LIVE AT MONTREUX 2003

Yes Live at Montreux 2003 album cover

Buy YES Music
Live, released in 2007

CD1:
1. Siberian Khatru (10:12)
2. Magnification (6:53)
3. Don't Kill the Whale (4:29)
4. In the Presence of (11:05)
5. We Have Heaven (1:34)
6. South Side of the Sky (9:35)
7. And You and I (11:23)
8. To Be Over (4:21)
9. Clap (3:49)

CD2:
1. Show Me (3:45)
2. Rick Wakeman Solo Medley: Catherine of Aragon/Catherine Howard/Montreux Jig/Jane Seymour (4:43)
3. Heart of the Sunrise (11:17)
4. Long Distance Runaround (3:46)
5. The Fish (8:53)
6. Awaken (19:20)
7. I've Seen All Good People (7:10)
8. Roundabout (6:44)

2CD, Eagle Records, 2007
EDGCD358
GAS 0000358 EDG

Thanks to Keppa4v for the addition

YES MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy YES Live at Montreux 2003 Music

Close to the EdgeClose to the Edge
Elektra / Wea 2003
9012590125
Elektra / Wea 2004
Songs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary ConcertSongs From Tsongas 35th Anniversary Concert
Eagle Rock Entertainment 2014
Going for the OneGoing for the One
Atlantic 2003
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/vg+ US $8.99 Buy It Now 32m 1s
yes 3lps yessongs sd3-100 vg+/m- w/inners w/booklet US $14.99 Buy It Now 33m 8s
Webb Pierce Yes I Know Why/Cause I Love You 45 RPM 7" Decca Records Soul US $3.85 [0 bids]
36m 52s
The Pointer Sisters Blue Thumb 45 Record #229 VG+ Jada / Yes We Can Can US $5.00 Buy It Now 37m 19s
Yes - Fly From Here-Deluxe Edition (Cd/Dvd) Genesis Asia Pink Floyd Dream Theate US $16.99 Buy It Now 42m 29s
SEALED 1982 YES GIORGIO Film Soundtrack LP PAVAROTTI US $9.99 Buy It Now 43m 12s
Yes Magnification 2001 CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $23.22 Buy It Now 45m 9s
YES - RELAYER - BRAND NEW SEALED MINI LP CD - SHIPS FROM NEW YORK US $16.98 Buy It Now 45m 12s
ABWH ~ ANDERSON BRUFORD WAKEMAN HOWE ~ YES ~ LIVE RECORDING ~ CALIFORNIA ~ 1989 US $92.00 Buy It Now 46m 50s
Yes - Fragile [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 48m 28s
PET SHOP BOYS YES CD MEGA MIX PROMO ONLY USA Astralwerks Records US $25.00 Buy It Now 50m 23s
Toltec by Jon Anderson (Vocals (Yes)) (CD, Jan-1996 Windham) US $4.50 [0 bids]
53m 52s
Morphine Yes 1995 CD Alternative Rock Music Album Brand New US $16.58 Buy It Now 54m 14s
"Heaven & Earth" YES new CD * Genesis * Rick Wakeman * Prog Rock * Pink Floyd US $5.99 [0 bids]
1h
JON ANDERSON - SONG OF SEVEN RARE CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / YES /THE BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
DEEP PURPLE-SHADES OF DEEP PURPLE CASSETTE MINT COND /// YES / ELP / BEATLES US $13.04 [0 bids]
ASIA - ASIA CASSETTE IN MINT CONDITION / EMERSON LAKE & PALMER / YES US $13.04 [0 bids]
Uh Yes Uh No by Andy Warhol CD, Nov-1996, Sooj Records SEALED US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 9m
RICK WAKEMAN Criminal Record USA PROMO LP Black & White Label Yes Related US $9.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
Yes- Owner Of A Lonely Heart/Our Song 7" 45 RPM, ATCO, 1983 US $2.99 Buy It Now 1h 14m
An Evening of Yes Music Plus * by Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe (CD,... US $15.95 Buy It Now 1h 24m
Completely Yes cd Sandra Crouch/Douglas Miller/Donald Malloy/Walter Hawkins NICE US $15.30 Buy It Now 1h 25m
NOS KLYMAXX .... I'D STILL SAY YES US $6.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
All Star Tribute To STEVE MILLER BAND - Fly Like an Eagle CD ( yes asia xtc ash) US $12.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
VINYL LP Yes - Tormato Atlantic SD 19202 STRAWBERRY SEAN DAVIS US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 28m
NOS KLYMAXX ....... I'D STILL SAY YES US $5.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Heaven & Earth [7/22] * by Yes (CD, Jul-2014, Frontiers Records (UK)) US $12.01 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Yes Yes Yes - Peter Gallway New & Sealed CD Free Shipping US $22.75 Buy It Now 1h 39m
OH YES WE CAN LOVE: HISTORY OF GLAM ROCK / VARIOUS NEW CD US $98.57 Buy It Now 1h 40m
YES 90125 us original vinyl record "owner of a lonely heart" MINT SEALED US $30.00 Buy It Now 1h 44m
JETS Yes tinight Joesphine 7" Vinyl 45 Orig Classic 80's Rockabilly Pop Ex US $2.07 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Dinah Shore - Dinah, Yes Indeed! lp ST 1247 US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 48m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD 1993 Island) Rock 'n Roll, Oldies. *LIKE NEW* US $0.99 [0 bids]
Say Yes to Your Best * by Ben Dixon (CD, Jun-2002, American Classical Jazz) US $12.98 Buy It Now 1h 55m
Pat Boone - Yes Indeed! Lp US $6.99 Buy It Now 1h 57m
1 CENT CD VA Yes We Can: Voices Of A Grass Roots Movement SEALED dave stewart US $0.01 [0 bids]
1 CENT CD Every Step's A Yes - The Bees SEALED US $0.01 [1 bids]
YES big generator ROCK new cassette tape US $5.88 Buy It Now 2h
YES Yesterdays New CD Jon Anderson Rick Wakeman Prog Rock US $5.99 Buy It Now 2h 4m
CLASSIC ROCK 2001: A ROCK ODYSSEY CD - MOSTLY AUTUMN/STRANGLERS/YES (REF E3) US $6.62 Buy It Now 2h 5m
YES - CLASSIC YES, Best of, Greatest hits, Long Distance Run Around, Roundabout US $3.50 [0 bids]
YES 90215 ATCO W/B 1983 US $7.99 Buy It Now 2h 9m
Yes I Am by Melissa Etheridge (CD, Sep-1993, Island (Label)) MINT CONDITION US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES YESSONGS Vol. 1 & Vol. 2 Triple Play (8 track) US $26.99 Buy It Now 2h 20m
Rare Teen Vocal Group 45 : The Georgettes ~ Oh Oh Yes~ Dizzy Over You ~ Jackpot US $25.00 [0 bids]
Time Steve Howe YES PROMO RARE US $29.00 Buy It Now 2h 35m
RCA 10" 78/Sammy Kaye/I Love You, Yes I Do/The Last Polka/E/+-N.O.S!!! US $6.75 Buy It Now 2h 43m
YES - GOING FOR THE ONE (HYBRID) NEW SACD US $39.81 Buy It Now 2h 44m
DAVID CROSBY - Oh Yes I Can - 1989 Magazine Advertisment Poster US $7.47 Buy It Now 2h 45m
JON E. HOLIDAY & GIRL GRP - YES I WILL LOVE YOU TOMORROW / TIL THE END TIME VG+ US $3.80 [0 bids]
YES 9012 LIVE 1985 US $0.50 [0 bids]
BELTONE R&B rocker 45 BOBBY LEWIS - Yes Oh Yes It Did + Mamie In Afternoon NICE US $4.00 [0 bids]
Just Say Yes: Sire's Winter CD Music Sampler by Various Artists (CD) The Smiths US $4.00 Buy It Now 2h 56m
Rare Chicago Blues-DUSTY BROWN "YES SHE'S GONE" 1955 PARROT 820 NM US $31.00 [2 bids]
3h
Just Say Yes: Sire's Winter CD Music Sampler by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $4.57 [0 bids]
Yes: Leave It- Used 12"- 0-96964- NM- 1983 US $0.99 [0 bids]
Yes: 9012Live: The Solos- Used LP- 7 90474-1-Y- NM- 1985 US $0.99 [0 bids]
YES Close To The Edge ATLANTIC RECORDS 1972 Piros masterING VG++ RECORD CLUB!!! US $70.99 Buy It Now 3h 3m
Just Say Yo: Vol. 2 of Just Say Yes by Various Artists (CD, Sire) US $5.48 [0 bids]
YES Leave It b/s PROMO UNPLAYED (Vocal/A-Capella) US $3.75 Buy It Now 3h 10m
MEILISSA ETHERIDGE YES I AM & ROBERT PALMER HEAVY NOVA (2 CASSETTES) READ NOTES! US $0.99 [0 bids]
LP-JON(YES)&VANGELIS(APHRODITE'S CHILD)/81,POLYDOR/RCA CLUB EDIT/EX US $0.89 [0 bids]
YES "NM WAX / 7" EP" Classic Yes P-6482 OBI LP AC3840 US $8.99 [3 bids]
YES "NM WAX" Drama P-10854 OBI LP AC3842 US $7.99 [1 bids]
YES "NM WAX" Going for the One P-10304 OBI LP AC3845 US $7.99 [1 bids]
JON ANDERSON "SONG OF SEVEN" LP 1980 yes atlantic US $6.00 Buy It Now 3h 21m
Union by Yes (2 CASSETTES) GTR SELF TITLED READ NOTES NO SLEEVES PLAY GOOD US $0.99 [0 bids]
OCTOPUS ~ 4 TRACK CD ~ JEALOUSY / EVERYDAY KISS / YOUR SMILE / THEME FROM YES US $4.56 Buy It Now 3h 25m
YES Close To the Edge ATLANTIC RECORDS 1972 PIROS MASTERING AAA matrix VG+ OOP US $39.95 Buy It Now 3h 27m
RICK WAKEMAN The Myths & Legends Of King Arthur LP w/ booklet Yes US $10.00 [0 bids]
Yes Going For The One Remastered CD Progressive Rock Music Album Brand New US $11.60 Buy It Now 3h 32m
Four (4) Yes Albums ~ Fragile, The Yes Album, Going for the One, Tormato EX/VG+ US $5.99 [1 bids]
HEAR! Teen 45 RICKY PAGE Yes I'm Lonesome Tonight on Rendezvous US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 36m
YES YES YEARS 4 CASSETTE BOX SET WITH BOOKLET US $9.00 Buy It Now 3h 38m
YES - Re- (Union) CD US $3.00 [0 bids]
Relayer (Bonus Tracks) - Yes US $9.45 Buy It Now 3h 41m
YES Relayer LP US $10.00 [0 bids]
YES Tormato LP US $10.00 [0 bids]
27 VARIOUS lp Yes Indeed SEALED US $17.99 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Celebration: Completely Yes - Near Perfect US $12.59 Buy It Now 3h 44m
Yes: HEAVEN & EARTH Limited-Edition Import 2-LP Set on Blue Vinyl Factory-Sealed US $57.00 [5 bids]
JON ANDERSON Song Of Seven ATLANTIC RECORDS 1980 Near Mint YES US $15.99 Buy It Now 3h 51m
Yes Time and a Word Expanded and Remastered CD Progressive Rock Music Album New US $11.60 Buy It Now 3h 52m
RICK WAKEMAN Six Wives Of Henry VIII QUADRAPHONIC Quad Near Mint YES! US $99.95 Buy It Now 4h
YES:GOING FOR THE ONE/AWAKEN Pt.1:(ATLANTIC 1977) EX US $21.56 Buy It Now 4h
(AE943) Langhorne Slim, Say Yes - DJ CD US $4.96 Buy It Now 4h 4m
THE SENSATIONS Yes Sir, That's My Baby / Sympathy R&B-SOUL 45 RPM RECORD US $12.00 Buy It Now 4h 6m
45 RECORD FATS DOMINO- YES MY DARLING RED WAX RARE US $360.00 Buy It Now 4h 6m
YES -- Fragile -- 1972 LP release US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 6m
YES NICE - WARM GUN NEW CD US $22.66 Buy It Now 4h 11m
MELISSA ETHERIDGE YES I AM 1993 CD ISLAND US $4.00 Buy It Now 4h 11m
YES, THE YES ALBUM, EARLY VICTOR COMPANY OF JAPAN PRESSING, NON-REMASTER, US $19.99 Buy It Now 4h 12m
Teri DeSario w/K.C., Yes, I'm Ready/With Your Love 45 US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 18m
YES - GOING FOR THE ONE, 1977 Atlantic / SD 19106, Psyche Prog US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 19m
(CD) YES - The Yes Album / Early Pressing / Made In Germany / 7567-81530-2 US $35.00 Buy It Now 4h 19m
Friends & Relatives: Deluxe Edition by Yes CD Roundabout Owner of a Lonely Heart US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 21m
CD 90125 Yes 9 Songs ATCO Records Release Date 1983 Lyrics Booklet US $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 23m
Soul 45 CHI-LITES Yes, I'm Ready (If I Don't Get To Go) on Brunswick US $5.00 Buy It Now 4h 26m
The Ultimate Yes 35th Anniversary Collection CD Rock Music Album Brand New US $23.22 Buy It Now 4h 27m
Yes Going For The One LP NM SD19106 1977 Atlantic Records US $16.95 Buy It Now 4h 29m

More places to buy YES music online Buy YES & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for YES DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

ROGER DEAN & PROGARCHIVES.com Partnership : Put a genuine Dean on your desktop

YES Live at Montreux 2003 ratings distribution

YES Live at Montreux 2003 reviews

Review by ghost_of_morphy
4 stars As someone who has heard an awful lot of live Yes recordings (both licit and otherwise) I'm going to hit this particular album track by track. This is from the Full Circle tour, which didn't impress me quite as much as the 35th Anniversary Tour but comes close. Are you interested in Yes live music? Forgotten Yesterdays is the essential site to explore the rich and vibrant history of Yes live. This album presents one extremely good performance. As such, it is a bit unfair to compare this to classics such as Yessongs and Yesshows (which pick and choose performances), but it is entirely fair to compare this to such as House of Yes. Anyhow, this is the best official release of a complete concert that I have heard. The sound quality is unfortunately not state of the art, which seems to be de riguer for a live Yes album, and I have some quibbles with the mix (Squire is consistantly too low and Wakeman sometimes is too low as well), but this is a good live album. It's not as good as Yessongs or Yesshows, but it is better than House of Yes and much better than The Word is Live. So 3.5 stars is where this one falls, but I will generously bump it up to 4 since it is a complete concert and an interesting one by the classic lineup near the peak of their live performances.

I'll hit this track by track.

1. Siberian Khatru -- A live Yes album that doesn't start out with the Firebird Suite? This is so wrong. The tempo seems a bit off, but lots of accuracy, some really good work by Squire (who is unfortunately a bit low in the mix) and Wakeman (not to disparage Howe's or White's contributions of course), good vocals and harmonization... Siberian Khatru is a song that they usually get right. They get it right once again. My only real complaint is that Wakey isn't helping them transition from one part to another as much as he could. Steve really gets going in the last few minutes. 2. Magnification -- From a great song to something that is a bit of a let-down. I am surprised that this was even included in the set, given the problems of keeping up with the studio tricks that keep the album version going. That is painfully noticed in the first two minutes of this, and then Yes gets into the groove and things start dropping into place. You get a very un-Steve-like short guitar solo at the end which makes a very good transition into the next song.

3. Don't Kill the Whale -- Technically deft, but a little lifeless. Compare this to any of the recordings from the Tormato tour and it will be clear that some of the excitement and energy has been sucked out of this. Nevertheless it is technically apt and a very good live version.

4. In the Presence of -- This one is a bit restrained as well. What is looking more and more like Yes's last masterpiece isn't quite given justice here.

5. We Have Heaven -- A short nostalgiac fluff piece, but an EXCITING short nostalgiac fluff piece. It's enough to make you wish that they had resulted to all of that technologic fakery much earlier in their live careers.

6. South Side of the Sky -- I never understood why they didn't play this one more often. Of course, this one is very dependent upon Rick, but he's definitely on course here. And Howe is quite alive as well, without dominating the sound, as he does all too often.

7. And You and I -- This may be the best piece that Yes ever printed on vinyl, and this is a satisfactory live rendition of it. I tend to judge this piece by how well the part starting with "Coins and crosses..." sounds, and this one is fairly harmonious. Rick's intro into the third section (as for the rest of his contributions) are exceptional, and Anderson sings these parts quite well. (Heck, nobody is a slouch in the third section.) Not the best live version I've heard, but a worthy one.

8. To Be Over -- Steve Solo. A short two word review would be "Too Mechanical." What that would mean is that this starts out WAY too mechanical but loosens up to likeable after a minute or so. It's impressive, but it starts out way too... mechanically (I was searching for another word but just couldn't find it.)

9. Clap -- Steve Solo. It sounds like he's having fun here. Of course this piece always sounds like he's having fun, but this is one of the best live renditions of it that I've heard.

10. Show Me -- Steve and Jon alone for the most part. Nothing special from Steve, but a nice if typical performance from Jon. A yawner, but a relaxing one.

11. Rick's Solo Medley -- Six Wives > Something that the track list calls Montreux Jig but which sounds familliar but warped beyond my ability to recognize > Six Wives.

Compare this to Rick's Yessongs solo and it stacks up favorably. Maybe not quite as grand but definitely more energetic.

12. Heart of the Sunrise -- Much like Siberian Khatru, this is a good performance of a song that has had a lot of good performances over the year. It's an interesting performance, though. The vagaries of live music really come through on this one, and if you like live music this is a plus.

13. Long Distance Runaround -- The intro to this one got a WOW! out of me. Rick shadowing Steve is one of the things that made Yes great (think Roundabout off of Fragile) and here they are doing it live. The mix could be better when you get down to the meat of the song, but the performance is very good. Backing vocals were awkward once or twice.

14. The Fish -- The odd thing about Alan White is that when he is playing well, you usually don't notice him. The Fish, on the other hand, is stripped down enough that some of the really interesting things that he does come to the forefront. After decades of playing this with Chirs, they both obviously have it down and are very comfortable on this piece. No Anderson vocals at the end this time and the last part is quite extended, which I found to be interesting changes.

15. Awaken -- Live albums suffer from less than perfect audio quality. And that is the ONLY problem I have with this version of Awaken. It's not innovative or explorative for the most part, but it is a VERY faithful and VERY good version of my favorite Yes epic performed live.

16. I've Seen All Good People -- Backing vocals here are better than the usual offering. Unfortunately the Lennon lyrics get lost in the mix when Jon isn't singing them. It's clear that Jon's range has shortened, but he's adjusted well. Steve's on fire once again on this one, and Wakey is shadowing him once again in classic Yes fashion in the second part, at least for short segments. The Keys to Ascension II version is better, among others.

17. Roundabout -- Steve and Rick make their magic at up to the best of their ability, but Chris is so low in the mix that it's a crime. Only a misdemeanor though, because Rick and Steve are doing so many magical things. (And let's not forget White here. This may be straightforward for the most part, but he still comes through.)

So how to rate this? Recording quality for a live album isn't up to snuff here. This sounds like it was recorded in the '70's, and there are albums that were recorded back then that sound better. The performances are generally exceptional, but there are definitely lapses here and there. The set list is a good one, if at times a bit too ambitious. This is a better, (but not better recorded,) disc than House of Yes.

This falls somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. For now, I'll give it 4 stars, but I reserve the right to change my mind.

Send comments to ghost_of_morphy (BETA) | Report this review (#219996) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 06, 2009

Review by TheGazzardian
2 stars This album's relevance has recently dropped due to the release of Symphonic Live this year. But for two years, this album was the only place a fan of Yes music could get an official CD release with music off of Magnification; specifically, In The Presence Of and Magnification. It also includes South Side of the Sky, which was largely ignored by Yes for years despite being an amazing track, and an excellent version of Don't Kill The Whale. Also of interest to fans of Yes, Steve Howe plays an acoustic version of To Be Over that sounds sublime, and Jon Anderson sings an otherwise unreleased track, Show Me, which is nice if not amazing. The Rick Wakeman solo on this disc is quite good, and Chris squire and Alan White do an excellent job on The Fish.

Unfortunately, everything else on this album is lacking. There are better versions of Awaken, I've Seen All Good People, Roundabout, Siberian Khatru, and And You And I elsewhere (and if you're enough of a fan for the material above to matter, you've probably heard them dozens of times arleady). So while this is actually a pretty great live album for Yes fans, those who are more interested in their classic period would be better served skipping this one.

Overall, 2 stars, but 3 for Yes fans.

Send comments to TheGazzardian (BETA) | Report this review (#257479) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Review by ProgressiveAttic
COLLABORATOR Eclectic Prog Team
3 stars Good but not great...

Of all the "classic Yes" lineup live albums this one is far from being the best.... The first responsible for this is the sound quality, again, it's good but not great (and the mixing could have been much much better). On the other hand we have some disappointing performances of the Magnification album (I had big expectations of Wakeman playing these songs) and some musical flaws here and there + the best sections (which are many) aren't even close to the best performances of the pieces, but are amazing nonetheless.

The highlights: Siberian Khatru (this one could never go wrong), And You And I (good performance), To Be Over (presented as a Steve Howe solo and as delightful as always), I've Seen All good People and, the reason for buying this album, the Fragile performances (they should play those more often) + the solo performances are as incredible as you may expect.

Conclusion: get it if you've already got Yessongs, Symphonic Live (outstanding, and probably best, 2000's live performance!) and Keys to Ascension (1 and 2)... Good and quite enjoyable but absolutely non-essential.

Total: 3 solid stars.

Send comments to ProgressiveAttic (BETA) | Report this review (#278215) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, April 16, 2010

Review by Evolver
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover & JazzRock/Fusion Teams
4 stars He's baaaaacck!

After the keyboard-less "Magnification", on again/off again keyboardist Rick Wakeman returned to the band for, I think, the fourth time, showing once again who is king of the keys (sorry, Keith). The band was in fine form for this tour, even though Jon Anderson's voice was starting to show it's age, and a lot of the songs, especially Siberian Khatru are played a little slower than we are accustomed to.

The songs from the latest album, Magnification and In The Presence Of sound much better with Wakeman, instead of the orchestra. And a lot of the songs, most notable And You And I, have instrumental arrangements that sound quite a bit different than previous recordings.

Sure, you've heard most of these songs on many different live albums. But this is Yes. You've gotta get it.

Send comments to Evolver (BETA) | Report this review (#373847) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, January 06, 2011

Review by AtomicCrimsonRush
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Symphonic Team
4 stars The Montreux concerts are of considerable interest to me due to the rawness of the performances and plain concert stages - it is just the band and what they do - no frills. I wondered if Yes would suit this raw intimate stage environment. Yes, they do, I am pleased to state. I also have the DVD of this concert and I prefer indulging in that but the music is exceptional so this is a worthwhile album.

The best lineup of Yes play their greatest songs and it is a truly wonderful and remarkable achievement that they can sing and play so well at this late stage of their exceptional career. Highlights include 'Siberian Khatru', 'South Side Of The Sky', 'And You And I', 'Rick Wakeman Solo Medley: Catherine of Aragon/Catherine Howard/Montreux Jig/Jane Seymour ', 'Heart Of The Sunrise', 'Long Distance Runaround', 'Awaken', 'I've Seen All Good People' and 'Roundabout'.

All of these tracks are terrific in the live arena and having seen Yes recently I can vouch that they are able to easily capture the magic of the studio releases on every song. The concert is a wonderful captivating and memorable Montreux event. Not a masterpiece but still worth serious consideration for Yes and symphonic prog fans alike, from the masters of prog.

Send comments to AtomicCrimsonRush (BETA) | Report this review (#763295) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, June 04, 2012

4 stars I am the first one to admit that I should really spend some more time with the Yes studio albums. This live album is therefore my first ever meeting with a song many regard as their best ever song; Awaken. So I came to this live album, a bit unprepared. That is maybe why I like it so much. Th ... (read more)

Report this review (#267089) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Friday, February 19, 2010 | Review Permanlink

4 stars Another year, another live album by Yes, you may start to think. But the mindset stops there. This is easily one of Yes's live albums ever, let alone since Yessongs. While it doesnt beat Yessongs, its definatly up there in the quality and musicianship. The album starts of with a great rendition ... (read more)

Report this review (#139293) | Posted by Tarkus31 | Thursday, September 20, 2007 | Review Permanlink

4 stars A good Yes show, but not so excellent. Actually, Yes shows from 2004 were much better, with the band more rehearsed and playing better and tighter. This concert begins very uninterestingly in my opinion, with a calm rendition of Siberian Khatru, where the band doesn't seem to be enjoying playing. ... (read more)

Report this review (#138352) | Posted by Evandro Martini | Friday, September 14, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of YES "Live at Montreux 2003"