PAST LIVES

rock music collection

Buy BLACK SABBATH Music
Live, released in 2002

Disc One

1. Tomorrow's Dream (3:03)
2. Sweet Leaf (5:26)
3. Killing Yourself to Live (5:29)
4. Cornucopia (3:57)
5. Snowblind (4:46)
6. Children of the Grave (4:33)
7. War Pigs (7:36)
8. Wicked World (18:55)
9. Paranoid (3:14)

Disc Two

1. Hand of Doom (8:25)
2. Hole in the Sky (4:46)
3. Symptom of the Universe (4:52)
4. Megalomania (9:53)
5. Iron Man (6:25)
6. Black Sabbath (8:23)
7. N.I.B. (5:31)
8. Behind the Wall of Sleep (5:03)
9. Fairies Wear Boots (6:39)

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives lyrics

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives tabs

- Ozzy Osbourne - vocals
- Tony Iommi - guitar
- Geezer Butler - bass
- Bill Ward - drums

Released on Sanctuary Records on August 20th 2002. The album was originally known as "Live at Last" when released in 1980, and included only Disc 1 of "Past Lives".
CD1: Tracks 1-9, recorded in Manchester, England on March 11th 1973 and London, England on March 16th 1973
CD2: Tracks 1, 5-9 recorded in Paris on December 20th 1970
CD2: Tracks 2-4 recorded in New Jersey on August 6th 1975

Thanks to the icon of sin for the addition
and to the icon of sin for the last updates

BLACK SABBATH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACK SABBATH Past Lives Music

We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' RollWe Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll
SabotageSabotage
Born AgainBorn Again
Sanctuary UK 2011
BLACK SABBATH PARANOID WS 1887 PALM TREE LABEL GIFT CONDITION FRAMEABLE LP NM+ US $79.99 [0 bids]
31m 34s
Original Tribune Showprint Rare Black Sabbath poster 1972 US $149.00 [0 bids]
32m 34s
BLACK SABBATH: Headless Cross CD+OBI JAPAN +1 Tony Martin NEW Ships from SWEDEN US $59.99 Buy It Now 35m 35s
CD BLACK SABBATH The Eternal Idol 1987 Original Warner Bros. Brothers Tony IOMMI US $19.99 [0 bids]
36m 28s
Black Sabbath Remasters 180 gram Vinyl NEMS US $210.00 Buy It Now 39m 9s
Black Sabbath - Paranoid UK RE-ISSUE P/S PROMO RAW POWER 2000 US $40.82 [0 bids]
41m 5s
Black Sabbath - Evil Woman UK RE-ISSUE VERTIGO 1970 US $40.82 [0 bids]
42m 43s
DIO - Dream Evil Japan Press 1994 w/OBI CD Japan Black Sabbath Rainbow PHCR-4129 US $7.99 [0 bids]
55m 1s
Black Sabbath - Live At Last [CD New] US $11.65 Buy It Now 58m 4s
Ozzy Osbourne - "Live Pigs" Promo CD (ZSK-1948) RARE!!! Black Sabbath. US $45.00 Buy It Now 58m 59s
Iron Men: Black Sabbath - The Inside Story [3 Discs] DVD US $33.06 Buy It Now 1h 5m
HISTORY OF ROCK: BLACK SABBATH: DEEP PURPLE: WISHBONE ASH: MOTT THE HOOPLE: NM US $24.48 Buy It Now 1h 8m
Black Sabbath - Volume 4 NEW CD US $8.93 Buy It Now 1h 10m
BLACK SABBATH "We Sold Our Soul...." Vol 1 & Vol 2---- SEALED 2 CD SET US $2.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - The Rebel 1 SIDED DISC ZELLA 1969 US $32.66 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Am I Going Insane (Radio) UK ORIGINAL NEMS 1975 US $32.66 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath UK ORIGINAL WWA 1973 US $16.33 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Tomorrow's Dream (Split 7") ITALIAN JUKEBOX PROMO VERTIGO 1972 US $40.82 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Tomorrow's Dream ITALIAN ORIGINAL P/S VERTIGO 1972 VERY RARE US $65.32 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Tomorrow's Dream UK ORIGINAL VERTIGO 1972 US $40.82 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Paranoid USA PROMO WARNER BROS 1970 RARE US $32.66 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Split Single) ITALIAN JUKEBOX PROMO VERTIGO 1970 US $32.66 [0 bids]
Ozzy Osbourne Tribute CD, Aug-1995, Epic (USA) Black Sabbath Tony Iommi Ward US $4.00 [0 bids]
Who Cares - Ian Gillan Tony Iommi & Friends Black Sabbath SEALED EAR MUSIC 2011 US $40.82 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Best Of Guitar Signature Licks DVD - Hal Leonard - Brand New US $16.15 Buy It Now 1h 18m
BLACK SABBATH 13 CD PLATINUM DISC FREE P+P!! US $163.27 Buy It Now 1h 20m
Black Sabbath Headless Cross 1989 IRS RARE ARCHIVE MASTER Cleaned US $85.00 Buy It Now 1h 27m
Black Sabbath Live at Last NEMS UK Ozzy 1st ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $65.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Black Sabbath Live Evil Dio 1982 A+ SOUND! Near Mint ULTRASONIC CLEAN US $35.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Black Sabbath Master of Reality NEMS UK Ozzy ARCHIVE MASTER Ultrasonic Clean US $75.00 Buy It Now 1h 28m
Dio. Slade. Scorpions. Rush. Judas Priest. Black Sabbath -Masters KOREA LP Green US $13.99 Buy It Now 1h 36m
Black Sabbath Seventh Star LP Tony Iommi Glenn Hughes Eric Singer Dave Spitz US $10.99 Buy It Now 1h 44m
Black Sabbath Vol 4 New Sealed US $9.00 [0 bids]
Boyfriend Book 1972 (Black Sabbath/Deep Purple/Status Quo/Scott Walker/Christie) US $13.06 Buy It Now 1h 55m
BLACK SABBATH Mob Rules - NM/NM Vinyl LP - Warner Bros BSK 3605 US $20.99 Buy It Now 2h
12" Vinyl Record LP - Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock'n'Roll US $9.78 [0 bids]
2h
Ozzy Osbourne - Dreamer USA Promo CD 2001 Black Sabbath US $11.99 Buy It Now 2h
Queen - Jewels Japan Press 2004 w/OBI CD Deep Purple Led Zeppelin Black Sabbath US $7.99 [0 bids]
Led Zeppelin - Latter Days 1st. Press Japan 2000 w/OBI CD Black Sabbath Queen US $7.99 [0 bids]
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home 3 Tracks USA CD 1992 Black Sabbath US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Ozzy Osbourne - I Just Want You 3 Tracks UK CD in Digipak 1996 Black Sabbath US $14.99 Buy It Now 2h 3m
Led Zeppelin - Early Days 1st. Press Japan 1999 w/OBI CD Black Sabbath Queen US $7.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Vinyl LP Warner Bros. Records 1972 (70's reissue) BS-2602, Vol. US $17.00 Buy It Now 2h 12m
BLACK Sabbath - Self Titled First Release IMPORT US $20.00 Buy It Now 2h 16m
Black Sabbath-Masters of black masses/27 tr. 2 cd set in trifold digipack/MINT US $35.00 Buy It Now 2h 18m
BLACK SABBATH Paranoid (CD 1987) Original 1980s Edition Ozzy FREE SHIPPING US $9.99 Buy It Now 2h 19m
VINTAGE VINYL RECORD ALBUM HEAVY METAL SOUNDTRACK BLACK SABBATH NAZARETH US $6.49 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath OZZY OSBOURNE Dreamer PROMO RADIO DJ CD Single MINT ESK54852 USA US $34.99 Buy It Now 2h 40m
BLACK SABBATH - 2 X CONCERT FLYERS - OZZY OSBOURNE US $4.88 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH PEN & KEYCHAIN SET OZZY -NICE! US $14.95 Buy It Now 3h
JEFF THE BROTHERHOOD Hypnotic Nights 2012 SEALED CD & BLACK SABBATH Remake cover US $7.99 Buy It Now 3h
THE HISTORY OF BLACK SABBATH OZZY TO DIO US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 2m
Chameleon Music Group 1989 Picture Disc Promo LP Black Sabbath John Lee Hooker US $13.99 Buy It Now 3h 8m
BLACK SABBATH Paranoid LP CLEAR VINYL 1996 issue RARE ! Near Mint LOOKS UNPLAYED US $29.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - 1980s Double Page Magazine Poster US $7.35 Buy It Now 3h 11m
BLACK SABBATH - LIVE AT LAST NEW CD US $21.94 Buy It Now 3h 19m
*RARE* BLACK SABBATH LP CLEAR VINYL *RARE* US $39.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH HEAVEN AND HELL LP VG/EX US $15.00 Buy It Now 3h 22m
ALBUMS! OZZY OSBOURNE & BLACK SABBATH LOT OF 9 1ST EDITION ORIGINAL MADE IN AMER US $199.99 [0 bids]
COZY POWELL Theme One 7" Black Sabbath Ozzy Osbourne Deep Purple Metallica LP UK US $1.62 [2 bids]
Black Sabbath Dio Lonely... Rare Live 2 CD Offenbach Germany 1980 Lim.Ed. US $96.34 Buy It Now 3h 24m
Black Sabbath Children... Rare Live 2 CD Hartford USA 1980 Lim.Ed.Japan CD US $96.34 Buy It Now 3h 39m
BLACK SABBATH TURN UP THE NIGHT 12" PIC DISC DIO US $40.00 Buy It Now 3h 42m
VA - Masters Of Misery - A Homage To Black Sabbath (NEW 12" VINYL LP) RSD 14 US $34.27 Buy It Now 3h 43m
BLACK SABBATH - FEATURING TONY IOMMI - SEVENTH STAR-CD US $2.13 [2 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MOB RULES - REMASTERED-CD US $1.04 [2 bids]
BLACK SABBATH / SABOTAGE LP w/OBI Insert Orig JAPAN ISSUE US $59.99 Buy It Now 4h 4m
BLACK SABBATH VOL.4 VERTIGO SWIRL ORIGINAL GERMAN PRESSING VINYL LP US $27.76 [7 bids]
Black Sabbath, Vol.4, Black Sabbath, New US $5.59 Buy It Now 4h 13m
DANG - Tartarus:The Darkest Realm, 2LP Ltd 500 Etched Vinyl 2014 Black Sabbath US $26.00 Buy It Now 4h 14m
We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll by Black Sabbath (CD, Aug-1988, Warner Bros.) US $6.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Rare Greatest Hits Import Cassette Classic Songs. US $2.75 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - NEVER SAY DIE 1988 US CD * NEW * US $11.41 Buy It Now 4h 30m
BLACK SABBATH - VOLUME 4 1988 US CD * NEW * US $11.41 Buy It Now 4h 30m
Born Again by Black Sabbath (CD, Oct-2004, Sanctuary) US $6.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH HOLLYWOOD BOWLCONCERT POSTER MAGNET APPROX 5" X 4" US $5.72 Buy It Now 4h 39m
BLACK SABBATH ETERNAL MASTERS TAPE TRIBUTE 1ST PRESS RARE HTF OOP 1994 OLD US $8.00 [0 bids]
Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home + 2 x Live Tracks EU CD 2003 Black Sabbath US $9.99 Buy It Now 4h 54m
BLACK SABBATH LIVE 2013 - UK TOUR CONCERT FLYER - OZZY, TONY IOMMI, GEEZER US $1.62 [0 bids]
OZZY OSBOURNE BLIZZARD OF OZZ Crazy Train 7" RARE UK A LABEL PROMO BLACK SABBATH US $57.14 Buy It Now 4h 57m
OZZY OSBOURNE BLIZZARD OF OZZ Mr Crowley 7" RARE UK A LABEL PROMO BLACK SABBATH US $57.14 Buy It Now 4h 58m
Black Sabbath: Paranoid 1970 with Green Label US $38.50 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath -Never Say Die! (CD, Feb-1988, Warner Bros.) US $4.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath -Mob Rules (CD, Oct-2008, Rhino/Warner Bros. (Label)) US $5.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - WE SOLD OUR SOUL FOR ROCK'N'ROLL - VENEZUELA - RARE (4 pics) US $30.00 Buy It Now 5h 10m
Giuntini Project - IV (2013) CD TONY MARTIN EX BLACK SABBATH US $3.25 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Live At Last NEMS 1980 Near Mint UK IMPORT US $18.95 Buy It Now 5h 34m
DIO Diamonds (Best Of) 1992 Vertigo Germany CD 5122062 Rainbow/Elf/Black Sabbath US $8.99 Buy It Now 5h 36m
Black Sabbath CD US $6.99 [0 bids]
NATIVITY IN BLACK ``various artist, tribute to black sabbath``JAPAN NO OBI promo US $3.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath, New US $5.59 Buy It Now 5h 52m
Black Sabbath Forbidden in...Rare Live 2 CD Nagoya Japan 1995 Lim.Ed. Japan CD US $96.34 Buy It Now 5h 53m
(CD) BLACK SABBATH - Technical Ecstasy / West Germany / Vertigo 838 224-2 US $45.00 Buy It Now 6h 5m
Black Sabbath Heaven and Hell lp US $9.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Children of the Grave | Import | Brand New! US $9.99 Buy It Now 6h 7m
Cd. Ozzfest summer sampler. 2004. Black sabbath, atreyu, more! Heavy metal. New. US $9.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath "Attention" Vinyl IMPORT US $10.00 [0 bids]
Cd. Ozzfest summer sampler. 2004. Black sabbath, atreyu, more! Heavy metal. New. US $0.01 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - ACCIDENTAL OVERDOSE - 2 CD - ULTRA RARE US $69.99 Buy It Now 6h 24m
Ozzy Osbourne Under Cover NEW Black Sabbath not a promo ships Fast combined ship US $3.99 [0 bids]

More places to buy BLACK SABBATH music online Buy BLACK SABBATH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACK SABBATH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(21%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(60%)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars While I discover PA some three years and a half ago, I thought that my first prog concert took place in May '74 during the "Welcome Back My Friends" tour (ELP of course). But PA explained to me that my first prog concert was a little earlier : it was my first "Deep Purple" live experience. March 20, 1973 (at forest National).

Since this week-end I know that my first prog live experience took place an inch earlier. By a week or so, I went to see "Sabbath" as well at Forest National (Brussels). Since it is my first concert ever, I konw by now that this is it ! Finally. I had to wait for almost thirty-five years to knwo this. Shame on me...

This only to tell you that I have a special feeling with the first part of this CD since it was recorded in March 1973 (in the UK) and reflects what I had seen at the time in Brussels. My souvenirs of the concert are very vague (Alzeimher you know...) but I remember the comments of one of the most respected Belgian rock critics Piero (who organized the first "Genesis" concert away from England BTW) : "It would be the same to sit outisde and listening for an hour and a half to B-52's taking off". He was right. The Brussels concert was not good (maybe because the band was P.O. since only half of the concert hall was filled).

This first disc was already released in 1980 but against the band will. So it is nice that it officially saw the light in 2002; even if it is VERY late. I guess the hords of fans would have rushed on this in these early middle seventies. Anyway, it is a very good picture of these times. Great tracklist, very good sound. It is also the opportunity for the band that they too can jam. The version of "Wicked World" lasts for about nineteen minutes and this is maybe not really necessary.

Almost the whole of the second disc comes from the Olympia show on the 20th December, 1970. This set was already available (both audio and video) and the images are particularly interesting of course. To see those guys in their youth is quite a document. The original sequence is not respected but the sound here is much better than on the "unofficial" release. The original performance started with "Parano´d". What a start my friend ! And the complicity between Ozzy and Tony is also nice to see during "War Pigs".

Four stars for these legendary live tapes (seven out of ten would be more appropriate, I confess).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#144243) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 13, 2007

Review by Gatot
4 stars An Excellent vintage live

As I have mentioned, I always enjoy live albums because it demonstrates how great the band on stage and I especially like the live vibes created from that such records. Black Sabbath live during Ozzy era is typically good ones to enjoy although I have some disappointment as well on Ozzy behaviors to reduce the notes on high register - like those in Snowblind or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. When I look at the music, I just typically ignored my disappointment on this vocal department.

When this version came out at CD store, one thing I really liked was the cover that reminded me really to the band's past days when there were original members of the band: Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne. As a matter of taste I actually prefer Tony Martin's voice but again .. as the original members band, the Ozzy era is still the one that people remember until now.

About Black Sabbath music, I like their sounds - especially in producing power chords due to Iommi's injury at his fingers that he then preferred to play using power chords - and its powerful guitar solo. The heavy riffs that I think are peculiar to rock music are also present here. Specific to this live set, I like the tracks like "Sweet Leaf" that brings together power chords, stunning guitar solo, eerie vocals, jaw dropping drum work and tight bass lines. I observe Geezer's bass lines are tight and able to generate the sound that combines nicely with Iommi guitar. Bill Ward is also a great drummer that demonstrates his dynamic skills in drumming here. "Killing Yourself To Live" is also an interesting live track here. My childhood favorite "Snowblind" is also a great one to enjoy, especially on the heavy riffs and Ozzy's eerie vocal line.

Although I consider that this two CDs set is an excellent rock concert record, I prefer Disc two because the facts that "Hole in The Sky" - my favorite track from "Sabotage" album being played wonderfully and also the song that remark the name of the band : "Black Sabbath". Wow!!! I do enjoy these two tracks plus "Hand of Doom", "Megalomania", "Symptom of The Universe", and "Behind The Wall of Sleep". Those are great live tracks that makes me enjoying this album.

Of course, this album is not as legendary as Deep Purple "Made in Japan" or Uriah Heep "Live 73" or Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same" because it was just released recently. I am sure if this was released in the 70s, it made another great live record in the history of 70s classic rock music.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#155671) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2007

Review by Sinusoid
3 stars PAST LIVES is a post-millenium live album of Sabbath shows recorded at various times in the 70's. It seems that each of the first six Sabbath albums other than SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH (why is that?) is bountifully represented with a few live cuts. Obviously, the production is scratchier than any studio album could provide, but the band proves that they could play well and Ozzy actually sings quite well throughout the album. Unfortunately, I'm not so fond of live albums as most others are (this is me coming from the i-Generation). The only song I find superior here as opposed to a studio album is ''Hole in the Sky''. Still, this is a non-essential live album Sabbath fans should pick up; they're like Rush in the sense that the live performances mostly stick note-for-note in line with the studio version except for the we-never-needed-it-this-long ''Wicked World''.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#186831) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 24, 2008

4 stars There were three things that led me to buy another live SABBATH album. First of all because this is the earliest live material that we have from the band that is a legit recording. We get six tracks from 1970, nine from 1973 and three from 1975. The second thing was that we don't get a re-hash of all their best songs as seven of these songs are from the three albums that follow "Master Of Reality". Yes we still get half of these eighteen tracks from the first two records but at least they mix it up. Lastly the album cover is one that i've been drawn to from the first time I saw it.

The first cd is all from 1973 and was released before under the name "Live At Last" but this recording has been cleaned up and sounds much better than the original that the band and management disapproved of. There is an almost 19 minute version of "Wicked World" from their debut that may go on far too long but I like hearing this band jam. And there's even a jazzy section. Tracks 1, 5-9 of the second disc are the 1970 ones recorded live in Paris. Love the rendition of "Black Sabbath" including the intricate acoustic guitar intro. Tracks 2-4 are the later ones recorded in 1975 at Asbury Park in New Jersey in 1975. I like this section the most as we get tracks that haven't been done to death and it's quite a powerful performance as well.

A low 4 stars only because i've heard the "hits" way too many times. Well worth picking up though if your a BLACK SABBATH fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#874148) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 09, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars There are far too few recordings available that capture the mighty Sabs at the height of their powers. Maybe it was due to the poor management that bedevilled them in the Seventies but they were one of the few hard rock bands that didn't release a live album. While contemporaries such as Deep Purple, as well as acts as diverse as Humble Pie, Kiss and Peter Frampton, all made their names with the obligatory live album, Black Sabbath recorded in the studio and toured but didn't release a souvenir. When a live album did come out, it was after the classic line-up had split up and was very much a low-key affair. Of course the hardened fans loved 'Live At Last' (yep, I still have my copy), but it didn't make nearly as much impact as it should have done.

So what has that to do with the new double live CD that is currently in the player? Instead of just re-releasing the original album, Sanctuary have released a double CD containing the whole of the original album on disc 1, along with another disc containing more seminal cuts. It may have been recorded at different times, but the sound has been cleaned and overall has a good sound given when it was recorded.

While disc 1 starts off with "Tomorrow's Dream" and on the way to "Paranoid" also contains classics such as "Sweet Leaf", "Killing Yourself To Live", "War Pigs" and a 19-minute version of "Wicked World", I found that it was disc 2 that spent more time in my player. If I could just point to one track your honour, the blistering awesome track 3 that is "Symptom Of The Universe" which really does capture the power of one of the world's most awesome rock bands at the height of their powers. From the time that Tony first hits the riff to the last dying solo, this is a classic in every sense of the word. Or how about the pounding drums and that strange bent guitar chord that leads into Ozzy singing "Has he lost his mind?" ("Iron Man"). There are also versions of "Black Sabbath", "N.I.B.", "Megalomania" among others before it closes with "Fairies Wear Boots".

An album that all Sabbath fans should hunt down immediately.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978122) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

3 stars There is a bit of history around this live album. Black Sabbath, and in particular Ozzy Osbourne, hated Live At Last with passion. It was the only live album featuring Ozzy Osbourne and it does Ozzy Osbourne no favours at all. So to rectify this injustice, perceived or not, Past Lives was rele ... (read more)

Report this review (#256303) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACK SABBATH "Past Lives"