WATERFALL

Dave Quincy - Saxophones
Jim Richardson - Bass
Terry Smith - Guitar
Dave Wintour - Electric & Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals

LP METROMEDIA KMD1057 (US) (1972)
CD REPERTOIRE REP4998 (2003)

Thanks to Sean Trane for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

IF MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF Waterfall Music

If 4If 4
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered · Special Edition
Repertoire 2007
Europe 1972Europe 1972
Repertoire 1997
Not Just Another Bunch Of Pretty Faces/Tea Break Is Over-Back On Your 'EadsNot Just Another Bunch Of Pretty Faces/Tea Break Is Over-Back On Your 'Eads
Sunrise Records
If 3If 3
Import · Limited Edition · Remastered
Repertoire 2007
If 2If 2
Import · Limited Edition
Repertoire 2006
BOB DYLAN If Not For You/Tomorrow Is A Long Time EX COLUMBIA Promo 45 w/sleeve US $39.95 Buy It Now 33m 26s
Brooks and Dunn 2 CD set: Cowboy Town and If You See Her - Great Shape US $9.49 Buy It Now 34m 19s
THE U-KREW IF U WERE MINE 12" EP LP FACTORY SEALED NEW OLD SCHOOL HIP-HOP US $19.99 Buy It Now 39m 2s
Bob Wills Texas Playboys - I Wonder If You Feel The Way I Do - Conqueror 9206 US $24.98 Buy It Now 41m 43s
BOBBY DARIN Moritat (Mack The Knife) & If I Were A Carpenter 45 rpm record NEW US $17.64 Buy It Now 46m 15s
VIOLA WILLS ~ If You Could Read My Mind ~ 12" Single PS GERMAN PRESS US $9.60 Buy It Now 46m 22s
STEVIE NICKS IF YOU EVER DID BELIEVE (Scarce 1998 US 2-track promo ACETATE CD) US $10.99 Buy It Now 47m 37s
Anointed, If We Pray Audio CD US $4.00 Buy It Now 49m 21s
PAPER LACE - SO WHAT IF I AM - PORTUGAL 45 SINGLE US $15.00 Buy It Now 55m 19s
GIBSON BROTHERS - IF YOU SHOULD GO - PORTUGAL 45 FREE SHIPPING US $30.00 Buy It Now 55m 20s
GLORIA GAYNOR - (IF YOU WANT IT) DO IT YOURSELF - PORTUGAL 45 FREE SHIPPING US $15.00 Buy It Now 55m 20s
GORDON LIGHTFOOT - If You Could Read My Mind 1970 LP EX US $14.95 Buy It Now 57m 56s
If Life Was Easy - Glover,Roger US $7.73 Buy It Now 58m 2s
If Not for the Devil 4041257001224, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $26.50 Buy It Now 58m 22s
If You Give Me One More Try 8437013270366, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $25.70 Buy It Now 58m 42s
If You're Feeling Sinister 5027731785018, CD, BRAND NEW FREE P&H US $24.67 Buy It Now 58m 59s
GIORGIO MORODER - If You Werent Afraid / E=MC2 ~ 12" Single LTD ED US $17.93 Buy It Now 1h
London Grammar / If You Wait (DELUXE EDITION) [2 CD] NEW SEALED US $26.99 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Ac/Dc If you want blood record / album/ vinyl US $5.99 [0 bids]
SUZI QUATRO IF YOU KNEW SUZI VINYL LP 12" RECORD US $11.46 Buy It Now 1h 32m
JERRY WALLACE If I Make It Through Today CHALLENGE 45 US $9.00 Buy It Now 1h 37m
45 C&W Porter Wagoner-Dolly Parton/If you go I'll follow you/Hide me/USA/NM HEAR US $2.22 [0 bids]
DR. HOOK IF I┤D ONLY COME AND GONE HOL-7" PS 1973 US $10.34 Buy It Now 1h 41m
Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - If Music Be The Food Of Love LP (1966) TL5388 US $16.01 Buy It Now 1h 45m
JOHNNY DESMOND - C'est Si Bon / If You Could Care MGM 78rpm US $6.76 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Rare Donna Barton IF WE COULD CHANGE PLACES/YOUR JUST TOO MUCH OF A MAN - SIGNED US $15.96 Buy It Now 1h 56m
Jennifer Hudson If this isn't love promo cd single US $3.19 [0 bids]
John McLean / Mad Professor ?- If I Give My Heart To You ORIG UK 12" NM ARIWA US $8.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
Antonio Andrade-See If You Recognize This One CD NEW US $16.90 Buy It Now 2h 7m
Steve Wells & Chelsey Collins-If We Try CD NEW US $14.57 Buy It Now 2h 7m
THE ROLLING STONES 'Got Live If You Want It!' Vinyl 7" Record Store Day RSD 2014 US $17.64 Buy It Now 2h 8m
Michael McDonald ?If That's What It Takes Warner Bros. 9 23703-1 NM Vinyl VG Slv US $2.99 Buy It Now 2h 10m
The Rolling Stones "got LIVE if you want it!" 7" VINYL *NEW* RSD Black Friday US $15.00 [0 bids]
If I Left the Zoo by Jars of Clay (CD, Nov-1999, SIL) US $1.50 [0 bids]
TIM LE EL/WOLLION - Fuck Me If You Can - 12" US $15.69 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Radio Time/If You Ain't No Sin by Innocent Blue (PROMO CD, 2009) NEW Germany US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Doomed If You Do Doomed If You Don't by Doomious Gloom (CD, 2007, DRP) US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
What If We Fly by Emma Mae (Radio DJ Promo CD Single, 2007) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
PULSE, Tom vs SYDNEY YOUNGBLOOD - If Only I Could - 12" US $15.69 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Dr. Seuss If I Ran The Zoo/Sleep Book {CAS-1078} **CANADIAN IMPORT** Record, LP US $12.50 Buy It Now 2h 23m
SAUNDERS, Simon - Mind If My Friend Joins In? - 12" US $11.36 Buy It Now 2h 27m
MERCURY SWITCH-If You Love Me, You'd Take Me to the City (CD, Apr-2005,... US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 28m
Cecilia Bartoli: If You Love Me / Se tu m'ami: 18th-century Italian songs by US $4.24 Buy It Now 2h 34m
Lorrrie Morgan ~45~ If You Came Back From Heaven ~ NEW US $6.95 Buy It Now 2h 39m
M.Q. ~45~ I Told You So / If I Didn't Love You JIN 324 US $5.95 Buy It Now 2h 40m
If You Want Me To: The Best of Ginny Owens, Ginny Owens, New US $10.23 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Tommy McLain ~ You Wouldn't Know A Love If You Had One US $24.95 Buy It Now 2h 54m
LISTEN - SOUL - 45 PS FRENCH - ARETHA FRANKLIN - UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO ME - IF US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 4m
LISA LISA & CULT JAM WITH FULL FORCE - I WONDER IF I TAKE YOU HOME - 12" ELECTRO US $8.01 [0 bids]
northern soul BETTY DAVIS If I'm In Luck I Might Get Picked Up JUST SUNSHIN M- US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 8m
U2 "Mofo Remixes" (U.K. CD-Single 1997) 3-Tracks If God Will Send **EXCELLENT** US $7.88 Buy It Now 3h 20m
Pure Prairie League - If The Shoe Fits LP US $8.65 Buy It Now 3h 30m
PHOEBE ONE ~ Ladies If Youre With Me ~ 12" Single PS US $6.39 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Tom Vek If you want / A little word in your ear 7" vinyl single US $5.99 Buy It Now 3h 38m
LENNY KRAVITZ if you can't say no VG+ One cent pro vinyl US $2.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
The AMES BROTHERS - If You Want My Heart / My Love, My Life RCA 78rpm US $7.61 Buy It Now 3h 41m
If It Ain't Stiff...A Stiff Records Collection (2001) CD US $12.80 Buy It Now 3h 44m
22-20S-GOT IT IF YOU WANT IT-JAPAN CD PAPER SLEEVE BONUS TRACK E75 US $24.50 Buy It Now 3h 45m
COWARD, Joseph - If You Want To Get Going Get Talking (To Me) - 7" US $10.64 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Harry Secombe If I Ruled The World LP US $9.60 Buy It Now 4h
Harry Secombe If I Ruled The World LP CN2001 US $9.60 Buy It Now 4h
I'd Go Crazy If It Weren't For Country Music, Gregory, Clinton, Good US $6.79 Buy It Now 4h
FRANK SINATRA "IF YOU GO AWAY" FRENCH 60'S 7' US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
TAMAR if you don't wanna love me CD pro single One cent CD US $0.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Status Quo. If You Can't Stand The Heat LP. Vertigo 9102 027. 1978. Exc. US $4.33 [2 bids]
Barry Manilow : If I Should Love Again : Vinyl Album : Arista : BMAN 1 US $9.28 Buy It Now 4h 20m
Northern Soul 45 The Fabulous Four - If I knew VG++ HEAR US $70.00 [0 bids]
Yvonne Elliman : If I Cant Have You-Best of CD (1995) US $13.22 Buy It Now 4h 27m
JEAN SHEPARD - Tomorrow I'll Be Gone / If You Can Walk CAPITOL 3618 - 78rpm US $11.86 Buy It Now 4h 41m
12" 45 Ure, Midge "If I Was" "Piano" "Man Who Sold The World" CHRYSALIS UREX 1 US $9.60 Buy It Now 4h 42m
7" 45 Amant "If There's Love" "If You Just Knew (How Much I Cared)" MARLIN 3332 US $11.20 Buy It Now 4h 43m
KIM APPLEBY if you cared 12" 3 track 12" remix b/w 12" ben chapman mix and 12" s US $8.40 Buy It Now 4h 45m
If U Gon Roll Blunts Lla LP EAS59810 VG+ PROMO US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 45m
CD TERRY O'CONNEL "IF YOU GIVE ME ONE MORE TRY" ROCK N ROLL ROCKABILLY US $20.50 Buy It Now 4h 45m
7" 45 EP Secombe, Harry "Songs To Remember - If I Ruled The.." WOMAN'S OWN P.156 US $9.60 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Sting 'If You Love Somebody' RARE DJ 12" SOULPOWER RMXS US $2.55 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Joan Osborne,CD,Relish,What If God Was One of Us,Relish US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
The Vaccines - If You Wanna - CD Single US $8.01 Buy It Now 4h 59m
Geri Halliwell - Scream If You Wanna Go Faster - CD Album US $6.01 Buy It Now 4h 59m
STING - If On A Winter's Night - CD US $7.77 Buy It Now 4h 59m
STING 7" Single-If You Love Somebody Set Them Free/Another Day, EX+ US $8.00 Buy It Now 5h
VINYL 7" SINGLE - IF I RULED THE WORLD - KURTIS BLOW - JAB26 US $11.20 Buy It Now 5h
FREDDIE & THE DREAMERS-If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody UK 7" VG+ Cond US $9.60 Buy It Now 5h 7m
Kreg Viesselman - If You Lose Your Light LP (NEW Vinyl 2012) Norway 886979367616 US $14.40 Buy It Now 5h 9m
BUCKS FIZZ : IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT 7" Vinyl 45 PICTURE DISC 1982 Ex. US $5.61 Buy It Now 5h 14m
If I Left the Zoo by Jars of Clay (CD, Nov-1999, SIL) US $2.00 [0 bids]
Patti La Belle p/s single (from James Bond soundtrack) - If You Asked Me To US $17.64 Buy It Now 5h 20m
LP Simply Red "A New Flame" WEA WX 242 244689-1 If You Don't Know Me By Now etc US $11.20 Buy It Now 5h 21m
STING-IF ON A WINTER'S NIGHT-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F25 US $26.50 Buy It Now 5h 22m
PRINCE IF I WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND UK 7" P/S W8334 1987 PAISLEY PARK US $6.39 Buy It Now 5h 22m
ELECTROTUNES - IF THIS AIN'T LOVE 7" 1980 EX/NM EMI US $22.50 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Embrace - If You've Never Been (2001) Virgin Britpop US $3.67 [0 bids]
LP Ure, Midge "The Gift" CHRYSALIS 207 088 Made in Germany If I Was, Wastelands US $9.60 Buy It Now 5h 24m
LP Welsh, Alex "If I Had A Talking Picture Of You" BLACK LION RECORDS BLP 12109 US $19.21 Buy It Now 5h 29m
SCOTT FITZGERALD & YVONNE KEELEY-IF I HAD WORDS US $0.16 [0 bids]
THE LOVELY EGGS - IF YOU WERE FRUIT [DELUXE EDITION] - NEW CD US $14.85 Buy It Now 5h 32m
THE IGUANAS - IF YOU SHOULD EVER FALL ON HARD TIMES [DIGIPAK] * - NEW CD US $12.47 Buy It Now 5h 33m
EVELYN KING-IF YOU WANT MY LOVIN US $0.16 [0 bids]
Bt - If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You & [CD New] US $13.98 Buy It Now 5h 34m
Status Quo If You Can't Stand The Heat Music Cassette Vertigo Label US $6.39 Buy It Now 5h 34m

More places to buy IF music online Buy IF & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for IF DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

IF Waterfall ratings distribution

IF Waterfall reviews

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars The new and improved fourth album

Unlike the band's first three albums, "If 4" was not released in North America, reportedly due to management and contractual issues. Later the same year though (1972), this album appeared in its place in those territories. As can be seen from the track listing, no less than four of the tracks on this album also appeared on "If 4" with two ("You in your small corner" and "Svenska Soma") being replaced by "Paint your pictures" and "Cast no shadows". The track order too is completely different, with "Sector 17", which seems to have been pruned back a bit, losing its headline spot to this album's title song. The two new tracks were recorded by a a slightly different line up with a new rhythm section and without John Mealing.

The re-ordering of the tracks means that the album gets off to a much more satisfactory start, with two in your face slices of jazz rock ("Waterfall" and "The light still shines") providing a tight, brass fuelled, attention grabbing first 10 minutes or so. "Sector 17" retains the extended guitar noodling of "If 4", but the sax excesses are kept in check.

"Paint your pictures" is one of the two tracks unique to this album. The song leans on the blues side of the band, the simple backing rhythm supporting an extended lead guitar break and some fine brass. From the keyboards work, it sound like John Mealing may in fact still have been around for this recording. "Cast No Shadows" has a distinctly The Who feel to it in the Roger Daltrey like vocals. The track otherwise has more in common with Chicago than BS&T, being reminiscent of "Does anybody really know what time it is" (to these ears at least!). The album closes with "Throw Myself to the Wind", a straightforward jazz rock number with a toe-tapping rhythm.

For me, this is a far more satisfactory configuration of "If 4" than the UK release. The bland fusion experiments are kept firmly in check, with the album benefiting from a feel much more in line with If's previous releases.

The 2003 re-release of the album has three bonus tracks. The first two of these are a single A and B side which contained an edited version of "Waterfall" and "You in your small corner", the most commercial track on "If 4". The final track is a superfluous mono version of the radio edit of "Waterfall".

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#459101) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post a review of IF "Waterfall"