PAST LIVES

rock music collection

Buy BLACK SABBATH Music
Live, released in 2002

Disc One

1. Tomorrow's Dream (3:03)
2. Sweet Leaf (5:26)
3. Killing Yourself to Live (5:29)
4. Cornucopia (3:57)
5. Snowblind (4:46)
6. Children of the Grave (4:33)
7. War Pigs (7:36)
8. Wicked World (18:55)
9. Paranoid (3:14)

Disc Two

1. Hand of Doom (8:25)
2. Hole in the Sky (4:46)
3. Symptom of the Universe (4:52)
4. Megalomania (9:53)
5. Iron Man (6:25)
6. Black Sabbath (8:23)
7. N.I.B. (5:31)
8. Behind the Wall of Sleep (5:03)
9. Fairies Wear Boots (6:39)

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives lyrics

Search BLACK SABBATH Past Lives tabs

- Ozzy Osbourne - vocals
- Tony Iommi - guitar
- Geezer Butler - bass
- Bill Ward - drums

Released on Sanctuary Records on August 20th 2002. The album was originally known as "Live at Last" when released in 1980, and included only Disc 1 of "Past Lives".
CD1: Tracks 1-9, recorded in Manchester, England on March 11th 1973 and London, England on March 16th 1973
CD2: Tracks 1, 5-9 recorded in Paris on December 20th 1970
CD2: Tracks 2-4 recorded in New Jersey on August 6th 1975

Thanks to the icon of sin for the addition
and to the icon of sin for the last updates

BLACK SABBATH MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy BLACK SABBATH Past Lives Music

Box set
Rhino 2014
Heaven & HellHeaven & Hell
Rhino Records 2008
BLACK SABBATH LIVE...GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES DVDBLACK SABBATH LIVE...GATHERED IN THEIR MASSES DVD
Multiple Formats
Universal Republic 2013
DVD$8.72
Sabbath Bloody SabbathSabbath Bloody Sabbath
SabotageSabotage
Warner Bros / Wea 1990
Black Sabbath Paranoid & Live At Last (paper label) Irish Imports US $14.99 Buy It Now 33m 37s
Black Sabbath Sabotage, Live At Last & Greatest Hits Holland Imports US $18.99 Buy It Now 33m 37s
Black Sabbath MASTER OF REALITY 3rd Album 180g NEW SEALED Rhino Vinyl LP US $15.99 [1 bids]
40m 33s
Top 40 Rock Classics Black Sabbath Rainbow Survivor + Cassette Tape - TESTED US $8.53 Buy It Now 43m 22s
BLACK SABBATH seventh star CD 9 track. no strip (phcr2055) japanese vertigo 1986 US $27.78 Buy It Now 45m 34s
Paranoid by Black Sabbath (CD, Oct-1990, Warner Bros.) CD & PAPER SLEEVE ONLY US $2.49 Buy It Now 45m 57s
BLACK SABBATH: Volume 4 (Metal Warner Bros BS-2602 Vinyl LP) US $4.94 [1 bids]
46m 14s
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath-2009 Remastered - Black Sabbath (2009, CD New) US $9.99 [0 bids]
BOB CHRISTIAN EP Paranoid BLACK SABBATH Latin HEAVY Rock 1971 SOUTHAMERICA 7" US $19.99 Buy It Now 1h 13m
BLACK SABBATH heaven & Hell 1980 CONCERT TOUR PROGRAMME! US $34.13 Buy It Now 1h 19m
BLACK SABBATH - SIGNED FRAMED GOLD VINYL RECORD CD & PHOTO DISPLAY OZZY OSBOURNE US $32.41 Buy It Now 1h 28m
OSBOURNE ozzy THE OZZMAN COMETH paranoid BLACK SABBATH 15 tracks new tape US $6.88 Buy It Now 1h 31m
MASTERS OF METAL "BLACK SABBATH" IRON MAIDEN MUSIC METAL & HARD ROCK EX! US $3.69 Buy It Now 1h 45m
BLADDER CONTROL 7 EP Anderson Zonic Shockum Black Sabbath Superstar Billy Graham US $2.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath The Ozzy Osbourne Years 3 CD set US $10.00 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - SELF TITLED S/T - JAPAN SHM JEWEL CASE CD - SEALED - UICY-20038 US $50.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MASTER OF REALITY - 2 CD DELUXE EDITION - FACTORY SEALED US $29.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MASTER OF REALITY - JAPAN SHM - UICY-20106 - 4988005639080 US $50.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Vol.4 JAPAN JEWEL CASE SHM CD - NEW OUT OF PRINT RARE UICY-20107 US $59.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN AND HELL - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM - UIGY-9088 - OOP CD US $91.79 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MOB RULES - JAPAN SHM JEWEL CASE CD -FACTORY SEALED Out of Print US $50.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - COMPLETE JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM SET - 6 CDS - ALL OUT OF PRINT US $560.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - PARANOID - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM - OUT OF PRINT UIGY-9034 - CD US $119.79 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MASTER OF REALITY - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM - OUT OF PRINT CD US $147.25 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - SELF TITLED S/T Black Sabbath [Deluxe Edition] - 2 CDs - NEW US $32.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN AND HELL - JAPAN SHM JEWEL CASE CD - FACTORY SEALED - OOP US $50.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - LIVE EVIL - DELUXE EDITION - NEW 2 CD US $27.43 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath - SELF TITLED S/T - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM -OOP CD US $121.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - 13 - Japan Jewel Case - SHM - Brand new with OZZY on Vocals US $34.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Black Sabbath, Vol. 4 - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM - OUT OF PRINT CD US $101.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - JAPAN MINI LP SACD SHM -OUT OF PRINT CD US $111.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MOB RULES - DELUXE EXPANDED EDITION - 2 CD - NEW [602527350707] US $27.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - BORN AGAIN - JAPAN JEWEL CASE SHM - OUT OF PRINT - NEW US $49.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath 1871 - VERY RARE - 12" - Record LP, 1970 33 RPM (EX) Rock US $19.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - Never Say Die - 8 Track Tape With Original Outer Slipcase - OZZY US $12.50 [3 bids]
BLACK SABBATH "Paranoid" (Good/Good) metal ozzy WS 1887 (1971 2nd edition) US $3.99 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH BLACK SABBATH VINYL RECORD US $12.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath CD US $7.99 [0 bids]
Paranoid [LP] by Black Sabbath (Vinyl, Rhino Records USA) US $19.99 [0 bids]
Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard Of Ozz Cassette Black Sabbath Dio Metallica Slayer US $3.00 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - MOB RULES NEW CD US $23.19 Buy It Now 2h 37m
BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid Rare 4tracks 12" EP - UK 1982 - CLEAR VINYL US $25.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath- Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll; Warner Bros 1976 2BS 1-2923 VG+ US $15.95 [0 bids]
RITUAL HEAVY METAL SKULL COVER LP BLACK SABBATH CINDERELLA DIO DEEP PURPLE KISS US $19.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell; Warner Bros 1980 BSK 3372 VG+ Record and cover US $14.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Paranoid/Iron Man 12" Ep!!!! US $10.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath-Born Again-LP Verigo Made in Holland US $4.99 [1 bids]
Black Sabbath, Greatest Hits - Original LP Vinyl Record from England, 33 RPM US $19.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Creature PATCH Official Heavy Metal NEW US $7.49 Buy It Now 3h 53m
BLACK SABBATH live evil 2 LP Record RARE 1982 VG US $27.50 Buy It Now 3h 57m
KISS BLACK SABBATH DEEP PURPLE EXITOS ROCK LENTO NM LP US $16.46 Buy It Now 3h 59m
DIO "Holy Diver" CD, 1990 Warner Bros Compact Disc (Elf/Black Sabbath/Rainbow) US $4.99 Buy It Now 4h
GERMAN 1987 ANTHRAX 12" vinyl 6 track ep I'M THE MAN Thrash SLAYER Black Sabbath US $7.99 [0 bids]
4h
Lot of 3 rock and roll cassettes- Black Sabbath and Quiet Riot US $6.00 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH BORN AGAIN 1983 JAPAN CD OBI 2200yen PHCR 1ST PRESS US $69.99 Buy It Now 4h 5m
BLACK SABBATH - Master Of Reality original 1st issue US 8-TR tape Ampex US $4.00 [1 bids]
DIO "The Last in Line" CD, 1990 Warner Bros (Black Sabbath/Heaven US $4.95 Buy It Now 4h 28m
BLACK SABBATH - COMPLETE ALBUMS BOX 1970-1978 NEW CD US $81.57 Buy It Now 4h 28m
ROCKABYE BABY - BLACK SABBATH LULLABY RENDITIONS NEW CD US $24.72 Buy It Now 4h 29m
Black Sabbath, Vol. 4 by Black Sabbath (CD, Apr-1988, Warner Bros.) US $0.01 [0 bids]
Rare! Ozzy Osbourne - Live Pigs Promo 1988. Black Sabbath. US $14.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH - LIVE EVIL NEW CD US $25.33 Buy It Now 4h 54m
Black Sabbath - Born Again LP Ian Gillian US $10.00 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH vol 4 great 8 track EXCELLENT ozzy US $5.95 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH Live At Last - CASSETTE IRELAND Print - ozzy no dio deep RARE US $4.95 [0 bids]
OZZY OSBOURNE-Bark At The Moon/BLACK SABBATH/Earth/TAPE US $5.99 Buy It Now 5h 11m
BLACK SABBATH SABOTAGE (1975) JAPAN CD TECW-20147 REMASTERED US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
BLACK SABBATH THE ETERNAL IDOL (1987) JAPAN CD PHCR-4117 US $22.99 Buy It Now 5h 21m
Black Sabbath-Iron Man b/w Electric Funeral 45 stoner metal hard rock 7530 US $4.99 [0 bids]
Dehumanizer by Black Sabbath (Cassette, Jun-1992, Reprise) US $3.99 [1 bids]
black sabbath - never say die US $9.99 [0 bids]
pit magazine new, black sabbath+dio,rare 2nd to last issue 2007 US $10.00 [0 bids]
ZIOR "self titled" NM/NM ltd repress Akarma RARE/OOP Black Sabbath Occult Metal US $30.00 [0 bids]
TONY IOMMI-ALBUM-BLACK SABBATH-CD-ADVANCE PROMO ONLY-DAVE GROHL-RARE-MUST SEE! US $11.03 Buy It Now 5h 35m
BLACK SABBATH**13 (DLX ED) (GATEFOLD/W 2 CD/DVD/13 PHOTOS)**VINYL + 2 CD + DVD US $99.00 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath Master of Reality LP NEMS 6004 SEALED Mint Vinyl 180 gram US $19.99 [0 bids]
BLACK SABBATH w/ OZZY ~ LIVE AT LAST ~ CASSETTE TAPE US $9.99 [0 bids]
1977 METAL ~ BLACK SABBATH ~ GREATEST HITS ~ HOLLAND IMPORT NM ~Hieronymus Bosch US $19.99 [0 bids]
1981 METAL ~ BLACK SABBATH / Ronnie Dio ~ MOB RULES / DIE YOUNG ~ UK IMPORT 12" US $14.99 [0 bids]
Black Sabbath - God Is Dead?, PROMO CD-R, 1 track US $14.95 [0 bids]
DIO Magica CD 2005 Noble Price Eagle Rock Records Germany Import Black Sabbath US $17.99 Buy It Now 6h 28m
The Eternal Idol by Black Sabbath (Cassette, Sep-1986, Warner Bros.) US $1.99 [0 bids]
Mob Rules by Black Sabbath (Cassette, Oct-1990, Warner Bros.) Columbia House US $3.99 [0 bids]
DIO 'Holy Diver' 9 song cd 1983 Black Sabbath Rainbow US $1.95 [1 bids]
BLACK SABBATH NATIVITY IN ADVANCE PROMO ADVANCE CASSETTE White Zombie Megadeth US $12.97 Buy It Now 6h 47m
Nativity in Black: Tribute to Black Sabbath by Various Artists (CD, Oct-1994,... US $15.00 Buy It Now 6h 54m
BLACK SABBATH Live At Last UK Import LP Tone Mastered NEMS A1/B1 Recorded 1973 US $6.99 [0 bids]
DIO-SACRED HEART LP PROMO BLACK SABBATH RITCHIE BLACKMORE'S RAINBOW ELF US $7.99 Buy It Now 7h 16m
BLACK SABBATH MASTER OF REALITY NEMS RECORD ALBUM IMPORT OZZY TONY US $24.99 Buy It Now 8h 3m
BLACK SABBATH Master Of Reality Vertigo Swirl UK Original With Poster NEAR MINT! US $774.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
PANDEMONIUM: HOLE IN THE SKY CD METALLICA BLACK SABBATH SAXON JUDAS PRIEST METAL US $17.99 Buy It Now 8h 12m
BLACK SABBATH"HEAVEN AND HELL" RUSSIA LP MINT US $20.00 Buy It Now 8h 13m
OZZY OSBOURNE 35"X25" MOSAIC TILE WALL POSTER BLACK SABBATH US $19.61 Buy It Now 8h 14m
Ozzy Osbourne Live & Loud EU Vinyl Double LP Set with 2 Stickers Black Sabbath US $219.99 Buy It Now 9h 44m
BLACK SABBATH - 13, ORG 2013 JAPAN SHM-CD + OBI, NEW - SEALED! US $35.99 Buy It Now 9h 49m
Ozzy Osbourne No Rest for +1 Japan Vinyl LP with OBI Black Sabbath Zack Wylde US $89.99 Buy It Now 9h 50m
Rockabye Baby! - Lullaby Renditions Of Black Sabbath CD US $20.85 Buy It Now 10h 12m
Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (NEW CD) US $11.07 Buy It Now 10h 56m
BLACK SABBATH (Iommi/Powell/Martin) - 1980s Magazine Poster US $7.68 Buy It Now 11h 12m

More places to buy BLACK SABBATH music online Buy BLACK SABBATH & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for BLACK SABBATH DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives ratings distribution

Essential: a masterpiece of rock music(20%)
Excellent addition to any rock music collection(61%)

BLACK SABBATH Past Lives reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars While I discover PA some three years and a half ago, I thought that my first prog concert took place in May '74 during the "Welcome Back My Friends" tour (ELP of course). But PA explained to me that my first prog concert was a little earlier : it was my first "Deep Purple" live experience. March 20, 1973 (at forest National).

Since this week-end I know that my first prog live experience took place an inch earlier. By a week or so, I went to see "Sabbath" as well at Forest National (Brussels). Since it is my first concert ever, I konw by now that this is it ! Finally. I had to wait for almost thirty-five years to knwo this. Shame on me...

This only to tell you that I have a special feeling with the first part of this CD since it was recorded in March 1973 (in the UK) and reflects what I had seen at the time in Brussels. My souvenirs of the concert are very vague (Alzeimher you know...) but I remember the comments of one of the most respected Belgian rock critics Piero (who organized the first "Genesis" concert away from England BTW) : "It would be the same to sit outisde and listening for an hour and a half to B-52's taking off". He was right. The Brussels concert was not good (maybe because the band was P.O. since only half of the concert hall was filled).

This first disc was already released in 1980 but against the band will. So it is nice that it officially saw the light in 2002; even if it is VERY late. I guess the hords of fans would have rushed on this in these early middle seventies. Anyway, it is a very good picture of these times. Great tracklist, very good sound. It is also the opportunity for the band that they too can jam. The version of "Wicked World" lasts for about nineteen minutes and this is maybe not really necessary.

Almost the whole of the second disc comes from the Olympia show on the 20th December, 1970. This set was already available (both audio and video) and the images are particularly interesting of course. To see those guys in their youth is quite a document. The original sequence is not respected but the sound here is much better than on the "unofficial" release. The original performance started with "Paranoïd". What a start my friend ! And the complicity between Ozzy and Tony is also nice to see during "War Pigs".

Four stars for these legendary live tapes (seven out of ten would be more appropriate, I confess).

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#144243) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, October 13, 2007

Review by Gatot
4 stars An Excellent vintage live

As I have mentioned, I always enjoy live albums because it demonstrates how great the band on stage and I especially like the live vibes created from that such records. Black Sabbath live during Ozzy era is typically good ones to enjoy although I have some disappointment as well on Ozzy behaviors to reduce the notes on high register - like those in Snowblind or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. When I look at the music, I just typically ignored my disappointment on this vocal department.

When this version came out at CD store, one thing I really liked was the cover that reminded me really to the band's past days when there were original members of the band: Bill Ward, Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Ozzy Osbourne. As a matter of taste I actually prefer Tony Martin's voice but again .. as the original members band, the Ozzy era is still the one that people remember until now.

About Black Sabbath music, I like their sounds - especially in producing power chords due to Iommi's injury at his fingers that he then preferred to play using power chords - and its powerful guitar solo. The heavy riffs that I think are peculiar to rock music are also present here. Specific to this live set, I like the tracks like "Sweet Leaf" that brings together power chords, stunning guitar solo, eerie vocals, jaw dropping drum work and tight bass lines. I observe Geezer's bass lines are tight and able to generate the sound that combines nicely with Iommi guitar. Bill Ward is also a great drummer that demonstrates his dynamic skills in drumming here. "Killing Yourself To Live" is also an interesting live track here. My childhood favorite "Snowblind" is also a great one to enjoy, especially on the heavy riffs and Ozzy's eerie vocal line.

Although I consider that this two CDs set is an excellent rock concert record, I prefer Disc two because the facts that "Hole in The Sky" - my favorite track from "Sabotage" album being played wonderfully and also the song that remark the name of the band : "Black Sabbath". Wow!!! I do enjoy these two tracks plus "Hand of Doom", "Megalomania", "Symptom of The Universe", and "Behind The Wall of Sleep". Those are great live tracks that makes me enjoying this album.

Of course, this album is not as legendary as Deep Purple "Made in Japan" or Uriah Heep "Live 73" or Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains The Same" because it was just released recently. I am sure if this was released in the 70s, it made another great live record in the history of 70s classic rock music.

Peace on earth and mercy mild - GW

Send comments to Gatot (BETA) | Report this review (#155671) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 16, 2007

Review by Sinusoid
3 stars PAST LIVES is a post-millenium live album of Sabbath shows recorded at various times in the 70's. It seems that each of the first six Sabbath albums other than SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH (why is that?) is bountifully represented with a few live cuts. Obviously, the production is scratchier than any studio album could provide, but the band proves that they could play well and Ozzy actually sings quite well throughout the album. Unfortunately, I'm not so fond of live albums as most others are (this is me coming from the i-Generation). The only song I find superior here as opposed to a studio album is ''Hole in the Sky''. Still, this is a non-essential live album Sabbath fans should pick up; they're like Rush in the sense that the live performances mostly stick note-for-note in line with the studio version except for the we-never-needed-it-this-long ''Wicked World''.

Send comments to Sinusoid (BETA) | Report this review (#186831) | Review Permalink
Posted Friday, October 24, 2008

4 stars There were three things that led me to buy another live SABBATH album. First of all because this is the earliest live material that we have from the band that is a legit recording. We get six tracks from 1970, nine from 1973 and three from 1975. The second thing was that we don't get a re-hash of all their best songs as seven of these songs are from the three albums that follow "Master Of Reality". Yes we still get half of these eighteen tracks from the first two records but at least they mix it up. Lastly the album cover is one that i've been drawn to from the first time I saw it.

The first cd is all from 1973 and was released before under the name "Live At Last" but this recording has been cleaned up and sounds much better than the original that the band and management disapproved of. There is an almost 19 minute version of "Wicked World" from their debut that may go on far too long but I like hearing this band jam. And there's even a jazzy section. Tracks 1, 5-9 of the second disc are the 1970 ones recorded live in Paris. Love the rendition of "Black Sabbath" including the intricate acoustic guitar intro. Tracks 2-4 are the later ones recorded in 1975 at Asbury Park in New Jersey in 1975. I like this section the most as we get tracks that haven't been done to death and it's quite a powerful performance as well.

A low 4 stars only because i've heard the "hits" way too many times. Well worth picking up though if your a BLACK SABBATH fan.

Send comments to Mellotron Storm (BETA) | Report this review (#874148) | Review Permalink
Posted Sunday, December 09, 2012

Review by kev rowland
SPECIAL COLLABORATOR Crossover Team
5 stars There are far too few recordings available that capture the mighty Sabs at the height of their powers. Maybe it was due to the poor management that bedevilled them in the Seventies but they were one of the few hard rock bands that didn't release a live album. While contemporaries such as Deep Purple, as well as acts as diverse as Humble Pie, Kiss and Peter Frampton, all made their names with the obligatory live album, Black Sabbath recorded in the studio and toured but didn't release a souvenir. When a live album did come out, it was after the classic line-up had split up and was very much a low-key affair. Of course the hardened fans loved 'Live At Last' (yep, I still have my copy), but it didn't make nearly as much impact as it should have done.

So what has that to do with the new double live CD that is currently in the player? Instead of just re-releasing the original album, Sanctuary have released a double CD containing the whole of the original album on disc 1, along with another disc containing more seminal cuts. It may have been recorded at different times, but the sound has been cleaned and overall has a good sound given when it was recorded.

While disc 1 starts off with "Tomorrow's Dream" and on the way to "Paranoid" also contains classics such as "Sweet Leaf", "Killing Yourself To Live", "War Pigs" and a 19-minute version of "Wicked World", I found that it was disc 2 that spent more time in my player. If I could just point to one track your honour, the blistering awesome track 3 that is "Symptom Of The Universe" which really does capture the power of one of the world's most awesome rock bands at the height of their powers. From the time that Tony first hits the riff to the last dying solo, this is a classic in every sense of the word. Or how about the pounding drums and that strange bent guitar chord that leads into Ozzy singing "Has he lost his mind?" ("Iron Man"). There are also versions of "Black Sabbath", "N.I.B.", "Megalomania" among others before it closes with "Fairies Wear Boots".

An album that all Sabbath fans should hunt down immediately.

Originally appeared in Feedback #70, Oct 02

Send comments to kev rowland (BETA) | Report this review (#978122) | Review Permalink
Posted Saturday, June 15, 2013

3 stars There is a bit of history around this live album. Black Sabbath, and in particular Ozzy Osbourne, hated Live At Last with passion. It was the only live album featuring Ozzy Osbourne and it does Ozzy Osbourne no favours at all. So to rectify this injustice, perceived or not, Past Lives was rele ... (read more)

Report this review (#256303) | Posted by toroddfuglesteg | Tuesday, December 15, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of BLACK SABBATH "Past Lives"