MEET THE FLOWER KINGS @ LIVE RECORDING 2003

progressive rock music

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Music
Live, released in 2003

CD1:
1. The Truth Will Set You Free (31:20)
2. Garden Of Dreams Pt 1 (27:07)
3. Garden Of Dreams Pt 2 (17:20)

CD2:
1. Humanizzimo (23:10)
2. Circus Brimstone (11:18)
3. Silent Inferno (16:13)
4. Stardust We Are (26:25)

Search THE FLOWER KINGS Meet The Flower Kings @ Live Recording 2003 lyrics

- Hasse Brunisson / percussion, vocals
- Zoltan Czörsz / drums
- Jonas Reingold / bass, bass pedals
- Daniel Gildenlöw / guitars, vocals, keyboards, percussion

Live performance, recorded at the Stadsteater, Upsalla, Sweden on 10th February, 2003
Line-up/Musicians. Also released on DVD, and in a limited box set containing 2 DVDs and 2 CDs (included in ProgArchives.com under DVD)

2003 Inside Out IOMCD 142

Thanks to Angelo for the addition
and to Tarcisio Moura for the last updates

THE FLOWER KINGS MP3, Free Download (music stream)

Buy THE FLOWER KINGS Meet The Flower Kings @ Live Recording 2003 Music

Desolation RoseDesolation Rose
Inside Out U.S. 2013
Banks of EdenBanks of Eden
Inside Out - EMI 2012
Space RevolverSpace Revolver
Inside Out U.S. 2000
The Sum Of No Evil (2CD)The Sum Of No Evil (2CD)
Limited Edition · Extra tracks
Inside Out / SPV 2007
Stardust We Are (2CD)Stardust We Are (2CD)
Inside Out U.S. 2000
Meet The Flower Kings: Live 2003 (2CD)Meet The Flower Kings: Live 2003 (2CD)
Inside Out U.S. 2004
Adam & Eve (2CD)Adam & Eve (2CD)
Special Edition · Extra tracks · Import
Avalon Japan 2004
Back in the World of AdventuresBack in the World of Adventures
Inside Out U.S. 2001
Paradox Hotel (2CD)Paradox Hotel (2CD)
Inside Out U.S. 2006
Progressive Rock Anthems CD Rick Wakeman Flower Kings Nektar Patrick Moraz YES US $3.99 [0 bids]
The Flower Kings Desolation Rose Factory Sealed Double vinyl LP US $39.46 Buy It Now 7h 43m
The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve US $11.00 Buy It Now 14h 20m
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are US $12.00 Buy It Now 14h 21m
The Flower Kings - The Rainmaker US $8.00 Buy It Now 14h 21m
The Flower Kings - The Sum Of No Evil US $9.99 Buy It Now 14h 21m
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future (2CD) US $13.50 Buy It Now 14h 21m
The Flower Kings - Unfold The Future (Import Digi Book) US $9.00 Buy It Now 14h 21m
TOMAS BODIN Pinup Guru CD FLOWER KINGS US $0.99 [1 bids]
FLOWER KINGS - The Road Back Home - 2 CD set US $15.99 Buy It Now 1 day
TRANSATLANTIC THE WHIRLWIND SPECIAL UKR. EDITION DREAM THEATER FLOWER KINGS US $14.99 Buy It Now 1 day
The Flower Kings Stardust We Are 2CD New & Sealed US $18.26 Buy It Now 1 day
THE FLOWER KINGS THE SUM OF NO EVIL SEALED CD NEW US $5.26 Buy It Now 1 day
The Sum of No Evil by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2007, Inside Out Music) US $1.25 [3 bids]
Unfold the Future by The Flower Kings (CD, Nov-2002, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $5.50 [5 bids]
THE FLOWER KINGS - ALIVE ON PLANET EARTH (2 CDs - 2000) inside out label * Mint US $12.95 Buy It Now 1 day
PROGDAY 2001 PROMO CD 11 TRACKS FLOWER KINGS YETI HANDS MAN ON FIRE ETC US $7.99 Buy It Now 1 day
Banks of Eden * by The Flower Kings (CD, Jun-2012, In2) US $10.30 Buy It Now 1 day
Desolation Rose [10/29] by The Flower Kings (CD, Oct-2013) BRAND NEW US $15.27 Buy It Now 1 day
SIMON SAYS Tardigrade CD PROG (Flower Kings, Spock's Beard, Yes, Genesis, Saga) US $9.99 [0 bids]
Desolation Rose [10/29] by The Flower Kings (CD, Oct-2013, Inside Out Music) US $12.33 Buy It Now 1 day
FLOWER KINGS - PARADOX HOTEL NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 2 days
Flower Kings : The Sum of No Evil CD (2007) US $10.00 Buy It Now 2 days
MOON SAFARI Lover's End CD PROG Genesis, Yes, Kaipa, Flower Kings, Glass Hammer US $11.74 [0 bids]
FLOWER KINGS-SPACE REVOLVER CD NEW US $18.03 Buy It Now 3 days
FLOWER KINGS-RETROPOLIS CD NEW US $16.86 Buy It Now 3 days
FLOWER KINGS-STARDUST WE ARE CD NEW US $20.88 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are (NEW 2CD) US $29.47 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (NEW 2CD) US $26.15 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (NEW CD) US $20.34 Buy It Now 3 days
PARADOX HOTEL BY FLOWER KINGS (CD) US $23.56 Buy It Now 3 days
The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are (2xCD) US $17.45 Buy It Now 3 days
Flower Kings Adam & Eve German CD album (CDLP) IOMCD174 INSIDE OUT 2004 US $20.35 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose UK CD US $27.94 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Kings - Rainmaker CD Pop Rock US $14.83 Buy It Now 4 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose Dig CD US $18.14 Buy It Now 4 days
ROINE STOLT The Flower King CD Progressive Rock BRAND NEW HTF 1994 Flower Kings US $9.99 Buy It Now 4 days
The Road Back Home by The Flower Kings (CD, Jun-2007, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $15.77 Buy It Now 4 days
Rainmaker by The Flower Kings CD Transatlantic Marillion Pain Of SalvAtion Yes US $6.99 Buy It Now 4 days
Hasse Bruniusson FLYING FOOD CIRCUS 2002 CD The Flower Kings Roine Stolt US $29.99 [0 bids]
The Flower Kings Stardust We Are(1ST SEPTEMBER) TRIPLE LP/2 CD SET NEW/MINT US $49.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Flower Power by The Flower Kings (CD, Nov-1999, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $7.98 Buy It Now 5 days
The Flower Kings "Banks Of Eden" Limited Edition CD Roine Stolt *Free Shipping* US $12.98 Buy It Now 5 days
FLOWER KINGS - DESOLATION ROSE (UK) NEW CD US $33.83 Buy It Now 5 days
Flower Kings - Space Revolver [CD New] US $15.24 Buy It Now 5 days
Stardust We Are by The Flower Kings (CD, Feb-2000, Inside Out) US $9.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Back in the World of Adventures by The Flower Kings (CD, Jan-2001, Inside Out... US $7.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Flower Power by The Flower Kings (CD, Nov-1999, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $12.99 Buy It Now 6 days
The Sum Of No Evil (Special Edition) by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2007, 2... US $8.99 Buy It Now 6 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (2013) - New - Compact Disc US $12.30 Buy It Now 6 days
Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel [CD New] US $17.51 Buy It Now 6 days
The Flower Kings - Banks Of Eden (2012) - Used - Compact Disc US $7.88 Buy It Now 6 days
Meet the Flower Kings by Flower Kings (The) (CD, Nov-2003, 2 Discs, Inside... US $15.99 Buy It Now 6 days
FLOWER KINGS Japan 1998 NM CD SCANNING THE GREENHOUSE US $49.99 Buy It Now 6 days
THE FLOWER KINGS- Desolation Rose 2-LP + CD (NEW/SEALED 2013 Vinyl) PROG Rock US $30.44 Buy It Now 7 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose [CD New] US $28.91 Buy It Now 7 days
The Flower Kings - Scanning the Greenhouse (1998) US $1.66 [1 bids]
The Flower Kings - Flower Power (2009) DOUBLE CD US $3.32 [1 bids]
THE FLOWER KINGS:BANKS OF EDEN/PROG US $11.61 Buy It Now 8 days
The Flower Kings - Retropolis (2000) US $1.66 [1 bids]
The Flower Kings - Rainmaker - DOUBLE CD US $3.32 [1 bids]
The Flower Kings - Road Back Home (2007) US $3.32 [1 bids]
The Flower Kings - Unfold the Future (2002) US $3.32 [0 bids]
The Flower Kings - Sum of No Evil (2007) LIMITED EDITION DOUBLE CD US $3.32 [1 bids]
Rainmaker by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2001, Inside Out Music) US $6.99 Buy It Now 8 days
The Flower Kings - Space Revolver (2000) LIMITED EDITION US $3.32 [0 bids]
FLOWER KINGS - FLOWER POWER NEW CD US $27.33 Buy It Now 9 days
INSIDEOUT MUSIC AMERICA CD PROMO PROG w FLOWER KINGS MASTERMIND PLATYPUS SEALED US $7.99 Buy It Now 9 days
FLOWER KINGS -- Flower Power (2-CD Set) IMPORT From GERMANY US $14.99 Buy It Now 9 days
FLOWER KINGS - RETROPOLIS NEW CD US $22.74 Buy It Now 10 days
NEW Desolation Rose by The Flower Kings CD (CD) US $28.92 Buy It Now 10 days
NEW Desolation Rose by The Flower Kings CD (CD) US $23.29 Buy It Now 10 days
Flower Kings - Flower Power [CD New] US $17.55 Buy It Now 10 days
FLOWER KINGS ADAM & EVE CD JEWEL CASE US $11.99 Buy It Now 10 days
@ CD Reptilian - Castle Of Yesterday SS FLOWER KINGS MAJESTIC REGAIN RECORDS US $9.99 Buy It Now 10 days
Adam & Eve [Slipcase] by The Flower Kings (CD, Jul-2004, Inside Out Music) US $10.10 Buy It Now 10 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose NEW CD US $18.48 Buy It Now 11 days
Flower Kings - Adam & Eve [CD New] US $12.97 Buy It Now 11 days
The Flower Kings - Desolation Rose (deluxe) NEW CD US $22.26 Buy It Now 11 days
Space Revolver by The Flower Kings (CD, Jul-2000, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $12.32 Buy It Now 11 days
Stardust We Are by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2000, 2 Discs, Inside Out Music) US $16.39 Buy It Now 11 days
Retropolis by The Flower Kings (CD, Sep-2000, Inside Out Music) US $10.97 Buy It Now 11 days
Transatlantic - SMPTe promo cd (marillion / spock's beard / flower kings ) US $40.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Swedish Prog psych KAIPA ~ SOLO lp w/ Insert FLOWER KINGS VERY Clean vinyl is NM US $60.00 Buy It Now 11 days
Flower Kings - Back In The World Of Adventure [CD New] US $16.11 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Stardust We Are [CD New] US $19.35 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Banks Of Eden [CD New] US $13.26 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Desolation Rose [CD New] US $15.26 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Adam & Eve CD US $18.62 Buy It Now 12 days
THE FLOWER KINGS-Desolation Rose-2013 2LP US $26.00 Buy It Now 12 days
Flower Kings - Meet The Flower Kings [CD New] US $19.29 Buy It Now 12 days
The Flower Kings - Adam & Eve (2004) CD US $12.44 Buy It Now 13 days
The Flower Kings - Back In The World Of Adventures (2000) CD NR MINT US $12.44 Buy It Now 13 days

More places to buy THE FLOWER KINGS music online Buy THE FLOWER KINGS & Prog Rock Digital Music online:
  • AmazonMP3: Search for THE FLOWER KINGS DRM-Free MP3 Downloads @ AmazonMP3 (USA Only) | AmazonMP3 (UK Only)

THE FLOWER KINGS Meet The Flower Kings @ Live Recording 2003 ratings distribution

THE FLOWER KINGS Meet The Flower Kings @ Live Recording 2003 reviews

Review by ZowieZiggy
4 stars With the shortest track clocking at over eleven minutes, be ready for extremely long pieces of music from TFK. One of their all- time best is the opener of this double CD set (combined with two DVD's for the special edition). This review takes only the audio part into consideration.

"The Truth Will Set You Free" is one of my three favourite TFK song so far. I have discovered this live version first and I have been in love with it since the very first time I have been listening to it. And since then, I have given it an impressive number of spins. When TFK meets Yes has always been a pleasure for my ears. Extremely beautiful vocal harmonies, superb guitar work rom Roine, complex rhythms and great drumming. Those are the ingredients for this true prog epic. I am not a devoted TFK maniac but when I like them, I really do so, no compromise really.

The next song has been split into two parts and the whole has been shortened by almost fifteen minutes. I must say that this treatment plus the fact that some boring passages seem to have been cut off the original and are replaced by interesting improv, I can only be pleased witht this rendition of "Garden Of Dreams". It still clocks at over forty-four minutes but it is far much better in this version than in its original form.

TFK goes on with "Humanizzimo". A song featured on Roine's solo album "The Flower Kings" released in 1994. It is a 100% Flower Kings song. Another epic (over twenty-three minutes in this format). It was also love at first sight. Almost the same atmosphere as for "Truth". Catchy melodies, nice keys and guitar. Sometimes spacey, sometimes improv (but not too much).

"Circus Brimstone" was featured on the album "Stardust We Are". It is the "shortest" piece of music you'll find on this album. Clocking at a mere eleven minutes ! The long intro seems pure improvisation and is definitely KC oriented. Almost the whole track will remain in these territories. Of course, besides Yes, the other major source of inspiration for TFK is KC, so it is only normal to have a song which fully reminds us this band. The last four minutes though are pure symphony mixed with a very powerful finale. A good track again.

"Silent Inferno" comes from the "Unfold The Future" sessions (this tour is supporting this album so no wonder here). It was one of the best song of the studio album and is more than welcome on this live work. A bit more extended here (about two additional minutes), this version is very pleasant. Another truely TFK song dominated by the Yes influence (which is how I prefer them by far). The guitar work is extremely well performed and this number is a highlight of this live set. Just behind "The Truth...".

The long "Stardust..." could not really convinced me while I was reviewing the studio album. I have the same feeling about this live version. A bit too long to be interesting during its whole lenght, this is still a pleasant composition.

TFK have made an excellent choice of tracks for this recording. This double album is an excellent alternative to their studio work which is often a bit too "short" (in quality, not in lenght of course). It is my favourite TFK live album so far. Four stars.

Send comments to ZowieZiggy (BETA) | Report this review (#152861) | Review Permalink
Posted Monday, November 26, 2007

Review by Chris S
3 stars Not bad......this being my first introduction to The Flower Kings. It is a strongly delivered live album ( CD version ), great cover and I was impressed also by the length of tracks especially as a live presentation.I do find they are highly gifted musicians especially Stolt, Gildenlow and Bodin, yet something inside me tells after repeated listens that their is an underlying hint of Yes and Genesis and even possibly Pink Floyd in parts. It is not necessarily a bad thing for bands to be heavily influenced by these great groups but in essence I do feel the musical composition therefore slips up as there is no doubt a '' Been there, worn the T- Shirt" type feel to the album.

It is very complex in parts which gives an even greater proggy feel to their music. Roine Stolts vocals are not totally strong but he does carry it off overall. ' Garden of Dreams part 1 ' for me is the high point on this album but ' part 2 'is also good as is the opener ' The Truth Will Set You Free'. I have not got the DVD version so I cannot speak for the visuals and other tracks. Again a good album but that is as far as it goes.

Send comments to Chris S (BETA) | Report this review (#152886) | Review Permalink
Posted Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Review by darkshade
COLLABORATOR Jazz Rock/Fusion Team
5 stars The Flower Kings play some of their best epics that they had written up to this point (2003), and I must say, this record blew me away the first time I heard it, and still blows me away. I would argue that most of the material here is superior to their studio counterparts, as the energy level on some tracks is much higher, and there is a level of spontaneity, along with some jamming and improvisation. Not to mention the best TFK rhythm section of Jonas Reingold on bass and Zoltan Czorsz on drums playing the older material like Garden of Dreams, Humanizzimo, and Stardust We Are.

While it is necessary to hear the studio versions first so that you can tell what changes were made on these live versions (such as Garden of Dreams being edited down, but with added jams), if this is your first Flower Kings venture, you can't really go wrong. The band is known for the highest quality epics, some of their strongest material is held within these monster pieces of music. It's also nice to have Daniel Gildenlow as a member of the band here, as his voice adds nice color to the already colorful music. Having 3 lead vocalists in the band was a very great thing and it's unfortunate Daniel left.

Anyway, any TFK fan will look at this track list scream for joy. This should be an auto-buy for any TFK fan, or fans of symphonic prog of the highest order. The sound quality is perfect, and at times I feel like I'm listening to a studio album. Not every live album is worthy of 5 stars, most aren't; but this is an essential Flower Kings album, live or studio. You won't be disappointed.

Send comments to darkshade (BETA) | Report this review (#779212) | Review Permalink
Posted Thursday, June 28, 2012

5 stars You ask me if this music is quality or quantity; I say both! The Flower Kings often plays long songs and here on this live record they play some of their best lengthy ones. I don't think this is a record for anyone and you won't appreciate it anytime, and especielly not the whole at one occati ... (read more)

Report this review (#1092282) | Posted by DrömmarenAdrian | Thursday, December 19, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars One of the best live albums that I know. The tracks selection es excellent, sound is awesome and the perfomance of every band member is fresh and with great lucidity, clarity. No need to detail every track; but I want emphasise the brightness of The truth will set you free, great song in which the ... (read more)

Report this review (#927273) | Posted by sinslice | Saturday, March 09, 2013 | Review Permanlink

5 stars This live album features some of The Flower King's best material live. Although some of the band members where sick from or recovering from the flu during the recording, the playing and singing is excellent. However, it is not a full live performance as they recorded the album in several takes over ... (read more)

Report this review (#440531) | Posted by Garden of Dreams | Friday, April 29, 2011 | Review Permanlink

5 stars The first time I heard The Flower Kings was when I brought the album Stardust We Are...as you can understand...son after that I brought all the albums and I followed them every since. I must say that I do not apreciate everything they make.....and all albums hasd some extremely good pieces and s ... (read more)

Report this review (#201783) | Posted by Daniel1974nl | Thursday, February 05, 2009 | Review Permanlink

Post a review of THE FLOWER KINGS "Meet The Flower Kings @ Live Recording 2003"