WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

Repertoire 2010
What Did I Say About TWhat Did I Say About T
Repertoire 2008
NOS FREDDIE WATERS....YOU CAN MAKE IT IF YOU TRY US $12.00 Buy It Now 32m 1s
Carter Falco - If It Aint One Thing (2006) - Used - Compact Disc US $1.37 Buy It Now 34m 30s
Motion City Soundtrack - Even If It Kills Me (R) (2007) - Used - Compact Di US $1.53 Buy It Now 34m 46s
Junior Vasquez - If Madonna Calls 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 34m 48s
SONGS FOR THE JET SET IF... JAPAN CD OBI NEW SS F9900 US $5.99 [0 bids]
38m 35s
SUPER RARE Kay Brown If I Had You / I Like to Rock and Roll Slowly METRO PROMO US $2.00 Buy It Now 39m 26s
BUDDY CAGLE As If I Needed to Be Reminded / Daddy Please 45, Imperial 66357 RARE US $2.00 Buy It Now 39m 26s
NEW EDITION if it isn't love MCA 1269 near mint disc uk mca 1988 7" PS EX/EX US $11.75 Buy It Now 39m 50s
AFFAIR if only you could be mine 12 BRW 312 uk 4th & broadway 1995 12" PS EX/EX US $15.04 Buy It Now 41m 24s
SIMPLY RED if you don't know me by now/move on out YZ377 uk wea 1989 7" PS EX/EX US $11.75 Buy It Now 41m 24s
PETER NERO if ever i would leave you and INTS 1018 rca international LP PS EX/EX US $15.11 Buy It Now 41m 24s
Webb Pierce 45 "If You Were Me / Love, Love, Love" US $6.74 Buy It Now 42m 14s
GIBSON BROTHERS "QUE SERA MI VIDA (IF YOU SHOULD GO)" 12" DISCO FUNK SOUL R US $4.99 Buy It Now 43m 1s
PROMO Claude Huey Still Love You / If You'll be my Witness 1972 45rpm VG+ US $38.99 Buy It Now 43m 28s
Dave Dee, Dozy,Beaky(Vinyl LP 1st Issue)If Music Be The Food Of Love-Ex/Ex- US $57.99 Buy It Now 44m 9s
Bill Holland & Rent's Due,If It Ain't One Thing,LP US $10.07 Buy It Now 44m 36s
The Platters 45's.Harbor Lights w/ Sleepy Lagoon &If I Didn't Care w/ True Lover US $7.99 [0 bids]
47m 15s
UB40(12"Vinyl)If It Happens Again-DEP International-DEP 11-12-UK-Ex/VG US $8.39 Buy It Now 51m 33s
HAROLD MELVIN & BLUE NOTES If You Dont Know ~ 7" Single US $5.03 Buy It Now 54m 38s
Billie Jo Spears 45 If You Want Me/Don't Ever Let Go Of US $2.00 Buy It Now 54m 39s
You Might Be a Redneck If... by Jeff Foxworthy (CD, Jun-1993, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 [0 bids]
54m 45s
Bumpers,Blodwyn Pig,Mott The Hoople,If,Spooky Tooth,Free,Jethro Tull,LP US $64.70 Buy It Now 55m 10s
Jeffrey Osborne - If My Brother's In Trouble 12" US $19.33 Buy It Now 55m 35s
HUEY LEWIS and the NEWS - IF THIS IS IT - ORIGINAL 45 WPS US $2.99 Buy It Now 56m 46s
JEANETTE RUDOLPH If Love Cant Be Forever 12" Single USA US $67.22 Buy It Now 58m 30s
Maing If Tomorrow Comes CD Clean Trey Songz Swizz Beatz US $3.00 Buy It Now 1h
Don't Mind If I Should US $2.29 Buy It Now 1h
Cliff Bennett & Rebel Rousers,3 Rooms With Running Water b/w If Only You'd � 7 US $11.75 Buy It Now 1h
Roth,David - If You Can't Fly (CD New) US $8.82 Buy It Now 1h 2m
The Vibrations Talkin' bout love/If you only knew 7" vinyl Okeh 47228 US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Pop Unknown If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra CD *NEW* US $11.98 Buy It Now 1h 3m
RCA 10" 78/Ames Brothers/If You Want My Heart/My Love, My Life, My Happiness US $5.50 Buy It Now 1h 4m
SHAM 69 IF THE KIDS ARE UNITED EP CLASSIC PUNK SKINHEAD US $11.00 [6 bids]
If I Don't Stay the Night by Mindy McCready (CD, Nov-1997) Complete Free Shippin US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 4m
MIDGE URE IF I WAS PS 45 1985 US $0.84 [0 bids]
David Crosby,If I Could Only Remember My Name,LP US $26.88 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Enya Only If (1997 UK 1-track promotional only CD) US $25.20 Buy It Now 1h 9m
Dennis Brown,If I Follow My Heart,Jamaican pressing,LP US $31.08 Buy It Now 1h 12m
If I Never See You Again [CD 2] US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 13m
If You Ever US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 13m
If I Didn'T Care US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 13m
THE BANGLES UK 1986 DOUBLE PACK 7" Single If She Knew What She Wants DA7062 US $7.55 Buy It Now 1h 14m
TONY KERR IF IT WERENT FOR COUNTRY MUSIC CD US $16.71 Buy It Now 1h 15m
James Darren 45 Her Royal Majesty/If I Could Only Tell You Goldies Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Even If,Artist - Andy Abraham, in Good condition US $2.92 Buy It Now 1h 15m
BLOODY HOLLIES - If Footmen Tire You - CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Me'Shell NdegéOcello ?- If That's Your Boyfriend (He Wasn't Last Night)(Promo) US $4.99 Buy It Now 1h 16m
BROTHERLY LOVERS: Our Favorite Hill / If You Need A Love Song (rock US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
Solomon Burke 45 If You Need Me 1963 Soul R&B WL Promo Atlantic VG++ US $8.50 Buy It Now 1h 17m
1985* HEART * IF LOOKS COULD KILL * CAPITOL LABEL US $10.00 Buy It Now 1h 17m
ANN PEEBLES If This Is Heaven HI LP US $8.00 [1 bids]
SPILLER 2000 IMPORT CD Single Groove Jet If This Ain't Love EXTRA TRACKS MINT US $13.43 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Smokey - If You Think You Know How To Love Me 7" Sgl 75 US $18.15 Buy It Now 1h 18m
If US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 21m
If Only [CD 1] [CD 1] US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Catch Me If You Can. 5060204900020 US $15.45 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Four Tops"If You Don;t Want My Love/You Keep Running away "/45/ US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Music CD IZZY CHAIT, IF I CAN DREAM, I" WANNA KNOW WHAT LOVE IS" US $9.99 [0 bids]
LINNIE PATERSON IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW NOW SCOTTISH INTEREST LP*NMINT COLLECTABLE US $19.58 Buy It Now 1h 28m
INSIDERS "MOVIN' ON c/w IF YOU HAD A HEART" NORTHERN / MODERN ISSUE LISTEN! US $50.41 Buy It Now 1h 28m
I Don't Believe in If US $15.45 Buy It Now 1h 30m
Glenn Miller - It Don't mean a thing if it ain't got th US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 30m
JON & ROBIN- ABNAK- 119- DO IT AGAIN A LITTLE SLOWER- IF I NEED SOMEONE IT'S YOU US $0.99 [0 bids]
ILL NINO God Save / If you Still 2 TRX PROMO CD Single US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 33m
Icicle Works - If You Want To Defeat LP US $10.51 Buy It Now 1h 34m
NOS RICKY SKAGGS....IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THE BIBLE US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 34m
8 Track Music Tape - Linda Clifford - If My Friends Could See Me - Vintage Rare US $20.00 Buy It Now 1h 35m
BARRY MANILOW - IF I SHOULD LOVE AGAIN "SEALED" LP 1981 US $6.75 Buy It Now 1h 37m
JAMES RAY -If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody- R&B 45 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
FANTASTIC FANTASY-PURPLE/IF I COULD FLY-RARE ORIGINAL GERMAN PS 45rpm-DISCO US $14.00 Buy It Now 1h 38m
Brandon Heath - What If We (2008) - Used - Compact Disc US $2.48 Buy It Now 1h 40m
Ghost B.C. - If You Have Ghost 12" EP Record Vinyl - BRAND NEW US $12.98 Buy It Now 1h 41m
TONIC rare SUGAR 6 track IMPORT CD ACOUSTIC LIVE 1999 AUSTRALIA if you could US $15.99 Buy It Now 1h 42m
Linda Clifford SEALED 70s SOUL POP DISCO LP If My Friends Could See Me Now 1978 US $17.98 Buy It Now 1h 42m
ROLLING STONES - Got Live If You Want It! - 1965 UK EP US $37.82 Buy It Now 1h 43m
MIKE SHAUN cassette tape album IF I NEVER SING ANOTHER SONG US $5.03 Buy It Now 1h 44m
NOS RODNEY CROWELL....I COULNT LEAVE YOU IF I TRIED US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Sandler & Young Cabaret Pickwick/33 Stereo SPC-3301 Cabaret, Our Concerto. If Yo US $4.99 [0 bids]
Harry Secombe - If I Ruled The World. 5055159750325 US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 45m
If Ida Been Here, Ida Been There US $12.07 Buy It Now 1h 45m
It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 45m
If It Was Easy US $7.03 Buy It Now 1h 45m
You Might Be a Redneck If US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 45m
Simply Red If You Don't Know Me By Now 7" WEA YZ377 EX/ US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 50m
If It Makes You Happy [CD 1] US $4.14 Buy It Now 1h 51m
Cheap Trick ROCK 45 (Epic PROMO #1206) Everything Works If You Let It VG++/Mint- US $4.66 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Thompson, Chris If You Remember Me 7" Planet K12389 EX US $6.64 Buy It Now 1h 54m
R&B Rocker Jimmy Soul SPOR 3305 45rpm Don't Release Me If You Wanna Be Happy NR US $4.99 [0 bids]
Terry Jacks 45 If You Go Away/Seasons In The Sun Arista Records #AFS-9121 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
If I Had My Way: Early Home Recordings by Rev. Gary Davis (CD, Feb-2003,... US $9.95 [0 bids]
HOOBASTANK If I were you w/ RARE RADIO EDIT Europe PROMO DJ CD Single USA Seller US $9.99 [0 bids]
ROD STEWART - 70s Sheet Music -(IF LOVING YOU IS WRONG) I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT US $23.53 Buy It Now 1h 59m
JAPANESE 10" 78rpm COLUMBIA 26666 Japan NE 33237 IF GO SEA ?????????? US $150.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Lighter Shade Of Brown - If You Wanna Groove 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Budgie - If I Were Britania I'D Waive The Rules [CD New] US $19.26 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Roth,David - If You Can't Fly [CD New] US $9.68 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Jimmy & Johnny - If You Don't Somebody Else Will [CD New] US $29.02 Buy It Now 2h 6m
IGGY POP/ZIG ZAGS**IF I'M IN LUCK I MIGHT GET PICKED UP (7 INCH/COLOUR)**VINYL US $3.91 Buy It Now 2h 6m
Fats Domino,Country Boy b/w If You Need Me,7" US $5.03 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Lonnie Gordon - If You Really Love Me 12" US $10.51 Buy It Now 2h 8m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"