TRIPSIS

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Alchemist Tripsis album cover

Buy ALCHEMIST Music
Studio Album, released in 2007

1. Wrapped In A Guilt (4:34)
2. Tongues And Knives (5:15)
3. Nothing In No time (5:50)
4. Anticipation Of A high (4:34)
5. Grasp At Air (4:36)
6. Communichate (4:26)
7. Substance For Shadow (4:50)
8. God Shaped Hole (5:05)
9. Degenerative Breeding (3:47)

Search ALCHEMIST Tripsis lyrics

Search ALCHEMIST Tripsis tabs

- Adam Agius / guitar, vocals, keyboards
- Roy Torkington / guitars
- Rodney Holder / drums
- John Bray / bass

CD Relapse Records (2007)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

ALCHEMIST MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy ALCHEMIST Tripsis Music

TripsisTripsis
Relapse 2007
TRIPSISTRIPSIS
BOUNDEE
Tripsis by Alchemist [Music CD]Tripsis by Alchemist [Music CD]
RELAPSE RECORDS

More places to buy ALCHEMIST music online Buy ALCHEMIST & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for ALCHEMIST DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ALCHEMIST Tripsis ratings distribution

ALCHEMIST Tripsis reviews

Review by UMUR
4 stars As I mentioned in my review of Alchemistīs previous album Austral Alien, I donīt think Alchemist is very progressive. Different sounding metal yes, but progressive no. Not Dream Theater progressive anyway. Alchemist music is of a whole other character. Their main influences are Killing Joke and Prong, bands far removed from the symphonic and technical complex sound of the Dream Theater school.

Tripsis is much more heavy than Austral Alien, which sometimes were more in the softer Killing Joke vein. This album reminds me more of Prong and Adam Agius Tommy Victor vocals are omnipresent. Alchemist is not a copy band though. They have their own distinct sound and actually Tripsis is a very strong album. Itīs even better than Austral Alien which was also a very good album. I think the drummer Rodney Holder has to be mentioned too, as he is very energetic and has changed his playing from the last album to a much more aggressive style on Tripsis. He is really a treat to listen to. I also like the guitar from Roy Torkington which is really cool and laidback, just flowing over the metal madness. His guitars are more in the rock vein and not so metallic. The interaction between the two guitars is what creates the magic in the melodies in this band. They seldom play the same chords, but compliment each other perfectly.

I donīt see the relevance for prog heads though, but the metal boys should be able to find intense pleasure in this. I know I do.

Send comments to UMUR (BETA) | Report this review (#152902) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Review by Bonnek
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Prog Metal Team
3 stars Alchemist continues to release top quality metal albums in a time where 99% of all metal releases are complete dross. I bet there's more then hundred metal releases every month so claiming one percent is good might even be too optimistic. But anyway, Alchemist reside in the top of the genre. Unfortunately not in popularity though. I think this might be part of the reason why they attempted a much more metalized industrial approach on Tripsis: short and aggressive tracks, hoarse singing only and, unfortunately, less diversity in the song writing.

It seems to be really very difficult these days to find a metal band that does not keep repeating their one trick over the course of an entire album. And Alchemist has fallen in the same trap on this album. All songs are still pretty good but I'm exhausted by the time the album gets halfway. It gets me really worried about the next album. Will also the subtly layered guitars have to go in favour of a typical metal riff-fest?

Let's hope not. That they may find their way back into the more progressive galaxies they used to hike to a few albums back. First half of the album is 4 stars, second half 3 stars.

Send comments to Bonnek (BETA) | Report this review (#237699) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, September 06, 2009

3 stars Alchemist still remains among the top metal bands out there. However, as seen with their previous release Austral Alien, Alchemist seems to have fallen into a trap of producing the same song over and over again. Don't get me wrong. The musicianship here is still top notch. However, I feel as ... (read more)

Report this review (#603114) | Posted by thesleeper72 | Wednesday, January 04, 2012 | Review Permanlink

4 stars When I first heard of Alchemist I was surprised about the combination of genres their music represented. Therefore I put much enthusiasm in the listening process and i have to admit that it payed of. The album features a hardcore root embodied by the drums and general rhythm aspects, fronted by ... (read more)

Report this review (#140012) | Posted by Zarec | Sunday, September 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of ALCHEMIST "Tripsis"