m
Willy Mason - If the Ocean Gets Rough (CD 2007) US $8.09 Buy It Now 1h 13m
MIKI ANTONY - IF IT WASN'T FOR THE REASON THAT I LOVE YOU 7" VINYL BELL1275 US $0.79 [0 bids]
Somi - If The Rains Come First (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Sting If on a Winter's Night 2009 1 Disc Music CD DISC ONLY US $6.44 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Harmful If Swallowed - Dane Cook New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $19.41 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Viola Wills If You Could Read My Mind LP NM "SHRINK/SONG STICKER" US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
DANIEL BEDINGFIELD-IF YOU'RE NOT THE ONE REMIXES-ISLAND ISLR 15819-1 SEALED 12" US $5.48 Buy It Now 1h 21m
7" LESTER WILLIAMS "BRAND NEW BABY/IF YOU KNEW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU" BLUES US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 26m
Rex Allen Jr. 45 If I Fell In Love With You w/ts US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 26m
CD ONLY DOO-WOP COLLECTION YOU'LL EVER NEED sealed NEW 2 discs Duke if Earl + US $9.99 [0 bids]
If - If2 (NEW CD) US $15.80 Buy It Now 1h 28m
JIMMY McGRIFF If You're Ready Come Go With Me GROOVE MERCHANT Sealed Vinyl LP US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
If I Left the Zoo by Jars of Clay (CD, 1999 Essential Records) US $0.99 [0 bids]
Daniel Lara Makes Me Wonder If I Ever Said Goodbye 7 inch 45 US $5.29 [0 bids]
Alabama Tar Top / If I Could Just See You Now 7 inch US $5.29 [0 bids]
Anthony Smith If That Ain't Country / What Brothers Do 7 inch 45 US $5.29 [0 bids]
Stand Up If You Love England WORLD CUP 2002 CD #F02 US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember... (NEW CD) US $9.73 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Brian Joseph - If I Never Sleep Again (NEW CD) US $21.47 Buy It Now 1h 37m
4 II Soul If You Really Love Me 12 inch Single US $5.99 [0 bids]
Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind (NEW CD) US $10.93 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Ray Lynam Smile If It Kills Ya 7" 1982 UK Ritz Ex Vinyl Rare Country Hillbillies US $15.00 [0 bids]
Chuck Jackson - If I didn't love you US $17.76 [0 bids]
PETER LAW....IF WE ARE SO IN LOVE...DEMO...45rpm US $1.22 [0 bids]
THOR'S HAMMER if you knew: icelandic punk/beat 65-67 LP CDN SS garage L@@K US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
If We Pray Anointed [Performer] E451959 Very Good Audio CD US $3.82 Buy It Now 1h 41m
ELAINE PAGE - IF YOU DON'T WANT MY LOVE US $1.61 [1 bids]
If I Don't Stay the Night by Mindy McCready (CD) US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Tom Jones 45 It'll Be Me / If I Ever Had To Say Goodbye To You US $4.00 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Peter And Gordon True Love Ways / If You Wish 1965 7" Vinyl DB7524 US $12.93 Buy It Now 1h 46m
Peter And Gordon A World Without Love / If I Were You 1964 7" Vinyl US $12.93 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Reverend Horton Heat - Smoke Em If You Got Em CD US $14.65 Buy It Now 1h 47m
Molly Johnson - If You Know Love CD US $18.40 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Snowing - I Could Do Whatever I Wanted If I Wanted Vinyl Record LP US $33.38 Buy It Now 1h 50m
If Wen - Take A Look At The Sea (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Barefoot Jerry Mint Promo 45(1974)-If There Were Only Time For Love/Two Mile Pik US $7.50 Buy It Now 1h 51m
THE NYLONS 7" PS Japan promo ROMANCE IF I CA GET IT r3537 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 52m
CHER - IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME - 7" 45 VINYL RECORD 1989 US $4.41 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Status Quo~Original OZ LP If you can't stand the NM '78 Vertigo  Boogie Rock   US $11.69 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Chris Carmack What If I Was Willing Promo CD Single US $2.42 Buy It Now 1h 54m
Adam Faith Idle Gossip / If Ever You Need Me 1966 7" Vinyl Record US $19.41 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Syndrome - if..reflect yourselves - Japan Music Jrock CD Phantasmagoria Kisaki D US $23.39 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Carolyn/Escoffery Leonhart - If Dreams Come Tr (NEW CD) US $19.85 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Blufoot - If You Forget - Scenario - 2003 #158796 US $4.85 Buy It Now 2h
If Everybody In The World Loved Everybody - 2002 #93526 US $4.85 Buy It Now 2h
SANDLER AND YOUNG-CABARET-VINYL-NM-CABARET-IF YOU GO AWAY-SUMMERV WIND US $5.99 [0 bids]
STING-THE DREAM OF THE BLUE TURTLES-VINYL-NM-IF YOU LOVE SOMEBODY-RUSSIANS US $2.99 [0 bids]
KIKI DEE-LOVING AND FREE-VINYL-NM-SUPERCOOL-REST MY HEAD-IF IT RAINS-AMOUREUSE US $5.99 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BASSEY-ALL BY MYSELF-VINYL-VG++-SOLITAIRE-NEW YORK MEDLEY-IF AND WHEN US $2.99 [0 bids]
Pete Seeger - Definitive (If I Had a Hammer, 2013) 2-CD NEW MINT US $9.71 Buy It Now 2h 5m
If - What Did I Say About The Bo J (NEW CD) US $13.36 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Mendoza Line - If They Knew This Was The End (NEW CD) US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Frankie Brunson Soul 45 Move A Mountain If You Leave Me Northern 101 102 7" US $7.00 Buy It Now 2h 8m
LINDSAY MCCAUL - IF IT LEADS ME BACK - NEW CD US $5.82 Buy It Now 2h 10m
BEATLES 7'' PS If I Fell Holland HHR 130 very rare Dutch 45! US $105.41 Buy It Now 2h 11m
BEATLES EP PS If I Fell INDIA very rare GREEN LABEL GEP 8920 Original pressing! US $137.85 Buy It Now 2h 12m
Original Mama's & the Papa's If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears LP 1966 D-50006 US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 13m
IN ARCADIA-If It Bleeds We Can Kill-MADISON/Carlisle-Cd US $10.29 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me (NEW CD) US $14.98 Buy It Now 2h 19m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"