GOD BLESS

God Bless

God Bless God Bless album cover

Buy GOD BLESS Music
Studio Album, released in 1976

1. Huma Di Atas Bukit (5:05)
2. Rock Di Udara (4:52)
3. Sesat (5:35)
4. Eleanor Rigby (5:34)
5. Gadis Binal (4:08)
6. Friday On My Mind (6:40)
7. Setan Tertawa (4:21)
8. She Passed Away (6:33)

Search GOD BLESS God Bless lyrics

Search GOD BLESS God Bless tabs

- Ahmad Albar / lead vocal
- Donny Fatah / bass, vocal
- Ian Antono / lead guitar, vocal
- Teddy Sujaya / drums
- Yockie Soeryoprayogo / organ, moog, electric piano, piano

Pramaqua, initially in the cassette format and it was reissued and remastered in CD format in 2000.

Thanks to gatot for the addition

GOD BLESS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy GOD BLESS God Bless Music

(CD Album God Bless, 12 Tracks)(CD Album God Bless, 12 Tracks)
Logissgroup
Audio CD$13.99 (used)

Various Artists : God Bless the Child CD USD $4.63 Buy It Now 1h 36m
THE GO-GO'S - God Bless the Go-Go's (CD, May-2001, Beyond Records) USD $29.99 Buy It Now 1h 37m
FEARLESS LEADER GOD BLESS THE DEVIL 2005 10 TRK CD HARD ROCK PUNK HEAVY METAL USD $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 18m
With Praise - God Bless America [New CD] USD $11.65 Buy It Now 3h
Donny & Sandy Colf God Bless America CD Canandaigua NY Tampa Sounds Of Nashville USD $9.99 Buy It Now 3h 14m
With Praise - God Bless America [New CD] USD $11.73 Buy It Now 3h 15m
DOUG PHILLIPS DEEP SOUL BALLAD PROMO 45 ATCO 6771 GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN 1970 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 3h 25m
Various Artists : God Bless America: United We Stand, Vol. CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 3h 43m
GOD BLESS AMERICA CALVARY LP STAV-5038 CHRISTIAN PATRIOTS PRIGMORE SOUL SEEKERS USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 52m
Lee Greenwood - Somebody's Gonna Love You (CD) God Bless the USA, Amazing Grace USD $5.00 Buy It Now 3h 57m
Dexter Redding - God Bless 7"- K 17515 matrix A1/B1 - VG BUY 2+ for 25% OFF USD $4.21 Buy It Now 3h 57m
THE STARJETS 1979 God Bless Starjets LP Epic W/L Promo + Photo Insert Punk NM USD $22.99 Buy It Now 4h 8m
Blake Babies - God Bless the Blake Babies (CD, 2001, Zoe Records) USD $3.99 Buy It Now 4h 15m
Various Artists : God Bless The U.S.A. CD USD $3.29 Buy It Now 4h 17m
The Ballads Venture 615 My Baby Knows How To Love Her Man and God Bless Our Love USD $8.00 [0 bids]
STARJETS-god bless the starjets '79 UK LP ORIG+INS. IRISH PUNK BAND USD $38.82 Buy It Now 4h 38m
Ben Wasson God Bless Ya Brother/Footsteps Through My 45 RPM VG+ Dixie Records USD $10.00 Buy It Now 5h 51m
CASIMIR PITT calypso 45 Grenada May God Bless You Kalabashe BARBADOS press b589 USD $16.95 Buy It Now 5h 52m
...and God Bless the USA WITH flyer by Frazzling Derelicts (CD, Oct-2013, USD $4.00 [0 bids]
6h
101 Strings Orchestra : God Bless America CD USD $3.50 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Various Artists : God Bless America United We Stand! Volume 3 CD USD $4.08 Buy It Now 6h 10m
Various Artists : God Bless America CD USD $5.44 Buy It Now 6h 18m
God Bless America: An Irish Salute by Frank Patterson (CD, Feb-2000, RCA Victor) USD $7.00 Buy It Now 6h 36m
Various Artists : God Bless the U.S.A. CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 6h 45m
RARE PROMO The Rising Place CD score CONRAD POPE God Bless the Heartaches FYC USD $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 48m
BILLIE HOLIDAY TAIN'T NOBODY'S BIZ-NESS/GOD BLESS THE CHILD 45RPM VINYL USD $6.99 Buy It Now 7h 22m
GOD BLESS AMERICA DOUBLE RECORD LP WITH VARIOUS ARTISTS COLUMBIA USD $2.07 Buy It Now 7h 24m
Lady Day: The Ultimate Collection by Billie Holiday Vinyl Picture Disc God Bless USD $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 27m
God Bless the Child by Billie Holiday (CD, Nov-1994,... USD $5.00 Buy It Now 7h 29m
God Bless the American Plague CD USD $4.42 Buy It Now 7h 39m
Twas The Night Before Christmas / Happy Holiday / Let It Snow God Bless / Frosty USD $4.25 Buy It Now 7h 58m
Northern Soul The Ballads Venture 615 45rpm God Bless Our Love My Baby Knows How USD $10.79 Buy It Now 8h
Unknown Artist : God Bless America Volume 1 CD USD $4.00 Buy It Now 8h 10m
God Bless USA CD USD $10.00 Buy It Now 8h 27m
Leann Rimes : God Bless America CD USD $3.50 Buy It Now 8h 58m
Billie Holiday: Tain't nobody's / God bless the child 7" 45 record 45rpm 22v USD $14.00 Buy It Now 9h 37m
God Bless the Child / I'm Outta Here, Twain, Shania, Very Good Single USD $8.30 Buy It Now 9h 50m
JAMAICAN BLANK B.B. Seaton "God Bless Our Love" 45 Ska FRM Records Ska Reggae 74 USD $19.99 Buy It Now 9h 54m
Reader's Digest Set of Cassette Tapes God Bless America Kate Smith And Booklet USD $6.99 Buy It Now 10h 2m
LeAnn Rimes : God Bless America Put a Little Holiday CD USD $7.99 Buy It Now 10h 3m
God Bless the Blake Babies by Blake Babies (CD 2001 Zoe/Rounder) USD $7.25 Buy It Now 10h 13m
Holiday, Billie : God Bless the Child CD USD $3.19 Buy It Now 10h 35m
Beenie Man "God Bless U" and Chaka Demus "Dance Mi Gal" Fat Eyes Records USD $1.99 [1 bids]
Tiny Tim - God Bless Tiny Tim - 1968 Vinyl LP - RARE Rock Lounge Pop Novelty USA USD $14.88 Buy It Now 10h 45m
God Bless the Child: Best of Billie Holiday - Holiday,Billie CD-J USD $16.83 Buy It Now 11h 10m
Various Artists : God Bless the U.S.A. CD USD $4.32 Buy It Now 11h 32m
Lee Greenwood God Bless The USA 2001 - 911 Disaster Relief Fund Version USD $6.99 Buy It Now 13h 9m
McKendree Spring: God Bless the Conspiracy | Rare Promo 45+PS 1972 Folk Prog USD $9.99 Buy It Now 15h 24m
J.C. & SOUL ANGELS God Bless Our Love / True Love Is Hard To Find 45 Ohio Soul USD $9.99 Buy It Now 16h 41m
GO-GO's final CD album GOD BLESS the GOGOS belinda carlisle jane wiedlin band USD $12.99 Buy It Now 17h 12m
HARRY BELAFONTE Sings The Blues RCA *Orig* LOSING HAND God Bless The Child VOCAL USD $7.77 Buy It Now 17h 52m
Billie Holiday:God Bless the child:george Conedy:El Nino Del Tambor:Kent Gospel USD $32.35 Buy It Now 18h 43m
god bless TINY TIM ultra rare Asian pressing vg+ USD $37.29 Buy It Now 19h 3m
STEVE CONWAY "Good Luck, Good Health, God Bless" (E+) COLUMBIA DB-2809 [78 RPM] USD $10.29 Buy It Now 20h 41m
LeANN RIMES God Bless America CD - New USD $7.57 Buy It Now 20h 43m
Gene Martin ? God's Got A Blessing For You gospel funk soul Miracle Revival USD $70.00 [0 bids]
JAMES YOUNG GOD BLESS THE WORKING MAN 7" VINYL USD $4.53 Buy It Now 21h 4m
THE BRIGADIERS - P.S. I LOVE YOU / GOD BLESS US ALL 78rpm 10" Record HMV (7042) USD $18.99 Buy It Now 21h 5m
45 CONNIE FRANCIS AMOUNG MY SOUVENIRS/GOD BLESS AMERICA ON MGM RECORDS USD $3.99 Buy It Now 22h 3m
Jimmy Swaggart - God's Gonna' Bless His Children Eight Track Tape - 1976 USD $1.99 Buy It Now 22h 31m
God Bless America - Welk,Lawrence CD-JEWEL CASE USD $20.43 Buy It Now 22h 38m
The Red Krayola God Bless The Red Krayola And All Who Sail With USD $400.00 Buy It Now 23h 24m
ETHEL ENNIS ; GOD BLESS THE CHILD, 33 RPM STEREO LP VG++ USD $5.00 Buy It Now 23h 24m
DIANA ROSS / God Bless The Child - Good Morning.../ Motown / 45 rpm Vinyl Record USD $2.48 Buy It Now 23h 27m
Connie Francis 45 RPM God Bless America ( K12841 ) USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 29m
God Bless America: 23 Patriotic Favorites by Mormon Tabernacle Choir (CD, May-19 USD $4.99 Buy It Now 23h 42m
Pop 45 - Brucie Weil - Little Boy Blues / God Bless Us All - 1953 USD $3.00 Buy It Now 23h 50m
RARE PRIVATE PRESS SEALED LP - BIG MAMA BLUE - GOD BLESS THE CHILD - USD $19.99 Buy It Now 1 day
STAPLE SINGERS "Brand New Day / God Bless The Children" Stax 74 NM Soul USD $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Columbia Musical 2-Records GOD BLESS AMERICA LP 33rpm USD $25.99 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood CD USD $3.96 Buy It Now 1 day
The Go-Go's - God Bless The Go Gos 2001 CD Beyond Records HDCD La La Land NM USD $4.79 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood (CD-1996, Eclipse Music Group) RARE USD $6.99 Buy It Now 1 day
RARE ADVANCE PROMO God Bless The GO-GO'S CD Belinda Carlisle GREEN DAY Bangles ! USD $6.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Lowell Shyette - God Bless John Wayne [New CD] USD $17.96 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - God Bless The Usa 2003: The Best Of America Vol. 3 USD $3.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Anti-Nowhere League The Cage Vinyl LP Punk Rock Girl God Bless Alcohol Cowboys USD $17.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TINY TIM - GOD BLESS TINY TIM [DELUXE EXPANDED MONO EDITION] USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $9.47 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless America: An Irish Salute by Frank Patterson (CD, Feb-2000) VGC USD $9.99 Buy It Now 1 day
JIMMY BOYD "God Bless Us All / Marco, The Polo Pony" US 7"- Columbia 4-40049 USD $2.85 Buy It Now 1 day
Rock Promo 45 JONA LEWIE God Bless Whoever Made You on Stiff Epic (promo) USD $5.00 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless America | Songs of Pride and Patriotism Records USD $18.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Listen - FRUIT OF THE LOOP - God Bless Our House 2001 House 12" Oxyd Italy USD $1.94 [0 bids]
GOD BLESS AMERICA: THE ULTIMATE PATRIOTIC ALBUM USED - VERY GOOD CD USD $16.14 Buy It Now 1 day
MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR - GOD BLESS AMERICA: 23 PATRIOTIC FAVORITES USED - VERY USD $5.98 Buy It Now 1 day
The Go-Go's - God Bless the Go-Go's (CD, May-2001, Beyond Records) USD $2.63 Buy It Now 1 day
NOS God Bless America Songs of Pride and Patriotism Records Partially Sealed USD $10.00 Buy It Now 1 day
NEW - God Bless USA by God Bless USA USD $19.92 Buy It Now 1 day
(286H) God Bless America, Deadfisch - DJ CD USD $3.30 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless Tiny Tim LP Reprise Records RS 6292 Stereo Nice!!! USD $7.99 [1 bids]
Tale Spinners For Children God Bless Us All LP United Artists VG+ IN Shrink USD $9.95 Buy It Now 1 day
Eddie Harris God Bless The Child/My Buddy 45 RPM USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
Promo CD Single by Ill Biskits God Bless Your Life USD $4.99 [0 bids]
Various Artists : God Bless Satan CD USD $6.96 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless The Usa At His Best - Lee Greenwood (CD Used Very Good) USD $5.73 Buy It Now 1 day
The Billie Holiday Songbook German LP NM Lover Man God Bless Child Strange Fruit USD $19.95 Buy It Now 1 day
THE SIMPSONS "GOD BLESS THE CHILD" 1 TRK 1991 UNPLAYED RADIO PROMO CD SINGLE USD $2.50 Buy It Now 1 day
The Dells - I'm Going Home / God Bless The Children VG 7" Vinyl 45 USA Argo 5415 USD $7.00 Buy It Now 1 day
God Bless America [Sony] by Various Artists (CD, Oct-2001, Columbia (USA)) USD $0.49 [0 bids]
God Bless the Go-Go's * by The Go-Go's (CD, May-2001, Beyond Records) USD $0.49 [1 bids]

More places to buy GOD BLESS music online Buy GOD BLESS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

GOD BLESS God Bless ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(25%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(50%)

GOD BLESS God Bless reviews

Review by Gatot
4 stars Phew! Finally . I had a chance to add another Indonesian band. Many more to come!! This album by God Bless remarked the existence of rock music in Indonesia, in which by that time young generation praised the music of world famous rockers like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, ELP, Yes, Pink Floyd, Genesis, etc. God Bless had been the king of rock stage performance because in any rock festival their name was always there as headliner. God Bless was one of headliners during Summer 28 Festival (similar to Woodstock) held in Jakarta. After that the band played various concerts at different places, as cover band of Kansas, Queen, and Kin Ping Meh. That was okay as many other bands also played cover version. That's why, the release of this debut album was very critical in the history of Indonesian rock music. I have to admit that this album was heavily influenced by other bands like Genesis, Kansas, Jethro Tull and Gentle Giant. God Bless had changed their line-up quite frequently but the line-up which made up this debut album is I think the most solid one.

Huma Di Atas Bukit kicks the album off through stunning piano work by Yockie intertwined by Ian Antono's guitar fills in the vein of Genesis' Hackett. The intro is very melodic and catchy for most listeners, delivered through keyboard solo. Ahmad Albar deep voice enters the music elegantly and brings the music with the melody he sings excellently. This song is basically a ballad with simple structure and nice interlude demonstrating Ian Antono's guitar solo. Unfortunately, the influence of Genesis's "Selling England by the Pound" is quite strong so that there is similarity of melodies with "Firth of Fifth" interlude part. Lucky that when the first time I purchased this album I had never heard "Firth of Fifth" yet so I felt fine with it. This song was a soundtrack of local national movie "Laela Majenun". I feel like being peaceful listening to this song, really, despite the Genesis heavy influence.

Rock Di Udara means something like "rock in the air" and represents the situation in the 70s where there were dichotomy in Indonesian music scheme. I remember vividly that during the 70s there was music war between two different poles: those who praised rock'n'roll (represented by Benny Subardja of Giant Step - another Indonesian prog rock band) and those who praised local music called "dangdut" represented by H Rhoma Irama. The competition between these two poles were quite tense and reaching the edge especially with the existence of music magazine AKTUIL. Therefore, God Bless created "Rock Di Udara" which brought up peace in music. One of the lyrical verses mentioned: "Please respect the music that you do not praise." or something like that. The music of this song is very original and it has great composition and performance especially on the combined work of bass (Donny Fatah) and guitar (Ian Antono) augmented with keyboard work by Yockie. This is truly an excellent rocker that I'm sure you'd like it. You may want to observe tight basslines played by Donny Fatah - it's fantastic! Structure-wise, this song can be considered as progressive rock because of changes of style throughout the song even though it finally comes back to the original version. The keyboard solo by Yockie is also stunning. This is one of my favorite God Bless tracks.

Sesat is an easy listening rocker with excellent guitar and keyboard / organ work that accompany power vocal choirs led by Ahmad Albar, backed by Donny and Ian. Ian also performs excellent guitar solo while Donny delivers his dynamic bass lines. The song has excellent rhythm section and nice melody. Organ and keyboard play important roles as rhythm section as well as solo at the end of the song. It's quite original in terms of influences and I can say that this is THE music of God Bless.

Eleanor Rigby is a cover version of Lennon / McCartney's composition. It's quite clear that the song is prog by nature but I do not actually like the original version. The best arrangement so far for me is the one performed by Esperanto and the second one is the God Bless version. It's really excellent how God Bless rearrange the song in such a way that it's much proggier than the original version. There are many changes in tempo and melody throughout the song.

Gadis Binal is another rocker with nice rhythm section comprising guitar, keyboard and bass guitar with solid beats by drums. Even though the way Ian Antono plays his rhythm guitar is quite similar to the way Tomy Bolin played "Getting Tighter" with Deep Purple, this song is quite original from others' influences. Again, Donny demonstrates dynamic bass lines throughout the song.

Friday On My Mind is a cover of EasyBeat and the arrangement indicates strong influences of passages from Jethro Tull's "Thick As A Brick" and Genesis' "Dancing with The Moonlit Knight". Despite the issue of originality, this song is very enjoyable.

Setan Tertawa is my true favorite of God Bless tracks. It starts dynamically with dazzling drumwork by Teddy Sujaya followed with excellent guitar fills by Ian Antono backed with bass lines and drums. You might recall the similarity of the intro part with Gentle Giant's "Valedictory". Structure-wise, this song is definitely a prog rock music especially with the frequent changes in terms of styles and tempo. The song has energy, power and meaningful message to fight against evil which has influenced the life of youngsters through narcotics and gambling. There are transition pieces with complex arrangements that accompany the story and most of them happen unpredictably. Teddy Sujaya plays his best through this wonderful track. I have never felt getting bored enjoying this wonderful track.

She Passed Away closes the chapter wonderfully through a ballad with catchy melody. The song composition reminds me to "The Musical Box" by Genesis. Ahmad ALbar sings excellently throughout the song backed by Ian and Donny. It's a very enjoyable track for me personally.

Conclusion

It's not that I'm Indonesian so that I have to put all goody-goody things by this Indonesian band, but for sure this album is qualified as an excellent addition to any prog related music. Why prog related? Because I don't think this album is pure a prog album even though some tracks are. In addition to this, there has been a serious issue of originality that must be tackled wisely. The band had corrected their mistakes by remixing "Huma Di Atas Bukit", "She Passed Away" and "Setan Tertawa" in their other remaster series edition released under "The Story of God Bless". As far as play list concern, this album still one of my favorites as regular rock play list in my listening pleasure. Keep on proggin' ..!

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Post a review of GOD BLESS "God Bless"