LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003

Yes Live at Montreux 2003 album cover

Buy YES Music
Live, released in 2007

CD1:
1. Siberian Khatru (10:12)
2. Magnification (6:53)
3. Don't Kill the Whale (4:29)
4. In the Presence of (11:05)
5. We Have Heaven (1:34)
6. South Side of the Sky (9:35)
7. And You and I (11:23)
8. To Be Over (4:21)
9. Clap (3:49)

CD2:
1. Show Me (3:45)
2. Rick Wakeman Solo Medley: Catherine of Aragon/Catherine Howard/Montreux Jig/Jane Seymour (4:43)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (11:17)
4. Long Distance Runaround (3:46)
5. The Fish (8:53)
6. Awaken (19:20)
7. I've Seen All Good People (7:10)
8. Roundabout (6:44)

2CD, Eagle Records, 2007
EDGCD358
GAS 0000358 EDG

Thanks to Keppa4v for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live at Montreux 2003 Music

Elektra 2003
Yes [CD New] US $9.41 Buy It Now 31m 28s
YES - CLOSE TO THE EDGE US $2.99 [0 bids]
31m 43s
ASIA-THEN&NOW-EXTRA RARE 1990 GERMAN LP+INNER-NM MINUS/PROG-SYMPHONIC ROCK/YES US $19.90 Buy It Now 37m 59s
YES Fragile 5.1 Advanced Resolution Surround Sound DVD Audio Nice! US $79.99 Buy It Now 49m 44s
CLOVERS - "CRAWLIN'" b/w "YES IT'S YOU" on ATLANTIC (VG+) US $50.00 Buy It Now 52m 1s
YES Guitar Tab Software Lesson CD + BACKING TRACKS + FREE BONUSES US $8.46 Buy It Now 54m 46s
JON & VANGELIS-BEST OF ..-RARE 1984 GREEK NM LP/YES/PROG-ROCK/NEW AGE/ELECTRONIC US $24.90 Buy It Now 59m 25s
45RPM THE CLOVERS - CRAWLIN' / YES IT'S YOU Atlantic 989 Near Mint US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h
YES "TOTAL MASS RETAIN" / "AMERICA" A972 ATLANTIC RECORDS VG++ US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 3m
R&B 78 Bull Moose Jackson King 4181 I Love You Yes I Do + Sneaky Pete E US $8.49 Buy It Now 1h 3m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $0.01 [0 bids]
K-Os Yes! CD US $5.05 Buy It Now 1h 11m
Big Generator, Yes, Acceptable US $2.00 Buy It Now 1h 11m
YES SOON 7" BRAZIL 1975 WITH THE ORIGINAL COMPANY SLEEVE US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES- GOING FOR THE ONE VINYL ALBUM US $5.05 Buy It Now 1h 18m
LP YES tormato US $8.45 Buy It Now 1h 21m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge CD, US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 25m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) US $1.97 Buy It Now 1h 28m
The Definitive Rock Collection by Yes (CD, Jan-2007, 2 Discs, Rhino (Label)) US $3.00 [0 bids]
mollys yes Headliners II CD US $4.49 Buy It Now 1h 37m
LUCIANO PAVAROTTI Yes Giorgio Interview PROMO ONLY sealed lp US $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
Asia (2) - Alpha/LP Geffen GHS 4008/NM+ USA/Steve Howe/Carl Palmer/Yes US $5.00 [0 bids]
Baccara Bee Bee Sugar - YES SIR I CAN BOOGIE / Fairytales Rare 12" Italo Disco US $129.99 Buy It Now 1h 41m
THE MERSEYBEATS - I LOVE YOU, YES I DO - FONTANA 7" 1P SINGLE US $0.02 [1 bids]
THE FUSION SYNDICATE - Various Artists Cd Prog Rock YES Billy Sherwood US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 43m
NOS STEPHANIE WINSLOW ......... ANYTHING BUT YES IS US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h
Yes I Am - Etheridge, Melissa (CD 1993) US $1.28 Buy It Now 2h 2m
JOHNNY ACE Saving My Love For You **YES BABY** Northern R&B Rocker 45 on ACE 118 US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 2m
TOMMY DORSEY & HIS ORCHESTRA YES INDEED JAZZ RCA VICTOR US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 3m
THE BILLS - YES PLEASE [THE BILLS] - NEW CD US $14.49 Buy It Now 2h 4m
YES Tales From Topographic Oceans 2CD MINI LP CD US $18.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
YES Close To The Edge LP 1972 Atlantic SD 7244 Gatefold Vinyl Record US $4.74 Buy It Now 2h 7m
JOHNNIE RAY - YES TONIGHT JOSEPHINE / JUST WALKIN' IN THE RAIN OLD GOLD VINYL US $11.82 Buy It Now 2h 9m
YES TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS UK 1973 1ST PRESS 2 LP SET WAX IS Near Mint US $34.95 [0 bids]
SHIRLEY BROWN - YES SIR BROTHER / WOMAN TO WOMAN..U.S TRUTH US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 11m
Teri DeSario & K.C. - Yes, I'm Ready / With Your Love 45 rpm 1979 US $2.50 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Yes Import Atlantic UK Picture Sleeve 45rpm US $12.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
YES America Total Mass Retain Turkey Turkish PS 7" PROMO COPY RECORD US $39.99 [0 bids]
Yesyears [Box] by Yes (CD, Aug-1991, 4 Discs, Atco (USA)) US $25.00 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Beyond & Before: BBC Recordings 1969-1970 by Yes (CD, Sep-2002, 2 Discs,... US $16.99 [0 bids]
Chromosomes, The - Yes Tresspassing NEW CD US $17.06 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Yes - Wonderous Stories/ Parallels - Atlantic - K10999 (7") US $5.05 Buy It Now 2h 25m
JAPAN press YES Tales From Topographic Oceans 2-LP Atlantic P5508/9A OBI+Insert US $99.88 Buy It Now 2h 25m
4 Yes LP's US $12.00 [0 bids]
Yes - Live Hemel Hempstead Pavillion 1971 DVD Rare show 10 songs US $14.35 Buy It Now 2h 29m
THE BEATLES Yes It Is Ticket To Ride Turkey Turkish EditionUnique PS 7" US $29.99 [0 bids]
YES - IN THE PRESENT: LIVE FROM LYON - NEW CD US $63.67 Buy It Now 2h 31m
Just Say Da: Volume IV of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Aug-1990, Sire) US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 35m
YES Close To The Edge 1994 GERMAN PRESSING 3 TRACK CD ALBUM REMASTERED US $10.12 Buy It Now 2h 36m
YES "Beyond and Before: BBC Recordings 1969-1970" Factory Sealed Vinyl LP US $32.99 Buy It Now 2h 38m
Yes I Am US $3.96 Buy It Now 2h 41m
Led Zeppelin King Crimson Yes more LP / Heavies for Apr US $9.90 Buy It Now 2h 43m
YES - YES (1ST) (ALBUM) NEW CD US $15.42 Buy It Now 2h 44m
Classic Yes by Yes (CD, Jun-2011, Atlantic (Label)) US $5.00 Buy It Now 2h 45m
The Washdown : Yes to Everything CD (2004) US $3.96 Buy It Now 2h 46m
YES - FRAGILE 2011 US CD * NEW * US $11.82 Buy It Now 2h 48m
KING CRIMSON New Standards Montreal Canada 1984 CD Yes LP DVD US $3.99 [0 bids]
Floetry - Say Yes - Promo 12" - NEAR MINT US $14.95 Buy It Now 2h 56m
*SOUL PROMO* ~Barbara Mason~ ::Yes, It's You:: on NATIONAL GENERAL 1971 ~HEAR~ US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES fly from here New CD ( BRAND NEW )FREE SHIPPING US $10.53 Buy It Now 2h 57m
LORD FINESSE PARTY OVER HERE REMIX / YES YOU MAY 12" OG 1992 GIANT #0-40406 US $9.99 [0 bids]
*RARE FUNK:Toussaint* ~Pointer Sisters~ Yes We Can Can on BLUE THUMB 1973 ~HEAR~ US $9.99 [0 bids]
YES-GOING FOR THE ONE 1977 ATLANTIC RECORDS GATEFOLD LP SD 19106 EXC. VG+ US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 7m
HEAR IT SOUL Jean & Joe DOT 17094 Meant For Each Other Yes Indeed US $14.99 [0 bids]
AARON GOLDBERG / ALI / AVITAL JACKSON - YES NEW CD US $23.07 Buy It Now 3h 13m
YES Yessongs (Remastered 2-CD Set, 1994) Ex/Ex/Ex (Atlantic 7567-82682-2) US $11.82 Buy It Now 3h 19m
Yes Indeed! Women Vocalists on United by Various Art... US $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 20m
YES FRAGILE UK PRESS 1ST KINNEY PRESS MiNt ArChIvE EaRliEsT #1#1 MATRIX PROG ROC US $94.66 [11 bids]
NEIL CHRISTIAN*THE CRUSADERS*OOPS*SHE SAID YES*1966*STRIKE*ORIG SLEEVE*MINT- US $25.35 Buy It Now 3h 25m
YES Steve Howe Lp Beginings 1975 Atlantic records SD 18154 US $14.99 Buy It Now 3h 26m
BOBBY WOMACK 45 I Don't Know / Yes Jesus Loves Me - NM US $7.00 Buy It Now 3h 28m
THE CHILITES- YES I'M READY VINYL 7" 45RPM US $2.11 Buy It Now 3h 29m
YES - Big Generator - Vinyl Record Album US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
YES - 90125 - Vinyl Record Album US $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 30m
Yes Album, The by Yes (CD, Aug-1994, Atlantic (Label)) US $1.99 [0 bids]
KREW BROS. " Yes We Are..." POLISH POLKA LP SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h 33m
Yes and Buggles as one. The Age of Buggles ! New York, 06/09/1980 USED CD US $45.00 [0 bids]
Rock 45 ELVIN BISHOP Yes Sir on Capricorn US $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 39m
,99 cent CDs: Fragile by Yes (CD, Aug-1994, Atlantic) US $1.39 [3 bids]
COLOSSAL YES - Loosen The Lead & Spoil The Dogs - LP + free MP3 download code US $28.90 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Yes - Golden Age - USED CD US $100.00 Buy It Now 3h 44m
DOOBIE BROTHERS-TOULOUSE STREET CASSETTE WITH RARE CASE COVER!!// BEATLES / YES US $15.04 [0 bids]
YES Lot 4 12" Vinyl LP Records 90125 Drama Fragile The Yes Album US $10.49 Buy It Now 3h 48m
DEEP PURPLE-DEEPEST PURPLE/VERY BEST CASSETTE MINT COND // ROLLING STONES/ YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
FOREIGNER-FOREIGNER 4 CASSETTE MINT COND // THE POLICE / ROLLING STONES / YES US $12.74 [0 bids]
PAUL ANKA - BEST OF CASSETTE IN MINT COND /// THE BEATLES / TOM JONES / YES US $13.54 [0 bids]
THE ESSENTIAL JIMI HENDRIX CASSETTE MINT COND // BEATLES / ERIC CLAPTON / YES US $23.04 [0 bids]
THE HOLLIES - THE HOLLIES' GREATEST HITS CASSETTE MINT COND / THE SEARCHERS/YES US $12.94 [0 bids]
Rock Pop cD Let the Truth Be Told [PA] by Laura Izibor Shine,Yes I'll be ur Baby US $0.75 [0 bids]
2 Yes 12" Singles Owner of a Lonely Heart, Leave it Originals, ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $28.00 Buy It Now 3h 53m
HIGHWAY 101 2 TWO LP VINYL S/S FACTORY SEALED 1988 (DO YOU LOVE ME) JUST SAY YES US $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 53m
THE MILLS BROTHERS OPUS ONE YES YOU ARE EXCELLENT ORIGINAL SINGLE 1954 US $5.07 Buy It Now 3h 53m
JOHN LENNON- COLLECTION CASSETTE MINT COND // ERIC CLAPTON/ STEVE WINWOOD/YES US $15.04 [0 bids]
Yes Indeed! (Mono) - Pat Boone - Dot DLP-3121 US $8.99 [0 bids]
Yes by Pet Shop Boys (CD, Apr-2009, Astralwerks) US $5.00 [0 bids]
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island ) US $5.00 [0 bids]
EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER- BEST OF CASSETTE MINT COND // MOODY BLUES / YES US $12.34 [0 bids]
YES LP-TORMATO/ATLANTIC RECORDS, 1978 SD-19202 VG+ US $4.98 Buy It Now 4h 3m
Hesitations - Is This The Way To Treat A Girl / Yes I'm Ready - GWP Soul 45 US $40.00 [0 bids]
YES IN THE PRESENT UK 2009 Tour/Concert Flyer Prog Rock Wakeman Anderson Howe GB US $1.67 Buy It Now 4h 4m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live at Montreux 2003 ratings distribution

YES Live at Montreux 2003 reviews

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars As someone who has heard an awful lot of live Yes recordings (both licit and otherwise) I'm going to hit this particular album track by track. This is from the Full Circle tour, which didn't impress me quite as much as the 35th Anniversary Tour but comes close. Are you interested in Yes live music? Forgotten Yesterdays is the essential site to explore the rich and vibrant history of Yes live. This album presents one extremely good performance. As such, it is a bit unfair to compare this to classics such as Yessongs and Yesshows (which pick and choose performances), but it is entirely fair to compare this to such as House of Yes. Anyhow, this is the best official release of a complete concert that I have heard. The sound quality is unfortunately not state of the art, which seems to be de riguer for a live Yes album, and I have some quibbles with the mix (Squire is consistantly too low and Wakeman sometimes is too low as well), but this is a good live album. It's not as good as Yessongs or Yesshows, but it is better than House of Yes and much better than The Word is Live. So 3.5 stars is where this one falls, but I will generously bump it up to 4 since it is a complete concert and an interesting one by the classic lineup near the peak of their live performances.

I'll hit this track by track.

1. Siberian Khatru -- A live Yes album that doesn't start out with the Firebird Suite? This is so wrong. The tempo seems a bit off, but lots of accuracy, some really good work by Squire (who is unfortunately a bit low in the mix) and Wakeman (not to disparage Howe's or White's contributions of course), good vocals and harmonization... Siberian Khatru is a song that they usually get right. They get it right once again. My only real complaint is that Wakey isn't helping them transition from one part to another as much as he could. Steve really gets going in the last few minutes. 2. Magnification -- From a great song to something that is a bit of a let-down. I am surprised that this was even included in the set, given the problems of keeping up with the studio tricks that keep the album version going. That is painfully noticed in the first two minutes of this, and then Yes gets into the groove and things start dropping into place. You get a very un-Steve-like short guitar solo at the end which makes a very good transition into the next song.

3. Don't Kill the Whale -- Technically deft, but a little lifeless. Compare this to any of the recordings from the Tormato tour and it will be clear that some of the excitement and energy has been sucked out of this. Nevertheless it is technically apt and a very good live version.

4. In the Presence of -- This one is a bit restrained as well. What is looking more and more like Yes's last masterpiece isn't quite given justice here.

5. We Have Heaven -- A short nostalgiac fluff piece, but an EXCITING short nostalgiac fluff piece. It's enough to make you wish that they had resulted to all of that technologic fakery much earlier in their live careers.

6. South Side of the Sky -- I never understood why they didn't play this one more often. Of course, this one is very dependent upon Rick, but he's definitely on course here. And Howe is quite alive as well, without dominating the sound, as he does all too often.

7. And You and I -- This may be the best piece that Yes ever printed on vinyl, and this is a satisfactory live rendition of it. I tend to judge this piece by how well the part starting with "Coins and crosses..." sounds, and this one is fairly harmonious. Rick's intro into the third section (as for the rest of his contributions) are exceptional, and Anderson sings these parts quite well. (Heck, nobody is a slouch in the third section.) Not the best live version I've heard, but a worthy one.

8. To Be Over -- Steve Solo. A short two word review would be "Too Mechanical." What that would mean is that this starts out WAY too mechanical but loosens up to likeable after a minute or so. It's impressive, but it starts out way too... mechanically (I was searching for another word but just couldn't find it.)

9. Clap -- Steve Solo. It sounds like he's having fun here. Of course this piece always sounds like he's having fun, but this is one of the best live renditions of it that I've heard.

10. Show Me -- Steve and Jon alone for the most part. Nothing special from Steve, but a nice if typical performance from Jon. A yawner, but a relaxing one.

11. Rick's Solo Medley -- Six Wives > Something that the track list calls Montreux Jig but which sounds familliar but warped beyond my ability to recognize > Six Wives.

Compare this to Rick's Yessongs solo and it stacks up favorably. Maybe not quite as grand but definitely more energetic.

12. Heart of the Sunrise -- Much like Siberian Khatru, this is a good performance of a song that has had a lot of good performances over the year. It's an interesting performance, though. The vagaries of live music really come through on this one, and if you like live music this is a plus.

13. Long Distance Runaround -- The intro to this one got a WOW! out of me. Rick shadowing Steve is one of the things that made Yes great (think Roundabout off of Fragile) and here they are doing it live. The mix could be better when you get down to the meat of the song, but the performance is very good. Backing vocals were awkward once or twice.

14. The Fish -- The odd thing about Alan White is that when he is playing well, you usually don't notice him. The Fish, on the other hand, is stripped down enough that some of the really interesting things that he does come to the forefront. After decades of playing this with Chirs, they both obviously have it down and are very comfortable on this piece. No Anderson vocals at the end this time and the last part is quite extended, which I found to be interesting changes.

15. Awaken -- Live albums suffer from less than perfect audio quality. And that is the ONLY problem I have with this version of Awaken. It's not innovative or explorative for the most part, but it is a VERY faithful and VERY good version of my favorite Yes epic performed live.

16. I've Seen All Good People -- Backing vocals here are better than the usual offering. Unfortunately the Lennon lyrics get lost in the mix when Jon isn't singing them. It's clear that Jon's range has shortened, but he's adjusted well. Steve's on fire once again on this one, and Wakey is shadowing him once again in classic Yes fashion in the second part, at least for short segments. The Keys to Ascension II version is better, among others.

17. Roundabout -- Steve and Rick make their magic at up to the best of their ability, but Chris is so low in the mix that it's a crime. Only a misdemeanor though, because Rick and Steve are doing so many magical things. (And let's not forget White here. This may be straightforward for the most part, but he still comes through.)

So how to rate this? Recording quality for a live album isn't up to snuff here. This sounds like it was recorded in the '70's, and there are albums that were recorded back then that sound better. The performances are generally exceptional, but there are definitely lapses here and there. The set list is a good one, if at times a bit too ambitious. This is a better, (but not better recorded,) disc than House of Yes.

This falls somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. For now, I'll give it 4 stars, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#219996) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 06, 2009

Review by TheGazzardian
2 stars This album's relevance has recently dropped due to the release of Symphonic Live this year. But for two years, this album was the only place a fan of Yes music could get an official CD release with music off of Magnification; specifically, In The Presence Of and Magnification. It also includes South Side of the Sky, which was largely ignored by Yes for years despite being an amazing track, and an excellent version of Don't Kill The Whale. Also of interest to fans of Yes, Steve Howe plays an acoustic version of To Be Over that sounds sublime, and Jon Anderson sings an otherwise unreleased track, Show Me, which is nice if not amazing. The Rick Wakeman solo on this disc is quite good, and Chris squire and Alan White do an excellent job on The Fish.

Unfortunately, everything else on this album is lacking. There are better versions of Awaken, I've Seen All Good People, Roundabout, Siberian Khatru, and And You And I elsewhere (and if you're enough of a fan for the material above to matter, you've probably heard them dozens of times arleady). So while this is actually a pretty great live album for Yes fans, those who are more interested in their classic period would be better served skipping this one.

Overall, 2 stars, but 3 for Yes fans.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#257479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Review by ProgressiveAttic
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Good but not great...

Of all the "classic Yes" lineup live albums this one is far from being the best.... The first responsible for this is the sound quality, again, it's good but not great (and the mixing could have been much much better). On the other hand we have some disappointing performances of the Magnification album (I had big expectations of Wakeman playing these songs) and some musical flaws here and there + the best sections (which are many) aren't even close to the best performances of the pieces, but are amazing nonetheless.

The highlights: Siberian Khatru (this one could never go wrong), And You And I (good performance), To Be Over (presented as a Steve Howe solo and as delightful as always), I've Seen All good People and, the reason for buying this album, the Fragile performances (they should play those more often) + the solo performances are as incredible as you may expect.

Conclusion: get it if you've already got Yessongs, Symphonic Live (outstanding, and probably best, 2000's live performance!) and Keys to Ascension (1 and 2)... Good and quite enjoyable but absolutely non-essential.

Total: 3 solid stars.

Send comments to ProgressiveAttic (BETA) | Report this review (#278215) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars He's baaaaacck!

After the keyboard-less "Magnification", on again/off again keyboardist Rick Wakeman returned to the band for, I think, the fourth time, showing once again who is king of the keys (sorry, Keith). The band was in fine form for this tour, even though Jon Anderson's voice was starting to show it's age, and a lot of the songs, especially Siberian Khatru are played a little slower than we are accustomed to.

The songs from the latest album, Magnification and In The Presence Of sound much better with Wakeman, instead of the orchestra. And a lot of the songs, most notable And You And I, have instrumental arrangements that sound quite a bit different than previous recordings.

Sure, you've heard most of these songs on many different live albums. But this is Yes. You've gotta get it.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#373847) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 06, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Montreux concerts are of considerable interest to me due to the rawness of the performances and plain concert stages - it is just the band and what they do - no frills. I wondered if Yes would suit this raw intimate stage environment. Yes, they do, I am pleased to state. I also have the DVD of this concert and I prefer indulging in that but the music is exceptional so this is a worthwhile album.

The best lineup of Yes play their greatest songs and it is a truly wonderful and remarkable achievement that they can sing and play so well at this late stage of their exceptional career. Highlights include 'Siberian Khatru', 'South Side Of The Sky', 'And You And I', 'Rick Wakeman Solo Medley: Catherine of Aragon/Catherine Howard/Montreux Jig/Jane Seymour ', 'Heart Of The Sunrise', 'Long Distance Runaround', 'Awaken', 'I've Seen All Good People' and 'Roundabout'.

All of these tracks are terrific in the live arena and having seen Yes recently I can vouch that they are able to easily capture the magic of the studio releases on every song. The concert is a wonderful captivating and memorable Montreux event. Not a masterpiece but still worth serious consideration for Yes and symphonic prog fans alike, from the masters of prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#763295) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2012

4 stars I am the first one to admit that I should really spend some more time with the Yes studio albums. This live album is therefore my first ever meeting with a song many regard as their best ever song; Awaken. So I came to this live album, a bit unprepared. That is maybe why I like it so much. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#267089) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Another year, another live album by Yes, you may start to think. But the mindset stops there. This is easily one of Yes's live albums ever, let alone since Yessongs. While it doesnt beat Yessongs, its definatly up there in the quality and musicianship. The album starts of with a great rendition ... (read more)

Report this review (#139293) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Thursday, September 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good Yes show, but not so excellent. Actually, Yes shows from 2004 were much better, with the band more rehearsed and playing better and tighter. This concert begins very uninterestingly in my opinion, with a calm rendition of Siberian Khatru, where the band doesn't seem to be enjoying playing. ... (read more)

Report this review (#138352) | Posted by Evandro Martini | Friday, September 14, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live at Montreux 2003"