HISTORY NEVER REPEATS: THE BEST OF SPLIT ENZ (AUSTRALIAN VERSION)

Split Enz

Split Enz History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) album cover

Buy SPLIT ENZ Music
Boxset/Compilation, released in 1987

1. Give It A Whirl (2:51)
2. My Mistake (3:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. Late Last Night (4:04)
5. I Got You (3:29)
6. Shark Attack (2:58)
7. Poor Boy (3:26)
8. I Hope I Never (4:32)
9. History Never Repeats (2:58)
10. One Step Ahead (2:52)
11. Dirty Creature (4:02)
12. Pioneer (1:30)
13. Six Months In A Leaky Boat (4:26)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Message To My Girl (3:59)
16. Charlie (5:31)

Track List 30th Anniversary Australian Edition:

1. History Never Repeats (2:58)
2. Dirty Creature (4:02)
3. I See Red (3:14)
4. My Mistake (3:02)
5. I Walk Away (3:50) [Bonus Track]
6. I Got you (3:29)
7. Shark Attack (2:58)
8. One Step Ahead (2:52)
9. Pioneer (1:30)
10. Six Months in a Leaky Boat (4:26)
11. Poor Boy (3:26)
12. I Hope I Never (4:32)
13. Message to My Girl (3:59)
14. Strait Old Line (4:01)
15. Late Last Night (4:04)
16. Give it a Whirl (2:51)
17. Charlie (5:31)

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) lyrics

Search SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) tabs

- Tim Finn / vocals, guitar, piano
- Neil Finn / vocals, guitar
- Eddie Raynor / keyboards
- Nigel Griggs / bass
- Noel Crombie / percussion, drums
- Malcom Green / drums

CD Mushroom D30222 (1987 Australia)
CD Festival Mushroom Records (2003)(30th Anniversary Australian Edition - reordered track list and one bonus track)

Thanks to Joolz for the addition

SPLIT ENZ MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) Music

Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split EnzHistory Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz
Remastered
Import · Remastered
CorroboreeCorroboree
Extra tracks · Import · Remastered
Mushroom Records 2007
SPLIT ENZ "True Colours" 1980 A&M *RARE HOLOGRAPHIC LASER ETCHED* NM PHOTO INNER US $16.50 [0 bids]
43m 8s
Tim Finn Escapade rare LP great condition Split Enz US $10.99 [0 bids]
48m 44s
Tim Finn self titled rare LP great condition Split Enz US $9.99 [0 bids]
48m 44s
"TIME AND TIDE" SPLIT ENZ LP NEAR MINT US $2.99 Buy It Now 54m 4s
Split Enz - Waiata 1981 A&M vinyl History Never Repeats Tim Finn Neil Finn US $12.00 [0 bids]
Split Enz - True Colours [CD New] US $12.66 Buy It Now 3h 56m
"CONFLICTING EMOTIONS...SPLIT ENZ...LP.....EXCELLENT CONDITION.....FAST SHIPPING US $3.98 Buy It Now 4h 58m
SPLIT ENZ / TIME AND TIDE + FREE ALBUM LP US $3.25 [1 bids]
Split Enz / True Coliurs ( 1980 Laser Etched A&M ) US $7.00 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Split Enz-True Colours-LP-Vinyl Record-Etched Vinyl-A&M-SP4822-VG++ US $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
Split Enz-Waiata-LP-Vinyl Record-A&M-SP4848-VG++ US $10.99 Buy It Now 8h 42m
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS VINYL ALBUM RECORD FREE SHIPPING US $10.49 [0 bids]
Neil Finn Crowded House Split Enz - One All Interview U.S. PROMO cd Card Sleeve US $11.23 Buy It Now 9h 5m
SPLIT ENZ The Living Enz SEALED Original 1985 CANADIAN PRESSING US $22.82 Buy It Now 10h 30m
Split Enz, See Red b/w Give It A Whirl, Hermit McDermit; UK 7" single w/PS US $19.99 Buy It Now 10h 57m
TIM FINN No Thunder, No Fire, No Rain PICTURE SLEEVE 45 CROWDED HOUSE SPLIT ENZ US $9.04 Buy It Now 12h 34m
Originals by Crowded House (CD, Jul-1998, 3 Discs, EMI Music) Split Enz US $27.14 Buy It Now 13h 25m
Afterglow by Crowded House (CD, Jan-2000, Capitol)Split Enz US $13.57 Buy It Now 13h 38m
SPLIT ENZ: THE BEST OF/ HISTORY NEVER REPEATS US $22.00 Buy It Now 13h 52m
STORM RIDERS (sealed soundtrack) Lp Split Enz-The Church-Mondo Rock-NZ Pop ++~ M US $18.24 Buy It Now 14h 21m
Conflicting Emotions [Remaster] by Split Enz (CD, Feb-2007, Mushroom Records... US $10.86 [0 bids]
Split Enz True Colours - Laser Etched - blue p/s vinyl LP album record UK US $38.19 Buy It Now 17h 11m
The Finn Brothers Crowded House Split Enz - Everyone Is Here - U.S. PROMO cd US $8.97 Buy It Now 18h 6m
SPLIT ENZ, HISTORY NEVER REPEATS / HOLY SMOKE 1981 7" 45rpm OZ single US $4.51 Buy It Now 18h 15m
CROWDED HOUSE.NAILS IN MY FEET,AUTOGRAPHED,tim & neil finn split enz CD SINGLE US $24.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ.SPELLBOUND. LTD EDIT NZ BLACK US $25.00 [0 bids]
NOEL CROMBIE.MY VOICE KEEPS CHANGING ON ME split enz NZ 7" US $14.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ.SPELLBOUND. LTD EDIT NZ BLUE US $25.00 [0 bids]
EDDIE RAYNER-split enz/crowded house.HORSE NZ CD US $24.99 [0 bids]
Surf Riders Soundtrack OST LP FACTORY SEALED vinyl record surf Split Enz US $9.99 Buy It Now 19h 51m
SPLIT ENZ TIME AND TIDE Cassette Tape US $13.48 Buy It Now 20h 30m
SPLIT ENZ 'WAIATA" LP 1981 TIM FINN CROWDED HOUSE NO CD EVER NEW ZEALAND BAND US $5.99 Buy It Now 22h 18m
Split Enz Beginning Of The Enz Uk Lp US $19.99 Buy It Now 23h 32m
SPLIT ENZ ~'Corroboree'~Australian LP 1981~TIM FINN~EX US $24.47 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Split Enz True Colors Lazer Etched Holographics 12" Vinyl LP VG US $1.99 [0 bids]
TIM FINN & NEIL FINN - SPLIT ENZ - BEFORE & AFTER AND FINN BROTHERS - 2 CD LOT US $0.99 [1 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE Neil Finn of Split Enz LP 1986 USA PRESSING US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ Lazer Etched True Colors LP Promo Copy US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz -True Colours- A&M- RARE Laser Etched Vinyl Record Album- Excellent! US $4.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ 3 CUT 12" PROMO...BOAT/SANDY/NEVER CEASES.... US $6.99 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ LP "FRENZY" 1978 ....USA A&M ISSUE VG VINYL! US $6.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz- Waiata, Picture Disc US $21.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ: One Step Ahead (punk/new wave vinyl 45) US $8.00 Buy It Now 1 day
CROWDED HOUSE, DADA (SPLIT ENZ) - 14 Nov 1993,Hammersmith Apollo. Backstage Pass US $6.51 [0 bids]
True Colours [Laser Etched Shapes and Patterns].Split Enz.Vinyl.Very Good US $11.99 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ MENTAL NOTES ROCK MUSIC ROCK RECORD LP CHRYSALIS RECORDS GATEFOLD COV US $4.99 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $0.55 [1 bids]
OZ ROCK 70's (2CD) SKYHOOKS~TED MULRY~SPLIT ENZ~SPORTS US $35.26 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz, I Got You/Double Happy 7" 45 Vinyl Record - A & M Records 1979 US $12.99 Buy It Now 1 day
ONE 1981's 45 R.P.M. RECORD, SPLIT ENZ, CLUMSY + ONE STEP AHEAD US $2.69 [0 bids]
MAIDEN AUSTRALIA SPLIT ENZ HUNTERS ELBOW SHEAR JASON 2V US $3.77 Buy It Now 1 day
WAIATA Split Enz LP Vinyl NM Cover NM SP 4848 A+M US $8.99 Buy It Now 1 day
8 x Crowded House Tim Neil Finn Brothers Split Enz CDS US $18.09 [0 bids]
Split Enz Mental Notes US $425.23 Buy It Now 1 day
Enzso Vol 1- Split Enz Tribute CD - Neil & Tim Finn - Like New US $11.53 Buy It Now 1 day
New Crowded House Recurring Dream + Bonus Live Fan Club cd Neil Finn Split Enz US $14.99 [0 bids]
CROWDED HOUSE Better Be Home Soon / Kill Eye OZ 45 / Split Enz US $9.00 Buy It Now 1 day
HITBUSTERS NEW ZEALAND CASSETTE TAPE U2 THIS MORTAL COIL SPLIT ENZ BRONSKI BEAT US $10.86 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz The Beginning 1991 Mushroom CD Crowded House US $22.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz_True Colours_Laser Etched_used VINYL LP_ships from AUSTRALIA! US $45.23 Buy It Now 1 day
SPLIT ENZ - THE BEGINNING OF THE ENZ -9 TRACK CD- US $8.60 Buy It Now 1 day
Split Enz: I Got You / Double Happy 7" 45 NM Canada A&M 2252 US $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
[LP] Split Enz,The Beginning Of The Enz (Chrysalis) {EX} Ger 1980 US $9.59 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ, I GOT YOU / DOUBLE HAPPY. ORIGINAL 1979 A&M SINGLE US $1.62 [0 bids]
VTG Vinyl LP Record 1981 SPLIT ENZ Waiata SP-4848 Pop Rock USA Great Condition US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ True Colours Lazer etched RECORD LP New Wave VG+ US $14.00 Buy It Now 2 days
Conflicting Emotion Split Enz vinyl LP album record AMLX64963 A US $14.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - TRUE COLOURS - LIMITED EDITION LAZER ETCHED LP - RARE! US $36.99 Buy It Now 2 days
PROMO / SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLOURS / ETCHED VINYL WITH OBI US $149.99 Buy It Now 2 days
XTC IGGY POP 1981 MAG RAINBOW JOE ELY JIM STEINMAN SPLIT ENZ AYNSLEY DUNBAR US $13.63 [0 bids]
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz by Split Enz (CD, Mar-1996, A US $1.99 [0 bids]
Split Enz True Colours LP W/ Sticker Laser Etched NM 1979 US $20.65 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ~FRENZY~RAR?E 1981 LP~SPECIAL NEW ZEALAND PUNK ROCK GARAGE BANDN Mint US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - True Colours - 1980 UK A&M label 11-track Laser Etched vinyl LP US $34.67 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ DIZRYTHMIA 1977 USA CHRYSALIS PRESSED VINYL LP *NEAR MINT VINYL ITEM US $17.99 Buy It Now 2 days
NEIL FINN "Split Enz...Crowded House...Neil Finn" CD US $6.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - True Colours LP: Original 1979 Laser-Etched Edition, A US $4.88 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ Time & Tide LP OOP early-80's new wave US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ Second Thoughts 1992 Mushroom Records Australia 1st Press Oop CD 70s US $20.12 Buy It Now 2 days
History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz  HITS  Minty CD  New Case  Free Sh US $7.50 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ-BEST OF/20TH CENTURY CD NEW!! US $8.99 Buy It Now 2 days
FINN - FINN SELF TITLED Album CD Neil Tim Brothers Crowded House Split Enz US $2.60 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ True Colors ROCK LP Shrink A&M Laser Etched ORIG. INNER SLEEVE US $3.00 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ six months in a leaky boat 7" b/w make some sense of it (ams8216) pic US $8.15 Buy It Now 2 days
CROWDED HOUSE Now We're Getting Somewhere OZ 45 Promo 1986 / Split Enz US $18.05 Buy It Now 2 days
*******SALE! "I GOT YOU" by SPLIT ENZ 1980 NEW WAVE gem UNPLAYED MINT 45!******* US $2.99 Buy It Now 2 days
RIKKY AND PETE OST Orig 1988 LP CROWDED HOUSE Split Enz PHIL JUDD Eddie Rayner US $12.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MADONNA AUSTRALIAN RECORD COLLECTORS MAGAZINE SPLIT ENZ US $13.57 Buy It Now 2 days
STORM RIDERS SOUNDTRACK OZ SPLIT ENZ THE MODELS MATT FINISH JIMMY US $36.18 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz "True Colours" 1980 record album US $6.00 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ original promo vinyl lp MENTAL NOTES US $7.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz - Enz Of An Era Lp Aust Mushroom RML52027 US $20.81 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz The Best Of **Rare 1993 UK CD Album**Neil Finn Crowded House US $18.05 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ - MY MISTAKE - 45RPM -7'' US $2.71 [0 bids]
JIMMY & The BOYS They Won't Let My Girlfriend Talk To Me 1981 OZ 45 Split Enz US $9.00 Buy It Now 2 days
SPLIT ENZ TRUE COLORS EXCEPTIONAL ORIG 1980 A&M LP IN SHRINK BEAUTY! US $5.96 [0 bids]
SPLIT ENZ_True Colours_used cassette_ships from AUS!_R9 US $10.86 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz 7" 45 Aussie Vinyl Single - I Got You US $6.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Split Enz My Mistake 7"45 Rare Holland Pressing With Picture Sleeve 1977 EX US $31.67 [0 bids]
Enzso (Split Enz) Cd album - ft Neil & Tim Finn US $9.49 Buy It Now 2 days

More places to buy SPLIT ENZ music online Buy SPLIT ENZ & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SPLIT ENZ DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) ratings distribution

SPLIT ENZ History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version) reviews

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
3 stars This 30th Anniversary compilation is not as good as Spellbound (which is the best compilation of the band by a long shot) but still features the very best of Split Enz. It is sorely missing any rare or non released material that Spellbound featured. Overall you have the usual brilliant tracks that all Enz fans have grown to adore such as History Never Repeats, Dirty Creature, My Mistake, I See Red, I Got you, Shark Attack, One Step Ahead, Pioneer/ Six Months in a Leaky Boat, Poor Boy, I Hope I Never, and Message to My Girl. I Walk Away is a bonus track which makes this different to the original version but it is not really enough to recommend one over the other. The track Charlie is Live and a bit of a curiosity in a sense for that reason but it was never one of their best tracks, rather a vintage look at their early incarnation, played in a recent concert here.

The Enz transformed over the years from colourful costumed mannequins on acid to clean cut ladie's magnets. However, the sound transformed even greater as is evident on this compilation. The pop 80s were inundated by Split Enz on the charts and we Australians heard ad infinitum 'I Got You' and '6 Months on a Leaky Boat' on a daily basis. In fact I think I hear it striking up on the radio now! However they are so good one can't really complain. This compilation is really the singles and nothing else and here is where it falls down for me as there was so much more to this band.

In a manner of speaking this compilation is a condensed version of Spellbound but not as good as it doesn't feature their early prog related tracks from the first 3 albums. Semi Detached is missing as is some of their best material from Second Thoughts. Therefore this is no more than a poor man's version of what the Enz churned out from the 70s to 80s. I can only recommend this if you are desperate to hear what they sound like, but you are far better advised to grab hold of Spellbound which showcases the progressive side of the band.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#215076) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 stars Other than radio and TV, this was really the first cd I heard by Split Enz, its a great compilation of their more successful hit songs, but their are many omissions both from thier prog periuod and pop phase notably Bold as Brass, Sweet Dreams, Take a Walk, Spellbound, Stranger than Fiction; the ... (read more)

Report this review (#149613) | Posted by Cheesecakemouse | Thursday, November 08, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SPLIT ENZ "History Never Repeats: The Best of Split Enz (Australian version)"