THE PHANTOM AGONY

Epica

Epica The Phantom Agony album cover

Buy EPICA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. Adyta (The Neverending Embrace) (1:26)
2. Sensorium (4:48)
3. Cry for the Moon (The Embrace That Smothers, Part IV) (6:44)
4. Feint (4:19)
5. Illusive Consensus (5:00)
6. Fašade of Reality (The Embrace That Smothers, Part V) (8:12)
7. Run for a Fall (6:32)
8. Seif al Din (The Embrace That Smothers, Part VI) (5:47)
9. The Phantom Agony (9:01)
Total: 51:49

Search EPICA The Phantom Agony lyrics

Search EPICA The Phantom Agony tabs

- Mark Jansen / guitar, vocals
- Simone Simons / vocals
- Ad Sluijter / guitar
- Coen Janssen / keyboard
- Yves Huts / bass

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition

EPICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EPICA The Phantom Agony Music

Phantom AgonyPhantom Agony
Transmission Nl 2013
Epica - The Phantom Agony / TH Cassette USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA - Phantom Agony - 2 CD SET ( DOUBLE CD) DIGIPACK +bonus tracks USD $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Epica / The Phantom Agony JAPAN+1 OOP!!!!!!!! USD $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
EPICA - THE PHANTOM AGONY - EXPANDED EDITION - TM071 USD $26.77 Buy It Now 7 days
The Phantom Agony by Epica (CD, Apr-2013, Transmission) USD $49.99 Buy It Now 8 days
EPICA - The Phantom Agony +1 CD (Sealed) $2.99 Ship USD $16.99 Buy It Now 8 days
EPICA - The Phantom Agony +1, CD ORG Japan w/OBI Avalon 2003 OOP MICP-10388 USD $45.00 Buy It Now 8 days
Epica / The Phantom Agony JAPAN+1 1ST PRESS OOP!!!!!!!! *K USD $59.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Epica / The Phantom Agony JAPAN+1 CD+DVD OOP NEW!!!!!!!!!!! *Q USD $99.99 Buy It Now 10 days
EPICA - THE PHANTOM AGONY CD +1 (SEALED) $2.99 S&H USD $16.99 Buy It Now 12 days
Epica The Phantom Agony Brazil Edition 2CD [Import] USD $26.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Epica The Phantom Agony Brazil Edition CD [Import] USD $18.99 Buy It Now 13 days
Phantom Agony: Expanded Edition - Epica New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $34.28 Buy It Now 14 days
Epica-Phantom Agony Expanded Edition CD NEW USD $32.34 Buy It Now 21 days
Epica - Phantom Agony: Expanded Edition [CD New] USD $21.97 Buy It Now 22 days
EPICA - Phantom Agony - CD USD $10.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Epica - Phantom Agony: Expanded Edition CD USD $30.89 Buy It Now 22 days
Phantom Agony: Expanded Edition - 2 DISC SET - Epica (2013, CD New) USD $22.96 Buy It Now 23 days
EPICA The Phantom Agony Thai Cassette Seal OOP 3 USD SHIPPING WORLDWIDE USD $24.99 Buy It Now 25 days
EPICA - THE PHANTOM AGONY - NEW CD USD $18.99 Buy It Now 26 days
The Phantom Agony - 2CD Expanded Edition Epica CD USD $52.74 Buy It Now 27 days
EPICA - PHANTOM AGONY (BONUS) (CD) (DLX) (DIGIPAK) NEW CD USD $32.53 Buy It Now 28 days

More places to buy EPICA music online Buy EPICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EPICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EPICA The Phantom Agony ratings distribution

EPICA The Phantom Agony reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
5 stars 24 carat symphonic prog metal! One of the best debut albums I have ever seen in a long time. When I first heard about the band I was not very enthusiastic about it. Back in 2002 it was common place to find prog metal bands with female vocalists. Besides, I was never a big fan of After Forever, Mark Jansen's previous band. That band was good, but not really exceptional. So I was quite surprised when I heard Epica's CD being played in a record store I was just passing by. I was completely taken by that incredible and tasteful music. I bought the album hoping the remaning of it could be as good as what I listened there. Fortunalty my senses were right.

The songs were very well crafted, arranged and performed. The orchestral arrangements (with a real orchestra) and the choir (with real, professional classical singers) were not really a novelty, but man, were they good! They work as a part of the overall sound of guitars, keyboards, bass, drums and vocals. the result is stunning! Great symphonic, powerful, melodic and beautiful music that is hard to label. It's simply wonderful! And it gave the world the first taste of the fantastic singer Simone Simmons. She not only has a great, classical trained, voice, but she is also a strong and unique perfomer. She is really Epica's s most outstanding figure, in a group full of outstanding musicians.

All tracks are ecellent, very powerful and inspired. It's difficult to point some highlights here, since there is not fillers or even weaker tracks, but my favorites are Illusive Consensus, Sensorium and the poignant power ballad Feint, among others. The only parts I really don't like are some of the death metal vocals by guitarrist Mark Jensen, but they are few and far between. With a superb production and great booklet, this is one of the most surprising debut albums by any band in the new millenium.

I was not really goind to give it 5 stars, but upon hearing it again after all these years, it would be unfair to rated The Phantom Agony anything less. It is a masterpiece of prog music, IMO. And I recommended it to any prog lover that does not care for labels, but for great symphonic music.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#189068) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, November 13, 2008

4 stars This gets 4 stars. I think it deserves more than that, but the only thing after that is 5, and to be 5, at least in my rating system, it needs to be an absolute landmark of the progressive rock genre... something like Dark Side of the Moon. I will begin by saying that this album is amazing! I ... (read more)

Report this review (#220432) | Posted by HammerOfPink | Tuesday, June 09, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This album, quite frankly, is terribly overrated. Even Epica themselves have said that their second album is better (of course, that was right after they finished their second album, so maybe they had bias towards it). For those who were fans of After Forever's first 2 albums, the guitarist is t ... (read more)

Report this review (#200742) | Posted by Nuke | Monday, January 26, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars The symphonic gothic metal band Epica’s debut album is a fairly good start of their career. This album is a stepping stone to what they would achieve later with ‘Consign to Oblivion’. I won’t really compare ‘The Phantom Agony’ and ‘Consign’ because t ... (read more)

Report this review (#130290) | Posted by kazansky | Thursday, July 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EPICA "The Phantom Agony"