DEATH OF A DEAD DAY

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

Sikth Death Of A Dead Day album cover

Buy SIKTH Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. Bland Street Bloom (5.40)
2. Flogging The Horses (3.32)
3. Way Beyond The Fond Old River (5.02)
4. Summer Rain (3.35)
5. In This Light (4.24)
6. Sanguine Seas Of Bigotry (4.17)
7. Mermaid Slur (0.47)
8. When The Moment's Gone (5.59)
9. Part Of The Friction (5.13)
10. Where Do We Fall? (4.40)
11. Another Sinking Ship (4.02)
12. As The Earth Spins Round (6.36)
13. Each Other And Ourselves (Japan Bonus Track) (4:45)

Search SIKTH Death Of A Dead Day lyrics

- Graham Pinney / guitar
- James Leach / bass
- Dan Foord / drums & percussion

Bieler Bros. Records

Thanks to avestin for the addition

SIKTH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy SIKTH Death Of A Dead Day Music

The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something WildThe Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild
Death of a Dead DayDeath of a Dead Day
Bieler Bros Records 2006
Flogging the HorsesFlogging the Horses
Wea International 2006
Scent Of The ObsceneScent Of The Obscene
Gut Records 2011
Death Of A Dead Day LP (Vinyl Album) UK Basick 2014Death Of A Dead Day LP (Vinyl Album) UK Basick 2014
Basick
Vinyl$54.32
How May I Help YouHow May I Help You
Let Transmitting Begin EpLet Transmitting Begin Ep
Jvc Japan 2004
Scent of the ObscenceScent of the Obscence
Single · Limited Edition · Import
Import [Generic] 2003
Death of a Dead Day by Sikth - BRAND NEW (CD, Jun-2006, Bieler Bros. Records) US $5.50 [0 bids]
Sikth - Death Of A Dead Day [CD New] US $10.63 Buy It Now 3 days
PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION AWOKEN BROKEN SEALED CD NEW 2012 IRON MAIDEN SIKTH US $6.90 Buy It Now 3 days
Death of a Dead Day by Sikth *New CD* US $8.05 Buy It Now 3 days
Death of a Dead Day, Sikth, New US $12.68 Buy It Now 3 days
SIKTH - DEATH OF A DEAD DAY NEW CD US $17.35 Buy It Now 3 days
SIKTH Death of a Dead Day [Digipak] (CD, Jun-2006, Bieler Bros. Records) US $5.99 [0 bids]
SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY CD US $6.30 Buy It Now 4 days
SIKTH - DEATH OF A DEAD DAY [DIGIPAK] - NEW CD US $10.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Sikth - Death of a Dead Day CD OUTPATIENTS THE HELL THIS IS MENACE SAD SEASON US $11.25 Buy It Now 5 days
META-STASIS - WHEN THE MIND DEPARTS THE FLESH CD / MEMBERS OF SIKTH US $8.05 Buy It Now 6 days
Sikth - Death Of A Dead Day CD US $15.34 Buy It Now 7 days
ANIMALS AS LEADERS The Joy Of Motion 2 LP GREEN VINYL periphery meshuggah sikth US $49.99 Buy It Now 7 days
PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION - Awoken Broken - Iron Maiden SikTh - Sealed Vinyl LP US $24.13 [0 bids]
SIKTH-Death Of A Dead Day CD NEW US $13.19 Buy It Now 15 days
MIKEE GOODMAN (SikTh) & ADRIAN SMITH (Iron Maiden) - Magazine Poster US $7.24 Buy It Now 15 days
Sikth Death Of A Dead Day RSD limited edition numbered 2 LP set, sealed/ NEW US $52.53 Buy It Now 17 days
SikTh Death Of A Dead Day JAPAN Digipak CD +1Bonus VICP-63417 New 193 US $11.99 Buy It Now 18 days
Sikth - How May I Help You - CD Single - Near Mint [B] US $8.03 Buy It Now 21 days
Death Of Dead Day - Sikth New & Sealed Compact Disc Free Shipping US $18.84 Buy It Now 24 days
Death of a Dead Day [Digipak] * by Sikth (CD, Jun-2006, Bieler Bros. Records) US $8.28 Buy It Now 25 days
SIKTH THE TREES ARE DEAD AND DRIED OUT ETC 2003 GUT RECORDS CD ALBUM US $16.08 Buy It Now 25 days
Sikth : The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild CD (2003) US $5.63 Buy It Now 27 days
Death of a Dead Day [Digipak] by Sikth (CD, Jun-2006, Bieler Bros. Records) US $8.88 Buy It Now 27 days
MY MINDS WEAPON - THE CARRION SKY - CD ALBUM 2008 / BASICK DJENT SIKTH MESHUGGAH US $3.22 Buy It Now 29 days
Young Guns Bones CD SikTh Dan Weller Wrestlemania XXIX US $6.99 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy SIKTH music online Buy SIKTH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for SIKTH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

SIKTH Death Of A Dead Day ratings distribution

SIKTH Death Of A Dead Day reviews

Review by Conor Fynes
5 stars 'Death Of A Dead Day' - Sikth (9/10)

Let's make it clear; "mathcore" is most definitely not my thing. Sure, a band can be talented as all hell, but if it comes off sounding needlessly chaotic and adolescent, I tune out pretty quickly. Of course, there are bands that manage to justify the sense of chaos with exciting ideas and intelligent songwriting. Sikth are a progressive metal band that shares the same scene as acts like Protest The Hero, and even Between The Buried And Me. What sets them apart however, is their devotion to pushing the envelope as much as they can. Bordering on avant-garde absurdity, Sikth's second and final album 'Death Of A Dead Day' may be a slight move towards consolidating their sound, but it is as mad and sporadic as just about anything you will find in metal today.

When I first heard of Sikth a year or two back, I did not think much of them. I thought them to be part of the scene that sought to encroach hardcore upon progressive metal, and regardless of their playing abilities, that sound has never been for me. I'm glad I decided to check these guys out again though; while aspects of 'Death Of A Dead Day' don't align perfectly with my tastes, I cannot help but be impressed by what they are doing here. In terms of comparisons, Sikth are somewhat similar to Protest The Hero, although Sikth are quite a bit more challenging and 'out there'. System Of A Down also comes to mind. The vocals here are chaotic and diverse, much like avant-metal champions UneXpect. In truth, the sound of this band goes everywhere, and in itself, that creates a firm impression. Although none of these songs are ones that will be getting stuck in a casual listener's head anytime soon, I don't hear many modern progressive metal bands who are able to keep their music consistently exciting and even downright fun to listen to.

Instrumentally, this band is wild. The compositions they write are highly demanding, and the band pulls it off remarkably. The vocals, while conveying some of the adolescent screams that turned me off from the band to begin with, are about as technical as the instruments, fitting odd lyrics around complex time signatures. Sikth will not appeal to a large demographic of people, even among metalheads. Even after several listens, it's difficult to find a rosetta stone to 'crack' this album, although that constant sense of being 'out there' is part of the appeal. Even when concentrating heavily on the music, 'Death Of A Dead Day' comes across as being extremely chaotic and quirky, but it's pulled off in such a way that that it becomes incredibly fun to listen to, in the same sense of a roller coaster. Sikth don't take themselves too seriously, but their music is executed with precision and leaves me feeling wowed.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#609378) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review by Warthur
4 stars Metalcore-based Djentamaniacs Sikth offer a convincing sophomore album with Death of a Dead Day. Sadly, it's my understanding that they disbanded after this, which is a shame because on the strength of this they could have been the UK's answer to Animals As Leaders had they stuck it out. The basic features of metalcore are still present, so if you're allergic to breakdowns and angsty screaming you may find this one a hard sell, but most fans of experimental and progressive metal with any sympathy for the Djent sound will find that Sikth's impressive technical mastery will win them over sooner or later.

Send comments to Warthur (BETA) | Report this review (#1054130) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 05, 2013

5 stars After a mezermising debut, how do you match it. By making it more tolerable. This album is a lot more meldoic than their debut and is more easy listening (it still is incredbily crazy though). This album is also alot more structured and alot more catchier as well. I do favour this album, v ... (read more)

Report this review (#283296) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Monday, May 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars For some reason the masses on progarchives still haven't gotten their eyes and ears on this fantastic band. A disbanded band now, sadly. Yet this does not by any means lessen the importance these records have had, and will have on guitar playing and progressive metal for future generations. Ju ... (read more)

Report this review (#239868) | Posted by Lezaza | Friday, September 18, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Now I can see why this band would not be very loved on the archives. I know a few metal heads that can't handle this music. But I must say, I looked past the throaty guttural vocals, (which grew on me) and saw the absolutely beautifully orchestrated music behind it. These guys are like the Da Vin ... (read more)

Report this review (#209016) | Posted by Treasure | Saturday, March 28, 2009 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Ah, the awaited follow-up to TTADADO, Death of a Dead day. At first I found this album heavily inferior to the first one, mainly due the overall darker and more "serious" feel about it, since I found the joyful feel of the first album contributed to make it so great. Although with time, as I list ... (read more)

Report this review (#148657) | Posted by Lillkwist | Saturday, November 03, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of SIKTH "Death Of A Dead Day"