AN A-BOMB TO WAKE UP

RIO/Avant-Prog

I Am Above On The Left An A-Bomb To Wake Up album cover

Buy I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT Music
Studio Album, released in 2006

1. The elephants will never come back (5:54)
2. To swallow a wasp (3:09)
3. The korova milk bar (vomitorium) (2:45)
4. Mr. Father (6:08)
5. Ptichee moloko versus virus (4:05)
6. Z N E D O (6.2.5.5) (5:34)
7. My kidney is in bloom (5:48)
8. Deaf in the morning (6:52)
9. Lucifer's hammer (how many distortions sleep within an a-bomb ?) (4:06)

Search I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT An A-Bomb To Wake Up lyrics

recorded: august 2006
mixed by Pavel Eremeev
mastered by Mishin Alexander
design & concept by Angeline Terekhova \ Alexey Taroutz

Thanks to prog-jester for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT An A-Bomb To Wake Up Music

More places to buy I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT music online Buy I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT An A-Bomb To Wake Up ratings distribution

I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT An A-Bomb To Wake Up reviews

Review by Prog-jester
5 stars Holy freaking sheet. Sorry, I’m still on emotions…

First of all, do never listen to this album if you care for your mental state. I’m serious now. It can cause some major disorder within your head; it can turn you into some kind of trance-possessed freak; it may blow your mind easier than any other thing which lasts lesser than 45 minutes. I won’t dare to call this music because I’ve used to call music some other sounds not these ones! I won’t dare to treat these tracks as “songs”, because they’re not! It feels like all album was improvised, but it’s played so tightly despite some loose places (including long pauses within tracks with amplifier noises) that I won’t believe it’s improvised. Or maybe then IAMABOVEONTHELEFT is a some kind of octopus-like monster, playing two guitars and rhythm-section at once. You need examples? I doubt we have them, sir. Okay, let’s say MESHUGGAH plays CRIMSON’s “The Great Deceiver” boxset. No, wait, NIRVANA jams over early Stravinsky’s stuff. Ermm…maybe, it is THE MARS VOLTA has ridden of Cedric and their sax player and plays instrumental avant-death-metal?

Now check those videos on YouTube. Then rush on RAIG web-site and purchase your copy of IAMABOVEONTHELEFT (there are few dozens left as long as I know). The band is on a hiatus – mainly due to lack of attention – so it’s in your hands if they will go on. Make the future!!!

Send comments to Prog-jester (BETA) | Report this review (#146787) | Review Permalink
Posted Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Review by snobb
4 stars Distorted scratching guitars, dark atmosphere and some angular math rock sound constructions. Shortly I can describe this second album of Russian avant-prog instrumental quartet I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT (don't try to find them in Russia under that name, it's just a translation of their original name in Russian).

Sound is noisy, almost metallic in moments, explosive,dirty and even industrial. But possibly most interesting element of all this quite uncomfortable music is it contains some dramatic, melodic,almost theatrical atmosphere. American math rock, Russian classical music and Japanese brutal noise avant mixed in one and brewed on irrational Russian land. I can perfectly see this album as excellent soundtrack to modern version of Dostoevsky's "Idiot" on theatrical scene.

One of the best noisy avant-prog album, released east from Eastern Europe,I ever heard.

Send comments to snobb (BETA) | Report this review (#350332) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 12, 2010

5 stars This is something that lies between KING CRIMSON and SLEEPYTIME GORILLA MUSEUM. It might seem to be somewhat chaotic and disordered, even annoying at first take, but it improves with each next approach. At second take this is pretty weird and fascinating music, with elements of avant-guarde, met ... (read more)

Report this review (#306390) | Posted by groon | Sunday, October 24, 2010 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This is complicated and explosive. This is innovation and progression. Entirely instrumental, this album could easily make musicians stand openmouthed, wondering just how such music is written. No matter how chaotic they seem, all the compositions are dense and carefully structured. There are no ... (read more)

Report this review (#143548) | Posted by raigor | Thursday, October 11, 2007 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of I AM ABOVE ON THE LEFT "An A-Bomb To Wake Up"