ARTS AND ALLUREMENTS

Band Of Rain Arts and Allurements album cover

Buy BAND OF RAIN Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Their Mistake (5:30)
2. The Devil's Debts (5:09)
3. Stars Beneath the Sea (5:23)
4. Vampire (6:14)
5. Drusilla (6:02)
6. Arts and Allurements (5:33)
7. The Innocence (3:40)

- Bill Fleming / drums
- Chris Gill / guitar & keyboards

Special guests:
- Jason Illidge / bass on all tracks
- Mike Leivers / guitar (10)

Released on AmBeCa Records CD701

Thanks to Magic Mountain for the addition
and to kev rowland for the last updates

BAND OF RAIN MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BAND OF RAIN Arts and Allurements Music

Arts & Allurements by Band of Rain (2007-05-22)Arts & Allurements by Band of Rain (2007-05-22)
CD Baby
Arts & AllurementsArts & Allurements
CD Baby 2016

More places to buy BAND OF RAIN music online Buy BAND OF RAIN & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

BAND OF RAIN Arts and Allurements ratings distribution

BAND OF RAIN Arts and Allurements reviews

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Prog Team
4 stars One of the best things about Facebook is that it is possible to easily get back in touch with people that you haven't spoken to for a while, and this is what happened here. Chris Gill saw a post of mine, and then contacted me directly and we soon worked out that the last BoR album I had heard was 2005's 'Garlands'. So, a short while later two CDs arrived in the post, of which this is the first. Released in 2007, this album saw a shift in the band both musically and in terms of structure, as Chris now made this a proper outfit with only drummer Billy Fleming surviving from the previous album. Chris provided keyboards and guitars, while he also brought in new singer Sharon Leslie (along with guest Jason Illidge on bass, and guitarist Mike Leivers on one song).

The more I played this the more I enjoyed it, and also I found that I kept thinking more and more of Incubus Succubus. The reason for that is that there is a real gothic feel to much of this, and Sharon's voice reminds me of Candia, and that is before we even get onto the subject matter ('Vampire', 'Pan' etc). What makes it so very different though is the musical backing, where Chris can be providing a gentle melody in counterpoint yet also allowing himself with another guitar to provide Gilmour-style noodlings over the top. There is a real depth and haunting quality to this album throughout, and when I heard the 'Blessed Be' refrain at the end of 'Drusilla' I found myself thinking just how much these guys would complement Legend in concert.

There is a gentle wave of music in the background, broken by the soloing guitar, while Sharon's vocals are very much to the fore and her controlled approach suits the music perfectly. The result is an album that can be dreamy or gothic, but always extremely good. For more details on this and others then visit www.bandofrain.com

Post a review of BAND OF RAIN "Arts and Allurements"