PARAMOUNT

Sieges Even

Sieges Even Paramount album cover

Buy SIEGES EVEN Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. When Alpha And Omega Collide (5:53)
2. Tidal (5:16)
3. Eyes Wide Open (5:41)
4. Iconic (4:59)
5. Where Our Shadows Sleep (7:08)
6. Duende (5:11)
7. Bridge To The Divine (5:56)
8. Leftovers (7:16)
9. Mounting Castles In The Blood Red Sky (5:37)
10. Paramount (8:50)

- Markus Steffen / guitars
- Alex Holzwarth / drums

Guest musician:
- Sven Rossenbach / saxophone

CD Inside Out records (2007)

and to Rivertree for the last updates

SIEGES EVEN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SIEGES EVEN Paramount Music

PID 2010
Audio CD$24.50 (used)
SophisticatedSophisticated
Quixote Music
SIEGES EVEN A Sense Of Change CD Progrseeive Power Metal 1991 Steamhammer US $4.00 [1 bids]
SIEGES EVEN Uneven CD REMASTERED Progressive Metal US $4.25 [2 bids]
SIEGES EVEN "LIFE CYCLE" RARE GERMAN PRESS VINYL LP - EX+/EX NWOBHM STEAMHAMMER US $26.76 Buy It Now 2 days
@ CD Sieges Even - Steps RARE METAL / STEAMHAMMER RECORDS 1990 ORG US $19.99 Buy It Now 5 days
SIEGES EVEN Playgrounds CD NEW Live Progressive Metal 2008 on Inside Out US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Sieges Even Playgrounds CD US $10.98 Buy It Now 6 days
Playgrounds by Sieges Even (CD, Jul-2008, Inside Out Music) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Beyond Chasm Japan CD w/obi watchtower sieges even cynic TOCP-7738 US $22.99 Buy It Now 7 days
ENDLESS TEARS "Emotion" ORG cd Krakkbrain,Sieges even,Threshold,Shud,Kalisia US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Sieges Even-Paramount (CD, Oct-2007, Inside Out Music) US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Steps by Sieges Even (CD, Jan-1990, SPV) US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
SIEGES EVEN - STEPS [SIEGES EVEN] - NEW CD US $9.76 Buy It Now 9 days
SIEGES EVEN - Steps CD + OBI US $9.99 Buy It Now 9 days
SIEGES EVEN "STEPS" RARE GERMAN PRESS VINYL LP - EX+/EX NWOBHM STEAMHAMMER US $21.74 Buy It Now 9 days
Sieges Even Steps CD 1990 used NM / NM original Steamhammer / SPV [SPV084-76212] US $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
SIEGES EVEN**PLAYGROUNDS**CD US $15.18 Buy It Now 12 days
SIEGES EVEN - PLAYGROUNDS NEW CD US $22.91 Buy It Now 13 days
Sieges Even - Playground CD US $17.88 Buy It Now 13 days
Sieges Even ?- Steps CD NM/NM US $21.00 Buy It Now 13 days
MEKONG DELTA "Intersection" Sieges Even,Psychotic Waltz,Pagan's Mind,Coroner, US $6.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Sieges Even - Playgrounds (CD, Jul-2008, Inside Out Music) IMPORT US $12.34 Buy It Now 14 days
SIEGES EVEN - PLAYGROUNDS - NEW CD US $14.01 Buy It Now 15 days
XERXES "Beyond my imagination"ORG cd General Inquisitor 93,Sieges Even,Vauxdvihl US $19.99 Buy It Now 15 days
VIGILANCE - Secrecy (CD 1997) Rare Progressive Metal Fates Warning Sieges Even US $15.99 Buy It Now 15 days
Playgrounds by Sieges Even (CD, Jul-2008, Inside Out Music) US $11.03 Buy It Now 17 days
SIEGES EVEN : PLAYGROUNDS German Import CD Insideout US $11.99 Buy It Now 21 days
NAPALM VS SIEGES EVEN 16TRACJS JAPAN CD TECP-25551 THRASH METAL US $69.99 Buy It Now 22 days
SIEGES EVEN - Sophisticated / 1st Press UNDER SIEGE RECORDS 1995 Dream Theater US $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
SIEGES EVEN - Uneven / 1st Press UNDER SIEGE RECORDS 1997 Dream Theater US $29.99 Buy It Now 22 days
Art of Navigating By the Stars, Sieges Even, Good US $20.87 Buy It Now 23 days
Sieges Even - Paramount US $12.23 Buy It Now 24 days
SALVATION "From where"ORG cd Gorgon 94,Sieges even,Osiris,Vauxdvihl US $39.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Art Of Navigating By The Stars - Sieges Even (2010, CD New) US $10.76 Buy It Now 25 days
SIEGES EVEN Steps CD Japan Obi 1990 German Progressive Metal Rare US $22.99 Buy It Now 25 days
SIEGES EVEN - ART OF NAVIGATING BY THE STARS (IMPORT) NEW CD US $34.09 Buy It Now 26 days
SIEGES EVEN - Steps (CD 1990) SPV Steamhammer factory sealed Progressive Metal US $19.99 Buy It Now 27 days
Sieges Even - Playground (CD New) US $9.71 Buy It Now 29 days
Sieges Even - Playground [CD New] US $13.97 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SIEGES EVEN music online Buy SIEGES EVEN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SIEGES EVEN DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SIEGES EVEN Paramount ratings distribution

SIEGES EVEN Paramount reviews

Review by Rivertree
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Psych/Space Team & Band Submissions
5 stars When Art Rock and Metal collide ...

Well, I didn't expect the band is able to improve once more. Therefore I'm really excited! This album is an excellent follower of 'The Art Of Navigating By The Stars' which was released 2 years ago when SIEGES EVEN surprised me much with their special blend of Art Rock and Metal elements. Now the same line-up basically has not changed the style (why shouldn't they?) - except some details. Again we have complex and very emotional songs with impressive hooklines, grooves and breaks dominated by Arno Menses' vocals. For a summary musically and technically perfect with a few song pearls as the result. You can enjoy clear guitars with many variants and there is no doubt about the qualities of the Holzwarth rhythm branch. On 'Paramount' SIEGES EVEN now additionally uses saxophone, samples, synths and the lyrics also contain catchy refrains. So I can even state more variety and sophistication.

First song When Alpha And Omega Collide sounds like it wasn't considered for the former album. This is meant just like a transition to point out the stylistical analogy. Alex Holzwarth's fantastic drum work is extra remarkable. Tidal begins more metal accented. Vocals are a little bit harsh modified in parts but the song is also provided with nice melodies and a spanish guitar interlude. Eyes Wide Open follows as mellow as KING CRIMSON's eponymous song from their album 'Power To Believe'. A wonderful mainstream bordering ballad which deserves to enter the rock charts by all means. Nothing what follows is lacking, excellent songwriting - the band has appointed every song with some specials. Iconic is interesting because decorated with some reserved Barbieri like psychedelic keyboard layers. Synths are initiatingDuende pursued by a fantastic bass guitar. Bridge To The Divine is provided with a very catchy refrain and Leftovers convinces with metal riffs and compelling vocals. Mounting Castles In The Blood Red Sky is something very special - gripping. They use Martin Luther King's 'I have a dream' monolugue as the background for a very very melancholic tune. Paramount - the point of culmination, initiated by a rocket lift off - remembers me at FATES WARNING. What a hookline, what an enormous guitar riff! Emotional vocals and a surprising saxophone solo by Sven Rossenbach - this is breathtaking!

SIEGES EVEN has navigated forward once again. 'Paramount' is not that spectacular for me as the forerunner which has to be considered as a comeback. Anyhow - this album is a (prog) rock music gem - flawless - enjoyable from the first to the last minute.

Send comments to Rivertree (BETA) | Report this review (#148835) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, November 04, 2007

Review by The T
3 stars I think SIEGES EVEN has taken a step back with their latest release, Paramount.

"The Art of Navigating by The Stars" was an absolutely amazing album, a big surprise for me and a sure 5- star (review soon to come). It was full of progressiveness, full of good melodies, some energy and also restraint. A masterpiece.

Paramount is a turn towards the mundane for this talented German band. In this album, gone are the intricate textures and RUSH-like phrases of its predecessor; gone are the great choruses and mostly the great riffs and rhythms of that album. In their place, we get a simple, much more direct, but also less inspired, bland metal album. It's very difficult at times to figure out the prog aspect of the music. The structures are typical, the performances are nothing extraordinaire, and there's not a single song that sticks in the mind.

It's like somebody gave the members a dose of a potent tranquilizer that not only numbs the muscles but also the inspiration, as some songs are incredibly (should I say it?) lame. No energy, no life, nothing that distinguishes some song from others.

There are a few decent moments and the album is OK. But after such a gem as "The Art of Navigating by the Stars", this is such a tremendous dissapointment. A weak album, deserving 2.5 stars. As is my rule, I round it up to a 3.

Send comments to The T (BETA) | Report this review (#158978) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, January 18, 2008

3 stars I liked "The Art Of Navigating By The Stars" a lot even though it was big change from their past albums. It seems like they are drifting further and further from the Prog-Metal genre. Nothing they've done compares to "A Sense Of Change" which was released in 1991, now that was an amazing Prog-Metal recording ! "Paramount" is a good album but for me it's too straight forward and the vocals don't do a lot for me especially the harmonies. I miss the complexity.

"When Alpha And Omega Collide" is spacey to start with before heavy drums and some power drop in. It settles back down when the vocals come in.The contrast continues. I do like the power that comes and goes on this one. "Tidal" like the previous track has some powerful pasages, although it does settle down at times. "Eyes Wide Open" is a ballad and this is where they lose me, it sounds like a power ballad on the chorus. "Iconic" has my attention with the intro and really the whole song. This one has some atmosphere to it. I like when the tempo picks up after 2 minutes and later before 4 1/2 minutes. Not a big fan of the uptempo vocal melodies though,they kind of spoil what could have been a dark and atmospheric song.

"Where Our Shadows Sleep" is a great song instrumentally but again the harmonies and vocals kind of ruin the mood. Some chunky bass and heavy drums here. "Duende" features some killer bass and some riffs too. One of the better tracks. "Bridge To The Divine" is a bright and happy at times,then it settles as the contrast continues. "Leftovers" opens with a heavy duty soundscape before a calm with vocals comes in. Contrast continues. Love the heavy sections. "Mounting Castles In The Blood Red Sky" is an instrumental except that we get to hear Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech. It's kind of cool actually. It sounds like it's raining late in the song. "Paramount" has a sample of the Apollo 11 lift off a minute in. Heaviness follows. It settles with vocals 2 minutes in. It's heavy again as the contrast continues. A trumpet solo comes in late. I like how dark and heavy this one is.

3.5 stars.There's a lot to like here. I just wish i didn't have problems with certain parts of this record because it is well written and played.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#201487) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, February 02, 2009

4 stars On their last album before breaking up for the second time, Sieges Even marry their two sides - complex metal and melancholic art rock. The result is more straight-forward than their more known works, but strikes the balance between complexity and melody. Holzwarth brothers, who form the rhythm ... (read more)

Report this review (#1021775) | Posted by Progrussia | Thursday, August 22, 2013 | Review Permanlink

3 stars This is an album of songs, some incredible, some good, and one questionable. I feel a similar effect when listening to this album as with Fates Warning's "FWX" - a late-career decision to dabble in song-oriented modern rock, creating a listening experience that sometimes works wonders and some ... (read more)

Report this review (#577810) | Posted by 1791 Overture | Tuesday, November 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars a very interesting follow-up to The Art of Navigating by the Stars, indeed. sticking with essentially the same line-up and essentially the same sound as its predecessor, Paramount is only slightly below their crowning glory album. songs 1-4 are good, strong Sieges Even at their best but nothi ... (read more)

Report this review (#477335) | Posted by sv_godspeed | Wednesday, July 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

4 stars It pains me to see this album being compared and shunned because of its predecessor. Unlike some of the other reviewers I consider this album to feel as inspired as The Art of Navigating by the Stars, I feel that the only shift that has taken place is a more focused sense of direction for both the ... (read more)

Report this review (#302457) | Posted by Lezaza | Wednesday, October 06, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Paramount follows up the excellent The Art of Navigating by the Stars. Although the two albums share a lot in common, given the circumstances that surround both, one can understand that Paramount just does not reach the heights of Art. SE got back together with their original guitarist, Markus ... (read more)

Report this review (#237143) | Posted by johnobvious | Friday, September 04, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars My personal Album of The Year 2007. And a very aptly titled one. It's years that I have come across an album that moved and impressed and entertained me so much at the same time - this is the one. This is songwriting at its best, you'll hardly find more tastefully crafted songs in prog music. ... (read more)

Report this review (#163262) | Posted by strayfromatlantis | Wednesday, March 05, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I picked up on this band with 'Art Of Navigating The Stars' and really enjoyed their stylings, their blend of metal, prog, some neo (just a shade), and their infectious melodies. I have been impatiently awaiting this album ever since. And it doesn't fail to deliver. The guitars are oftentimes ... (read more)

Report this review (#149339) | Posted by catsclaw | Tuesday, November 06, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The 'coldness' of the last release "...Art of..." is replaced by a warmer, bassier, clearer, but a less 'open' production. The songs are 'songs', simpler, shorter arrangements, but with the interesting bits that quality muso's from interesting backgrounds can create. I guess Steffen brought ba ... (read more)

Report this review (#143806) | Posted by praj912 | Friday, October 12, 2007 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Only very very good things I have to say about this German band's lattest album. I really was amazed by the high quality vocal works and arrangements. In fact, as many reviews that are on the internet had mentioned, the album is quite more accesible than others; though the top class musicians' s ... (read more)

Report this review (#139178) | Posted by Sterlingprog | Wednesday, September 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars I've looked forward to hear this album since the band's past releases 'Art Of Navigating The Stars' and 'Sense Of Chnge' are in my favorites. Sadly this release is disappointed me a lot. This time they moved from metal to melodic prog, from sophisticated prog to a more accessible sound than ever ... (read more)

Report this review (#135997) | Posted by eMTee | Monday, September 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SIEGES EVEN "Paramount"