CONSIGN TO OBLIVION

Buy EPICA Music
Studio Album, released in 2005

1. Hunab Ku (1:45)
2. Dance of Fate (5:13)
3. The Last Crusade (4:20)
4. Solitary Ground (4:23)
5. Blank Infinity (4:02)
6. Force of the Shore (4:02)
7. Quietus (3:46)
8. Mother of Light (5:57)
9. Trois Vierges (4:41)
10. Another Me (4:41)
11. Consign to Oblivion (9:46)
Total: 52:36

Bonus DVD with limited edition digipak
1. Consign to oblivion - Documentary

- Coen Janssen / keyboard
- Yves Huts / bass

Transmission records TME 052
Released as standard edition and Digipak "Limited edition" with bonus DVD

Thanks to MikeEnRegalia for the addition
and to easy livin for the last updates

EPICA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy EPICA Consign to Oblivion Music

Phantom AgonyPhantom Agony
Transmission Nl 2013
We Will Take You With UsWe Will Take You With Us
The End Records 2005
Nightwish - Bye Bye Beautiful (SEALED DELETED CD 2008) EPICA TAROT MY BETROTHED US $5.07 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Taiwan BonusTrk CD w/OBI NEW 2014 MaYan Antagonise Mark Jansen Laura Macrì epica US $24.99 Buy It Now 2h 25m
Epica - Kamelot US $9.03 Buy It Now 3h 29m
Taiwan BonusTrack 2-CD Set SEALED! Epica 2014 The Quantum Enigma Simone Simons US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 19m
Epica (CD, Aug-2012, Audiomachine) US $16.14 Buy It Now 6h 43m
BAJEL metal opera ( 15 musicians WARCRY AVANTASIA EPICA US $8.49 Buy It Now 13h 2m
EPICA THE QUANTUM ENIGMA CD NEW US $21.66 Buy It Now 14h 3m
Requiem for the Indifferent EPICA + 1 BONUS TRACK ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.05 Buy It Now 19h 6m
LEAVES EYES My Destiny CD Nightwish Lacuna Coil Epica Liv Kristine / Napalm '09 US $13.58 Buy It Now 20h 27m
Epica - The Quantum Enigma - NB3222-2 US $18.76 Buy It Now 21h 58m
EPICA The Quantum Enigma CD+1 2014 NEW SEALED Ships from SWEDEN US $13.99 Buy It Now 22h 57m
Epica - The Phantom Agony / TH Cassette US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAYAN QUARTERPAST SEALED CD NEW MARK JANSEN EPICA US $5.68 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA: DESIGN YOUR UNIVERSE Music CD Used (2009) US $6.49 [0 bids]
Epica by Kamelot (U.S.) (CD, Feb-2003, Noise (USA)) US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Cantata Sangui-On Rituals and Correspondence cd new Epica Nightwish Tristania US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA**REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT (BONUS TRACK)**CD US $12.58 Buy It Now 1 day
LUNATICA - New Shores epica metal ( with female vocals) US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Requiem for the Indifferent [Bonus Tracks] by Epica (CD, Mar-2012, Nuclear... US $16.81 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA Requiem for the indifferent CD DIGIPACK+1 bonustrack NOSTALGIA) Ships NOW US $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA The Phantom Agony EXTENDED 2 CD SET DOUBLE CD +BONUS TRACKS ( digipack US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NightWish - StoryTime (10 White) lacuna coil, Epica, After Forever, Metallica US $24.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HAPPY DRIVERS EPICA CARMINA PSYCHOBILLY NEO ROCKABILLY RED VINYL LP US $38.00 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA - The Score - An Epic Journey CD US $15.00 [0 bids]
EPICA THE QUANTUM ENIGMA JAPAN CD WITH BONUS TRACK US $33.80 Buy It Now 1 day
Quantum Enigma [Extra Tracks] by Epica : Format: Audio CD US $18.08 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA - THE QUANTUM ENIGMA, ORG 2014 GERMAN CLEAR vinyl 2LP, 300 COPIES! SEALED! US $40.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAYAN Antagonise CD digipak + bonus track EPICA 2014 Pre-order US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
EPICA / RETROSPECT [3 CD] NEW SEALED US $24.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Epica - The Quantum Enigma +1 Bonus Track CD NEW $2.99 S/H US $18.98 Buy It Now 1 day
XIAO YU (Drizzle) ???? ???? CD 2014 Chinese INDIE Female Fronted Metal EPICA NEW US $16.99 Buy It Now 1 day
NIGHTWISH GIRLIE SHIRT TARJA WITHIN TEMPTATION LACUNA COIL EPICA THERION US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
DEW SCENTED Invocation DIG CD SEVERE TORTURE PROTECTOR EPICA US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - The Phantom Agony - Expanded Edition NEW 2 x CD US $23.10 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT [CD NEW] US $13.32 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - Design Your Universe [CD New] US $13.02 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - The Quantum Enigma Double CD (CD New) US $27.14 Buy It Now 2 days
Lacuna Coil - Comalies CD (Sealed) (Epica, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Delain) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Lacuna Coil - Shallow Life CD (Amaranthe, Nightwish, Tarja, Epica, Delain) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Lacuna Coil - Karmacode CD (Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation, Delain) US $1.50 [0 bids]
Barrios,Liliana - Epica [CD New] US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Kamelot-One Cold Winters Night Live RARE 2 CD Set Conception Epica style US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LILIANA BARRIOS - EPICA NEW CD US $26.03 Buy It Now 2 days
Trail of Tears - Existentia (Sirenia Tristania Epica Stormlord Battlelore) US $0.99 [0 bids]
KAMELOT - EPICA (IMPORT) NEW CD US $23.31 Buy It Now 2 days
meleshesh-the epigenesis POSTER 11x18 nightwish epica lacuna coil US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Divine Conspiracy - Epica US $12.30 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - CLASSICAL CONSPIRACY NEW CD US $23.31 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - Phantom Agony - CD US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
THE GATHERING Always 2LP EPICA, OPETH, AMORPHIS, MY DYING BRIDE, TIAMAT ANATHEMA US $29.99 [0 bids]
ELIS griefshire ( female masterpiece ) EPICA nightwish US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - The Road To Paradiso (CD WITH 94 PAGE PHOTOBOOK) NIGHTWISH AFTER FOREVER US $108.61 Buy It Now 2 days
EPICA - DIVINE CONSPIRACY NEW CD US $22.16 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica: Requiem for the indifferent (2012) CD + NOSTALGIA TAIWAN SEALED US $21.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - Classical Conspiracy CD US $19.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent CD US $17.62 Buy It Now 2 days
TRISTANIA - DARKEST WHITE CD NEW DIGI EPICA ELIS NIGHTWISH US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
TRISTANIA - WORLD OF GLASS CD NEW NIGHTWISH EPICA US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
After Forever / Remagine JAPAN Epica Within Temptation A US $29.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BESEECH - SOULS HIGHWAY + SUNLESS DAYS CD DIGI ELIS EPICA CREMATORY US $8.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica - Classical Conspiracy [CD New] US $12.52 Buy It Now 3 days
MAYAN Antagonise CD digipak + bonus track EPICA 2014 In stock US $9.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Requiem for the Indifferent EPICA CD DIJIPACK +1 BONUS TRACK ( FREE SHIPPING) US $10.14 Buy It Now 3 days
EPICA design your universe LIMITED +1 BONUS Track US $7.49 Buy It Now 3 days
EPICA - Road to Paradiso - CD and Book US $14.99 [0 bids]
EPICA BIG POSTER THE QUANTUM ENIGMA - Mayan/Nightwish/Lacuna Coil/Delain/Sirenia US $4.99 [0 bids]
EPICA - THE PHANTOM AGONY CD +1 (SEALED) $2.99 S&H US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
THY SYMPHONY-A NEW BEGINNING (2013) BRAZILIAN SYMPHONIC METAL EPICA NIGHTWISH TH US $6.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica The Quantum Enigma new 2 X LP sealed record GOLD vinyl 2014 limited 100 US $80.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica The Quantum Enigma new 2 X LP sealed record WHITE vinyl 2014 VIP 020/100 US $100.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Epica: Road to Paradiso [PHOTO SOUND BOOK] US $70.00 [0 bids]
EPICA-THE QUANTUM ENIGMA-JAPAN CD BONUS TRACK F83 US $30.50 Buy It Now 3 days
After Forever / ST JAPAN+2 Within Temptation Epica A US $34.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Requiem for the Indifferent, Epica, New US $15.05 Buy It Now 4 days
KAMELOT (U.S.) - EPICA [KAMELOT (U.S.)] - NEW CD US $6.81 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica Retrospect CD+DVD Limited Edition 5 Disc Boxset Metal 2013 New US $42.42 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica The Quantum Enigma limited edition 3 CD Earbook US $75.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Epica: The Road to Paradiso AUTOGRAPHED COPY, Book + CD w/ 2 new tracks! US $10.00 [1 bids]
Epica - Retrospect JPN CD Pop Rock US $95.25 Buy It Now 4 days
Kamelot - Epica Arg CD Pop Rock US $19.11 Buy It Now 4 days
XANDRIA neverworld´s end CD (within temptation, nightwish, epica ) + BONUS TRACK US $8.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA The Quantum Enigma 2 CD digi LTD + 2 bonus tracks + Acoustic CD Pre-order US $12.99 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA "Design Your Universe" CD, 2009 Nuclear Blast (Compact Disc) NEW US $13.60 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA "The Divine Conspiracy" CD, 2007 Nuclear Blast (Compact Disc) NEW US $13.60 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA "Requiem for the Indifferent" CD, 2012 Nuclear Blast (Compact Disc) NEW US $13.60 Buy It Now 4 days
EPICA "The Classical Conspiracy" (Live In Miskolc, Hungary) CD, 2013 US $14.60 Buy It Now 4 days
MESHUGGAH Lacuna Coil Inches of Blood WOODS OF YPRES Insomnium EPICA metal cd US $4.95 [0 bids]
MESHUGGAH Lacuna Coil Inches of Blood WOODS OF YPRES Insomnium EPICA metal cd US $3.95 [0 bids]
EPICA *GUITAR TABS * Software CD US $8.95 Buy It Now 5 days
Epica: Design your Universe (2009) CD TAIWAN SEALED US $21.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Epica - Retrospect [CD New] US $45.98 Buy It Now 5 days
Epica - Design Your Universe (CD new) US $23.07 Buy It Now 5 days
Sonata Arctica - For the Sake of Revenge CD \ DVD (Kamelot, Epica, Nightwish) US $3.00 [0 bids]
EPICA The Quantum Enigma 2 CD ( digi edition acoustic cd +2 bonus track) US $12.99 Buy It Now 5 days
EPICA-RETROSPECT-JAPAN 3 CD L00 US $52.50 Buy It Now 5 days
DARK MOOR Ars Musica (2 Bonus Track) KOREA CD New EPICA NIGHTWISH US $14.99 Buy It Now 5 days
New EPICA Tour 2014 E002 Black Tee Shirt Size S M L XL 2XL US $23.88 Buy It Now 5 days
New EPICA Tour 2014 E002 Black Tee Shirt Size S M L XL 2XL US $20.88 Buy It Now 5 days

More places to buy EPICA music online Buy EPICA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for EPICA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

EPICA Consign to Oblivion ratings distribution

EPICA Consign to Oblivion reviews

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars A very hard CD to review and to rate. Epica's second efford is surely very good, but it pales when compared to the impact of their debut. Ok, let's be fair, you can't expect one masterpiece after the other. With success comes a lot of pressure, and I wonder how much pressure those guys were under after the unexpected success of their first release. So Consigh To Oblivion sounds to me like it was released before the band had time to fully develop the ideas for this record. That does not mean that this record is bad. Not al all. In fact it is very good.

The orchestral arrangements, the choirs and the production are all superb. The band is as sharp and skillful as ever. Simone Simmons is definitly one of the best female prog metal singers in the world. The only department that is not in full use is the songwriting's. All tunes are good, ok, but the album brings nothing especial or different from the first one. I think that if they had more time to work their ideas the result could be a lot better, but I'm just guessing.

All in all a worth album to have, especially if you like the first one. here are enough good moments to grant a 3 star rating at least. Maybe 3,5, because they are so special. But this CD could be bigger.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#189410) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, November 15, 2008

Review by Easy Livin
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin
4 stars Consign to repeated listening

Released 2 years after their debut, Epica's "Consign to Oblivion" sees the band adopting an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" approach. Indeed, not only does this album follow on seamlessly from "The Phantom Agony", it would fit equally well in the discography of Mark Jansen's previous band After Forever. The overall concept of the album revolves around the Mayan culture which has been "Consigned to oblivion". Intriguingly though, the sleeve notes advise us that the longest time cycle of that culture comes to an end in 2012, although it is unclear what will happen at that time. Watch this space..

The albums opens with a suitably pompous overture featuring orchestra and choir, sounding for all the world like the theme to an epic western. As we segue into "Dance of fate", the double paced drums and anthemic chants could be mistaken for one of Rhapsody's Hollywood metal excesses. Only when the pure tones of Simone Simons mezzo-soprano vocals hit the screen do we find the band's signature.

It is of course easy at this stage to make valid comparisons with the work of Nightwish, who plough a similar furrow. Although the two bands do indeed march to similar drums, there are clear differences between them. Epica for example appear to place more emphasis on the pomposity, and to these ears are generally heavier. This makes the contrasts between the metallic basis of the songs and the choral arrangements even more marked, the opening segment of "The last crusade" being a good case in point.

Simons comes to the fore on the fine power ballad "Solitary ground", one of a number of songs where she writes her own lyrics. The following "Blank infinity" combines that ballad style with the epic metal of the bulk of the album, thus forming a good transition song. "Force of the short" is the first track here to include growled vocals, but these are suitably masked by the loud and progressive arrangement, and contrasted by soprano chorales.

We revisit Rhapsody territories for "Quietus", which opens with folk like harpsichord leading to a Nightwish like power metal number. Four of the eleven tracks are nominally linked by the sub-title "A new age dawns", although the link appears to be thematic rather than musical. These tracks are not contiguous, but spread throughout the album. "Mother of light" is the third such piece, the previous two being the opening overture and "The last crusade". The track mixes a looser style of pop rock type vocal with fast operatic bursts and a fine core of softer vocal.

"Trois Vierges" was originally written for the film "Joyride", the song featuring guest vocals by Roy Khan of Kamelot alongside Simons. The song is a strangely reflective number which does not really fit with the rest of the album. Normal service resumes though with "Another me", a song which captures the Mayan doctrine that "What goes around comes around" or to put it another way "You reap what you sow". The song is a more orthodox pomp metal number with operatic overtones. The title track, which closes the album, forms the final part of the "New age dawns" quartet. This epic piece is by far the longest on the album at a shade under 10 minutes. Here the band draw together all the strands which make up the album in a wonderful cacophony of opera, orchestra, growls, metal and melodic vocal.

In all, a fine album which will appeal to those who enjoy the music of Rhapsody, Nightwish, After Crying etc. There is nothing particularly original or different here, so the album does not distinguish itself from its peers to any great extent. It is though a highly enjoyable piece of over the top pomposity.

The "Limited edition" version includes a DVD which contains a superficial introduction to each of the band members and some studio footage. Unfortunately, apart from a clip from a gig at the end (which sounds like it has been overdubbed), there is little in the way of performance and no videos. To that extent, the DVD is an opportunity missed.

Send comments to Easy Livin (BETA) | Report this review (#202475) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, February 12, 2009

Review by Gatot
4 stars Half-star to Masterpiece ...

What I have in my mind so far is that Epica plays power metal music and I did not pay particular attention to its releases. Yes, I bought the CD of the later album "Divine Conspiracy" and now I am shocked having this album which in fact was released long time ago. It matters to me because some of the music reminds me to Haggard's "Tales of Ithiria" which I have adored so far. Other parts of the music remind me to Kamelot.

Well, I don't wanna talk some more about who the band is as I assume that most of you are fully aware about it and if you aren't ...easy man...just click your computer and ask Dr Google to explain it. What I really wanna do in this write-up is to share with you about the outcome, not really the output of the music. frankly, I really want to do differently in my review style as I have been - in so far - focus more on the output, i.e. the quality of the music instead of what I feel about it. Why do I need to do it differently? Because that's what lacking so far - there have been many reviews that concentrate ore on quality, eg. the musical composition as well as the musicians' performance in the album. That's all about the output. Quality output does not directly correspond to good outcome. How come? I give you a simple example. No one would argue on the quality of classical music, especially with those made by top-class composer such as Beethoven, Mozart, Thcakovsky (spelling?). For me personally, classical music does not satisfy my needs in terms of my feeling towards the music. Why? Simple. So far, classical music is like a lobby music - i.e. the music that frequently played at the hotel lobby. The circumstances and nuances where I listen to the music do not support me to have a special feeling about the music. Music is emotion ...

Let's see this Consign to Oblivion

Easy to Digest. That's the first reaction from me the first time I played this album. Oh man ... I love the orchestral piece "Hunab Ku (1:45) the first time I listened to it and I could digest it very easily. That's probably my association with Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura" as an opening piece of "Forever" in Karma album. It's hard for me to differentiate which one I love most between this and Kamelot's "Regalis Apertura". But when the music enters to the next track "Dance of Fate" (5:13) there is a disconnected piece in between. That's OK because the second track is basically mind-boggling with its riffs as well as powerful female vocal that reminds me to Tarja Turunen (ex vocalist of Nightwish). My point is that the overall music of this album is easy to digest and makes me happy while listening to it.

Captivating. It's true. From the first time I played this album, I feel that the emotion created as result of listening to this album is really captivating and makes me energized even though there are segments or even songs with mellow style like the "Solitary Ground". I really enjoy this track having listened to the third track "The Last Crusade" which has higher energy than the second track. The band is successful in creating pieces of music that combines great choirs, poweful symphonic nuances combined with power metal riffs and excellent vocal. I enjoy the album from start to end and usually I keep repeating again because I want to restart from the beginning again.

Rich in Variety. Well, what I mean here is basically more on the singing style that combines female vocal, choirs and growling vocal. I do enjoy the one like "Force of The Shore". The growling vocal sounds really good and I sometimes replayed this song again. In general, Epica is excellent in combining the female vocal, metal riffs, orchestra arrangements and growling vocals. Oh.. I forget to tell you that all songs have a very solid melody that is memorable and makes you sing when you repeat the song for the second time. "Quietus" reminds me to the music of Rhapsody (of Fire).

All of the three things (the bold words) have made me energized when I listen to this album. That' means a lot to me because I can have high energy and keep myself motivated the whole day. That's what the music is for. In terms of outcome - how satisfied I am with the music - I would say this album is only half-star to masterpiece. Four and a-half stars and very highly recommended, especially if you have metal-mind. Keep on proggin' ...!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#287965) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, June 23, 2010

4 stars This is probably the most solidly constructed album epica has written. Unlike their first album, the level of cheesy cliches has been greatly reduced, and unlike their new album, this album is somewhat restrained. In other words, fans of gothic metal might prefer this one, fans of prog metal mi ... (read more)

Report this review (#200819) | Posted by Nuke | Tuesday, January 27, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars ‘Consign to Oblivion’ is my introduction to Epica, and what a great experience it was! Their music is probably not the most original of all (even the band name was taken from Kamelot’s album), but that’s not a problem at all because they have their own style. Gothic metal ... (read more)

Report this review (#130289) | Posted by kazansky | Thursday, July 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of EPICA "Consign to Oblivion"