IF THESE TREES COULD TALK

Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK Music
Singles/EPs/Fan Club/Promo, released in 2006

1. Malabar Front (8:03)
2. Smoke Stacks (6:26)
3. The Friscalating Dusklight (4:37)
4. Signal Tree (5:27)
5. The Death Of Paradigm (4:09)
6. 414'23"n, -8131'4"w (3:31)

Search IF THESE TREES COULD TALK If These Trees Could Talk lyrics

Search IF THESE TREES COULD TALK If These Trees Could Talk tabs

- Tom Fihe / bass
- Jeff Kalal / guitar
- Cody Kelly / guitar
- Zack Kelly / drums
- Mike Socrates / guitar

The Mylene Sheath SHEATH001

Thanks to chamberry for the addition
and to ProgLucky for the last updates

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK If These Trees Could Talk Music

The Bones of a Dying World by If These Trees Could Talk. USD $13.99 Buy It Now 12h 53m
The Bones of a Dying World by If These Trees Could Talk. USD $33.99 Buy It Now 14h 6m
THE SOUND OF RESCUE - APERTURE 1PR LTD ED 100 SEALED! IF THESE TREES COULD TALK USD $24.99 Buy It Now 14h 49m
If These Trees Could Talk Red Forest Vinyl Highlighter w/ Green Orange Splatter USD $50.00 Buy It Now 1 day
If These Trees Could Talk Above the Earth Below the Sky Vinyl Translucent Green USD $100.00 Buy It Now 1 day
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK-ABOVE THE EARTH BELOW THE SKY (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.02 Buy It Now 2 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK-RED FOREST (UK IMPORT) CD NEW USD $15.02 Buy It Now 2 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK "The Bones Of A Dying World" (2VINYL LPS) New USD $33.30 Buy It Now 3 days
If These Trees Could Talk | S/T & AtT,BtS | 2xLP | Clear w. Blob & Splatter /250 USD $79.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Above the Earth, Below the Sky [Digipak] by If These Trees Could Talk (CD,... USD $10.29 Buy It Now 6 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest Vinyl LP Red White Haze /100 New USD $79.99 Buy It Now 6 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Bones of a Dying World - 2xLP record vinyl New Mint USD $27.97 Buy It Now 6 days
If These Trees Could Talk Red Forest Vinyl Lp caspian pelican isis jakob toundra USD $60.00 Buy It Now 7 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - BONES OF A DYING WORLD - CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 8 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - RED FOREST - CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 9 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - Bones Of A Dying World (CD) USD $16.88 Buy It Now 10 days
If These Trees Could Talk - The Bones Of A Dying World vinyl lp russian circles USD $50.00 Buy It Now 10 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - ABOVE THE EARTH, BELOW THE SKY - CD USD $14.94 Buy It Now 10 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - BONES OF A DYING WORLD (GATEFOLD) - 2 VINYL SET USD $24.94 Buy It Now 10 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest [CD New] USD $11.13 Buy It Now 10 days
Red Forest - If These Trees Could Talk (CD Used Very Good) USD $9.39 Buy It Now 10 days
Red Forest [Digipak] * by If These Trees Could Talk (CD, Jan-2015, Metal Blade) USD $9.22 Buy It Now 11 days
Above The Earth Below The Sky - If These Trees Could Talk (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.74 Buy It Now 11 days
Intronaut - void promo rare the ocean isis pelican if these trees could talk USD $4.50 Buy It Now 14 days
Bones Of A Dying World 0039841546125 by If These Trees Could Talk, CD, BRAND NEW USD $21.52 Buy It Now 14 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - ABOVE THE EARTH,BELOW THE SKY CD NEW+ USD $20.77 Buy It Now 15 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - RED FOREST CD NEW+ USD $21.86 Buy It Now 15 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest NEW CD USD $13.95 Buy It Now 16 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below The Sky (NEW CD) USD $17.66 Buy It Now 18 days
If These Trees Could Talk - THE BONES OF A DYING WORLD black/white vinyl 19/200 USD $39.76 Buy It Now 19 days
If These Trees Could Talk - THE BONES OF A DYING WORLD MARBLE 2LP 200 COPIES USD $69.99 Buy It Now 20 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK-ABOVE THE EARTH BELOW THE SKY CD NEW USD $14.34 Buy It Now 21 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Bones Of A Dying World [Vinyl New] USD $31.80 Buy It Now 23 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Bones Of A Dying World [CD New] USD $11.66 Buy It Now 23 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK - THE BONES OF A DYING WORLD CD NEW+ USD $26.26 Buy It Now 24 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest CD New & Sealed USD $14.94 Buy It Now 25 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below The Sky CD New USD $14.94 Buy It Now 25 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK CD - BONES OF A DYING WORLD (2016) - NEW UNOPENED USD $14.99 Buy It Now 25 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Self Titled LP BLACK vinyl 1st Ed OOP Mylene Sheath USD $59.99 Buy It Now 25 days
Above The Earth Below The Sky - If These Trees Could Talk (2015, CD New) USD $11.72 Buy It Now 26 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Above The Earth Below The Sky [CD New] USD $12.74 Buy It Now 26 days
Bones of a Dying World - If These Trees Could Talk New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Fr USD $16.88 Buy It Now 27 days
Bones Of A Dying World - If These Trees Could Talk 039841546 (CD Used Very Good) USD $10.70 Buy It Now 27 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK-BONES OF A DYING WORLD CD NEW USD $14.34 Buy It Now 27 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK-BONES OF A DYING WORLD (GATE) VINYL LP NEW USD $36.09 Buy It Now 27 days
Red Forest - If These Trees Could Talk New & Sealed CD-JEWEL CASE Free Shipping USD $16.88 Buy It Now 28 days
The Bones of a Dying World [6/3] by If These Trees Could Talk (CD, Jun-2016,... USD $9.55 Buy It Now 28 days
IF THESE TREES COULD TALK "The Bones Of A Dying World" 2o16 (CD) METAL PROG USD $10.35 Buy It Now 29 days
If These Trees Could Talk - Above The Earth, Below The Sky NEW CD USD $13.95 Buy It Now 29 days

More places to buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK music online Buy IF THESE TREES COULD TALK & Prog Rock Digital Music online:

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK If These Trees Could Talk ratings distribution

IF THESE TREES COULD TALK If These Trees Could Talk reviews

Review by Fight Club
3 stars Derivative but overall and enjoyable listen

Post-rock seems to be flooding the music world these days. Arguably developing from TALK TALK's 1991 album, Laughing Stock, the genre dubbed "post-rock" seems to be ever-growing in popularity. Often characterized by wailing high-pitched guitars, gargantuan crescendos, three-part guitar harmonies, and raw emotion, post-rock has become an easy way for young musicians to achieve success while retaining the depth found in prog. Unfortunately this formula has found itself being painfully overused in recent years. The originators such as MOGWAI and GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR have been repeatedly mimicked and sadly, the once fresh genre of post-rock is growing dull.

Despite all this, I still find myself enjoying the stereotypical post-rock sound very much. The reflective mood suits me very well during early, dark mornings when my Art History class just happens to be canceled and I have two hours to kill. It's times like this when I like to lay back in my car and just let the music take over. Post-rock is like being engulfed in an aura of melancholia. There's an uncanny awareness of space, almost like your listening to the absence of music - a vibration instead of a sound. It churns your insides and tugs at your emotions like little other music can.

During the dark season of winter I tend to fall into a very pensive state of mind. It's only natural that I would want to acquire some more post-rock to compliment my mood. But I've already heard everything, GODSPEED, MONO, EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY, MOGWAI, etc. What else is there, right? Well, my TERA MELOS-loving mate also happens to be an expert on the genre.

"Yo John, recommend me some post-rock!" "If These Trees Could Talk" "They good?" "I heard Malabar Front once and bought the CD, they're good"

So I quickly got a hold of their self-titled EP and gave it a couple listens. First reaction went something like "Hmm I like the nice guitar intro, oh wait wrong song". Don't you hate it when you accidentally play a CD in the wrong order the first time? Who wants to be spoiled by track 2 when they haven't even heard track 1 yet!

Anyway, upon my first listen I liked the band. They clearly held every aspect you would expect from the genre, but there were a couple of things that stood out to me. First of all, there were none of the unnecessarily long clean guitar build ups that take up nearly half a MONO or EITS album. While EITS seem to build up their songs for an unbearably long period of time, IF THESE TREES COULD TALK take only the time required before rocking out. There are no slow, drawn out sections that end up leading to nowhere on this disc.

The second thing I noticed was how much heavier this band was than what I usually have come to expect. I'd consider them post-metal if it weren't for the tasteful harmonized pieces they have to offer. Take for example, "Smoke Stacks", the tranquil opening isn't something you'd expect from say, PELICAN or GIANT SQUID. A good amount of pulsing riffs still occupy the album though, not to mention the heart-wrenching crescendos. Oh this album does stir my emotions.

On the down side, everything is hopelessly derivative. It's like they took all the best aspects of the most notable bands in post-rock and threw them in a blender to create their sound. So, there's nothing new or original here at all. Don't expect to travel and ground the hasn't already been covered by the other bands I mentioned above.

Another thing one might notice is the similarity between every song. After "Malabar Front" one can pretty much guess what's to come for the duration of the album. The strong moments are all there, it's just it all sounds too similar for anything to truly stand out.

Don't take this as a negative review though. In a slowly dying genre of music, IF THESE TREES COULD TALK demonstrate considerable potential to become one of its leading contributors. For one expecting something a fresh taste of ideas out of this album, he will find disappointment. However, anyone just looking for another decent album to add to their post-rock collection, IF THESE TREES COULD TALK will do just fine.

My rating: 7/10

3 stars I have no idea how i get knowledge of this band and i think that that could be a plus because you never know what to expect. But i nearly knew what to expect: post rock. First, let me say that this is not typical post rock. it's more rock. Second, you are maybe tired of all these instrumental gr ... (read more)

Report this review (#161288) | Posted by Juliovp | Friday, February 8, 2008 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of IF THESE TREES COULD TALK "If These Trees Could Talk"