SONGS FOR INSECTS

- Paul Enzio / guitars
- Christopher Lee / guitars
- Dustin Donaldson / drums

Metal Blade Records

Thanks to avestin for the addition

THOUGHT INDUSTRY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY Songs For Insects Music

Songs for InsectsSongs for Insects
Metal Blade Records 1995

More places to buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY music online Buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THOUGHT INDUSTRY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THOUGHT INDUSTRY Songs For Insects ratings distribution

THOUGHT INDUSTRY Songs For Insects reviews

Review by siLLy puPPy
5 stars First of all, I must say that this didn't start out as a masterpiece when I first heard it 20 years ago. I picked up this first album by the Kalamazoo, Michigan band totally by chance not knowing a thing about it. Only intrigued by the Dali cover art, the band name, the title and the track names. Nothing else was like this then and to this day I still have not heard anything that sounds like this. Once I started listening it was a very strange form of metal indeed. I'm still not sure what this is but I guess progressive punky thrash metal would be the best description that fits but there's an avant-garde feel to the whole thing as well.

Even after the first listen I wasn't sure if I liked this but there was an underlying catchiness to it that kept me listening to it over and over. After many years and many listens, SONGS FOR INSECTS has grown on me to the point where I love this album and it ranks very high on my faves list. Every song is well constructed. With interesting philosophical lyrics and progressive twists and turns, it really takes you on intriguing rides. I pretty much love everything about this including the vocals by frontman Brent Oberlin, which at first sound a little weak but over time I have found them perfect for the sound and it doesn't dissuade me from giving this album the highest of praise.

Send comments to siLLy puPPy (BETA) | Report this review (#1070291) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 01, 2013

5 stars Being a patron of Progarchives for about a year and a half, I've constantly read and looked at the various reviews published here, constantly discovering works of artists I have never heard of and reconsidering works of artists that I have listened to for years. I feel like now it is time for me ... (read more)

Report this review (#482666) | Posted by Gryphon6 | Friday, July 15, 2011 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THOUGHT INDUSTRY "Songs For Insects "