HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (AUSTRALIAN VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. Give It A Whirl (2:51)
2. My Mistake (3:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. Late Last Night (4:04)
5. I Got You (3:29)
6. Shark Attack (2:58)
7. Poor Boy (3:26)
8. I Hope I Never (4:32)
9. History Never Repeats (2:58)
10. One Step Ahead (2:52)
11. Dirty Creature (4:02)
12. Pioneer (1:30)
13. Six Months In A Leaky Boat (4:26)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Message To My Girl (3:59)
16. Charlie (5:31)

Track List 30th Anniversary Australian Edition:

1. History Never Repeats (2:58)
2. Dirty Creature (4:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. My Mistake (3:02)
5. I Walk Away (3:50) [Bonus Track]
6. I Got you (3:29)
7. Shark Attack (2:58)
8. One Step Ahead (2:52)
9. Pioneer (1:30)
10. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)
12. I Hope I Never (4:32)
13. Message to My Girl (3:59)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Late Last Night (4:04)
16. Give it a Whirl (2:51)
17. Charlie (5:31)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) tabs

- Tim Finn / vocals, guitar, piano
- Neil Finn / vocals, guitar
- Eddie Raynor / keyboards
- Nigel Griggs / bass
- Noel Crombie / percussion, drums
- Malcom Green / drums

CD Mushroom D30222 (1987 Australia)
CD Festival Mushroom Records (2003)(30th Anniversary Australian Edition - reordered track list and one bonus track)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) Music

Second ThoughtsSecond Thoughts
Mushroom Records 2007
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Spellbound: Very Best of Split EnzSpellbound: Very Best of Split Enz
Mushroom Records 2006
Audio CD$41.59 (used)
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1981 SPLIT ENZ Waiata SP-4848 Pop Rock USA Great Condition US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
SPLIT ENZ True Colours Lazer etched RECORD LP New Wave VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 3h 26m
Conflicting Emotion Split Enz vinyl LP album record AMLX64963 A US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 56m
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS - LIMITED EDITION LAZER ETCHED LP - RARE! US $36.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
Greatest Hits Live - Split Enz New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.74 Buy It Now 4h 19m
PROMO / SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS / ETCHED VINYL WITH OBI US $149.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
Split Enz True Colours LP W/ Sticker Laser Etched NM 1979 US $20.20 Buy It Now 5h 43m
SPLIT ENZ "True Colours" 1980 A&M *RARE HOLOGRAPHIC LASER ETCHED* NM PHOTO INNER US $20.95 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ~FRENZY~RAR?E 1981 LP~SPECIAL NEW ZEALAND PUNK ROCK GARAGE BANDN Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 6h 25m
SPLIT ENZ - True Colours - 1980 UK A&M label 11-track Laser Etched vinyl LP US $39.52 Buy It Now 6h 37m
SPLIT ENZ DIZRYTHMIA 1977 USA CHRYSALIS PRESSED VINYL LP *NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
SPLIT ENZ- The Living Enz 2-CD (1991 Mushroom RARE) Best of LIVE (Crowded House) US $11.64 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Time & Tide LP OOP early-80's new wave US $2.99 Buy It Now 8h 7m
SPLIT ENZ Second Thoughts 1992 Mushroom Records Australia 1st Press Oop CD 70s US $19.57 Buy It Now 8h 25m
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Sh US $7.50 Buy It Now 8h 45m
SPLIT ENZ-BEST OF/20TH CENTURY CD NEW!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 8h 50m
SPLIT ENZ six months in a leaky boat 7" b/w make some sense of it (ams8216) pic US $8.31 Buy It Now 9h 21m
CROWDED HOUSE Now We're Getting Somewhere OZ 45 Promo 1986 / Split Enz US $18.58 Buy It Now 9h 32m
RARE! Split Enz - Mental Notes LP - Australian Pressing Mushroom Records Vg++ US $47.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
*******SALE! "I GOT YOU" by SPLIT ENZ 1980 NEW WAVE gem UNPLAYED MINT 45!******* US $2.99 Buy It Now 9h 47m
Split Enz-True Colours (VG+ Laser etched vinyl) US $10.00 Buy It Now 9h 51m
RIKKY AND PETE OST Orig 1988 LP CROWDED HOUSE Split Enz PHIL JUDD Eddie Rayner US $12.95 Buy It Now 9h 55m
Split Enz "Dizrythmia" vinyl LP, good shape 1977 Chrysalis Records US $3.34 [0 bids]
Split Enz - Enz Of An Era Lp Aust Mushroom RML52027 US $13.97 Buy It Now 14h 44m
SPLIT ENZ beginning of the enz LP 9 track but has some creasing,sticker mark and US $8.31 Buy It Now 21h 40m
SPLIT ENZ conflicting emotions LP 10 track promo but writing on label and slight US $8.31 Buy It Now 21h 40m
CROWDED HOUSE Don't Dream It's Over / That's What I Call Love OZ 45 / Split Enz US $9.26 Buy It Now 21h 40m
SPLIT ENZ Condflicting Emotions US $14.96 Buy It Now 21h 53m
1980s Vinyl LPs: 1980 Split Enz True Colours; Laser-Etched; A&M SP-4822 US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS a&m A2 Lp ex US $13.30 Buy It Now 23h 15m
7"-Single SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats MINT Laser-etched vinyl CROWDED HOUSE US $7.99 Buy It Now 23h 27m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LP ORIGINAL 1980 UK RARE ETCHED DISC US $24.95 Buy It Now 23h 48m
SPLIT ENZ: HISTORY NEVER REPEATS[BEST OF] I SEE RED,SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT+] US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
A&M SP-4952 stereo Nm Maiden Australia 1983 / Split Enz.Renee Geyer.Machinations US $4.00 Buy It Now 1 day
1986 TIM FINN (Split Enz/Crowded House) Big Canoe - Press Advert - Poster Size US $14.96 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Anniversary CD 1993 Live 20th Ann. Reunion Concerts US $2.49 [0 bids]
Split Enz A&M Promo 45 Record #2252 VG+ I Got You US $12.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Time and Tide 1982 A&M SP 4894 US $9.68 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Lazer Etched True Colors LP Promo Copy US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
CROWDED HOUSE Neil Finn of Split Enz LP 1986 USA PRESSING US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions LP 1983 A&M SP 4963 Shrink Vinyl Record US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Enzso: Classical Split Enz, Enzso, Good Enhanced US $4.28 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ "NM WAX" Time and Tide AMP-28052 LP Ac3811 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Tim Finn CD..SELF TITLED..THE FIXX..SPLIT ENZ US $4.99 Buy It Now 1 day
H-BLOCK 101 - KOKA-KOLONISATION - OZ 5 TRK CD - PUNK - OI - SPLIT ENZ COVER US $12.10 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz History Never Repeats: Best of.. vinyl LP EX 1987 US $6.95 Buy It Now 1 day
CROWDED HOUSE - PLATINUM CD NEIL FINN (SPLIT ENZ) *NEW* US $11.68 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn Split Enz - Say It Is So - U.S. cd - RARE! US $5.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Finn "Split Enz,Crowded House,Neil Finn" PROMO CD US $9.29 Buy It Now 1 day
Finn by Finn (New Zealand) Us Cd Split Enz , Crowded House US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
THE BALLADS VOL 3 - 2 CD KYLIE MINOGUE NICK CAVE SPLIT ENZ JAMES REYNE CD US $9.07 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Extravagenza 2CD BRAND NEW Live 1993 Liberation Blue US $20.10 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_True Colours_used cassette_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $11.17 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ:THE LIVING ENZ DOUBLE LP:RML-55008:MUSHROOM RECORDS US $23.74 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - Mental Notes AUSTRALIA 1ST CD 1992 MUSHROOM RECORDS, MUSH32329.2 US $18.41 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ " LASER ETCHED DISC" ONE STEP AHEAD " EX+ COND.IN Or.PIC SL. US $4.81 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ (OZ CD) THE BEGINNING OF THE ENZ - PRE- BARCODE US $13.92 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - WAIATA [LP vinyl, A&M SP 3255, 1981, (co)] US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - CONFLICTING EMOTIONS ( LP A&M SP 4963) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Finn Escapade Cd Split Enz US $15.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL FINN "Split Enz...Crowded House...Neil Finn" CD US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-TRUE COLOURS 1980 A&M RECORDS LP LASER ETCHED SP-4822 VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ UK 1981 ETCHED DISC 7" Single History Never Repeats US $5.81 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - MY MISTAKE - 45RPM -7'' US $2.79 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Waiata USA A&M Promo 1981 LP w/ One Step Ahead + History Never Repeats US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz: What's The Matter with You / The Choral Sea 7" 45 VG++ Canada A US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz LP Waiata 1981 Crowded House Tim Finn VG++ US $6.50 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz Waiata Near Mint US $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ my mistake 12" 3 trk b/w crosswords and the woman who loves you (chs21 US $8.31 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz: One Step Ahead / In the Wars - Lazer Etched 45! (NM-) US $3.97 [0 bids]
Split Enz - I Got You 7" Single 1979 US $13.32 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ 1981 WAIATA LP A&M Records SP-4848 Excellent! US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Living Enz 2 cd live set Mushroom label VG Neil Tim Finn Australian cd US $13.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ True Colours cd original not remastered A&M label no barcode Neil Finn US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
LN! History Never Repeats CD The Best of Split Enz 1987 US $8.95 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS NEW CD US $16.93 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ: Dirty Creature/Lost For Words new wave vinyl US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ: One Step Ahead/Clumsy new wave vinyl US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ: Hard Act To Follow/Ghost Girl (rock vinyl 45) US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ: True Colours (punk new wave VG++ laser etched vinyl LP SP-4822) US $11.00 Buy It Now 2 days
NEW - Songs of Split Enz by Enzso US $5.96 Buy It Now 2 days
VINYL LP Split Enz - True Colours A&M US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ, SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT / FIRE DRILL, 1982 7"45rpm OZ RECORD US $4.65 Buy It Now 2 days
New Wave Hits Of The 80's Vol. 2 Just Can't Get Enough CD Joy Division Split Enz US $19.75 Buy It Now 2 days
The Makers CD album Eddie Rayner ex Split Enz US $9.26 Buy It Now 2 days
Crowded House Nails In My Feet 7" UK 1st Pr Vinyl Don't Dream Its Over Split Enz US $15.95 Buy It Now 2 days
CROWDED HOUSE NEIL FINN Recurring Dream ROCK POP Indie Split Enz Music CD new US $9.30 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ mental notes CHR 1131 1st press green labels uk chrysalis LP PS EX/EX- US $25.07 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Strait Old Line - 7" US $2.33 Buy It Now 3 days
SPLIT ENZ - I Don't Wanna Dance + 2 1981 DJ PICTURE DISC US $17.99 Buy It Now 3 days
MENTAL NOTES BY SPLIT ENZ ORIGINAL AUSTRALIAN MUSHROOM CD NO BAR-CODE US $12.50 Buy It Now 3 days
Phil Judd The Swinger Ep US LP ex Split Enz US $14.99 Buy It Now 3 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $1.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Split Enz - True Colours on A&M Records 1980 NM US $5.99 [0 bids]
RARE! SPLIT ENZ, I GOT YOU/ DOUBLE HAPPY, AUST. GENERIC SLEEVE, 7"45rpm, M- US $5.00 Buy It Now 3 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, 1987, A US $3.99 Buy It Now 3 days
True Colours by Split Enz (EARLY PRESSING CD/Japan, 1983?, A&M) US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Split Enz - Beginning Of The Enz [CD New] US $18.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Split Enz 1982 Enz Of An Era LP Australia New Wave Pop Rock Mushroom Records US $16.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This 30th Anniversary compilation is not as good as Spellbound (which is the best compilation of the band by a long shot) but still features the very best of Split Enz. It is sorely missing any rare or non released material that Spellbound featured. Overall you have the usual brilliant tracks that all Enz fans have grown to adore such as History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, My Mistake, I See Red, I Got you, Shark Attack, One Step Ahead, Pioneer/ Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. I Walk Away is a bonus track which makes this different to the original version but it is not really enough to recommend one over the other. The track Charlie is Live and a bit of a curiosity in a sense for that reason but it was never one of their best tracks, rather a vintage look at their early incarnation, played in a recent concert here.

The Enz transformed over the years from colourful costumed mannequins on acid to clean cut ladie's magnets. However, the sound transformed even greater as is evident on this compilation. The pop 80s were inundated by Split Enz on the charts and we Australians heard ad infinitum 'I Got You' and '6 Months on a Leaky Boat' on a daily basis. In fact I think I hear it striking up on the radio now! However they are so good one can't really complain. This compilation is really the singles and nothing else and here is where it falls down for me as there was so much more to this band.

In a manner of speaking this compilation is a condensed version of Spellbound but not as good as it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 albums. Semi Detached is missing as is some of their best material from Second Thoughts. Therefore this is no more than a poor man's version of what the Enz churned out from the 70s to 80s. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of Spellbound which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#215076) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 stars Other than radio and TV, this was really the first cd I heard by Split Enz, its a great compilation of their more successful hit songs, but their are many omissions both from thier prog periuod and pop phase notably Bold as Brass, Sweet Dreams, Take a Walk, Spellbound, Stranger than Fiction; the ... (read more)

Report this review (#149613) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, November 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version)"