PAST LIVES

rock music collection

Buy BLACK SABBATH Music
Live, released in 2002

Disc One

1. Tomorrow's Dream (3:03)
2. Sweet Leaf (5:26)
3. Killing Yourself to Live (5:29)
4. Cornucopia (3:57)
5. Snowblind (4:46)
6. Children of the Grave (4:33)
7. War Pigs (7:36)
8. Wicked World (18:55)
9. Paranoid (3:14)

Disc Two

1. Hand of Doom (8:25)
2. Hole in the Sky (4:46)
3. Symptom of the Universe (4:52)
4. Megalomania (9:53)
5. Iron Man (6:25)
6. Black Sabbath (8:23)
7. N.I.B. (5:31)
8. Behind the Wall of Sleep (5:03)
9. Fairies Wear Boots (6:39)

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives lyrics

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives tabs

- Ozzy Osbourne - vocals
- Tony Iommi - guitar
- Geezer Butler - bass
- Bill Ward - drums

Released on Sanctuary Records on August 20th 2002. The album was originally known as "Live at Last" when released in 1980, and included only Disc 1 of "Past Lives".
CD1: Tracks 1-9, recorded in Manchester, England on March 11th 1973 and London, England on March 16th 1973
CD2: Tracks 1, 5-9 recorded in Paris on December 20th 1970
CD2: Tracks 2-4 recorded in New Jersey on August 6th 1975

Thanks to the icon of sin for the addition
and to the icon of sin for the last updates

BLACK SABBATH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACK SABBATH Past Lives Music

ParanoidParanoid
Rhino Warner Bros. 498 1990
BLACK SABBATH LIVE...GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES DVDBLACK SABBATH LIVE...GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES DVD
Multiple Formats
Mob RulesMob Rules
Rhino 2013
Sabbath Bloody SabbathSabbath Bloody Sabbath
Warner Off Roster 1990
Cathedral "In Memorium" CD OOP rare RISE 8CD black sabbath sleep doom US $11.11 [0 bids]
48m 2s
BLACK SABBATH Cross Purposes RARE 1994 GREEK ORIGINAL 1st PRESS LP HEAVY METAL US $119.99 [0 bids]
53m 33s
BLACK SABBATH Dehumanizer RARE 1992 GREEK ORIGINAL 1st PRESS LP DIO HEAVY METAL US $29.99 [1 bids]
57m
BLACK SABBATH Tyr RARE 1990 GREEK ORIGINAL 1st PRESS LP HEAVY METAL DOOM, DIO uk US $29.99 [1 bids]
1h
BLACK SABBATH Buer Album RARE JAPANESE PRESS 2x VINYL LP LIVE RECORDING Dio Doom US $49.99 [0 bids]
Nativity in Black: Tribute to Black Sabbath CD megadeth WHITE ZOMBIE sepultura US $0.99 [5 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Amorous Circle 2x VINYL LP 1980 LIVE RECORDING @ TOKYO, JAPAN Dio US $49.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy - Vertigo 9102 570 - 1976 incl Gypsy US $7.98 [1 bids]
Black Sabbath - Attention Volume 2 - WWA 101 - 1st Uk Press A1/B1 (1974) US $7.98 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Black Haven RARE 1983 DOUBLE LP LIVE RECORDINGS 1978-1978 OZZY Dio US $39.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - NEVER SAY DIE! [602527165332] - NEW CD US $11.67 Buy It Now 1h 22m
BLACK SABBATH w/ IAN GILLAN Thanks God It's Sabbath RARE 1983 LP LIVE RECORDING US $36.00 [4 bids]
BLACK SABBATH UK 7" Single PARANOID SNOWBLIND US $8.05 Buy It Now 1h 23m
BLACK SABBATH w/ DIO Heavy Metal Holocaust RARE 1980s LP LIVE RECORDING, Doom US $29.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - TYR JAPAN CD OBI Rare US $65.00 Buy It Now 1h 30m
BLACK SABBATH Greatest Hits CD 1996 Power Sound XLNT OOP US $7.00 Buy It Now 1h 33m
BLACK SABBATH w/ DIO Bloody Sabbath RARE LP LIVE RECORDING Hartford Civic Center US $29.99 [0 bids]
DIO Monsters Of Rock Festival 1984 Nurnberg RARE LP LIVE RECORDING Black Sabbath US $29.99 [1 bids]
Lot Of 4 Hard Rock Lps Black Sabbath Banilla Fudge Mono Blue Oyster Cult US $49.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Original Masters of Reality Insert Poster 1971 and record green US $44.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - VOLUME 4 (1972) & TECHNICAL ECSTASY (1976) 2 CASSETTES no cards US $11.99 Buy It Now 1h 55m
BLACK SABBATH Dehumanizer CD Remaster 2008 Rhino Dio US $4.00 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH "We Sold Our Soul...." Vol 1 & Vol 2---- SEALED 2 CD SET US $2.99 [0 bids]
OZZY OSBOURNE BLACK SABBATH jaws STICKER official merchandise - ex-tour stock US $4.82 Buy It Now 2h 15m
** MOTORHEAD, BLACK SABBATH, PAN TANG ** DOUBLE HARD ** NM - ** A GREAT GIFT US $13.95 Buy It Now 2h 19m
Black Sabbath HEAVEN & HELL Bible Black & LIVE TRK 7 INCH VINYL Ronnie James Dio US $39.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
BLACK SABBATH. THE COLLECTION 15 TRACK C.D. SANCTUARY RECORDS. US $3.23 [0 bids]
Giuntini Project - IV (2013) CD TONY MARTIN EX BLACK SABBATH US $11.29 [6 bids]
Black Sabbath Live At Last CD - Made in Germany - Creative Sounds - Ozzy - RARE US $19.99 Buy It Now 2h 22m
Black sabbath - we sold our souls for Rock n' Roll CD / original, still sealed! US $12.99 [0 bids]
TONY IOMMI (Black Sabbath) - 1980s Magazine Poster US $7.26 Buy It Now 2h 36m
Black Sabbath 13 Deluxe EU Edition 2CD US $21.99 Buy It Now 2h 39m
DIO Hungry For Heaven 12" EP 1985 RARE BRAZIL BLACK SABBATH US $24.18 [0 bids]
DIO Diamonds The best Of LP 1992 RARE BRAZIL BLACK SABBATH US $24.18 [0 bids]
WHITE LION Big Game LP Metallica Iron Maiden AC/DC Accept Black Sabbath UK US $1.60 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH-PARANOID/THE WIZARD,1970,1st ISSUE- MINE FROM NEW, EX/CON. US $6.44 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH 13 CD GOLD DISC FREE P+P!! US $161.29 Buy It Now 2h 49m
(3) BLACK SABBATH Promo CD Singles w/Dio Time Machine, TV Crimes US $15.50 [3 bids]
KISS ~ Best of Solo Albums ~ Picture disc vinyl LP, black sabbath, bon jovi US $21.78 [11 bids]
KISS ~ Head ~ Picture disc vinyl LP, black sabbath, bon jovi US $15.41 [10 bids]
3h
IRON MAIDEN NEW YORK PALLADIUM CD Rare New Judas Priest Black Sabbath AC/DC Kiss US $39.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
black sabbath forbidden lp Rare Ozzy Dio Rainbow Vertigo Limited ed. US $21.50 [2 bids]
Black Sabbath Paranoid CD ( 6007, Made in Holland) MEGA RARE US $12.00 Buy It Now 3h 14m
KISS ~ Psycho Circus ~ NEW VERSION, picture vinyl LP, black sabbath, bon jovi US $28.49 [15 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN AND HELL - UK CASSETTE TAPE WITH PAPER LABELS US $14.50 Buy It Now 3h 22m
BLACK SABBATH CD CHILDREN OF THE GRAVE OZZY OSBORNE TONY IOMMI US $3.00 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Vol. 4 US $30.00 Buy It Now 3h 37m
BLACK SABBATH PARANOID / WIZARD vertigo 6059 010 US $10.49 Buy It Now 3h 48m
Mob Rules Black Sabbath Japan Press W/ Inserts Mint US $11.50 [7 bids]
Black Sabbath "self-titled" LP. Import. Red Vinyl. Nems 1976. Mint. US $34.99 Buy It Now 3h 54m
Black Sabbath Vol.4 BLACK SABBATH Japan Press W/ Inserts Mint US $13.50 [6 bids]
Live At Last... Black Sabbath Japan Press W/ Inserts EX+ US $6.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH: We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'n' Roll LP (2 LPs, gatefold cover, re US $35.00 Buy It Now 3h 59m
Black Sabbath Attention Vol. 1 Collectors Limited Edition Red Colored Vinyl NEW! US $39.99 Buy It Now 4h
Black Sabbath-CHICAGO 1983 2cd rare LIVE not tarantura,japan US $44.00 [1 bids]
R.J. Dio- MACHINE MESSIAH 6cd BOX rare LIVE not tarantura,japan,Black Sabbath US $42.00 [6 bids]
Black Sabbath-DEVIL & DAUGHTER 2cd rare LIVE not tarantura,japan US $44.00 [1 bids]
Black Sabbath-LONELY IS THE WORD 2cd rare LIVE not tarantura,japan US $44.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Black Mass UK Import CD Single With Blood Pack & Bat New US $48.99 Buy It Now 4h 20m
BLACK SABBATH MASTER OF REALITY CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $161.29 Buy It Now 4h 25m
BLACK SABBATH MASTER OF REALITY MULTI (GOLD) CD PLATINUM DISC FREE POSTAGE!! US $225.82 Buy It Now 4h 25m
The Complete Albums 1970-1978 [Box] by Black Sabbath (CD, 2014, 8 Discs,... US $23.00 [14 bids]
BLACK SABBATH: Gr'ndlepol U.S. LP TAKRL 1379 KORNYFONE WORLD RECORDS NEAR US $49.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Seventh Star Featuring Tony Iommi DELUXE EDITION 2 CD MINI LP US $16.99 Buy It Now 4h 47m
Black Sabbath Definitive ...Rare Live 4 CD Boston USA 1992 Lim.Japan CD US $143.57 Buy It Now 4h 49m
Black Sabbath Hyde Park...Rare Live 2 CD London UK 2014 Lim.Ed. Japan CD US $79.04 Buy It Now 4h 49m
BLACK SABBATH SELF TITLED LP 1871 US $26.98 Buy It Now 4h 50m
BLACK SABBATH PARANOID 13 PICTURE DISC LIMITED EDITION 300 COPIES! BRAND NEW! US $99.99 Buy It Now 4h 55m
BLACK SABBATH Vol. 4 (LP) (High Quality Re - 180 gram vinyl - gatefold sleeve) US $24.00 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Black Sabbath - dehumanizer original lp Ex rare US $104.85 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Paranoid CD US $4.40 [4 bids]
Black Sabbath We Sold Our Souls For Rock And Roll LP,Sealed US $198.99 Buy It Now 5h 17m
Black Sabbath - Never Say Die [CD New] US $9.95 Buy It Now 5h 22m
Black Sabbath Greatest Hits Vinyl LP Classic Heavy Rock US $4.03 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Technical Ecstasy Vinyl LP Classic Heavy Rock US $11.29 [0 bids]
MASTERS OF MISERY BLACK SABBATH: AN EARACHE TRIBUTE CD compilation US $10.00 [0 bids]
ROCK 2 LP - BLACK SABBATH - WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK N ROLL (1976) 2BS 2923 US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 33m
Rasputin Counter Revolution Demo Cassette Black Sabbath Jill Funerus Benefit US $5.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH NEVER SAY DIE JAPAN AUTHENTIC SHM MINI LP CD NEW OOP UICY-94471 US $39.99 Buy It Now 6h 16m
Black Sabbath - Paranoid on Warner Bros Records 1887 Gate Fold Cover US $64.99 Buy It Now 6h 23m
1977 BLACK SABBATH-GREATEST HITS-HOLLAND IMPORT NEMS NEL 6009 VINYL MINT- US $19.99 Buy It Now 6h 29m
BLACK SABBATH "Turn Up the Night "/ Lonely is the Word" 1981 UK 7" SAB 6 US $4.82 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Music Cassette Tape Mob Rules 1981 OOP Japan 25PT-181 US $19.16 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Stand Up And Shout - 6 CDs BOX Tarantura Limited Numbered+T-shi US $600.00 Buy It Now 6h 34m
BLACK SABBATH SEVENTH STAR ( CD ) JAPAN SEALED US $34.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH "Never Say Die "/She's Gone" 1976 UK 7" SAB 001 US $4.82 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Born Again on Warner Bros Records 1-23978 US $16.99 Buy It Now 6h 43m
Black Sabbath WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK & ROLL 180g RHINO RECORDS New Vinyl 2 LP US $26.50 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Paranoid Ozzy Osborne NM Warner Bros. gatefold IRON MAN War Pigs US $29.99 Buy It Now 6h 46m
BLACK SABBATH Gr'ndlepol TAKRL 1379-BS Kornyfone VINYL LP RARE US $14.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - 13 ??? ? ??? NEW SEALED CD 2013 ????? US $12.50 Buy It Now 7h
LOT 4 ROCKABYE BABY CD LULLABY RENDITIONS: BLUR,RUSH,BLACK SABBATH,WHITE STRIPES US $39.95 Buy It Now 7h 2m
Black Sabbath, Past Lives (Dig) Audio CD US $29.99 Buy It Now 7h 4m
Black Sabbath Paranoid Gatefold LP US $24.99 Buy It Now 7h 15m
BLACK SABBATH - TECHNICAL ECSTASY..RARE YUGO PRESSING..PGP RTB..FREE SHIPPING US $21.99 Buy It Now 7h 18m
DIO CD..Lock up the Wolves by Dio (CD, May-1990, Reprise) BLACK SABBATH US $5.99 Buy It Now 7h 20m
Ozzy Osbourne CD lot - Best of OZZ (Japan) No Rest Down To Earth - Black Sabbath US $19.99 [0 bids]
LOT OF 4....DEEP PURPLE..RAINBOW..BLACK SABBATH...TRIUMPH...VG+ or BETTER VINYL US $9.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH CASSETTE TAPE WE SOLD OUR SOULS FOR ROCK 'N' ROLL ASIAN ISSUE US $10.28 Buy It Now 7h 28m
Ozzy Osbourne Speak Of The Devil Mini LP CD JAPAN EICP-781 / Black Sabbath US $16.50 [4 bids]

More places to buy BLACK SABBATH music online Buy BLACK SABBATH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACK SABBATH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(22%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(59%)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars While I discover PA some three years and a half ago, I thought that my first prog concert took place in May '74 during the "Welcome Back My Friends" tour (ELP of course). But PA explained to me that my first prog concert was a little earlier : it was my first "Deep Purple" live experience. March 20, 1973 (at forest National).

Since this week-end I know that my first prog live experience took place an inch earlier. By a week or so, I went to see "Sabbath" as well at Forest National (Brussels). Since it is my first concert ever, I konw by now that this is it ! Finally. I had to wait for almost thirty-five years to knwo this. Shame on me...

This only to tell you that I have a special feeling with the first part of this CD since it was recorded in March 1973 (in the UK) and reflects what I had seen at the time in Brussels. My souvenirs of the concert are very vague (Alzeimher you know...) but I remember the comments of one of the most respected Belgian rock critics Piero (who organized the first "Genesis" concert away from England BTW) : "It would be the same to sit outisde and listening for an hour and a half to B-52's taking off". He was right. The Brussels concert was not good (maybe because the band was P.O. since only half of the concert hall was filled).

This first disc was already released in 1980 but against the band will. So it is nice that it officially saw the light in 2002; even if it is VERY late. I guess the hords of fans would have rushed on this in these early middle seventies. Anyway, it is a very good picture of these times. Great tracklist, very good sound. It is also the opportunity for the band that they too can jam. The version of "Wicked World" lasts for about nineteen minutes and this is maybe not really necessary.

Almost the whole of the second disc comes from the Olympia show on the 20th December, 1970. This set was already available (both audio and video) and the images are particularly interesting of course. To see those guys in their youth is quite a document. The original sequence is not respected but the sound here is much better than on the "unofficial" release. The original performance started with "Parano´d". What a start my friend ! And the complicity between Ozzy and Tony is also nice to see during "War Pigs".

Four stars for these legendary live tapes (seven out of ten would be more appropriate, I confess).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#144243) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 13, 2007

Review by Gatot
4 stars An Excellent vintage live

As I have mentioned, I always enjoy live albums because it demonstrates how great the band on stage and I especially like the live vibes created from that such records. Black Sabbath live during Ozzy era is typically good ones to enjoy although I have some disappointment as well on Ozzy behaviors to reduce the notes on high register - like those in Snowblind or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. When I look at the music, I just typically ignored my disappointment on this vocal department.

When this version came out at CD store, one thing I really liked was the cover that reminded me really to the band's past days when there were original members of the band: Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne. As a matter of taste I actually prefer Tony Martin's voice but again .. as the original members band, the Ozzy era is still the one that people remember until now.

About Black Sabbath music, I like their sounds - especially in producing power chords due to Iommi's injury at his fingers that he then preferred to play using power chords - and its powerful guitar solo. The heavy riffs that I think are peculiar to rock music are also present here. Specific to this live set, I like the tracks like "Sweet Leaf" that brings together power chords, stunning guitar solo, eerie vocals, jaw dropping drum work and tight bass lines. I observe Geezer's bass lines are tight and able to generate the sound that combines nicely with Iommi guitar. Bill Ward is also a great drummer that demonstrates his dynamic skills in drumming here. "Killing Yourself To Live" is also an interesting live track here. My childhood favorite "Snowblind" is also a great one to enjoy, especially on the heavy riffs and Ozzy's eerie vocal line.

Although I consider that this two CDs set is an excellent rock concert record, I prefer Disc two because the facts that "Hole in The Sky" - my favorite track from "Sabotage" album being played wonderfully and also the song that remark the name of the band : "Black Sabbath". Wow!!! I do enjoy these two tracks plus "Hand of Doom", "Megalomania", "Symptom of The Universe", and "Behind The Wall of Sleep". Those are great live tracks that makes me enjoying this album.

Of course, this album is not as legendary as Deep Purple "Made in Japan" or Uriah Heep "Live 73" or Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same" because it was just released recently. I am sure if this was released in the 70s, it made another great live record in the history of 70s classic rock music.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#155671) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2007

Review by Sinusoid
3 stars PAST LIVES is a post-millenium live album of Sabbath shows recorded at various times in the 70's. It seems that each of the first six Sabbath albums other than SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH (why is that?) is bountifully represented with a few live cuts. Obviously, the production is scratchier than any studio album could provide, but the band proves that they could play well and Ozzy actually sings quite well throughout the album. Unfortunately, I'm not so fond of live albums as most others are (this is me coming from the i-Generation). The only song I find superior here as opposed to a studio album is ''Hole in the Sky''. Still, this is a non-essential live album Sabbath fans should pick up; they're like Rush in the sense that the live performances mostly stick note-for-note in line with the studio version except for the we-never-needed-it-this-long ''Wicked World''.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#186831) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 24, 2008

4 stars There were three things that led me to buy another live SABBATH album. First of all because this is the earliest live material that we have from the band that is a legit recording. We get six tracks from 1970, nine from 1973 and three from 1975. The second thing was that we don't get a re-hash of all their best songs as seven of these songs are from the three albums that follow "Master Of Reality". Yes we still get half of these eighteen tracks from the first two records but at least they mix it up. Lastly the album cover is one that i've been drawn to from the first time I saw it.

The first cd is all from 1973 and was released before under the name "Live At Last" but this recording has been cleaned up and sounds much better than the original that the band and management disapproved of. There is an almost 19 minute version of "Wicked World" from their debut that may go on far too long but I like hearing this band jam. And there's even a jazzy section. Tracks 1, 5-9 of the second disc are the 1970 ones recorded live in Paris. Love the rendition of "Black Sabbath" including the intricate acoustic guitar intro. Tracks 2-4 are the later ones recorded in 1975 at Asbury Park in New Jersey in 1975. I like this section the most as we get tracks that haven't been done to death and it's quite a powerful performance as well.

A low 4 stars only because i've heard the "hits" way too many times. Well worth picking up though if your a BLACK SABBATH fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#874148) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 09, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars There are far too few recordings available that capture the mighty Sabs at the height of their powers. Maybe it was due to the poor management that bedevilled them in the Seventies but they were one of the few hard rock bands that didn't release a live album. While contemporaries such as Deep Purple, as well as acts as diverse as Humble Pie, Kiss and Peter Frampton, all made their names with the obligatory live album, Black Sabbath recorded in the studio and toured but didn't release a souvenir. When a live album did come out, it was after the classic line-up had split up and was very much a low-key affair. Of course the hardened fans loved 'Live At Last' (yep, I still have my copy), but it didn't make nearly as much impact as it should have done.

So what has that to do with the new double live CD that is currently in the player? Instead of just re-releasing the original album, Sanctuary have released a double CD containing the whole of the original album on disc 1, along with another disc containing more seminal cuts. It may have been recorded at different times, but the sound has been cleaned and overall has a good sound given when it was recorded.

While disc 1 starts off with "Tomorrow's Dream" and on the way to "Paranoid" also contains classics such as "Sweet Leaf", "Killing Yourself To Live", "War Pigs" and a 19-minute version of "Wicked World", I found that it was disc 2 that spent more time in my player. If I could just point to one track your honour, the blistering awesome track 3 that is "Symptom Of The Universe" which really does capture the power of one of the world's most awesome rock bands at the height of their powers. From the time that Tony first hits the riff to the last dying solo, this is a classic in every sense of the word. Or how about the pounding drums and that strange bent guitar chord that leads into Ozzy singing "Has he lost his mind?" ("Iron Man"). There are also versions of "Black Sabbath", "N.I.B.", "Megalomania" among others before it closes with "Fairies Wear Boots".

An album that all Sabbath fans should hunt down immediately.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978122) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

3 stars There is a bit of history around this live album. Black Sabbath, and in particular Ozzy Osbourne, hated Live At Last with passion. It was the only live album featuring Ozzy Osbourne and it does Ozzy Osbourne no favours at all. So to rectify this injustice, perceived or not, Past Lives was rele ... (read more)

Report this review (#256303) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACK SABBATH "Past Lives"