SPIRIT OF LIVE

Live, released in 2000

1. I Can See (4:26)
2. Into The Sun (7:05)
3. Soul Survives (9:52)
4. How Many Tears (10:37)
5. Don't Miss You (3:50)
6. Journey To Paris (3:08)
7. Spirit Of Life (4:28)

- Torsten Reichert / bass
- G¨nter Werno / keyboards
- Andres Lill / drums

InsideOut #IOMA 2018-2

VANDEN PLAS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy VANDEN PLAS Spirit of Live Music

Chronicles Of The Immortals - NetherworldChronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld
Frontiers Records (Universal) 2014
Extra tracks · Limited Edition · Remastered · Special Edition
Inside Out U.S. 2004
AccultAccult
Insid 1998
Vanden Plas - Spirit Of Live (2000) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.67 Buy It Now 8h 18m
Far Off Grace by Vanden Plas (CD, Jan-2003, Inside Out Music) US $24.99 [0 bids]
VANDEN PLAS - SPIRIT OF LIVE CD - Inside Out Music America 2000 US $9.90 Buy It Now 1 day
Avalon / Mystic Places JAPAN+1 Vanden Plas OOP!!!!! *C US $24.99 Buy It Now 2 days
ANGRA VANDEN PLAS En Tournee CD SINGLE " NEW & SEALED" FREE REGISTER SHIPPING US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
Missa Mercuria [Vanden Plas, Pink Cream 69] (New & Sealed Melodic Metal CD 2002) US $8.39 Buy It Now 3 days
VANDEN PLAS THE SERAPHIC CLOCKWORK CD NEW! PROGRESSIVE POWER METAL! PAYPAL! US $9.99 [0 bids]
VANDEN PLAS The God Thing +1 bonus trk CD Japan OBI RARE US $14.50 [0 bids]
VANDEN PLAS Colour Temple +2 bonus trx CD Japan OBI RARE US $12.50 [0 bids]
IAN PARRY Consortium Project +2 JAPAN w/OBI OOP ELEGY AYREON KAMELOT VANDEN PLAS US $19.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld by Vanden Plas (Audio CD) US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight USED CD Progressive Metal US $6.00 [0 bids]
Vanden Plas - Christ 0 USED CD First press with bonus track US $8.00 [0 bids]
VANDEN PLAS allegro / princess 12" VG+ TRM 001 Vinyl 1996 Record US $15.00 Buy It Now 6 days
Vanden Plas Beyond Dayight (CD, 2004) Progressive Metal US $0.99 [0 bids]
VANDEN PLAS / SPIRIT OF LIVE US $14.99 Buy It Now 7 days
VANDEN PLAS - FAR OFF GRACE +2 bonus tracks, KOREA CD W/OBI US $23.59 Buy It Now 7 days
SHEELA-BURNED DOWN 1995 CD JAPAN RARE\VANDEN PLAS\ US $12.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VANDEN PLAS FAR OFF GRACE CD MADE IN BRAZIL ORIGINAL 1st PRESS 1999 WITH 2 BONUS US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VANDEN PLAS Spirit Of Live CD (New) US $15.87 Buy It Now 8 days
ANGRA VANDEN PLAS En Tournee CD SINGLE " NEW & SEALED" FREE REGISTER SHIPPING US $29.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VANDEN PLAS COLOUR TEMPLE CD MADE IN GERMANY 1stPRESS 1995 DREAM CIRCLE LUCRETIA US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Vanden Plas - God Thing (CD, Sep-2004, Inside Out) IOMCD 016 METAL RULES US $18.04 Buy It Now 8 days
Vanden Plas ?- AcCult CD NM/NM US $20.00 Buy It Now 9 days
Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld by Vanden Plas CD (2014) Brand New US $28.99 Buy It Now 10 days
SECTION A-THE SEVENTH SIGN 2004 CD LION \CD-MAXIMUM(LION'S SHARE,VANDEN PLAS) US $4.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Vanden Plas ?- The God Thing CD NM/NM US $21.00 Buy It Now 10 days
Vanden Plas 1997 The God Thing Rare German Sympho / Prog Metal CD Inside/Out US $15.99 Buy It Now 10 days
THRESHOLD Subsurface +1 bonus trak (Special Edition) CD: VANDEN PLAS, DREAMSCAPE US $16.99 Buy It Now 11 days
EMPTY TREMOR Alien Inside CD: AT VANCE, GENIUS, VANDEN PLAS, Oliver Hartmann US $11.69 Buy It Now 11 days
IVORY TOWER Beyond the Stars CD: AXE N SEX, VANDEN PLAS, AVALON US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
LANFEAR The Art Effect CD: Progressive Metal: VANDEN PLAS, THRESHOLD, DREAMSCAPE US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SILENT VOICES Chapters Of Tragedy CD: DREAMSCAPE, VANDEN PLAS, THRESHOLD US $17.99 Buy It Now 11 days
VANDEN PLAS Beyond Daylight CD Brand New Amazing Progressive Power Metal 2002 US $9.99 Buy It Now 11 days
SOMNIAE STATUS - Cassandra (CD 2003) Progressive Metal Vanden Plas Queensryche US $14.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Vanden Plas - Colour Temple (2CD) (Import) US $12.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight (Import) US $12.00 Buy It Now 13 days
VANDEN PLAS CHRONICLES OF THE IMMORTALS NETHERWORLD DIGIPAK CD NEW US $19.61 Buy It Now 13 days
ANTHRIEL - THE PATHWAY - 2010 CD - PROGMETAL DREAM THEATER THRESHOLD VANDEN PLAS US $11.17 Buy It Now 13 days
VANDEN PLAS - The Seraphic Clockwork (CD 2010) factory sealed Digipack + bonus US $16.99 Buy It Now 14 days
Vanden Plas - Chronicles Of The Immortals: Netherworld (Path 1) [CD New] US $14.93 Buy It Now 15 days
VANDEN PLAS Spirit Of Live CD Progressive Metal 2000 Brand New US $7.99 Buy It Now 15 days
VANDEN PLAS**PATH 1: CHRONICLES OF THE IMMORTALS - NETHERWORLD**CD US $13.95 Buy It Now 16 days
VANDEN PLAS-THE SERAPHIC CLOCKWORK +BONUS TRACK+BONUS VIDEO DIGI NEW US $13.99 Buy It Now 17 days
Vanden Plas - Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld Path One - New CD y US $23.45 Buy It Now 17 days
Ian Parry´s Consortium Project-S/T Self Titled Elegy Kamelot Ayreon Vanden Plas US $6.99 Buy It Now 18 days
VANDEN PLAS - SPIRIT OF LIVE CD +1 (SEALED) $2.99 S&H US $11.99 Buy It Now 19 days
Chronicles Of The Im Vanden Plas CD US $11.94 Buy It Now 20 days
Chronicles Of The Immortals: Netherworld (Path 1) [Digipak] by Vanden Plas... US $10.98 Buy It Now 20 days
VANDEN PLAS ~'BEYOND DAYLIGHT'~ RARE GERMAN PROMO ONLY CD 2002~PROG ROCK~NEW! US $33.60 Buy It Now 20 days
Vanden Plas, Spirit of Live Audio CD US $10.28 Buy It Now 20 days
VANDEN PLAS - CHRIST 0 (UK) NEW CD US $32.29 Buy It Now 21 days
Empty Tremor / Apocolokyntosys JAPAN+1 Vanden Plas Time Machine PROMO!!!!! US $39.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Christ 0 Vanden Plas CD US $23.28 Buy It Now 21 days
VANDEN PLAS: Chronicles Of The Immortals - Netherworld Path One CD 2014 NEW US $14.99 Buy It Now 21 days
Vanden Plas - Chronicles Of The Immortals (2014) - New - Compact Disc US $11.96 Buy It Now 21 days
Vanden Plas - Christ 0 CD US $26.28 Buy It Now 22 days
Vanden Plas AcCult [11-Trk] CD *NEW German 1998 Abydos Jesus Christ Superstar US $69.00 Buy It Now 22 days
Vanden Plas - Christ 0 [CD New] US $17.23 Buy It Now 22 days
VANDEN PLAS CD - CHRONICLES OF THE IMMORTALS: NETHERWORLD (2014) - NEW UNOPENED US $17.99 Buy It Now 22 days
The Vanden Plas - Santa Margherita - 2003 #108789 US $8.39 Buy It Now 23 days
The Vanden Plas - Santa Margherita (Remix) #108790 US $8.39 Buy It Now 23 days
Vanden Plas / The God Thing JAPAN+1 Dream Theater OOP!!!!! A US $39.99 Buy It Now 23 days
Vanden Plas - Colour Temple (2010) - NEW & SEALED US $11.73 Buy It Now 24 days
SUN CAGED S/T Self-titled CD ~NEW~ Progressive Metal, LEMUR VOICE, VANDEN PLAS US $11.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Vanden Plas - Colour Temple (2010) 2 CD SPECIAL EDITION - NEW -FREE FASTPOST US $16.42 Buy It Now 25 days
The Vanden Plas - Allegro - Tantrum - 1996 #384435 US $8.39 Buy It Now 27 days

More places to buy VANDEN PLAS music online Buy VANDEN PLAS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for VANDEN PLAS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

VANDEN PLAS Spirit of Live ratings distribution

VANDEN PLAS Spirit of Live reviews

Review by progrules
4 stars At this moment of reviewing this album has received 9 ratings and no reviews yet. And I have to say, this is not an easy one to review for me as well. First I have to say I'm a huge Vandenplas fan at least where their studio efforts are concerned.

And there actually lies my problem with Vandenplas, with this live-issue. A few years ago I had the chance to see them live myself when they visited Holland in a combined concert with Riverside. In fact I went for Riverside back then who opened the evening gig. But it became all very late and because I had to catch the last train I missed out on Vandenplas. I was really hurt but this pain has decreased after hearing this live album. Not that there is anything wrong with the musical performance, on the contrary. For instance Stephan Lill is indeed the guitar hero I always saw in him and also the other bandmembers perform excellently. The only thing I have a problem with is the entertaining (not the vocal !) performance of Andy Kuntz. To explain this I have to start with the statement that I like a bit of modesty on the stage. A down to earth and sympathetic connection with the audience of mostly the singer of a band is what I very much appreciate (like Roine Stolt or Nick Barrett for instance). And that's exactly not what mr.Kuntz is doing on this album. All he can come up with is over the top shouting out and showing off his great skills of the various languages (English and French (the gig was in Paris), because you have to know many Germans don't really control these languages). Apparently Andy Kuntz is so proud of this that he really wants everybody to know. Well, I'm sorry but I don't like that attitude and I regret to admit that the man hasn't increased his distinction for my personal taste. Because that is at the same time something you have to realize, it's just my personal feeling about this, any other person might feel very different about this and experience it all as great entertainment !

Besides above stated this is a more than excellent performance by Vandenplas on this live album, maybe even worthy of the 5 stars but I feel I have to subtract at least half a star because of my complaint for this is really a disturbing element when I play this CD. Highlight is the excellent Into the Night played in the beginning and getting the audience in the right mood. And the rest is hardly any less. Shame about the almost narcissist tendencies of Andy Kuntz on several moments (especially when he goes French) ruining the thing slightly for me. But I can go no lower than 4 stars because this band is simply too good !

Send comments to progrules (BETA) | Report this review (#189693) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
4 stars To get an accurate picture of what Vanden Plas sound like, then it is only necessary to put on track ten, a cover of the Dokken classic "Kiss Of Death" where they are joined onstage by the main man himself, Don Dokken. This is a recording of their sold out show at the Elysee Montmartre in Paris on 13/02/00.

The audience were going crazy before the band even got onstage, and by the time Stephan Lill started cranking out the riffs to "I Can See" they were most definitely up for it. It is the mix of hard rock guitars with sweeping keyboards and great harmony vocals that make this band a force to be reckoned with. They have been together for ten years now, and will soon be releasing their fourth studio album. This band may not be getting the acclaim in the UK that they deserve but touring Europe with bands such as Savatage, they have gained many friends.

Originally appeared in Feedback #61, Feb 01

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#968451) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 01, 2013

Post a review of VANDEN PLAS "Spirit of Live"