WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

Import · Remastered
Repertoire 2010
What Did I Say About TWhat Did I Say About T
Repertoire 2008
THE TAMPERER - IF YOU BUY THIS RECORD YOUR LIFE WILL BE BETTER - CD SINGLE 1998 US $1.68 [0 bids]
30m 14s
The Everly Bros. 45 I Wonder If I Care As Much/Bye Bye Love Barnaby Records US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 46s
Yvonne Elliman 45 Good Sign/If I Can't Have You RSO Records 1977 #RS 884 US $9.99 Buy It Now 30m 46s
DOUGLAS, Tony (If I Can Make It) 20th Century 2257 US $4.60 Buy It Now 30m 48s
CD - EMERSON HART - IF YOU'RE GONNA LEAVE [SINGLE] US $1.79 Buy It Now 31m 21s
GENE CHANDLER - I'LL MAKE THE LIVING IF YOU MAKE THE LOVING WORTHWHILE US $12.71 Buy It Now 31m 43s
JOHNNY PAYCHECK MOTEL TIME AGAIN IF YOU SHOULD COME BACK TODAY 1966 US $5.09 Buy It Now 31m 48s
LOT OF 3 GORDON LIGHTFOOT LPS THE WAY I FEEL/CONCERT/IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND US $10.99 Buy It Now 32m 4s
(995H) Sixpeopleaway, If Then Else - DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 32m 54s
(999H) The Firm, If You Don't Want to Know Life'- DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 33m 15s
Hetti Lloyd "If You Can't Satisfy" WLP 45 Pride PR 1014 NM Northern Soul US $24.95 [0 bids]
34m 27s
And If Our God Is For Us (Chris Tomlin) - CD US $13.49 Buy It Now 37m 6s
The Korgis - If I Had You 7" Single 1979 US $13.58 Buy It Now 37m 47s
ANNA KING-IF SOMEBODY TOLD YOU/ COME AND GET THESE MEMORIES..1964 RARE NICE VG+ US $5.00 [0 bids]
38m 6s
JESSE JAMES - IF YOU WANT A LOVE AFFAIR - 20TH CENTURY DEMO US $93.36 Buy It Now 39m 42s
Opus IV Cotillion 44206 If It Don't Fit PROMO US $4.50 Buy It Now 39m 53s
Freddie & The Dreamers - If You Gotta Make A Fool 1963 7" Ex Columbia DB7032 US $6.77 Buy It Now 39m 58s
Chicago - If You Leave Me Know 7" 1976 Ex CBS SCBS4603 US $6.77 Buy It Now 39m 59s
TOM JONES - IF I ONLY KNEW - 6 MIX CD SINGLE US $1.68 [0 bids]
41m 6s
N. Soul The Dialtones If You Don't Know, You Just Don't Know Dial 45 4054 US $11.99 Buy It Now 42m 41s
REGGAE LP, DENNIS BROWN" IF I FOLLOW MY HEART" STUDIO 1, REVIAL TRACKS, US $13.58 Buy It Now 43m 17s
Hear! Modern Soul 45 Barbara Jean English - House Of Strangers / If It Feels Thi US $9.99 [0 bids]
44m 20s
If You Go / Si Te Vas Jon Secada US $1.99 Buy It Now 45m 14s
NKOTB - NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK IMPORT CD TOUR SOUVENIR If you go away MIXES US $39.99 Buy It Now 48m 10s
OBSCURE 45, RITA RAINES. BOY MEETS GIRL / IF I WERE YOU. US $5.00 Buy It Now 50m 1s
Rodney Crowell It's such A Small World /I Couldn't leave You If I Tried NEW 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 8s
PATTI PAGE Love Letters / If And When COLUMBIA used 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 8s
THE INTERNATIONAL POP ORCH. The Carpetbaggers / If You Love Me CAMEO USED 45 US $9.99 Buy It Now 50m 9s
JUNE - IF YOU SPEAK ANY FASTER-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
50m 36s
BLUE NOTES: If You Love Me (rare vocal groups vinyl 45) US $40.00 Buy It Now 54m 15s
CLAUDJA BARRY ~ IF I DO IT TO YOU 12 " *SEALED/NEVER PLAYED RARE US $8.00 [0 bids]
54m 21s
JAZZ JACK SMITH If I Didn't Know Your Husband & You Didn't Know My Wife VICTOR US $9.99 [0 bids]
54m 37s
JAZZ SAM LANIN'S ORCH If I Knew I'd Find You BANNER 1730 US $5.99 [1 bids]
54m 49s
JAZZ LOUIS ARMSTRONG ORCH Shine/If I Could Be With You PARLOPHONE 1100 US $9.99 [0 bids]
55m 22s
N. Soul Betty Wright If You Love Me Like You Say You Love Me Alston 45 4609 US $7.99 Buy It Now 55m 58s
SEAN MORTON DOWNEY JR - You'll never Have To Ask Me If I Love You US LP US $0.99 [0 bids]
57m 38s
Buck Owens "Johnny B. Goode/Maybe If I Close My Eyes' 1969 Capitol 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 58m 9s
BUDDY DI VITO - JAZZ-BIG BAND- IF LOVE HAS FLOWN US $23.99 Buy It Now 1h
GLADYS KNIGHT & THE PIPS - IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN 7" VINYL US $12.71 Buy It Now 1h
ROBERT JOHN ? IF YOU DON'T WANT MY LOVE ? 1968 NM RARE WHITE LABEL MONO PROMO US $26.00 Buy It Now 1h
Sonny Green If You Want Me To Keep On / Jody's On The Run Hill H-777 US VG US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h
XX CD SINGLE..TOM JONES...IF I ONLY KNEW US $9.37 Buy It Now 1h
If You Were a Movie, This Would Be Your Soundtrack [EP] by Sleeping with Sirens US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 4m
OBSCURE 45, RED GARTER GALS. COLUMBUS STOCKADE BLUES / IF EVER SOMEONE LOVED YO US $8.00 Buy It Now 1h 7m
BILLY WALKER *DJ COPY* "IF I'M LOSING YOU" 45 RPM US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 7m
GLORIA GAYNOR - (IF YOU WANT IT) DO IT YOURSELF 7" VINYL US $8.47 Buy It Now 1h 9m
King of the hill if I say cd single US $1.68 [0 bids]
Alabama I Showed Her If I Had You 45 1988 RCA Records 8817-7-R US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 9m
DAVID EPLEY - IF WE ALL SAID A PRAYER - CHRISTIAN LP BEAUTY IN SHRINKWRAP US $6.99 [0 bids]
Clinton Gregory - If It Weren't For Country Music I'd Go Crazy 1991 Cassette US $2.75 Buy It Now 1h 10m
PORTER WAGONER & DOLLY PARTON "IF YOU GO......." 45 RPM US $3.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
N. Soul The Graduates If I Ever Get Out Of This Mess Rising Sons Promo 45 712 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 10m
45 RECORD HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS : IF THIS IS IT , CHANGE OF HEART US $1.85 Buy It Now 1h 11m
What If - Acceptable US $3.70 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Jimmy Soul 45 If You Wanna Be Happy Don't Release Me 45-3305 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Bobby Chandler 45 I'm Serious If You Love'd Me 1000 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
Bees Gees 45 If I Can't Have You Stayin' Alive RS885 US $19.95 Buy It Now 1h 14m
The Temptations 45 I Know I'm Losing You I Couldn't Cry If I Wanted To US $49.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
GORDON LIGHTFOOT - IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND 7" VINYL US $11.02 Buy It Now 1h 19m
HEASH (Steven Lance Hersh)-IF WE...(RARE STAR TREK SPOOF)/ENGLISH CLASS/ 45 US $49.98 Buy It Now 1h 21m
(CE502) Manic Street Preachers, If You Tolerate This Your Children Will .- DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 1h 21m
From the Bottom Up by Brownstone (CD, Jan-1995, MJJ) "IF YOU LOVE ME" US $2.49 Buy It Now 1h 22m
Stephanie Mills "If I Were Your Woman" 1988 vintage vinyl 7" record (EX) 45 rpm US $0.99 [0 bids]
? Longdancer - If It Was So Simple -EURYTHMICS' Dave Stewart-Rocket MCA 339 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
2013 THE ROLLING STONES~got LIVE if you want~7" 45rpm VINYL~RECORD STORE DAY~RSD US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 25m
WHITNEY HOUSTON & GEORGE MICHAEL - IF I TOLD YOU THAT - CD SINGLE 2000 US $1.68 [0 bids]
JON & ROBIN-a -(45)-DO IT AGAIN A LITTLE BIT SLOWER / IF I NEED SOMEONE-IT'S YOU US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Bucks Fizz If You Can't Stand The Heat Picture Disc 7" Single US $9.32 Buy It Now 1h 31m
GUYS 'N' DOLLS - IF ONLY FOR THE GOOD TIMES 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 1h 31m
RON MOODY If I Didn't Have A Dime / The New Breed NORTHERN SOUL 45 RPM RECORD US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 31m
OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN IF YOU LOVE ME LET ME KNOW (EXC) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Northern Soul 45 Jimmy Bee If It Wasn't For Love 20TH CENTURY FOX DJ WL Rare US $10.50 [4 bids]
RONAN KEATING - IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES - IMPORT-CD US $0.99 [0 bids]
JEAN CARN "IF YOU WANNA GO BACK c/w YOU ARE ALL I NEED" 70's LISTEN! US $16.96 Buy It Now 1h 34m
SHEILA MARSHALL - WHAT IF I WAS!! NEW!!!!! NR!!! US $0.12 [0 bids]
STING - The Best Of Fields of Gold CD When WE Dance If I Ever Lose My Faith in u US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Rites - Fuck 'em If They Can't Take A Joke 7" vinyl punk US $5.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Hear! Northern Soul 45 Barbara & The Browns - You Don'T Love Me / If I Can'T Run US $9.99 [1 bids]
U2 If God Will Send His Angels US Promo CD Single PRCD-7749 1-track 1997 US $27.62 [4 bids]
HAROLD MELVIN - IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW 7" VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 1h 42m
HAROLD MELVIN - IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW 7" VINYL US $9.32 Buy It Now 1h 42m
HAROLD MELVIN - IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOW / DON'T LEAVE ME...7" OLD GOLD VINYL US $7.62 Buy It Now 1h 42m
AC/DC If You Want Blood LP 12" Rock 1978 Atlantic Record ST-A-784182 SD-19212 US $4.99 [0 bids]
JOHNNY BURNETTE Rock Billy Boogie / If You Want It Enough ROCKABILLY 45 CC35 US $255.00 [2 bids]
BOBBY DARIN 45RPM IF I WERE A CARPENTER/RAININ' US $3.98 [0 bids]
HARRY SECOMBE - IF I RULED THE WORLD 7" VINYL US $6.77 Buy It Now 1h 44m
If You're Ready Reggae/ Version- Glen Adam Blue Grass Funk Soul Strakers US $10.00 [0 bids]
Billie Holiday -Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do on Columbia Records 4-LP Box Set US $34.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
northern soul PETER JOHNSON If You Were Blue LOADSTONE M- Listen! US $25.00 Buy It Now 1h 49m
If You Want Me [CD 1], Hicks, Hinda, Good Maxi, Single US $4.62 Buy It Now 1h 50m
MR BIG - WHAT IF (+DVD) (LTD) NEW CD US $83.47 Buy It Now 1h 53m
Dane Cook Harmful if Swallowed CD [PA] Comedy Hilarious 2 Disc Funny Stand Up US $2.79 Buy It Now 1h 59m
? Linda Clifford - If My Friends Could See Me Now (Curtom 5021) (sealed) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 59m
If You See Her by Brooks & Dunn (CD, Jun-1998, Arista) US $3.99 Buy It Now 2h
(EB559) Marcos Hernandez, If You Were Mine - 2005 DJ CD US $5.08 Buy It Now 2h 5m
SIMPLY RED Japan 1989 Promo Only 7"45 IF YOU DON'T KNOW US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 5m
Duke Danger If It Ain't One Thing It's A CD (UK Import) NEW US $11.97 Buy It Now 2h 5m
BREAD: If (rock & pop vinyl 45) US $15.00 Buy It Now 2h 6m
DAVE DEE, DOZY, BEAKY, MICK & TICH - IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE LP EX US $33.93 Buy It Now 2h 7m
HORSLIPS - (IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT) THAT'S WHAT YOU GET 7" VINYL DEMO US $16.96 Buy It Now 2h 7m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"