HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (AUSTRALIAN VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. Give It A Whirl (2:51)
2. My Mistake (3:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. Late Last Night (4:04)
5. I Got You (3:29)
6. Shark Attack (2:58)
7. Poor Boy (3:26)
8. I Hope I Never (4:32)
9. History Never Repeats (2:58)
10. One Step Ahead (2:52)
11. Dirty Creature (4:02)
12. Pioneer (1:30)
13. Six Months In A Leaky Boat (4:26)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Message To My Girl (3:59)
16. Charlie (5:31)

Track List 30th Anniversary Australian Edition:

1. History Never Repeats (2:58)
2. Dirty Creature (4:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. My Mistake (3:02)
5. I Walk Away (3:50) [Bonus Track]
6. I Got you (3:29)
7. Shark Attack (2:58)
8. One Step Ahead (2:52)
9. Pioneer (1:30)
10. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)
12. I Hope I Never (4:32)
13. Message to My Girl (3:59)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Late Last Night (4:04)
16. Give it a Whirl (2:51)
17. Charlie (5:31)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) tabs

- Tim Finn / vocals, guitar, piano
- Neil Finn / vocals, guitar
- Eddie Raynor / keyboards
- Nigel Griggs / bass
- Noel Crombie / percussion, drums
- Malcom Green / drums

CD Mushroom D30222 (1987 Australia)
CD Festival Mushroom Records (2003)(30th Anniversary Australian Edition - reordered track list and one bonus track)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) Music

Oddz & EnzOddz & Enz
Mushr 1998
Mental NotesMental Notes
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Festival Records 2003
CorroboreeCorroboree
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
Finn Brothers CD - Only Talking Sense - Neil Finn - Tim Finn of Split Enz US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ: True Colours (Punk & New Wave A&M SP-4822 VG+ Vinyl LP laser etched) US $9.00 Buy It Now 2h 42m
Split Enz, Picutre Disc Album, Virgin Vinyl, Audiophile Quality (A US $7.99 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE, DADA (SPLIT ENZ) - 14 Nov 1993,Hammersmith Apollo. Backstage Pass US $6.42 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ, I GOT YOU (CROWDED HOUSE) ,7" VINYL US $0.80 [0 bids]
Split Enz - True Colours on A&M Records 1980 NM US $5.99 [0 bids]
NEW SEALED SPLIT ENZ DIZRYTHMIA CASSETTE TAPE HARD TO FIND US $4.99 Buy It Now 5h 23m
Split Enz See Ya 'Round canada lp '84 sp9126 w/lyric rare oop crowded house !! US $35.00 Buy It Now 6h 6m
TIM FINN ~ THE ANTHOLOGY (2009) 2CDS (EX SPLIT ENZ) US $26.95 Buy It Now 6h 9m
True Colours by Split Enz (CD, Jul-2002, Universal/Spectrum) US $7.61 Buy It Now 6h 33m
Mental Notes [Bonus Tracks] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Mushroom Records... US $16.77 Buy It Now 6h 35m
Extravagenza by Split Enz (CD, Aug-2005, Liberation) US $29.30 Buy It Now 6h 35m
SPLIT ENZ-ANNIVERSARY UK MINT CD US $4.98 Buy It Now 6h 40m
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA-Split Enz/The Expression/Mental As Anything/Jo Jo Zep/Hunters++ US $1.99 [0 bids]
1983 SPLIT ENZ "CONFLICTING EMOTIONS" 12" RECORD ALBUM EX/EX US $1.99 [0 bids]
Lp - Split Enz/Skyhooks/Jo Jo Zep/Machinations/Sunnyboys etc. - Maiden Australia US $9.99 Buy It Now 8h 37m
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions A&M SP-4963 1983 Lp NM NEAR MINT FREE US SHIPPING US $11.98 Buy It Now 8h 55m
Southern Cross by Phil Manzanera/new cd/Roxy Music/Split Enz US $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 8m
Finn Brothers - Split Enz Crowded House - Neil, Tim Finn US $7.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz - History Never Repeats Orig 87 No UPC Not RE Crowded House Finn US $3.00 [0 bids]
Maiden Australia (Cassette, 1983) Split Enz, Jo Jo Zep, Skyhooks, Renee Geyer US $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 52m
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions LP US $13.20 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPLIT ENZ True Colours LP Blue Orange Cover US $10.56 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPLIT ENZ True Colours LP Red/Green Cover US $13.20 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPLIT ENZ True Colours LP Red/Green Cover US $10.56 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPLIT ENZ Waiata LP New Zeland US $13.20 Buy It Now 11h 41m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS LP ORIGINAL 1980 UK RARE ETCHED DISC US $24.11 Buy It Now 15h 12m
Reels Sports Angels Split Enz Men at Work Elton John 12" 33rpm Importl LP Record US $9.99 Buy It Now 17h 45m
PUNK - SPLIT ENZ - NOBODY TAKES ME SERIOUSLY - PICTURE COVER US $3.20 [0 bids]
Split Enz - Best Of Split Enz-Millennium Collection CD US $12.82 Buy It Now 19h 41m
Split Enz: Six Months In A Leaky Boat 7" 45 VG++ Canada A&M AM 569 US $4.99 Buy It Now 20h 53m
SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats UK kaser etched 7" in picture sleeve A US $6.42 Buy It Now 22h 35m
SPLIT ENZ I Got You UK 7" in picture sleeve A&M AMS7546 1979 US $4.81 Buy It Now 22h 36m
SPLIT ENZ "Frenzy" Near Mint LP in open shrink wrap with Hype Sticker US $13.54 Buy It Now 23h 46m
Sound of Trees by Schnell Fenster (CD, Apr-1990) Split Enz US $10.00 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ-WAIATA-A&M SP-4848 NM/VG+ LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-TRUE COLOURS-A&M SP-4822 LASER ETCHED NM/VG+ LP US $7.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-TIME & TIDE-A&M SP-4894 VG+/VG LP US $8.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-MENTAL NOTES-CHRYSALIS PV 41131 NM/VG+ LP US $11.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-DIZRYTHMIA-CHRYSALIS PV 41145 NM/VG+ LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ-CONFLICTING EMOTIONS-A&M SP-4963 VG+/VG+ LP US $9.98 Buy It Now 1 day
VINYL LP Split Enz - History Never Repeats The Best Of Split Enz US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Dizrythmia LP Bold As Brass Sugar and Spice My Mistake Charley US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn Split Enz A&M Solo LP 1983 US $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Neil Finn (Crowded House/ Split Enz) - Try Whistling This (CD1998) US $6.42 Buy It Now 1 day
True Colours. Split Enz. Etched Vinyl. A&M Records SP4822. US $12.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz I Got You 45 rpm Record B side Double Happy Mint US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA LP Compilation NEW SEALED 1983 Split Enz Runners Skyhooks Geyer US $8.05 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Mental Notes 1976 LP Tim Finn Crowded House Late Last Night Chrysalis US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ lot 3 PROMO 7" dirty creature ONE STEP AHEAD six months in leaky boat US $9.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - Mental Notes LP UK '76 Chrysalis gatefold US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions (1983) WEST GERMANY CD US $29.75 Buy It Now 1 day
TIM FINN Before & After Cassette original1993 Capitol issue Split Enz US $5.75 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz (Neil Finn, Tim Finn) - TV Week poster Nov 1984 US $11.43 [0 bids]
Split Enz: True Colors ( MINT- LAZER- ETCHED, 1980 A&M SP-4822 Lp) Crowded House US $16.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House - Locked Out USA 4 track CD 1993 Neil Finn Finn Brothers Split Enz US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz "Dizrythmia" vinyl LP, good shape 1977 Chrysalis Records US $3.34 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ conflicting emotions CD 10 tracks 1983 NEIL TIM FINN US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Tim Finn - Escapade 1983 GSP promo OZ rock LP w lyric inner Split Enz Rutles US $5.00 [0 bids]
Rock SPLIT ENZ The Best Of NM SP-3289 EB827 US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ THE BEST OF ULTRA RARE CASSETTE TAPE! US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (SP3289) VG+ cond. great band, great music! US $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Time And Tide Remastered Edition CD Import Free Shipping US $6.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - 12" Lp - TRUE COLOURS + bonus 45 US $7.03 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ - 12" Lp - CORROBOREE + bonus 45 EXC US $7.03 [0 bids]
HOME GROWN RARE AUSSIE DOUBLE CASSETTE TAPE! RATCAT DRAGON 1927 SPLIT ENZ DUKES US $16.72 Buy It Now 1 day
NYE Surface SPLIT ENZ cover Cleveland OHIO CD US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz - "TRUE COLORS" 1980 A&M LP SP-4822 Laser Etched US $6.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz HISTORY NEVER REPEATS THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ LP NM w/ ORIG SHRINK WRAP US $9.87 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ, HISTORY NEVER REPEATS / HOLY SMOKE, 1981 7"x45rpm OZ SINGLE RECORD US $4.39 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions 1983 Oz LP ~ Crowded House, Schnell Fenster US $15.40 Buy It Now 1 day
STORM RIDERS Soundtrack Lp AUSSIE SURFING US PRESS 82 Church SPLIT ENZ Sunnyboys US $79.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz cassette album - Time & Tide US $13.19 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_Six Months In A Leaky Boat_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $21.11 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_One Step Ahead_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_My Mistake_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_Message To My Girl_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_I See Red_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $21.11 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_I Got You_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_I Don't Wanna Dance_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $10.56 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_History Never Repeats_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $21.11 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ_Dirty Creature_used 45 VINYL_7"_ships frm AUS!_C2c US $21.11 Buy It Now 1 day
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA Various LP 12 Track Compilation With Inner Featuring Split Enz, US $11.79 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Dizrythmia LP 9 Track With Insert (chr1145) UK Chrysalis 1977 US $13.51 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ True Colours LP 11 Track Laser Etched Disc In Purple And Yellow Sleeve US $16.87 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ True Colours LP 11 Track Laser Etched Disc With Inner In Info Stickere US $14.47 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Beginning Of The Enz LP 9 Track But Has Some Creasing,sticker Mark And US $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Conflicting Emotions LP 10 Track Promo But Writing On Label And Slight US $8.43 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ SEALED LP - Conflicting Emotions (1983) US $17.50 Buy It Now 1 day
Split enz-magazine advert US $8.02 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House ?- Fingers Of Love NOS 1994 UK 2 CD The Split Enz Finn Brothers US $25.95 Buy It Now 1 day
INXS ?- Devil Inside (Re-Mix Version) SEALED 1st Press 1987 USA 12" Split Enz US $24.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Conflicting Emotions SEALED 1st Press 1983 USA LP Crowded House US $23.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House Everything Is Good For You NOS 1996 Ltd Ed Australia CD Split Enz US $23.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz Waiata 1st Press 1981 USA LP Crowded House Finn Brothers Rare PINK US $17.45 Buy It Now 1 day
Crowded House ?- Instinct NOS 1996 UK 2 CD Set The Split Enz Neil Finn Brothers US $18.95 Buy It Now 1 day

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This 30th Anniversary compilation is not as good as Spellbound (which is the best compilation of the band by a long shot) but still features the very best of Split Enz. It is sorely missing any rare or non released material that Spellbound featured. Overall you have the usual brilliant tracks that all Enz fans have grown to adore such as History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, My Mistake, I See Red, I Got you, Shark Attack, One Step Ahead, Pioneer/ Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. I Walk Away is a bonus track which makes this different to the original version but it is not really enough to recommend one over the other. The track Charlie is Live and a bit of a curiosity in a sense for that reason but it was never one of their best tracks, rather a vintage look at their early incarnation, played in a recent concert here.

The Enz transformed over the years from colourful costumed mannequins on acid to clean cut ladie's magnets. However, the sound transformed even greater as is evident on this compilation. The pop 80s were inundated by Split Enz on the charts and we Australians heard ad infinitum 'I Got You' and '6 Months on a Leaky Boat' on a daily basis. In fact I think I hear it striking up on the radio now! However they are so good one can't really complain. This compilation is really the singles and nothing else and here is where it falls down for me as there was so much more to this band.

In a manner of speaking this compilation is a condensed version of Spellbound but not as good as it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 albums. Semi Detached is missing as is some of their best material from Second Thoughts. Therefore this is no more than a poor man's version of what the Enz churned out from the 70s to 80s. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of Spellbound which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#215076) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 stars Other than radio and TV, this was really the first cd I heard by Split Enz, its a great compilation of their more successful hit songs, but their are many omissions both from thier prog periuod and pop phase notably Bold as Brass, Sweet Dreams, Take a Walk, Spellbound, Stranger than Fiction; the ... (read more)

Report this review (#149613) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, November 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version)"