HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (AUSTRALIAN VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. Give It A Whirl (2:51)
2. My Mistake (3:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. Late Last Night (4:04)
5. I Got You (3:29)
6. Shark Attack (2:58)
7. Poor Boy (3:26)
8. I Hope I Never (4:32)
9. History Never Repeats (2:58)
10. One Step Ahead (2:52)
11. Dirty Creature (4:02)
12. Pioneer (1:30)
13. Six Months In A Leaky Boat (4:26)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Message To My Girl (3:59)
16. Charlie (5:31)

Track List 30th Anniversary Australian Edition:

1. History Never Repeats (2:58)
2. Dirty Creature (4:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. My Mistake (3:02)
5. I Walk Away (3:50) [Bonus Track]
6. I Got you (3:29)
7. Shark Attack (2:58)
8. One Step Ahead (2:52)
9. Pioneer (1:30)
10. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)
12. I Hope I Never (4:32)
13. Message to My Girl (3:59)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Late Last Night (4:04)
16. Give it a Whirl (2:51)
17. Charlie (5:31)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) tabs

- Tim Finn / vocals, guitar, piano
- Neil Finn / vocals, guitar
- Eddie Raynor / keyboards
- Nigel Griggs / bass
- Noel Crombie / percussion, drums
- Malcom Green / drums

CD Mushroom D30222 (1987 Australia)
CD Festival Mushroom Records (2003)(30th Anniversary Australian Edition - reordered track list and one bonus track)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) Music

History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Mushroom Records 2006
Audio CD$41.59 (used)
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats The Best Of CD NEW 30th Anniversary Ed Slipcase US $11.72 Buy It Now 34m 37s
SPLIT ENZ - MAGAZINE CUTTINGS COLLECTION (REF T4) US $8.46 Buy It Now 56m 43s
Sound of Trees by Schnell Fenster (CD, Apr-1990) Split Enz US $10.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc MINT US $24.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
The FINN BROTHERS Everyone Is Here OZ CD 2004 Split Enz / Promo US $9.34 Buy It Now 2h 17m
Split Enz - Waiata - 12" Pic Disc US $14.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
SPLIT ENZ Six months in a leaky boat 7" NEW WAVE SYNTH AUSTRALIA US $5.91 Buy It Now 5h 2m
Split Enz Australian Rare True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions w bonus 12" US $15.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions US LP US $5.99 Buy It Now 6h 4m
Split Enz Enz of an Era Australia Lp with Poster US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz I Don't Wanna Dance Picture Disc 12" US $14.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz My Mistake, Crossroads Uk 12" US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz Next Exit on Maiden Australia US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz Time and Tide Lp US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Autralian Lp US $12.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Split Enz True Colours Laser Etched Lp US $10.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
Split Enz Waita lp aka Corroboree US $8.99 Buy It Now 6h 6m
SPLIT ENZ - WAIATA - VINYL LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 42m
Split Enz True Colours CD NEW 2002 Crowded House I Got You+ US $8.46 Buy It Now 7h 25m
SPLIT ENZ one step ahead 45 Record Laser Etched Single 1981 US $14.98 Buy It Now 7h 42m
SPLIT ENZ TIME AND TIDE LP VG+ ROCK 1982 US $1.29 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT - U.S. PROMO 12" US $4.98 Buy It Now 8h 14m
SPLIT ENZ -- Waiata -- LP -- NEAR MINT -- 1981 US $6.00 Buy It Now 8h 32m
SPLIT ENZ Time and Tide SP-3256 LP Ab1876 US $7.99 [0 bids]
Foxxjazell SPLIT ENZ 12 Mixes CD Promo PERRY TWINS Aaron Carl T. Fixx 2009 US $7.94 Buy It Now 10h 19m
SPLIT ENZ - HISTORY NEVER REPEATS 7" SINGLE US $4.68 Buy It Now 11h 23m
SPLIT ENZ: Frenzy (rock & pop vinyl LP) US $15.00 Buy It Now 11h 36m
Split Enz True Colours LP NM SP-4822 1980 Laser Holographic US $19.99 Buy It Now 12h 26m
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA LP Compilation NEW SEALED 1983 Split Enz Runners Skyhooks Geyer US $8.05 Buy It Now 12h 51m
Maiden Austrailia LP Split Enz Jo Jo Zep Hunters and collectors A US $2.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - LIVE IN AMERICA (2007 CD) NEW & SEALED US $6.69 Buy It Now 13h 36m
Split Enz - Waiata - LP Record NM NM US $6.99 Buy It Now 14h
TIM FINN (Split Enz/Crowded House) - IMAGINARY KINGDOM (2006 CD) US $6.44 Buy It Now 14h 14m
SPLIT ENZ-CONFLICTING EMOTIONS-LP-A&M-4963 ROCK US $3.79 [0 bids]
Original Split Enz Ticket 1981 US $7.04 Buy It Now 14h 22m
SPLIT ENZ CONFLICTING EMOTIONS 1983 SP 4963 HYPE STICKER SHRINK LP NM US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 29m
Split Enz--Best Of--CD w/11 Trks US $2.99 [0 bids]
Finn Brothers - Split Enz Crowded House - Neil, Tim Finn US $7.00 [0 bids]
RHYTHMS MAGAZINE_Tim Finn formerly of Split Enz_used_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $9.38 Buy It Now 18h 7m
SPLIT ENZ "One Step Ahead/ In The Wars" OZ Aussie Ex 7" 45 non LP flip Neil Finn US $4.68 [0 bids]
TIM FINN - S/T CD ( SPLIT ENZ / CROWDED HOUSE ) *NEW* US $13.85 Buy It Now 21h 31m
SPLIT ENZ - I got you - 7" single US $4.73 Buy It Now 21h 49m
CUT - MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK - 20 TRACK CD, SPLIT ENZ, GROOVE TERMINATOR US $7.50 Buy It Now 22h
ENZ of AN ERA_Split Enz_used VINYL LP_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $18.76 Buy It Now 23h 8m
SPLIT ENZ "SIX MONTHS IN A LEAKY BOAT" LIMITED EDITION RARE 45 7" SINGLE US $9.34 Buy It Now 23h 13m
Neil Finn (Split Enz/Crowded House) Cd album- Try Whistling This US $6.28 Buy It Now 23h 44m
SPLIT ENZ Greatest Hits Live CD BRAND NEW Live In NZ 1993 Liberation US $13.03 Buy It Now 23h 52m
Split Enz - History Never Repeats: Best Of CD Album UK 1987 (CDMID 175) New Wave US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ mental notes 1976 UK CHRYSALIS STEREO LP US $14.40 Buy It Now 1 day
split enz - true colors (US)1980 LP a&m sp-4822 etched vinyl NM US $5.00 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz, Split Enz, Very Good Original reco US $0.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ True Colours 1980 UK A&M RECORDS VINYL LP AMLH 64822 US $15.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz 45 Message To My Girl "PROMO COPY" A&M Records 1983 #AM-2652 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
1981 - SPLIT ENZ - Waiata + UK Tour Dates - Press Advertisment - Poster Size US $15.23 Buy It Now 1 day
FOXXJAZELL * SPLIT ENZ - THE REMIXES * US 12 TRK PROMO * HTF! * PERRY TWINS US $33.89 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ mental notes LP 10 track gatefold sleeve has some staining (chr1131) US $12.23 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ- I GOT YOU VINYL 7" 45RPM p US $1.68 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ- POOR BOY VINYL 7" 45RPM P/S US $2.52 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - BEST OF SPLIT ENZ [REMASTER] - NEW CD US $20.10 Buy It Now 1 day
? Tim Finn - Tim Finn (Capitol C1-48735) (of Split Enz) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Split Enz - Conflicting Emotions (Tim & Neil Finn) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Split Enz - Waiata (A&M 4848) (Tim & Neil Finn) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
? Split Enz - I Don't Wanna Dance / Hard Act to Follow EP (audiophile Pic Disc) US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
various MAIDEN AUSTRALIA-SPLIT ENZ ,SKYHOOKS ,ETC M- LP US $4.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Anniversary CD 1993 Live 20th Ann. Reunion Concerts US $2.49 [0 bids]
Split Enz Time and Tide LP NM/VG++ US $5.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn self titled rare LP great condition Split Enz US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ I Got You 7" Ps, B/W Double Happy, Ams 7692-1 US $10.15 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ ENZ OF AN ERA VINYL LP AUSTRALIA US $13.13 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT Enz [Waiata] 81 NM+/NM+/NM Play Graded US $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn Split Enz - Persuasion + acoustic - Capitol 79766, U.S. PROMO cd - RARE US $11.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn Escapade rare LP great condition Split Enz US $10.99 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE TOGETHER ALONE **** CD **** finn brothers split enz oz rock US $13.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz: One Step Ahead / In the Wars - Lazer Etched 45! (NM-) US $5.97 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ: Conflicting Emotions (VG++) [Original 1983 A&M] Australia US $2.97 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE PLATINUM **** CD **** finn brothers split enz oz rock US $12.01 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ : CONFLICTING EMOTIONS REMASTERED $3 SHIP US $16.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - Waiata Lp Vinyl Record Album A&M SP-4848 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS Cassette Tape US $12.92 Buy It Now 1 day
STARSTRUCK Soundtrack star struck LP OST Jo Kennedy Tim Finn Split Enz '83 promo US $65.00 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ FRENZY Cassette Tape US $19.16 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - One Step Ahead US $6.57 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - I See Red US $6.57 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ The Beginning Of The Enz CD BRAND NEW US $13.35 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Finn 7 Worlds Collide (CD, Feb-2002, Nettwerk) Crowded House , Split Enz US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Aniversary CD Album NEW SEALED US $10.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ 'MENTAL NOTES' UK LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ 'TRUE COLOURS' UK LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ 'CONFLICTING EMOTIONS' US IMPORT LP US $13.54 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ 'DIZRYTHMIA' UK LP US $15.23 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz / Second Thoughts LP Mushroom L 35981 Australia Crowded House New Wave US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-TRUE COLOURS 1980 A&M RECORDS LP LASER ETCHED SP-4822 VG++ US $9.99 Buy It Now 2 days
TIM FINN (Split Enz / Crowded House) - Escapade by Tim Finn (Mushroom, no UPC) US $3.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - True Colours (US pressing) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz 70s POP ROCK LP Mental Notes GATEFOLD 1976 USA ISSUE US $18.98 Buy It Now 2 days
Tim Finn Escapade Lp Split Enz US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Extravagenza [CD New] US $32.24 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This 30th Anniversary compilation is not as good as Spellbound (which is the best compilation of the band by a long shot) but still features the very best of Split Enz. It is sorely missing any rare or non released material that Spellbound featured. Overall you have the usual brilliant tracks that all Enz fans have grown to adore such as History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, My Mistake, I See Red, I Got you, Shark Attack, One Step Ahead, Pioneer/ Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. I Walk Away is a bonus track which makes this different to the original version but it is not really enough to recommend one over the other. The track Charlie is Live and a bit of a curiosity in a sense for that reason but it was never one of their best tracks, rather a vintage look at their early incarnation, played in a recent concert here.

The Enz transformed over the years from colourful costumed mannequins on acid to clean cut ladie's magnets. However, the sound transformed even greater as is evident on this compilation. The pop 80s were inundated by Split Enz on the charts and we Australians heard ad infinitum 'I Got You' and '6 Months on a Leaky Boat' on a daily basis. In fact I think I hear it striking up on the radio now! However they are so good one can't really complain. This compilation is really the singles and nothing else and here is where it falls down for me as there was so much more to this band.

In a manner of speaking this compilation is a condensed version of Spellbound but not as good as it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 albums. Semi Detached is missing as is some of their best material from Second Thoughts. Therefore this is no more than a poor man's version of what the Enz churned out from the 70s to 80s. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of Spellbound which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#215076) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 stars Other than radio and TV, this was really the first cd I heard by Split Enz, its a great compilation of their more successful hit songs, but their are many omissions both from thier prog periuod and pop phase notably Bold as Brass, Sweet Dreams, Take a Walk, Spellbound, Stranger than Fiction; the ... (read more)

Report this review (#149613) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, November 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version)"