CATHEDRAL OF EMOTIONS

Ricocher

Ricocher Cathedral Of Emotions album cover

Buy RICOCHER Music
Studio Album, released in 2002

1. Haunted By Dreams (6:55)
2. Child Inside (5:18)
3. Ideals (4:23)
4. Cathedral Of Emotions (10:32)
5. Painting (4:50)
6. Fugitive (5:08)
7. Live Your Live (6:24)
8. Out Of Hands (5:05)
9. Mask Of Illusions (10:23)

Search RICOCHER Cathedral Of Emotions lyrics

Search RICOCHER Cathedral Of Emotions tabs

- Erwin Boerenkamps / vocals, guitar
- Bart von Helmond / guitar, backing vocals
- John von Heugten / keyboards, synthetiser backing vocals
- Mikel van der Meer / drums
- Nils Nijssen / bass, backing vocals

Red Sea Records #RED5018

RICOCHER MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy RICOCHER Cathedral Of Emotions Music

Zarah: A Teartown StoryZarah: A Teartown Story
PROGROCK RECORDS 2005
Quest for the HeartlandQuest for the Heartland
Audio CD$15.99 (used)

More places to buy RICOCHER music online Buy RICOCHER & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for RICOCHER DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

RICOCHER Cathedral Of Emotions ratings distribution

RICOCHER Cathedral Of Emotions reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
3 stars Their previous EP was quite alright and ''Ricocher'' came back with a full (and lengthy) album two years later. What can I say about this work?

First of all, very little reviews for this Dutch band (one commented review before mine). Even if the music proposed is rather basic, I believe that they would have deserved more exposure here (Dutch fans could have promoted them a bit more: Up, Up). It is just a question of reporting your feelings about a band who plays good prog music after all. Anyway, since I am a neighbour (Belgium), I will do the job.

What's for sure is that this album is not a masterpiece. There is nothing wrong with ''Cathedral of Emotions'' except that it totally lacks in . emotion. What you'll get here is a classic neo-prog album with some fine guitar breaks and above average vocals.

Still, this hour long album doesn't hold a lot of great tracks. As with most of neo-prog albums, I have to say that my first impression when I listened to this work some five years ago was dramatically better than the one I have tonight.

Even the long title track is not transporting me into the heights of prog heaven. Crafted music, that's for sure. But little gorgeous moments. It often reminds me of ''Flamborough Head'': same vocal approach, and a fine but passionless musical style. Cathedral of Emotions'' is just shy of . emotions as I have said.

The prog fan will still be confronted to fine melodies and to some extent, popish atmospheres (''Fugative''). Now, per se, there is nothing wrong in writing pleasant pop tunes. It might sound as basic prog music, but it is enjoyable (the guitar break is so pleasant.).

Some tame moments are unfortunately also ''highlighting'' this effort. This feeling is seriously felt during ''Live Your Live''. And the Marillion Mark I oriented ''Out Of Hands'' might sound just too much to many ears (and mine belong to the impression). This is a ''Garden Party'' revisited.

I will be quite conservative with my rating. The choice between two or three stars being always a difficult task. This ''Cathedral Of Emotions'' is an average album but I'll upgrade it to three stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#194599) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 stars This is once again a good cd for neo-prog lovers,I am telling you that I was very please to discover this band, a little bit like Subterra,Chaneton and Knight Area there is nothing weak on this album,the keys are close to old Marillion,the music as lots of energies but you wont hear a lot of gui ... (read more)

Report this review (#11055) | Posted by | Wednesday, January 19, 2005 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of RICOCHER "Cathedral Of Emotions"