WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

Repertoire 2007
If 2If 2
Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
Not Just Another Pretty Face/ Tea Break Is Over-Back On your 'Eads Two Records On One CDNot Just Another Pretty Face/ Tea Break Is Over-Back On your 'Eads Two Records On One CD
Sunrise Records
CELINE DION THE COLLECTION 3 CDS 38 SONGS A MUST IF YOU LIKE CELINE US $17.92 Buy It Now 31m 54s
top ten hits if the sixties ( sorry no more info ) 2 US $3.30 Buy It Now 33m 7s
VG+ SMOKEY ROBINSON & MIRACLES IF YOU CAN WAIT 1968 45 RPM TAMLA T-54162 US $4.98 Buy It Now 35m 21s
BARRY BLUE IF I SHOW YOU I CAN DANCE / ROSETTA STONE uk Bell demo / promo 1452 US $10.77 Buy It Now 35m 38s
CLAY WALKER: IF I COULD MAKE A LIVING CD GREAT CONDITION US $0.99 [0 bids]
35m 49s
THE SMITHS white Vinyl 12" Stop Me If You Think / Girlfriend (different cover) US $39.99 Buy It Now 36m 4s
ELVIS PRESLEY. IF I CAN DREAM. A CANADIAN COPY. NM. PICTURE SLEEVE, 45 US $125.00 Buy It Now 36m 29s
TERRAPLANE if that's what it takes 12" 3 trk 19th nervous breakdance mix with po US $8.27 Buy It Now 36m 38s
TERRAPLANE if that's what it takes 12" 3 trk 19th nervous breakdance mix b/w liv US $8.27 Buy It Now 36m 39s
TERRAPLANE if that's what it takes 12" 3 trk 19th nervous break dance mix b/w li US $8.27 Buy It Now 36m 41s
SYD STRAW think too hard 12" 4 trk b/w hard times,if you don't want my love andr US $8.27 Buy It Now 38m 34s
jack johnson - if i had eyes - 7" vinyl single US $16.55 Buy It Now 40m 53s
CHICAGO - IF YOU LEAVE ME NOW / BABY WHAT A BIG SUPRISE 45 JUKEBOX SERIES MINT US $7.50 Buy It Now 41m 40s
TAMPERER FEATURING MAYA if you buy this record 12" 4 trk (0530081) uk pepper 199 US $8.27 Buy It Now 41m 45s
ROY HAMILTON IF I LOVED YOU EPIC 1954 45 US $2.99 Buy It Now 41m 48s
TAFFY if you feel it 12" 3 trk san antonio mix, low life mix & vip (yard tr 2) p US $8.27 Buy It Now 42m 50s
DEWEY PRICE 78 KING 898 SWEET MEMORIES B/W IF YOU WERE ONLY IN MY ARMS EX++ US $9.99 [0 bids]
43m 24s
TOM JONES if i only knew 12" 4 trk inner city club mix promo b/w inner city radi US $8.27 Buy It Now 44m 22s
WHAT IF What If 5909-1-R LP Ac5877 US $7.99 [0 bids]
45m 29s
big bam boo - if you could see me now - 7" vinyl single - 1980s - pop US $13.24 Buy It Now 46m 53s
ROLLING STONES Got Live If You Want It ! GXD-1008 OBI LP Ae0263 US $7.99 [1 bids]
47m 16s
TONY TONI TONE if i had no loot 12" 4 trk featuring extended version,jeep mix,uk US $8.27 Buy It Now 47m 27s
FLOCK OF SEAGULLS: Wishing (if I Had A Photograph Of You) / Committed / Wishing US $10.00 Buy It Now 47m 37s
If You Want Blood You've Got It by AC/DC (Cassette) US $3.75 Buy It Now 48m 19s
GORDON LIGHTFOOT If You Could Read My Mind P-8032R OBI LP Ad2640 US $29.00 [4 bids]
48m 29s
Still Sealed Regina Belle Promo Cassette "If I Could" 1993 White Label US $2.99 [0 bids]
49m 22s
Lloyd Price Hooked On A Feeling / If You Really Love Me Muscle Shoals Soul 45 US $12.00 [0 bids]
50m 22s
popcorn - , lenny welch FATHER SEBASTIAN/IF YOU SEE MY LOVE EX COPY 45 US $5.99 Buy It Now 51m 2s
THELMA HOUSTON if you feel it 7" b/w hollywood (rca77) uk rca 1981 US $11.91 Buy It Now 55m 13s
JANET JACKSON * IF & ONE MORE CHANCE * 45RPM US $5.00 Buy It Now 55m 13s
Rod Stewart cd If We Fall in Love Tonight US $5.99 Buy It Now 55m 26s
Lonnie Gordon : If I have to stand alone (1990) CD US $10.00 Buy It Now 56m 25s
INTRIGUE If You've Ever Been In Love 2-track PROMO CD SINGLE C8 US $3.99 Buy It Now 58m 16s
Rod Stewart cd If We Fall in Love Tonight US $5.99 Buy It Now 59m 29s
Eight 8 Track Tape Jack Jones If You Ever Leave Me US $4.90 Buy It Now 59m 30s
CD Shai * ...If I Ever Fall in Love US $5.88 [0 bids]
59m 33s
CHUCK REED Call Me Baby / Don't Be Ashamed If You Cry MERCURY 70343 45 rpm HEAR US $75.00 [0 bids]
1h
45 NICK DECARO CAROLINE NO IF I ONLY HAD TIME 1000 US $2.38 Buy It Now 1h
What If It's You - Reba Mcentire New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $11.53 Buy It Now 1h
Vinyl - Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me Let Me Know - 1974 MCA411 US $2.50 [0 bids]
1h
AUDIO TWO OG 87 12" Make If Funky Old School Hip Hop NM US $12.00 Buy It Now 1h 2m
RANCE ALLEN GROUP 45 Ain't No Need Of Crying / If I Could Make The World Better US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Buck Owens - If You Ain't Lovin' lp album VG+ US $1.50 Buy It Now 1h 5m
KAY STARR- THE MAN UPSTAIRS/IF YOU LOVE ME -CAPITOL 45-F2769 US $1.23 Buy It Now 1h 5m
LORETTA LYNN - I LIE / IF I AIN'T GOT YOU (You Don't Need It) (MCA 51226) US $1.23 Buy It Now 1h 5m
EDDIE FISHER - EVEN NOW/ IF IT WEREUP TO ME (RCA 47-5106) US $1.23 Buy It Now 1h 5m
Jeff Foxworthy / Greatest Bits (LIKE NEW CD) You Might Be a Redneck If... FUNNY US $2.29 Buy It Now 1h 6m
If That's What It Takes [LP] by Michael (Vocals/Keys) McDonald (Vinyl, Warner.. US $3.49 [0 bids]
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before CD Belle & Sebastian British US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 7m
BUDGIE: If I Were Brittania I'd Waive The Rules LP (WLP, punch hole) Rock US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 10m
The Jackson 5 45 Little Bitty Pretty One / If I Have To Move 1972 Vinyl Record US $3.79 Buy It Now 1h 11m
EMOTIONS "IF I ONLY KNEW THEN/ETERNALLY" 1985 MOTOWN VG++ HEAR!! US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
1965 Peter And Gordon True Love Ways/If You Wish 45 RPM...Buddy Holly Song US $0.99 [0 bids]
The Mamas And Papas If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears 1966 Dunhill Stereo LP US $3.99 [0 bids]
BUDGIE: IF I WERE BRITTANIA I'DWAIVE THE RULES. A CLASSIC! A & M RECORDS US $14.99 [0 bids]
PRYMARY COLORZ - If You Only Knew - Christian Music CCM Pop Hip-Hop Gospel CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1h 15m
Jerry Naylor *CRICKET* 70s C&W 45 (MGM PROMO 14546) If You Don't Know Me By Now US $6.95 Buy It Now 1h 15m
PETER, PAUL AND MARY**IF I HAD A HAMMER: THE LEGEND BEGINS**CD US $7.95 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Brownstone 45 "Grapevyne (Radio Edit) / If You Love Me" ~ MJJ Music ~ VG++ US $5.24 Buy It Now 1h 16m
Belle & Sebastian - If Youre Feeling Si NEW CD US $14.78 Buy It Now 1h 16m
CONNIE FRANCIS YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE CAN HURT ME / IF MY PILLOW COULD TALK US $7.98 Buy It Now 1h 18m
KAMAHL If I Give My Heart To You PHILLIPS US $14.90 Buy It Now 1h 18m
Del The Funky Homosapien If You Must 12" Hip Hop NM LP US $5.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
Huey Lewis And The News If This Is It Record 7 Inch Vinyl Record US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 19m
REGGAE*80s*DANCEHALL*JUNIOR KELLY*IF LOVE SO NICE*MROSH*7"*VG+ US $9.79 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Hunnicutt/Morse & The Fastest Band Alive promo soul 45 If It Feels Good Do It US $15.00 [0 bids]
Jay & The Americans If You Were Mine Girl 45 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Soul Promo 45 BILL WITHERS If I Didn't Mean You Well on US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Rock Promo 45 JACK CARONE If I Couldn't See You Anymore US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Rock Promo 45 SKYLARK If That's the Way you Want it on US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 21m
ANITA WARD - RING MY BELL / IF I COULD DRRL THAT OLD FEELING AGAIN (3422) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Alfie : If You Happy With You Need Do CD (2001) US $3.96 Buy It Now 1h 22m
45 RECORD FOUR ACES: IF YOU CAN DREAM, THE GAL WITH THE YALLER SHOES US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 22m
It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing by John Williams (c13) US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 22m
LOUIS ARMSTRONG, THEM THERE EYES b/w IF I COULD BE w/YOU, 45 RPM RECORD, MINT-!! US $9.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
HEAR Funk Soul CHRIS HILLS Sweet Joanne/CHICO WATERS If You NM EMBRYO Promo 45 US $24.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
(152D) The Bishops, If You Leave Today - DJ CD US $4.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
GAR FRANCIS Cool Cool Baby 7" If You Love Me Arona THE Doughboys Rockids 1987 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Rock Promo 45 FOTOMAKER If I can't Believe in You on At US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Viola Wills-If You Could Read My Mind-Somebody's Eyes-LP-Ariola-Vinyl Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
NOLAN~CRAZY LOVE~WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF I DID THAT TO YOU~LIZARD~ POP 45 US $14.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
THEM~MYSTIC EYES~IF YOU AND I COULD BE AS TWO~ PARROT~POP~ GARAGE 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
RAYMOND LEFEVRE~SOUL COAXING~IF I WERE A CARPENTER~4 CORNERS~~ INSTRUMENTAL 45 US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 27m
MAMAS & THE PAPAS If You Can Believe Your Eyes & Ears LP SEALED Sundazed MONO US $20.94 Buy It Now 1h 28m
NICK PALMER IF YOU DON'T CARE Promo RCA 1960's soul 45 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Ron-Dels If You Really Want Me To , I'll Go 45 on Smash US $9.00 [0 bids]
Rudy Romero If I Find The Time Tumbleweed Promo Denver 45 US $12.00 [0 bids]
Olivia Newton-John "If You Love Me, Let Me Know" (2) US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 31m
Pop Promo 45 BILLY STACK If You've Stopped Lovin' Me on US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 32m
LISTEN!-The Cumberland River..MY LORD GONNA MOVE/IF IT WASN'T FOR..LORD-7",VG+ US $9.99 [0 bids]
Shattered Glass: If I Had My Way / Brother Sister [Unplayed Copy] US $7.97 Buy It Now 1h 32m
RICKY VAN SHELTON wild man / if you're ever in my arms COLUMBIA 45 US $0.99 [0 bids]
STING IF YOU LOVE SOMEONE SET THEM FREE 4 TRACK VINYL EP A&M IN SHRINK NM- US $6.88 Buy It Now 1h 32m
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - CATCH US IF YOU CAN 45 RPM JUKEBOX SERIES HOLLYWOOD UNPLAYED US $12.50 Buy It Now 1h 33m
45 RECORD NEAL McCOY: IF I BUILT YOU A FIRE, THE BIG HEAT US $3.73 Buy It Now 1h 34m
THE GAP BAND - I'M READY (IF YOU'RE READY)/ SHAKE A LEG 45 RECORD US $2.00 [0 bids]
CLARK FIVE, DAVE - CATCH US IF YOU CAN 45 RPM JUKEBOX SERIES Pic Sleeve UNPLAYED US $17.50 Buy It Now 1h 35m
soundtrack, Two If By Sea, 13 tracks, CD US $11.12 Buy It Now 1h 36m
UB40 If It Happens Again 2-Track 12'' (1984) DEP 11-12 US $8.29 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Steve Lawrence Go Away Little Girl/If You Love Her Tell Her So 45 RPM US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"