TOO MANY GOODBYES

Buy ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Mood # 10 (5:12)
2. Unconditional (6:30)
3. Everytime I Think of You (5:58)
4. And Pure (6:09)
5. Lost Summer (6:54)
6. Kiss Away The Pain (12:54)
7. Fragments (12:18)

Search ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes lyrics

Search ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes tabs

- Steven McCabe / electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitar, keyboards
- Ken Senior / vocals
- Christopher Knight / drums

Released by Proximity Records, August 2007
First vocal album since 'Architect of Light'
First production run will feature a free, limited edition artPhoto

Thanks to Bombadiel for the addition

ELEGANT SIMPLICITY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes Music

Reversal Of TimeReversal Of Time
The Story Of Our LivesThe Story Of Our Lives
Studies in HeartbreakStudies in Heartbreak
Proximity Records 2005
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Anhedonia (Proximity Records ESCD 16) CD; Symphonic/Prog Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 19m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Aquatorium (Proximity Records ESCD 15) CD; Symphonic Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Moments Of Clarity (Proximity Records ESCD 11) CD; Prog Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 20m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Nowhere Left To Turn (Proximity Records ESCD 18) CD; Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 21m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Palindrome (Proximity Records ESCD 13) CD; Symphonic Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Purity & Despair (Proximity Records ESCD 10) CD; Prog Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 22m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Studies In Heartbreak (Proximity Records ESCD 17) CD; Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY The Nature Of Change (Proximity Records ESCD 8) CD; Prog Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 23m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY The Story Of Our Lives (Proximity Records ESCD 12) CD; Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes (Proximity Records ESCD 19) CD; Prog Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 25m
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Unforgiving Mirror (Proximity Records ESCD 20131104) CD; Rock US $12.95 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Elegant Simplicity: Palindrome CD 2001 Proximity Records ESCD 13 US $7.95 Buy It Now 10 days
Elegant Simplicity : Reversal of Time CD US $13.37 Buy It Now 12 days
Elegant Simplicity Moments of Clarity CD US $13.37 Buy It Now 23 days
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY - ANHEDONIA NEW CD US $27.39 Buy It Now 25 days
Anhedonia - Elegant Simplicity New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping US $30.12 Buy It Now 25 days
ELEGANT SIMPLICITY - ANHEDONIA (634479063107) - NEW CD US $27.11 Buy It Now 27 days
Elegant Simplicity - Anhedonia CD US $24.13 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy ELEGANT SIMPLICITY music online Buy ELEGANT SIMPLICITY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ELEGANT SIMPLICITY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes ratings distribution

ELEGANT SIMPLICITY Too Many Goodbyes reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars Elegant Simplicity is around here like forever but only got a couple of reviews for their 19 (!) albums they made since 1992. That's even more than one each year, amazing isn't it? I never heard the band before but managed to get my hands on this latest Too many Goodbyes.

If the band ever wanted to win me over with this release they did wise to put one of the better songs right up front. With Mood # 10 they show immediately what they are made of. An extremely melodic and strong sounding guitar dominated track with organ in the background. In the second half of the track keyboards do an excellent job as well. This instrumental is just about 100% my cup of tea and usually what I'm looking for in neo.4*.

Second track proves that ES also has vocals done by Ken Senior. (Mr. Steven mcCabe does all the melodic instruments and Cristopher Knight is responsable for the rhythm section). Unconditional is a more ambient track with great organ in the first part, later on alternated by guitar and vocals. This song is probably even better than the opener but it's safer to say they are different and great in their own way. 4,25*.

Everytime I think of you is not a cover of the famous Babys song but sounds completely different. Initially it seems to go the same way as the opener but as the vocals set in it appears the third one in a different style. The lyrics are biting: (you're a bitch, an unmitigated bitch). Ok someone obviously got hurt here. An emotional song apparently and third class act in a row to me. 4*.

And Pure is the second near perfect instrumental on this album. Again great alternation of the instruments. I don't think the band can pull this of live with mr.mc Cabe doing both keys and guitar. 4,25*.

Lost Summer is a bit like the second track, also this one creates fine atmosphere. These kind of songs remind me of Also Eden, another fairly unknown British neoband. Elegant Simplicity plays more energetic in general though. Wonderful song this. 4,25*.

Kiss away the Pain is the first of two more epical tracks to conclude this album. This one is also a sensitive ballad-like song. In the first half 100% with almost sad sounding vocals by mr. Senior. Halfway starts an impressive instrumental (mainly guitar) passage that lasts a few minutes. Last part of the song is dominated by the vocals once more. 4,5*.

Fragments is a pretty energetic instrumental at first, after a couple of minutes great variation sets in and the organ starts playing in a canterbury style (startling !). After this section many other new sound elements come along as if the band is showing all they are capable of. What a brilliant closing track this is ! 4,5*.

It's obvious to me that this band gets way too few attention on this site (only Thomas is doing his job so far) and more people should check this excellent band out. I certainly will buy more in the future. And for now this latest release is a first class effort to me (found myself another jewel !). Highly recommended for most neofans and the famous band ES comes closest to (style wise) is Pendragon because of their class in both the sensitive and the energetic style. The sound is very different though.

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#223919) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Review by Tarcisio Moura
3 stars Very interesting one man band from the UK. It is one fo those outfits that is not very well known despite the fact it has no les than 19 CDs recorded since its start in 1992. I was quite surprised by their music: Itīs highly melodic, well done and tastefu, with some bits of jazz here and therel. Not very original, but very good anyway. If you like thesofter, laid back side of prog chances are youīll enjoy this album very much (even if it starts iwth the rather frantic instrumental Mood #10). Composer and multi instrumentalist Steven McCabe plays almost everything here, but he is helped by the very able Christopher Knigh on drums (thank god he did not rely on those programmed drums!) and Ken Senior on vocals.

It is obvious that McCabe loves old fashioned prog: he uses basicly vintage sounding keyboards all over the record. His guitar solos are nice, smooth and melodic following the school of Camelīs Andrew latimer style. Vocals are only average. So why only 3 stars? Well, I found Too Many Goodbyes one of those CDs that apparently has everything I liked on prog music. The main issue, if I can called it that, is the fact that the songs did not excite me much. itīs like hearing a record that lacks a kind of conviction and spark that abounds on so many others I love. All the tracks are pleasant and good, but not really that great. His compositions are quite strong like the second tune Unconditional, but his guitar solos seem only adequate, as if he hadnīt tried hard enough to show the tuneīs feeling. And to make matters a little more the vocals are too bland. Those small faults really take away the songīs power. Over the CD it happens way too often. For the style he chose, it should have more passion. And passion is what neo prog is all about, right? Well, at least thatīs what I felt. Still, the music is very good.

Steve McCabe is a talented guy and I really think he has everything to stand out both as performer and songwriter. This is my first entry on his lengthy discography and Iīm looking forqard to hear his other works. This one is good, ok, but I feel he can go much further.

Send comments to Tarcisio Moura (BETA) | Report this review (#306837) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Post a review of ELEGANT SIMPLICITY "Too Many Goodbyes"