CONSIGN TO OBLIVION

Buy EPICA Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Hunab Ku (1:45)
2. Dance of Fate (5:13)
3. The Last Crusade (4:20)
4. Solitary Ground (4:23)
5. Blank Infinity (4:02)
6. Force of the Shore (4:02)
7. Quietus (3:46)
8. Mother of Light (5:57)
9. Trois Vierges (4:41)
10. Another Me (4:41)
11. Consign to Oblivion (9:46)
Total: 52:36

Bonus DVD with limited edition digipak
1. Consign to oblivion - Documentary

- Coen Janssen / keyboard
- Yves Huts / bass

Transmission records TME 052
Released as standard edition and Digipak "Limited edition" with bonus DVD

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

EPICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EPICA Consign to Oblivion Music

Phantom AgonyPhantom Agony
Transmission Nl 2013
Score: An Epic JourneyScore: An Epic Journey
Transmission 2005
Epica / The Phantom Agony JAPAN+1 1ST PRESS OOP!!!!!!!! *K US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
RAGE OF ROMANCE-s/t Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, The Agonist, Avantasia US $14.99 Buy It Now 5h 5m
EPICA BIG POSTER THE QUANTUM ENIGMA - Mayan/Nightwish/Lacuna Coil/Delain/Sirenia US $4.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
TARJA Turunen fantastic POSTER !!! NIGHTWISH !!! Epica/Within Temptation/Tuomas US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 34m
The Phantom Agony by Epica (CD, Apr-2013, Transmission) US $49.99 Buy It Now 7h 40m
We Will Take You With Us EPICA CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $13.40 Buy It Now 8h 48m
SIGNAL RUNNERS - ARIA EPICA - ANJUNABEATS RECORDS ANJ-074 US $6.46 [0 bids]
SIRENIA - At Sixes And Sevens CD 2002 Napalm OOP Epica Gothic US $7.00 [0 bids]
Epica Retrospect Sew On Patch NEW OFFICIAL US $4.46 Buy It Now 9h 40m
Epica - The Quantum Enigma [CD New] US $10.14 Buy It Now 9h 57m
Kamelot - Epica 2011 [CD New] US $17.99 Buy It Now 10h 48m
VISIONS OF ATLANTIS delta CD ( NIGHTWISH , EPICA ) US $7.99 Buy It Now 14h 52m
FRIGHTDOLL Lot of 2 CDs - see pics... Rare OOP Tarja Epica Tristania US $15.00 [0 bids]
EPICA THE QUANTUM ENIGMA ALBUM BLACK T-SHIRT S,M,L,XL,2XL MEN'S US $15.99 [0 bids]
EPICA - The Divine Conspiracy + Phantom agony - Lot of 2 CDs - see pic... US $19.99 [0 bids]
TRISTANIA - Beyond The Veil + Ashes - Lot of 2 CDs - see pic... Epica Sirenia US $19.99 [0 bids]
TARJA - My Winter Storm CD + Bonus DVD Digipak Nightwish Epica Tristania US $9.99 [0 bids]
ELIS catharsis CD ltd + 2 BONUS TRACKS NIGHTWISH EPICA US $7.99 Buy It Now 17h 35m
Epica Retrospect 10th anniversary 2014 Taiwan 2-DVD All Region New Sealed US $21.95 Buy It Now 18h 27m
EPICA design your universe CD - NOW SHIPPING US $8.95 Buy It Now 19h 41m
EPICA - The Score - An Epic Journey CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
EPICA-REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F75 US $28.50 Buy It Now 21h 43m
Epica The Quantum Enigma new album cover black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 21h 44m
BETO VAZQUEZ INFINITY-EXISTENCE-2 CD-symphonic-metal-epica-nightwish-avantasia US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TARJA- Left In The Dark cd NEW Nightwish Within Temptation Epica After Forever US $5.18 [3 bids]
Nightwish-Bless The Century Child RARE Live CD Tarja Turunen Epica US $19.99 [0 bids]
Epica - The Quantum Enigma LTD WHITE 2LP 100 copies factory sealed US $99.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA - THE QUANTUM ENIGMA * (727361322229) - NEW CD US $6.46 Buy It Now 1 day
Battlelore - Where The Shadows Lie (Leaves' Eyes, Epica, Nightwish) US $4.99 [0 bids]
HDK-System Overload cd new Epica After Forever Nightwish Stream of Passion US $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Tarja - Henkäys Ikuisuudesta (CD 2006) NIGHTWISH EPICA AFTER FOREVER US $45.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Battlelore - Third Age Of The Sun (Leaves Eyes, Eluveitie, Epica) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Battlelore - The Last Alliance (Leaves Eyes, Eluveitie, Epica) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Battlelore - Sword's Song (Leaves Eyes, Eluveitie, Epica) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Epica - Retrospect 2013 [CD New] US $95.24 Buy It Now 1 day
Epica - The Quantum Enigma - U.S. cd 090314 US $9.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Epica Requiem For The Indifferent Mug NEW OFFICIAL US $17.01 Buy It Now 1 day
HAPPY DRIVERS EPICA CARMINA PSYCHOBILLY NEO ROCKABILLY LP US $30.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA the divine conspiracy 2 CD SPECIAL EDITION LTD US $10.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MIDNATTSOL nordlys CD +1BONUS! FEM METAL GOTHIC (epica US $8.95 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA THE QUANTUM ENIGMA RARE UKR ORIGINAL CD BRAND NEW SYMPHONIC METAL US $10.49 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA The Classical Conspiracy Korea 2 CD New KAMELOT AVANTASIA US $16.99 Buy It Now 2 days
5 METAL AND ROCK CDS +DVD HYPOCRISY EPICA BILLY TALENT WHITE ZOMBIE CDS ONLY US $6.46 [0 bids]
AFTER FOREVER MEA CULPA 32 TRACK DELUXE 2CD 2006 FEATURING EPICA NIGHTWISH US $5.99 [4 bids]
EPICA - The Quantum Enigma US $11.99 Buy It Now 2 days
KAMELOT - EPICA - *NEW CD* *SEALED* US $8.91 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - DESIGN YOUR UNIVERSE [727361234522] - NEW CD US $10.71 Buy It Now 2 days
THERION Les fleurs du mal new cd 2012 amazing release NIGHTWISH EPICA TARJA US $9.95 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA The Quantum Enigma CD FEMALE FRONTED METAL GOTHIC METAL US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA**QUANTUM ENIGMA**2 CD SET US $16.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Requiem for the Indifferent by Epica *New CD* US $11.24 Buy It Now 2 days
The Quantum Enigma by Epica *New CD* US $8.24 Buy It Now 2 days
The Classical Conspiracy by Epica *New CD* US $12.05 Buy It Now 2 days
LUNATICA New Shores Korea CD New EPICA US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LUNATICA The Edge Of Infinity (2 Bonus Track) Korea CD New EPICA US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA The Quantum Enigma 1 CD (+2 bonus tracks ) US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot Epica 2003 Japan CD 1st Press With Obi Bonus PCCY-01637 OOP HTF Rare US $59.80 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT, 2012 GERMAN CLEAR vinyl 2LP + POSTER! NEW! US $41.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Therion - Lemuria /Sirius B (Haggard, Hollenthon, Septicflesh, Epica, Amorphis) US $5.99 [0 bids]
TRISTANIA - WORLD OF GLASS CD NIGHTWISH DRACONIAN EPICA US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MANDRAKE - MARY CELESTE CD tiamat epica elis the gathering nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TAROT - GRAVITY OF LIGHT CD NEW NIGHTWISH EPICA KAMELOT US $5.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Xystus / Equilibrio JAPAN Epica Circus Maximus Dream Theater OOP NEW!!!!! US $59.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Asrai-Pearls in Dirt cd velvet digi Epica Nightwish Imperia Kittie gothic metal US $8.00 Buy It Now 3 days
TRISTANIA - WORLD OF GLASS CD NEW NIGHTWISH EPICA US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica band great black t-shirt S-XL size US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
The Phantom Agony EPICA CD ( FREE SHIPPING) US $12.51 Buy It Now 3 days
Audiomachine-Epica CD NEW US $18.09 Buy It Now 3 days
ANGEL "A Woman's Diary - Chapter 1" rare PROMO CD 2005 Trail Of Tears / Epica US $6.99 [0 bids]
EPICA We Will Take You With Us (CD) US $49.95 Buy It Now 3 days
Quantum Enigma [Bonus Disc] [Digipak] by Epica (CD 2014) 2 Discs Ltd. Ed. US $4.14 [6 bids]
Requiem for the Indifferent by Epica (CD 2012 Nuclear Blast) 1st Pressing US $1.04 [2 bids]
Design Your Universe by Epica (CD, Nov-2009, Nuclear Blast (USA)) US $1.04 [2 bids]
EPICA-RETROSPECT (W/DVD) (LTD) CD NEW US $42.66 Buy It Now 3 days
EPICA-QUANTUM ENIGMA CD NEW US $18.36 Buy It Now 3 days
Queen En Concierto La epica banda britanica de los 80's Mexican DVD Mexico US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent (NEW CD) US $12.54 Buy It Now 3 days
EPICA - QUANTUM ENIGMA NEW CD US $17.26 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica - Design Your Universe (2009) - New - Compact Disc US $11.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - Quantum Enigma (Dlx) (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $14.46 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA excl cond CD ltd ed WE WILL TAKE YOU WITH US no booklet (2005) digipack US $16.19 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - The Classical Conspiracy (NEW CD) US $12.54 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - Quantum Enigma [Vinyl New] US $42.98 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA - DESIGN YOUR UNIVERSE NEW CD US $20.48 Buy It Now 4 days
DIVINE CONSPIRACY BY EPICA (CD) US $20.96 Buy It Now 4 days
DESIGN YOUR UNIVERSE BY EPICA (CD) US $20.96 Buy It Now 4 days
CLASSICAL CONSPIRACY BY EPICA (CD) US $21.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA BY KAMELOT (CD) US $17.25 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA - REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $20.97 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - Design Your Universe CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - Divine Conspiracy CD Pop Rock US $17.62 Buy It Now 4 days
Barrios Liliana - Epica CD Pop Int'L & World Music Argentina Tango US $21.84 Buy It Now 4 days
Audiomachine - Epica CD Classical Chamber Music & Recitals US $20.65 Buy It Now 4 days
The Quantum Enigma (Deluxe 2CD) by Epica: Format: Audio CD US $19.23 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica - The Quantum Enigma (NEW CD SET) US $64.79 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA The Quantum Enigma 2x Vinyl LP 2014 NEW & SEALED Bonus Track US $29.08 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Eternity (RARE CD 1995) EPICA CONCEPTION RHAPSODY OF FIRE AMARANTHE US $63.17 Buy It Now 5 days
EPICA - RETROSPECT 10Th Anniversary Woven patch NEW Officially licensed US $4.84 Buy It Now 5 days
Epica - Retrospect - 10th anniversary - NB3117-8 US $27.37 Buy It Now 5 days
EPICA-THE QUANTUM ENIGMA-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F83 US $28.50 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy EPICA music online Buy EPICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EPICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EPICA Consign to Oblivion ratings distribution

EPICA Consign to Oblivion reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars A very hard CD to review and to rate. Epica's second efford is surely very good, but it pales when compared to the impact of their debut. Ok, let's be fair, you can't expect one masterpiece after the other. With success comes a lot of pressure, and I wonder how much pressure those guys were under after the unexpected success of their first release. So Consigh To Oblivion sounds to me like it was released before the band had time to fully develop the ideas for this record. That does not mean that this record is bad. Not al all. In fact it is very good.

The orchestral arrangements, the choirs and the production are all superb. The band is as sharp and skillful as ever. Simone Simmons is definitly one of the best female prog metal singers in the world. The only department that is not in full use is the songwriting's. All tunes are good, ok, but the album brings nothing especial or different from the first one. I think that if they had more time to work their ideas the result could be a lot better, but I'm just guessing.

All in all a worth album to have, especially if you like the first one. here are enough good moments to grant a 3 star rating at least. Maybe 3,5, because they are so special. But this CD could be bigger.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#189410) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 15, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Consign to repeated listening

Released 2 years after their debut, Epica's "Consign to Oblivion" sees the band adopting an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach. Indeed, not only does this album follow on seamlessly from "The Phantom Agony", it would fit equally well in the discography of Mark Jansen's previous band After Forever. The overall concept of the album revolves around the Mayan culture which has been "Consigned to oblivion". Intriguingly though, the sleeve notes advise us that the longest time cycle of that culture comes to an end in 2012, although it is unclear what will happen at that time. Watch this space..

The albums opens with a suitably pompous overture featuring orchestra and choir, sounding for all the world like the theme to an epic western. As we segue into "Dance of fate", the double paced drums and anthemic chants could be mistaken for one of Rhapsody's Hollywood metal excesses. Only when the pure tones of Simone Simons mezzo-soprano vocals hit the screen do we find the band's signature.

It is of course easy at this stage to make valid comparisons with the work of Nightwish, who plough a similar furrow. Although the two bands do indeed march to similar drums, there are clear differences between them. Epica for example appear to place more emphasis on the pomposity, and to these ears are generally heavier. This makes the contrasts between the metallic basis of the songs and the choral arrangements even more marked, the opening segment of "The last crusade" being a good case in point.

Simons comes to the fore on the fine power ballad "Solitary ground", one of a number of songs where she writes her own lyrics. The following "Blank infinity" combines that ballad style with the epic metal of the bulk of the album, thus forming a good transition song. "Force of the short" is the first track here to include growled vocals, but these are suitably masked by the loud and progressive arrangement, and contrasted by soprano chorales.

We revisit Rhapsody territories for "Quietus", which opens with folk like harpsichord leading to a Nightwish like power metal number. Four of the eleven tracks are nominally linked by the sub-title "A new age dawns", although the link appears to be thematic rather than musical. These tracks are not contiguous, but spread throughout the album. "Mother of light" is the third such piece, the previous two being the opening overture and "The last crusade". The track mixes a looser style of pop rock type vocal with fast operatic bursts and a fine core of softer vocal.

"Trois Vierges" was originally written for the film "Joyride", the song featuring guest vocals by Roy Khan of Kamelot alongside Simons. The song is a strangely reflective number which does not really fit with the rest of the album. Normal service resumes though with "Another me", a song which captures the Mayan doctrine that "What goes around comes around" or to put it another way "You reap what you sow". The song is a more orthodox pomp metal number with operatic overtones. The title track, which closes the album, forms the final part of the "New age dawns" quartet. This epic piece is by far the longest on the album at a shade under 10 minutes. Here the band draw together all the strands which make up the album in a wonderful cacophony of opera, orchestra, growls, metal and melodic vocal.

In all, a fine album which will appeal to those who enjoy the music of Rhapsody, Nightwish, After Crying etc. There is nothing particularly original or different here, so the album does not distinguish itself from its peers to any great extent. It is though a highly enjoyable piece of over the top pomposity.

The "Limited edition" version includes a DVD which contains a superficial introduction to each of the band members and some studio footage. Unfortunately, apart from a clip from a gig at the end (which sounds like it has been overdubbed), there is little in the way of performance and no videos. To that extent, the DVD is an opportunity missed.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#202475) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 12, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars Half-star to Masterpiece ...

What I have in my mind so far is that Epica plays power metal music and I did not pay particular attention to its releases. Yes, I bought the CD of the later album "Divine Conspiracy" and now I am shocked having this album which in fact was released long time ago. It matters to me because some of the music reminds me to Haggard's "Tales of Ithiria" which I have adored so far. Other parts of the music remind me to Kamelot.

Well, I don't wanna talk some more about who the band is as I assume that most of you are fully aware about it and if you aren't ...easy man...just click your computer and ask Dr Google to explain it. What I really wanna do in this write-up is to share with you about the outcome, not really the output of the music. frankly, I really want to do differently in my review style as I have been - in so far - focus more on the output, i.e. the quality of the music instead of what I feel about it. Why do I need to do it differently? Because that's what lacking so far - there have been many reviews that concentrate ore on quality, eg. the musical composition as well as the musicians' performance in the album. That's all about the output. Quality output does not directly correspond to good outcome. How come? I give you a simple example. No one would argue on the quality of classical music, especially with those made by top-class composer such as Beethoven, Mozart, Thcakovsky (spelling?). For me personally, classical music does not satisfy my needs in terms of my feeling towards the music. Why? Simple. So far, classical music is like a lobby music - i.e. the music that frequently played at the hotel lobby. The circumstances and nuances where I listen to the music do not support me to have a special feeling about the music. Music is emotion ...

Let's see this Consign to Oblivion

Easy to Digest. That's the first reaction from me the first time I played this album. Oh man ... I love the orchestral piece "Hunab Ku (1:45) the first time I listened to it and I could digest it very easily. That's probably my association with Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura" as an opening piece of "Forever" in Karma album. It's hard for me to differentiate which one I love most between this and Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura". But when the music enters to the next track "Dance of Fate" (5:13) there is a disconnected piece in between. That's OK because the second track is basically mind-boggling with its riffs as well as powerful female vocal that reminds me to Tarja Turunen (ex vocalist of Nightwish). My point is that the overall music of this album is easy to digest and makes me happy while listening to it.

Captivating. It's true. From the first time I played this album, I feel that the emotion created as result of listening to this album is really captivating and makes me energized even though there are segments or even songs with mellow style like the "Solitary Ground". I really enjoy this track having listened to the third track "The Last Crusade" which has higher energy than the second track. The band is successful in creating pieces of music that combines great choirs, poweful symphonic nuances combined with power metal riffs and excellent vocal. I enjoy the album from start to end and usually I keep repeating again because I want to restart from the beginning again.

Rich in Variety. Well, what I mean here is basically more on the singing style that combines female vocal, choirs and growling vocal. I do enjoy the one like "Force of The Shore". The growling vocal sounds really good and I sometimes replayed this song again. In general, Epica is excellent in combining the female vocal, metal riffs, orchestra arrangements and growling vocals. Oh.. I forget to tell you that all songs have a very solid melody that is memorable and makes you sing when you repeat the song for the second time. "Quietus" reminds me to the music of Rhapsody (of Fire).

All of the three things (the bold words) have made me energized when I listen to this album. That' means a lot to me because I can have high energy and keep myself motivated the whole day. That's what the music is for. In terms of outcome - how satisfied I am with the music - I would say this album is only half-star to masterpiece. Four and a-half stars and very highly recommended, especially if you have metal-mind. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#287965) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 stars This is probably the most solidly constructed album epica has written. Unlike their first album, the level of cheesy cliches has been greatly reduced, and unlike their new album, this album is somewhat restrained. In other words, fans of gothic metal might prefer this one, fans of prog metal mi ... (read more)

Report this review (#200819) | Posted by Nuke | Tuesday, January 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars ‘Consign to Oblivion’ is my introduction to Epica, and what a great experience it was! Their music is probably not the most original of all (even the band name was taken from Kamelot’s album), but that’s not a problem at all because they have their own style. Gothic metal ... (read more)

Report this review (#130289) | Posted by kazansky | Thursday, July 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EPICA "Consign to Oblivion"