A GENTLEMAN'S HURRICANE

3. Assassination
4. Chaos Unleashed
5. Hell's Invitation
6. Feed My Revolver
7. Ashes to Ashes (In Land Lullaby)
8. The Hour of Need
9. Red Winter Sirens
10. Skin Crawl
11. Graveyard Hands
12. Say Goodnight
13. Pandora's Musical Box
14. Those Who Fear (Japanese Bonus Track)

DVD
1. Feed My Revolver (Video Clip)
2. Making of "A Gentleman's Hurricane"

Search MIND'S EYE A Gentleman's Hurricane lyrics

Search MIND'S EYE A Gentleman's Hurricane tabs

- Andreas Novak / vocals
- Johan Niemann / guitars, bass
- Daniel Flores / drums, keyboards, vocals

CD The End Records (2007)

Thanks to TheProgtologist for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

MIND'S EYE MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy MIND'S EYE A Gentleman's Hurricane Music

Waiting for the TideWaiting for the Tide
Lion Music Finland 2006
Into the UnknownInto the Unknown
Sensory Records 1998
Small Faces My Mind's Eye on Hits Vol.7 - V.A. mono - Yugoslav extra rare US $45.00 Buy It Now 8h 47m
MIND'S EYE:WAITING FOR THE TIDE/PROG US $11.34 Buy It Now 9h 20m
JON LUCIEN Mind's Eye 12" Vinyl LP RCA 1974 ~t US $9.31 Buy It Now 13h 2m
Mind's Eye - Shaft - Rope A Dope 7 Inch RED Vinyl Record NEW US $2.99 Buy It Now 15h 3m
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye [CD New] US $13.60 Buy It Now 15h 13m
Symphonic Masterpieces - 12 Twelve Audio Cassettes in Case by The Mind's Eye US $7.99 [0 bids]
JON LUCIEN - I AM NOW / MIND'S EYE / RASHIDA NEW CD US $26.78 Buy It Now 16h 38m
MOORE, VINNIE original CD "Mind´s eye" 1987 on Roadrunner US $27.49 Buy It Now 16h 51m
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye NEW CD Digi US $18.63 Buy It Now 17h 9m
SMALL FACES "MY MIND´S EYE" SUPER RARE 7" FIRST PRESSING HOLLAND 1966 GARAGE NM US $69.99 [0 bids]
Jon Lucien mind's eye 1974 cd Japan OBI mini lp US $39.75 Buy It Now 1 day
THOMAS DOLBY cd GATE to the MIND'S EYE soundtrack Fiorella Terenzi US $8.99 [0 bids]
The Gate to the Mind's Eye by Thomas Dolby (CD, Oct-1994, Giant (USA)) US $7.75 [0 bids]
Gentle Tasaday ?- "From The Mind's Eye Of A Blind Tasaday" CD (Salamander) US $7.99 [0 bids]
Jan Hammer Japan CD Beyond The Mind's Eye MVCM-330 US $6.00 [0 bids]
Stiltskin - The Mind's Eye - Cassette US $4.99 Buy It Now 2 days
DISCIPLE (USA) Splinter In the Mind's Eye CD US $62.99 Buy It Now 2 days
Mind's Eye - A Work of Art US $12.00 Buy It Now 2 days
THE SMALL FACES - MY MIND'S EYE / I CAN'T DANCE... UK DECCA 1966 - 60'S PSYCH US $22.57 Buy It Now 2 days
J. R. R. Tolkien THE HOBBIT & THE LORD OF THE RINGS 18 Audio Tapes MIND'S EYE US $49.95 Buy It Now 2 days
MIND'S EYE - A Work Of Art CD US $11.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VINNIE MOORE MIND'S EYE JAPAN US $39.99 Buy It Now 3 days
VINNIE MOORE-Mind's Eye/GUITAR/Tony MacAlpine/HARD ROCK US $7.29 Buy It Now 3 days
HYBRID ICE - MIND'S EYE - NEW CD / BOSTON STYLE ROCK US $34.61 [0 bids]
Mind's Eye - A Work Of Art 2002 RISING SUN swedish prog power metal US $4.00 Buy It Now 3 days
Thomas Dolby Gate to the Mind's Eye CD US $8.12 Buy It Now 3 days
Mind's Eye J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Sets TAPES VTG WOOD US $25.00 Buy It Now 3 days
UK Press/Small Faces/I Can't Dance With You/My Mind's Eye/7"/45Decca record12500 US $21.37 Buy It Now 3 days
SMALL FACES "MY MIND'S EYE" UK DECCA F.12500 1966 MATRIX T1-1C WITHDRAWN US $14.60 [0 bids]
JAN HAMMER Beyond The Mind's Eye CD Album US $18.01 Buy It Now 4 days
Stiltskin - The Mind's Eye (CD 1994) RAY WILSON GENESIS (SHIP TO USA 8$) US $3.99 [0 bids]
Vinni Moore - Mind's Eye 1986 Metal vinyl record. US $10.00 Buy It Now 4 days
Instrumental Masterpieces Twelve Audio Cassettes from The Mind's Eye US $29.18 Buy It Now 4 days
Mind's Eye - Work Of Art [CD New] US $12.91 Buy It Now 4 days
VINNIE MOORE-MIND'S EYE-JAPAN MINI LP CD 1110 F75 US $30.50 Buy It Now 4 days
Jon Lucien - Mind's Eye LP - RCA US $6.00 [1 bids]
Tears For Fears In My Mind's Eye sealed Japanese laserdisc US $24.33 [0 bids]
Vicious Rumors Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye Japan Only LP Obi Score US $9.99 [0 bids]
Jon Lucien-Mind's Eye-70s SOUL JAZZ LATIN-NEW LP US $27.99 Buy It Now 4 days
MIND'S EYE - WORK OF ART NEW CD US $24.55 Buy It Now 5 days
Stiltskin 'The Mind's Eye' RARE1994 US 11-Track CD Jewel Case EastWest 61785-2 US $9.49 [0 bids]
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye Shrapnel Records 1986 US $10.00 [0 bids]
VINNIE MOORE - MIND'S EYE SEALED LP US $22.80 Buy It Now 6 days
VINNIE MOORE - MIND'S EYE / JAPAN OBI / NM MINT- US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
JON LUCIEN Mind's Eye LP RCA Victor APL1-0493 Rare Soul Vinyl Record EXC orig US $60.00 Buy It Now 6 days
THOMAS DOLBY - GATE TO THE MIND'S EYE NEW CD US $15.67 Buy It Now 6 days
The Mind's Eye Radio Drama on Cassettes 6 Tapes San Francisco Jabberwocky US $5.50 [0 bids]
Mind's Eye - Demo 1998 Cassette US $9.97 [0 bids]
Robert Hoyt Mind's Eye CD red mud records digipak I ship WORLDWIDE US $20.67 Buy It Now 6 days
THOMAS DOLBY - THE GATE TO THE MIND'S EYE - NEW CD US $9.51 Buy It Now 7 days
Small Faces(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)My Mind's Eye / I Can't Dance With You-UK-Ex/VG US $15.99 Buy It Now 7 days
SMALL FACES my mind's eye 7" year on left hand side of label design matrix ends US $8.09 Buy It Now 7 days
Small Faces - My Mind's Eye - DECCA Records - Excellent US $11.34 [0 bids]
Thomas Dolby CD..The Gate to the Mind's Eye ..SOUNDTRACK US $5.99 Buy It Now 7 days
THOMAS DOLBY - THE GATE TO THE MIND'S EYE CD US $3.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Wolfmother - Witchcraft Tales Pyramid Dimension Mind's Eye (CD 2006) US $5.99 Buy It Now 8 days
JON LUCIEN - MIND'S EYE NEW LP SEALED US $32.35 Buy It Now 8 days
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye power neo-classical prog metal Lp US $10.26 [0 bids]
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye neo-classical metal 10 days Lp US $10.26 [0 bids]
Vinnie Moore / Mind's Eye JAPAN APCY-2008 B US $34.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Mind's Eye by Rod Stewart (CD, Jul-2000, BCI Music (Brentwood Communication)) US $7.99 Buy It Now 8 days
VINNIE MOORE-Mind's Eye Heavy Metal US LP US $19.99 Buy It Now 8 days
Stiltskin CD - Rest In Peace - from album The Mind's Eye - DJ CD US $4.99 Buy It Now 8 days
MIND'S EYE - WAITING FOR THE TIDE [BONUS TRACKS] - NEW CD US $14.30 Buy It Now 8 days
NEW - Beyond the Mind's Eye by Hammer, Jan US $39.80 Buy It Now 8 days
ANDREAS NOVAK Novacation + 1 Japan CD 2011 Mind's Eye, House of Shakira vocalist US $24.50 Buy It Now 8 days
Jon Lucien Mind's Eye Japan Mini LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 9 days
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye 1987 JAPAN 1ST CD MP32-5111 VICIOUS RUMORS UFO U.F.O. US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Jon Lucien Mind's Eye 1995 Japan Edition Sample CD SEALED! US $23.99 Buy It Now 9 days
WILL ROGERS "RADIO SHOW" CASSETTE 1983 the mind's eye US $4.50 Buy It Now 9 days
Vinnie Moore-Mind's Eye-Shrapnel 1027-NICE US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
Mind's Eye Juan Carlos 7" Rope A Dope RAD#2 Near Mint (NM or M-) US $11.77 [0 bids]
Wolfmother - Mind's Eye (2 track promo CD single) US $9.71 Buy It Now 9 days
SMALL FACES DJ 45 ON RARE RCA LABEL "My Mind's Eye / I Can't Dance with You" US $9.95 Buy It Now 9 days
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye, Shrapnel Records 1986/199? US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
The Gate to the Mind's Eye OST by Thomas Dolby CD 1994 Giant 924586-2 LNC US $8.88 Buy It Now 9 days
Vinnie Moore "Mind's Eye" LP Printed in Korea US $19.99 Buy It Now 9 days
NEW The Mind's Eye Classic Radio Drama 12 Cassette Set US $15.99 Buy It Now 9 days
(P2)* SMALL FACES My Mind's Eye T2 matrix Beautiful vinyl 1966 EX++ 7" US $29.19 Buy It Now 9 days
VINNIE MOORE(KOREA LP 12")MIND'S EYE w/INSERT '89 WHITE LABEL PROMO! roadrunner US $7.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Small Faces(7" Vinyl 1st Issue)My Mind's Eye / I Can't Dance With You-UK-Ex/VG US $16.20 Buy It Now 10 days
NORTHERN UPROAR From A Window CD 4 Tracks Inc Credibility/My Mind'S Eye/This Mo US $5.27 Buy It Now 10 days
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye neo-classical prog metal Lp US $10.56 Buy It Now 10 days
Wolfmother(CD Single Promo)Mind's Eye-Modular-Very Good US $10.53 Buy It Now 10 days
Mind's Eye by Rod Stewart (CD, Jul-2000, BCI Music (Brentwood Communication)) US $5.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Vinnie Moore - Mind's Eye ( cassette) US $6.50 Buy It Now 10 days
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye '86 LP US HAIR metal VICIOUS RUMORS UFO SILVER press US $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
VINNIE MOORE Mind's Eye '86 LP US HAIR metal VICIOUS RUMORS UFO SILVER pr NMint US $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Beyond the Mind's Eye, Hammer, Jan, Good US $7.49 Buy It Now 10 days
SMALL FACES - MY MIND'S EYE 7" VINYL US $16.20 Buy It Now 10 days
Wolfmother Mind's Eye Australian 3 Track CD Single US $12.18 Buy It Now 11 days
Wolfmother(CD Single Promo)Mind's Eye-Modular-Very Good US $11.39 Buy It Now 11 days
HYBRID ICE - MIND'S EYE - NEW CD / BOSTON STYLE ROCK US $34.61 Buy It Now 11 days
The Mind's Eye US $2.99 Buy It Now 11 days
Wolfmother - Mind's Eye 3 Track CD Single US $7.18 Buy It Now 12 days
Rare cd MIND'S EYE - Into The Unknown first edition Sensory 1998 rush US $25.99 Buy It Now 12 days
VINNIE MOORE -"MIND'S EYE" + "TIME ODDYSSEY" 2 ORIGINAL LP'S HEAVY METAL! US $19.99 Buy It Now 12 days
JAMES REYNOLDS The Mind's Eye-Creation/Civilization Rising/Love Found/Temple++CD US $18.95 Buy It Now 12 days
Mind's Eye demo ~ cassette tape ~ 8c US $10.00 Buy It Now 12 days
SMALL FACES: My Mind's Eye / I Can't Dance With You 45 (rare stock 45, faint w US $35.00 Buy It Now 12 days

More places to buy MIND'S EYE music online Buy MIND'S EYE & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for MIND'S EYE DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

MIND'S EYE A Gentleman's Hurricane ratings distribution

MIND'S EYE A Gentleman's Hurricane reviews

4 stars Prog Metal is alive and well thankyou very much. After being blown away by PATHOSRAY's debut released this past year(2007), here is another killer album from 2007. This one is a concept album created by the band's mastermind Daniel Flores(drums & keys). In an interview he said they basically made the music to fit his storyline. It is heavier than any of their previous records, but that wasn't planned, it just fit the concept better. I did feel like I was listening to a movie a lot when listening to this cd. The story is about an assassin who has just killed another victim, he then goes into a church afterwards to try to get rid of his mounting guilt before he has to leave(in 7 days) for his final assassination. So we have this dialogue between him and a retired preist he meets in this church. He has seven days to tell his newly made friend his life's story and the 12 murders he's already committed. I have to comment on the cover art. It's an amazing picture of a well dressed man walking towards a hurricane. Flores says that it depicts the chaos that the main character sees everywhere he goes. It's that turmoil he's trying to get rid of at the church. By the way a couple of Flores favourite releases from 2007 were from SYMPHONY X and THRESHOLD. Throughout this disc we also get a lot of samples of our main character talking and many other sounds much like PINK FLOYD did on "The Wall".

"Praying For Confession" is a good example of background sounds as we can hear him walking and opening a door and then pouring a drink then talking. Orchestral music comes in and then a choir before the main vocalist sings for the first time. A powerful soundscape follows. "Seven Days" is where things start to get really good. A nice heavy sound with vocals. Some great riffs too. There are mellower sections in contrast to the heavy ones. "Assassination" features catchy riffs and then it calms down quickly with processed vocals(great section). Back to the uptempo, powerful sound. The chorus is very catchy as well. "Chaos Unleashed" opens with a punishing melody that lightens when synths arrive. Vocals come in as the contrast of the heavy and lighter passages continue. Blistering guitar 3 minutes in with some really good synth work to follow. "Hell's Invitation" opens with spoken words as heavy riffs and vocals follow. A killer guitar solo before 4 minutes.

"Feed My Revolver" and the next one "Ashes To Ashes" are my two favourites.The first one offers up the heaviest sound yet. Absolutely crushing with lots of bottom end. Amazing chorus as well,and check out the synth work. "Ashes To Ashes (in land lullaby)" opens with the sounds of a baby crying before pounding drums take over with vocals right behind. I really like the sound when it settles down before we get pulverized again. The contrast continues. Ripping guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. The drums rumble like on a TOOL record. It ends with a phone conversation. "The Hour Of Need" is a restrained tune that opens with more talking before male then female vocals come in. "Red Winter Sirens" opens with another conversation as piano and reserved vocals come in. This one is all over the place until it settles in with a powerful rhythm after 3 minutes. "Skin Crawl" is a fantastic song with a great chorus. He really winds out the guitar 3 1/2 minutes in. "Graveyard Hands" is a beautiful song with a Celtic flavour at times. Lots of flute in the beginning and after 4 minutes. "Say Goodnight" opens with spoken words before a crunchy guitar led soundscape takes over. Vocals join in as well as some crazy, spacey synths. Great guitar after 3 minutes. "Pandora's Musical Box" is an uptempo track with some incredible drumming. You can hear a music box come and go. Some heaviness before 6 minutes with some nice guitar a minute later. It ends with a choir and spoken words.

If your into Metal and concept albums then this is a must ! I do prefer PATHOSRAY's cd a little more but still recommend this one highly.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#161993) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, February 17, 2008

Review by Plankowner
4 stars From the liner notes of the CD/DVD A Gentleman's Hurricane:

On a dark and foggy day in September, three shots are heard in the deep dark woods of The mother of Presidents state Virginia. Adam Evangelista, a 53 years old retired top assassin whose ice cold walls have been worn down by his now continuing growing guilt, searches for an answer to it all, like we all do at one point or another. He acknowledges that he can't continue without finding a way to ease his mind.

Seeking refuge at the town's own church and the now retired head priest Father Cavallero Di mori, coincidently visiting his old church and parish. Adam tries to get into the depths of his own disturbed but at the same time genius mind. Describing his life and assassinations for his now new made friend father Cavallero during sessions of confessions. Both men reveal deep secrets unknown to the outside world. Dark secrets they both are ashamed of, linking them to each others past.

Adam's sins and stories stretch from Sweden, Ireland, Italy, France, former USSR, Mexico and USA. Taking orders from the well known secret society The Illuminati. Adam's marks are some the most important people in our time, but there is a catch, he has only seven days to pour his heart out before his very last job and time is running out.

Twelve Murders in Seven days. So little time ... So much to tell...

The Mind's Eye are a 3 piece consisting of Johann Niemann - Bass and all guitars, Andreas Novak - Lead Vocals, and Daniel Flores - Drums, keyboards, string arrangements and all harmony vocals. The story concept and all lyrics were written by Daniel Flores. He also wrote all the compositions except Ashes to Ashes, Red Winter Sirens, Skin Crawl, Say Goodnight, and Pandora's musical box which were written together with Johan Nieman. The band produces their albums in the studio without any rehearsals or live sets.

This album doesn't waste any time pulling you into the story by the first track Praying for Confession. The mood is set with an eerie beginning and an introduction to your main characters Adam Evangelista and at the end of the track Father Cavallero Di mori. Then it goes right into Seven Days which is a rocking track which holds and conveys most of Adam's guilt. Assassination contains a great chorus and this track becomes the basis of Adam's justification for what he has become and what he must still do. Chaos Unleashed shows his job like nature, but he continues to struggle, and the piece adds tension to what is to come. In Hell's Invitation he craves salvation, but knows he's doomed. All this builds up to the track Feed My Revolver where we meet the head of the illumanati and gives Adam's his orders which he carries out. (This is the Video that is on the DVD which explains a little more of the story). Ashes to Ashes In Land Lullaby he finds that he has a daughter and now must separate his two roles of being a father and beast. The Hour of Need is a relatively short track where he meets Norma Jean. Red Winter Sirens he travels to Russia and meets with the russian man, this a relatively slow track where his fellowship has ended. Skin Crawl he witnesses that he sheds the skin like a snake and watches blind justice for the crimes he's committed. I'll stop here describing the tracks because I certainly don't want to give away the ending are Graveyard Hands, Say Goodnight, and Pandora's Musical Box.

Cast of Voices: Bobby Vellucci as Adam Evangelista. Chris Catena as father Cavallero Di mori. Andy Craven as Head of Illuminati. Mia Coldheart as Norma Jean.

Musical Guests: Mia Coldheart vocals on The Hour of Need. Tommy Denander Lead guitar on Those Who Fear Rolf Pilotti Piccolo Flue, Side flute on song 11 and backing vocals on songs 9,10,12 and 13. Doyle McGraw Warpipes on Graveyard hands. Johannes Lindstrom and David Risberg vocals on Praying for Confession.

This album is very melodic with some good compositions. Although the raw emotion and extreme technical prowess are absent, it's still a very nice story with gifted musicians. The voice tracks are well done and not overbearing, so it doesn't get old like watching the same television episode.

I recommend this album to those who love concept albums and rock operas.

Send comments to Plankowner (BETA) | Report this review (#173178) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 07, 2008

Review by Gatot
4 stars Mind's Eye was initially a progressive band where the main characteristic of the music was melodic and heavy. Some have termed them as marrying heavy metal and progressive rock, taking influences from bands like: Rush, Yes, Queensr˙che, E.L.O, Winger, Toto and Genesis. The embryo of the band started in 1992 when Johan Niemann (bass) and Daniel Flores (drums & keyboards) met Fredrik Grünberger (guitar). They first called themselves as Afterglow, recorded and made a self-produced, self-financed promotion CD named Afterglow. In 1997 they finally got a deal with a record company and recorded their first CD Into the Unknown for the American label. The album was well received in both American and German press. This "A Gentleman's Hurricane is my first introduction to the band. Based on this album I can say that the music of Mind's Eye is similar to Royal Hunt but with more energy in most of its compositions. Put it in more suitable category, the music of Mind's Eye (especially this album) is a heavy progressive AOR with song-orientated compositions characterized by catchy melody.

If you like Royal Hunt, you might love this one ...

The opening track "Praying for Confession" is a grandiose composition where the musical arrangement is quite complex and challenging with great string section plus great textures. I was so impressed with this opening track and I expected what follows would be something similar. As a matter of fact I could not rely the grandiose opening to happen in the next tracks. It's not but it does not mean the music is bad. In fact I really enjoy the second track "Seven Days" which characterizes the melodic and heavy style of the music. Yes, you might find similar riffs like Dream Theater but it's obvious that the music of Mind's Eye is nothing similar with Dream Theater. If one forces this way, it's probably very small portion of the music that fits Dream Theater music style. "Assassination" sounds like Asia performed in heavy mood. The next track "Chaos Unleashed" confirms the similarity of Mind's Eye with Royal Hunt especially during intro part.

"Hell's Invitation" is provocative title and it has excellent composition with riff-based rhythms section. The next song "Feed My Revolver" moves in similar vein with its predecessor followed by "Ashes to Ashes (In Land Lullaby)" which has a good combination between mellow and heavy parts. The guitar solo is stunning. Almost all songs share similar styles that sometimes make me a bit bored with the rhythm section. I know the as far as individual track concern, you cannot deny that the individual song stands out firmly as good to excellent track. But when it's combined into one cohesive hole I find there is limited diversities from one passage to another or one song to another. I know that the composition of each music is excellent and you might find that "Pandora's Musical Box" is an excellent example of their tight composition. The problem is there is minimum tides between high and low parts.

Overall, I would recommend this album for those who like AOR in heavier composition. The individual song is strong in melody and tight composition. It's an enjoyable album even though I feel "bored" after three-quarter part of the album due to not enough diversity as an album. Those who like Royal Hunt, Styx, Coheed and Cambria and Kansas would love this album, I believe. 3.75 stars overall rating. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#178274) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, July 27, 2008

Review by Isa
4 stars |B-| A powerful and brilliantly produced prog metal album with a great story.

Mind's Eye is a band that's been slowly rising in the ranks of prog metal acts, especially with their most recent release, A Gentleman's Hurricane. Here we have a pretty standard but quality prog metal album with an interesting storyline about an assassin, bringing Operation Mindcrime to mind, as others have mentioned. There are also some very slight power metal, AOR, and alternative rock influences mixed in, along with some classical, and even some folk in the track track Graveyard Hands, my favorite track on the album. These influences are blended quite well, making for a quite unique sounding release for the band.

Overall the album is of pretty consistent quality composition, with both some incredibly strong and slightly weaker moments. Vocal melodies are a prominent force in driving the music as well as catchy riffs, but combined with those two elements is some great keyboard work, drumming, and vocal harmonies, done by the brilliant Daniel Flores. The first half of the album is a bit stronger than the second, having the strongest tracks on the album (1-6), all of which I love. The second half has all good tracks, but the only outstanding ones are Red Winter Sirens and Graveyard Hands.

This was a strong release for this band, and I'm now more interested to see what the rest of their discography sounds like. There is a lot of great energy in this music. It's very inspired sounding, and the production quality sounds really top-notch to these ears, very impressive indeed, as is the storyline, filled with some good though slightly obvious symbolism. Astonishing music coming from three quite gifted musicians. I strongly recommend this album to prog-metal listeners especially. If you like bands of the more melodic and heavier nature, this is an album for your collection.

Send comments to Isa (BETA) | Report this review (#219188) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, May 31, 2009

3 stars It's good that the underrated Swedish band Mind's Eye found a wider audience with this release (threefold increase in ratings here on PA, nomination, according to the band's website, for several obscure fanzine awards). But I wouldn't call it their best. Part of the reason for its success lies w ... (read more)

Report this review (#1040718) | Posted by Progrussia | Saturday, September 21, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Definitelly-A GENTLEMAN'S HURRICANE is MIND'S EYE's most ambitious,complex,mature and elaborated album to date!It's a fantastic concept album in the vein of QUEENSRYCHE'S- OPERATION MINDCRIME album and has all the ingredients to become a classic album,a milestone of the genre!This pure master ... (read more)

Report this review (#275870) | Posted by Ovidiu | Thursday, April 01, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars I'll be the next person to say this: 'A Gentleman's Hurricane' is the 'Operation: Mindcrime' of the 2000's. MIND'S EYE have taken quite a different approach in this album. 1.) They wrote a story of an assassin overwhelmed by guilt who confides in a priest at a church in Virginia. 2.) They've bec ... (read more)

Report this review (#194515) | Posted by ZeroDreamPlasMaximus | Saturday, December 20, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A treat in progressive metal! I got my hands on this album after seeing it on the Top 2007 records chart. It's been ages since I really apreciated Queensr˙che(while I still hold to that Operation: Mindcrime is a modern masterpiece), but this album brings back alot of love for a genre I thought I ... (read more)

Report this review (#184273) | Posted by Lezaza | Wednesday, October 01, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars [I'll take a moment here to parrot what many others have already said about this phenomenal album.] Take the best of Symphony X, Queensr˙che and maybe a dash of Pain of Salvation, and you have my favorite album of 2007. (I discovered it in 2008.) The perfect concoction of prog, meta ... (read more)

Report this review (#175885) | Posted by senor_velasco | Wednesday, July 02, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Now this is what I call a must. It is a sin to do not have this CD. Maybe is not THE progressive album, nor THE album of the history, but it is a masterpiece that includes what everyone should like: heavy and powerful riffs, catchy choruses, brilliant lyrics, an excellent concept, and, of course, ... (read more)

Report this review (#166502) | Posted by Cronosmu | Saturday, April 12, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is one of my favorite albums from 2007. Mind's Eye does an amazing job of making their music dark, but they also have a massive amout of melody. I liked Walking on H2O, but I think this disc passes right by Walking... and puts Mind's Eye right up there with some of the Progressive Metal m ... (read more)

Report this review (#163329) | Posted by Prog_Rocks | Thursday, March 06, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I never wrote a review on an album without a thorough look on the lyrics. But this time I will make an exception, since this one has already hit the ceiling in the 5 star measure :) I didn't knew Mind's Eye before and all the reviews of this made me curious. So after a hundred (!) of spins the ... (read more)

Report this review (#162784) | Posted by Sophocles | Wednesday, February 27, 2008 | Review Permanlink

4 stars The lost son of Operation: Mindcrime by Quneesryche is a perfect collection of catchy, melodic and well-produced progressive metal. This Swedish trio has done a remarkable job with the musical production, song editing and lyrical concept. Although A Gentleman's Hurricane is no all-times classi ... (read more)

Report this review (#161828) | Posted by uribreitman | Friday, February 15, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars I first encountered Mind's eye with the WALKING ON H2O record. Although the knack for catchy tunes was inevitable and enjoyable, in my opinion it was all a bit too poppy and smooth. However, it was enough to spark my interest for the new album, so I checked out A GENTLEMAN'S HURRICANE. No dissapp ... (read more)

Report this review (#158592) | Posted by Arrakis | Monday, January 14, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars First of all, I'd like to start out by saying that this is my first encounter with Mind's Eye Clearly every member is extremely talented at their craft. The vocals can be harsh and soothing at the very same moment. The singer really displays his versatility here. Right off the get go, you immed ... (read more)

Report this review (#158459) | Posted by -Radioswim- | Sunday, January 13, 2008 | Review Permanlink

5 stars Mind's Eye's last album, Walking on H2O was my introduction to the band. At first, I was a bit disappointed, melodies didn't hook me and frankly they sounded a bit too poppy and traditional. This feeling didn't last long though and now I wonder what was going on with my head, because it quickly gr ... (read more)

Report this review (#139060) | Posted by GFoyle | Wednesday, September 19, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of MIND'S EYE "A Gentleman's Hurricane"