IN KEEPING SECRETS OF SILENT EARTH: 3

Coheed And Cambria

Coheed And Cambria In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 album cover

Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA Music
Studio Album, released in 2003

1. The Ring in Return (2:07)
2. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (8:12)
3. Cuts Marked in the March of Men (3:50)
4. Three Evils (Embodied in Love and Shadow)(5:08)
5. The Crowing (6:35)
6. Blood Red Summer (4:05)
7. The Velourium Camper I: Faint of Hearts (5:21)
8. The Velourium Camper II: Backend of Forever (5:52)
9. The Velourium Camper III: Al the Killer (4:15)
10. A Favor House Atlantic (3:54)
11. The Light & the Glass (9:39)
12. 21:13 (Hidden Track) (9:46)

Search COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 lyrics

Search COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 tabs

- Claudio Sanchez / Vocals, guitars
- Travis Stever / Guitars
- Michael Todd / Bass
- Josh Eppard / Drums
- Danny Louis / Additional Keyboards

Thanks to Shwang_Shwinga for the addition

COHEED AND CAMBRIA MP3, Free Download (music stream)

• The Crowing In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, 2003
  • Welcome Home Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, 2005

Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 Music

The Afterman: DescensionThe Afterman: Descension
Hundred Handed Inc 2013
No World For TomorrowNo World For Tomorrow
COLUMBIA 2007
IN KEEPING SECRETS OF SILENT EARTH:3IN KEEPING SECRETS OF SILENT EARTH:3
TOYS FACTORY
Audio CD$2,092.36
THRICE Vheissu 2 LP CLEAR VINYL /300 *SEALED* dustin kensrue coheed and cambria US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 38m
THRICE Vheissu 2 LP GOLD VINYL /300 *SEALED* dustin kensrue coheed and cambria US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 39m
No World for Tomorrow [PA] by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Oct-2007, Columbia (USA)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets 2xLP Peach Marble Neverender Tour Vinyl US $149.99 [0 bids]
LP COHEED AND CAMBRIA The Afterman Decension PICTURE DISC NEW MINT SEALED US $29.99 Buy It Now 11h 51m
ROCK SOUND (MWA) CD VOL 80 - PANIC! AT THE DISCO/COHEED AND CAMBRIA (REF E3) US $6.44 Buy It Now 13h 4m
ROCK SOUND (MWA) CD VOL 81 - COHEED AND CAMBRIA/DEATHSTARS (REF E3) US $6.44 Buy It Now 13h 4m
COHEED AND CAMBRIA The Afterman: Descension Digipak Fast Shipping US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 42m
Coheed And Cambria The Afterman:Ascension Limited Edition Black Friday Clear LP US $32.25 Buy It Now 15h 47m
Coheed and Cambria : Good Apollo, Im Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for T US $5.69 Buy It Now 15h 48m
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth by Coheed and Cambria Vinyl Record (2014) New US $54.99 Buy It Now 17h 47m
Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
The Second Stage Turbine Blade - Coheed and Cambria - CD US $2.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA: LIVE AT THE STARLAND BALLROOM US $7.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 45 The Running Free (Vinyl, 7", Single, Promo, 45 RPM) US $5.74 [2 bids]
SECOND STAGE TURBINE BLADE - COHEED AND CAMBRIA (CD) rare unreleased bonus songs US $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Afterman: Descension - Coheed and Cambria cd signed band autographed US $175.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed And Cambria - The Suffering [2 Versions] (CD Single) Promo US $6.40 Buy It Now 1 day
The Second Stage Turbine Blade by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Feb-2002, Equal... US $5.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria Second Stage Turbine Blade Cd Free Shipping US $5.24 Buy It Now 1 day
COHEED AND CAMBRIA NO WORLD FOR TOMORROW CD BRAND NEW ROCK US $15.11 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 NEW, MINT, VINYL US $41.00 [7 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV. CD/DVD US $9.68 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - PLAYLIST: THE VERY BEST OF COHEED AND CAMBRIA - NEW CD US $7.18 Buy It Now 1 day
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Live At La Zona Rosa 3.19.04 Limited Edition 6 track EP) US $15.19 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed and Cambria The Afterman Deluxe 2LP SEALED w/Signed Guitar Pics 1500 only US $99.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 [2LPs 180g] *SEALED* US $34.01 [10 bids]
SEALED! COHEED AND CAMBRIA THE AFTERMATH:ASCENSION HHI005V vinyl record album LP US $44.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STRING QUARTET TRIBUTE TO COHEED AND CAMBRIA IN KEEPING SECRET - NEW CD US $4.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA-Lot of 2 magazine adverts US $4.82 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed and Cambria Guns of Summer 7" Vinyl LP Picture Disc US $29.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Coheed And Cambria-In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth:3 Cd US $12.50 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA:Mountains:&:T-shirt NEW:SMALL ONLY US $26.34 Buy It Now 1 day
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol. 2 [Deluxe Ed Bonus DVD] US $15.00 Buy It Now 2 days
IN AVIATE - 1985 - CD Coheed And Cambria Circa Suvive Minus The Bear / Rise '08 US $14.52 Buy It Now 2 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: DESCENSION - NEW CD US $19.46 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed And Cambria- Second Stage Turbine - EVR114CD US $19.10 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed and cambria live At La Zona rosa US $4.99 [0 bids]
The Afterman: Descension by Coheed and Cambria *New CD* US $9.88 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed and Cambria Live at La Zona Rosa 2004 RARE 6 TRX Limited promo CD NEW US $25.00 [0 bids]
Coheed And Cambria ?- In Keeping Secrets Grey Swirl Vinyl US $100.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol.1 - 24HR POST US $9.52 Buy It Now 2 days
Coheed And Cambria The Afterman: Ascension Big Beige Demos LP SEALED CLEAR US $24.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Neverender, 6 TRK HOT TOPIC LIMITED EDITION CD, SEALED US $26.00 [12 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - YEAR OF THE BLACK RAINBOW [CD] [1 DISC] - NEW CD US $24.97 Buy It Now 2 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA year of the black rainbow bonus trks CD +DVD +BOOK DELUXE BOX US $109.99 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets Grey Marble Double Vinyl Sold Out OOP NEW US $51.00 [2 bids]
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Ascension - CD US $3.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Oct-2003,... US $4.99 [0 bids]
Prize Fighter Inferno Half Measures RSD Glow in the Dark 10" Coheed and Cambria US $29.95 [0 bids]
# COHEED AND CAMBRIA IN KEEPING SECRETS CD near mint! US $4.56 Buy It Now 3 days
Bear Vs Shark "Terrorhawk" LP OOP Coheed and Cambria Thrice Circa Survive US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
BRONX / FALSE ALARM 7" coheed and cambria thrice deftones the used brand new US $10.00 [0 bids]
Circa Survive Blue Sky Noise Limited 2xLP /1000 Coheed And Cambria Thrice Saosin US $174.99 Buy It Now 3 days
2x Coheed and Cambria 45 rpm Single Welcome Home, The Running Free US $20.00 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 Equal Vision Records US $4.00 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 2004 Zona Rosa w/ RARE LIVE 6 TRX LIMITED PROMO CD MINT US $49.99 Buy It Now 3 days
No World for Tommorrow by Coheed and Cambria US $0.99 [0 bids]
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 [Digipak] by Coheed and Cambria (CD,... US $6.00 [0 bids]
"Coheed And Cambria Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: CD" US $6.00 [0 bids]
The Afterman: Descension [Digipak] by Coheed and Cambria (CD, 2013) Like New. US $6.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria-The Afterman: Descension CD NEW US $25.16 Buy It Now 3 days
Coheed and Cambria - No World For Tomorrow SIGNED Vinyl LP Record OOP RARE US $75.00 Buy It Now 3 days
1 CENT CD Sale ! Coheed And Cambria ~ In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 WOW US $0.01 [1 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: ASCENSION - NEW CD US $15.91 Buy It Now 3 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA "GOOD APOLLO I'M BURNING STAR IV" Vol.1 2005 CD New Sealed US $7.95 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA (CD) "GOOD APOLLO I'M BURNING STAR IV-VOL 1 2005 BMG W/SLEEVE US $4.99 Buy It Now 3 days
No World for Tomorrow [PA] by COHEED and CAMBRIA 2007 Columbia MINT US $10.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Year of the Black Rainbow by Coheed and Cambria (CD, Apr-2010, Columbia (USA)) US $15.99 Buy It Now 3 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - THE AFTERMAN: DESCENSION, ORG 2013 EU vinyl LP + CD, NEW! US $35.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Coheed and Cambria - Year of the Black Rainbow Deluxe edition CD/DVD US $10.00 [0 bids]
COHEED and CAMBRIA Afterman DEMOS ONLY 2500MADE VINYL LP Record Store Day SEALD US $49.99 Buy It Now 4 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 CK 93989 US $5.69 Buy It Now 4 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV CD 2005 CK 93989 ROCK US $5.22 Buy It Now 4 days
Coheed And Cambria The Suffering 7" Single Red Vinyl Record LTD US $29.99 [0 bids]
COHEED and CAMBRIA Afterman: Ascension Sealed 12" Vinyl Record w/ FULL CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Coheed and Cambria, The Second Stage Turbine Blade Audio CD US $7.49 Buy It Now 4 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth 3 DOUBLE LP 12 Track Doubl US $40.63 Buy It Now 5 days
Coheed and Cambria xl shirt evanesence nightwish US $8.00 Buy It Now 5 days
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV w/ BONUS LIVE TRK JAPAN CD US $49.99 Buy It Now 5 days
Coheed and Cambria Welcome Home 7" single Vinyl Picture Sleeve RARE US $18.00 [0 bids]
Coheed And Cambria Neverender DVD Region 1, NTSC US $11.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Bear Vs Shark "Terrorhawk" LP OOP /250 Coheed and Cambria Thrice Circa Survive US $69.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed And Cambria: Embroidered Logo Patch Fully Lined Cadet Cap - New With Tag US $16.94 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed and Cambria The Running Free Promo 7 US $19.95 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed And Cambria Authentic Signed Limited Vinyl Record No World For Tomorrow US $619.00 [0 bids]
Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets IKSSE3 2x LP Grey Swirl Vinyl Sealed OOP US $49.99 [0 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA Iro-Bot 7" GREEN VINYL rare oop UNPLAYED US $39.99 Buy It Now 6 days
New Coheed and Cambria In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 2 X 12" US $9.99 [1 bids]
COHEED AND CAMBRIA 35X25" MOSAIC WALL POSTER US $19.34 Buy It Now 6 days
Coheed and cambria logo new and sticker black cut tee t-shirt US $17.99 Buy It Now 7 days

More places to buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA music online Buy COHEED AND CAMBRIA & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for COHEED AND CAMBRIA DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 ratings distribution

COHEED AND CAMBRIA In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 reviews

Review by Queen By-Tor
3 stars First there was Yes, followed by Rush, then came Dream Theater, and now Coheed and Cambria.

It seems like each decade has it's high-pitched-heavy prog to add to the mix, and here we find the next step. Like it or not, where Yes fused with psychadelia, Rush fused with rock, Dream Theater fused with metal, C&C have fused with Emo and punk, and it's quite a mix. All in all the album has soundscapes reminicent of the modern music of the new millenium, with with a flavor of the good old stuff. Amung the mix is some great tracks, KEEPING SECRETS... itself is a powerhouse that clocks at 8 minutes, and while the bulk of the remaining tracks sit clamly at 3-4 minutes, the pseudo-epic VELOURIUM CAMPER takes up a nice 15 minutes in it's entirety (I just wish it was one track, not 3). the latter mentioned track is also the album's standout, well constructed with a nice amount of flowing speed changes. The album does have it's downsides, likely the biggest is that nostalgia is mostly absent, leaving us with a very emo sounding record, where the C&C's predicessors have followed closer in the prog footsteps. Don't get me wrong, this is a theory that bands SHOULD be taking; new, fresh music. I just don't think emo is the right vein in which to pursue it.

I guess I kind of went on a tangent there.

Back to the album. For bringing prog closer to the mainstream of the new music machine C&C deserves some credit, I just hope their latter albums become more, well, progressive, but this is just a personal taste. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Queen By-Tor (BETA) | Report this review (#133429) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, August 17, 2007

3 stars In the liner notes Josh Eppard the drummer and brother of Joey (the singer / songwriter for the band 3) says "And how could I forget Mr. Aidella (9th grade student advisor) who told me that I would never amount to anything playing music and that I should be a male nurse or something. F**k you !" I agree with the others who have reviewed this record that say this sounds like progressive punk music. Not as "noisy" or complex as THE MARS VOLTA but it is more melodic and easier to digest.

It opens with a PINK FLOYD-like moment as we can hear the phone ring and someone walking towards it to pick it up. It then gets orchestral sounding with piano before it stops and we hear what sounds like a nucleur explosion. The title track is up next and it is by far the best track other than the hidden song. The guitar style is in the Post-Rock vein as the other guitarist grinds away over top. We then get an explosion of sound. Claudio sings a memorable line "Man your battle stations" as a nice heavy soundscape is heard throughout. I really like Claudio's vocal melodies, they are so well done. Great tune ! "Cuts Marked In The March Of Men" features some good heavy rhythms, great drumming and vocal melodies.

"Three Evils(Embodied In Love And Shadow)" is an uptempo, catchy tune with more fantastic vocal melodies. There are some brief death-like vocals. "The Crowing" is a good track that opens with the sound of rain and a spooky atmosphere. Riffs come in followed by vocals and a grinding guitar melody. More atmosphere 3 1/2 minutes in with some steller drumming after 5 minutes. "Blood Red Summer" is a punk influenced tune, maybe a little immature sounding in my opinion. The vocal melodies are a nice 3 minutes in. "The Camper Velourium" suite is divided into 3 sections of over 15 minutes of music. The third part is my favourite, especially the more uptempo sections of it. "A Favour House Atlantic" has lots of energy while "The Light & The Glass" starts off quietly with acoustic guitar and fragile vocals. The sound gets fuller 2 minutes in until we have riffs a minute later. A calm section doesn't last long before the power returns.The last vocal line is where the name of their next album would come from.

The hidden track is called "2113" in reference to Claudio always hearing how he sounds a little like Geddy Lee from RUSH. And it is also the longest song on the album, and the best in my opinion. It is also instrumentally a lot like a RUSH song although it's no "2112". Still it has crisp drumming with time changes and a real nod to Lifeson 5 1/2 minutes in with the guitar melody. Nice. 3.5 stars.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#135958) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, September 03, 2007

Review by Prog-jester
3 stars This is a good sign seeing this band on Archives (at least in Related genre). It means that we don’t lock ourselves in Retro-Prog and agree that Prog hadn’t died on December, 31, 1979. Prog is progressing, taking new forms and expressions, blending with other styles and genres, and sometimes the result can be amazing. In CaC case I should say COULD be amazing.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA play some kind of a EmoProg (?), with clear influences from METALLICA and pop-punk. What makes them different from many other bands is their level of musicianship, recognizable vocals (can annoy others but I like them) and unconventional (in Emo world ;) ) way of arranging and songwriting (long tracks, numerous tempo changes and wide usage of complex signatures). On the other hand, CaC fails to hold my attention during the whole album. They sound very samey on this release (as well as on the previous one), and I choose to listen to some songs from it (“In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth- 3”, “The Crowning”), not the whole thing which I’ve listened to 4 or 5 times. And it was hard task, believe me! Somewhere in the middle attention slips away, all songs ae becoming very close to each other and only epic (split into 3 separate tracks) and closing “The Light and the Glass”, a masterpiece in its own, made me awaken again.

I believe that CaC have a huge potential. They’re pretty popular and it helps to enlarge the amount of attention given to Prog in some way, and this is positive. They are able to overcome those flaws they have for now and become more challenging and fascinating…if they want to.

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#137900) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Review by The T
3 stars This is not really a progressive-rock album but may be a related one.

The album starts off with its best song, the tile track, which is full of progressive elements and makes us believe that we're in for a great ride. Sadly, things go downhill afterwards.

I see two problems with this album: one, the voice is not original. To be honest, I don't know which band came first, COHEED AND CAMBRIA or THE MARS VOLTA, but whichever came second, its vocalist emulates the other one to almost a copy/paste degree. I can't see many differences between the two. That overly-exaggerated, punk-ish, teen-angst-like vocal tone of both bands is impossible to forget.

The second element I dislike about this album is the fact that, after track 3, it becomes an emo-pop-rock- punk record, with barely a prog element. Most songs after track three are short, with very similar riffs and vocals and choruses, and all of them sound like a collection of tracks taken from MTV's current hit program. All is useless energy, repetitive music, with anger and desperation that serves no purpose. Maybe it's my disdain for emo-punk music that makes me judge these tracks a little bit harsher than they deserve, but I just feel dissapointed when I hear an album with such a terrific start get lost in the midst of prom-night-party music.

The musicians are very capable and this band could have a lot of potential if they got rid of the emo sound. I'll give the album 3 stars because of the promise it shows and because of its redeeming features. But COHEED AND CAMBRIA could be much better than it actually is. At least for my taste.

Send comments to The T (BETA) | Report this review (#162931) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, February 29, 2008

Review by Moatilliatta
5 stars After a very satisfying debut, Coheed and Cambria return with an almost 70-minute album, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, complete with high-budget production, and even some speculation that it syncs with a Lord of the Rings movie (it's no Dark Side of the Moon, but there are some neat, mostly lyrically, things here and there). The gritty sound is gone, and a crisp prog rock/metal/pop sound trancends here. For brevity's sake, as well as my time's, I will avoid doing the track-by-track analysis.

The album opens with a telephone ring, footsteps, and the sound of a woman picking up the phone and saying hello, and then immediately moves into an orchestral version of a motif that was introduced on the band's debut. After some noises that resemble a gust of wind and fire, the sound fades as we here a man say Hello Apollo, where should I begin? And thus begins the third chapter in the saga. This album has some killer, dynamic mini-epics: the title track, "The Crowing," "The Light & the Glass," and "21:13," which is this album's bonus track. These pieces show off the band's songwriting abilities while avoiding pretention and technical bravado. These guys can do it, but they show great restraint here. It would be nice to see some flair, but we have other bands for that. Coheed and Cambria puts emphasis on melody on top of a solid rhythmic foundation. We see some overt pop songs in "Three Evils," "Blood Red Summer," and "A Favor House Atlantic," but they are all quite good songs, and in the context of the rest of the album, as well as the concept, they help create a diverse yet coherent record. Three of the tracks in the second half of the album are part of a mini-suite called "The Velorium Camper." The tracks don't go together musically, but the purpose of the suite is to focus the group of songs on a subplot. This type of structure will appear at the end of each of their next two records. They are unified only by their lyrics. The first song is a 70s rock song complete with cowbell, the second is a song that is dark but melodic, and the third is a melodic punky song again with a dark feel. The other track, "Cuts Marked in the March of Men," is a short but well constructed song.

The key to enjoying this band might very well be to take them as they are and not what you hope/expect them to be. They are melodic, dynamic and memorable. Even if they did have the potential to do more, this remains to be a fantastic album in itself. Maybe they will evolve into that band we all see in them, but that doesn't make this album bad by any means. I personally think the variety of styles works for them, and in fact if I want a fix of well constructed pop music, I can get it here among other great songs. I would rather listen to these pop songs than a Rush pop song any day. Great stuff start to finish. I'll give it 4 1/2 stars again, but this time I'm rounding up.

Send comments to Moatilliatta (BETA) | Report this review (#165509) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Review by Conor Fynes
4 stars 'In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth' - Coheed & Cambria (8/10)

Coheed & Cambria aren't the only band to have a foot in both the 'emo' and prog genres of music. Bands like The Fall Of Troy write music that both appeals to the 'scene' crowd and uses complex musical techniques. While I don't necessarily consider Coheed & Cambria to be an emo band persay, this album definately has the most traits of being 'emo' of all of their music. Songs like 'Favor House Atlantic' reflect an inate awareness of the crowds that make money, but 'In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth' is far from being a mainstream record. There is enough solid music on this album to appeal to many prog fans. Although a prog fan might enjoy the 'Good Apollo' duology more than this record, it's a very sensible record that combines catchy hooks with some solid guitar work and some progressive approachs to songwriting.

The song that actually got me into this band in the first place is on this album, and might be why 'In Keeping Of Silent Earth' is my most listened to album by Coheed. I can remember listening to 'The Crowing' on ProgArchives quite a long time ago, and recognizing the talent of the band almost instantly. It is the most progressive track on the album, and is something of a mini-suite, a la 'Paranoid Android,' or 'Bohemian Rhapsody.' It's one of Coheed & Cambria's best songs in my opinion, and demonstrates their compositional talent very well. The title track is also very epic and cool, and will also appeal to prog fans above the rest.

While there's not enough time to review every song on this album, each song is sure to bring something of it's own to the table. 'In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3' is a very solid album, and although I can't imagine all prog fans loving the rather emo-styled music, that isn't to say that it lacks inspiration. Four stars.

Send comments to Conor Fynes (BETA) | Report this review (#205607) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, March 06, 2009

5 stars This being their second album, Coheed show a natrual progression from their debut. And to be honest, it favours it in many points. I think this album is also way up in my list of top 161 albums, so you can tell what mark I'm already gonna give it. But but don't worry, their is reasoning behin ... (read more)

Report this review (#477403) | Posted by arcane-beautiful | Wednesday, July 06, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 -- Coheed and Cambria With their sophomore effort, Coheed and Cambria strike gold. With In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, Coheed evolve their sound to a wholly appealing and intriguing formula. With tighter compositions, better instrumentation ... (read more)

Report this review (#427226) | Posted by The Monodrone | Sunday, April 03, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Again, i love this band and this albums no different. This is the start of them beginning to loose their 'emo' tag and this time playing around with prog..pop..punk (its an excellent mix trust me). As per the musicmanship is second to none and production is spot on, the songs are a lot stronger ... (read more)

Report this review (#282523) | Posted by FarBeyondProg | Tuesday, May 18, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A little bit over poppy in some cases and a touch of emo, but i still find this to be a good album overall. The opening two tracks are some of the best work that Coheed and Cambria has ever pulled off in both terms of instrumentation and having a great opening for a concept album. In keeping secr ... (read more)

Report this review (#281641) | Posted by TheLastBaron | Wednesday, May 12, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This album is definitely where Coheed decided to become progressive, if thats really a decision. There are so many epis tracks on this album including, The light and the glass, the bonus track 21:13 (don't even try and tell me they weren't influenced by Rush), and of course the title track! This alb ... (read more)

Report this review (#280503) | Posted by garla1lh | Tuesday, May 04, 2010 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Coheed and Cambria is a band that during a very concentrated time dominated the discussions about music among me and my friends. Was it emo, was it heavy metal, was it progressive? The opinions were as varied as there were people and although they all varied there was common ground in all of them; ... (read more)

Report this review (#252419) | Posted by Lezaza | Monday, November 23, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Writing this review in retrospect of how the last 2 albums were made makes it even more difficult to put this album into a genre. If epic was a genre, then this album would be the most essential piece. The prog meat of this album, in my opinion, is the Velorium Camper series, which includes haun ... (read more)

Report this review (#211241) | Posted by tafka2112 | Monday, April 13, 2009 | Review Permanlink

5 stars There is only a few albums I would consider giving a 5 star rating, but this album is in the top 20 of all of my albums. Coheed and Cambria has become one of my favourite bands. Discovered by accident a couple years ago, but have since that grown to become one of the most played bands. It is di ... (read more)

Report this review (#205789) | Posted by tommn3 | Sunday, March 08, 2009 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Let me say that this band did excite me a bit a while ago. I saw their show and they made a very good performance. A couple of their songs, although poppy, seemed to hold some substance with me, despite their simplicity. All I'm trying to say is that I respect this band a bit for what it's tryin ... (read more)

Report this review (#182453) | Posted by topofsm | Sunday, September 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars At first, I had my doubts about the quality of Coheed & Cambria's music because of their very modern sound. I liked them, but I never thought I would be as much of a fan as I am now. When I found out that all of their albums are concept albums based off of a graphic novel series written by Claudio ... (read more)

Report this review (#174116) | Posted by Henry_Hamilton_Smyth | Monday, June 16, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The essential COHEED album if your a huge fan like me. Along with SSTB, and their latest masterpiece, No World For Tommarow. Opening with a phone call and a amazing intro. It cuts away and you hear "Good apollo, Where do i begin". Immediately kicking off the Title track and best coheed song eve ... (read more)

Report this review (#152864) | Posted by coheedrocks27 | Monday, November 26, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Great album. As the others said, punk meets prog. The outstanding tracks are the definately the longer ones: In Keeping is an epic, and would be amazing live with the chanting at the end of the song. The Crowing has several shifts and changes throughout the song to keep it more than interesting ... (read more)

Report this review (#135346) | Posted by firethrottle | Wednesday, August 29, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars This album is by far my favorite of the 3 currently out. The main reason is that I think this has the highest concentration of great songs, without anything that screams filler or should've been left on the cutting room floor. Although I don't deny the progressiveness of C&C, I really like the ... (read more)

Report this review (#134616) | Posted by jmcdaniel_ee | Thursday, August 23, 2007 | Review Permanlink

3 stars Punk meets Prog? Maybe, but the result is fantastic. Coheed and Cambria create here a dark atmosphere through the entire album. No song is "bad." By virtue of that, however, In Keeping Secrets of The Silent Earth: 3 is by no means a "Masterpiece of Progressive Music." Nice, catchy melodies and ... (read more)

Report this review (#133421) | Posted by Inverted | Thursday, August 16, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of COHEED AND CAMBRIA "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3"