OUTER SPACE IS JUST A MARTINI AWAY

- Christopher Lee / guitars
- Herb Ledbetter / bass
- Jared Bryant / drums

Metal Blade Records

Thanks to avestin for the addition

THOUGHT INDUSTRY MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY Outer Space Is Just A Martini Away Music

Outer Space Is Just a Martini AwayOuter Space Is Just a Martini Away
Metal Blade Records 1996

More places to buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY music online Buy THOUGHT INDUSTRY & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THOUGHT INDUSTRY DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THOUGHT INDUSTRY Outer Space Is Just A Martini Away ratings distribution

THOUGHT INDUSTRY Outer Space Is Just A Martini Away reviews

Review by siLLy puPPy
3 stars Back in the 90s i was eagerly awaiting the release of a new THOUGHT INDUSTRY album after falling in love with their first two whacked out takes on progressive metal. I knew they wouldn't simply repeat their sounds of the previous albums but when I finally got this and put it on I was extremely disappointed. They tamed their sound so much they sounded like an average alternative rock band with progressive leanings. This is pretty much when I wrote them off and moved on.

After listening to this many years later, I have to say that this album isn't as bad as I remember, however it is still falls way short of winning me over like their first two albums. The titles live up to the surreal Thought Industry standards but that is where the similarities from previous works end. While songs like "Jeb and the Haymaker" have some interesting sounds, most of the tracks are a little underwhelming for my standards of this band. For me this is a hit and miss assortment. For those who thought the first two albums were just a little too wild, they might be more into this than I am.

Send comments to siLLy puPPy (BETA) | Report this review (#1070295) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, November 01, 2013

Post a review of THOUGHT INDUSTRY "Outer Space Is Just A Martini Away "